N766UA

Re: JetBlue switches from Coke to Pepsi

Thu May 16, 2019 8:58 pm

Pepsi seriously blows. Lame move, B6!

Super80Fan

Thu May 16, 2019 9:00 pm

Wait a minute, they're switching over to Pepsi products and aren't even introducing Dr. Pepper???? What a shame.
RIP McDonnell Douglas

exmike

Thu May 16, 2019 9:13 pm

CobaltScar wrote:
lostsound wrote:
That's disappointing, though I'm glad Canada Dry is still the ginger ale option.

still? Its Seagrams now

How does everyone feel about them going from passing out bottles of water to now handing you a cup of water? Will you continue to ask for your softdrink or coffee and some water? Or skip the water since its in cup.

I feel good about it. There are enough plastic bottles in the world already. A cup may be a tad less plastic and thats a start.

UALFAson

Thu May 16, 2019 9:23 pm

Airlines0613 wrote:
Glad to hear! I am one of the few that prefer Pepsi over Coke products. Now, if this only happened to UA, my dream would come true!

UA already switched from Coke to Pepsi in 2002 and it was a huge disaster. My mom said passengers constantly complained and UA eventually somehow got out of their contract and went back to Coke products, which they still serve.

I realize this was a while ago and anything can happen for the right price, but I would imagine they would be hesitant to take that risk again.
"We hope you've enjoyed flying with us as much as we've enjoyed taking you for a ride."

Bluewho

Thu May 16, 2019 9:30 pm

exmike wrote:
CobaltScar wrote:
lostsound wrote:
That's disappointing, though I'm glad Canada Dry is still the ginger ale option.

still? Its Seagrams now

How does everyone feel about them going from passing out bottles of water to now handing you a cup of water? Will you continue to ask for your softdrink or coffee and some water? Or skip the water since its in cup.

I feel good about it. There are enough plastic bottles in the world already. A cup may be a tad less plastic and thats a start.

I do enjoy the environment debate about plastic while flying around in an airplane that’s spewing out exhaust. This is simply cost cutting. Not sure what’s left after this.

77H

Thu May 16, 2019 9:31 pm

Airlines0613 wrote:
Glad to hear! I am one of the few that prefer Pepsi over Coke products. Now, if this only happened to UA, my dream would come true!

“Don’t you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby”.

To each his own but I cannot think of a single product in the Pepsi line that’s superior to Coke products. Like a poster said above, Pepsi products taste more subdued, almost flat comparatively.

77H

fpetrutiu

Thu May 16, 2019 9:34 pm

richierich wrote:
CobaltScar wrote:
lostsound wrote:

still? Its Seagrams now

How many other airlines use Pepsi? I feel like most US domestic carriers are Coke only.

Coke versus Pepsi, seriously? If I'm at a restaurant and order a Coke and the waiter says "WE only have Pepsi, is that okay?", does anybody actually turn it down? I mean, you are already going down the sugary drink avenue at that point, how many could even tell the difference in a blind taste test? Unless I worked for one company or the other, I could care less if they gave me Coke, Pepsi, RC, Polar or Sam's Club cola.

To me, losing the individual water bottles is the bigger story here. I get that it is more environmentally responsible to do away with small, individual sized bottles, but I am less a fan of having water given to me in a plastic cup (which can't be any better for the environment than a recyclable plastic bottle, can it?) I like having a water bottle to hold or keep in the seat pouch during descent, it's much harder to do that with a cup. I wish more airports had chilled water dispensers for resuable bottles...I've seen a few in my travels but they are not commonplace. I guess that's going to be my next mandatory travel accessory.

I do, I wouldn't drink a Pepsi to save my life. I actually avoid restaurants that I know to have Pepsi products.
Florin
Orlando, FL

lightsaber

Thu May 16, 2019 9:37 pm

Super80Fan wrote:
Wait a minute, they're switching over to Pepsi products and aren't even introducing Dr. Pepper???? What a shame.

What?!?

Tech people need:
A Diet soda, any will do. Mass quantities.
Dr. Pepper.
Mountain Dew

Energy drinks (BOB?)

Alright, now a us vs. them topic I understand!

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

LDRA

Thu May 16, 2019 9:49 pm

Makes sense, to align with the blue scheme

LDRA

Thu May 16, 2019 9:50 pm

Makes sense, to align with the blue scheme

PVDBOSflyer

Thu May 16, 2019 9:50 pm

While I certainly like Coke over Pepsi products, this would never influence my decision whether or not to fly JetBlue. Always interesting to read the outrage on here, always entertaining!

ozark1

Thu May 16, 2019 9:56 pm

Years ago AA had both Coke and Pepsi. No one was drinking the Pepsi so they took it off. I'm glad. I guess since AA is DFW based we'll always have Dr. Pepper (YEAH!), but it doesn't look like B6 will have Mr. Pibb which I think is the Pepsi version of it. The most popular things are Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Ginger Ale (we use tons of it), Sierra Mist and Apple Juice. But by far the most requested item is water! Healthy and in plentiful supply onboard.

Iluvtofly

Thu May 16, 2019 10:15 pm

Good grief ..... only citizens of the USA would find this to be an issue worth discussing !!!! But then only a US airline would serve a hamburger in the 1st cabin LOL
Flown - B707 727 737 747 757 767 777 787 A300 310 319 320 321 330 340 Concorde BAC111 TU154 VC10 F27 F28 F100 DC3 DC8 DC9 DC10 L1011 L188 DHC6 DHC7 DHC8 E135 E145 HS748 MD11 ST27 CV580 S340 ATR42 J31

Bluewho

Thu May 16, 2019 10:17 pm

Iluvtofly wrote:
Good grief ..... only citizens of the USA would find this to be an issue worth discussing !!!! But then only a US airline would serve a hamburger in the 1st cabin LOL

Yes but only with a coke :)

lostsound

Thu May 16, 2019 10:27 pm

CobaltScar wrote:
lostsound wrote:

still? Its Seagrams now

Oh interesting. Canada Dry is more typically paired with Coke products and Seagrams or Schweppes with Pepsi.

Slash787

Thu May 16, 2019 10:34 pm

They wanted to go more blue

TheFlyingDisk

Thu May 16, 2019 10:42 pm

richierich wrote:
Coke versus Pepsi, seriously? If I'm at a restaurant and order a Coke and the waiter says "WE only have Pepsi, is that okay?", does anybody actually turn it down? I mean, you are already going down the sugary drink avenue at that point, how many could even tell the difference in a blind taste test? Unless I worked for one company or the other, I could care less if they gave me Coke, Pepsi, RC, Polar or Sam's Club cola.

I would. Pepsi's too sweet for my tastebuds, even Diet Pepsi.

So yeah, no JetBlue for me then.
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO

GlobalAirways

Thu May 16, 2019 10:43 pm

I think Pepsi has a very noticeable metallic aftertaste at high altitude (regular and unleaded).
There is little difference in people, but that little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude. The big difference is whether it is positive or negative. ~ W. Clement Stone

Erebus

Thu May 16, 2019 10:44 pm

Hooray for a Coke vs. Pepsi thread! :spin:

Slightly off topic, but can anyone tell me what they legit serve on Korean Air?

jumpseat67

Thu May 16, 2019 10:55 pm

Hopefully being bought by UA is off now also...Pepsi over Coke is a deal breaker.

DDR

Thu May 16, 2019 11:04 pm

PVDBOSflyer wrote:
While I certainly like Coke over Pepsi products, this would never influence my decision whether or not to fly JetBlue. Always interesting to read the outrage on here, always entertaining!

Agreed. And lmao to the person who "avoids airlines that serve Pepsi products." I mean really? LOL

AirKevin

Thu May 16, 2019 11:14 pm

Airlines0613 wrote:

They did at some point. When I flew them in 2006, they had Pepsi. When I flew them again in 2009, it was Coke and has been since then.
richierich wrote:
How many other airlines use Pepsi? I feel like most US domestic carriers are Coke only.

Not sure about currently, but United had Pepsi at some point.
Captain Kevin

DLASFlyer

Thu May 16, 2019 11:17 pm

No fan of Pepsi but the Bubly Lime sparking water (LaCroix knockoff) is a nice addition.

impilot

Thu May 16, 2019 11:24 pm

jumpseat67 wrote:
Hopefully being bought by UA is off now also...Pepsi over Coke is a deal breaker.

NWA switched to Pepsi right before their merger with DAL, so.....pretty much means the UA/B6 merger is back on.

smokeybandit

Thu May 16, 2019 11:26 pm

Pepsi = Coke that has been left opened in the fridge for a few days

LH748

Thu May 16, 2019 11:35 pm

Wish they had Diet Dr Pepper like AA
306 310 318 319 320 321 333 343 388 ATR72 733 737 738 739 743 744 748 752 753 763 764 772 77W 788 CRJ7 CRJ9 E170 F100 MD11 RJ1H
AA AB AC AF AK AZ BA DE DL EW FD FR HF HG IB IR MF KU LH LT LX OD TG TK TP UA VJ VN WN W6 YP YW

gatibosgru

Thu May 16, 2019 11:49 pm

DLASFlyer wrote:
No fan of Pepsi but the Bubly Lime sparking water (LaCroix knockoff) is a nice addition.

It's the slightest of silver lining!
@DadCelo

StrandedAtMKG

Thu May 16, 2019 11:55 pm

This thread is a hot mess. What kind of pop B6 serves on board is the least of their problems right now (and if they can save two cents per passenger on pop more power to them).

(That said, Diet Pepsi tastes like Diet Coke mixed with Drano.)

RWA380

Fri May 17, 2019 12:09 am

The fact this thread has garnered over 70 replies in less than 6 hours suggests it's a slow news day. Or that people care this much about soda. Whomever suggested that it's Coke & Whiskey or Whiskey on the rocks, no pepsi, you have the most solid response.
707, 717, 720, 727-1/2, 737-1/2/3/4/5/7/8/9, 747-1/2/3, 757, 767-2/3/4, 777-2/3, DC8, DC9, MD80/2/7/8, D10-1/3/4, M11, L10-2/5, A300/310/319/320
AA AC AQ BD BN CO CS DL EA EZ HA HG HP KL KN MP MW NK NW OZ PA PS QX RC RH RW SA TG TW UA US VS WA WN WP YS 8M

exmike

Fri May 17, 2019 12:12 am

Bluewho wrote:
exmike wrote:
CobaltScar wrote:

still? Its Seagrams now

I do enjoy the environment debate about plastic while flying around in an airplane that’s spewing out exhaust. This is simply cost cutting. Not sure what’s left after this.

No single snowflake thinks it’s the cause of an avalanche. Cost cutting or not do you deny less plastic isn’t a good thing? It is so strange to me when people think conserving a bit here and there is pointless.

wjcandee

Fri May 17, 2019 12:16 am

Obviously, nobody watched SNL in the Belushi era.

The NYC Greek Diner skits... Perfect for NYC's B6.

"NO COKE! PEPSI !!"

(Cheebuggy, Cheebuggy, Cheebuggy!)

santi319

Fri May 17, 2019 12:18 am

First theres pepsi then Europe in widebodies imminent!!

Bluewho

Fri May 17, 2019 12:21 am

exmike wrote:
Bluewho wrote:
exmike wrote:

No single snowflake thinks it’s the cause of an avalanche. Cost cutting or not do you deny less plastic isn’t a good thing? It is so strange to me when people think conserving a bit here and there is pointless.

No I just find it ironic that’s all. Better idea and it might already be there but JetBlue could sell some carbon offsets to its passengers to make up for flying in a polluting machine while worried about plastic cups. So they went from recycling bottles to throw away plastic cups and yet that saves the environment?

exmike

Fri May 17, 2019 12:23 am

Bluewho wrote:
exmike wrote:
Bluewho wrote:

No I just find it ironic that’s all. Better idea and it might already be there but JetBlue could sell some carbon offsets to its passengers to make up for flying in a polluting machine while worried about plastic cups. So they went from recycling bottles to throw away plastic cups and yet that saves the environment?

They recycle the cups. But agree a carbon offset may help us buy our way out of our guilt over the carbon footprint of air travel.

dc10lover

Fri May 17, 2019 12:23 am

Wish 100% organic fruit juice was cheap. My very favorite juice is Dole: Orange - Strawberry - Banana juice. I much prefer eating and drinking healthy.
Why endure the nightmare and congestion of LAX when BUR, LGB, ONT & SNA is so much easier to fly in and out of. Same with OAK & SJC when it comes to SFO.

dredgy

Fri May 17, 2019 12:27 am

N809FR wrote:
I’ll take a whiskey and coke please! Oh, you only have Pepsi? Guess I’ll just take whiskey.

Back in the day I used to work at a hotel that only served Pepsi products. Since rum and coke is such a popular order I’d never tell anybody and not a single person out of tens of thousands ever tasted the difference. However if you say “I’ve only got Pepsi” and they’re like “fine then” then the complaint ratio is like 95% saying that it tastes different and is terrible. Was super interesting to me.

RollerRB211

Fri May 17, 2019 12:58 am

dc10lover wrote:
Wish 100% organic fruit juice was cheap. My very favorite juice is Dole: Orange - Strawberry - Banana juice. I much prefer eating and drinking healthy.

Drinking fruit juice is not healthy.

Bluewho

Fri May 17, 2019 1:07 am

exmike wrote:
Bluewho wrote:
exmike wrote:

They recycle the cups. But agree a carbon offset may help us buy our way out of our guilt over the carbon footprint of air travel.

Are you sure about that. Been in the back quite a bit and haven’t seen that. As for the guilt part, if its that important don’t fly. I don’t feel guilty in the least.
Carbon offsets are like cheating on your spouse and writing a check to charity. You are still participating in the thing that is adding pollution. Anyway we will see how it goes. From what I understand this is a money issue. They are spinning it as this is what people want and will help pay for a better inflight experience....free WiFi leg room better entertainment all that, but I thought that is why they added seats. They talk in circles.

EvanWSFO

Fri May 17, 2019 1:45 am

drdisque wrote:
RL757PVD wrote:
I assume they wont be able to cater those airplanes in ATL and have to tanker in soda from JFK/BOS/MCO

I don't know if that was a joke but you can certainly buy Pepsi in Atlanta. Pepsi even has a bottling plant there.

Years ago I was non-revving with a friend on DL. I asked for Pepsi and he told me he could lose his job. I assume it was a joke, but Atlanta takes their Coke seriously.
I have been on this site 15 years. A unrecoverable email account led me to starting over. Those of you who call me a rookie, you may stop ok?

tharanga

Fri May 17, 2019 1:50 am

richierich wrote:

To me, losing the individual water bottles is the bigger story here. I get that it is more environmentally responsible to do away with small, individual sized bottles, but I am less a fan of having water given to me in a plastic cup (which can't be any better for the environment than a recyclable plastic bottle, can it?) I like having a water bottle to hold or keep in the seat pouch during descent, it's much harder to do that with a cup..

This. This is the bigger news. Yes, it's an overall good to cut back on the use of plastic, but the little bottle was so much better than a cup. No need to worry about turbulence spilling your drink. You can stash it anywhere. You can take it with you.

admanager

Fri May 17, 2019 2:10 am

Sierra Mist has such a poor market position, the Pepsi bottler in Yakima WA doesn't carry it and has kept 7-UP.
Dr. Pepper is part of the "Keurig Dr Pepper" company,
Pepsi will have paid a LOT of money for this!

7673mech

Fri May 17, 2019 2:20 am

Haha... Shows how unhealthy we are here in the states, debating sugary beverages.

Only few mentioned the loss of bottled water. I believe this to be the true travesty here. Will have to tanker my water.

Any thing out of the pitcher can potentially be out of the airplane.

airtrantpa

Fri May 17, 2019 3:39 am

Awesome, coke is way to syrupy it sticks to my teeth. I like a pop that won’t melt away battery acid. I was stoked that when I flew TZ to Hawaii they had Pepsi. I wish all carriers had Pepsi on their planes. However I usually just drink a ginger ale or a scotch on the plane.
AVL my new Hometown airport! Farewell TPA

727LOVER

Fri May 17, 2019 3:50 am

93 replies over T H I S ???!???!!!
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

XRadar98

Fri May 17, 2019 3:57 am

wjcandee wrote:
Obviously, nobody watched SNL in the Belushi era.

The NYC Greek Diner skits... Perfect for NYC's B6.

"NO COKE! PEPSI !!"

(Cheebuggy, Cheebuggy, Cheebuggy!)

I expected this in the first 2 posts, not the 81st! I guess I’m getting old!

KBUF

Fri May 17, 2019 3:57 am

platts wrote:
WN does serve some of the Keurig Dr Pepper beverage brands on its flights, including Dr Pepper, 7-up, Canada Dry, and Mott's, and both WN and Dr Pepper have their headquarters in the DFW Metroplex.

So how long until WN switches to RC Cola? :duck:
"Starting today, the Buffalo Sabres' reason for existence will be to win a Stanley Cup."-Terry Pegula, February 22, 2011

grbauc

Fri May 17, 2019 3:58 am

uuuggggg I hate Pepsi coke is much better. More Coke fans then Pepsi. Coke mixes better with hard drinks. Nobody says give me a rum and Pepsi please... Pepsi is sweet and for Mountain dew drinking kids. Just my ranting. I know many others think different

ctrabs0114

Fri May 17, 2019 4:12 am

ozark1 wrote:
Years ago AA had both Coke and Pepsi. No one was drinking the Pepsi so they took it off. I'm glad. I guess since AA is DFW based we'll always have Dr. Pepper (YEAH!), but it doesn't look like B6 will have Mr. Pibb which I think is the Pepsi version of it. The most popular things are Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Ginger Ale (we use tons of it), Sierra Mist and Apple Juice. But by far the most requested item is water! Healthy and in plentiful supply onboard.

I can think of numerous reasons not avoid the glorified regional carrier that's pretending to be a national carrier in B6; Pepsi over Coke is probably at the bottom of the list.
2019: DAL, MCI, PHX, LAS, DFW, SAT, ORD, SLC, SEA, DTW; B73G (WN x3), B738 (WN, AA, DL), A20N (NK), MD83 (AA), B788 (AA x2), CS1 (DL), 739 (DL), 712 (DL)
Next: AA: DFW-PHL (752), PHL-MIA (763), MIA-LAX (77W), LAX-DFW (789)

ctrabs0114

Fri May 17, 2019 4:13 am

EvanWSFO wrote:
Years ago I was non-revving with a friend on DL. I asked for Pepsi and he told me he could lose his job. I assume it was a joke, but Atlanta takes their Coke seriously.

Texans are pretty much the same way when it comes to Dr. Pepper...
2019: DAL, MCI, PHX, LAS, DFW, SAT, ORD, SLC, SEA, DTW; B73G (WN x3), B738 (WN, AA, DL), A20N (NK), MD83 (AA), B788 (AA x2), CS1 (DL), 739 (DL), 712 (DL)
Next: AA: DFW-PHL (752), PHL-MIA (763), MIA-LAX (77W), LAX-DFW (789)

snasteve

Fri May 17, 2019 4:46 am

spinotter wrote:
BlueberryWheats wrote:
Meh, Pepsi is better than coke anyway. :duck:

All soft drinks are sugar-filled awful tasting beverages not even worthy of a child's taste.

That reminds me when I went to Europe I ordered a Coke. What I got was something room temperature and I had to request ice. I received two small cubes.

Without all the ice to freeze my tongue I realized how bad the stuff tasted. I still can’t drink at room temperature.

Pepsi makes me think of Joan Crawford.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos