N983AN

Re: AA sues IAM-TWU Association over alleged slowdown

Wed May 22, 2019 3:18 am

EA CO AS wrote:
Boof02671 wrote:
The topic is about AA suing, not me. Stay on topic. I have a vested interest

By implying that you're part of the union and/or an AA employee, you've made yourself part of the discussion.

He has claimed to be involved with the IAM and a former USAIR employee (pre-HP) it would seem:

Boof02671 wrote:
Get over it? My pension at US Airways was terminated, I could have retired at 52 with a decent living, now when I hit 50 next month I will collect $572 a month, dont tell me to get over it.

I was there 17 years, the CEO was there less than two years and he walked away with $6 million in his pension.

Boof02671 wrote:
I pointed facts, why the attack? I even stated CLT nor RDU couldn’t support a flight. I only worked for US for 20 years, 17 of those in CLT, where I still reside.

Boof02671 wrote:
Delta has no spares?

I worked Stores for US we always have spare engines for each fleet type.

Boof02671 wrote:
Our contract doesn’t have mandatory overtime. We aren’t slaves.

Boof02671 wrote:
I was in maintenance and US outsourced maintenance on the planes, they let mainline ramp work them, but not us.

Boof02671 wrote:
I was an IAM member and rep for over 20 years and negotiated at US and CO, Unionized workers keep the company profitable and have a seat at the table and a say, instead of being on the menu with no say.

Boof02671 wrote:
I worked at US for 20 years, you can’t be disciplined nor is it against the law to work by the company’s rules, regulations, and procedures.

N983AN

Wed May 22, 2019 3:21 am

Boof02671 wrote:
From a coworker

“A planner, with little or no real aircraft maintenance experience. Fills the on-ground time with as much work as possible...irregardless of station actual manpower, parts availability, tooling required...then the inept station manager arbitrarily assigns parts based on the ATA, not actual experience...And then all the blame falls to the lowest denominator...
US..”

You are a current active, dues paying member?

What classification? Stores? Utility?

N983AN

Wed May 22, 2019 3:24 am

EA CO AS wrote:
Boof02671 wrote:
I’m not militant. Im a realist.

My understanding, if I'm to believe your online profiles, is that you're also no longer an IAM member.

So why are you so invested in what's going on at AA?

This posters own content on THIS site directly contradicts being an active AA employee or ever working on the AA property.

apodino

Wed May 22, 2019 4:28 am

Boof02671 wrote:
Gee look an AA 777 from LAX-NRT just turned around 1/3 of the way back to LAX for a maintenance issue.

It was actually a 787-9.

apodino

Wed May 22, 2019 4:30 am

Antarius wrote:
Borrowing from the FT delay thread and dkc192's post

5/21 AA169 LAX-NRT took a 6-hour trip to nowhere, returned to LAX due to MX; now delayed 17h to 0530 local tomorrow
5/22 AA170 NRT-LAX delayed 17h due to above shenanigans
5/21 AA127 DFW-PVG returned to gate and subsequently delayed 7.5h due to MX/crew availability
5/21 AA86 ORD-LHR delayed 2.5h due to MX
5/21 AA42 ORD-VCE delayed 1h and counting due to MX
5/21 AA754 PHL-CDG cancelled due to MX
5/22 AA755 CDG-PHL cancelled due to above MX (another costly one for AA...)
5/21 AA734 PHL-MAN delayed 1h and counting due to MX
5/21 AA758 PHL-ATH delayed 1.75h due to MX
5/21 AA718 PHL-FCO delayed 4h and counting due to MX
5/21 AA258 PHL-LIS delayed 1h and counting due to MX

Clear bad luck, right?

I cant speak for most of these, but I can tell you the PHL-CDG flight was cancelled very early this afternoon, presumably due to a lack of airworthy 330's in PHL. MAN, FCO and LIS according to my sources were all legit MX issues. I also heard a rumor that AA has a 767 sitting in OPO right now awaiting a new engine after a possible diversion. Not exactly sure on this though.

usairways787

Wed May 22, 2019 5:23 am

OB1504 wrote:
Boof02671 wrote:
AA has stated in their motion high utilization leads to less ground time and the SA bases AMTS are less than stellar one posted on Facebook AMT group where does he look up a repair procedure.

You dont work here. I do.

I’ve dealt with plenty of clueless AA mechanics right here in the United States.

Super80Fan wrote:
I really do feel bad for the mechanics but I can't tell you the number of times we have landed on time only to wait at our gate for 10-20 minutes because the ground crew aren't out there yet, and this isn't even a bustling hub like DFW or ATL, this is at smaller outstations (who are not third party companies but are hired by Piedmont or DGS).

Can't say I'll feel bad when that job gets automated.

That job is already automated at the hubs, where they use automatic guidance systems instead of marshallers for arriving aircraft.

Then the ramp crew shows up whenever they feel like it and your bags get to the carousel an hour later.

They show up an hour later because of the way they've completely gutted our manpower and have no idea how to run an operation, we're short 400 people here and lose 24 guys a month. They refuse to hire, and June 1st is when they implement and force a new system without the additional help after we've repeatedly asked for it.
Making bag smashing great again

Airbuser

Wed May 22, 2019 2:57 pm

AA mechanics are in a very tough spot. A very difficult situation that will see rough times ahead. As I see it.

Two unions fighting each other and management. The unions want the best of both contracts but something will give.
Ground handlers are in the same Union. Apples and oranges if you ask me.
The other legacy airlines outsource far more work. Just look at the number of employees AA has compared to the others. AA had an opportunity to gut the contract outsourcing protections in bankruptcy but did not. The other legacies did. Hard to compete with that.
AA is making money. Hard to ask for gives in that situation
AA employees do not trust management and shouldn’t. Management comes and goes and employees stay. Management lies, cheats and steals. They say the right things, and promise the world then take their millions and leave the employee to deal with management ineptitude.
I still like Mr. Parker but I am not sure he has it in him to turn this massive ship around. He initially stopped the sinking ship. I’m afraid AA is taking on water again. Who will come to the rescue.

Antarius

Wed May 22, 2019 3:04 pm

apodino wrote:
Antarius wrote:

5/21 AA169 LAX-NRT took a 6-hour trip to nowhere, returned to LAX due to MX; now delayed 17h to 0530 local tomorrow
5/22 AA170 NRT-LAX delayed 17h due to above shenanigans
5/21 AA127 DFW-PVG returned to gate and subsequently delayed 7.5h due to MX/crew availability
5/21 AA86 ORD-LHR delayed 2.5h due to MX
5/21 AA42 ORD-VCE delayed 1h and counting due to MX
5/21 AA754 PHL-CDG cancelled due to MX
5/22 AA755 CDG-PHL cancelled due to above MX (another costly one for AA...)
5/21 AA734 PHL-MAN delayed 1h and counting due to MX
5/21 AA758 PHL-ATH delayed 1.75h due to MX
5/21 AA718 PHL-FCO delayed 4h and counting due to MX
5/21 AA258 PHL-LIS delayed 1h and counting due to MX

Clear bad luck, right?

I cant speak for most of these, but I can tell you the PHL-CDG flight was cancelled very early this afternoon, presumably due to a lack of airworthy 330's in PHL. MAN, FCO and LIS according to my sources were all legit MX issues. I also heard a rumor that AA has a 767 sitting in OPO right now awaiting a new engine after a possible diversion. Not exactly sure on this though.

Thanks for the info. MX issues do happen, and I would expect some to be this way. The sheer number and regularity though screams suspicious.

The 767s are falling apart, so no surprise there. The 789s suddenly having daily MX delays, not so much.
2019: SIN HKG NRT DFW IAH HOU CLT LGA JFK SFO SJC EWR SNA EYW MIA BOG LAX ORD DTW OAK PVG BOS DCA IAD ATL LAS BIS CUN PHX OAK SYD CVG PHL MAD ORY CDG SLC SJU BQN MHT YYZ STS BIS DOH BLR MAA KTM

Moose135

Wed May 22, 2019 4:12 pm

Antarius wrote:

You listed 11 flights with MX delays yesterday. How many flights does AA have in a day? What percentage of their total operations for yesterday does this represent? Probably a fraction of 1%, right? How is that indicative of a union slowdown? How does that relate to a random day when the IAM wasn't allegedly conducting some sort of slowdown?
KC-135 - Passing gas and taking names!

Antarius

Wed May 22, 2019 4:18 pm

Moose135 wrote:
Antarius wrote:

You listed 11 flights with MX delays yesterday. How many flights does AA have in a day? What percentage of their total operations for yesterday does this represent? Probably a fraction of 1%, right? How is that indicative of a union slowdown? How does that relate to a random day when the IAM wasn't allegedly conducting some sort of slowdown?

I posted ONE day. There are more, go see the FT thread for example.

Widebody MX delays are uncharacteristically high. When passengers notice it, you know that the slowdown hand was overplayed.
2019: SIN HKG NRT DFW IAH HOU CLT LGA JFK SFO SJC EWR SNA EYW MIA BOG LAX ORD DTW OAK PVG BOS DCA IAD ATL LAS BIS CUN PHX OAK SYD CVG PHL MAD ORY CDG SLC SJU BQN MHT YYZ STS BIS DOH BLR MAA KTM

usflyer msp

Wed May 22, 2019 4:19 pm

Moose135 wrote:
Antarius wrote:

Having that many longhaul flights have mx issues in one day is very unusual and quite suspect.

Moose135

Wed May 22, 2019 5:36 pm

Antarius wrote:

Widebody MX delays are uncharacteristically high. When passengers notice it, you know that the slowdown hand was overplayed.

usflyer msp wrote:
Having that many longhaul flights have mx issues in one day is very unusual and quite suspect.

I realize those were from one day. I was asking because I don't have a frame of reference for the data you supplied. If 2 per day is normal, then yes, 11 would be a significant difference. If it's usually 15 or 20, 11 isn't unusually high. Just posting a list of some flights in a vacuum doesn't really illustrate your point.
KC-135 - Passing gas and taking names!

Boof02671
Topic Author

Wed May 22, 2019 8:43 pm

Watch the LGA Town Hall Samuelsen gave a Isom hell!

Antarius

Wed May 22, 2019 10:25 pm

Boof02671 wrote:

By all means - sure. I'm not an Isom fan. Still doesnt make this work stoppage/slowdown acceptable though.

Antarius

Wed May 22, 2019 10:26 pm

Moose135 wrote:
Antarius wrote:

usflyer msp wrote:

I realize those were from one day. I was asking because I don't have a frame of reference for the data you supplied. If 2 per day is normal, then yes, 11 would be a significant difference. If it's usually 15 or 20, 11 isn't unusually high. Just posting a list of some flights in a vacuum doesn't really illustrate your point.

I'd have to go back and pull data. But if AA had 20 major MX delays a day on their widebody fleet, they'd be out of business.

Boof02671
Topic Author

Thu May 23, 2019 1:10 am

Antarius wrote:
Boof02671 wrote:

By all means - sure. I'm not an Isom fan. Still doesnt make this work stoppage/slowdown acceptable though.

So you don’t want mechanics working IAW Maintenance Manual, job cards and established procedures from the manufacturer?

You do know pilots write up the thru flights and some of the RONs?

Antarius

Thu May 23, 2019 1:18 am

Boof02671 wrote:
Antarius wrote:
Boof02671 wrote:

So you don’t want mechanics working IAW Maintenance Manual, job cards and established procedures from the manufacturer?

Not sure how any of this relates to what I said.

Boof02671
Topic Author

Thu May 23, 2019 1:23 am

Antarius wrote:
Boof02671 wrote:
Antarius wrote:

You accuse them of a job action, and I’m merely pointing out they are working by the book.

Boof02671
Topic Author

Thu May 23, 2019 1:23 am

TWU International President John Samuelsen confronts Robert Isom, President of American Airlines.

“I stand here to tell you in front of this whole room, in front of everybody, anybody who is listening, that you’re not going to get what you want and if this erupts into the bloodiest, ugliest battle that the United States labor movement has ever saw, that's what is gonna happen.”

“If we ever get to a point where there is self-help, we are on a engage in absolutely vicious strike action against American Airlines to the likes of which you have never seen.”

”I’m never gonna sign a crappy agreement that sells everyone down the river, its never going to happen. We are going to defend our members, we are gonna defend our future generations of workers that want to be employed.”

-John Samuelsen
TWU International President

Varsity1

Thu May 23, 2019 1:32 am

Robert Isom is a snake and an idiot.

He is the one that feuded with Scott Kirby and eventually pushed Kirby out the door. His ideas only exist in the theoretical, because he has so little practical experience.
"PPRuNe will no longer allow discussions regarding Etihad Airlines, its employees, executives, agents, or other representatives. Such threads will be deleted." - ME3 thug airlines suing anyone who brings negative information public..

Boof02671
Topic Author

Thu May 23, 2019 1:34 am

Antarius

Thu May 23, 2019 1:42 am

Boof02671 wrote:
Antarius wrote:
Boof02671 wrote:

You accuse them of a job action, and I’m merely pointing out they are working by the book.

And if this is true, then why were they not working by the book until now?

Boof02671
Topic Author

Thu May 23, 2019 1:50 am

More detailed, not going above and beyond.
Last edited by Boof02671 on Thu May 23, 2019 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

usflyer msp

Thu May 23, 2019 1:56 am

Boof02671 wrote:
TWU International President John Samuelsen confronts Robert Isom, President of American Airlines.

“I stand here to tell you in front of this whole room, in front of everybody, anybody who is listening, that you’re not going to get what you want and if this erupts into the bloodiest, ugliest battle that the United States labor movement has ever saw, that's what is gonna happen.”

“If we ever get to a point where there is self-help, we are on a engage in absolutely vicious strike action against American Airlines to the likes of which you have never seen.”
”I’m never gonna sign a crappy agreement that sells everyone down the river, its never going to happen. We are going to defend our members, we are gonna defend our future generations of workers that want to be employed.”

-John Samuelsen
TWU International President

Sounds alot like the last AMFA guy at NW - we all know how well that worked out. This guy is just throwing red meat to his base with little practical application...

N983AN

Thu May 23, 2019 2:01 am

Boof02671 wrote:

Why nothing from Sito Pantoja?

Silver1SWA

Thu May 23, 2019 2:29 am

Antarius wrote:
Boof02671 wrote:
Antarius wrote:

Because the industry has gotten to a point where it takes going above and beyond the book to get the job done. Throw in a push for accountability where the book is used against the workforce, you have a situation where employees push back and say enough covering up the problem, let’s play by the book. The broken system fails.
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

Boof02671
Topic Author

Thu May 23, 2019 2:31 am

Statement from the Association of Professional Flight Attendants
National President Lori Bassani

The following is a statement from Lori Bassani, National President of the Association of Professional Flight Attendants, on American Airlines’ accusing the Transport Workers Union and International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers of engaging in an illegal work slowdown:

Euless, TX (May 22, 2019) - “Despite the constant problems that have left it ranked last among the major airlines, American Airlines continues to scapegoat and attack its hardworking unionized workforce, who sacrificed much to build the world’s largest airline.

The working men and women of the IAM and TWU are critically important assets to the airline, not the problem. But for the past five years, American Airlines management has treated them that way in contract talks by pushing to offshore more of the airline’s maintenance work, critical work that we believe should be accomplished by the highly trained professionals of TWU and IAM, workers who put safety first for our crew and customers.

This unnecessarily aggressive litigious attack on its workers is only the latest example of the lack of respect the airline has shown its longtime, dedicated employees. It does no one any good — not the airline, the workers or the passengers — for American to attack the IAM and TWU, who are fighting for fair wages and working conditions, at the same time AA handed out lucrative bonuses and compensation packages to its management.

Unionized employees invested in the future and viability of their airline with substantial givebacks and sub-standard contracts during mergers and bankruptcies—now it’s time for American to invest in its workers, its fleet and its passengers to stop playing games with its Unions.

We stand wholeheartedly with the hard-working men and women of TWU and IAM.”

Antarius

Thu May 23, 2019 2:38 am

Silver1SWA wrote:
Antarius wrote:
Boof02671 wrote:

Because the industry has gotten to a point where it takes going above and beyond the book to get the job done. Throw in a push for accountability where the book is used against the workforce, you have a situation where employees push back and say enough covering up the problem, let’s play by the book. The broken system fails.

And this is why AA is suing. Because all the reasons aside, there is a clear and demonstrable uptick in this "by the book".

And FTR, my above post was rhetorical. I expected this would be the case. I'm not arguing that there arent problems, but those posters here pretending that there is nothing going on and these MX delays are due to old planes or whatever, that's clearly BS.

apodino

Thu May 23, 2019 2:54 am

N983AN wrote:
Boof02671 wrote:

Why nothing from Sito Pantoja?

It is worth noting that Sito Pantoja currently sits on the United board of directors. Conflict of interest maybe?

sonicruiser

Thu May 23, 2019 3:02 am

Boof02671 wrote:
https://vimeo.com/337899934

Damn, he really got his ass roasted

Boof02671
Topic Author

Thu May 23, 2019 4:20 am

More bad PR coming soon. The FAA’s American Certificate Management Office has completed their investigation of your safety allegations in case S20190306004. The investigation substantiated a violation of an order, regulation or standard of the FAA related to improper maintenance

Super80Fan

Thu May 23, 2019 8:48 pm

Had to wait two different times in PHL yesterday for ground crew to show up before we could taxi to the gate. Then there was an overhead bin issue before we left the gate but the pilots made sure to get the overhead bin closed so we didn't have to call maintenance (good call because in this current situation maintenance would probably claim the plane had to be taken out of service).

I don't really care who's at fault but don't take it out on paying customers or pilots/flight attendants.
RIP McDonnell Douglas
RIP US Airways

LovePrunesAnet

Fri May 24, 2019 8:51 pm

Boof has LOTS of posts on this thread. I'm guessing it's because he "works his 8 and hits the gate" and has lots of time on his hands vs. being productive and efficient working for AA. Good for you, I guess?

From people on this thread heaping praise on Lenin to others blindly following union talking points as they march AA off the Eastern cliff into the ocean, my foe list continues to grow. Hope there's not a max you can add to it.

Maybe there needs to be a.nut for pro-union and a separate a.nut for anti-union. This thread has jumped the shark

EA CO AS

Fri May 24, 2019 10:21 pm

LovePrunesAnet wrote:
Boof has LOTS of posts on this thread. I'm guessing it's because he "works his 8 and hits the gate" and has lots of time on his hands vs. being productive and efficient working for AA. Good for you, I guess?

Assuming the other online profiles are correct where he uses the same username, he's neither an AA employee nor a union member anymore.

But hey, details, right? :duck:
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group

bourbon

Mon May 27, 2019 7:58 pm

Boof02671 wrote:
The Association’s response:

“WASHINGTON, May 21, 2019— The TWU-IAM Association today issued the following statement in response to American Airlines’ request for an injunction against the Association:

“It is unfortunate that American Airlines has chosen to abandon negotiating with its employees and instead go straight to federal court. The airline is frustrated with the Association for refusing to allow more of our maintenance and repair work to be outsourced to South America, China and Europe. We are also standing strong against cuts to our medical benefits and retirement security. Our members value American Airlines fliers and work hard every day to ensure they have the best experience possible.

“The Association is ready and willing to get back to the bargaining table at any time and negotiate a fair joint collective bargaining agreement, but to do so would take a willing partner. We would much prefer to be at the negotiating table than in a legal battle brought on by American.”

The TWU-IAM Association was formed in 2015 following the merger of US Airways and American Airlines. Both the Transport Workers Union (TWU) and the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) jointly represent Fleet Service, Mechanic and Related, and Stores employees at the merged carrier. More information about the TWU-IAM Associations and its negotiations with American Airlines is available at usaamerger.com.”

https://www.goiam.org/press-releases/tw ... s-lawsuit/

No work has been outsourced to South America though. You’d think they’d at least be able to get the geography right regarding Salvador/Aeroman

Boof02671
Topic Author

Mon May 27, 2019 8:20 pm

bourbon wrote:
Boof02671 wrote:

“WASHINGTON, May 21, 2019— The TWU-IAM Association today issued the following statement in response to American Airlines’ request for an injunction against the Association:

“It is unfortunate that American Airlines has chosen to abandon negotiating with its employees and instead go straight to federal court. The airline is frustrated with the Association for refusing to allow more of our maintenance and repair work to be outsourced to South America, China and Europe. We are also standing strong against cuts to our medical benefits and retirement security. Our members value American Airlines fliers and work hard every day to ensure they have the best experience possible.

“The Association is ready and willing to get back to the bargaining table at any time and negotiate a fair joint collective bargaining agreement, but to do so would take a willing partner. We would much prefer to be at the negotiating table than in a legal battle brought on by American.”

The TWU-IAM Association was formed in 2015 following the merger of US Airways and American Airlines. Both the Transport Workers Union (TWU) and the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) jointly represent Fleet Service, Mechanic and Related, and Stores employees at the merged carrier. More information about the TWU-IAM Associations and its negotiations with American Airlines is available at usaamerger.com.”

No work has been outsourced to South America though. You’d think they’d at least be able to get the geography right regarding Salvador/Aeroman

Wrong AA built a hangar at San Paulo.

https://fsb-ae.com/project/wide-body-he ... ce-hangar/

Maybe you are the one who needs to get it right.

chepos

Mon May 27, 2019 8:23 pm

bourbon wrote:
Boof02671 wrote:

I believe they are referencing MTC work on aircraft that sit idle during the day in South America. The hangar in GRU I know has been a sore spot. Work already is being done in SCL and EZE while the planes sit during the day, that being said these are AA employees (just not US based AA employee, they consider it outsourcing of labor).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly the Flag!!!!

Boof02671
Topic Author

Mon May 27, 2019 8:57 pm

It’s not done by US based unionized mechanics it does count towards the percentage of outsourcing
Last edited by Boof02671 on Mon May 27, 2019 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Antarius

Mon May 27, 2019 9:12 pm

Boof02671 wrote:
bourbon wrote:
Boof02671 wrote:

Is this done? All I can see is that they planned to build it.

Also, you posted in the thread about GRU that this was AA mechanics overseas and therefore no job loss. How is that outsourcing?

Refresher on that: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1357493&start=50

Boof02671
Topic Author

Mon May 27, 2019 9:13 pm

Yes it’s done and open

It outsourcing as it’s not done by IAM/TWU members who are AA employees and have a Collective Bargaining Agreement.

The work being done there counts towards the outsourcing formula.

bourbon

Mon May 27, 2019 9:57 pm

Boof02671 wrote:
Yes it’s done and open

It outsourcing as it’s not done by IAM/TWU members who are AA employees and have a Collective Bargaining Agreement.

It is not outsourcing. It is work done by AA employees utilizing man power while an aircraft is on the ground on its RON. Not utilizing this ground time would be the epitome of irresponsible.

The Hangar In GRU is there because it gets hot as hell in Sao Paolo.

Outsourced would be to an outside vendor which the AA employees in SCL, EZE and GRU are NOT.

Boof02671
Topic Author

Mon May 27, 2019 10:04 pm

bourbon wrote:
Boof02671 wrote:
Yes it’s done and open

It is not outsourcing. It is work done by AA employees utilizing man power while an aircraft is on the ground on its RON. Not utilizing this ground time would be the epitome of irresponsible.

Outsourced would be to an outside vendor which the AA employees in SCL, EZE and GRU are NOT.

It’s outsourcing according to the CBA agreed to by AA and the union.

So you are wrong.

Antarius

Mon May 27, 2019 10:27 pm

Boof02671 wrote:
bourbon wrote:
Boof02671 wrote:
Yes it’s done and open

So you are wrong.

You argued the exact opposite here

https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtop ... 3&start=50

Boof02671
Topic Author

Mon May 27, 2019 10:31 pm

Things change, as AA has also equipped the hangar for heavy maintenance

AA has the right for LAA planes to have a percentage of line maintenance outsourced and LUS doesn’t permit line outsourced.

kiowa

Tue May 28, 2019 12:27 am

Antarius wrote:
Boof02671 wrote:
bourbon wrote:

Is this done? All I can see is that they planned to build it.

Also, you posted in the thread about GRU that this was AA mechanics overseas and therefore no job loss. How is that outsourcing?

Refresher on that: https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtop ... 3&start=50

Didn't I see that the hanger filled with fire foam shortly after being built? Hot APU or something set off the foam system? It was quite a picture.

bennett123

Tue May 28, 2019 6:23 am

Simple question.

How do staff apply pressure on management without impacting customers.

incitatus

Thu May 30, 2019 1:46 pm

Boof02671 wrote:

So you are wrong.

Every US airline has multiple aircraft sitting all day long in GRU. Having some sort of decent facility there so that aircraft can land in the US clean for more flying makes very much sense.

Now, no foreign company would build a facility in Brazil just to outsource maintenance. The business environment is Brazil is absolute crap with conflicting regulation, over-taxation and corruption. At the end of the day nothing is cheaper in Brazil. For a company looking to outsource, building a maintenance facility in Chile or Mexico makes much more sense.

I find surprising that AA took so long to decide on a hangar in GRU. It should have been there 20 years ago.
I do not consume Murdoch products including the Wall Street Journal

Boof02671
Topic Author

Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:18 pm

NSFW

This is how AA treats it’s mechanics for a corrosion write up

https://youtu.be/PeBFSq6Q-00

Boof02671
Topic Author

Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:58 pm

YouTube took it down here is another link to the video.

https://www.myqnapcloud.com/share/6091i ... 6ec7#/home

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos