Slash787

Re: Air Peace Plans to Launch Johannesburg, London, Houston, Guangzhou and Mumbai; Most Likely from Lagos.

Thu May 16, 2019 4:12 pm

Can anyone post some cabin pictures? is it EK style? or a new cabin?

Edit - I found some photos, it is EK style.

https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/7 ... 2f3e658923
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DtfMzGyX4AANnzc.jpg

5NFGS

Re: Air Peace Plans to Launch Johannesburg, London, Houston, Guangzhou and Mumbai; Most Likely from Lagos.

Thu May 16, 2019 4:42 pm

usflyer msp wrote:
5NFGS wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:
"Just need to get the oil contracts"??? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Thanks for the big laugh of the day...

I agree that the big multinationals may not give Air Peace their business on long haul.

But the Nigerian government, on the basis of the Buy Nigerian Act and LOS/ABV/PHC/KAN based economic operators will sure love to patronize a Nigerian long haul operator that:
1. Collects fares in NGN without penalty. BA and KL especially have been fingered for charging higher fares on NGN Point of sale
2. Understands the average Nigerian's need for a large baggage allowance, especially to DXB and BOM for the traders
3. Serves decent NIGERIAN food
4. Operates a realistic schedule
5. Sticks to that schedule.

Arik did all of the above for the first 3 years, then LHR struck with inflated bills and general lack of cooperation approx 20 months after ops started.
his, according to many who worked and still work for W3, was influenced by BA's experiencing reducing yields.
W3 clawed traffic away from them both in LOS and ABV.

And before you say impossible to the allegation, remember AAB is on LHR's board.
And he owns 10% of IAG aka BA.

Anyhow, the above led to operational issues which started due to poor cash flow.
Why?
Poor cash flow was a result of Sir Ikhide (owner) insisting on maintaining LHR at loss, instead of making the more profitable JNB 2x daily.
JNB was W3's last long haul destination with B738.

Nigerian disease aka corruption struck.

Avoid Nigerian disease as much as you can and delay introducing LHR for as long as you can and your NGR based airline stands a better chance of survival.

1) Many carriers charge more in NGN due to its historic instability and associated difficulties converting it to hard currency and repatriating profits out of the country. It is difficult to make a profit when the funds you received have lost 20% of their value between booking and time of flight (admittedly the FGN has done a much better job with this the last year or so). The higher prices help compensate for that.

2) Increasing the baggage allowance might help P4 attract passengers but I fail to see how it makes them a sustainable, profitable carrier. They will dealing with the costs of burning more fuel and/or having more delayed baggage claims than their competitors with no additional revenue generated to compensate.

1. This only happens irregularly, but trust Western MSM to hype your bad news when it does happen.
No doubt forex is not as easy in Nigeria as in most other countries, but justifying a near 25% differential on a ticket flying in 72 hours with the above excuse is surely wrong.
We had NGN at 100-150 to the USD for about a decade.
Before that, >50 but <100 to the USD

2. Touche.
However, attracting pax for such a reason might allow them charge a premium, especially DXB (EK is always full) and BOM (no direct competition, be wary of ME3, ET and WB)
A 319/320/321,A 330-200/300, A 340-300/500/600, B 737-300/400/500,B 737-700/800,B 747-300/400,B 767-200 ER/300 ER, B 777-200/200 ER,CRJ 200/900/1000,DHC-8-300/Q 300, DC-10, ERJ-195,MD-11

5NFGS

Thu May 16, 2019 4:43 pm

mr02 wrote:
What's Air Peace's current fleet?

Approx 18 B 737 Classic, 6 ERJ-145 and the aforementioned 777 s
A 319/320/321,A 330-200/300, A 340-300/500/600, B 737-300/400/500,B 737-700/800,B 747-300/400,B 767-200 ER/300 ER, B 777-200/200 ER,CRJ 200/900/1000,DHC-8-300/Q 300, DC-10, ERJ-195,MD-11

AsoRock

Thu May 16, 2019 8:08 pm

I’m sorry to say but everything that Air Peace has done as of late does not make any financial sense. In fact, it’s plain obvious this is not a well managed airline. Just because they have captured market share lately (due to Arik Air and Aero financial difficulties) doesn’t make it a well run airline.

Lately, their aim was just to play with Nigerian people’s emotions as opposed to just focusing on good customer service. Why would you purchase ex Emirates aircraft and keep them in the exact same configuration , even their interior identity !!!! I mean the Emirates sand dunes concept belongs to Emirates alone. Why not develop your own identity? What distinguishes Air Peace from other, far better options like Ethiopian or Emirates on routes to China ?
Every other Nigerian airline that entered the long haul market ended up in the grave. P4 won’t fare better. Poor route planning, an aircraft fleet with literally a dozen aircraft types. And above all, a bizarre brand image that just doesn’t cut it for a long haul aspiring carrier.
P4 if objectively run (not emotively in the Nigerian fashsion) should have focused on the regional and domestic network and developed a single or two type fleet (737Ng and regional jet). But of course every Nigerian airline owner pursues ego and pride rather than sound business management.
I don’t see any Nigerian airline well run. Perhaps Green Africa will be but they don’t seem anywhere near ready to acquire an Airline license.

usflyer msp

Thu May 16, 2019 8:48 pm

5NFGS wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:
5NFGS wrote:

I agree that the big multinationals may not give Air Peace their business on long haul.

But the Nigerian government, on the basis of the Buy Nigerian Act and LOS/ABV/PHC/KAN based economic operators will sure love to patronize a Nigerian long haul operator that:
1. Collects fares in NGN without penalty. BA and KL especially have been fingered for charging higher fares on NGN Point of sale
2. Understands the average Nigerian's need for a large baggage allowance, especially to DXB and BOM for the traders
3. Serves decent NIGERIAN food
4. Operates a realistic schedule
5. Sticks to that schedule.

Arik did all of the above for the first 3 years, then LHR struck with inflated bills and general lack of cooperation approx 20 months after ops started.
his, according to many who worked and still work for W3, was influenced by BA's experiencing reducing yields.
W3 clawed traffic away from them both in LOS and ABV.

And before you say impossible to the allegation, remember AAB is on LHR's board.
And he owns 10% of IAG aka BA.

Anyhow, the above led to operational issues which started due to poor cash flow.
Why?
Poor cash flow was a result of Sir Ikhide (owner) insisting on maintaining LHR at loss, instead of making the more profitable JNB 2x daily.
JNB was W3's last long haul destination with B738.

Nigerian disease aka corruption struck.

Avoid Nigerian disease as much as you can and delay introducing LHR for as long as you can and your NGR based airline stands a better chance of survival.

1) Many carriers charge more in NGN due to its historic instability and associated difficulties converting it to hard currency and repatriating profits out of the country. It is difficult to make a profit when the funds you received have lost 20% of their value between booking and time of flight (admittedly the FGN has done a much better job with this the last year or so). The higher prices help compensate for that.

2) Increasing the baggage allowance might help P4 attract passengers but I fail to see how it makes them a sustainable, profitable carrier. They will dealing with the costs of burning more fuel and/or having more delayed baggage claims than their competitors with no additional revenue generated to compensate.

1. This only happens irregularly, but trust Western MSM to hype your bad news when it does happen.
No doubt forex is not as easy in Nigeria as in most other countries, but justifying a near 25% differential on a ticket flying in 72 hours with the above excuse is surely wrong.
We had NGN at 100-150 to the USD for about a decade.
Before that, >50 but <100 to the USD

2. Touche.
However, attracting pax for such a reason might allow them charge a premium, especially DXB (EK is always full) and BOM (no direct competition, be wary of ME3, ET and WB)

1) Does this look like a stable currency to you?

2) Has any Nigerian carrier ever been able to charge a premium? They always end up being the low-fare carrier on the long-haul routes they fly - attracting the lowest rung of travelers. This is why we see riots and disturbances when Nigerian carriers have operational issues because they fly around the passengers that don't have the financial resources to make alternate arrangements. I wasn't kidding when I suggested to C12Y400 configuration - it would be much more appropriate for the fares P4 is going to be able to charge.

smokeybandit

Thu May 16, 2019 11:28 pm

All we are saying...is give Air Peace a chance

mr02

Fri May 17, 2019 2:31 am

AsoRock wrote:
I’m sorry to say but everything that Air Peace has done as of late does not make any financial sense. In fact, it’s plain obvious this is not a well managed airline. Just because they have captured market share lately (due to Arik Air and Aero financial difficulties) doesn’t make it a well run airline.

Lately, their aim was just to play with Nigerian people’s emotions as opposed to just focusing on good customer service. Why would you purchase ex Emirates aircraft and keep them in the exact same configuration , even their interior identity !!!! I mean the Emirates sand dunes concept belongs to Emirates alone. Why not develop your own identity? What distinguishes Air Peace from other, far better options like Ethiopian or Emirates on routes to China ?
Every other Nigerian airline that entered the long haul market ended up in the grave. P4 won’t fare better. Poor route planning, an aircraft fleet with literally a dozen aircraft types. And above all, a bizarre brand image that just doesn’t cut it for a long haul aspiring carrier.
P4 if objectively run (not emotively in the Nigerian fashsion) should have focused on the regional and domestic network and developed a single or two type fleet (737Ng and regional jet). But of course every Nigerian airline owner pursues ego and pride rather than sound business management.
I don’t see any Nigerian airline well run. Perhaps Green Africa will be but they don’t seem anywhere near ready to acquire an Airline license.

You sir hit it right on the nail. If they get their things in order(domestically, regionally) and before GPA receive their first max 8,I think they might actually be able to do LH flights to the US but anything to the eastern hemisphere,no.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos