snasteve

Re: JetBlue switches from Coke to Pepsi

Fri May 17, 2019 4:54 am

Iluvtofly wrote:
Good grief ..... only citizens of the USA would find this to be an issue worth discussing !!!! But then only a US airline would serve a hamburger in the 1st cabin LOL

My Europeans snob detector just went off. There will be snootiness.

exmike

Fri May 17, 2019 5:02 am

snasteve wrote:
Iluvtofly wrote:
Good grief ..... only citizens of the USA would find this to be an issue worth discussing !!!! But then only a US airline would serve a hamburger in the 1st cabin LOL

My Europeans snob detector just went off. There will be snootiness.

Haha yeah only Europeans would block a middle seat and call it first class!

wjcandee

Fri May 17, 2019 5:11 am

XRadar98 wrote:
wjcandee wrote:
Obviously, nobody watched SNL in the Belushi era.

The NYC Greek Diner skits... Perfect for NYC's B6.

"NO COKE! PEPSI !!"

(Cheebuggy, Cheebuggy, Cheebuggy!)

I expected this in the first 2 posts, not the 81st! I guess I’m getting old!

Right?! Makes me feel ancient. I thought it was so obvious...

I think Belushi almost says "Petsi" most of the time, and usually "cheeseburgy" -- in the link below they only do the latter towards the end.

For the younguns, it was a recurring skit; here's a decent version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puJePACBoIo

wjcandee

Fri May 17, 2019 5:20 am

If I had some design skills, I would do up a "No Coke! Petsi." meme for B6.

P1aneMad

Fri May 17, 2019 6:27 am

John Belushi, Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd flipping burgers. Now THAT was proper SNL!

wjcandee

Fri May 17, 2019 6:41 am

P1aneMad wrote:
John Belushi, Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd flipping burgers. Now THAT was proper SNL!

Indeed it was!

planecane

Fri May 17, 2019 6:59 am

Airlines0613 wrote:
Glad to hear! I am one of the few that prefer Pepsi over Coke products. Now, if this only happened to UA, my dream would come true!

For the cola based products, coke is much better in my opinion. For the other flavors (especially the variations of mountain dew) Pepsi wins by a mile.

malaysia

Fri May 17, 2019 7:07 am

Sierra Mist... never liked that stuff..... like some store brand lemon lime thing.... I love Mountain Dew and airlines need to always have it mandatory if they are Pepsi carriers cause I hate Pepsi..... However I do enjoy Southwest for Dr. Pepper which is rare for most carriers and I did like when America West had Arizona Iced Tea back in the days.

While we are at it... does an airline even exist that runs strictly on a KDP product agreement? Imagine having Cactus Cooler, 7-Up, Nehi, Squirt, Crush, and all the good stuff minus RC Cola...
There Are Those Who Believe That There May Yet Be Other Airlines Who Even Now Fight To Survive Beyond The Heavens

CairnterriAIR

Fri May 17, 2019 10:47 am

Damn them to Hell.

EvanWSFO

Fri May 17, 2019 1:24 pm

ctrabs0114 wrote:
EvanWSFO wrote:
Years ago I was non-revving with a friend on DL. I asked for Pepsi and he told me he could lose his job. I assume it was a joke, but Atlanta takes their Coke seriously.

Texans are pretty much the same way when it comes to Dr. Pepper...

Oh yeah, I live there part time. BIG time drink here.
I have been on this site 15 years. A unrecoverable email account led me to starting over. Those of you who call me a rookie, you may stop ok?

HPRamper

Fri May 17, 2019 1:31 pm

KBUF wrote:
platts wrote:
WN does serve some of the Keurig Dr Pepper beverage brands on its flights, including Dr Pepper, 7-up, Canada Dry, and Mott's, and both WN and Dr Pepper have their headquarters in the DFW Metroplex.

So how long until WN switches to RC Cola? :duck:

YES. Was hoping someone would mention Royal Crown.

ozark1

Fri May 17, 2019 1:42 pm

This thread has a lot of replies because it's FUN, it's LIGHTHEARTED. Instead of arrogant insults back and forth like i'm so used to seeing on here, every now and then it's enjoyable to just talk about beverages! I welcome any break from stress that I can get!

catiii

Fri May 17, 2019 1:50 pm

I know that soda selection is my chief driver for choosing an airline. Forget price, schedule, frequency...

Such manufactured outrage :)

cranberrysaus

Fri May 17, 2019 2:19 pm

Here in Atlanta if they catch you drinking a pepsi they put you in the stocks and shame you.

vrbarreto

Fri May 17, 2019 2:53 pm

Have none of you tried the King of cola, the communistic Kofola. Far superior, followed by thums up and then slivovica

vrbarreto

Fri May 17, 2019 2:54 pm

cranberrysaus wrote:
Here in Atlanta if they catch you drinking a pepsi they put you in the stocks and shame you.

Surely drinking Pepsi was shame enough?

boeingguy1

Fri May 17, 2019 2:58 pm

Do they still serve booze?

Yes?

Great!
"...Gatwick South!? Id rather crash in Brighton!"

F9LASDEN

Fri May 17, 2019 3:17 pm

ozark1 wrote:
This thread has a lot of replies because it's FUN, it's LIGHTHEARTED. Instead of arrogant insults back and forth like i'm so used to seeing on here, every now and then it's enjoyable to just talk about beverages! I welcome any break from stress that I can get!

Exactly the same reason that I find myself enjoying this thread.
Spirit of the West...A Whole Different Animal...Low Fares Done Right

UALFAson

Fri May 17, 2019 3:21 pm

Also, for the record, there is no period in the brand name Dr Pepper.

You're welcome. The more you know.

While we're at it, Dr Pepper is not part of PepsiCo; they were bought by Keurig Green Mountain last year and the company was renamed Keurig Dr Pepper. Dr Pepper is sometimes served at establishments that serve Pepsi products under separate contract because Pepsi does not have a similarly flavored product the way Coke has Mr. Pibb. Though some restaurants that serve Coke products also serve Dr Pepper specifically--McDonald's comes to mind.
"We hope you've enjoyed flying with us as much as we've enjoyed taking you for a ride."

EWR22LAS25

Fri May 17, 2019 3:41 pm

Pepsi is like drinking wet garbage.

The water switch, while a smart "green move", looks like they're doing it to be cheap, which is probably the motivation. Not the brand I was once proud to represent.

SoCalFlyer

Fri May 17, 2019 4:15 pm

Super80Fan wrote:
Wait a minute, they're switching over to Pepsi products and aren't even introducing Dr. Pepper???? What a shame.

You do realize that Dr.Pepper isn’t a PepsiCo product, right? Has nothing at all to do with Pepsi

richiemo

Fri May 17, 2019 4:52 pm

terrible!!!!! Is it me or did it used to seem like it was 80% coke, 20% pepsi everywhere. Now way too much pepsi. Tragic

ricport

Fri May 17, 2019 5:55 pm

RollerRB211 wrote:
dc10lover wrote:
Wish 100% organic fruit juice was cheap. My very favorite juice is Dole: Orange - Strawberry - Banana juice. I much prefer eating and drinking healthy.

Drinking fruit juice is not healthy.

These responses remind me of an episode of "Taxi," where Louie is in the hospital, and is visited by the cabbies:

Louie: "Here, have a chocolate."

John: "No thank you, I only eat natural things."

Louie: "How about a sack of dirt?"

mattyfitzg

Fri May 17, 2019 6:22 pm

How on earth has this discussion got 3 pages? Coke to Pepsi? Spectacular.......

I hear they changed their scent of Air Freshener too, can we have a 3 page thread on that.
I'm sure one of the crew used a different body spray today too, where's the thread for that? :lol:

dmstorm22

Fri May 17, 2019 6:33 pm

mattyfitzg wrote:
How on earth has this discussion got 3 pages? Coke to Pepsi? Spectacular.......

I hear they changed their scent of Air Freshener too, can we have a 3 page thread on that.
I'm sure one of the crew used a different body spray today too, where's the thread for that? :lol:

Why is the fact that people are replying to this thread bothering people?

Hiow about this, sometimes it is fun to just take part in mindless debate for a while.

WingsOfLove

Fri May 17, 2019 6:41 pm

[quote="mattyfitzg"]Fair point.....Coke to Pepsi it is :lol:[/q]

:bigthumbsup:

phllax

Fri May 17, 2019 7:14 pm

dredgy wrote:
Back in the day I used to work at a hotel that only served Pepsi products. Since rum and coke is such a popular order I’d never tell anybody and not a single person out of tens of thousands ever tasted the difference. However if you say “I’ve only got Pepsi” and they’re like “fine then” then the complaint ratio is like 95% saying that it tastes different and is terrible. Was super interesting to me.

Did you work at a Marriott? The story about how they came to serve Pepsi is legendary. Old Man Marriott went to Coke in Atlanta to ask them to be the exclusive provider at his new hotel chain and they laughed him out the door. He went directly to Pepsi and never looked back.

phllax

Fri May 17, 2019 7:16 pm

The issue about the end of mini water bottles brings up a good question about what they'll do in the self-serve marketplace on the Mint 321's.

Super80Fan

Fri May 17, 2019 7:18 pm

SoCalFlyer wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:
Wait a minute, they're switching over to Pepsi products and aren't even introducing Dr. Pepper???? What a shame.

You do realize that Dr.Pepper isn’t a PepsiCo product, right? Has nothing at all to do with Pepsi

Thanks for the snark. I do realize that Dr. Pepper is not a PepsiCo product but usually with the various contracts restaurants have Dr. Pepper is usually included with Pepsi products and Coke on the other-hand tries to use their own Pibb.
RIP McDonnell Douglas

pitbosflyer

Fri May 17, 2019 7:37 pm

Millennial here....people actually drink soda?? :o Its honestly so sweet, I can't even do it. Plus its just so bad for you.

WayexTDI

Fri May 17, 2019 7:42 pm

phllax wrote:
The issue about the end of mini water bottles brings up a good question about what they'll do in the self-serve marketplace on the Mint 321's.

Leave the bottle.

AF leaves a self-service cart on long-haul flights in between services; it has big bottles of water and 2-liter bottles of soda. Not a problem, you grab a cup, grab some ice (optional), twist the cap and pour yourself your drink.

johns624

Fri May 17, 2019 8:06 pm

Canada Dry, Schweppes, Seagrams...who cares? Everyone knows that the best ginger ale of all time is VERNOR'S!!!

LovePrunesAnet

Fri May 17, 2019 8:14 pm

spinotter wrote:
BlueberryWheats wrote:
Meh, Pepsi is better than coke anyway. :duck:

All soft drinks are sugar-filled awful tasting beverages not even worthy of a child's taste.

plenty of carbonated soft drinks are sugar free. #GetDownOffTheHighhorse

sw733 wrote:
deltaffindfw wrote:
dfwjim1 wrote:
Is it possible for an airline to carry both Coke and Pepsi?

AA had both Coke and Pepsi products pre-merger.

Those were great days. I prefer Pepsi to Coke, but Diet Coke to Diet Pepsi, so having the option of both depending on my mood was :bigthumbsup:

To me: Diet Pepsi>Coke Zero>Pepsi Max /Pepsi Zero>Diet Coke > Coke > Pepsi
Diet Sierra Mist>Diet 7 Up>Sprite Zero
I really did like AA having both company's drinks, too.

StrandedAtMKG wrote:
This thread is a hot mess. What kind of pop B6 serves on board is the least of their problems right now (and if they can save two cents per passenger on pop more power to them).

(That said, Diet Pepsi tastes like Diet Coke mixed with Drano.)

It's NOT pop! It's a coke or soda, regardless of flavor/brand.
As in:
Q "What kind of coke do you want?"
A "I want a Sprite"

mattyfitzg

Fri May 17, 2019 8:26 pm

LovePrunesAnet wrote:
It's NOT pop! It's a coke or soda, regardless of flavor/brand.
As in:
Q "What kind of coke do you want?"
A "I want a Sprite"

If I asked someone what kind of Coke they want, and they said Sprite, they'd get pepto and/or a slap.

spinotter

Fri May 17, 2019 8:31 pm

LovePrunesAnet wrote:
spinotter wrote:
BlueberryWheats wrote:
Meh, Pepsi is better than coke anyway. :duck:

All soft drinks are sugar-filled awful tasting beverages not even worthy of a child's taste.

plenty of carbonated soft drinks are sugar free. #GetDownOffTheHighhorse

Whether soft drinks contains sugar, agave, stevia, high fructose corn syrup, or any other sugar substitute, they are designed to appeal to the taste buds of an infant.

MartijnNL

Fri May 17, 2019 8:39 pm

Iluvtofly wrote:
Good grief ..... only citizens of the USA would find this to be an issue worth discussing !!!! (...)

Absolutely not! As a European I am equally annoyed when airlines or restaurants only serve Pepsi Cola and not Coca Cola. Every time I get offered Pepsi I make a mental note to avoid this company in the future.

Sometimes waiters apologize to me, because they are 'forced' to sell Pepsi. Why can't companies put both Coke and Pepsi on the menu and let the customers decide what they would like to drink?
Last edited by MartijnNL on Fri May 17, 2019 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

av8orwalk
Topic Author

Fri May 17, 2019 8:49 pm

phllax wrote:

Small bottles of Niagara water will be available in the Pantry (formerly Marketplace) on the 321 Mint and 321NEO (which will ALL have the Pantry).
The safest place to be in an airplane crash is on the ground.

iseeyyc

Fri May 17, 2019 8:59 pm

pitbosflyer wrote:
Millennial here....people actually drink soda?? :o Its honestly so sweet, I can't even do it. Plus its just so bad for you.

coke and pepsi have nothing on sparkling water with (organic) lemon slices

don0245

Fri May 17, 2019 9:07 pm

[img]Chill out ladies, it’s a friggin soft drink!
[/img]

TWA302

Fri May 17, 2019 9:19 pm

In all of the years on this site, I NEVER thought a thread about an airline changing soda brands would grow to 3+ pages of discussion.

PDX88

Fri May 17, 2019 9:35 pm

I don't understand the Pepsi hate. Does everyone feel like they have to pick a side and just choose to pretend to hate Pepsi? It's okay to prefer one over the other but like both. I have a hard time believing a lot of you saying Pepsi is gross actually hate it.

This thread is like the Boeing vs Airbus of beverages.

n562wn

Fri May 17, 2019 9:41 pm

PDX88 wrote:
I don't understand the Pepsi hate. Does everyone feel like they have to pick a side and just choose to pretend to hate Pepsi? It's okay to prefer one over the other but like both. I have a hard time believing a lot of you saying Pepsi is gross actually hate it.

This thread is like the Boeing vs Airbus of beverages.

Get with the times. This is 2019, there's no such thing as middle ground. Choose your side so people can discern whether or not to spew hate your way!
My statements do not represent my former employer or my current employer and are my opinions only.

ooslc

Fri May 17, 2019 9:49 pm

All soda tastes disgusting and bad for you/your teeth.
    Ironically, I don't work for OO anymore, and I'm not in SLC anymore. PDX based, aviation enthusiast, non-aviation worker.

drdisque

Sat May 18, 2019 12:56 am

ctrabs0114 wrote:
ozark1 wrote:
Years ago AA had both Coke and Pepsi. No one was drinking the Pepsi so they took it off. I'm glad. I guess since AA is DFW based we'll always have Dr. Pepper (YEAH!), but it doesn't look like B6 will have Mr. Pibb which I think is the Pepsi version of it. The most popular things are Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Ginger Ale (we use tons of it), Sierra Mist and Apple Juice. But by far the most requested item is water! Healthy and in plentiful supply onboard.

I can think of numerous reasons not avoid the glorified regional carrier that's pretending to be a national carrier in B6; Pepsi over Coke is probably at the bottom of the list.

Mr. Pibb is a Coke product, not Pepsi.

Pepsi has no Dr. Pepper equivalent.

gatibosgru

Sat May 18, 2019 1:16 am

MartijnNL wrote:
Why can't companies put both Coke and Pepsi on the menu and let the customers decide what they would like to drink?

I think they get a hefty discount by being an exclusive provider. I don't think I've ever been to a restaurant that offered both.
@DadCelo

NWADTWE16

Sat May 18, 2019 2:41 am

It's all High Fructose Corn Syrup which kills us anyway. Love the Environmental aspect of pouring the water over individual bottles, although until airlines use plant based cups, we still have the plastic issue. This impacts me zero
I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list!

afterburner

Sat May 18, 2019 3:26 am

A first world problem thread. :mrgreen:

jco613

Sat May 18, 2019 4:01 am

Two things

1. Total sin to switch to Pepsi and not have Mountain Dew (looking your way, Amtrak!)

2. Does this effect their offering of pineapple juice?

av8orwalk
Topic Author

Sat May 18, 2019 4:31 am

jco613 wrote:
Does this effect their offering of pineapple juice?

The juice selection isn’t changing. You can still order apple, Orange, cranberry, tomato and pineapple. The brand is eventually changing to APPLE & EVE. Mr & Mrs Tea Spicy Tomato juice will also still be onboard.
The safest place to be in an airplane crash is on the ground.

workhorse

Sat May 18, 2019 4:57 am

I am sure they only did this because of the price.

Pepsi has agreed to sell them their products at a loss (all subsidized by the leftie NY government, of course).

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos