tphuang
Posts: 3224
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: OAG Changes 5/12/2019:AA New Routes;AS Cuts SNA-PVR/SJD;DL Adds BOS-MIA/PUJ/SRQ,LAX-OMA;G4;HU Delays CTU-ORD;OZ Cuts

Mon May 13, 2019 8:39 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
tphuang wrote:
These 2 were routes added by the former head of planning. I think we are starting to see changes from the new org structure.
**AS PVR-SNA AUG 0.5>0.1[0.4] SEP 0.4>0[0.4] OCT 0.5>0[0.4] NOV 0.4>0[0.4] DEC 0.4>0[0.4] JAN 0.4>0[0.5] FEB 0.4>0[0.4]
**AS SJD-SNA AUG 0.5>0.1[0.6] SEP 0.6>0[0.6] OCT 0.5>0[0.6] NOV 0.6>0[0.6] DEC 0.6>0[0.6] JAN 0.6>0[0.5] FEB 0.6>0[0.6]

i think this is the start of the network adjustments for the new route planner. Going to be more cuts coming up.



The SNAPVR and SNASJD flights were cut to add 2X more SNASJC frequencies, going to 6X daily. The FF base appreciates frequencies, especially intra-CA, and this is a better use of those SNA slots. If AS were to gain additional slots the next time they're allocated, these routes could be considered for a return.


Right, because AS will continue to get more SNA slots every year, right?

At some point, AS will have to figure out if these LA area airport to SJC markets are worth it. 2 additional flights on SNA-SJC on OO is certainly going to loose money. Every data point shows LA area to SJC are among the lowest margined routes in west coast. OAK is clearly better due to lack of competition, but even SFO is a lot better. What does AS see in SJC?
 
flymia
Posts: 7109
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2001 6:33 am

Re: OAG Changes 5/12/2019:AA New Routes;AS Cuts SNA-PVR/SJD;DL Adds BOS-MIA/PUJ/SRQ,LAX-OMA;G4;HU Delays CTU-ORD;OZ Cuts

Mon May 13, 2019 8:57 pm

Jonathanxxxx wrote:
TW870 wrote:
jetbluefan1 wrote:
Thanks enilria!

DL is really increasing capacity from BOS to Florida. B6 prints money in these markets. Things are sure getting interesting...


I thought the same thing. And my how times change. Northeast to Florida was one of those markets on which the airlines printed money prior to deregulation of the U.S. market, and then lost a killing after deregulation, losses that were so big amid low-cost competition that Eastern ended up collapsing. But in a much more mature, more segmented market well after deregulation, it looks like the legacies see these markets as inviting again. And it is also interesting that DL doesn't see a route with ULCC presence such as BOS-FLL as a deal breaker. On a unit cost basis, DL's relatively high density A320s must do pretty well against B6.

One thing I have trouble understanding is how South Florida works as a market. Why is FLL generally bigger for domestic traffic than MIA? Is it because of the cruise market out of FLL? Or generally because the hotel market is more affordable on the Broward County beaches than Miami-Dade? Or because ULCCs stimulate the market whereas they don't at MIA?

Really interesting to see the South Florida growth for DL at BOS. Reminds me of the old Northeast days!


The type of tourist traffic that visits South Florida can differ between counties. Both airports benefit from their respective cruise ports, but MIA sees a lot more international tourism to its primary hotspots like Brickell, South Beach, Doral, etc. from Latin America and Europe. Domestic traffic primarily comes from the major metros and other cities in the Southeast that help feed the AA hub.

Your premise is quite right, FLL's tourist traffic tends to be lower fare passengers taking advantage of the cheaper hotel and property prices in Broward vs Dade. Much of this traffic is looking for the cheapest deal to their second home or a quieter beach destination in Hollywood, Hallandale, Pompano, etc. This traffic is part of what made FLL successful for NK, B6, and WN who can handle the lower yields. As said upthread, FLL also benefits from being within range of the majority of the tricounty region's population, and the airport also benefits from easy highway access to the West Coast on 595. There is definitely sizable international demand for FLL, but the market is still not as large as MIA for international tourism, and the majority of success outside of Latin America has come from LCCs/package carriers.

Despite its low-yield reputation, I actually think yields have improved/will improve at FLL over recent years. B6's mint does well on FLL-LAX/SFO, and EK has been able to support reasonable service. Whether this traffic is stolen from MIA or a result of the growth in the area is a debate for another thread.


Geography plays a part, but ultimately the great Miami Metro area, (including Broward not Palm Beach) is a two airport city, just like any other large city that has more than one airport.

Both airports have plenty of cruise traffic, as they are #1 and #3 in the world in cruse ports. Miami being the larger port. But if you go on a website like cruise critic you will see people offering the advice to cruise travelers, look at both airports FLL and MIA as one. Myself and everyone I know in South Florida that don't live on extreme ends of Dade or Broward county look at FLL and MIA as one.

It is all about fares. FLL has the low cost carriers and typically has lower fares, hence a larger domestic market. While MIA has more international carriers and does carry higher premium demand from over seas, hence the high international numbers.

Most people know how close these airports are at 30 road miles, less than JFK and EWR or the same distance at IAD and DCA. FLL and MIA are all one of the same market, just different airlines and different destinations for some.
"It was just four of us on the flight deck, trying to do our job" (Captain Al Haynes)
 
laca773
Posts: 2080
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:10 am

Re: OAG Changes 5/12/2019:AA New Routes;AS Cuts SNA-PVR/SJD;DL Adds BOS-MIA/PUJ/SRQ,LAX-OMA;G4;HU Delays CTU-ORD;OZ Cuts

Mon May 13, 2019 9:30 pm

It seems like SNA has struggled with Mexico service from the beginning. There was quite a bit of service to MEX/GDL/SJD/PVR. Now, all has seen the axe take them out with the exception of one. Is SNA too expensive to utilize for these type of friends/family/leisure routes?

AS has always been good at adjusting to demand. LAX-BOS-LAX has gotten very crowded. It looks like B6 & DL do the best in this market. I wouldn't be surprised if AA drops down to 2-3x a day while AS & UA need to figure what they are going to do in this market. AS needs to up their soft & hard product particularly in the LAX/SFO transcon markets. They seem to be offering a very basic, "plain Jane" service where you have B6 offering Mint & DL has D1 out of LAX. I hope they figure this out soon.
 
AirFiero
Posts: 1355
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:43 pm

Re: OAG Changes 5/12/2019:AA New Routes;AS Cuts SNA-PVR/SJD;DL Adds BOS-MIA/PUJ/SRQ,LAX-OMA;G4;HU Delays CTU-ORD;OZ Cuts

Mon May 13, 2019 10:45 pm

tphuang wrote:
EA CO AS wrote:
tphuang wrote:
These 2 were routes added by the former head of planning. I think we are starting to see changes from the new org structure.
**AS PVR-SNA AUG 0.5>0.1[0.4] SEP 0.4>0[0.4] OCT 0.5>0[0.4] NOV 0.4>0[0.4] DEC 0.4>0[0.4] JAN 0.4>0[0.5] FEB 0.4>0[0.4]
**AS SJD-SNA AUG 0.5>0.1[0.6] SEP 0.6>0[0.6] OCT 0.5>0[0.6] NOV 0.6>0[0.6] DEC 0.6>0[0.6] JAN 0.6>0[0.5] FEB 0.6>0[0.6]

i think this is the start of the network adjustments for the new route planner. Going to be more cuts coming up.



The SNAPVR and SNASJD flights were cut to add 2X more SNASJC frequencies, going to 6X daily. The FF base appreciates frequencies, especially intra-CA, and this is a better use of those SNA slots. If AS were to gain additional slots the next time they're allocated, these routes could be considered for a return.


Right, because AS will continue to get more SNA slots every year, right?

At some point, AS will have to figure out if these LA area airport to SJC markets are worth it. 2 additional flights on SNA-SJC on OO is certainly going to loose money. Every data point shows LA area to SJC are among the lowest margined routes in west coast. OAK is clearly better due to lack of competition, but even SFO is a lot better. What does AS see in SJC?


Good question. AS seems to be putting a fair amount of resources into SJC. If it were truly a loser, do we think AS is dumb/poorly managed enough to continue?
 
tphuang
Posts: 3224
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: OAG Changes 5/12/2019:AA New Routes;AS Cuts SNA-PVR/SJD;DL Adds BOS-MIA/PUJ/SRQ,LAX-OMA;G4;HU Delays CTU-ORD;OZ Cuts

Tue May 14, 2019 12:49 am

laca773 wrote:
It seems like SNA has struggled with Mexico service from the beginning. There was quite a bit of service to MEX/GDL/SJD/PVR. Now, all has seen the axe take them out with the exception of one. Is SNA too expensive to utilize for these type of friends/family/leisure routes?

AS has always been good at adjusting to demand. LAX-BOS-LAX has gotten very crowded. It looks like B6 & DL do the best in this market. I wouldn't be surprised if AA drops down to 2-3x a day while AS & UA need to figure what they are going to do in this market. AS needs to up their soft & hard product particularly in the LAX/SFO transcon markets. They seem to be offering a very basic, "plain Jane" service where you have B6 offering Mint & DL has D1 out of LAX. I hope they figure this out soon.


BOS-LAX is a very competitive market. When you look at the numbers, you have to keep in mind that B6, DL and UA all have lie flat service on this route. DL also provides D1 service here, so it's a very high operating cost for them. Whereas AA had been going the ULCC route with as much capacity as possible. That has simply not worked well for them as one would expect. So now they have switched 2 of the flights to A321T. We will see how long this last, because the return so far has been a lot of op-ups into F cabin and a lot of easy upgrades to J cabin. The longer this lasts, the better it is for B6, because they are the only carrier profitable at the current yield environment.
 
User avatar
tlecam
Posts: 1446
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: OAG Changes 5/12/2019:AA New Routes;AS Cuts SNA-PVR/SJD;DL Adds BOS-MIA/PUJ/SRQ,LAX-OMA;G4;HU Delays CTU-ORD;OZ Cuts

Tue May 14, 2019 1:17 am

[quote=“tphuang”]
They've cut this route to once a day plenty of times before. Not sure what they are doing here still. Just as a comparison from Q4. They are far away the weakest here. I'm not sure what's the point of this route for them given where i think LAX ranks in their focus cities/hubs.
CityPair Dist Carrier Board AvgFare NSFare ConnFare % NS PerFlight # Flights LF Yield
BOSLAX 2611 AA 129808 274.76 271.05 355.18 95.59% 176.5 912 80.64% 218.58
BOSLAX 2611 AS 29124 221.7 219.75 323.34 98.12% 161.5 232 77.74% 170.83
BOSLAX 2611 B6 98143 301.88 301.43 376.07 99.39% 158.9 715 86.36% 260.3
BOSLAX 2611 DL 59850 305.44 301.15 360.36 92.76% 169.2 415 85.25% 256.73
BOSLAX 2611 UA 65602 288.73 284.12 377.97 95.10% 171.7 465 82.16% 233.43
[/quote]


Thanks for the numbers!

I’m a little shocked at AA’s yield relative to B6 and DL. It’s hard to really draw any conclusions in isolation, but it does seem that B6 is commanding a fare premium at higher LFs, and DL isn’t that far behind.

If you’d told me that in 2006 that DL and B6 would be the leaders on BOS-LAX (from a financial performance standpoint, not flights) rather than AA and UA, I’d have thought you were nuts.
BOS-LGA-JFK | A:319/20/21, 332/3, 346 || B:717, 735, 737, 738, 739, 752, 753, 762, 763, 764, 787, 772, 744 || MD80, MD90
 
wedgetail737
Posts: 4994
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:44 am

Re: OAG Changes 5/12/2019:AA New Routes;AS Cuts SNA-PVR/SJD;DL Adds BOS-MIA/PUJ/SRQ,LAX-OMA;G4;HU Delays CTU-ORD;OZ Cuts

Tue May 14, 2019 2:25 am

AirFiero wrote:
tphuang wrote:
EA CO AS wrote:

The SNAPVR and SNASJD flights were cut to add 2X more SNASJC frequencies, going to 6X daily. The FF base appreciates frequencies, especially intra-CA, and this is a better use of those SNA slots. If AS were to gain additional slots the next time they're allocated, these routes could be considered for a return.


Right, because AS will continue to get more SNA slots every year, right?

At some point, AS will have to figure out if these LA area airport to SJC markets are worth it. 2 additional flights on SNA-SJC on OO is certainly going to loose money. Every data point shows LA area to SJC are among the lowest margined routes in west coast. OAK is clearly better due to lack of competition, but even SFO is a lot better. What does AS see in SJC?


Good question. AS seems to be putting a fair amount of resources into SJC. If it were truly a loser, do we think AS is dumb/poorly managed enough to continue?


This last weekend, I noticed five additional gates going up at the end of B-Concourse and they were at ground-level...but with jetways. Expansion for AS?
 
AirFiero
Posts: 1355
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:43 pm

Re: OAG Changes 5/12/2019:AA New Routes;AS Cuts SNA-PVR/SJD;DL Adds BOS-MIA/PUJ/SRQ,LAX-OMA;G4;HU Delays CTU-ORD;OZ Cuts

Tue May 14, 2019 7:24 am

wedgetail737 wrote:
AirFiero wrote:
tphuang wrote:

Right, because AS will continue to get more SNA slots every year, right?

At some point, AS will have to figure out if these LA area airport to SJC markets are worth it. 2 additional flights on SNA-SJC on OO is certainly going to loose money. Every data point shows LA area to SJC are among the lowest margined routes in west coast. OAK is clearly better due to lack of competition, but even SFO is a lot better. What does AS see in SJC?


Good question. AS seems to be putting a fair amount of resources into SJC. If it were truly a loser, do we think AS is dumb/poorly managed enough to continue?


This last weekend, I noticed five additional gates going up at the end of B-Concourse and they were at ground-level...but with jetways. Expansion for AS?


This has been my speculation.

I grew up in San Jose. I know the city, the politics and the attitude. They’re always ass-backwards on being proactive and ahead of the curve. Even though the growth at SJC the last few years has been explosive, I would be surprised if the city/airport leadership would be so proactive without an incentive. Maybe AS whispered in their ear?
 
tphuang
Posts: 3224
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: OAG Changes 5/12/2019:AA New Routes;AS Cuts SNA-PVR/SJD;DL Adds BOS-MIA/PUJ/SRQ,LAX-OMA;G4;HU Delays CTU-ORD;OZ Cuts

Tue May 14, 2019 10:39 am

tlecam wrote:
[quote=“tphuang”]
They've cut this route to once a day plenty of times before. Not sure what they are doing here still. Just as a comparison from Q4. They are far away the weakest here. I'm not sure what's the point of this route for them given where i think LAX ranks in their focus cities/hubs.
CityPair Dist Carrier Board AvgFare NSFare ConnFare % NS PerFlight # Flights LF Yield
BOSLAX 2611 AA 129808 274.76 271.05 355.18 95.59% 176.5 912 80.64% 218.58
BOSLAX 2611 AS 29124 221.7 219.75 323.34 98.12% 161.5 232 77.74% 170.83
BOSLAX 2611 B6 98143 301.88 301.43 376.07 99.39% 158.9 715 86.36% 260.3
BOSLAX 2611 DL 59850 305.44 301.15 360.36 92.76% 169.2 415 85.25% 256.73
BOSLAX 2611 UA 65602 288.73 284.12 377.97 95.10% 171.7 465 82.16% 233.43



Thanks for the numbers!

I’m a little shocked at AA’s yield relative to B6 and DL. It’s hard to really draw any conclusions in isolation, but it does seem that B6 is commanding a fare premium at higher LFs, and DL isn’t that far behind.

If you’d told me that in 2006 that DL and B6 would be the leaders on BOS-LAX (from a financial performance standpoint, not flights) rather than AA and UA, I’d have thought you were nuts.[/quote]

Thanks, I would like to think AA's under performance here is due to their lack of premium option up front. Also, they carried more passengers than DL and UA combined, which results in selling a lot of cheap seats and lower LF. Ideally, AA should get something like premium configured 757 here like what DL uses here rather than A321T.

AirFiero wrote:
Good question. AS seems to be putting a fair amount of resources into SJC. If it were truly a loser, do we think AS is dumb/poorly managed enough to continue?

sorry I don't want to come across as pissing on SJC. It's a battle for resources at AS in terms of which project to support. For something like extra slots at SNA, do you allocate it to SJC or SFO? I can understand the rationale for putting it on SJC, since WN went to 12x daily here. But they could also shift that to SFO, where they do perform better yield wise. As a whole, I think some of their decisions regarding SJC vs SFO/OAK like moving 1 JFK slot over to SJC just hasn't worked out thus far.
 
F27500
Posts: 671
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 12:52 am

Re: OAG Changes 5/12/2019:AA New Routes;AS Cuts SNA-PVR/SJD;DL Adds BOS-MIA/PUJ/SRQ,LAX-OMA;G4;HU Delays CTU-ORD;OZ Cuts

Tue May 14, 2019 1:29 pm

JetBlue mainline doing HPN-ACK ? Or is it a codeshare with Cape Air in a Cesspool402?
 
ROCDLFAN
Posts: 246
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 2:43 am

Re: OAG Changes 5/12/2019:AA New Routes;AS Cuts SNA-PVR/SJD;DL Adds BOS-MIA/PUJ/SRQ,LAX-OMA;G4;HU Delays CTU-ORD;OZ Cuts

Tue May 14, 2019 1:38 pm

maximairways wrote:
WeatherPilot wrote:
*DL MSP-SYR DEC 0.6>0.0[0.6]

DL usually stops this route in JAN and FEB before resuming in MAR. I guess this schedule update means they're adding DEC to the hiatus as well.


Looks to be the same for BUF based on bookings.


Same for ALB normally as well. Consistently for as long as I can remember, Roc is the only city in New York outside of NYC to maintain year round MSP service due to the significant amount of O/D traffic on the route. Generally over half the passengers on it are only going to MSP- and with the fares, the route makes a lot of money.
"The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of your coffee."
 
usairways85
Posts: 4031
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2001 11:59 am

Re: OAG Changes 5/12/2019:AA New Routes;AS Cuts SNA-PVR/SJD;DL Adds BOS-MIA/PUJ/SRQ,LAX-OMA;G4;HU Delays CTU-ORD;OZ Cuts

Tue May 14, 2019 1:54 pm

steeler83 wrote:
So BA LHR-PHL, I'm assuming that's going to 2x daily during the week while they maintain their daily 747 (BA066) Saturday and Sunday?

Schedule indicates the 2nd flight operates Sun/Mon/Tues/Weds/Fri. PHL-LHR segment is scheduled at the same time as the AA flight so there will be more tweaks.
 
tphuang
Posts: 3224
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: OAG Changes 5/12/2019:AA New Routes;AS Cuts SNA-PVR/SJD;DL Adds BOS-MIA/PUJ/SRQ,LAX-OMA;G4;HU Delays CTU-ORD;OZ Cuts

Tue May 14, 2019 2:14 pm

F27500 wrote:
JetBlue mainline doing HPN-ACK ? Or is it a codeshare with Cape Air in a Cesspool402?

They are running e90s here 5 days a week until end of September.
 
AirFiero
Posts: 1355
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:43 pm

Re: OAG Changes 5/12/2019:AA New Routes;AS Cuts SNA-PVR/SJD;DL Adds BOS-MIA/PUJ/SRQ,LAX-OMA;G4;HU Delays CTU-ORD;OZ Cuts

Tue May 14, 2019 3:09 pm

Edit
Last edited by AirFiero on Tue May 14, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
 
AirFiero
Posts: 1355
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:43 pm

Re: OAG Changes 5/12/2019:AA New Routes;AS Cuts SNA-PVR/SJD;DL Adds BOS-MIA/PUJ/SRQ,LAX-OMA;G4;HU Delays CTU-ORD;OZ Cuts

Tue May 14, 2019 3:12 pm

sorry I don't want to come across as pissing on SJC. It's a battle for resources at AS in terms of which project to support. For something like extra slots at SNA, do you allocate it to SJC or SFO? I can understand the rationale for putting it on SJC, since WN went to 12x daily here. But they could also shift that to SFO, where they do perform better yield wise. As a whole, I think some of their decisions regarding SJC vs SFO/OAK like moving 1 JFK slot over to SJC just hasn't worked out thus far.


It’s ok, tphuang, I always take your comments as even handed.

I’m curious how confident we can be in the conclusion that yields at SJC are not good, and are much better at SFO? This question compliments the next question...if AS is getting so much worse yield at SJC, why do they seem to be consistently moving resources from stations like SFO and SNA? One or two flights, maybe, but they’ve been steadily building SJC and noticeably moving resources from stations like SFO, SNA, and SAN. It would seem they see *something* there. The SNA-SJC deal suggests the new guy even thinks so, perhaps?
 
mcogator
Posts: 518
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:51 am

Re: OAG Changes 5/12/2019:AA New Routes;AS Cuts SNA-PVR/SJD;DL Adds BOS-MIA/PUJ/SRQ,LAX-OMA;G4;HU Delays CTU-ORD;OZ Cuts

Tue May 14, 2019 3:49 pm

I didn't see it in the past two updates, but DL decreased LAX-MCO from 21 to 18 weekly. They got rid of the 2nd flight on Tu,We, and Sa. I recieved the flight change email for my October flight a couple days ago.
“Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
 
WeatherPilot
Posts: 513
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:51 am

Re: OAG Changes 5/12/2019:AA New Routes;AS Cuts SNA-PVR/SJD;DL Adds BOS-MIA/PUJ/SRQ,LAX-OMA;G4;HU Delays CTU-ORD;OZ Cuts

Tue May 14, 2019 5:00 pm

ROCDLFAN wrote:
maximairways wrote:
WeatherPilot wrote:
*DL MSP-SYR DEC 0.6>0.0[0.6]

DL usually stops this route in JAN and FEB before resuming in MAR. I guess this schedule update means they're adding DEC to the hiatus as well.


Looks to be the same for BUF based on bookings.


Same for ALB normally as well. Consistently for as long as I can remember, Roc is the only city in New York outside of NYC to maintain year round MSP service due to the significant amount of O/D traffic on the route. Generally over half the passengers on it are only going to MSP- and with the fares, the route makes a lot of money.


I think they should do some BUF/SYR/ALB-SLC runs during their short hiatus to MSP. At least to gauge the market demand.
 
klakzky123
Posts: 663
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:05 am

Re: OAG Changes 5/12/2019:AA New Routes;AS Cuts SNA-PVR/SJD;DL Adds BOS-MIA/PUJ/SRQ,LAX-OMA;G4;HU Delays CTU-ORD;OZ Cuts

Tue May 14, 2019 5:13 pm

ROCDLFAN wrote:
maximairways wrote:
WeatherPilot wrote:
*DL MSP-SYR DEC 0.6>0.0[0.6]

DL usually stops this route in JAN and FEB before resuming in MAR. I guess this schedule update means they're adding DEC to the hiatus as well.


Looks to be the same for BUF based on bookings.


Same for ALB normally as well. Consistently for as long as I can remember, Roc is the only city in New York outside of NYC to maintain year round MSP service due to the significant amount of O/D traffic on the route. Generally over half the passengers on it are only going to MSP- and with the fares, the route makes a lot of money.


Is the O&D still strong? I know that Thomson Reuters killed the Rochester office which probably limits some corporate demand. Are there other major links between the two?
 
User avatar
redzeppelin
Posts: 1137
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:30 pm

Re: OAG Changes 5/12/2019:AA New Routes;AS Cuts SNA-PVR/SJD;DL Adds BOS-MIA/PUJ/SRQ,LAX-OMA;G4;HU Delays CTU-ORD;OZ Cuts

Tue May 14, 2019 5:35 pm

FlyingElvii wrote:
Loving all of these seats for SGU. It has long been my backdoor way into LAS. And you can’t beat the scenery on the drive.

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
For SGU they finally have the population and airport to fly these routes. It's so close to LAS home of low fares and non-stop to everywhere especially when you are "reverse" commuting fares can be a bargain out of LAS.

Hope these do well I see the SGU general are long term will just keep getting bigger and more tourists to Bruce/Zion national park people will start to consider it.


SGU will now have DL to SLC, UA to DEN and LAX, and AA to PHX and DFW, all operated by OO. It may not come for a while, but the next logical add would seem to be OO/UA to SFO. Will Allegiant resume the AZA service after the airport closure? They aren't currently selling any future dates.

I live in SLC, but most of the team I work with is in SGU and I visit there often. I love to see the new service, and hope it is sustainable. I wish I knew more about the financials, and the degree to which OO subsidizes the service as an employee shuttle and as a benefit to their HQ employees in St. George. I see the G4 service as a trial balloon to prove SGU's viability for other carriers--I hope that they keep it going.
 
Aliqiout
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:10 pm

Re: OAG Changes 5/12/2019:AA New Routes;AS Cuts SNA-PVR/SJD;DL Adds BOS-MIA/PUJ/SRQ,LAX-OMA;G4;HU Delays CTU-ORD;OZ Cuts

Tue May 14, 2019 5:49 pm

redzeppelin wrote:
FlyingElvii wrote:
Loving all of these seats for SGU. It has long been my backdoor way into LAS. And you can’t beat the scenery on the drive.

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
For SGU they finally have the population and airport to fly these routes. It's so close to LAS home of low fares and non-stop to everywhere especially when you are "reverse" commuting fares can be a bargain out of LAS.

Hope these do well I see the SGU general are long term will just keep getting bigger and more tourists to Bruce/Zion national park people will start to consider it.


SGU will now have DL to SLC, UA to DEN and LAX, and AA to PHX and DFW, all operated by OO. It may not come for a while, but the next logical add would seem to be OO/UA to SFO. Will Allegiant resume the AZA service after the airport closure? They aren't currently selling any future dates.

I live in SLC, but most of the team I work with is in SGU and I visit there often. I love to see the new service, and hope it is sustainable. I wish I knew more about the financials, and the degree to which OO subsidizes the service as an employee shuttle and as a benefit to their HQ employees in St. George. I see the G4 service as a trial balloon to prove SGU's viability for other carriers--I hope that they keep it going.

Another option that is possible is OO operated AS to SEA and/or SJC or SFO.
 
WA707atMSP
Posts: 1776
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:16 pm

Re: OAG Changes 5/12/2019:AA New Routes;AS Cuts SNA-PVR/SJD;DL Adds BOS-MIA/PUJ/SRQ,LAX-OMA;G4;HU Delays CTU-ORD;OZ Cuts

Wed May 15, 2019 1:53 am

ROCDLFAN wrote:
maximairways wrote:
WeatherPilot wrote:
*DL MSP-SYR DEC 0.6>0.0[0.6]

DL usually stops this route in JAN and FEB before resuming in MAR. I guess this schedule update means they're adding DEC to the hiatus as well.


Looks to be the same for BUF based on bookings.


Same for ALB normally as well. Consistently for as long as I can remember, Roc is the only city in New York outside of NYC to maintain year round MSP service due to the significant amount of O/D traffic on the route. Generally over half the passengers on it are only going to MSP- and with the fares, the route makes a lot of money.


Which company is responsible for the O&D traffic between ROC and MSP?
 
ROCDLFAN
Posts: 246
Joined: Fri May 01, 2015 2:43 am

Re: OAG Changes 5/12/2019:AA New Routes;AS Cuts SNA-PVR/SJD;DL Adds BOS-MIA/PUJ/SRQ,LAX-OMA;G4;HU Delays CTU-ORD;OZ Cuts

Wed May 15, 2019 2:19 am

WA707atMSP wrote:
ROCDLFAN wrote:
maximairways wrote:

Looks to be the same for BUF based on bookings.


Same for ALB normally as well. Consistently for as long as I can remember, Roc is the only city in New York outside of NYC to maintain year round MSP service due to the significant amount of O/D traffic on the route. Generally over half the passengers on it are only going to MSP- and with the fares, the route makes a lot of money.


Which company is responsible for the O&D traffic between ROC and MSP?


Thompson Reuter’s closing their ROC office I don’t think will have a big impact, it was an extremely small operation to begin with. Although a lot of it is just leisure travel (which has never made sense to me) I know for a fact Excellus BCBS takes some of the responsibility, between their downtown Rochester facility and their Eagan, MN operation.
"The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of your coffee."

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos