Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

DIRECTFLT
Topic Author

Man kicked off Southwest flight after making joke about vodka

Fri May 17, 2019 2:15 am

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/man-kic ... 49969.html

A man was booted off a Southwest Airlines plane in California — because he jokingly asked if the water being handed out on the delayed flight was vodka, according to new reports.

Passenger Peter Uzelac told local station FOX 40 that he and his wife were on a flight from Sacramento to Austin, Texas, with a stop in Los Angeles, on May 8, and sat next to the passenger thrown off the plane.

When a young flight attendant distributed water, Uzelac says the man seated next to him joked, “Wow, I hope that’s vodka because we’ve been sitting here for so long.” According to Uzelac, the attendant replied brusquely, “Yeah, it’s vodka” and when she moved to another row, the man joked, “Hey, this isn’t vodka.”
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

hic787

Re: Man kicked off Southwest flight after making joke about vodka

Fri May 17, 2019 2:32 am

Just another day of spoofs and goofs in the US airline industry!

ikramerica

Fri May 17, 2019 3:39 am

Southwest creates an onboard culture of jokiness and goofiness that I find annoying and sometimes unprofessional. But it's who they are.

To expect customers not to play along is hypocritical. Many witnesses say that the FA was just in a bad mood because of the long delay, and went off the deep end. I can't see how this FA has a place at WN if they have this attitude. Go to UA where there is no sense of humor.
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

77H

Fri May 17, 2019 4:46 am

ikramerica wrote:
Southwest creates an onboard culture of jokiness and goofiness that I find annoying and sometimes unprofessional. But it's who they are.

To expect customers not to play along is hypocritical. Many witnesses say that the FA was just in a bad mood because of the long delay, and went off the deep end. I can't see how this FA has a place at WN if they have this attitude. Go to UA where there is no sense of humor.

Just couldn’t help yourself bringing up UA in a thread about WN. There are like 5 or 6 of you broken record posters that somehow always find a way to bad mouth, even when grasping at straws. The persistence is almost commendable if it weren’t so pathetic. But since you brought it up, enlighten me on which of the other two US majors have crews full of comedy ? I’ll wait...

77H

StormRider

Fri May 17, 2019 5:23 am

ikramerica wrote:

Do those many witnesses read minds? also source?

I doubt someone got kicked off for a relatively harmless joke unless there was other stuff he said to the FA that wasn't appropriate.

zeke

Fri May 17, 2019 9:37 am

StormRider wrote:
Do those many witnesses read minds?.

Part of the new onboard menu, a penny for a thought :)

(Plus tax and a suggested 25% tip)
Human rights lawyers are "ambulance chasers of the very worst kind.'" - Sky News

N14AZ

Fri May 17, 2019 9:48 am

From that article:

“They argued about it. I tried filming but my phone wasn’t working.”
:roll: :roll: :roll:

smokeybandit

Sat May 18, 2019 5:12 pm

Surely there's more to this story

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos