MSPNWA

Re: Rumor: American Airlines To Bring Back Seatback IFEs On Domestic Aircraft

Sat May 18, 2019 5:43 pm

9w748capt wrote:
Oh really? Then why is it that DL continues to outperform AA and UA? Clearly people are paying more to fly DL. DL continues to invest in IFE. So how is it that people aren't willing to pay for a better experience?

Why? I'll turn it around. I can tell you what isn't causing the outperform--PTVs.

Antarius wrote:
Is it pure coincidence that the airline with the best profits, climbing satisfaction scores etc. also is investing in IFE?

The data says yes.

musman9853

Sat May 18, 2019 6:21 pm

Zidane wrote:
musman9853 wrote:
Mortyman wrote:
Their transatlantic Boeing 767-300 is apparently without IFE in economy … They should fix that first ...

the ancient 767s and 757s are on their way out thank god. Iirc there's gonna be 5 767s left in the fleet at the end of next year.

The 75s will remain for the foreseeable future... :roll:

they're retiring the domestic fleet at least. although they need to get rid of the intl fleet too.
Welcome to the City Beautiful.

9w748capt

Sat May 18, 2019 6:36 pm

MSPNWA wrote:
9w748capt wrote:
Oh really? Then why is it that DL continues to outperform AA and UA? Clearly people are paying more to fly DL. DL continues to invest in IFE. So how is it that people aren't willing to pay for a better experience?

Why? I'll turn it around. I can tell you what isn't causing the outperform--PTVs.

Antarius wrote:
Is it pure coincidence that the airline with the best profits, climbing satisfaction scores etc. also is investing in IFE?

The data says yes.

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said that DL makes more money BECAUSE of IFE. All I've said is how fascinating it is that DL, despite being the most profitable of the US3, continues to invest in IFE. If DL was going to earn that revenue premium anyway, then why wouldn't they also remove IFE? Wouldn't that just fatten up their profits even more?

Antarius

Sat May 18, 2019 7:17 pm

MSPNWA wrote:
Antarius wrote:

The data says yes.

Source?
2019: SIN HKG NRT DFW IAH HOU CLT LGA JFK SFO SJC EWR SNA EYW MIA BOG LAX ORD DTW OAK PVG BOS DCA IAD ATL LAS BIS CUN PHX OAK SYD CVG PHL MAD ORY CDG SLC SJU BQN MHT YYZ STS BIS DOH BLR MAA KTM

global2

Sat May 18, 2019 7:40 pm

gatibosgru wrote:
WBM wrote:
For me IFE on a flight is a big deal. The funny thing is I rarely sit down to watch TV or a movie at home. But in the air I find it a great opportunity to sit back, relax and catch up on movies I've missed.

This is true for me as well.

Me three. I don't own a tablet, and don't want the hassle of power cords and unpacking/packing a larger device after takeoff and before landing. IFE is stress free.

kimimm19

Sat May 18, 2019 7:47 pm

9w748capt wrote:
MSPNWA wrote:
9w748capt wrote:

Antarius wrote:

The data says yes.

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said that DL makes more money BECAUSE of IFE. All I've said is how fascinating it is that DL, despite being the most profitable of the US3, continues to invest in IFE. If DL was going to earn that revenue premium anyway, then why wouldn't they also remove IFE? Wouldn't that just fatten up their profits even more?

DL make more money from me in large part because of their extensive implementation of IFE even in their domestic fleet and their comfortable A321s.

9w748capt

Sat May 18, 2019 7:50 pm

kimimm19 wrote:
9w748capt wrote:
MSPNWA wrote:

The data says yes.

DL make more money from me in large part because of their extensive implementation of IFE even in their domestic fleet and their comfortable A321s.

What are you talking about? Just read this thread. Clearly no one cares about PTVs. You know how I know that? I read a.net! :lol: :lol: :lol:

9w748capt

Sat May 18, 2019 7:52 pm

I don't know if any of the other AA flyers here feel this way but I'm honestly shocked that this is even being considered by AA. Ever since Dougie took over he's been relentlessly destroying everything he could at AA. So the fact that this is even being considered is quite shocking IMO.

MSPNWA

Sat May 18, 2019 7:52 pm

9w748capt wrote:

Uh, those words were already implied. I stated that in general the public doesn't like paying more for PTVs. You challenged that claim. That is the context of your question. The context isn't "airlines can still make big money with PTVs". Why did you respond to me if we're talking two different things?

Antarius wrote:
Source?

I always get a chuckle at this. The claim is made that PTVs are a cause of DL's good financial performance, yet there's never any evidence provided to link them. Then when someone says no, I don't think so, evidence must be provided.

I will gladly provide a list of evidence once I see a source that provides a statistically significant causation link between PTVs and improved financial performance.

formeraa

Sat May 18, 2019 8:35 pm

Frankly, I don't really care about seatback IFE. I think Dougie had a point at the time. What bothers me is that he doesn't seem to have a coherent plan to run AA. It is literally directionless with little brand differentiation -- a sad shell of its past glory. Hey Dougie, why don't you *NOT* install seatback IFE, but introduce free wifi???

chonetsao

Sat May 18, 2019 8:46 pm

formeraa wrote:
Frankly, I don't really care about seatback IFE. I think Dougie had a point at the time. What bothers me is that he doesn't seem to have a coherent plan to run AA. It is literally directionless with little brand differentiation -- a sad shell of its past glory. Hey Dougie, why don't you *NOT* install seatback IFE, but introduce free wifi???

That is even a bigger mess with 2 vendors (gogo and panasonic) running parallel with AA.

ozark1

Sat May 18, 2019 8:50 pm

Like I have said before, the IFE seatback screens are a lifesaver from a f/a point of view. In delays they keep people entertained and calmer. In flight, being able to watch your flight progress is an awesome part of the system. Say what you want about AA but I think the movie/tv choices are outstanding. Sure, there would usually be an issue on every flight with one or two screens freezing and then resetting the seat. Also, the steel box under the seat in front of you that contains the system does take up some legroom. But in spite of those issues I would really like to see them come back. They make the plane look newer and fresher and just seeing the tv makes passengers think they are on a nice plane. It was a huge mistake to remove them. DL and UA are the most important competitors, not WN. He did surprise me when, after he swore he would take the A321T and do away with the 3 class 102 seat config, he saw it was a good product and kept it. The culture of cheapness has simply followed him from US. I like the guy and those of us who have been with AA a long time would like to see the emphasis be on being the best airline, not the biggest. That ain’t gonna happen and I guess I am just grateful that I worked for them back in the era when we were really proud of who we worked for.

LAXBUR

Sat May 18, 2019 9:09 pm

I’m neutral on seatback IFE. Do I use it when available? Yes. Do I book a domestic flight based on seatback IFE? No. I think too many are suggesting people book Delta or avoid American because one has seatback and the other doesn’t.

I fly American every so often because of their codeshare miles with Alaska. All my flights have had seatback IFE. System has always worked fine for me; it is pretty nice. However, I would never fly American regularly because of their customer service. And everyone I know that flies regularly or is into the airline industry also avoids AA for the same reason. No one mentions their seatback IFE or lack of it. My worst customer service experiences have been on AA. Nothing terrible tbh, but just very flippant/apathetic customer service and FAs. Not to mention the bizarre 9 boarding zones even on a 737.

I’m not looking to trash AA, but I think the least of their concerns should be seatback IFE.

DeltaRules

Sat May 18, 2019 9:16 pm

ctrabs0114 wrote:
DeltaRules wrote:
MRYapproach wrote:
I doubt it. Getting rid of IFE just makes sense. As legroom shrinks and seatbacks get thinner, the space of the equipment matters as much as the cost. They probably spend more maintaining IFEs than when they first buy them. Eventually ALL US3 will get decent WIFI and then people will forget what IFE even stood for. Most IFE product other than the latest Airshow sucks anyway. Wouldn't you rather watch Netflix or Sam Chui than free CNN?

DL's system for the A220 is basically a tablet.

Plus, I don't want to have to use my phone as an IFE device because Doug Parker assumes everyone does.

DL's A220 IFE may be "basically a tablet," but it's as good, if not better than, AA's IFE offerings on the 788 in my personal opinion.

My point is it's lightweight AND IFE.
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B717/722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST

Antarius

Sat May 18, 2019 9:54 pm

MSPNWA wrote:
Antarius wrote:
Source?

I always get a chuckle at this. The claim is made that PTVs are a cause of DL's good financial performance, yet there's never any evidence provided to link them. Then when someone says no, I don't think so, evidence must be provided.

I will gladly provide a list of evidence once I see a source that provides a statistically significant causation link between PTVs and improved financial performance.

So you dont have any. Nice deflection.

No one said PTVs were the sole reason. But they do feed into customer satisfaction scores, which tends to benefit companies in terms of profits. What next, they should scrap all food since, meh, theres no way it matters to anyone?
2019: SIN HKG NRT DFW IAH HOU CLT LGA JFK SFO SJC EWR SNA EYW MIA BOG LAX ORD DTW OAK PVG BOS DCA IAD ATL LAS BIS CUN PHX OAK SYD CVG PHL MAD ORY CDG SLC SJU BQN MHT YYZ STS BIS DOH BLR MAA KTM

MSPNWA

Sat May 18, 2019 11:08 pm

Antarius wrote:

No one said PTVs were the sole reason. But they do feed into customer satisfaction scores, which tends to benefit companies in terms of profits. What next, they should scrap all food since, meh, theres no way it matters to anyone?

Guess you're just going to ignore my acknowledgement that I have a list of backup at the ready.

You're deflecting more now. No one is saying it's the only reason. That's a straw man.

What I'd like to see is one - just one - piece of empirical evidence that tells us that PTVs are a measurably significant cause of DL's better financials. No one has ever been able to do it, even though the claim is thrown as established fact.

SierraPacific

Sun May 19, 2019 12:11 am

MSPNWA wrote:
Antarius wrote:

Guess you're just going to ignore my acknowledgement that I have a list of backup at the ready.

You're deflecting more now. No one is saying it's the only reason. That's a straw man.

What I'd like to see is one - just one - piece of empirical evidence that tells us that PTVs are a measurably significant cause of DL's better financials. No one has ever been able to do it, even though the claim is thrown as established fact.

It isn't something that can be quantified in data but I will tell you anecdotally that nonairline people know Delta because of PTV and mood lighting. American's interiors look drab and dated which PTV's help make it more modern.

I get that not everyone uses the PTV's but to say that they aren't a factor at all for choosing a flight is a bit of a stretch.

ewt340

Sun May 19, 2019 12:43 am

I think wider toilet and an extra inch of pitch would be more appropriate rather than IFE that have movies from 2006.

compensateme

Sun May 19, 2019 12:46 am

9w748capt wrote:
kimimm19 wrote:
9w748capt wrote:

What are you talking about? Just read this thread. Clearly no one cares about PTVs. You know how I know that? I read a.net! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Uh, no; the narrative on a.net has long been that PTVS are the strongest determinant in selecting a flight. To the average a.netter, the thought of being without television for an hour while flying is terrifying!!!
We don’t care what your next flight is.

Antarius

Sun May 19, 2019 1:17 am

MSPNWA wrote:
Antarius wrote:

I'm asking you to show it.

I didnt state it was a fact. I called into question the coincidence. If you had it, youd show it as that would end the discussion. But given you hint at it but wont... sure.

dtw2hyd

Sun May 19, 2019 1:41 am

Even seatback IFE are basically custom built WiFi devices(tablets) of smaller size low res display.

Can some with IFE technology or maintenance experience comment on advantages of having Thales/Panasonic (vs) mounting iPad pro(Gen 1) 12.9 tablet?

Is it a certification issue or tablets are less durable. Even if they are less durable, swapping an iPad or Andriod tablet seems to be much easier.

MSPNWA

Sun May 19, 2019 2:19 am

Antarius wrote:

I didnt state it was a fact. I called into question the coincidence. If you had it, youd show it as that would end the discussion. But given you hint at it but wont... sure.

I didn't say you said it was fact. Please read before you post.

By calling the coincidence into question, you're claiming that there may be a link. My list is waiting. Would be a shame to keep it hidden. Do you have one piece of empirical data that says that PTVs are a statistically significant cause of DL's high profit? Or is the mere coincidence all you have?

Antarius

Sun May 19, 2019 2:38 am

MSPNWA wrote:
Antarius wrote:

I didn't say you said it was fact. Please read before you post.

By calling the coincidence into question, you're claiming that there may be a link. My list is waiting. Would be a shame to keep it hidden. Do you have one piece of empirical data that says that PTVs are a statistically significant cause of DL's high profit? Or is the mere coincidence all you have?

Yawn. Keep threatening your list. If you had it, youd end this now.

But you don't.

USAirKid

Sun May 19, 2019 3:26 am

dtw2hyd wrote:
Even seatback IFE are basically custom built WiFi devices(tablets) of smaller size low res display.

Can some with IFE technology or maintenance experience comment on advantages of having Thales/Panasonic (vs) mounting iPad pro(Gen 1) 12.9 tablet?

Is it a certification issue or tablets are less durable. Even if they are less durable, swapping an iPad or Andriod tablet seems to be much easier.

FWIW, the tablets have to be custom built because they have to meet impact standards. (People’s heads hitting them in a crash.)

grbauc

Sun May 19, 2019 7:00 am

snasteve wrote:
MSPNWA wrote:
I'm still waiting for Leff's last AA interior rumor to come true.

I don't know if the new seats can even be retrofitted for screens. They certainly would have to be modified. With dozens of aircraft already with new seats and many more imminently coming, this is more like a pipe dream than a rumor.

I would be fine with the cheapest display and a moving map w/ ETA clock.

The person asking about what we did before PtVs? They served food on the plane even in coach. And then after that we usually went to sleep. We occasionally would acknowledge each other with a short friendly chit chat. Smoked cigarettes (not me though). Also we were thinner back then flying was less stressful in general. And nobody back then was trying stuff their kitchen sink into the main cabin bins since bags were always checked. Flight attendants were more glamorous and not the strict disciplinarian’s of today.

Points for you sir for nailing it on the head... Digital media is a great advertisement tool and a distraction to the misery of modern flying in Y.

kimimm19

Sun May 19, 2019 7:05 am

compensateme wrote:
9w748capt wrote:
kimimm19 wrote:

Uh, no; the narrative on a.net has long been that PTVS are the strongest determinant in selecting a flight. To the average a.netter, the thought of being without television for an hour while flying is terrifying!!!

I don't think that's a current portrayal. Currently many anetters are those arrogant something or others that have many gadgets including ipads or large smartphones loaded with films and tv shows like a normal person.... :duck:

grbauc

Sun May 19, 2019 7:09 am

musman9853 wrote:
DFW17L wrote:
BYOD is much better than seatback IFE. Even when IFE is available, I use my iPad to stream content via WiFi.

exactly. my $1k phone is much higher quality than any seatback ife. give me a outlet or a usb port and i'll be happy.

Its so funny People who advocate for BYOD act like WIFI will be going a way if the add IFE. For hell's sake they will both exist.

MartijnNL

Sun May 19, 2019 7:14 am

Ziyulu wrote:
Forget seat back screens, bring back hot meals and I'll be happy.

That's precisely what KLM is doing on intra-European flights. Recently on three flights that I took between Amsterdam and Sicily/Ibiza all passengers were treated to a hot meal. It was many years ago I experienced this onboard a two hour flight. :thumbsup:

grbauc

Sun May 19, 2019 7:17 am

Antarius wrote:
MSPNWA wrote:
Antarius wrote:
Source?

Exactly its a straw in a pile of many straws... Choices are good Wifi will not go away with PTV.. I can never get WIFI GATE TO GATE when i do get it to work. Choice its not one or the other.. There are many peopel with different needs and likes.

grbauc

Sun May 19, 2019 7:25 am

compensateme wrote:
9w748capt wrote:
kimimm19 wrote:

Your just being obtuse. IFE can be a tool for the airlines to build and perpetuate there brand and help to alleviate the deteriorating flying conditions.

It's not one or the other it need to be Both. Heck I can't get WiFi Gate to Gate its annoying.

It's only the WiFi people that are advocating for ONE Option WIFE only.

grbauc

Sun May 19, 2019 7:26 am

MartijnNL wrote:
Ziyulu wrote:
Forget seat back screens, bring back hot meals and I'll be happy.

That's precisely what KLM is doing on intra-European flights. Recently on three flights that I took between Amsterdam and Sicily/Ibiza all passengers were treated to a hot meal. It was many years ago I experienced this onboard a two hour flight. :thumbsup:

Hot meals take up 30 mins or more on a flight...

DFW17L

Sun May 19, 2019 2:54 pm

grbauc wrote:
musman9853 wrote:
DFW17L wrote:
BYOD is much better than seatback IFE. Even when IFE is available, I use my iPad to stream content via WiFi.

exactly. my $1k phone is much higher quality than any seatback ife. give me a outlet or a usb port and i'll be happy.

Its so funny People who advocate for BYOD act like WIFI will be going a way if the add IFE. For hell's sake they will both exist.

On the contrary, I use my own device even if there is IFE

LovePrunesAnet

Sun May 19, 2019 3:59 pm

SierraPacific wrote:

It isn't something that can be quantified in data but I will tell you anecdotally that nonairline people know Delta because of PTV and mood lighting. American's interiors look drab and dated which PTV's help make it more modern.

I get that not everyone uses the PTV's but to say that they aren't a factor at all for choosing a flight is a bit of a stretch.

Mood lighting? This is a big impact now? Lol

fpetrutiu

Sun May 19, 2019 5:08 pm

ilovelamp wrote:
fpetrutiu wrote:
DFW17L wrote:

I much prefer IFE's. I don't want to hold anything, I can put on live TV (news usually) and work on my laptop. Although I wish you could bluetooth your own headset to it.

Bingo.

The high-value business customer loves this method of use of Delta’s IFE.

ILL

Funny you mention that, I fly Delta pretty much exclusively because of their business friendly attitude and features.
Florin
Orlando, FL

SierraPacific

Sun May 19, 2019 6:11 pm

LovePrunesAnet wrote:
SierraPacific wrote:

Mood lighting? This is a big impact now? Lol

With the casual flyer, it is notable enough for them to remember the flight and to leave a positive lasting image of the company. I have never met someone that has hated Delta based on their hard product but I know a huge amount of people that have remarked about the dull state of AA cabins and some that avoid AA out of PHX entirely because of their product being old and dated.

This is one of the things that A.net does not represent the average person

KlimaBXsst

Sun May 19, 2019 7:10 pm

Seatback screens were a huge improvement from the movie theatre in the front of the cabin.

That way people could laugh and cry at the most hugely inappropriate times instead of doing it in mass together.

NOW the screens represent nothing more to me than massive germ incubators touched by the unwashed masses.

It’s amazing how filthy some people can be who travel aboard airliners now.
Aesthetically the A 340 got it right!

TEY1330

Sun May 19, 2019 9:21 pm

Can someone say definitively if the B/E Aerospace Meridian Economy Seat’s modular upper back shells can be changed out to accommodate IFE screens (Delta style wireless tablets)?

chonetsao

Sun May 19, 2019 9:43 pm

KlimaBXsst wrote:
Seatback screens were a huge improvement from the movie theatre in the front of the cabin.

That way people could laugh and cry at the most hugely inappropriate times instead of doing it in mass together.

NOW the screens represent nothing more to me than massive germ incubators touched by the unwashed masses.

Sounds like someone never got over the fact that air travel is for the mass, no longer the rich and famous. Mass transportation do carry gems, just like good old days the rich and famous carry gems too. Take a wet wipe or gloves with you if you are concerned.

FlyHappy

Sun May 19, 2019 9:50 pm

KlimaBXsst wrote:

do you not touch the armrests, tray tables - what about your headrest?
the screen should hardly be major concern; you can always choose not to touch it.
can I assume you're a person who manages to avoid using the lav in-flight? (which IMO, have always been gross, masses or not)

airbazar

Mon May 20, 2019 12:32 am

MRYapproach wrote:
I doubt it. Getting rid of IFE just makes sense. As legroom shrinks and seatbacks get thinner, the space of the equipment matters as much as the cost. They probably spend more maintaining IFEs than when they first buy them. Eventually ALL US3 will get decent WIFI and then people will forget what IFE even stood for. Most IFE product other than the latest Airshow sucks anyway. Wouldn't you rather watch Netflix or Sam Chui than free CNN?

The seatback screens are still required because even the largest phone is just too small and hardly anyone carries tablets these days.
IMO the future is wireless seatback screens like an embedded tablet in the back of every seat that can just be swapped out easily when it fails.
It's thin, lightweight, and easy to maintain.

USAirALB

Mon May 20, 2019 12:52 am

TEY1330 wrote:
Can someone say definitively if the B/E Aerospace Meridian Economy Seat’s modular upper back shells can be changed out to accommodate IFE screens (Delta style wireless tablets)?

I don't see why not. Other airlines have the Meridian seat equipped with PTV screens. B6 selected the Meridian model for their new seats, although I'm not sure if their new IFE is wireless.
RJ85, F70, E135, E140, E145, E70, E75, E90, CR2, CR7, CR9, 717, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 744, 752, 753, 762, 772, 77E, 77W, 789, 319, 320, 321, 332, 333, 343, 359, 388

Elementalism

Mon May 20, 2019 3:29 am

DFW17L wrote:

I enjoy Deltas IFE because of the movie selection. A selection I do not have at home. If I have to use my phone then it will be the same experience at home. Whoopie do.
Last edited by Elementalism on Mon May 20, 2019 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elementalism

Mon May 20, 2019 3:29 am

77H wrote:
I don’t understand what the obsession with PTVs is? What did you all do on flights before airlines started to put them in?

77H

Bored to tears on any flight longer than 90 mins?

USAirALB

Mon May 20, 2019 3:39 am

https://twitter.com/xJonNYC/status/1129939690197573632

Anyone want to take a crack at that rumor? If it doesn't mean Amazon (which someone had suggested) I am stumped. I usually take "A through Z" to mean "to include everything".
Last edited by USAirALB on Mon May 20, 2019 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
RJ85, F70, E135, E140, E145, E70, E75, E90, CR2, CR7, CR9, 717, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 744, 752, 753, 762, 772, 77E, 77W, 789, 319, 320, 321, 332, 333, 343, 359, 388

Elementalism

Mon May 20, 2019 3:41 am

sxf24 wrote:
Antarius wrote:
sxf24 wrote:

Every airline understands that domestically, fast and reliable WiFi is a much bigger driver of customer satisfaction than fixed IFE. Allowing gate-to-gate streaming of HBO Go, Netflix, etc is my preference. Having reliable live TV, like what AA offers, makes it even better.

I say this as an AS 75K who declines the tablet at the streaming content is superior. I’m also a DL DM and rarely use the IFE domestically.

Again, this is you. Not representative of the flying populace.

Is it pure coincidence that the airline with the best profits, climbing satisfaction scores etc. also is investing in IFE? Or is DL just stupid, since every other airline understands IFE is pointless?

Of course it is my opinion. I happen to think it’s worth a bunch, since I am the type of customer airlines want (a business traveler with over $75K annual spend).

Facts also support a focus on WiFi domestically. It’s one of the most sought after feature by business travelers. In addition, I don’t think one can draw a correlation between seatback IFE and profits using DL as the only example. How does this explain B6 (and VX) underperform in yields? Or Spirit, Allegiant and AS (historically) leading profit margins without IFE?

IFE is a requirement for long haul flights, but not the future domestically.

Are business travelers seeking WiFi for entertainment or to remain connected? Big difference. My personal anecdote. I logon to DLs WiFi with my phone to get email and remain in touch with my team while in flight. But use their IFE for entertainment.

slowrambler

Mon May 20, 2019 3:48 am

USAirALB wrote:

Anyone want to take a crack at that rumor?

I'm really just not impressed by this "battle for the soul" kind of rhetoric. It always seems to be wielded by people fantasizing about the luxuriousness of an imaginary standalone AA.

Elementalism

Mon May 20, 2019 3:48 am

KlimaBXsst wrote:

Are you under the impression people dont touch the seatbelts, arm rests and the seats on the planes you fly? :D

Antarius

Mon May 20, 2019 4:32 am

slowrambler wrote:
USAirALB wrote:

Anyone want to take a crack at that rumor?

I'm really just not impressed by this "battle for the soul" kind of rhetoric. It always seems to be wielded by people fantasizing about the luxuriousness of an imaginary standalone AA.

Yes and no. AA was a full service carrier, despite doing a pretty piss poor job of it, resulting in bankruptcy. US Airways was unabashedly a low cost carrier; their stock ticker was LCC. As a result, there is a legit question of what the "soul" of AA is and that can occur independently of recognizing that standalone AA wasn't an exemplary stalwarth under Arpey.

USAirKid

Mon May 20, 2019 5:07 am

USAirALB wrote:

Anyone want to take a crack at that rumor? If it doesn't mean Amazon (which someone had suggested) I am stumped. I usually take "A through Z" to mean "to include everything".

He address that it isn’t Amazon in this tweet https://twitter.com/xjonnyc/status/1130 ... 58176?s=21

Brickell305

Mon May 20, 2019 11:29 am

USAirALB wrote:

Alphabet (as in Google) maybe?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos