Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

Phosphorus

Re: Thomas Cook Bankruptcy Discussion Thread

Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:31 pm

ei146 wrote:
Phosphorus wrote:

What you describe I know as "Nötigung" (coercion). Under German law (and probably many others) this is a crime. Just imagine your neighbour wants his broken window paid, that your kids broke playing ball. Now to make you pay faster he blocks your garage with his own car.
The only way the aiports can legally block an aircraft is if they have some legal paperwork themselfs.
Things become interesting if there are contradicting documents from both sides...

Possibly. But aviation is not necessarily always subject to local laws first. I wouldn't be surprised if treaties take precedence. Plus high-security nature of airport premises make the practical part difficult too, not just the legal constructs.

And yes, I really wonder how exactly would you prove "Nötigung", when airport authority parks their snowplow on their property. And who would be investigating, if you try to press the charges? You wouldn't expect regular police showing up at the airport, would you? Not that they would be allowed on property, without full cavity search, if the airport would want to be really anal (pun intended) about this. But what would be the findings? That disputed property is on airport-owned parking lot, and it's not the only vehicle parked there? And yeah, they would have to learn airport operating manuals, to find if any rules are being broken. (And if an airport issues a rule modification, to make sure the situation on the ground is compliant with regulations -- what will you do? Press charges for conspiracy?)

And if the investigation is in the hands of airport security -- these folks have full understanding of legal and financial implications of "the ship has sailed" doctrine -- once it's gone, you can kiss the debts goodbye. I don't think they would do silly things like release the delinquent airframe simply because aesthetics of an airplane, surrounded by snowplows, are not entirely to the liking of salivating repossession crew.
AN4 A40 L4T TU3 TU5 IL6 ILW I93 F50 F70 100 146 ARJ AT7 DH4 L10 CRJ ERJ E90 E95 DC-9 MD-8X YK4 YK2 SF3 S20 319 320 321 332 333 343 346 722 732 733 734 735 73G 738 739 744 74M 757 767 777
Ceterum autem censeo, Moscovia esse delendam

ltbewr

Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:28 pm

I am quite sure commercial airports in the USA, EU and other countries have strict legal procedures as to the seizure and removal including by its ts owner or owner in interest (like a bank) who loaned money on it as well by the court supervising the receivership/bankruptcy of the airliner operator long before the pilots to remove the aircraft get to airside. The seizing party would also likely have to pre-pay some parking fees, takeoff fees to leave the airport.

jetsky

Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:41 pm

NG263 wrote:
Just this morning there is an article in the German newspaper FAZ concerning Condor's financial results. Unfortunately this is only in the printed version, I did not find it online so far.

EBIT of the last 10 years (operational profit):

2008: €57m
2009: €55m
2010: €61m
2011: €68m
2012: €45m
2013: €57m
2014: €62m
2015: €67m
2016: -€17m (only year with a loss in the last 10 years, connected to the Turkey Crisis)
2017: €10m
2018: €43m

Does anyone have some figures for TC Airlines UK & Scandinavia? Would like to see how this would compare.

These numbers about Condor's annual profit are very different from the ones spiegel.de posted:
https://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/unter ... 52195.html

According to this article between 2016/17 and 2010/11 Condor posted losses in 4 years,and made profits in 3years, but overall lost 118mio over the course of these 7 years.

This is weird,but the reason for the disparity is probably that different accounting methods are being used. As stated in the article in der spiegel, if the accounting method of IFRS is being used,Condor has been profitable in every year except in 2016,which matches your numbers.
But if the standard german accounting method accoring to the HGB is being used,Condor lost 132,4mio in 6years.

So it cannot be clearly said that Condor is overall profitable,it depends on the accounting method. If I recall correctly, hgb should make it harder to hide losses than ifrs(e.g. due to things like Vorsichtsprinzip,Niederstwertprinzip).

juliuswong

Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:42 am

CarbonFibre wrote:
JannEejit wrote:

One of the three A321's at GLA was transponding yesterday briefly, alleged to be being prepped for departure next week. The A330 there was moved to a Northside remote space in order to let Hifly's A380 park on stand 37. I'm advised by an airfield ops manager, the three A321's will depart in the coming days.

The three A321s are parked by the control tower and blocked in by a snow plough!

Source: https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/4 ... ty-travel/
- Life is a journey, travel it well -

RyanairGuru

Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:19 am

juliuswong wrote:

Are you thinking what I'm thinking B1? I think I am B2!
[Attempts to test the A321's all-terrain capabilities]
Worked Hard, Flew Right

GRJGeorge

Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:24 am

Would it be possible for BA to increase their seasonal LGW-CPT service? The TCX service to CPT was probably much more reliant on normal seat-basis O&D demand, instead of packaged trips?

Finn350

Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:32 am

juliuswong wrote:
CarbonFibre wrote:
JannEejit wrote:

One of the three A321's at GLA was transponding yesterday briefly, alleged to be being prepped for departure next week. The A330 there was moved to a Northside remote space in order to let Hifly's A380 park on stand 37. I'm advised by an airfield ops manager, the three A321's will depart in the coming days.

The three A321s are parked by the control tower and blocked in by a snow plough!

Those plane probably have unpaid airport fees, and in the the lessor has to pay the fees to get the planes out of the airport.

BealineV953

Re: Thomas Cook Airlines Selling Discussion Thread

Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:53 am

MIflyer12 wrote:
BealineV953 wrote:
Exchange rate restrictions:
In July 1966 the UK Government imposed a £50 ‘travel allowance’ limit for British citizens. For travel, UK citizens could exchange only £50 into foreign currency. Back then £50 went a lot further than it does today (£50 then is worth more than £900 today) but it may not have been enough to cover all the costs of a two week family holiday.

When the exchange rate limit was introduced, holiday makers were able to side-step the restriction by paying their Tour Operator in the UK in Sterling.

That's an interesting - and valid - point but the UK lifted currency restrictions in 1979.

You’re correct; the UK 'Foreign Travel Allowance' was abolished in 1979.
So, from mid-1966 to late 1979, by booking an IT (Inclusive Tour) package, UK holiday makers were able to side-step the exchange rate restrictions, making it easier for them to take overseas holidays.
The mid-60s to the end of the 70s was a period of significant growth in the ex-UK IT holiday market.
Ever since childhood, when I lived within sight of London Airport, I have seldom seen a plane go by and not wished I was on it.”
With apologies to Paul Theroux - ‘The Great Railway Bazaar’

Andy33

Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:20 pm

Phosphorus wrote:
You wouldn't expect regular police showing up at the airport, would you?

And if the investigation is in the hands of airport security -- these folks have full understanding of legal and financial implications of "the ship has sailed" doctrine -- once it's gone, you can kiss the debts goodbye. I don't think they would do silly things like release the delinquent airframe simply because aesthetics of an airplane, surrounded by snowplows, are not entirely to the liking of salivating repossession crew.

In Britain all airport policing is in the hands of the police force in whose area the airport lies. There isn't a separate airport police force anywhere. So any request for police to attend at Glasgow airport would be made to Police Scotland, who would no doubt pass it to one of the team of officers already on duty at the airport, whose remit includes also terrorism, drunken passengers, drunken pilots, thefts of baggage or cargo, shoplifting, and many many other things.
"My plane has been blocked in by a snowplough" is likely to have much the same police priority as "my car has been blocked in in the car park".
Airport security can only investigate the contents of passengers baggage, they have no legal powers to investigate alleged crimes at all.

JannEejit

Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:38 pm

Finn350 wrote:
juliuswong wrote:
CarbonFibre wrote:

Those plane probably have unpaid airport fees, and in the the lessor has to pay the fees to get the planes out of the airport.

Yes that's the reason, same as all the others too.

gunnerman

Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:42 pm

ei146 wrote:
Phosphorus wrote:

What you describe I know as "Nötigung" (coercion). Under German law (and probably many others) this is a crime. Just imagine your neighbour wants his broken window paid, that your kids broke playing ball. Now to make you pay faster he blocks your garage with his own car.
The only way the aiports can legally block an aircraft is if they have some legal paperwork themselfs.
Things become interesting if there are contradicting documents from both sides...

If your aircraft has been seized and you disagree with this, then you go to court and get an order for its release although you'll almost certainly have to pay outstanding charges. If you try and grab back the aircraft without proper paperwork you'll be in all sorts of trouble. For one thing every airport is touchy about people getting airside without a pass or with a pass but doing things they aren't supposed to be doing. And even if you're airside you still need stairs to get access to the door, someone to remove any obstructions, tow the aircraft away, pilot it. And ATC won't like what you're doing either.

readytotaxi

Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:55 pm

Passengers who paid by Direct Debet will be refunded in 14days, other forms of payment up to 60 days, not a level playing field.
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.

ei146

Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:21 pm

gunnerman wrote:
If your aircraft has been seized and you disagree with this, then you go to court and get an order for its release although you'll almost certainly have to pay outstanding charges. If you try and grab back the aircraft without proper paperwork you'll be in all sorts of trouble. For one thing every airport is touchy about people getting airside without a pass or with a pass but doing things they aren't supposed to be doing. And even if you're airside you still need stairs to get access to the door, someone to remove any obstructions, tow the aircraft away, pilot it. And ATC won't like what you're doing either.

I don't know how this works in the UK. But this is how I know it from Germany (very much simplified): Once you open the bankruptcy proceedings the insolvent company and other creditors are protected from such Wild West style methods. Seizures become illegal, even if you have a warrant. Just because one asset of the bankrupt company happens to be parked on the airport premisses the airport agency does not have better access to the remaining funds, e.g will not get priority. They will have to queue like any other creditor and will be paid according to the legal order (if any funds are left of course). The administrator will not even be allowed to pay to free a plane, as he is not allowed to prefer one creditor. So blocking a plane is useless.
Fees originating from activities during the proceedings will be paid though.

lee757

Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:23 pm

readytotaxi wrote:
Passengers who paid by Direct Debet will be refunded in 14days, other forms of payment up to 60 days, not a level playing field.

Anyone that's paid by direct debit and is now not reclaiming through direct debit guarantee is mad. That entitles you to a full and immediate refund if there is an error made. And how are they going to know if an error was made - its not like anyone from cooks will be able to argue it.

Nobody to keep Tui honest now.

KlimaBXsst

Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:42 pm

Will the TUI group have any interest in m&a interests of the surviving Thomas Cook Airlines?
Aesthetically the A 340 got it right!

Andy33

Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:42 pm

lee757 wrote:
And how are they going to know if an error was made - its not like anyone from cooks will be able to argue it.

You mean apart from the (admittedly fairly small) number of Thomas Cook office staff who are now being paid by the liquidators to help wind things up, of course.

egnr

Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:27 pm

G-TCDC just departed Manchester and looks like G-TCDE will follow it out. No destination specified on FR24 for either aircraft and both aircraft appear to be using their registrations as their callsigns.

EDIT:G-TCXD also departed Manchester earlier. Looks like they are all heading for Ireland - Shannon?
7late7, A3latey, Sukhoi Superlate... what's going on?

lee757

Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:38 pm

Andy33 wrote:
lee757 wrote:
And how are they going to know if an error was made - it's not like anyone from cooks will be able to argue it.

You mean apart from the (admittedly fairly small) number of Thomas Cook office staff who are now being paid by the liquidators to help wind things up, of course.

Unfortunately by the time the banks get round to asking the questions, they'll be long gone - which is a massive shame (cooks is a huge loss to the industry, mainly because of a lot of their knowledgeable & dedicated staff -I 'm astounded many have still been helping their customers unpaid - what an absolute credit to themselves and cooks).

But good luck to any customer that does do that - they now owe liquidators bugger all and may as well try and do everything they can to get whatever they're owed back -ahead of priority creditors - which doesn't seem to be staff.

nmcalba

Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:04 pm

ei146 wrote:
gunnerman wrote:

I don't know how this works in the UK. But this is how I know it from Germany (very much simplified): Once you open the bankruptcy proceedings the insolvent company and other creditors are protected from such Wild West style methods. Seizures become illegal, even if you have a warrant. Just because one asset of the bankrupt company happens to be parked on the airport premisses the airport agency does not have better access to the remaining funds, e.g will not get priority. They will have to queue like any other creditor and will be paid according to the legal order (if any funds are left of course). The administrator will not even be allowed to pay to free a plane, as he is not allowed to prefer one creditor. So blocking a plane is useless.
Fees originating from activities during the proceedings will be paid though.

It's not "Wild West style methods" or coercion and its not really anything to do with standard insolvency/bankruptcy procedures.
The aircraft blocked in by the snow plough will have been detained under section 88 of the 1982 Civil Aviation Act - this specifically allows airports to detain aircraft for unpaid airport charges - even if the charges were incurred by a previous owner/operator. The aircraft will be released if the owner challenges the charges in court but only when they put up sufficient security for the charges. If nothing is paid within 56 days then the airport can apply to the courts to sell the aircraft.
In practice as soon as the lessors decide what they want to do with the aircraft they will either pay the outstanding charges or put up security for them and the aircraft will be released - the lessor could then try and recover the money from the administrator as an unsecured creditor - but its more likely they just eat it - accepting it as one of the costs of doing business. The charges are unlikely to be very large compared to the value of the aircraft - but from the point of view of the airport why accept even a couple of thousand pounds of loss when there is a simple procedure to get their money back - after all they wont be needing the snowploughs for a couple of months anyway.

bennett123

Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:21 pm

egnr

Now all three at SNN.

bennett123

Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:24 pm

lee757

Do you mean Debit Card payment or Direct Debits.

I think probably the former.

gunnerman

Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:44 am

readytotaxi wrote:

Those who paid by direct debit will get refunded within two weeks direct to their bank accounts, but refunds for other forms of payments will take longer as the CAA does not yet have all of the information they need from Thomas Cook.

ei146

Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:43 am

nmcalba wrote:
The aircraft blocked in by the snow plough will have been detained under section 88 of the 1982 Civil Aviation Act - this specifically allows airports to detain aircraft for unpaid airport charges - even if the charges were incurred by a previous owner/operator.

Thanks for the explanation and really nice to know. Very different legal system then.
So an aicraft lessor can be made responsible for the actions of the lessee. Probably this must be considered when calculating the leasing rates.

DeltaB717

Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:18 am

ei146 wrote:
nmcalba wrote:
The aircraft blocked in by the snow plough will have been detained under section 88 of the 1982 Civil Aviation Act - this specifically allows airports to detain aircraft for unpaid airport charges - even if the charges were incurred by a previous owner/operator.

Thanks for the explanation and really nice to know. Very different legal system then.
So an aicraft lessor can be made responsible for the actions of the lessee. Probably this must be considered when calculating the leasing rates.

It's actually a fairly common occurrence in these situations - it happens in Australia, it's happened in France, the UK. In fact, in many cases it is the lessor who will have detained the aircraft, not the airport operator - there are media articles to that effect from the hours leading up to Thomas Cook officially ceasing operations. I know only too well of an instance in Australia in which the various lessors (for airframes and engines, in that case) contracted the relevant airport operators to detain aircraft so that the lessee could not move them. They then remain detained until the lessors are able to make arrangements for them (somewhere to store them more permanently, crew to fly them, a company under whose AOC they can be flown, etc.). Had it been the middle of winter in the UK when Thomas Cook shut down you might find there would be nothing physically detaining the aircraft (other than seals on the doors), but as snow blowers and the like aren't in great need at the moment they may as well be left where they are.

Boeing74741R

Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:44 am

gunnerman wrote:
readytotaxi wrote:

Those who paid by direct debit will get refunded within two weeks direct to their bank accounts, but refunds for other forms of payments will take longer as the CAA does not yet have all of the information they need from Thomas Cook.

Lots of useful information here...

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/ ... -funding-/

Stickpusher

Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:09 am

DrPaul wrote:
As I write there is a Malaysian Airlines A380, 9M-MNF, northbound over the Midlands on a Palma da Mallorca to Manchester flight. Presumably this is a Thomas Cook emergency return trip.

Yep, along with 9H-MIP they are getting around quite a lot at the moment. There are TCX-liveried A320s and A321s still in the air too, the Lithuanian-registered leases that are now operating for Titan. Filtering FR24 for AWC and HFY (and others, including Eastern Airlines 767s) shows just how big a lift Operation Matterhorn was and is. Mind you, there was plenty of time to set up the contingency plans, even so it is quite impressive to see a plan work for once! :)

What gets my particular admiration is that capacity was obviously factored in per destination and the consolidation of trips has been by all accounts pretty well executed, although people have obviously had to wait if they're on a consolidated flight.

Very sad that TCX was unable to save itself, but government intervention would have set up a very unhealthy precedent - making it harder to justify not helping out other ailing carriers down the line (or rescuing TCX every few years), and perhaps encouraging some operators to rely on state assistance being there.

JannEejit

Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:04 pm

egnr wrote:
G-TCDC just departed Manchester and looks like G-TCDE will follow it out. No destination specified on FR24 for either aircraft and both aircraft appear to be using their registrations as their callsigns.

EDIT:G-TCXD also departed Manchester earlier. Looks like they are all heading for Ireland - Shannon?

I'm hearing noises suggesting one or two of the three A321's impounded at GLA will depart to SNN this evening around 8pm local time.

bennett123

Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:02 pm

G-TCDH is showing a signal on FR24.

bennett123

Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:07 pm

Now over PIK heading SSW.

bennett123

Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:20 pm

I think it is next stop SNN.

GCT64

Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:30 pm

I think all three A321s at or that were at GLA are due to go to SNN.
G-TCDO from LGW is apparently due to go to KUN.
Flown in: A20N,A21N,A30B,A306,A310,A319,A320,A321,A332,A333,A343,A346,A359,A388,BA11,BU31,(..56 more types..),VC10,WESX

Cafe5150

Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:26 pm

What's the reason for Shannon?

McG1967

Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:40 pm

The leasing company who own the aircraft will have a list of preferred maintenance companies and locations which they want to use following the repossession of the aircraft, and to prepare it for its next lease. They'll probably choose the one that can accommodate them at the earliest opportunity.

Andy33

Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:40 am

SNN has lots of room, low aircraft parking charges, good mx and paint facilities, and (although I haven't checked on these specific frames) Ireland is a centre for the plane-leasing industry. Companies may well find it easier to make arrangements for preparing the planes for their next lease in their home country. It is also conveniently close to the UK airports the TCX planes ended up at, so there's little cost in moving them there.
On the negative side, Ireland has a cool damp climate which isn't ideal for long term plane storage (so does the UK of course) but A321s are unlikely to hang around for long enough for this to matter much.

xijiayu

Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:36 pm

BBC reports on MH A380 used for repatriation flight and there were some lucky passengers on business class seats

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-499026 ... irbus-a380

VS4ever

Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:19 pm

when i left BHX on Sunday, they had 3 TCX 321's parked in remote stands 73,74 and 75, blocked by 2 vehicles and a bus respectively, I've seen a lot of chatter about the GLA ones, but does anyone know if the BHX ones have departed yet and where to?, although i am going to assume SNN if they have.
That feeling when you sit at the end of a runway, brakes are released and the raw power takes over. Now that is a thing of beauty and it never gets old.

leghorn

Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:28 pm

https://samchui.com/2019/10/02/ryanair- ... ZTAt0YzZaQ
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... as-461196/

Ryanair looking at Thomas Cook planes for lease.

I can only assume they want them for a few seasons as M O'L has previously described the fleet as a dog.
They probably want Lauda to grow quickly and then drop the Lessor when they agree purchase of new planes. I don't think the Lessors will mind too much if it means their planes aren't idle.

bennett123

Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:06 pm

AFAIK, MT is mostly A321. The only A320 are the 3 on wet lease from the Baltic States.

JannEejit

Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:37 pm

The remaining two 'GLA' A321's departed to Shannon earlier this afternoon. The A330 remains parked Northside.

JannEejit

Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:17 pm

I took a picture of G-TCXC at GLA earlier, the snow plough blocking it appears to have been moved now, indicating a possible imminent departure ?

Andy33

Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:30 pm

JannEejit wrote:
I took a picture of G-TCXC at GLA earlier, the snow plough blocking it appears to have been moved now, indicating a possible imminent departure ?

Or a belief that the severe weather forecast for the west coast of the UK and Ireland will include snow? :smile:

Cafe5150

Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:12 pm

I noticed a Thomas Cook shop still open today. Is that odd?

WingsOfLove

Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:14 pm

xijiayu wrote:
BBC reports on MH A380 used for repatriation flight and there were some lucky passengers on business class seats

Great piece from The Points Guy

https://thepointsguy.com/news/on-thomas ... on-flight/

B757236GT

Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:21 pm

I note the A380 has headed back to Malaysia so i assume its work is now done. We did see a Miami Air 737 into BRS this afternoon which was a little more unusual. I believe the two proper TCX A321s are still there to with one being a Monarch Cook liveried one G-TCVC? But i don't believe they are blocked in or didn't seem to be anyway a few days ago.

OA260

Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:27 pm

Cafe5150 wrote:
I noticed a Thomas Cook shop still open today. Is that odd?

They are clearing them out. I saw security cashing up the Bureau De Change in one last week.

JannEejit

Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:51 pm

Andy33 wrote:
JannEejit wrote:

Or a belief that the severe weather forecast for the west coast of the UK and Ireland will include snow? :smile:

Ha yes, snow was mentioned as a possibility in the forecast earlier !

Widger

Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:10 pm

Long time lurker here both before the Monarch collapse and this time round in the build up to Thomas Cook. I have registered so I can share with you this link which you may all find interesting. I recall it was the Malaysian A380 9MMNF that was the clear indication this time.
https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/ne ... 43771.html

juliuswong

Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:44 am

Skyliner-aviation.de is now reporting some of MT A321 heading to maintenance base of lessors:
A321-211 1238 G-DHJH Thomas Cook Airlines ferried 06oct19 MAN-QLA on return to lessor ex D-AVZL
A321-211 1250 G-NIKO Thomas Cook Airlines ferried 03oct19 LGW-QLA on return to lessor ex D-AVZF
A321-211 6038 G-TCDD Thomas Cook Airlines ferried 02oct19 GLA-SNN on return to lessor (+ 6122 G-TCDG, + 6515 G-TCDH 01oct19) ex D-AVZO
A321-211 6114 G-TCDF Thomas Cook Airlines ferried 03oct19 BFS-SNN on return to lessor ex D-AVXD
A321-211 6376 G-TCDP Thomas Cook Airlines ferried 04oct19 NCL-SNN on return to lessor ex D-AIAE
A321-211 7003 G-TCDM Thomas Cook Airlines ferried 03oct19 MAN-KUN on return to lessor ex C-GTXF
A321-211 7055 G-TCDO Thomas Cook Airlines ferried 02oct19 LGW-KUN on return to lessor ex C-GTXO
Source: https://www.skyliner-aviation.de/regdb. ... av4&page=1
- Life is a journey, travel it well -

OA260

Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:52 am

Widger wrote:
Long time lurker here both before the Monarch collapse and this time round in the build up to Thomas Cook. I have registered so I can share with you this link which you may all find interesting. I recall it was the Malaysian A380 9MMNF that was the clear indication this time.
https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/ne ... 43771.html

Thanks for the link. Indeed it was the A380 that alerted everyone.

Interesting comment :

“The data we received from the company was not as we would like it, which gave us extra difficulties. It’s the worst I’ve seen for a company of this size.”

Channel 4 had a program on last night about the TC collapse. Can be watched on playback

www.channel4.com/programmes/thomas-cook ... avel-agent

JannEejit

Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:07 am

For me it was an Eastern 767 slowly winding it's way down the Scottish west coast over my town, from Miami to Shannon that stood out as the unusual movement. That in itself had me watching for GLA inbound TCX flights on FR24 that evening to see what might transpire ? As mentioned up thread, three A321 and one A330 arriving after midnight on Sunday night were directed to remote stands by ATC upon arrival, and that as they say, was that.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos