TEMPO

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - May 2019

Fri May 10, 2019 12:27 pm

From the Airline Routes news website

>>
Air India closes Mumbai – New York reservation from June 2019

Air India in a recent inventory update adjusted reservation for Mumbai – New York JFK route, previously scheduled to resume on 02JUN19. Planned 3 weekly service with 777-300ER, is no longer available for reservation. This includes winter 2019/20 schedule on/after 27OCT19. Further changes remain likely.

Previously filed schedule from 02JUN19 as follows:

AI105 BOM0100 – 0655JFK 77W 357
AI106 JFK1030 – 1230+1BOM 77W 357
<<

Reasons? Delta? Lack of aircraft?

TEMPO

Fri May 10, 2019 12:33 pm

From the Airline Routes website:
+++++++

Air India in a recent inventory update adjusted reservation for Mumbai – New York JFK route, previously scheduled to resume on 02JUN19. Planned 3 weekly service with 777-300ER, is no longer available for reservation. This includes winter 2019/20 schedule on/after 27OCT19. Further changes remain likely.

Previously filed schedule from 02JUN19 as follows:

AI105 BOM0100 – 0655JFK 77W 357
AI106 JFK1030 – 1230+1BOM 77W 357
+++++++
Do we know why? Delta?

dtw2hyd

Fri May 10, 2019 12:55 pm

TEMPO wrote:
Do we know why? Delta?

Maybe DL-AI code-share in the works? Next best option for DL if Vistara cannot expand its Mumbai network.

CaliguyNYC

Fri May 10, 2019 1:35 pm

EmoticonsAllDay wrote:
Apparently, according to insider sources, Vistara's expansion in both domestic and international market stagnated only due to the lack of slots at DEL and BOM. Now with Jet out of the picture, Vistara is purchasing the B777s and A330s of Jet only to fly to destinations like LHR and other American cities, which could be started at a very short notice after the purchase goes through as the crew is to be wet leased. They have also asked Boeing to deliver their 787s (due for delivery in 2020) as soon as possible before the slated dates. Could someone verify the integrity of this information?

If this were true, will Vistara be able to sustain the rapid expansion or is this the start of another one biting the dust?

So from process pov, wouldn't this have to wait until the GOI decides on the bids that were just submitted for Jet. Or would the wet leases be until October? While I get airlines flying routes domestically even if they lose them in Oct (assuming Jet can even come back). Widebody international routes to new stations seem much more risky until you know that Jet is never coming back. Am I missing something?

CaliguyNYC

Fri May 10, 2019 1:39 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
TEMPO wrote:
Do we know why? Delta?

Maybe DL-AI code-share in the works? Next best option for DL if Vistara cannot expand its Mumbai network.

No code share I think. AI ran away now that DL announced JFK-BOM. Which is the smart move. AI should add 3X to their IAD-DEL flight to make it 6 days a week OR as a fall back (and much less desirable) add EWR-DEL 3X (with different timings than EWR-BOM - say an evening departure). In the end I think the NYC area will be very well served with UA's 2X flights, AI's 1X and Delta's 1X nonstops. After this all settles down, perhaps someone will add EWR-BLR.

anshabhi

Fri May 10, 2019 2:08 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
After this all settles down, perhaps someone will add EWR-BLR.

that's light years away, if not more.

EK-SG codeshare will suck viability out of nonstop flights.

georgiabill

Fri May 10, 2019 2:22 pm

Any chance AI is trying to add another slot or 2 at LHR and capitalize on 9W'S demise? Could a 77W be justified on BOM-LHR-BOM and DEL-LHR-DEL additional AI services? If so AI might tweaking their schedule if they can obtain additional slots or replacing 787'S with their 77W'S for additional capacity

dtw2hyd

Fri May 10, 2019 2:23 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
No code share I think. AI ran away now that DL announced JFK-BOM. Which is the smart move. AI should add 3X to their IAD-DEL flight to make it 6 days a week OR as a fall back (and much less desirable) add EWR-DEL 3X (with different timings than EWR-BOM - say an evening departure). In the end I think the NYC area will be very well served with UA's 2X flights, AI's 1X and Delta's 1X nonstops. After this all settles down, perhaps someone will add EWR-BLR.

AI doesn't run away from losses and Delta doesn't shy away from revenue. May not be a code-share but even an interline is good for both. AI @BOM gives 30-35 connections to Delta. Even with excellent JFK-BOM O&D, a domestic partner helps fill seats and make the route more viable. [email protected] can interline with AI DEL-JFK.

How long do you think Vistara matches AI domestic network at Mumbai?

CaliguyNYC

Fri May 10, 2019 3:38 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:

AI doesn't run away from losses and Delta doesn't shy away from revenue. May not be a code-share but even an interline is good for both. AI @BOM gives 30-35 connections to Delta. Even with excellent JFK-BOM O&D, a domestic partner helps fill seats and make the route more viable. [email protected] can interline with AI DEL-JFK.

How long do you think Vistara matches AI domestic network at Mumbai?

Im sorry I misunderstood. Would LH allow AI to code share with DL? I know DL and AI interline (and that will continue) but I don't think DL would ever sell AI on DL.com. I think Vistara will ramp up quickly at BOM if the GOI announces the Jet revival is dead (they just need to decide that one way or another already - to have it linger helps NO ONE). If Vistara also takes over 9W's 3am domestic bank at BOM, DL gets a good chance of their connection needs (so BLR, HYD, MAA, CCU, AMD at a min).

VTORD

Fri May 10, 2019 4:40 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
Would LH allow AI to code share with DL?.

How does that matter? I haven't checked the up-to-date status of AI-LH code shares but AFAIK, it's minimal and they have the interline that comes with being in Star Alliance. LH has absolutely no authority over AI whatsoever,

georgiabill wrote:
Any chance AI is trying to add another slot or 2 at LHR and capitalize on 9W'S demise? Could a 77W be justified on BOM-LHR-BOM and DEL-LHR-DEL additional AI services? If so AI might tweaking their schedule if they can obtain additional slots or replacing 787'S with their 77W'S for additional capacity

A 77W would absolutely be justified there.I think India' bilateral with UK in respect to LHR is frequency based not seat based (it was discussed in one of the earlier threads) so I think a substitution for 787 a makes sense. But they don't need to pull a 77W from a route to do that (assuming your theory). They have 2 lying around since September. Unless they are pulling the 77L from SFO on one of the flights and going 77W.....in which case where's the 77L going then?

dtw2hyd

Fri May 10, 2019 4:45 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
Would LH allow AI to codeshare with DL? .

Why not, AI allowed LH/UA to partner with 9W. In fact, both LH and UA avoid AI at all costs.
EY allowed 9W to partner with DL.
An alliance is a non-binding relationship.

CaliguyNYC wrote:
I know DL and AI interline (and that will continue) but I don't think DL would ever sell AI on DL.com. I think Vistara will ramp up quickly at BOM if the GOI announces the Jet revival is dead (they just need to decide that one way or another already - to have it linger helps NO ONE). If Vistara also takes over 9W's 3am domestic bank at BOM, DL gets a good chance of their connection needs (so BLR, HYD, MAA, CCU, AMD at a min).

All these things should be cleared in two weeks.

CaliguyNYC

Fri May 10, 2019 4:48 pm

VTORD wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:
Would LH allow AI to code share with DL?.

How does that matter? I haven't checked the up-to-date status of AI-LH code shares but AFAIK, it's minimal and they have the interline that comes with being in Star Alliance. LH has absolutely no authority over AI whatsoever,

georgiabill wrote:

A 77W would absolutely be justified there.I think India' bilateral with UK in respect to LHR is frequency based not seat based (it was discussed in one of the earlier threads) so I think a substitution for 787 a makes sense. But they don't need to pull a 77W from a route to do that (assuming your theory). They have 2 lying around since September. Unless they are pulling the 77L from SFO on one of the flights and going 77W.....in which case where's the 77L going then?

To my knowledge, LH is the main airline that pushes traffic to AI. People used to talk about tickets sold by LH that included AI from say FRA-DEL. Same goes with the LH group. We used to talk about AI a lot. Now we almost never do. So I have n idea today how important LH is to AI. DL made 9W cut ties with UA and AA when they started their deep partnership. Not saying AI/LH are the same. I was just asking.

And yes, I think AI would be smart to up gauge their current BOM-LHR to a 77W (especially since they have extra). Only think that might be stopping them is that the 787 product is better/newer.

pune

Fri May 10, 2019 10:59 pm

lightsaber wrote:
unrave wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:
On any given route operator with the lowest trip cost wins the financial race. The operator with the lowest CASM wins the internet.

Can someone translate this into English please. I did not study Masters in Computer Science course.

1. It means airlines ordering A321 over A320 do not know what they are doing.
2. Obviously the airlines cramming in more seats, which increases trip costs, have no idea what they are doing.
3. The 787 is the only widebody to consider vand the NMA will rule the market. ;)

Or, many users attempts to describe yield management have failed and someone will be surprised which airlines thrive.

Lightsaber

Isn't A321 supposed to be narrow body single aisle aircraft, at least according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airbus_A321
Now if the A321 are supposed to be for domestic circuits, theoretically they could fill it dense with 236 passengers per trip and still make profits. As shared earlier, in quite a few threads and posts, both with 737 MAX down and now the demise of Jet Airways there are lot of seats which can be easily filled. The only issue is or can be due to economic downturn if the market contracts or remains as it is. If passenger tickets/tarrifs remain high we probably would see muted response by passengers even though yeilds may improve in the short run, in the long run it would affect investments in aircraft, airport capacity building initiatives. If somebody has a contrarion view, I would urge you to share the same as well as give some reasoning about why you think that.

unnayan

Sat May 11, 2019 6:26 am

Multiple operational issues reports from SG

https://indianexpress.com/article/india ... d-5722419/

avier

Sat May 11, 2019 8:38 am

unnayan wrote:

They have had similar issues like that many times before. I remember one CCU-BOM flight had landed in Nagpur in similar situations few years back, with an overnight plane stay for pax. Their ops are very poorly handled. And with so many ex-9W aircrafts added with so many different variants and configurations, their ops are going to only get worse with more disruptions as they will have very little flexibility going forward in swapping aircrafts.

unnayan

Sat May 11, 2019 10:14 am

avier wrote:
unnayan wrote:

They have had similar issues like that many times before. I remember one CCU-BOM flight had landed in Nagpur in similar situations few years back, with an overnight plane stay for pax. Their ops are very poorly handled. And with so many ex-9W aircrafts added with so many different variants and configurations, their ops are going to only get worse with more disruptions as they will have very little flexibility going forward in swapping aircrafts.

Looks like they should start NAG operations if only to cater to diversions.. :D

avier

Sat May 11, 2019 11:43 am

unnayan wrote:
avier wrote:
unnayan wrote:

Looks like they should start NAG operations if only to cater to diversions.. :D

True. Nagpur is afterall considered the geographical centre of India. So that station will come handy for many of their air routes criss-crossing that area. :)
If they can fly to Pakyong, I'm sure they can to NAG for their future expansion.

Bhadra

Sat May 11, 2019 9:35 pm

Does anyone here know if ETOPS 180 clearance is forthcoming from DGCA for NEOs powered by PW engines? Is this something that can happen in 2019?

trinidadeG

Sun May 12, 2019 4:07 pm

georgiabill wrote:

AFAIK, Air India up gauged its lone BOM-LHR - AI131/130 - to a B77W within days of 9W ceasing ops on the route.
AI's DEL-LHR ops continue on the B787, but anyway 9W had a smaller share of that route with only one daily 77W so I suppose AI didn't find an up-gauge as necessary as much as on BOM-LHR, where 9W used operate thrice-daily 77Ws.

TEMPO

Mon May 13, 2019 12:56 pm

TEMPO wrote:
I wanted to ask about e-mail messages that I just got from British Airways. This is for India flights fairly far into the future. I was surprised to see two notifications of equipment changes .

BA119 from London to Bangalore in mid-December is now on a 4-class Boeing 787-9. It was booked on a three-class Boeing 777-200. I’ve done this trip a bunch of times, and it’s been mostly 777-200s with the occasional 777-300.

BA142 from Delhi to London in mid-January 2020 is now on an Airbus A380. It was booked on a 4-class Boeing 787-9.

BA announces one of the two changes I was curious about:

London Heathrow – Bangalore 27OCT19 – 31DEC19 787-9 replaces 3-class 777-200ER

No public word about the Delhi flight as far as I can see.

voxkel

Tue May 14, 2019 4:08 pm

I was wondering if it would be a good idea for AI to restart DEL-JFK nonstop on 77L. It would be a 17h55min flight westbound, around PK. I think they can command a good premium if they can pull it off. IMO operating this 3/wk is better than AI183 (the additional SFO flight). This would make DEL a premium nonstop hub, while most US routes are through BOM. Many flights to US fly over BOM airspace so might as well just stop there instead of VIE.

Based on current flight times, I was thinking (routes and block times

Flights nonstop from DEL

AI101 DEL-JFK nonstop 77L (17h55min, 3/wk)
AI102 JFK-DEL nonstop 77L (16h20min, 3/wk)

AI173 DEL-SFO nonstop 77L (16h15min, daily)
AI174 SFO-DEL nonstop 77L (19h00min, daily)

No more AI183/184

Flights via BOM, eastbound will also stop at BOM

AI103 DEL-BOM-IAD 77W, where BOM-IAD is 16h40min, 3/wk
AI104 IAD-BOM-DEL 77W, where IAD-BOM is 15h10min, 3/wk

AI127 DEL-BOM-ORD 77W, where BOM-ORD is 16h45min, daily
AI126 ORD-BOM-DEL 77W, where ORD-BOM is 15h15min, daily

AI191 DEL-BOM-EWR 77W, where BOM-EWR would be 16h15min, daily
AI144 EWR-BOM-DEL 77W, where EWR-BOM would be 14h25min, daily

77W may have restrictions on the last 3 flights, but should be able to make it.

unnayan

Tue May 14, 2019 6:13 pm

voxkel wrote:
I was wondering if it would be a good idea for AI to restart DEL-JFK nonstop on 77L. It would be a 17h55min flight westbound, around PK. I think they can command a good premium if they can pull it off. IMO operating this 3/wk is better than AI183 (the additional SFO flight). This would make DEL a premium nonstop hub, while most US routes are through BOM. Many flights to US fly over BOM airspace so might as well just stop there instead of VIE.

Based on current flight times, I was thinking (routes and block times

Flights nonstop from DEL

AI101 DEL-JFK nonstop 77L (17h55min, 3/wk)
AI102 JFK-DEL nonstop 77L (16h20min, 3/wk)

AI173 DEL-SFO nonstop 77L (16h15min, daily)
AI174 SFO-DEL nonstop 77L (19h00min, daily)

No more AI183/184

Flights via BOM, eastbound will also stop at BOM

AI103 DEL-BOM-IAD 77W, where BOM-IAD is 16h40min, 3/wk
AI104 IAD-BOM-DEL 77W, where IAD-BOM is 15h10min, 3/wk

AI127 DEL-BOM-ORD 77W, where BOM-ORD is 16h45min, daily
AI126 ORD-BOM-DEL 77W, where ORD-BOM is 15h15min, daily

AI191 DEL-BOM-EWR 77W, where BOM-EWR would be 16h15min, daily
AI144 EWR-BOM-DEL 77W, where EWR-BOM would be 14h25min, daily

77W may have restrictions on the last 3 flights, but should be able to make it.

Just one comment.. reducing AI101 to three weekly will be massive downgrade for their flagship route

unrave

Wed May 15, 2019 11:29 am

All is not well at IndiGo. Bhatia and Gangwal are having a fall out over differences in their vision for the airline. They have each hired a law firm to iron out the differences. It is popcorn time!
Denial of racism is as egregious as racism itself

avier

Wed May 15, 2019 12:06 pm

unrave wrote:
All is not well at IndiGo. Bhatia and Gangwal are having a fall out over differences in their vision for the airline. They have each hired a law firm to iron out the differences. It is popcorn time!

In any case, I'd side Gangwal's judgement and vision for the airline. Bhatia will be more like say Ajay Singh in decision making. Hence the murmurs of WB orders & business class recently.

unrave

Wed May 15, 2019 12:32 pm

avier wrote:
In any case, I'd side Gangwal's judgement and vision for the airline. Bhatia will be more like say Ajay Singh in decision making. Hence the murmurs of WB orders & business class recently.

Absolutely. Ganagwal is the main dog. Bhatia is useful to the extent of "managing" the ecosystem.

anshabhi

Wed May 15, 2019 1:11 pm

unrave wrote:

Being the billionaires that they are I don't expect to see a cat fight between them. Besides, IndiGo is a publically listed company which has a board to take decisions.

All of this fight story is based on reports from unknown anonymous sources. No reason to waste time in even reading it.
https://www.timesnownews.com/business-e ... igh/419398

Look at their supporting evidence: IndiGo shares dropped 1% :rotfl:

dtw2hyd

Wed May 15, 2019 1:31 pm

No good deed goes unpunished, for outing the Jet's slot distribution plan which forced SG to share slots with others, Indigo will be taught a lesson.

unrave

Wed May 15, 2019 1:37 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
No good deed goes unpunished, for outing the Jet's slot distribution plan which forced SG to share slots with others,

What exactly happened? Was it illegal? Do you have a credible source to back your claims? Your statement is barely comprehensible.

Indigo will be taught a lesson.

Who will teach IndiGo a lesson? Why should someone teach IndiGo a lesson? How will anyone teach a lesson to an airline?

anshabhi

Wed May 15, 2019 1:43 pm

This is a pretty interesting report:

According to a report in CNBCTV18, the Slot Allocation Committee allotted 130 of the 766 slots available to SpiceJet, with its maximum slots at Mumbai airport at 68 out of the 214 vacated by Jet Airways.

IndiGo received the second highest number at 127, followed by Vistara, which received 110 slots. GoAir and AirAsia India were allotted 44 and 42 slots, respectively.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/busin ... 75101.html

CaliguyNYC

Wed May 15, 2019 1:53 pm

anshabhi wrote:
This is a pretty interesting report:

According to a report in CNBCTV18, the Slot Allocation Committee allotted 130 of the 766 slots available to SpiceJet, with its maximum slots at Mumbai airport at 68 out of the 214 vacated by Jet Airways.

IndiGo received the second highest number at 127, followed by Vistara, which received 110 slots. GoAir and AirAsia India were allotted 44 and 42 slots, respectively.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/busin ... 75101.html

So Spice in the end did end up getting the most amount of slots. I love how they don't release by what system they decided the slot allocations. Also there seems to be no attempt to expand connectivity at airports that are slot constrained. This was also the chance to add some key UDAN flights. Now let's see if the airlines can retain the slots. As people have rightly pointed out, Jet couldn't make money on their portfolio. Here's hoping everyone just doesn't add flights like BOM-DEL, BOM-BLR and push yields even lower. If history repeats itself and Indigo runs Spice out of many competitive routes, then BOM could come out a winner. Spice will then reallocate their flights to new destinations not served by Indigo. I would count that as a win.

For the future, I think GO and Vistara need to consolidate into one. And Air Asia, I have nothing to say.

unrave

Wed May 15, 2019 2:22 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:

So Spice in the end did end up getting the most amount of slots. I love how they don't release by what system they decided the slot allocations.

If you followed the news you'd know the only criterion for allotting slots was the ability to induct aircraft without cutting domestic capacity elsewhere. This has been reported previously here and in the Jet Airways thread.

acavpics

Wed May 15, 2019 2:39 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:
TEMPO wrote:
Do we know why? Delta?

Somewhere I read that this is due to the closure of Pakistani airspace. Not sure if that is true or not.

aarbee

Wed May 15, 2019 5:07 pm

anshabhi wrote:
IndiGo received the second highest number at 127, followed by Vistara, which received 110 slots. ...

OK. This is how lesson is taught :thumbsup:
Love the AIXes

CaliguyNYC

Wed May 15, 2019 5:09 pm

I have a lot of issues with this article, but this is what the press puts out. It is asking if Indigo should launch a business class for international flights. If Indigo goes for wide bodies, maybe a very small high density J class and a small premium Econ in the from part of the plane might make sense. Or just have an angled flat J class. If price is really what matters, then that could work.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/in ... 336328.cms

YouGeeElWhy

Wed May 15, 2019 5:54 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
I have a lot of issues with this article, but this is what the press puts out. It is asking if Indigo should launch a business class for international flights. If Indigo goes for wide bodies, maybe a very small high density J class and a small premium Econ in the from part of the plane might make sense. Or just have an angled flat J class. If price is really what matters, then that could work.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/in ... 336328.cms
"IF" they do this, which I hope they do not as it will not end well, then I 'd expect the layout to look something like Scoot's 787s. It would be straight silly to stratify a ULCC's cabin into 3 classes.

I hope they stick with the narrowbodies so they can have more frequencies to places from multiple hubs with multiple connection banks. Widebody buys would be a detriment to those kinds of goals and impact their route flexibility.

CaliguyNYC

Wed May 15, 2019 9:41 pm

So how many planes will Vistara need for the 110 slots? Will the 10 Jet planes be enough?

edealinfo

Wed May 15, 2019 11:12 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
So how many planes will Vistara need for the 110 slots? Will the 10 Jet planes be enough?

Per a prior report, Vistara is to get 10 ex Jet planes ( 6 in May and 4 in June plus they will get about 8 to 10 Airbus planes starting in July with deliveries through the end of the year.

Spicejet is already operating 16 of the 40 ex Jet planes for which it had contracted

For the slots that the Government allocated, did they also indicate over which period the slots must be utilized or otherwise would revert back to the authorities?

dtw2hyd

Thu May 16, 2019 10:47 am

Looks like next airline is getting ready for its one way to the cliff. Not sure who is walking this one. Fillings are ready to stuff and slow cook the bird.

Very odd this news started before May 23rd. Could be just a technique to cripple the bird and not kill it.

Journalists are pumped to cover the news.

edealinfo

Thu May 16, 2019 12:24 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
Looks like next airline is getting ready for its one way to the cliff. Not sure who is walking this one. Fillings are ready to stuff and slow cook the bird.

Very odd this news started before May 23rd. Could be just a technique to cripple the bird and not kill it.

Journalists are pumped to cover the news.

Could you elongate or be more specific regarding your thoughts? You innuendos are difficult to decipher

unrave

Thu May 16, 2019 12:33 pm

edealinfo wrote:
Could you elongate or be more specific regarding your thoughts? You innuendos are difficult to decipher

Apparently IndiGo will shut down soon given the rift between the promoters. That is the wisdom gained from advanced molecular biology course.
Edit: corrected typo
Last edited by unrave on Thu May 16, 2019 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adi00654

Thu May 16, 2019 12:37 pm

unrave wrote:
edealinfo wrote:

Apparently IndiGo will shut down son given the rift between the promoters. That is the wisdom gained from advanced molecular biology course.

Lol mate well said...

VTCIE

Thu May 16, 2019 1:50 pm

BLR to receive the BA A350 as of 1 January 2020 with the new J seats. I believe it is its second A350 route. https://onemileatatime.com/british-airways-a350-routes

BTW, besides LH and SQ, which airlines operate the A350 to India?
In grieving remembrance of the thousands of people who lost their lives on ET-AVJ, PK-LQP, XA-UHZ, S2-AGU, CP-2933, SU-GCC, EI-ETJ, D-AIPX, PK-AXC, 9M-MRD, VT-AXV and above all 9M-MRO, besides many more. Your deaths are not in vain. Safety first, always.

adi00654

Thu May 16, 2019 3:09 pm

VTCIE wrote:
BLR to receive the BA A350 as of 1 January 2020 with the new J seats. I believe it is its second A350 route. https://onemileatatime.com/british-airways-a350-routes

Double whammy for BLR ...A35K BA and A359 regional SQ alone for BLR.
we can expect A350/787 from AF too as these birds are more fuel efficient more savings .

BA is upgauging Hyd to 789,weekly once 789 instead of 788 MAA and BLR new A35K.Good to see BLR getting A35k (first A35K for India).

Apart from BA,SQ ,QR operates A359 ATQ,ET uses on BOM.

binayak

Thu May 16, 2019 3:57 pm

VTCIE wrote:

Saw this on twitter yesterday and was delighted to see an Indian destination for the BA a35K .
Well BA will refit 2 77Ws with Club suites. Since BOM is the only Indian destination for BA 77W , what are the chances of BOM getting club suite fitted 77W ? I'll save my avios accordingly .
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today

aarbee

Thu May 16, 2019 6:04 pm

unrave wrote:
edealinfo wrote:

Apparently IndiGo will shut down soon given the rift between the promoters. That is the wisdom gained from advanced molecular biology course.
Edit: corrected typo

Is that because Indigo received 3 slots less than the "crony capitalistic" airline OR because that latter airline might shutdown OR be the ONLY airline in India after May23 ?
Love the AIXes

anshabhi

Thu May 16, 2019 6:21 pm

90% of employees at "crony capitalist" don't even think about slots.
They are surely taking more about the celebrities flying their new business product - something they never saw in economy only configuration

killswitch13

Fri May 17, 2019 6:01 am

Despite closed for reservation for all dates recently, Air India this week revised tentative date for Mumbai – New York JFK resumption to 03JUL19, instead of 02JUN19

TEMPO

Fri May 17, 2019 11:28 am

The Jet effect bringing an increase in capacity for DEL and BOM?

KLM updates from Airline Routes online website:

Amsterdam – Delhi 787-9 replaced by following aircraft
02SEP19 – 29SEP19 4 of 7 weekly operated by 777-200ER
30SEP19 – 26OCT19 3 of 7 weekly operated by 787-10

Amsterdam – Mumbai eff 26SEP19 Increase from 3 to 5 weekly.
From 29SEP19 to 21OCT19, 1 of 5 weekly operated by 787-10, replacing -9.

anshabhi

Fri May 17, 2019 12:52 pm

TEMPO wrote:
The Jet effect bringing an increase in capacity for DEL and BOM?

From carriers other than Jet? Yes.

As much as capacity lost with Jet? No.

anshabhi

Sat May 18, 2019 5:15 am

Anyone noticed the many cheeky ads on AI fb page recently:

https://facebook.com/Airindia

They deserve their praise for such out of the box strategies :white:

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos