Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ericm2031

Re: 2019 Small Community Air Svc Development (SCASD) Program Grants

Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:56 pm

jb1087xna wrote:
LAXintl wrote:
San Luis Obispo, California
Asks $750,000 grant funding to establish revenue guarantee and fee waivers for air service link to PDX by Alaska Air Group.

AS to PDX over getting DL back to SLC seems interesting. Don't have a ton of experience in SBP, but was there for a week late last summer.

Or SBP-SAN or SJC. PDX doesn’t offer anything that SEA doesn’t so it may canibalize that route.

SBP hasn’t been struggling to get new routes so I’m not sure they’re the best candidate for a grant.

Oilman

Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:37 pm

UPlog wrote:
Did you read what the OPer wrote ? :wideeyed:

Well that’s just embarrassing. :oops:

usxguy

Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:52 pm

Oilman wrote:
Does anyone know where to find the criteria used to pick the winners?

blindfold and a dart board. Each DOT analyst gets a shot...
xx

freakyrat

Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:15 am

cathay747 wrote:
LAXintl wrote:
[
South Bend, Indiana
Seeks $750,000 to establish revenue guarantee to obtain service to DEN or NYC.

Funny to see this one...UA used to fly DEN-SBN (was a DEN/SBN/FWA/SBN/DEN route) with 727-100's...I did it twice roundtrip back in 1981 & 82; don't know when it ended though. I think it was 2x daily, although I don't know if both had the SBN/FWA/SBN tag.

SBN did have DEN service on F9 for almost a year from a previous grant which F9 didn't use that much of. The service was successful but F9 was going through reorganization into an ULCC and their type service at DEN that was for better West Coast connections didn't fit the ULCC model so they left. The Airport Authority then gave some of the remaining funds to UA to offer a flight to EWR which was successful enough that they operated 2 daily flights with the second one being seasonal. They flew these flights for almost 3 yers or so. UA has since went in another direction at EWR and removed mostly all Regional Jet Flying because of airport congestion and moved that service over to IAD. However they are bringing these flights back seasonally to service the ND students and their football crowd. There is also currently a 5 yr open RFP with DL that was opened by DL with the local DGS operations for servicing a daily JFK flight. As far as DEN goes the local UA folks informed me that right now they could support twice daily E175 service to DEN and they would like to be able to offer these flights as a West connecting alternative to ORD.

kbmiflyer

Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:49 am

LAXintl wrote:

[u] Reno, Nevada

Applies for $1,000,000 grant to offer marketing, fee waivers and revenue guarantees to establish service to Washington DC by United using mainline Airbus family equipment.

Anyone else find it odd that this request specifies mainline Airbus family equipment? I mean the A-319 or A-320 is probably the best choice for the job, but wouldn't a 737-800 be ok too?

janders

Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:53 am

kbmiflyer wrote:
LAXintl wrote:

[u] Reno, Nevada

Applies for $1,000,000 grant to offer marketing, fee waivers and revenue guarantees to establish service to Washington DC by United using mainline Airbus family equipment.

Anyone else find it odd that this request specifies mainline Airbus family equipment? I mean the A-319 or A-320 is probably the best choice for the job, but wouldn't a 737-800 be ok too?

Probably means in discussions with the airport, UA made specific reference the type in their tentative schedule proposal and business case analysis.
"We make war that we may live in peace." -- Aristotle

WN732

Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:13 am

LAXintl wrote:
Bellingham, Washington
Pursuing a $750,000 grant to offer revenue guarantees, fee waiver and marketing support to establish service to an eastward hub such as DEN.

Monterey, California
Seeks $250,000 to form regional marketing program to help support new existing by AA to DFW and UA to DEN particularly during slower travel months.

El Paso, Texas
Applies for $750,000 in grant funds to provide a revenue guarantee for proposed E175 service by United to its Washington IAD hub.

College Station, Texas
Asks for $400,000 to establish local marketing campaign including a business loyalty program to better market existing services and reduce leakage.

Redmond, Oregon
Applying to $600,000 grant monies for marketing, revenue guarantees and fee waivers to help establish new service to SJC operated by Alaska Air Group.

Baton Rogue, Louisiana
Seeking $800,000 to recruit, provide revenue guarantees, marketing support and fee waivers to establish service to a Midwest or Northeast hub airport.

Duluth, Minnesota
Desires $771,500 grand fund to offer revenue guarantee and marketing support on new service to Denver operated by Skywest under UA code.

I'm curious why ELP picked IAD instead of CLT?

UPlog

Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:37 pm

WN732 wrote:
]I'm curious why ELP picked IAD instead of CLT?

If you read their application, D.C. is their largest unserved local market. Plus it helps UA has already expressed interest in route should the grant be awarded.
I fly your boxes

KCaviator

Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:22 pm

Would be nice to see Dubuque, IA (DBQ) chosen. They’ve been trying to add another carrier for years after DL/NW dropped the MSP route. AA seems to do okay with 3 (sometimes 4) flights to ORD.

alasizon

Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:30 pm

LAXintl wrote:
Applications are in. Here is the first batch.

Salem, Oregon
Requesting $750,000 to offer fee waivers along with revenue guarantee to recruit network carrier to link to major hub in SF Bay or LA basin.

Seems odd to choose CA as opposed to SEA on AS where they have the benefit from stronger local demand. Although Salem also is only an hour or so to both PDX and EUG.

LAXintl wrote:
Asks $750,000 grant funding to establish revenue guarantee and fee waivers for air service link to PDX by Alaska Air Group.

Would put pretty good bets on this getting approved even though SBP hasn't been struggling.

LAXintl wrote:
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Applies for $750,000 grant to offer start up cost offset, fee waivers and revenue guarantees help recruit air service to major southern hub at DFW on AA regional partner.

They probably would have been better off soliciting for PHX over DFW as the request for service to DFW will get buried amongst all the other requests for service in the midwest.

LAXintl wrote:
Bullhead City, Arizona
Desires $750,000 grant funding for marketing support, revenue guarantees and fee waivers to secure service to DEN by United regional partner.

If at first you don't succeed, keep trying? PHX service was abysmal and never carried more than 30 passengers even with super low fares.

LAXintl wrote:
St. George, Utah
Request $370,000 to offer revenue guarantees, fee waivers and marketing support for year-round daily service to LAX by Skywest

Does OO really need funding for these routes? They've upped PHX to 4-5x daily just before the airport closed, added DFW once the airport re-opens and already ran LAX service.

LAXintl wrote:
Bellingham, Washington
Pursuing a $750,000 grant to offer revenue guarantees, fee waiver and marketing support to establish service to an eastward hub such as DEN.

Seems higher on the cost side given that BLI already captures part of the Canadian price-sensitive shopper so as soon as DEN is added they would likely know about it in their searches.

LAXintl wrote:
El Paso, Texas
Applies for $750,000 in grant funds to provide a revenue guarantee for proposed E175 service by United to its Washington IAD hub.

Given UA is willing to fly this, I'm sure it'll be approved but I'm not sure it can last once the subsidy is out.
LAXintl wrote:
Yuma, Arizona
Applies for $775,000 grant to provide revenue guarantee, marketing support and fee waivers on service to DEN by United Express.

Not sure there is enough room for the current levels of service plus DEN. If they add DEN I suspect they will lose a DFW turn if DEN does well.

LAXintl wrote:
Pullman, Washington
Desires $780,000 in federal grant to offer revenue guarantees, marketing support and fee waivers to support new service to DEN by United affiliate regional carrier.

Good add here and even if DEN doesn't end up working out, SLC or PHX could also be options as majority of traffic is UW based and what isn't from the PacNW can really be handled from any Mountain West hub.
Airport (noun) - A construction site which airplanes tend to frequent

uconn99

Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:30 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:
Again, New Haven? Really? It’s in NY. Plenty of limo, shuttle bus service. There’s no need

I think you need a geography lesson, New Haven is around 50 miles from the NY state line. And what shuttle bus service are you talking about?

LAXdude1023

Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:33 pm

I really wish UA could make a better run with smaller Texas cities. Doesnt need to be like DFW, but adding ABI would be a start. TYR and ACT would also be great. Im not holding my breath though.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BRING BACK THE PAYWALL!!!!

ODwyerPW

Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:17 pm

PacificWest wrote:
No offense to my East Coast brethren, but I think it's kind of ridiculous that any airport East of the Mississippi (besides maybe Maine, or the Michigan UP) would get EAS or SCASD money.

Compared to the West, the Eastern US is relatively flat and there's cities everywhere.

The idea that there's people In Virgina, Alabama, or Georgia that can't drive 60-90 minutes over flat (or hilly at worst) terrain is absurd. Meanwhile, there's communities out West that require a legit 2.5-4 hour drive over dangerous two-lane roads and mountain passes to get to a small regional airport.

I lived on the east coast for a good portion of my adult life. I agree with you completely. The idea that an airport in Connecticut applies for this? C'mon man!
There are some notable exceptions when you start getting into Appalachia. If you live in the Virginia panhandle... your Airports are Roanoak (2 hours away), not that great of an airport... or Johnson City (an hour away... but a really, really small airport) or Greensboro, NC (2+ hours away). But anything in New England, sans Maine.... I agree.

Now I live in Southern Arizona / Northern Mexico. I react the same way to Tucson being on the list... Dollars for marketing a flight to DC? Again, C'mon man! It's a metro area of about 1 million.
learning never stops.

oosnowrat

Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:14 am

LAXintl wrote:

Twin Falls, Idaho
Applies for $900,000 grant to offer revenue guarantee and marketing program to initiate service to DEN on Skywest.

Pocatello, Idaho
Seeks $700,000 grant funding for marketing, revenue guarantees and fee waivers in order to initiate new air service to DEN by Skywest operated with 50-seat RJ.

Indeed it seems United/Skywest were extremely busy this year support the applications.

not sure how politics play into this, but it's hard to imagine idaho falls,pocatello and twin falls all get a grant.

TWF and PIH are almost twin stations -- same schedule, similar loads, etc. a UAX flight to DEN would probably work in both markets. the three flights to SLC from both cities are running full, and the only option for a fourth flight that wouldn't require another RON has been tried already.

UPlog

Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:46 pm

Hello.
Any update on this? It seems its been ages since the applications.
I fly your boxes

freakyrat

Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:14 am

South Bend, Indiana

DEN is the primary need. It was popular when it was operated by F9 but F9 went in a different direction and abandoned their DEN connecting hub when they changed to an ULCC. Local United Express folks said that they can profitably offer two daily E175 flights to DEN. They said they would like to be able to offer a balanced connecting operation instead of relying on delay and weather prone ORD.
As far as NYC flights go United Express SBN-EWR flights are now seasonal however daily EWR flights have done well in the past. UA just cannot operate all the RJ flights into EWR with airport constraints. This is why they would like to shift their connecting hub to IAD.

ASFlyer

Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:15 am

UPlog wrote:
Hello.

Don't know about others but AS has announced service from SBP to PDX and SAN.

freakyrat

Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:16 am

LAXdude1023 wrote:
I really wish UA could make a better run with smaller Texas cities. Doesnt need to be like DFW, but adding ABI would be a start. TYR and ACT would also be great. Im not holding my breath though.

This is why F9 jumped into TYR.

ericm2031

Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:31 am

freakyrat wrote:
South Bend, Indiana

DEN is the primary need. It was popular when it was operated by F9 but F9 went in a different direction and abandoned their DEN connecting hub when they changed to an ULCC. Local United Express folks said that they can profitably offer two daily E175 flights to DEN. They said they would like to be able to offer a balanced connecting operation instead of relying on delay and weather prone ORD.
As far as NYC flights go United Express SBN-EWR flights are now seasonal however daily EWR flights have done well in the past. UA just cannot operate all the RJ flights into EWR with airport constraints. This is why they would like to shift their connecting hub to IAD.

“Local United Express folks” don’t have much insight into the profitability of a route, let alone a future route. Committing to 2 daily E175s on a route is pretty rare when UA is very limited on E175s as it is.

LAXintl
Topic Author

Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:33 am

UPlog wrote:
Hello.

Nothing yet from DOT.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

slcdeltarumd11

Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:50 am

PacificWest wrote:
No offense to my East Coast brethren, but I think it's kind of ridiculous that any airport East of the Mississippi (besides maybe Maine, or the Michigan UP) would get EAS or SCASD money.

Compared to the West, the Eastern US is relatively flat and there's cities everywhere.

The idea that there's people In Virgina, Alabama, or Georgia that can't drive 60-90 minutes over flat (or hilly at worst) terrain is absurd. Meanwhile, there's communities out West that require a legit 2.5-4 hour drive over dangerous two-lane roads and mountain passes to get to a small regional airport.

100% agree there are cities that need EAS and other that really don't. Really a shame to hurt cities that really need it. The program can keep entire communities afloat

evank516

Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:56 am

It would be really interesting to see LAL happen on AA, really, really interesting. As for MLB, if DAB didn't work for B6, MLB won't either especially if they are expecting an E190 which will be phased out after the A220s come in. Not cost effective enough.

freakyrat

Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:05 pm

ericm2031 wrote:
freakyrat wrote:
South Bend, Indiana

“Local United Express folks” don’t have much insight into the profitability of a route, let alone a future route. Committing to 2 daily E175s on a route is pretty rare when UA is very limited on E175s as it is.

The local folks have F9's numbers from when they operated the route. I know its rare for two daily E175 flights. I do not know what UA's costs are but the route could actually support a daily A319. I had a rough idea of F9's figures on the route. They grossed somewhere around 4.5 mil on the route and served 40,000+ passengers for the nine months they operated the flights and flew 3 times a week using an Airbus A319. They flew the route from October through September only had two bad months of January and February. Excluding January and February they flew an average of 118 pax in and out on a 133 pax aircraft. My own belief is that UA can operate the flight with either a CRJ700/900 or an E175 and the second daily on a CRJ. Planes are more efficient now and UA did operate the route with an afternoon B727 right after deregulation so it's not a new route for them.

FATFlyer

Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:31 pm

The 2019 SCASD grant selection announcements are starting to appear. Congress members are putting out their press releases ahead of the DOT announcement.

Selected airports I have seen so far (LAXIntl previously posted summaries of the applications):

Chico - $500,000 - http://lamalfa.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/lamalfa-announces-major-grant-to-help-chico-regain-commercial-air-0

Grand Junction - $950,000 - http://www.gjsentinel.com/news/western_colorado/grand-junction-regional-airport-locks-down-grant-for-new-flight/article_495d2c12-537c-11ea-a1f0-5f9401b21874.html

Greenville - $750,000 - http://gregmurphy.house.gov/media/press-releases/tillis-murphy-help-secure-750000-grant-pitt-greenville-airport

Rochester MN - $750,000 - http://kttc.com/2020/02/20/rst-receives-federal-grant-with-goal-of-getting-flights-to-western-hub/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain

dc10lover

Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:28 pm

I am ALL for this. When Airlines Profit from these Programs, Please pay the Government / Taxpayers back.
Why endure the nightmare and congestion of LAX when BUR, LGB, ONT & SNA is so much easier to fly in and out of. Same with OAK & SJC when it comes to SFO.

dc10lover

Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:34 pm

Killeen, Texas
Seeks $350,000 in federal grant funds for regional marketing program to sustain and expand existing air services and promote replacement national hub link (lost DL to ATL)

Rochester, Minnesota
Seeks $750,000 grant to offer revenue guarantee for establishment of a western hub link by UA service to DEN using 70-seat regional jet.

Roswell, New Mexico
Asking for $750,000 grant funds for fee waiver and purchase of ground equipment to aid with acquiring new service to DEN on UA using 50-seat RJ equipment.

Salem, Oregon
Requesting $750,000 to offer fee waivers along with revenue guarantee to recruit network carrier to link to major hub in SF Bay or LA basin.

Klamath Falls, Oregon
Seeks $500,000 for revenue guarantee to reestablish air service at the airport by supporting proposed 50-seat RJ service by Skywest to UA hub at SFO.

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Request $750,000 grant funding for establishment of revenue guarantees and marketing program to support proposed link to major hub at ATL by Skywest.

------------‐‐‐-------

I Really Believe if Airlines offered these Routes, they just may be $ucce$$ful., You will know by Ticket $ale$
Why endure the nightmare and congestion of LAX when BUR, LGB, ONT & SNA is so much easier to fly in and out of. Same with OAK & SJC when it comes to SFO.

KlimaBXsst

Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:41 pm

After about 9-14% profit returns upon these routes... airlines should be forced to repay the windfall.

Problem is the assessment of that 9-14% profit. It is not productive to oversee and pay accountants to verify airlines are beyond that 9-14% threshold.

Additionally the airlines creative book accounting’s will always find ways of never profiting more than 9-14%.

This is why big government is destined to fail, and deregulation (absent of cabotage) the way forward, despite all of its ills.
Aesthetically the A 340 got it right!

dc10lover

Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:46 pm

Bellingham, Washington

Not even DL to SLC. I hope BLI establishes East - Bound Flights soon.

KlimaBXsst

Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:56 pm

dc10lover wrote:
Bellingham, Washington

Not even DL to SLC. I hope BLI establishes East - Bound Flights soon.

Tell you... DFW and ORD are the destinations needed! Subsidy free!
Aesthetically the A 340 got it right!

dc10lover

Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:04 pm

Instead of AA, DL & UA serving these Routes, can Low Cost Carriers serve these Routes several times a week.
Allegiant Air & Frontier Airlines

sprxUSA

Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:38 pm

dc10lover wrote:
Instead of AA, DL & UA serving these Routes, can Low Cost Carriers serve these Routes several times a week.
Allegiant Air & Frontier Airlines

I assume these airports/cities want a business friendly airline to come in and offer flights. They are trying to sell their cities worldwide, not to Jones family from Peoria for 3 days.
Gem State Airlines..."we have a gem of an airline"

dc10lover

Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:49 pm

Bozeman, Montana
Request $750,000 for revenue guarantee, fee waivers and marketing support to establish seasonal link with New England region (BOS)

Good Delta Flight. Would be $uce$$ful.

FATFlyer

Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:53 am

FATFlyer wrote:
The 2019 SCASD grant selection announcements are starting to appear. Congress members are putting out their press releases ahead of the DOT announcement.

Selected airports I have seen so far (LAXIntl previously posted summaries of the applications):

Chico - $500,000 - http://lamalfa.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/lamalfa-announces-major-grant-to-help-chico-regain-commercial-air-0

Grand Junction - $950,000 - http://www.gjsentinel.com/news/western_colorado/grand-junction-regional-airport-locks-down-grant-for-new-flight/article_495d2c12-537c-11ea-a1f0-5f9401b21874.html

Greenville - $750,000 - http://gregmurphy.house.gov/media/press-releases/tillis-murphy-help-secure-750000-grant-pitt-greenville-airport

Rochester MN - $750,000 - http://kttc.com/2020/02/20/rst-receives-federal-grant-with-goal-of-getting-flights-to-western-hub/

I still don't see the DOT's list of 2019 recipients posted.

But here is another 2019 grant awardee:

North Bend/Coos County - $750,000 - http://defazio.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/rep-peter-defazio-announces-750000-federal-grant-for-southwest-oregon

DakotaFlyer

Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:29 am

Anyone have data on the success of these grants? How many routes remain after 3 years or how manybhave actually improved passenger numbers/access? I'm not against these as it is nice to test a market without much risk, but what's the follow up?

FATFlyer

Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:13 am

DakotaFlyer wrote:
Anyone have data on the success of these grants? How many routes remain after 3 years or how manybhave actually improved passenger numbers/access? I'm not against these as it is nice to test a market without much risk, but what's the follow up?

The Government Accounting Office studied the program last year.

Half of the 66 grants we reviewed succeeded in gaining new air service or in reaching other goals. A third kept up the improvements for at least 2 years after the grant ended.

The full report is at:
http://www.gao.gov/products/gao-19-172

Chuska

Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:33 am

Santa Fe and Roswell NM to Phoenix have been great success, both are now over three years old. SAF now has two flights to PHX.

dstblj52

Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:35 am

DakotaFlyer wrote:

Scasd is fairly cost-effective especially when compared to the alternatives, do nothing, and eas, and the program has been moderately successful at building ridership in small communities. ultimately we need to find a way to serve small markets that doesn't rely on first-year FO's being lucky to break 20 grand a year and an aging fleet of 50 seat aircraft, ultimately I suspect we will see more connection secured shuttle buses and potentially some allegiant style ops from the majors especially into big hubs where you can get to any place on earth essentially with one or fewer stops.

alasizon

Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:50 am

Chuska wrote:
Santa Fe and Roswell NM to Phoenix have been great success, both are now over three years old. SAF now has two flights to PHX.

And at that, Roswell paid near nothing out. I believe it was 80k in the first year and less than 20k the second year which covered a month where AA was messing around with the flight times and made it a very late departure from PHX and early originator from ROW. The remainder of the funds were never spent.

SCASD is pretty successful when it comes to generating new service west of the Mississippi. Only recent notable failure I can think of is IFP which had the markings of a good service but the residents of Laughlin just never committed to it.
Airport (noun) - A construction site which airplanes tend to frequent

FATFlyer

Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:13 pm

FATFlyer wrote:
FATFlyer wrote:

North Bend/Coos County - $750,000 - http://defazio.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/rep-peter-defazio-announces-750000-federal-grant-for-southwest-oregon

It looks like Roswell received another SCASD grant in the 2019 program for flights to DEN.

Roswell - $750,000 - http://www.rdrnews.com/2020/02/20/air-center-gets-grant-for-airline-expansion/

gmcc

Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:28 pm

DakotaFlyer wrote:

Not really data but Santa Rosa (STS) started with a couple of grants involving AS and UA to 3 destinations and now has flights to 11 different cities.

FATFlyer

Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:17 pm

FATFlyer wrote:
FATFlyer wrote:
FATFlyer wrote:

It looks like Roswell received another SCASD grant in the 2019 program for flights to DEN.

Roswell - $750,000 - http://www.rdrnews.com/2020/02/20/air-center-gets-grant-for-airline-expansion/

And another 2019 SCASD grant recipient released. I still have not seen a full release by the DOT of all airports receiving grants.

Columbia, Missouri - $800,000 - http://www1.komu.com/news/grant-allows-columbia-regional-airport-to-propose-air-service-to-charlotte

quickmover

Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:47 am

COU-CLT Awsome news! should be enough demand for at least double daily. Easy connections to Florida and the SEC schools. Only problem might be a crowded terminal for an early morning departure. A new terminal is at least 2 years away

sbaflyer

Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:03 pm

Looks like the final list of grant recipients is published here: https://www.regulations.gov/contentStre ... ntType=pdf

palouse

Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:51 pm

Pullman/Moscow regional airport to Denver is a great add! Should get heavy use. Currently our only connection is through Seattle on Alaska's q400.

sprxUSA

Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:53 pm

Seems a lot of folks want OO/UA to Denver. If I was the sole airline at an airport, I would re-evaluate it if the place got free money to recruit a competitor.
Gem State Airlines..."we have a gem of an airline"

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos