TK105

Re: Turkish Aviation June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:15 pm

aldrigsomandre wrote:
Also, at the Tourism Conference, some Turkish colleagues mentioned that ESB really needs rail connections to be more competitive. Why isn't the municipality getting on that?

I do not want to start a political debate here, but I think selection of location of ESB is even worse than new IST and it is not over natural roads of Ankara which is very difficult to reach from city center. Therefore a railway or subway investment will be very expensive and inefficient. I sometimes wonder if it is a concidence that ESB was built by DP and new IST is built by AKP!
The future is in the skies.

ankaraflyjet

Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:16 pm

The negotiations for YVR has been ongoing since 2014, nothing agreed as of this moment, it is up to TK to accept or to reject it. If TK accepts it the bilateral will be amended to cater for this, I gave the status from negotiations. I am telling you the situation as is, not an expectation or wish.

Yes it is true that Canadian CAA is reluctant to give additional slots to TK at YYZ and YUL, it will not happen soon.

I will let you know once the deal is agreed, you will not hear what you from me from on the websites my friend, I will post it here as soon as the agreement is reached and the announcements will follow,

Hope that is clear…

Last but not I don't have insight to Egyptian situation, I only report developments that is happening between Turkey and Canada.

Thenoflyzone wrote:
ankaraflyjet wrote:
Canadian Civil Aviation Authority offered 2 slots per week for YVR IST
It is up to TK to accept it now
TK’s request for additional slots at Toronto and Montreal was declined
I sincerely hope TK goes forward with Vancouver launch, it will be a good start for a new beginning

It doesn't sound like Canada to enforce a location (YVR) where TK can use these supposed extra 2x weekly frequencies.

Canada's latest increases with countries like the U.A.E, Qatar, Jordan, Algeria or Egypt have included frequency increases to any points in Canada.

https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/c ... 57261.html

https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/c ... 65859.html

Why would it be different with Turkey?

You need to elaborate.

Do you mean no slots were available at YYZ or YUL due to congestion? If TK requested a 5 or 6 pm arrival at YYZ and was denied by the GTAA, that is something else entirely, and doesn't involve the Canadian government.

I highly doubt the Canadian government told TK you can't increase YYZ/YUL but can fly to YVR.

ankaraflyjet

Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:22 pm

Edmonton and Calgary will be very difficult. TK needs to turn Toronto and Montreal daily and launch Vancouver before Calgary could happen. It is another 10 years from today at the earliest the way things are progressing, YVR has been so hard to launch and still it is not sure, this is the third attempt since 2014 and in 2015 we got Canadian CAA give TK thrice weekly slots but TK insisted on daily YVR IST and the negotiations collapsed. TK was in a financial crisis and that was the main reason they missed the opportunity at that time.

Today 2 weekly slots are on the table for IST YVR, I hope they make up their mind and take it...It is a difficult market to enter to so they should take what is offered but we will see…

Ideally a triangle route IST-Calgary-Vancouver-IST would be great to start with.

TK105 wrote:
ankaraflyjet wrote:
Canadian Civil Aviation Authority offered 2 slots per week for YVR IST
It is up to TK to accept it now
TK’s request for additional slots at Toronto and Montreal was declined
I sincerely hope TK goes forward with Vancouver launch, it will be a good start for a new beginning

Lets hope Edmonton and/or Calgary will be next.

ankaraflyjet

Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:38 pm

With 15 million pax per annum capacity reached at ESB last year the airport needs a rail/subway connection but there is no funding available for the project unfortunately.. I wonder if with the economic recession in Turkey this will happen soon, the existing subway line extension is not happening soon is what I heard.

Yes, it is a fact that DP did ESB as well as they did the IST (Yeşliköy airport) but it would happen regardless in my opinion, Turkey needed these airports to accommodate the growing air transport sector and many airlines used IST and ESB en route in those years with 5th freedom rights. You could fly Pan Am from Rome to Ankara or from Ankara to Tehran or Baghdad or likewise Istanbul, Beirut and Paris etc.

The first foreign carrier that launched ESB was Pan Am in 40'ies on a postal traffic at Güvercinlik airport followed by KLM to launch Amsterdam Ankara before ESB was opened actually. They moved to ESB when it opened in 1956 and operated the route until 1990 when the First Gulf War broke out and Ankara was under Iraqi Scud missile range and all foreign airlines ceased ESB temporarily during 1st Gulf War due to insurance problems. It is a shame that KL never returned to ESB afterwards...

TK105 wrote:
aldrigsomandre wrote:
Also, at the Tourism Conference, some Turkish colleagues mentioned that ESB really needs rail connections to be more competitive. Why isn't the municipality getting on that?

I do not want to start a political debate here, but I think selection of location of ESB is even worse than new IST and it is not over natural roads of Ankara which is very difficult to reach from city center. Therefore a railway or subway investment will be very expensive and inefficient. I sometimes wonder if it is a concidence that ESB was built by DP and new IST is built by AKP!

Mystic

Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:43 pm

Josh Cahill made a video exposing scam.. ehh skytrax and their absurd airline ratings. He also touched on TK dropping to 3 stars. I really appreciate him for speaking out about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MOzjVxQCUo
Former HeyTK

ankaraflyjet

Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:44 pm

Some updates on Canada/Turkey Air Service Agreement negotiations;

For YVR IST 3 weekly flights proposed by Canadian CAA to THY and it is up to THY to accept it or not, it was 2 weekly last week, one more flight increased, I hope THY accepts this,
THY request to add additional frequency to YYZ and YUL not accepted;
AC is looking at reinstating YYZ IST from April/May 2020 as the number of Canadian torusits to Turkey doubled from 2015, decision is going to be made in August and will be subject to fleet availability
As I hear more I will report here,

Yakamoz

Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:03 pm

ankaraflyjet wrote:

For YVR IST 3 weekly flights proposed by Canadian CAA to THY and it is up to THY to accept it or not, it was 2 weekly last week, one more flight increased, I hope THY accepts this,
AC is looking at reinstating YYZ IST from April/May 2020 as the number of Canadian torusits to Turkey doubled from 2015, decision is going to be made in August and will be subject to fleet availability
3 weekly would be a good start for YVR. How are the load factors of YYZ or YUL?

qf789

Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:07 pm

Turkish Airlines second 789 TC-LLB has its first flight on Monday

https://twitter.com/B787FlightTest/stat ... 30528?s=20
Forum Moderator

ankaraflyjet

Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:25 pm

I do not have the load factors from TK so may be someone can provide that but I know that YYZ is one of the top 5 best revenue making operations for TK and YUL is no different, the flights are always packed throughout the year,
YVR will be very profitable in my opinion, I wrote many times here before so will not write the same things but there is huge potential from YVR, there is no scheduled year-round service for any destination East of Frankfurt (except New Delhi that is ethnic traffic) form YVR, it will be a great opportunity for TK to step in to this protected market. FYI the largest Persian population outside Iran is in LA and then Vancouver, that will tell how much connecting traffic TK will get YVR for Iranian towns that are well served from IST. With BA services halted to Tehran it is only LH moving people between YVR and THR so IST will again step on LH's foot there...

Yakamoz wrote:
ankaraflyjet wrote:

YYZORD

Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:00 pm

Damn this is big, by any chance do you know when TK will start IST-YVR after this announcement? Also will this have any effect on EK's SEA-DXB route?

ankaraflyjet wrote:
I do not have the load factors from TK so may be someone can provide that but I know that YYZ is one of the top 5 best revenue making operations for TK and YUL is no different, the flights are always packed throughout the year,
YVR will be very profitable in my opinion, I wrote many times here before so will not write the same things but there is huge potential from YVR, there is no scheduled year-round service for any destination East of Frankfurt (except New Delhi that is ethnic traffic) form YVR, it will be a great opportunity for TK to step in to this protected market. FYI the largest Persian population outside Iran is in LA and then Vancouver, that will tell how much connecting traffic TK will get YVR for Iranian towns that are well served from IST. With BA services halted to Tehran it is only LH moving people between YVR and THR so IST will again step on LH's foot there...

Yakamoz wrote:
ankaraflyjet wrote:

ankaraflyjet

Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:16 pm

TK needs to accept the offer first and foremost, that did not happen as of yet. If they accept it can happen as soon as the start of winter timetable or next year summer timetable that is end of March 2020. We will see.

787 is a great product for this route and could do it very cost efficiently than 777, the flight to IST will take 10 hours and 25 minutes versus 17 hours travel currently through YYZ or YUL.

I do not think SEA DXB route will be affected a lot from it but will definitely lose some premium pax to TK. SEA caters for Vancouver market too as YVR is a very protected market and most Canadians drive to Bellingham or Seatac, park their car and take a domestic flight to New York rather than fly YVR JFK for instance because the prices are less than half in the US. Canada.is a very protected market. It is a great opportunity for TK to get into YVR, LH is beating the drums for that not to happen…. Hopefully we will make it happen

YYZORD wrote:
Damn this is big, by any chance do you know when TK will start IST-YVR after this announcement? Also will this have any effect on EK's SEA-DXB route?

ankaraflyjet wrote:

Yakamoz wrote:

YYZORD

Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:04 am

its only protective when it comes to middle eastern carriers, other carriers like asian ones such as NH, JL, CX, KE, BR, etc. all added daily flights to the canadian destinations they serve.

ankaraflyjet wrote:
TK needs to accept the offer first and foremost, that did not happen as of yet. If they accept it can happen as soon as the start of winter timetable or next year summer timetable that is end of March 2020. We will see.

787 is a great product for this route and could do it very cost efficiently than 777, the flight to IST will take 10 hours and 25 minutes versus 17 hours travel currently through YYZ or YUL.

I do not think SEA DXB route will be affected a lot from it but will definitely lose some premium pax to TK. SEA caters for Vancouver market too as YVR is a very protected market and most Canadians drive to Bellingham or Seatac, park their car and take a domestic flight to New York rather than fly YVR JFK for instance because the prices are less than half in the US. Canada.is a very protected market. It is a great opportunity for TK to get into YVR, LH is beating the drums for that not to happen…. Hopefully we will make it happen

YYZORD wrote:

ankaraflyjet wrote:

1g

Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:54 am

Turkish Airlines CEO revealed the cabin of the 787 on Twitter. If you ask me the new 1-2-1 business class configuration looks great... economy is 3-3-3

https://twitter.com/BilalEksiTHY/status ... 9584395264

TK787
Topic Author

Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:42 am

1g wrote:
Turkish Airlines CEO revealed the cabin of the 787 on Twitter. If you ask me the new 1-2-1 business class configuration looks great... economy is 3-3-3

https://twitter.com/BilalEksiTHY/status ... 9584395264

That is the color of the Y seat, "crimson Red" on the 787, that I could not find the photo earlier this month.
Nothing new here in the pics but looking at it but I can tell ROW 8A J single seat is near the window. That means ROW 1 starts with the seats near the aisle.
So the better, more private J single seats that are near the windows are ROW 2, ROW 4, ROW 6 and ROW 8.
And in terms of middle dual seats; "MARRIED"; side by side, ROWS are;ROW1, ROW3, ROW5 and ROW7 and "DIVORCED"; separate, seats are ROW 2, ROW 4 and ROW 6.
Correct me if I am wrong.
And maybe gokmengs can confirm, once on the first flight in couple of weeks.
The J seat plan will look like the Singapore Airlines 787-100, and ROW 5 might also likely be missing a window on TK 787s.
https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Singa ... 787-10.php
But, TK will have 8 single seats on the sides and 7 rows of dual seats in the middle for a total of 30 J seats.

TK787
Topic Author

Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:15 pm

That is the second TK 787 going to PDX to get painted.
Looking at right behind the landing gear. Is that what I think it is? RAM air turbine??

TK105

Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:04 pm

Any under the belly figuration for TK 787?
The future is in the skies.

gunnerman

Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:38 pm

A man who notified a flight attendant of his nut allergy just before a TK flight from Antalya to Gatwick was told to get off. On refusing he and his girlfriend were taken off by armed police. The couple had to buy new tickets to get home, but chose not to fly with TK.
https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/turkish-airlines-nut-allergy-passenger-kicked-off-flight-antalya-turkey-a8964916.html

AirbusA343

Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:28 pm

Anyone think TK or even Pegasus could order some A321XLRs? It seems like a good aircraft for them. It can reach pretty much all of Africa from Istanbul and most of Asia. For TK, it is a decent replacement for A330s flying places in Africa like Kinshasa and Seychelles and places in Asia like Kabul, Colombo, Malé, Dhaka etc. It could also be used in addition to A330s used in Africa, for example to Lagos and Nairobi. Then again, the 737 MAXs probably can fulfill what TK want to achieve in Africa. Maybe A321neo conversions to XLRs (10ish frames)?

mafaky

Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:49 am

Turkish Consulate, Republic of Turkey, has just declared that IST - EWR services will begin in a month's time? Any insider info, on that? (Have seen nothing on Airlineroutes, unless I totally missed it...????)
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.

TK787
Topic Author

Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:53 pm

Sorry about jumping from one subject to another but I wanted to share a positive experience with TK website:
Had a flight 3 days ago that I was missing the miles. I filled out that "Claim missing miles" section at the site and when I clicked enter; "Your miles are registered" page came up. I checked and I got immediate credited miles and in a few minutes I got an email about the credited miles. Very fast and unexpected :)

qf789

Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:55 pm

TK787 wrote:

That is the second TK 787 going to PDX to get painted.
Looking at right behind the landing gear. Is that what I think it is? RAM air turbine??

Yes that is correct
Forum Moderator

1g

Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:49 pm

mafaky wrote:
Turkish Consulate, Republic of Turkey, has just declared that IST - EWR services will begin in a month's time? Any insider info, on that? (Have seen nothing on Airlineroutes, unless I totally missed it...????)

Where did you read this and from which Consulate? The New York Consulate? Because Turkey has over a 100 consulates around the world.

mafaky

Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:50 am

1g wrote:
mafaky wrote:

Where did you read this and from which Consulate? The New York Consulate? Because Turkey has over a 100 consulates around the world.

Yes, it was the New York Consular, who was delivering a speech at the occasion of 25th anniversary of TK's IST-JFK flights.
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.

LAXintl

Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:55 am

mafaky wrote:
1g wrote:
mafaky wrote:

Yes, it was the New York Consular, who was delivering a speech at the occasion of 25th anniversary of TK's IST-JFK flights.

:confused: :confused:

Its all non-sense.

Also for info TK launched JFK back in 1988.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

TK787
Topic Author

Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:57 am

LAXintl wrote:

:confused: :confused:

Its all non-sense.

Also for info TK launched JFK back in 1988.

I think they were celebrating the 25th anniversary of nonstop flights. (1994)

Mystic

Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:29 pm

Very dissapointed in SunExpress. My flight XQ945 AMS - ADB never arrived from Ankara. I noticed that the plane had not left Ankara when I was traveling to Schiphol and I notified SunExpress customer service but they said there wasn't any change to the flight so I arrived to a empty check-in desk.. I called SX again and they told me to wait until they would notify me of new information.. 5 hours later STILL NOTHING. The flight was supposed to leave at 20:15 but it has been delayed. First it was delayed to 6AM but now there is no confirmed time. So all passengers are stranded and booked to hotels which was a whole ordeal of itself.
My problem is with my connecting flight from Izmir to Istanbul in the morning with TK2313 which I am probably going to miss too and TK customer service says they cant book me to another flight. I was really looking forward to my first B777 flight too. Is there anything I can do?
Last edited by Mystic on Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Former HeyTK

MeCe

Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:37 pm

mafaky wrote:

Dont think it s possible. Will try get more info on monday

LAXintl

Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:06 pm

At the IATA slot conference in Cape Town which ended yesterday, the folks from SAW formally announced their new marketing brand as "City Airport of Istanbul"

Obviously, they will work to capitalize on the fact the new airport is quite distant, yet their own facility is also quite distant also especially for those on the European side. But hey that's marketing..
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

mict

Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:54 am

Mystic wrote:
My problem is with my connecting flight from Izmir to Istanbul in the morning with TK2313 which I am probably going to miss too and TK customer service says they cant book me to another flight. I was really looking forward to my first B777 flight too. Is there anything I can do?

Aren't all TK domestic fares flexible? I am always able to change mines for about ~$5 USD (25 Turkish Lira) or ~10 USD to cancel.

Mystic

Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:14 am

mict wrote:
Mystic wrote:

Aren't all TK domestic fares flexible? I am always able to change mines for about ~$5 USD (25 Turkish Lira) or ~10 USD to cancel.

He told me mine was a promotion ticket and it was impossible to make changes to it. Sunexpress now says the delay is untill 13:50pm so I am 100% missing the TK flight.
Do I have a claim for a compensation? I also misssed my Hotel booking in Izmir for this night before the TK flight. I already made a claim to Airhelp for flight delays but not sure if that will come out positive (will take probably 3 months to result).
Former HeyTK

mercure1

Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:17 am

LAXintl wrote:
At the IATA slot conference in Cape Town which ended yesterday, the folks from SAW formally announced their new marketing brand as "City Airport of Istanbul"

Obviously, they will work to capitalize on the fact the new airport is quite distant, yet their own facility is also quite distant also especially for those on the European side. But hey that's marketing..

They must have someone that worked at Ryanair marketing department previously. :spin:
mercure f-wtcc

dozerman

Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:21 am

Mystic wrote:
mict wrote:
Mystic wrote:

He told me mine was a promotion ticket and it was impossible to make changes to it. Sunexpress now says the delay is untill 13:50pm so I am 100% missing the TK flight.
Do I have a claim for a compensation? I also misssed my Hotel booking in Izmir for this night before the TK flight. I already made a claim to Airhelp for flight delays but not sure if that will come out positive (will take probably 3 months to result).

If the flights are booked under the same reservation they will book you to the next available flight free of charge. If it is separate reservations you're out of luck.

But for the XQ flight, unless the flight was delayed by something beyond the airline's control (like weather, which is unlikely in the summer) you should be eligible for €400 compensation, as required by the EU261 legislation. See the Sunexpress passenger rights here.

TK1

Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:45 am

IST-EWR services will begin on 17th July. The service will be operated daily with a A330-300

https://forumusa.com/amerika-usa-amerik ... den-mujde/

Blerg

Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:50 pm

TK1 wrote:
IST-EWR services will begin on 17th July. The service will be operated daily with a A330-300

Interesting. Will TK and UA code-share or will TK have to rely on its own network at IST to fill the seats?

mict

Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:17 pm

Mystic wrote:
mict wrote:
Mystic wrote:

Yes you are entitled to 600 EUR under EU Regulation 261/2004.

TK787
Topic Author

Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:19 pm

TK1 wrote:

I have a hard time believing this, no official TK announcement, not bookable on TK website, 3 weeks out.

mict

Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:30 pm

Interesting, TK is operating the B787 on IST-MAN (TK1995) on Oct 17th as a one off (couldn't see it on other dates, usually a A330).

Mystic

Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:01 am

So SunExpress XQ945 from 21 june, was delayed 28 hours and departed 12pm the next day.. I booked to Pegasus during the afternoon and arrived at Istanbul before SunExpress ever departed from Amsterdam. Terrible experience. Will never fly XQ again.
Former HeyTK

qf789

Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:08 pm

TK will add 789 to DXB on certain dates in September

https://twitter.com/Airlineroute/status ... 07714?s=20
Forum Moderator

Blerg

Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:14 pm

qf789 wrote:
TK will add 789 to DXB on certain dates in September

https://twitter.com/Airlineroute/status ... 07714?s=20

Interesting, I guess they will offer a superior product compared to EK or are they more or less the same?

TK787
Topic Author

Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:16 am

TK 737MAX schedule for this coming winter, almost all African routes:
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... rk-in-w19/

TK787
Topic Author

Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:23 am

And different photos of the TK 789 interiors. Looking at these I changed my seat to 6A from 3A to get the more private, close to window option.
Again, according to my thinking ; Rows 2, 4, 6 and 8 have the single seats are closer to windows.
https://twitter.com/TurkishAirlines/sta ... b878-9s%2F

Blerg

Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:57 am

TK increases IAD from 7 to 10 weekly.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... pril-2020/

1g

Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:20 pm

The 787 is looking good alright. Can't wait for it to come to Turkey.

https://twitter.com/JenSchuld/status/11 ... 6021797889

1g

Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:56 am

TKs first 787 on its way to IST.

https://www.flightradar24.com/TK6830/210a2f2d

TK787
Topic Author

Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:25 am

TK having a questionnaire to name the first TK 787; too bad "TK787" is not one of the options :)
https://twitter.com/hashtag/RüyaGibi?sr ... nketi.html

Mystic

Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:58 am

My flight TK1953 is at 15:00 today, what time should I leave leave Taksim and get on the Havaist to make it on time? Would 3 hours be enough?
Former HeyTK

ist2014

Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:17 am

I have one question:
Considering that TK has a strong321 ceo/neo fleet, i wonder why these birds are not deployed on relatively long missions in Africa and asia and CIS, are they too big for that missions? For example u never see 321 at almaty, astana, bishkek and african routes
There should be some issues otherwise considering max crisis 321 could be a good lift, any body to comment?

gokmengs

Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:45 am

TK787 wrote:
TK having a questionnaire to name the first TK 787; too bad "TK787" is not one of the options :)
https://twitter.com/hashtag/RüyaGibi?sr ... nketi.html

I responded Zeugma however I just only won my first election of my life, so wasnt expecting it to win the questionnaire and yes I was right its behind "Gobeklitepe" by a wide margin:)
Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa Yaşa, Adın Yazılacak Mücevher Taşa

smbukas

Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:07 am

ist2014 wrote:
I have one question:
Considering that TK has a strong321 ceo/neo fleet, i wonder why these birds are not deployed on relatively long missions in Africa and asia and CIS, are they too big for that missions? For example u never see 321 at almaty, astana, bishkek and african routes
There should be some issues otherwise considering max crisis 321 could be a good lift, any body to comment?

Well, A321s are not LR versions. Generally speaking about aircraft performance, one of the small performance differences between 737NG vs 320CEO and 737MAX vs 320NEO is that generally, 737 family has a little bit more range and these birds performing better on longer missions, when 320 is doing better at short missions. So, when TK has both A320 and B737 fleets it makes sense them to put A320 more on shorter flights and B737 on longer missions.

I was not following updates on interiors, but it used to be at TK fleet that B737 is more designed for longer flights (with a better business class hard product and IFE screens in economy).

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos