LAXintl
Topic Author

2019 Small Community Air Svc Development (SCASD) Program Grants

Mon May 06, 2019 8:42 pm

DOT is soliciting grant applications for its Small Community Air Development (SCASD) program.

SCASD is meant to help communities enhance air transportation by providing temporary financial support.

Grants can be utilized to attract new air-service by establishing revenue guarantees, cost offsets, or marketing support. Additionally, grant funding can be utilized to help retain or expand current service, plus for various airport facility upgrades in order to make them more attractive for air service providers.

As in past years, the priority selection criteria the DOT shall consider includes:

o Community airfares are higher than the national average
o The community or consortium will provide a portion of the cost of the activity from local sources other than airport revenue
o Communities willing establish private-public partnership to facilitate new or improved air carrier service to the public
o Provide benefits to a broader segment of the traveling public, whose access to the national air transportation system is limited
o Proposal can be implemented within a reasonable timetable and the grant monies will be used in a timely manner.

DOT plans to have $12.5 million available for grants.

Applications are due to the DOT by July 15th.

OST-2019-0071
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

UPlog

Re: 2019 Small Community Air Svc Development (SCASD) Program Grants

Mon May 06, 2019 9:56 pm

More government cheese.

I wonder over the years if they ever looked at the true success rate of this program. Yes, communities often manage to attract airlines with the program, but what percentage actually remain for 5-years once the subsidy ends?

joeblow10

Mon May 06, 2019 10:40 pm

UPlog wrote:
More government cheese.

I wonder over the years if they ever looked at the true success rate of this program. Yes, communities often manage to attract airlines with the program, but what percentage actually remain for 5-years once the subsidy ends?

This is one of the rare pieces of “government cheese” I support. I fly into a number of places that would otherwise be a 2-3 hour drive from a major airport. Plus... lately, EAS and subsidy communities have seen much more reasonably priced airfares (hence, perhaps why it appears to be working better).

Take CYS for example, where with Wyoming’s air service development grant, they got AA to come in from DFW and they’re already going twice daily within 6 months.

PacificWest

Tue May 07, 2019 3:18 am

No offense to my East Coast brethren, but I think it's kind of ridiculous that any airport East of the Mississippi (besides maybe Maine, or the Michigan UP) would get EAS or SCASD money.

Compared to the West, the Eastern US is relatively flat and there's cities everywhere.

The idea that there's people In Virgina, Alabama, or Georgia that can't drive 60-90 minutes over flat (or hilly at worst) terrain is absurd. Meanwhile, there's communities out West that require a legit 2.5-4 hour drive over dangerous two-lane roads and mountain passes to get to a small regional airport.

Bobloblaw

Tue May 07, 2019 4:17 am

joeblow10 wrote:
UPlog wrote:
More government cheese.

This is one of the rare pieces of “government cheese” I support. I fly into a number of places that would otherwise be a 2-3 hour drive from a major airport. Plus... lately, EAS and subsidy communities have seen much more reasonably priced airfares (hence, perhaps why it appears to be working better).

Take CYS for example, where with Wyoming’s air service development grant, they got AA to come in from DFW and they’re already going twice daily within 6 months.

SCASD isn’t EAS.

ELBOB

Tue May 07, 2019 5:20 am

joeblow10 wrote:
I fly into a number of places that would otherwise be a 2-3 hour drive from a major airport.

But if you add-up the time taken to wait for a once-or-twice daily flight, plus security, plus check-in times, does it actually come out any quicker than other forms of transport?

LAXBUR

Tue May 07, 2019 5:50 am

I think people are confusing the programs.

I’m left leaning but SCASD isn’t needed. Cities the size of Boise or Spokane for example do not need federal dollars for this. If their local community wants to subsidize routes - so be it. But they shouldn’t be seeking federal assistance.

joeblow10

Tue May 07, 2019 11:19 am

Bobloblaw wrote:
joeblow10 wrote:
UPlog wrote:
More government cheese.

SCASD isn’t EAS.

No... I’m aware they’re not the same. Wyoming has their own SCASD, CYS is just one example.

To the point above this one: it is a state grant, but I have no issue with federal help if it’s qualified. I think we can all agree what sort of airports deserve it and what don’t.

janders

Tue May 07, 2019 11:01 pm

The thing that makes me question SCASD grants is that they are available to some rather good sized airports that might already have 4-5 airlines serving them.

I can see how a community with a single airline or serious lack of air service might use SCASD incentive money to lure new flying, but the availability of such monies to larger and well to do communities seems like a misuse of Federal funding.
"We make war that we may live in peace." -- Aristotle

B1168

Tue May 07, 2019 11:26 pm

Oh...... that isn’t bad. Compare it to Chinese style of subsidies— J don’t think SZX-DUB should ever exist anyway.

LAXintl
Topic Author

Thu May 09, 2019 7:08 pm

janders wrote:
The thing that makes me question SCASD grants is that they are available to some rather good sized airports that might already have 4-5 airlines serving them.

I can see how a community with a single airline or serious lack of air service might use SCASD incentive money to lure new flying, but the availability of such monies to larger and well to do communities seems like a misuse of Federal funding.

Yes indeed.
The law behind SCASD allows FAA definition of up to "small hub" airports to qualify for the program. This means that some with quite a bit of existing service can participate in chasing after a grant.

LAXintl
Topic Author

Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:22 pm

Applications are in. Here is the first batch.

Killeen, Texas
Seeks $350,000 in federal grant funds for regional marketing program to sustain and expand existing air services and promote replacement national hub link (lost DL to ATL)

Rochester, Minnesota
Seeks $750,000 grant to offer revenue guarantee for establishment of a western hub link by UA service to DEN using 70-seat regional jet.

Roswell, New Mexico
Asking for $750,000 grant funds for fee waiver and purchase of ground equipment to aid with acquiring new service to DEN on UA using 50-seat RJ equipment.

Salem, Oregon
Requesting $750,000 to offer fee waivers along with revenue guarantee to recruit network carrier to link to major hub in SF Bay or LA basin.

San Luis Obispo, California
Asks $750,000 grant funding to establish revenue guarantee and fee waivers for air service link to PDX by Alaska Air Group.

Klamath Falls, Oregon
Seeks $500,000 for revenue guarantee to reestablish air service at the airport by supporting proposed 50-seat RJ service by Skywest to UA hub at SFO.

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Request $750,000 grant funding for establishment of revenue guarantees and marketing program to support proposed link to major hub at ATL by Skywest.

GalaxyFlyer

Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:33 pm

Tuscaloosa? Really? It’s just down the road from KBHM

LAXintl
Topic Author

Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:05 am

More..

Abilene, Texas
Seeks $1,000,000 offer revenue guarantee, marketing assistance and ground handling services to reestablish link to major national hub at IAH on UA affiliated regional carrier, or major western hub such as DEN by national or LCC carrier.

Sanford, Florida
Request $500,000 funding for airport and new regional ground transportation marketing.

Champaign/Urbana, Illinois
Asks for $750,000 in grant to offer revenue guarantee and associated marketing in support new AA or UA coded service to the Washington, DC area by Skywest.

North Bend, Oregon
Desires $750,000 grant in order to establish a minimum revenue guarantee to reestablish link with hub at PDX.

Tuscon, Arizona
Seeks $750,000 funding to offer revenue guarantee and fee waivers to offer service to Washington Dulles on UA.

Bozeman, Montana
Request $750,000 for revenue guarantee, fee waivers and marketing support to establish seasonal link with New England region (BOS)

New Haven, Connecticut
Seeking $750,000 for revenue guarantee and marketing program to support new air service to Chicago and or Washington DC area by start-up Moxy

sprxUSA

Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:09 am

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Tuscaloosa? Really? It’s just down the road from KBHM

I had similar thoughts about Salem and proximity to PDX and EUG. At least there if the OO/UA SFO flight is delayed/cancelled, one could catch someone else to OAK...not from Salem.
Gem State Airlines..."we have a gem of an airline"

GalaxyFlyer

Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:10 am

Again, New Haven? Really? It’s in NY. Plenty of limo, shuttle bus service. There’s no need

LAXintl
Topic Author

Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:32 am

Athens, Georgia
Request $750,000 in order to offer revenue guarantee to restore air service at the airport with link to CLT by AA affiliate carrier using 50-seat regional aircraft.

South Bend, Indiana
Seeks $750,000 to establish revenue guarantee to obtain service to DEN or NYC.

Grand Junction, Colorado
Seeking a federal grant of $950,000 to fund revenue guarantee and marketing support for year-round service to SFO by UA
Airlines

Laredo, Texas
Request $850,000 funding to aid with recruitment and marketing support for new ULCC service connecting both US Western and Eastern regions.

Taos, New Mexico
Applies for $750,000 grant to offer revenue guarantees, fee waivers and marketing program for seasonal air service to Los Angeles basin by Taos Air scheduled charter.

Lake Charles, Louisiana
Seeks $200,000 for regional marketing program to create airport and air service awareness in order to reduce leakage.

Millington, Tennessee
Applying for $600,000 grant funds for revenue guarantee, fee waivers, ground handling support and marketing support for unamed airline interested in launching service at alternative Memphis airport.

LAXintl
Topic Author

Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:54 am

More --

Chico, California
Desires $500,000 grant funds for revenue guarantee and free waivers in support of proposed of air service link to LAX by UA affiliate Skywest.

Dubuque, Iowa
Seeks $775,000 funding for revenue guarantees, marketing and fee waivers for new air service to major national hub at DEN by United using 50-seat RJ.

Twin Falls, Idaho
Applies for $900,000 grant to offer revenue guarantee and marketing program to initiate service to DEN on Skywest.

Richmond, Virginia
Seeks $1,200,000 funds to form revenue guarantee and marketing support to major West Coast hub in SF Bay or LA basin.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Applying for $340,142 grant to fund the purchase of equipment to implement ground handling program by airport authority

Jacksonville, North Carolina
Seeks $700,000 grant to aid with revenue guarantees, marketing support, and fee waivers to establish service to air national hubs in Dallas or Washington D.C.

Gulf Shores, Alabama
Request $300,000 funding to implement marketing program in pursuit of future air service in coastal AL region.

AVLAirlineFreq

Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:22 am

Thank you, LAXIntl, for posting this.

Some of these are...ummm...interesting.

enilria

Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:56 am

So 28 total? Hmm. Thanks for posting !!!!

tys777

Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:24 am

Wonder who wants to set up shop at Millington?

LAXintl
Topic Author

Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:28 am

Corpus Christi, Texas
Seeks $300,000 to launch a regional media marketing program promoting existing air service at CRP and reduce traffic leakage.

Idaho Falls, Idaho
Applies for $750,000 grant to offer start up cost offset, fee waivers and revenue guarantees help recruit air service to major southern hub at DFW on AA regional partner.

Bullhead City, Arizona
Desires $750,000 grant funding for marketing support, revenue guarantees and fee waivers to secure service to DEN by United regional partner.

Newport News, Virginia
Seeks $650,000 funding for revenue guarantee, fee waivers and marketing support for Skywest operated service to UA Dulles hub.

Broome County, New York
Applying for $1,000,000 grant to offer marketing support, fee waivers and revenue guarantees to reestablish service to Washington DC area airport.

Lansing, Michigan
Seeks $750,000 federal grant funding revenue guarantee to initiate new service to MCO and NYC

St. George, Utah
Request $370,000 to offer revenue guarantees, fee waivers and marketing support for year-round daily service to LAX by Skywest

Melbourne, Florida
Seeking $800,000 for marketing, general incentives and ground handling support for daily LCC service to NYC metro

More to come..

sprxUSA

Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:35 am

No one wants to go to serve Millington, that is why they keep showing up on this list the last few years.
Millington, Sanford, New Haven ( Conn, not NY), Gulf Shores (what MOB, PNS, ECP, GPT too damn far away), all seem totally a waste, more-so than normal.
And PHF to IAD?? Lame
Gem State Airlines..."we have a gem of an airline"

DakotaFlyer

Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:51 am

One I can sorta support is Rochester solely for the Mayo perspective. Yes, MSP is only an hour away by car and 35 minute flight. They also have a flight to Chicago on AA and UA. However anything that can make it easier to reach cutting edge healthcare seems feasible. Even if that means one less connection, better times, or cheaper fares.

janders

Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:55 am

Thank you LAXIntl for your work on this annual thread. Always interesting to see some of these ideas.

Seems United is very busy this year supporting the applicants with the proposed service.
"We make war that we may live in peace." -- Aristotle

tys777

Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:09 am

janders wrote:
Thank you LAXIntl for your work on this annual thread. Always interesting to see some of these ideas.

Seems United is very busy this year supporting the applicants with the proposed service.

Agreed on both counts. Skywest is very heavy in throwing around their support. Can't blame them, guaranteed revenue will cause that support to grow.

I've seen the full list, but dont want to step on Lax's toes and appreciate the format, so I'll hold off commenting on some.

LAXintl
Topic Author

Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:12 am

Erie, Pennsylvania
Proposes $292,000 grant funding for marketing, fee waivers, and ground handling, twice daily United Express service to Dulles.

Greenville, North Carolina
Seeking $750,000 grant in order to offer revenue guarantees and marketing support for service to Washing Dulles by Skywest.

Medford, Oregon
Desires $750,000 establish revenue guarantees and marketing support in order to establish new service to major eastern hub at ORD by United.

Columbia, Missouri
Seeks $800,000 to help establish revenue guarantees, marketing support and fee waivers for new service to CLT on AA affiliate regional carrier.

Reno, Nevada
Applies for $1,000,000 grant to offer marketing, fee waivers and revenue guarantees to establish service to Washington DC by United using mainline Airbus family equipment.

Hobbs, New Mexico
Seeks $750,000 grant award for marketing support, fee waivers and revenue guarantee for new service to DEN by United.

Topeka, Kansas
Applying for $750,000 funding for startup cost offset, marketing support, fee waivers and revenue guarantee to recruit service to Dallas metroplex.

Lakeland, Florida
Seeking $750,000 federal grant monies in order to fund marketing, revenue guarantees and fee waivers to establish airports sole scheduled service via AA affiliate regional carrier to CLT.

still more to come...

FlyingElvii

Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:14 am

Taos.... Didn’t they wreck their air service years ago by saying they didn’t want those noisy airliners? Or was that Santa Fe?

tys777

Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:14 am

tys777 wrote:

Well, this gives a pretty good idea. Seeking service to CVG and IND

Our service product will be simple and low cost, despite the well-known cost challenges associated with
independent regional carrier service on 30 seat platforms.
 Part 135 Public Charter, avoiding the costs of Part 121 operations, especially first officer
shortages;
 Non-sterile FBO to FBO service, avoiding main terminal access costs at destination airports;
 Use of Millington-Memphis (NQA), with zero airport or ground handling costs;
 Use of NQA will also mean lower block times on initial routes, which are northeast of Memphis.

FlyingElvii

Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:16 am

Lakeland...
That has been in the works for a while. They have a really nice terminal that was built during the Direct Air Days. Midway between Disney and TPA, and will soon be an Amazon Airhub, to go with the warehouses.m

FlyingElvii

Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:17 am

tys777 wrote:
tys777 wrote:

Our service product will be simple and low cost, despite the well-known cost challenges associated with
 Part 135 Public Charter, avoiding the costs of Part 121 operations, especially first officer
shortages;
 Non-sterile FBO to FBO service, avoiding main terminal access costs at destination airports;
 Use of NQA will also mean lower block times on initial routes, which are northeast of Memphis.

Sounds like Contour...

tys777

Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:21 am

FlyingElvii wrote:
tys777 wrote:
tys777 wrote:

shortages;

Sounds like Contour...

That would be my guess as well. Read the entire grant proposal and it screams them.

FlyingElvii

Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:22 am

Melbourne makes sense. They have been trying to reestablish Services for years, and is successful in season, but loses to MCO and SFB badly in the off- season. NYC-MLB could be a very good market if allowed time to work. LCC makes more sense than B6 mainline to JFK from DAB did.

tys777

Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:28 am

FlyingElvii wrote:
Melbourne makes sense. They have been trying to reestablish Services for years, and is successful in season, but loses to MCO and SFB badly in the off- season. NYC-MLB could be a very good market if allowed time to work. LCC makes more sense than B6 mainline to JFK from DAB did.

Looks like they are targeting B6. Their grant specifically mentions that they modeled the numbers based on E190 service.

FlyingElvii

Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:28 am

tys777 wrote:
janders wrote:

Agreed on both counts. Skywest is very heavy in throwing around their support. Can't blame them, guaranteed revenue will cause that support to grow.

I've seen the full list, but dont want to step on Lax's toes and appreciate the format, so I'll hold off commenting on some.

The SKywest SGU-LAX request caught my eye, since they have run this already, for decades, to rotate aircraft in to maint., and staff into Headquarters.
But then, I remembered that SGU has been closed for months, for runway issues. This will definitely help to reestablish the service.

LAXintl
Topic Author

Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:30 am

Bellingham, Washington
Pursuing a $750,000 grant to offer revenue guarantees, fee waiver and marketing support to establish service to an eastward hub such as DEN.

Monterey, California
Seeks $250,000 to form regional marketing program to help support new existing by AA to DFW and UA to DEN particularly during slower travel months.

El Paso, Texas
Applies for $750,000 in grant funds to provide a revenue guarantee for proposed E175 service by United to its Washington IAD hub.

College Station, Texas
Asks for $400,000 to establish local marketing campaign including a business loyalty program to better market existing services and reduce leakage.

Redmond, Oregon
Applying to $600,000 grant monies for marketing, revenue guarantees and fee waivers to help establish new service to SJC operated by Alaska Air Group.

Baton Rogue, Louisiana
Seeking $800,000 to recruit, provide revenue guarantees, marketing support and fee waivers to establish service to a Midwest or Northeast hub airport.

Duluth, Minnesota
Desires $771,500 grand fund to offer revenue guarantee and marketing support on new service to Denver operated by Skywest under UA code.

tys777

Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:36 am

LAXintl wrote:
Duluth, Minnesota
Desires $771,500 grand fund to offer revenue guarantee and marketing support on new service to Denver operated by Skywest under UA code.

This is the one I've been waiting to see posted. I live in DLH now and the airport has been working on this for years. Is it needed? I dont know, nonstops on DL out of MSP are so dang convenient and their are 3 shuttle options that are fairly cheap. It's easy enough to make the 2.5 hour drive and catch the non-stop.

I hope it is successful, just so I have more options for my work trips as they always book me local.

Also, here is a handy spot that you can view each SCASD application in its entirety. Fair warning, alot are over 50 pages with PDEW charts etc.. that most of us avgeeks enjoy.

https://airlineinfo.com/ost21/ost080219.html

FlyingElvii

Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:37 am

tys777 wrote:
janders wrote:

Also, 50pax Service is not subject to SCOPE for United, so the growth opportunity is there.

LAXintl
Topic Author

Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:47 am

Last bunch here.

Yuma, Arizona
Applies for $775,000 grant to provide revenue guarantee, marketing support and fee waivers on service to DEN by United Express.

Pullman, Washington
Desires $780,000 in federal grant to offer revenue guarantees, marketing support and fee waivers to support new service to DEN by United affiliate regional carrier.

Atlantic City, New Jersey
Applying for $400,000 funds in order to establish marketing and branding program for the promotion of airport and services.

Pocatello, Idaho
Seeks $700,000 grant funding for marketing, revenue guarantees and fee waivers in order to initiate new air service to DEN by Skywest operated with 50-seat RJ.

=

Indeed it seems United/Skywest were extremely busy this year support the applications.

Also, it seems $750,000 is the sweet spot grant request this year.

UPlog

Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:01 am

Thanks for posting LAX. Can always count on you for the latest DOT ongoings. Love the easy format

airlineworker

Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:07 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Again, New Haven? Really? It’s in NY. Plenty of limo, shuttle bus service. There’s no need

Its not in NY, but the parking lot known as I-95 is a long sometimes jammed up road and the response to AA's HVN service to PHL and CLT has been very good. The area can support more flights such as DL to DTW and ATL along with UA to IAD and ORD. AA has twice upgauged its aircraft at HVN. Why take a limo or bus when an existing airport is next door. Once the runway is upgraded, I can see service taking a jump and reducing the dependence on BDL.

CIDFlyer

Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:24 pm

Columbia MO to Charlotte I would think would do well and would be a natural expansion of the existing AA service

oosnowrat

Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:25 pm

What is the timeframe for awarding these grants?

cathay747

Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:41 pm

LAXintl wrote:
[
South Bend, Indiana
Seeks $750,000 to establish revenue guarantee to obtain service to DEN or NYC.

Funny to see this one...UA used to fly DEN-SBN (was a DEN/SBN/FWA/SBN/DEN route) with 727-100's...I did it twice roundtrip back in 1981 & 82; don't know when it ended though. I think it was 2x daily, although I don't know if both had the SBN/FWA/SBN tag.
Try a Little VC-10derness

AVLAirlineFreq

Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:45 pm

Does DL just not play this game? Or is UA just particularly aggressive about partnering with airports to get SCASD grants?

bloxomo

Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:25 pm

airlineworker wrote:
GalaxyFlyer wrote:

Its not in NY, but the parking lot known as I-95 is a long sometimes jammed up road and the response to AA's HVN service to PHL and CLT has been very good. The area can support more flights such as DL to DTW and ATL along with UA to IAD and ORD. AA has twice upgauged its aircraft at HVN. Why take a limo or bus when an existing airport is next door. Once the runway is upgraded, I can see service taking a jump and reducing the dependence on BDL.

Agreed. I very rarely use the big 3 NYC airports because of the need to pad drive times to account for traffic and because often I can get where I need to go nonstop from BDL, PVD, or even HPN, and when I'm going to the west coast I don't mind a stop along the way.

But the application is so poorly put together I don't think it has much of a chance (granted, I haven't read the other applications to see how poorly done they are). Part of their argument to support new service is to relieve pressure on I-95 and congested nearby airports like LGA/JFK/BOS. But they derive much of the supporting data from a 60-mile-radius catchment area that includes Long Island :roll: Down on page 11 they have data using a 40-mile catchment that excludes Long Island; they should have used that definition all along.

knope2001

Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:45 pm

LAXintl wrote:
Indeed it seems United/Skywest were extremely busy this year support the applications.

Thanks as always for spending the time on this -- it's a pain to wait for those dang PDFs to open one by one. Given how active Skywest has been with EAS they are likely quite "game" to try some of this stuff if the money is there.

Any idea what the upper end of SCASD is? Fuzzy memory has SRQ as roughly the biggest airport ever getting an award (quite a few years back to lure AirTran). Not that I'd bet there has never once been someone larger than SRQ apply, but this year there's ELP, RNO, RIC and TUS in the bunch. Tucson in particular hit "medium-hub" status a few years back though has slipped back to small-hub if I recall correctly.

SoCalPilot

Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:28 pm

ELBOB wrote:
joeblow10 wrote:
I fly into a number of places that would otherwise be a 2-3 hour drive from a major airport.

But if you add-up the time taken to wait for a once-or-twice daily flight, plus security, plus check-in times, does it actually come out any quicker than other forms of transport?

You're assuming he's flying from the A (Major airport) to B (small airport 2 hours away) when he could be flying from C (an airport multiple states away) to A to B. If I had to guess, I'd say a majority - by a wide margin - of people flying to small cities aren't flying directly from the major city/hub, they're connecting from somewhere else.

So yes, it does come out quicker - and less tiring - than having to gather your bags, get a rental car, and drive to your destination 2 to 3 hours away.

Bobloblaw wrote:
SCASD isn’t EAS.

He never said it was, he said EAS and subsidy communities - SCASD would fall under the later.

Oilman

Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:09 pm

Does anyone know where to find the criteria used to pick the winners?

UPlog

Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:53 pm

Oilman wrote:
Does anyone know where to find the criteria used to pick the winners?

Did you read what the OPer wrote ? :wideeyed:

LAXintl wrote:
As in past years, the selection criteria the DOT shall consider includes:

o Community airfares are higher than the national average
o The community or consortium will provide a portion of the cost of the activity from local sources other than airport revenue
o Communities willing establish private-public partnership to facilitate new or improved air carrier service to the public
o Provide benefits to a broader segment of the traveling public, whose access to the national air transportation system is limited
o Proposal can be implemented within a reasonable timetable and the grant monies will be used in a timely manner.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos