Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Morgenstern1234
Topic Author

Japanese airline ANA plans to fly to Moscow and Vladivostok by 2020

Sun May 26, 2019 3:01 am

Wow according to Russian media sources ANA plans to fly to Moscow and Vladivostok according to Russian state media https://tass.ru/ekonomika/6470773

TWA772LR

Re: Japanese airline ANA plans to fly to Moscow and Vladivostok by 2020

Sun May 26, 2019 4:10 am

Good for them!

It looks like S7 flies Vladivostok-NRT and is the only one on that route, theres probably some room there for NH. I wonder if Moscow will be served from HND; is that possible under the Russia/Japan bilateral?
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

Morgenstern1234
Topic Author

Sun May 26, 2019 4:15 am

I also wonder which airport in Moscow ANA would fly to..

Morgenstern1234
Topic Author

Sun May 26, 2019 4:17 am

TWA772LR wrote:
Good for them!

It looks like S7 flies Vladivostok-NRT and is the only one on that route, theres probably some room there for NH. I wonder if Moscow will be served from HND; is that possible under the Russia/Japan bilateral?

Russian carriers have the majority of Russia japan seats, so I can assume that there would be room for NH

Morgenstern1234
Topic Author

Sun May 26, 2019 4:28 am

Morgenstern1234 wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:
Good for them!

For Vladivostok I sure there would be enough room for another daily flight, apparently right now there’s 6 daily flights between Seoul and Vladivostok, plus Vladivostok is a visa free part of Russia

For serving Moscow from Haneda not sure about the bilaterals, but Haneda-moscow would probably be aimed at more premium passengers?

YYZORD

Sun May 26, 2019 4:42 am

I was wishing they'd finally fly to YYZ, I flew them from ORD-HND round trip and I just love NH a lot. I just wish they didn't ignore YYZ compared to other north american destinations asian carriers fly. There is enough demand for a 2nd tokyo flight from YYZ.

anrec80

Sun May 26, 2019 4:46 am

Morgenstern1234 wrote:
For Vladivostok I sure there would be enough room for another daily flight, apparently right now there’s 6 daily flights between Seoul and Vladivostok, plus Vladivostok is a visa free part of Russia

For serving Moscow from Haneda not sure about the bilaterals, but Haneda-moscow would probably be aimed at more premium passengers?

There is a visa-free agreement between South Korea and Russia. I don't think one exists between Russia and Japan. And I do not believe Vladivostok-Tokyo flights are even daily.

MoKa777

Sun May 26, 2019 4:52 am

I'm actually surprised that they don't already operate these routes... you learn something every day.
Never be proud. Always be grateful.

Morgenstern1234
Topic Author

Sun May 26, 2019 5:55 am

anrec80 wrote:
Morgenstern1234 wrote:

There is a visa-free agreement between South Korea and Russia. I don't think one exists between Russia and Japan. And I do not believe Vladivostok-Tokyo flights are even daily.

Right now 1 daily Aeroflot 5 weekly s7 between Vladivostok and Tokyo, between Moscow and tokyo it’s one daily Aeroflot from SVO and one daily JAL from DME that’s with the visa barrier rights now on both sides

Pcoder

Sun May 26, 2019 6:52 am

The reason for ANA's lack of Russian services probably has to do with the legacy of JAL being the Flag carrier. Even now various overflight rights (and probably other rights too) in Russia are restricted to select airlines.

Morgenstern1234
Topic Author

Sun May 26, 2019 6:57 am

Pcoder wrote:
The reason for ANA's lack of Russian services probably has to do with the legacy of JAL being the Flag carrier. Even now various overflight rights (and probably other rights too) in Russia are restricted to select airlines.

Flights to Moscow don’t need Russian overflight rights

Pcoder

Sun May 26, 2019 6:59 am

Morgenstern1234 wrote:
Pcoder wrote:

Flights to Moscow don’t need Russian overflight rights

I'm Just using it as an example of how restrictive some of the Russian requirements are. So probably getting landing rights wouldn't be a walk in the park.

A321Lufthansa

Sun May 26, 2019 7:11 pm

Morgenstern1234 wrote:

Domodedovo seems the most logical variant as the majority of *A carriers flies there.
Last flown aircrafts: A21N TC-LSF < B738 TC-JVY < E190 D-AECF < B77W VP-BGC < A320 VP-BOM < A320 VQ-BES < A320 OE-LBO < A21N CS-TJO < A21N CS-TXC < E190 CS-TPQ < A319 F-GRXC < A321 F-GTAH < B738 SP-LWF < E175 SP-LII

Morgenstern1234
Topic Author

Sun May 26, 2019 8:02 pm

A321Lufthansa wrote:
Morgenstern1234 wrote:

Domodedovo seems the most logical variant as the majority of *A carriers flies there.

I wouldn’t rule out SVO as JAL already flies to DNE

A321Lufthansa

Sun May 26, 2019 8:05 pm

Morgenstern1234 wrote:
A321Lufthansa wrote:
Morgenstern1234 wrote:

I wouldn’t rule out SVO as JAL already flies to DNE

That doesn't matter. Aeroflot already flies from SVO so both airports have at least one career performing to Tokyo. DME is the most preferred airport to *A in Moscow. Exceptions are TK (in VKO), CA (SVO), LO (SVO but has a seasonal flight to DME) and SN (in few days moving to SVO though its future in *A is undefined due to integration into EW).
Last flown aircrafts: A21N TC-LSF < B738 TC-JVY < E190 D-AECF < B77W VP-BGC < A320 VP-BOM < A320 VQ-BES < A320 OE-LBO < A21N CS-TJO < A21N CS-TXC < E190 CS-TPQ < A319 F-GRXC < A321 F-GTAH < B738 SP-LWF < E175 SP-LII

MIflyer12

Sun May 26, 2019 8:53 pm

YYZORD wrote:
I was wishing they'd finally fly to YYZ, I flew them from ORD-HND round trip and I just love NH a lot. I just wish they didn't ignore YYZ compared to other north american destinations asian carriers fly. There is enough demand for a 2nd tokyo flight from YYZ.

Ask Canadian officials why they're negotiated so few open skies agreements compared to the U.S.

YYZORD

Sun May 26, 2019 9:33 pm

Canada has open skies with Japan so that isn't the issue!

MIflyer12 wrote:
YYZORD wrote:

Ask Canadian officials why they're negotiated so few open skies agreements compared to the U.S.

Rajahdhani

Sun May 26, 2019 9:42 pm

I wonder what aircraft type they will use on the route(s)...

The Vladivostok route is likely to be shipping industry based, and/or may be interesting for the purposes of cargo. I wonder how they will go on the capacity vs frequency debate - considering that the route can be served by so many aircraft in the fleet. Would LCC-esque services work here? Perhaps, as a third entrant?

As an aside - how does S7 cooperate with JL on the routes (as both are part of OneWorld)?

AtomicGarden

Sun May 26, 2019 10:18 pm

MoKa777 wrote:
I'm actually surprised that they don't already operate these routes... you learn something every day.

+1
You killed a black astronaut, Cyril! That's like killing a unicorn!

Morgenstern1234
Topic Author

Sun May 26, 2019 10:48 pm

Rajahdhani wrote:

The Vladivostok route is likely to be shipping industry based, and/or may be interesting for the purposes of cargo. I wonder how they will go on the capacity vs frequency debate - considering that the route can be served by so many aircraft in the fleet. Would LCC-esque services work here? Perhaps, as a third entrant?

As an aside - how does S7 cooperate with JL on the routes (as both are part of OneWorld)?

S7 codeshares on on JAL’s DME NRT and JAL codeshares on S7 Services from Tokyo to Vladivostok Khabarovsk Irkutsk and Novosibirsk

Melbourne

Sun May 26, 2019 11:19 pm

Suprised no one has mentioned Aurora (Aeroflot's Far Eastern subsidiary) who mainly took over operations of Vladivostok Avia & SAT Sakhalinsk,

They operate to Tokyo NRT from Vladivostok VVO
SU5480 / SU481 Five times weekly A319 service

They also operate to Sapporo CTS from Yuzhno Sakhalinsk, Ural Airlines also operate twice weekly A320 services to CTS although from VVO.

wangjm777

Mon May 27, 2019 12:19 am

Rajahdhani wrote:

I think VVO is a perfect A321 route. Unless they want to haul a lot of cargo.

Morgenstern1234
Topic Author

Mon May 27, 2019 8:23 am

wangjm777 wrote:
Rajahdhani wrote:

I think VVO is a perfect A321 route. Unless they want to haul a lot of cargo.

They could even fly their Mitsubishi regional jet (when they get it) or their bombardier dash 4 Q800 to VVO
It’s only 2 hours....
And then Moscow would be their 787-8

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos