coolfish1103
Topic Author

Re: China Airlines to lease/buy up to 30 A321neo’s

Wed May 15, 2019 3:03 pm

trex8 wrote:
Options aren't included in those lists, only orders, the reports were they were supposed to be firmed by end 2018 but maybe they are still holding them but have not converted to firm order yet, or they have truly lapsed.

I thought the website use to have options listed, maybe I was wrong.

Yes the last news from Aug 2018 was they were considering 359 or 35J before the contract expires (which were suppose to last year). We will see if any news come out then.

fjhc

Wed May 15, 2019 6:19 pm

The seats are forcing the withdrawal of the aircraft? I get if they have set an internal deadline to be rid of an old design by a certain date, but those can always be pushed back and the tickets sold for less.

trex8

Thu May 16, 2019 4:43 pm

fjhc wrote:
The seats are forcing the withdrawal of the aircraft? I get if they have set an internal deadline to be rid of an old design by a certain date, but those can always be pushed back and the tickets sold for less.

Its probably a combination of the seats AND the need for the 3rd heavy check which should be be due @2022 as its usually every 6 years.
If it were just seats as someone said they could have pulled the newer seats on the retired 744s which got new seats a few years ago.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos