aryonoco

Re: Why does Iranian Carries use very old aircraft?

Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:48 pm

I think the OP's questions has been sufficiently (again) answered, and this thread is now, like every thread on this subject, descending into a useless politics discussion. Time to close it.

opticalilyushin

Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:40 am

PixelPilot wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

They’d gotten themselves out of it as well until the orange menace decided to screw with the deal, which was working. So I stand by my comment.

Maybe they should burn less American flags and stop chanting death to the USA.
You can't have it both ways.
Just saying.

If you genuinely believe that a small mob burning a flag = the entire country doing or supporting the same, i suggest you learn to take what you see in the news with a pinch of salt..this is what the media does. If using the same principle i could assume that because of some news report or Social Media video that every American is a gun wielding, YeeHawing loudmouth, but we all know that isn't true..far from it. In reality the vast majority of Iran's population likes America (perhaps not Trump), and wants to be friends with the country again, just ask anyone there.

The terrible thing about long standing conflicts like this is that neither side is completely innocent, both have blood on their hands, but people so easily get defensive of their side and forget what really happened. How would US citizens feel if a foreign body or nation overthrew their government to force a leader into power who would exploit their country's resourses for their gain.. How would the Iranians feel if their embassies- their little diplomatic sovereign territories were invaded or attacked, not happy. It's a dark and violent past, and both sides need to remember what they did, then move on and find a way to build bridges.

opticalilyushin

Re: Why do Iranian Carries use very old aircraft?

Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:43 am

Regarding the Russified Superjet, this could actually be a great option for Iran IF Sukhoi can sort out the aftercare/spare parts supply. It's a modern and efficient type, but Iranian citizens HATE Russian build aircraft, they have too many bad memories of the Tu154, IL-62 and IR-AN140 incidents

SQ22

Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:49 am

aryonoco wrote:
I think the OP's questions has been sufficiently (again) answered, and this thread is now, like every thread on this subject, descending into a useless politics discussion. Time to close it.

I agree that the questions have been answered and its time to lock the thread. Feel free to continue to discuss the political part in non-aviation forum.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos