aemoreira1981

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - May 2019

Thu May 23, 2019 9:38 am

TEMPO wrote:
Fallout from the Northern Pakistan airspace issue?
++++++++
Air Canada suspends Toronto – Delhi in June/July 2019

Air Canada in a recent schedule update filed service changes for the Toronto – Delhi route, as the airline temporary suspends this service from 15JUN19 to 31JUL19 (YYZ departure). This route is currently operated by Boeing 787-9 aircraft on a daily basis

The Star Alliance carrier will continue to operate the Vancouver – Delhi route during this period.
++++++++

From the Airline Routes website.

United is also suspending DEL as well. I’d expect the EWR-YVR flight to be full (currently on a B788/B789 mix) carrying connecting passengers to DEL as that provides connections within India. The return is trickier as the return flight misses that connection, although there is frequent service to Toronto.

BOM is still served by UA, but I doubt one can get connections at the arrival hour without staying overnight.

pushpakvimaan

Thu May 23, 2019 5:28 pm

Pakistan Airspace issue should be hopefully resolved. This cannot continue for long

behramjee

Thu May 23, 2019 5:35 pm

YouGeeElWhy

Thu May 23, 2019 6:16 pm

behramjee wrote:
Shocker. Just let the thing die and let's move on.

vadodara

Thu May 23, 2019 8:48 pm

avier wrote:
Spice would use their political leverage to impede any revival prospects. Afterall, the govt. has nothing to gain or lose from Jet coming back or not. So might as well favour an ally businessman. They might even resort to influence something where Jet slots will be lost for good soon, even if they rd)

NG can try a Mahagathbandhan with overseas airlines, investors and such.

Like politicians he will need some persuasive skills to fool some investors.

vadodara

Thu May 23, 2019 8:50 pm

lightsaber wrote:
vadodara wrote:
binayak wrote:
AI has officially shut JFK BOM citing low demand - what a filthy excuse! PDEW for NYC BOM is 400+ . !!
Why can't they just accept that their product is not at all competitive and they don't have enough corporate contracts to make this route work?

Not enough Class F seats perhaps?

Premium traffic drives a ULH route viability. It the high value J/F traffic isn't there, it doesn't matter how many under $2,000 Y fares there are. My opinion is premium traffic has other preferences.

Lightsaber

Correct! One way you improve the funnel is have spikes on both sides.

A) goes to prove BOM does not have enough
B) lack of connectivity at JFK/BOM does not help the cause

vadodara

Thu May 23, 2019 8:52 pm

binayak wrote:
vadodara wrote:
binayak wrote:
AI has officially shut JFK BOM citing low demand - what a filthy excuse! PDEW for NYC BOM is 400+ . !!
Why can't they just accept that their product is not at all competitive and they don't have enough corporate contracts to make this route work?

Sorry man , but don't worry STV/BDQ - EWR will soon happen to be a daily non stop 77W ! BOM will just have domestic flights . That's all.

Yep! These days even Uddhav and SS May support this!

airboss787

Thu May 23, 2019 11:03 pm

Any chance that Air India will order any 321NEOs to replace and complement the current 321CEOs?
Star Alliance Gold

voxkel

Fri May 24, 2019 12:22 am

vadodara wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
vadodara wrote:

Premium traffic drives a ULH route viability. It the high value J/F traffic isn't there, it doesn't matter how many under $2,000 Y fares there are. My opinion is premium traffic has other preferences.

Lightsaber

Correct! One way you improve the funnel is have spikes on both sides.

A) goes to prove BOM does not have enough
B) lack of connectivity at JFK/BOM does not help the cause

To be fair JFK BOM arrived at BOM around noon. Much earlier than the UA (and soon, DL) flight. Though, I suppose the Indian population is more OK with talking midnight domestic flights than the EU/US.

voxkel

Fri May 24, 2019 1:05 am

Also I was interested by the fact that AI routed the IAD instead of JFK though BOM. JFK routes via VIE. Is it that there is a good amount of BOM-IAD O/D demand that is now using AI103?

binayak

Fri May 24, 2019 2:20 am

voxkel wrote:
Also I was interested by the fact that AI routed the IAD instead of JFK though BOM. JFK routes via VIE. Is it that there is a good amount of BOM-IAD O/D demand that is now using AI103?

The flight isn't sold as BOM IAD non stop so I don't think they take any pax at BOM even if it is DEL BOM IAD.
For a BOM based pax, it will be BOM DEL BOM IAD!
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today

anshabhi

Fri May 24, 2019 2:23 am

airboss787 wrote:
Any chance that Air India will order any 321NEOs to replace and complement the current 321CEOs?

Average age for current A321s is 10 years with atleast 6 more years of life left. AI isn't interested in expansion so I guess we are a few years away from AI A321neo order

binayak

Fri May 24, 2019 2:26 am

vadodara wrote:
binayak wrote:
vadodara wrote:

Sorry man , but don't worry STV/BDQ - EWR will soon happen to be a daily non stop 77W ! BOM will just have domestic flights . That's all.

Unfortunately US airlines don't. Remember UA can start STV as they have open skies but they instead went for BOM.
So WWWAS chap, come out of your jalebi fafra!

anshabhi

Fri May 24, 2019 10:40 am

AI has hired a Gurgaon Rapid Metro Coach for DEL-IAD advertisement

Looks quite nice !!
https://www.facebook.com/AirIndia/posts ... %22O%22%7D

edealinfo

Fri May 24, 2019 12:59 pm

Vistara s fleet plans are in the link. This month they will get 4 ex Jet B737 with 6 more to follow in June plus 2 A320s in June

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.timesofi ... 483820.cms

edealinfo

Fri May 24, 2019 1:06 pm

Hindujas offer is for a minority stake only and requires banks to take an 80 percent haircut on 10k debt. As reasonable as this seems, I can visualize a MidDay headline of “Banks transfer 8,000 crores of public money to Hindujas, the richest family in UK”. You get the point

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomb ... et-airways

anshabhi

Fri May 24, 2019 1:54 pm

edealinfo wrote:
Vistara s fleet plans are in the link. This month they will get 4 ex Jet B737 with 6 more to follow in June plus 2 A320s in June

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.timesofi ... 483820.cms

They hired a bunch of ex-9W crew to deploy on B737 and they are nearing the end of their transition training. No existing UK crew has been trained for B737 and no ex-9W crew has been trained for A320 yet. Though I have been told such trainings will take place near November.

edealinfo wrote:
Hindujas offer is for a minority stake only and requires banks to take an 80 percent haircut on 10k debt. As reasonable as this seems, I can visualize a MidDay headline of “Banks transfer 8,000 crores of public money to Hindujas, the richest family in UK”. You get the point

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bloomb ... et-airways

1. The entire article is based on anonymous sources.

2. No responsible organisation would talk about taking a minority stake without having any knowledge of management or majority stake holders. Such stake is purely from investment point of view

edealinfo

Fri May 24, 2019 8:10 pm

What routes Will Vistara 737s be used on? At which City will they be based?

vadodara

Sat May 25, 2019 3:54 am

binayak wrote:
vadodara wrote:
binayak wrote:

Unfortunately US airlines don't. Remember UA can start STV as they have open skies but they instead went for BOM.
So WWWAS chap, come out of your jalebi fafra!

Not a WWWAS chap but Matondkar has gone to khandala.

So only BEST buses for you my friend.

anshabhi

Sat May 25, 2019 3:55 am

edealinfo wrote:
City: Only Delhi. Vistara has no other base than Delhi

binayak

Sat May 25, 2019 4:49 am

anshabhi wrote:
edealinfo wrote:

Currently its DEL only but you never know , maybe BLR/ BOM to fill up the void by 9W . A separate fleet type based out of a different city makes more sense than both the fleet types based out of same hub.

edealinfo

Sat May 25, 2019 2:45 pm

anshabhi wrote:
edealinfo wrote:

So, all their 22 A320s return to home base DEL for the night? Is that a correct interpretation?

anshabhi

Sat May 25, 2019 2:50 pm

edealinfo wrote:
anshabhi wrote:
edealinfo wrote:

So, all their 22 A320s return to home base DEL for the night? Is that a correct interpretation?

Yes. Also All of their crew is based in Delhi

Some ex-9W crew were BOM based and they are having to move to DEL cause of this

avier

Sat May 25, 2019 5:31 pm

anshabhi wrote:
edealinfo wrote:

Yes. Also All of their crew is based in Delhi

Incorrect. Their aircrafts are stationed at different bases for the night, hence they have early morning departures from each of the metros they operate out of.

@anshabhi- do some research on something so basic before posting and not always misinforming other users. Have caught you on this couple of times.

anshabhi

Sat May 25, 2019 5:37 pm

avier wrote:
@anshabhi- do some research on something so basic before posting and not always misinforming other users. Have caught you on this couple of times.

Sometimes I lack some pretty common sense. :cry:

vadodara

Sat May 25, 2019 7:12 pm

voxkel wrote:
[

To be fair JFK BOM arrived at BOM around noon. Much earlier than the UA (and soon, DL) flight. Though, I suppose the Indian population is more OK with talking midnight domestic flights than the EU/US.

UA has tremendous ability to funnel pax thru EWR not to mention NYC as the wealthiest catchment area.

May be matter of time UA starts a non-stop from SFO.

edealinfo

Sun May 26, 2019 5:11 pm

vadodara wrote:
voxkel wrote:
[

UA has tremendous ability to funnel pax thru EWR not to mention NYC as the wealthiest catchment area.

SFO to BLR would be a money spinner as business executives would pay a bundle for time saved. I wouldn't be surprised if an "all business" class aircraft generates average fares of $6K to $8K round trip.

sabby

Sun May 26, 2019 5:23 pm

edealinfo wrote:
vadodara wrote:
voxkel wrote:
[

SFO to BLR would be a money spinner as business executives would pay a bundle for time saved. I wouldn't be surprised if an "all business" class aircraft generates average fares of $6K to $8K round trip.

I think it would be able to command much more premium. Currently even the 1/2 stops have $6k-8k J fares 3 weeks out (except AI). The Y fare is around $2k. I'd venture Y fares and Y+ fares could command a significant premium too. I'd not predict as far as having an all J config though, most of the IT firms have Y only policy even for Directors. And this route won't be economically viable until the Pakistani airspace is open and the next gen engines around 2025 or so.

CaliguyNYC

Sun May 26, 2019 5:28 pm

edealinfo wrote:
vadodara wrote:
voxkel wrote:
[

I think what is stopping BLR-SFO is that not enough of the BLR based employees fly J class. SFO-TLV works because J class travel seems to be more normal for the companies based in TLV. I guess since BLR is more consultant/outsource focused, cost matters. But I am just going by what posters on a net that mentioned their company’s corp travel policies. Back in the day, I worked for an internet portal and they even let 24 year old junior employees fly J to BLR for employee exchanges. Times change. Btw, I would imagine the J class ticket purchased within 30 days of trial to be more like $8-$10k if UA had the flight.

lightsaber

Sun May 26, 2019 8:06 pm

SoiceJet now has a hundred aircraft. 23 within last month:

https://www.financialexpress.com/indust ... 9477/lite/

That is an amazing growth that isn't done yet.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

edealinfo

Sun May 26, 2019 9:10 pm

lightsaber wrote:

Lightsaber

Yeah, that just includes 20 of the 40 737 ex-Jet aircraft that they are taking on.

Spicejet/Ajay Singh is the New King in India's version of Game of Thrones in the aviation sector. They quickly added/are adding aircraft to capture the BOM and DEL Jet slots and they have their man as the PM for another 5 years. Their only obstacles in the throne war is Subramanium Swamy (SS) who is Indigo's most potent arrowhead. SS will lie low for now given the PM's resounding election victory.

edealinfo

Sun May 26, 2019 9:27 pm

lightsaber wrote:

Lightsaber

SpiceJet isn't the only airline making big moves. Vistara has received an investment of more than ₹4,000 crore over 12 months. My only recommendation would be for them to also take the options on the Airbus A320 (options for 7 planes) and B787 (options for 4 planes) from an order that they had placed last year.

https://www.livemint.com/companies/news ... 97682.html

NeBaNi

Sun May 26, 2019 10:32 pm

edealinfo wrote:
lightsaber wrote:

Lightsaber

Yeah, that just includes 20 of the 40 737 ex-Jet aircraft that they are taking on.

Spicejet/Ajay Singh is the New King in India's version of Game of Thrones in the aviation sector. They quickly added/are adding aircraft to capture the BOM and DEL Jet slots and they have their man as the PM for another 5 years. Their only obstacles in the throne war is Subramanium Swamy (SS) who is Indigo's most potent arrowhead. SS will lie low for now given the PM's resounding election victory.

Amazing growth, yes, but everyone seems to ignore/gloss over the fact that SpiceJet also has 13 grounded MAXes. So 13 of those 23 new additions are just to offset capacity losses from the MAX grounding. Nothing against SpiceJet's remarkable growth, but just adding another perspective.

edealinfo

Sun May 26, 2019 11:52 pm

NeBaNi wrote:
Amazing growth, yes, but everyone seems to ignore/gloss over the fact that SpiceJet also has 13 grounded MAXes. So 13 of those 23 new additions are just to offset capacity losses from the MAX grounding. Nothing against SpiceJet's remarkable growth, but just adding another perspective.

This perspective will work for just another month or two at most. Then, the grounded 13 737 MAX will come back on in an instant, and there will be regular new 737 MAX to add to SpiceJet's kitty.

You have to give credit to Ajay Singh. Frankly, I didn't know he was THIS smart. He saw an opportunity and quickly grabbed it. Vistara could have done what Spicejet but they hemmed and hewed, and then it was too late. By then, SpiceJet had picked up all the lucrative lease ex-Jet planes leaving Vistara licking its wounds, and only the scraps. Note that Vistara had already studied Jet in Oct 2018, so they were best placed to move in quickly when Jet fell. But, they stumbled.

Ajay Singh should also be giving credit for recognizing the importance of BOM slots. He know that BOM slots trump everything at this point in time and that's why moving swiftly MATTERS! Being late in the game is for losers.

lightsaber

Mon May 27, 2019 2:57 am

edealinfo wrote:
NeBaNi wrote:

This perspective will work for just another month or two at most. Then, the grounded 13 737 MAX will come back on in an instant, and there will be regular new 737 MAX to add to SpiceJet's kitty.

You have to give credit to Ajay Singh. Frankly, I didn't know he was THIS smart. He saw an opportunity and quickly grabbed it. Vistara could have done what Spicejet but they hemmed and hewed, and then it was too late. By then, SpiceJet had picked up all the lucrative lease ex-Jet planes leaving Vistara licking its wounds, and only the scraps. Note that Vistara had already studied Jet in Oct 2018, so they were best placed to move in quickly when Jet fell. But, they stumbled.

Ajay Singh should also be giving credit for recognizing the importance of BOM slots. He know that BOM slots trump everything at this point in time and that's why moving swiftly MATTERS! Being late in the game is for losers.

Is SpiceJet hiring enough pilots to bring the MAXes online? For there will be a slingshot effect when the MAX grounding is lifted.

So SpiceJet is growing very fast. A growth likely to last all summer.

Kudos for moving fast. The best slots were grabbed early. Kudos for seizing the 736NG opportunity, making the most of idled 737 pilots due to the MAX grounding, and negotiating for ex 9W 737ngs.

My only concern is how to crew those 13 MAX when the time comes. They'll need technicians too.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

edealinfo

Mon May 27, 2019 3:12 am

lightsaber wrote:

My only concern is how to crew those 13 MAX when the time comes. They'll need technicians too.

Lightsaber

Aren't they a dime a dozen at this time specifically? [Ex-Jet pilots and staff]. The former Jet 737 pilots could presumably be trained on the MAX which I belive is not much of a deal anyway (the 2 MAX crashes, notwithstanding).

edealinfo

Mon May 27, 2019 3:15 am

As I had predicted (and which blrsea previously assumed as juvenile speculation and conspiracy theory) , Air India is to be put on the block with the Government selling 100% of its shares...

https://www.cnbctv18.com/aviation/gover ... 478631.htm

blrsea

Mon May 27, 2019 5:02 am

People have done lots of "predictions" by getting super excited on news reports and shouting from rooftops and posting in kindergarten-ish colorful bold letters :D. They did it for every report in Jet Airways saga too most of which were just junk reports! But what is there to predict when news reports since the past failed attempt to privatise AI has talked about various options to put it on the block again? This is one more attempt for Air India, and given how things move in India this might drag on for couple of years, and thats in the best case! CT theories were more about coming up with fanciful theories and political commentary along with juvenile name calling which had no basis in facts.

anshabhi

Mon May 27, 2019 7:48 am

edealinfo wrote:
NeBaNi wrote:

Believe me Ajay Singh doesn't do all the work by himself. SG has quite a dedicated staff who are the lifeline of the airline

Sadly though the company didn't throw up any party for either 14th anniversary or 100th aircraft milestone

avier

Mon May 27, 2019 8:19 am

anshabhi wrote:
Sadly though the company didn't throw up any party for either 14th anniversary or 100th aircraft milestone

Could be because they currently operating just about 87, with the rest being the MAX groundings. Hence they wouldn't want to rejoice yet. Maybe once they have 100+ aircraft operational, they'll celebrate on that.

CaliguyNYC

Mon May 27, 2019 11:36 am

edealinfo wrote:
NeBaNi wrote:

I don’t know if I am willing to give him credit. I feel like he knew the GOI would support him, so he took risks that everyone other airline balked at. The others felt why do short term leases if you could only lose everything to Jet 2.0. Spice knew Jet 2.0 would never happen. That is the only thing that explains why the others waited so long. Look at long haul, why hasn’t Vistara stepped in and started long haul? They could have just stepped right into Jet’s EU flights. I am sure DL, KL, AF, VS would have loved that. Even the LHR slots could have been handled through VS. Vistara would have had the revenue from DL/AF/KL/VS’s already sold tickets to india. They could have leased the Jet wide bodies or taken SQ’s old planes. But have done nothing. It is almost like the other airlines knew Spice was going to get to go first, then AI and then they can fight it out. I don’t think it is because Ajay is brilliant and the others are stupid. That is just spin on Anet (and boy there is a lot of spin here). Btw so far Jet’s long haul capacity has mostly gone to foreign airlines so once agin Indian market share goes down. HKG, SIN and DXB have only been saved because of the bilateral limitations. But in the end, business travelers are going to mostly move to foreign airlines. I mean which business person of any senior level would pass up a flatbed BOM-HKG on CX for a 737 Spice flight - none. As I mentioned even non aviation family friends posted on Facebook about Ajay and Modi’s connections. This is an open secret and Spice’s ad pausing modi is another sign. Crony capitalism never works. It killed Jet and it will hurt Spice (unless they use this gift and really build a solid airline).

edealinfo

Mon May 27, 2019 11:49 am

anshabhi wrote:

Believe me Ajay Singh doesn't do all the work by himself. SG has quite a dedicated staff who are the lifeline of the airline

Agree 100%. But he does the final sign off and as the largest (and significant) shareholder, it is his money at play. In the end, he gets literally all the credit (publicity and money) while those who worked their backsides off, just collect their salaries. This is capitalism. If it were socialism, it would be like Air India, and all the employees, as taxpayers, would have to pay (extra in taxes) to keep it afloat.

edealinfo

Mon May 27, 2019 12:02 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
NeBaNi wrote:

I don’t know if I am willing to give him credit. I feel like he knew the GOI would support him, so he took risks that everyone other airline balked at. The others felt why do short term leases if you could only lose everything to Jet 2.0. Spice knew Jet 2.0 would never happen. That is the only thing that explains why the others waited so long. Look at long haul, why hasn’t Vistara stepped in and started long haul? They could have just stepped right into Jet’s EU flights. I am sure DL, KL, AF, VS would have loved that. Even the LHR slots could have been handled through VS. Vistara would have had the revenue from DL/AF/KL/VS’s already sold tickets to india. They could have leased the Jet wide bodies or taken SQ’s old planes. But have done nothing. It is almost like the other airlines knew Spice was going to get to go first, then AI and then they can fight it out. I don’t think it is because Ajay is brilliant and the others are stupid. That is just spin on Anet (and boy there is a lot of spin here). Btw so far Jet’s long haul capacity has mostly gone to foreign airlines so once agin Indian market share goes down. HKG, SIN and DXB have only been saved because of the bilateral limitations. But in the end, business travelers are going to mostly move to foreign airlines. I mean which business person of any senior level would pass up a flatbed BOM-HKG on CX for a 737 Spice flight - none. As I mentioned even non aviation family friends posted on Facebook about Ajay and Modi’s connections. This is an open secret and Spice’s ad pausing modi is another sign. Crony capitalism never works. It killed Jet and it will hurt Spice (unless they use this gift and really build a solid airline).

You make good points.

1. Agree that it was not all Ajay Singh's brilliance. It was also largely his political connections on which he could count to make such a large bet. But, he played his cards right and make the decisions that count.

2. Tables will turn. It is only a matter of time. Don't you think Rahul G isn't biding his time? He turned on Ani Ambani even though Anil and his family has supported the Congress for years all because Anil supported Modi during a critical time -- post Gujarat riots. If Congress ever gets back to power, what happened to NG will happen to Ajay. investigations etc., will be mounted and who knows, theatrics may also be employed.....pull a person off a plane.....I mean that generates a lot of publicity in favor of the party that does the arrest (like they are going at great lengths to catch bad guys).

3. It seems like there will always be crony capitalism in India's aviation as long as each Indian aviation company views their Indian competitor as the competitive enemy. That's why there isn't a single airline trade association comprising all Indian airlines. Every wondered why? They work at cross purposes instead of acting with one voice. (Advantage: the foreign airlines).

lightsaber

Mon May 27, 2019 2:06 pm

edealinfo wrote:
lightsaber wrote:

Lightsaber

Aren't they a dime a dozen at this time specifically? [Ex-Jet pilots and staff]. The former Jet 737 pilots could presumably be trained on the MAX which I belive is not much of a deal anyway (the 2 MAX crashes, notwithstanding).

It takes time to hire and induct staff. Many of the Jet staff are still unwilling to accept the market salaries.

Has SpiceJet started the hiring process on enough crew to restart the MAXes? It takes weeks to retrain crew.

At the rate of growth, we'll see India return to pilot shortage. Now, the time of elevated fares, is when to hire and train.

Expanding that quickly on the opportunity took vision. Kudos to SpiceJet. They took their natural advantages and did far more than anyone expected.

Lightsaber

pushpakvimaan

Mon May 27, 2019 2:44 pm

Air India is looking to possibly restart Toronto or Los Angeles, once all the grounded planes are repaired. News article mentioned expected restart of these planes by September
Looking forward to Lohani's leadership in Air India. Hope he improves the airline
https://www.hindustantimes.com/mumbai-n ... eBoaO.html

anshabhi

Mon May 27, 2019 2:48 pm

Strange sounding results from IndiGo!!

India’s largest airline IndiGo on Monday said net profit for the March quarter rose 401.17% from a year ago as the airline flew more passengers and registered higher yields. However, on an annual basis, Indigo's profit for 2018-19 was down 93%.

https://www.livemint.com/companies/comp ... 10358.html

However great that they were ultimately able to pull off a profitable year in a very tough environment while continuing rapid growth

CaliguyNYC

Mon May 27, 2019 3:10 pm

pushpakvimaan wrote:
Air India is looking to possibly restart Toronto or Los Angeles, once all the grounded planes are repaired. News article mentioned expected restart of these planes by September
Looking forward to Lohani's leadership in Air India. Hope he improves the airline

I think they should start LA. They seem to offer the most time savings from the west coast which seems to be giving people incentive to fly them. AC already flies nonstop to DEL and the YYZ market has historically not had the premium demand to Inida like US destinations. That said, when are they going to refresh J class on their 777 and rip out first class.

vadodara

Mon May 27, 2019 3:27 pm

V interesting that the NG fan club wants to make Spice Jet into another Jet Airways.

Presumably Singh can count better than Goyal and perhaps is less infatuated with the Class F service

airboss787

Mon May 27, 2019 3:39 pm

pushpakvimaan wrote:

The article doesn't really mention service to Toronto or Los Angeles. Where did you get that from?
Star Alliance Gold

edealinfo

Mon May 27, 2019 5:13 pm

pushpakvimaan wrote:

And don't forget this is the same Lohani that said Air India would take of 5 of Jet's 777 and fly them to London, only to later learn that Jet didn't also own the LHR slots. Instead of owning up to his mistake like a man, he got his engineers to state that Air India's change of heart was because of the poor state of Jet's aircraft!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos