Coal
Topic Author

What will SQ replace its 773As on the CGK and MNL routes?

Fri May 03, 2019 2:19 am

SQ still has a bunch of 773As, some of which have a very old Y product with new seat covers. These planes mainly fly to CGK and MNL (and a few other destinations in China and I believe Australia), particularly in the early morning and evening rotations. The planes cater to the business traffic between Singapore and Jakarta/Manila, as they are high capacity for the morning/evening runs. However, they also have F class, as CGK and MNL are the last two SE Asia stations with an F product, and demand is strong.

What will SQ replace these birds with? The A359 regional could work, but lacks F. The 77Ws have F but are not as dense.

It really sucks if you're stuck flying Y and paying $1k round trip and getting seats that are more than a decade old.
Nxt Flts: SQ SIN-MNL-SIN | SQ SIN-BKK-SIN | DL SIN-NRT-SIN | LH SIN-MUC-SIN

Francoflier

Re: What will SQ replace its 773As on the CGK and MNL routes?

Fri May 03, 2019 2:23 am

I'm pretty sure they could forego F and replace it with a good, modern lie-flat business class on these routes.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

Coal
Topic Author

Fri May 03, 2019 2:26 am

Francoflier wrote:
I'm pretty sure they could forego F and replace it with a good, modern lie-flat business class on these routes.

No. Very rich Indonesian-Chinese and Filipino-Chinese will get blisters in their @$$ if they fly J. Besides, they will usually purchase an F ticket to connect in SIN to Europe, Australia, Japan, etc., so they will expect F even for the shortest leg.
Nxt Flts: SQ SIN-MNL-SIN | SQ SIN-BKK-SIN | DL SIN-NRT-SIN | LH SIN-MUC-SIN

flee

Fri May 03, 2019 5:16 am

I suspect that they might move their 77Ws to these routes once the 773s are retired. They might reconfigure the cabins as the oldest 77Ws are still newer that the youngest 773s.

ZK-NBT

Fri May 03, 2019 8:24 am

flee wrote:
I suspect that they might move their 77Ws to these routes once the 773s are retired. They might reconfigure the cabins as the oldest 77Ws are still newer that the youngest 773s.

I’d say 77Ws if these routes must have F, I’m not sure they will reconfigure any since they were recently refitted however.

The 773A has 284 seats with 8F 42J 234Y, not particularly dense for a regional aircraft, it had the old 77W F seat and the same J as the A330 and refitted 772.

hodavid1985

Fri May 03, 2019 1:35 pm

SQ don’t care about the number of seat in Y very much for CGK, but the do care in J &F.
They had even send 345 to CGK between long haul flights

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos