stratosphere
Topic Author

At DL flying is a family affair

Fri May 10, 2019 8:20 pm

I don't know if this has been posted anywhere on here but I found it interesting to see this video of a female Delta captain and her daughter flying a 757 together and the youngest sister is also a DL pilot. I have seen this before at other airlines occasionally it's more usually father and son and sometimes father daughter but I haven't seen any mother daughter teams much less mother and 2 daughters. Pretty impressive.

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Family/video ... n-62600623

stburke

Re: At DL flying is a family affair

Fri May 10, 2019 8:24 pm

Nepotism
Pilots should be trusted to fly the plane and that's it.

strfyr51

Fri May 10, 2019 8:39 pm

stratosphere wrote:
I don't know if this has been posted anywhere on here but I found it interesting to see this video of a female Delta captain and her daughter flying a 757 together and the youngest sister is also a DL pilot. I have seen this before at other airlines occasionally it's more usually father and son and sometimes father daughter but I haven't seen any mother daughter teams much less mother and 2 daughters. Pretty impressive.

this is nothing new, we had it at United as well. The father as Captain, the Son as First officer and the Daughter as 2nd officer on Dad's last flight as a DC-10 Captain. We also had Mom and son flying a 767 was well, Equal opportunity!!

stratosphere
Topic Author

Sat May 11, 2019 2:03 am

strfyr51 wrote:
stratosphere wrote:

this is nothing new, we had it at United as well. The father as Captain, the Son as First officer and the Daughter as 2nd officer on Dad's last flight as a DC-10 Captain. We also had Mom and son flying a 767 was well, Equal opportunity!!

When I hired on in the early NWA days we had an anti nepotism policy. I guess those days are over.

FlyDeltaJetsATL

Sat May 11, 2019 2:10 am

You can find quite a few clips on YouTube of relatives, particularly parents and their children, up front together on a major airline.

Jesse
FLY DELTA JETS

BoeingGuy

Sat May 11, 2019 2:11 am

stratosphere wrote:
strfyr51 wrote:
stratosphere wrote:

When I hired on in the early NWA days we had an anti nepotism policy. I guess those days are over.

What if the son or daughter earns the position on their own merits? How do we know the DL daughter isn’t a highly skilled pilot who deserved to be hired?

EA CO AS

Sat May 11, 2019 3:02 am

That’s a whole lot of Christmases celebrated on December 10th.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

AY104

Sat May 11, 2019 3:16 am

BoeingGuy wrote:
stratosphere wrote:
strfyr51 wrote:

What if the son or daughter earns the position on their own merits? How do we know the DL daughter isn’t a highly skilled pilot who deserved to be hired?

My thoughts exactly.
The only thing a customer should expect for his/her loyalty is good service

adamblang

Sat May 11, 2019 3:31 am

Y'all saying "nepotism" seem to not know what that word means.

Here's a refresher from the dictionary:
The practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.

Unless the mom's involved in the hiring selection and improperly biasing hiring practices to get the daughters their positions – highly unlikely, and nothing in this video suggests that's the case – there's no nepotism here.
146 319 320 321 332 333 343 717 734 735 73G 738 739 744 752 753 763 764 772 773 789 AR1 AT4 CNA CR2 CR7 DC9 ER3 ERD ER4 E70 E75 E90

SierraPacific

Sat May 11, 2019 3:32 am

I like the nepotism comments to try to nullify a great accomplishment.

Congrats to all involved and it's great to see a whole family in the profession.

Varsity1

Sat May 11, 2019 3:43 am

adamblang wrote:

The practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.

Unless the mom's involved in the hiring selection and improperly biasing hiring practices to get the daughters their positions – highly unlikely, and nothing in this video suggests that's the case – there's no nepotism here.

Its not highly unlikely. It's highly TRUE.

"referrals" are the biggest aspect of an application to delta. Far more qualified applications by the thousands never get the call while these two young girls get their apps walked into the CPO by mommy and daddy.

It's true. 100%.
"PPRuNe will no longer allow discussions regarding Etihad Airlines, its employees, executives, agents, or other representatives. Such threads will be deleted." - ME3 thug airlines suing anyone who brings negative information public..

trueblew

Sat May 11, 2019 4:40 am

Yet another shameless Delta PR stunt.

cokepopper

Sat May 11, 2019 10:46 am

From what I understood as an employee. Delta would never hire family members. This changed with the Pan Am acquisition.

N126DL

Sat May 11, 2019 9:08 pm

The KLM instagram feed has many posts with small kids in a 1990s cockpit with a mom or dad and then showing them all grown up in the right seat (or left seat) sometimes flying with that parent. It's touching.
DH84 E135/145/175/190 CR2/7/9 A319/20/21 A332/3 D95 M80/83/88/90/95 73W/8/9 752/3 763/4 772/L

stl07

Sat May 11, 2019 9:38 pm

SierraPacific wrote:
I like the nepotism comments to try to nullify a great accomplishment.

Congrats to all involved and it's great to see a whole family in the profession.

Exactly my thoughts
Interesting how every thread is spammed with "bring back paid membership, there are too many spammers"

longhauler

Sat May 11, 2019 9:51 pm

This is wonderful and as noted above, quite common in the airline industry. It's hard not to influence one's children to pursue aviation and when the time comes, chances are your children's loyalties will be to your carrier. Most airlines, (most large corporations, in fact), have a process where you can internally recommend someone for a position.

Where I fly, we have Father/Son/Daughter combos ... but also, Husband/Wife, Husband/Husband, Wife/Wife, Father/Son/Grandson, Husband/Wife/Daughter, etc. etc. etc. Once it's in your blood ....

EA CO AS wrote:
That’s a whole lot of Christmases celebrated on December 10th.

Absolutely priceless!
Just because I stopped arguing, doesn't mean I think you are right. It just means I gave up!

DiamondFlyer

Sat May 11, 2019 10:49 pm

BoeingGuy wrote:
stratosphere wrote:
strfyr51 wrote:

Because if the story was about a father with multiple sons, you wouldn’t have heard it. But because it’s all females (who have an easier path to getting hired) it’s newsworthy
From my cold, dead hands

stratosphere
Topic Author

Sat May 11, 2019 10:53 pm

BoeingGuy wrote:
stratosphere wrote:
strfyr51 wrote:

The daughters are highly skilled I never said that...I said when I worked at NW before Al Checchi and the Marriott group got into it we had an anti-nepotism policy didn't matter how skilled you were you were not getting in if you had a family member working there. Times have changed most airlines don't have that rule anymore.

Varsity1

Sat May 11, 2019 11:09 pm

DiamondFlyer wrote:
BoeingGuy wrote:
stratosphere wrote:

Because if the story was about a father with multiple sons, you wouldn’t have heard it. But because it’s all females (who have an easier path to getting hired) it’s newsworthy

Yep.

People on the outside have no idea how socially engineered flight decks are these days. White males need 6x the experience of a minority to get hired.
"PPRuNe will no longer allow discussions regarding Etihad Airlines, its employees, executives, agents, or other representatives. Such threads will be deleted." - ME3 thug airlines suing anyone who brings negative information public..

ual763

Sat May 11, 2019 11:18 pm

Does anyone know this family? I do, and will hold my comments to myself. Let’s just say, the matriarch isn’t the nicest person to be around. That is, if you are a male. On the other hand, if you’re a female, she’s probably great to be around. But to give credit where credit is due, it is quite something special to share the flight deck with your children. So kudos to them on this.
From flying to the NOTAM office

NW747-400

Sat May 11, 2019 11:23 pm

Varsity1 wrote:
DiamondFlyer wrote:
BoeingGuy wrote:

Yep.

People on the outside have no idea how socially engineered flight decks are these days. White males need 6x the experience of a minority to get hired.

That’s interesting news. Every photo of every new hire pilot class at every airline I’ve ever seen has been 95% straight white males, including all the ones I’ve seen in 2019.

Varsity1

Sat May 11, 2019 11:56 pm

NW747-400 wrote:
Varsity1 wrote:
DiamondFlyer wrote:

Yep.

That’s interesting news. Every photo of every new hire pilot class at every airline I’ve ever seen has been 95% straight white males, including all the ones I’ve seen in 2019.

At the regionals and low paid jobs that nobody wants, sure.

At the majors? No way.

My friends class date at southwest had an average of 10,700 hours per applicant. The 3 females in the class had 1700,2100 and 2600 hours respectively.

HR departments trip over themselves to make a recruiting poster any way they can, sometimes they kill someone (kara hultgreen).

Sean-SAN-

Sun May 12, 2019 12:15 am

NW747-400 wrote:
Varsity1 wrote:
DiamondFlyer wrote:

Yep.

It's an undeniable fact just based on their age, that their classmates on average have vastly more experience than they do. The competitive average for a "straight white male" non-military to get hired by Delta would likely have most of them flying professionally when those women were in junior high school. 3000+ hours PIC, and 6000-10000 hours total time is about normal.

DiamondFlyer

Sun May 12, 2019 12:42 am

NW747-400 wrote:
Varsity1 wrote:
DiamondFlyer wrote:

Yep.

And what percentage of the pilot population is female? I'd wager it's less than the percentage of new hires that are female at the major's these days.
From my cold, dead hands

musman9853

Sun May 12, 2019 1:13 am

Lol aviation is like 95% white men yet it's apparently so hard for the white men lol.
Welcome to the City Beautiful.

Karlsands

Sun May 12, 2019 1:31 am

musman9853 wrote:
Lol aviation is like 95% white men yet it's apparently so hard for the white men lol.

What a stupid comment

maps4ltd

Sun May 12, 2019 1:34 am

So a post on a touching airline moment has turned into a full fledged affirmative action debate.

Welcome to a.net
Delta Gold Medallion and Southwest A-List

BravoOne

Sun May 12, 2019 1:49 am

cokepopper wrote:
From what I understood as an employee. Delta would never hire family members. This changed with the Pan Am acquisition.

Not true but why bother explaining.

jstags

Sun May 12, 2019 2:21 am

This site is getting almost unbearable. I've followed airliners.net for a couple of decades - been a member for 12 years or so. I don't think I've ever posted before, but this thread has struck a nerve. It's bad enough that almost every thread inevitably turns into A v B, foreign v domestic pilots, etc. But now something as innocuous as a family flying together turns into male v female, bogus hiring practices, affirmative action, etc. Airliners has become a site of trolls. As a parent of a young daughter who asks me what types of planes are flying into jfk, and where the planes are coming from, and who I hope will have an interest in aviation in the future....it discourages me to read some of the comments In this thread from "people who are on the inside". If the "inside" people feel that way towards female hires I'm glad their applications get "walked up"' to the higher ups. Otherwise why even should any female even bother making the effort. Heck, somebody upthread even brought up the name of a a female who passed away In an accident 25 years ago as a way to attempt to prove their point on affirmative action.

TMccrury

Sun May 12, 2019 2:28 am

I have a friend who is a FO at DL. He tells me to even be considered at DL, an individual must have a Bachelor's degree in something. I think this is a great accomplishment. In terms of the nepotism comments, Nepotism is when I hire my son to help me do a sound job over someone else who maybe more qualified. I do not see this as Nepotism. Glad to see their success.

DarkSnowyNight

Sun May 12, 2019 2:34 am

maps4ltd wrote:
So a post on a touching airline moment has turned into a full fledged affirmative action debate.

Welcome to a.net

What? No. A totally stupid moment, made of like 71% schlock, has turned into this. This isn't news. It's a complete yawner of a non-story. As it would be if it were any of the other umpteen father-son stories of self-same. Yes, it's obviously a choreographed moment for DL to show off how much their collective discharge smells like lilacs, yet again. Would be great if nonsense like this didn't clog up a Google newsfeed when there are real aviation stories happening.

Then again, I guess it is a Saturday.

musman9853 wrote:

It's actually sort of scary being a White hetero male. According to many others I know, having to actually share things like rights and privileges will give us paroxysms spawned directly by the myocardical infarctions being a decent human causes us.

Seriously though, yeah, you'd think hiring a woman causes three White Men to go directly to Bankruptcy Court the way some of us take it. I agree that we really need to grow up. . .

Varsity1 wrote:

Yeah, no. That's not a thing that happens in real life.

Varsity1 wrote:

HR departments trip over themselves to make a recruiting poster any way they can, sometimes they kill someone (kara hultgreen).

Yeah, like those DL women who smoked that 727 at DFW because they were too busy talking about another crash caused by pilot error, lack of experience and poor airmanship to deploy the flaps on their plane before takeoff.

Oh, wait, never mind. Wrong gender, my bad. I'm sure we could go on though. . .
"Ya Can't Win, Rocky! There's no Oxygen on Mars!"
"Yeah? That means there's no Oxygen for him Neither..."

SurlyBonds

Sun May 12, 2019 3:52 am

Varsity1 wrote:

More outright racism and hate speech on A-Net. Joy.

Super80Fan

Sun May 12, 2019 4:01 am

This would not be a story if this was a father and two sons being Delta pilots. This made news because it's three females in a position that is predominantly male. They are probably fantastic pilots and I wouldn't mind flying with any of them but there is no question that they are Delta mainline pilots because either they are female, their mom is a Delta pilot, or a bit of both. All of the men in their class have higher hours/more experience. They have to truck through the regionals/cargo/military to make it to mainline. This is female privilege in action.
RIP McDonnell Douglas

VTORD

Sun May 12, 2019 4:09 am

stratosphere wrote:

Maybe un-related in some ways but Air India actually has at least 1 well known pilot family - the Bhasins in which all four Mom, Dad, Son, Daughter are pilots. In fact IINW they are all commanders. The mom Nivedita Bhasin is quite well known amongst India's aviation community though I believe the daughter works for 6E not AI.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nivedita_Bhasin

Cool topic to post TBH. Would be nice to know what happens in the other parts of the world along similar lines.

SurlyBonds

Sun May 12, 2019 4:23 am

Varsity1 wrote:

According to The Hill, a DC newspaper that leans conservative, "4.1 percent of airline transport pilots (ATPs) are women, 2.7 percent are black or African-American, 2.5 percent are Asian and 5 percent are Hispanic or Latino."
https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/transportation/218401-the-company-isnt-going-to-hire-black-pilots-anymore

n6238p

Sun May 12, 2019 6:13 am

As an industry, we need to do more to get all groups more interested in aviation. There are opportunities everywhere for people of all backgrounds to break into this industry that didn’t exist years ago. Things are getting better but they aren’t perfect. With all that being said, there are plenty of suspect pilot hirings at all major airlines because of a personal network or other unusual attributes. Did these two young women work hard and meet the standards Delta asked for? I’d say so. Did they do anything special that put themselves above the rest to make themselves top candidates? That’s hard to say because we don’t have their resume.

Delta likes to hire very young pilots. Male or Female, when a low time, young pilot gets a job at any major while highly experienced older pilots can’t even get an interview, people scratch their heads and wonder why. The hiring at legacy airlines is flawed. It is confusing, inconsistent, and at most times unreasonable. This isn’t about minorities getting special treatment, this is about airlines and their terrible approach to picking future candidates.
To actively root against anybody is just low, and I hope karma comes back at you with a vengeance

longhauler

Sun May 12, 2019 12:30 pm

NW747-400 wrote:

I gotta ask ....

Looking at a photo of a bunch of guys in basic business attire, how do you pick out the straight vs. gays ones?

My gaydar is usually pretty good. I've been using it for more than 40 years. But even I can't tell looking at a still photo.
Just because I stopped arguing, doesn't mean I think you are right. It just means I gave up!

Varsity1

Sun May 12, 2019 1:05 pm

Super80Fan wrote:
This would not be a story if this was a father and two sons being Delta pilots. This made news because it's three females in a position that is predominantly male. They are probably fantastic pilots and I wouldn't mind flying with any of them but there is no question that they are Delta mainline pilots because either they are female, their mom is a Delta pilot, or a bit of both. All of the men in their class have higher hours/more experience. They have to truck through the regionals/cargo/military to make it to mainline. This is female privilege in action.

Yup.

Go over to APC or anywhere there are actually pilots and it's widely accepted. A.net is out of touch with the industry, so it's not surprising the posters here are clueless. You don't have to be competitive at all to be hired at a major as a female. No TPIC, probably no 121. Helps ever more if your mommy and daddy walk your resume into the CPO.

Varsity1

Sun May 12, 2019 1:09 pm

DarkSnowyNight wrote:
maps4ltd wrote:

Welcome to a.net

What? No. A totally stupid moment, made of like 71% schlock, has turned into this. This isn't news. It's a complete yawner of a non-story. As it would be if it were any of the other umpteen father-son stories of self-same. Yes, it's obviously a choreographed moment for DL to show off how much their collective discharge smells like lilacs, yet again. Would be great if nonsense like this didn't clog up a Google newsfeed when there are real aviation stories happening.

musman9853 wrote:

It's actually sort of scary being a White hetero male. According to many others I know, having to actually share things like rights and privileges will give us paroxysms spawned directly by the myocardical infarctions being a decent human causes us.

Seriously though, yeah, you'd think hiring a woman causes three White Men to go directly to Bankruptcy Court the way some of us take it. I agree that we really need to grow up. . .

Varsity1 wrote:

Varsity1 wrote:

Yeah, like those DL women who smoked that 727 at DFW because they were too busy talking about another crash caused by pilot error, lack of experience and poor airmanship to deploy the flaps on their plane before takeoff.

Staw arguments? How about the FEMALE captain that crashed the WN 737 at LGA. The minority FO that crashed that Atlas 767 earlier this year, the female FO of Colgan, the Female Envoy captain that did the ridiculous high speed abort at LGA this winter? For such a small percentage of pilots they find themselves at a lot of accident scenes.

STOP hiring people based on skin color or what's between their legs. To do so is absolute RACSIM/SEXISM. Hire ENTIRELY based on merits of the resume.

FlyHappy

Sun May 12, 2019 1:16 pm

longhauler wrote:
NW747-400 wrote:

I gotta ask ....

Looking at a photo of a bunch of guys in basic business attire, how do you pick out the straight vs. gays ones?

My gaydar is usually pretty good. I've been using it for more than 40 years. But even I can't tell looking at a still photo.

they're missing the feather boa, I mean - duh.
c'mon Longhauler - chip in on this gender hate fest - what are you seeing in Canada?
95% white males, or legions of unqualified teen age girls, piloting widebodies?

klm617

Sun May 12, 2019 1:20 pm

First of all their ability to fly planes has nothing to do with Delta they got the position on their own merit they just happen to be working at the same airline. Delta once again getting more feel good mileage out of some else's hard work and dedication to a career they love. Delta is not going around saying hey if your kids go to flight school will hire them no questions asked.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

klm617

Sun May 12, 2019 1:24 pm

Varsity1 wrote:
DarkSnowyNight wrote:
maps4ltd wrote:

Welcome to a.net

musman9853 wrote:

Varsity1 wrote:

Varsity1 wrote:

Staw arguments? How about the FEMALE captain that crashed the WN 737 at LGA. The minority FO that crashed that Atlas 767 earlier this year, the female FO of Colgan, the Female Envoy captain that did the ridiculous high speed abort at LGA this winter? For such a small percentage of pilots they find themselves at a lot of accident scenes.

STOP hiring people based on skin color or what's between their legs. To do so is absolute RACSIM/SEXISM. Hire ENTIRELY based on merits of the resume.

No stop trying to pay ridiculously low entry level wages and these incidents might not happen because you will attract a better skill set. It has nothing to do with race or gender it has to do with being cheap plain and simple.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

GalaxyFlyer

Sun May 12, 2019 2:04 pm

Delta likes to hire very young pilots. Male or Female, when a low time, young pilot gets a job at any major while highly experienced older pilots can’t even get an interview, people scratch their heads and wonder why. The hiring at legacy airlines is flawed. It is confusing, inconsistent, and at most times unreasonable. This isn’t about minorities getting special treatment, this is about airlines and their terrible approach to picking future candidates.

It’s not about the resume, it’s about the person in the interview. Airlines have a very firm idea on the individuals they want to hire based on lots of research and experience. Fit the picture and meet the mins and good chance you’ll get hired.

GF

DiamondFlyer

Sun May 12, 2019 2:29 pm

GalaxyFlyer wrote:

It’s not about the resume, it’s about the person in the interview. Airlines have a very firm idea on the individuals they want to hire based on lots of research and experience. Fit the picture and meet the mins and good chance you’ll get hired.

GF

That's also not true, and Delta is the worst about wanting pilots who fit their image.
From my cold, dead hands

Springbok743

Sun May 12, 2019 2:53 pm

Varasity1 wrote:
How about the FEMALE captain that crashed the WN 737 at LGA. The minority FO that crashed that Atlas 767 earlier this year, the female FO of Colgan, the Female Envoy captain that did the ridiculous high speed abort at LGA this winter? For such a small percentage of pilots they find themselves at a lot of accident scenes.

*sigh*
This is the issue with a.net, far too many people with an opinion, who post it, then won't accept anything other than agreement with their opinion. Especially the case with the openly anti-anyone-who-isn't-a-white-male-because-they-probably-got-picked-because-of-their-race/gender/position/age/connections etc etc.etc.
I am done with this crap. Judging that non-whites crash more planes because you chose to remember the incidents where this happened is unacceptable. IT IS NEVER F_ING OKAY TO JUDGE ANOTHER PILOT. I don't care how racist you are, do us all a favour and push off, ESPECIALLY WHEN THE FINAL REPORT for most of those you've listed haven't even come out yet.

I can't believe it's come to this, claiming that all but white men are bad pilots. WTF is wrong with people?

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/db ... tekey_desc

spinotter

Sun May 12, 2019 3:00 pm

Varsity1 wrote:
adamblang wrote:

Its not highly unlikely. It's highly TRUE.

"referrals" are the biggest aspect of an application to delta. Far more qualified applications by the thousands never get the call while these two young girls get their apps walked into the CPO by mommy and daddy.

It's true. 100%.

I believe you, but what you are describing occurs in every company, every government, every political party - in short, in every human grouping - in the world.

longhauler

Sun May 12, 2019 3:17 pm

FlyHappy wrote:
c'mon Longhauler - chip in on this gender hate fest - what are you seeing in Canada?
95% white males, or legions of unqualified teen age girls, piloting widebodies?

I would guess that Canada is much like the United States. And ... I would guess that Delta is not much different from any other large carrier.

With regard to male/female numbers, the new hire classes to not reflect the population in general (namely 50%) but the ratio is roughly the same as those who hold an ATPL. I am not sure if it is designed that way, but that seems to happen.

The initial screening/application process is all done digitally. As long as certain qualification criteria are met, they advance to further levels. For example, as noted above, if 2000 hours PIC jet time was a threshold, then 2500 hours would be the same as 10000 hours, regardless of gender, race, age, sexual orientation.

spinotter wrote:
I believe you, but what you are describing occurs in every company, every government, every political party - in short, in every human grouping - in the world.

Hear hear.

FlyHappy wrote:
they're missing the feather boa, I mean - duh.

I was thinking .... Shoot, there's an app for everything these days. ;)

Aesma

Sun May 12, 2019 3:35 pm

DarkSnowyNight wrote:

I took a quick look and there are dozens of F-14 crashes on approach to an aircraft carrier. I mean, you yaw a bit and that causes an engine to quit, seems like a poor design to me.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

highflier92660

Sun May 12, 2019 3:52 pm

ual763 wrote:
Does anyone know this family? I do, and will hold my comments to myself. Let’s just say, the matriarch isn’t the nicest person to be around. That is, if you are a male. On the other hand, if you’re a female, she’s probably great to be around. But to give credit where credit is due, it is quite something special to share the flight deck with your children. So kudos to them on this.

Looking at Kelly, the friendly and attractive first officer daughter, my initial impression was there goes the theory of genetic predisposition. I also wonder who has seniority in that family, the father or that tiny four-stripe b**l buster?

Too bad we tall, fair-haired straight males don't meet mandatory ABC News requirements for ever being in a feature segment like this.

TW870

Sun May 12, 2019 4:01 pm

This thread makes me want to unplug the whole internet and go back to ordering airplane books out of catalogs.

But the OP's video is very compelling. Congrats to this crew, and so happy for them to be flying TATL out of JFK this summer once the second daughter transitions to the 7ER. And excellent work to them for getting the airplane on the ground safe when they had smoke in the cockpit on their first trip. This video is really well shot and does a great job of getting everyone - women and everyone else - excited about aviation. Happy mothers day to the captain and to all the moms out there.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos