ClassicLover

Re: Irish 6/19: Dublin's bubblin' ...

Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:59 pm

Eirules wrote:
Nice to see perhaps, nice to fly is another matter altogether

Why? Nothing wrong with the Boeing 737 MAX or no MAX.
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!

Skyblue39

Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:37 pm

ClassicLover wrote:
Eirules wrote:

Nothing wrong with the 737 MAX... are you for real?!

Eirules

Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:18 pm

ClassicLover wrote:
Eirules wrote:

Nothing wrong with the MAX? Think that’s a very debatable question.

That aside, given that IAG have ordered these for the budget / holiday fleets in the group and given the continued “enhancements” at BA such as densification of the LGW 777s, reduced euro traveller pitch on A320 NEOs, removal of middle seat tray in Club Europe etc, I’d imagine these MAX aircraft may be a pretty uncomfortable ride
The way you cut your meat reflects the way you live....

ClassicLover

Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:25 am

Skyblue39 wrote:

Eirules wrote:

Yes, I am for real - the issue with MCAS has been fixed, they're just waiting on completing testing/certification.

If there was actually a problem with the aircraft, Boeing wouldn't be selling it and the airlines with it would be dumping it.

There -was- a problem with the MAX.

Eirules wrote:
That aside, given that IAG have ordered these for the budget / holiday fleets in the group and given the continued “enhancements” at BA such as densification of the LGW 777s, reduced euro traveller pitch on A320 NEOs, removal of middle seat tray in Club Europe etc, I’d imagine these MAX aircraft may be a pretty uncomfortable ride

It is telling that IAG have referred to it as the Boeing 737-8 and Boeing 737-10 in their press release, with no mention whatsoever of MAX. I'll be interested to see if the designation actually lasts - I read an article where Boeing was asked whether there'd be a name change, but they said they had no plans to do so.

Removal of the middle seat tray in Club Europe on new aircraft is due to the way the in seat power had to be placed. They were unable to come up with a solution that enabled in seat power and the tray.

I doubt the 737 will be any less comfortable than the A320 fleet since the on board product will presumably be the same. It was the same when there were 737s at LGW and A320s at LHR before.

EI321

Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:31 pm

ASL airlines orders 737-800 converted freighters

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... fi-459177/

embraer420

Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:53 pm

ClassicLover wrote:
Eirules wrote:

AFAIK the real issue with the MAX is the engine placement. That can't be fixed with MCAS or any other software.
I've flown the MAX a few times, including transatlantic with Norwegian and Air Canada. I'm not sure I would get back onboard one if I could help it.

alancostello

Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:27 pm

embraer420 wrote:
ClassicLover wrote:
Eirules wrote:

AFAIK the real issue with the MAX is the engine placement. That can't be fixed with MCAS or any other software.
I've flown the MAX a few times, including transatlantic with Norwegian and Air Canada. I'm not sure I would get back onboard one if I could help it.

Engine placement is the reason for MCAS one the 737-8 and 737-9 (the 737-10 doesn't have the same centre of gravity problem due to its length). Personally I don't think MCAS is an issue, just as I don't consider the use of autopilot to be an issue, the problem is that they didn't tell pilots about MCAS or how to disable it, and it only took data from one sensor that could malfunction. Pilots obviously know about it now, and there will be significant training on it, including it taking data from more than one sensor.

Statistically speaking, the safest time to fly a MAX will be just after it's reintroduction, pilots, mechanics, and all airline staff will be acutely aware of its problems, its perceptions, and will be flying with an abundance of caution.

ckpaeg

Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:06 am

ClassicLover wrote:
Skyblue39 wrote:

Eirules wrote:

Yes, I am for real - the issue with MCAS has been fixed, they're just waiting on completing testing/certification.

If there was actually a problem with the aircraft, Boeing wouldn't be selling it and the airlines with it would be dumping it.

There -was- a problem with the MAX.

You are out of your mind if you think you know better than the FAA and all the other aviation bodies who have yet to declare the MAX airworthy. Arrogant much?

There was and is a problem with this aircraft. Nobody other than you seems to think it’s resolved.

eirflot

Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:38 am

Excuse me Ckpaeg - Boeing DID sell an aircraft that was faulty and they did sell it knowing that a problem existed! So your point is?

I am sure the airlines that have MAX8's wilk wait until they themselves are satisfied to its safety.

The FAA comes out of this incident smelling like manure and fairly smelly too! The level of self certification by Boeing is unusual! I think commercial interests were favoured 8over safety!

BrianDromey

Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:16 am

Im very excited about the potential the XLR has for EI. I’d love to see them flying eastwards, but that would be a tricky market. There is some traffic from North America to India, for example. EI it is a rapidly growing market with massive potential, but massively price sensitive and there is a risk that an airline like Vistara could get 787/A350 and cream off the higher-yield traffic with non-stops.

My guess is that EI will use IAG’s strength in North America to cover Canadian and US destinations like Hartford. Charleston, Kansas, Indianapolis, Cleveland, Nashville, St Louis have all had low frequency, seasonal service launched by Icelandair/Wow/BA or Condor could be unlocked by the XLR and hefty incentives. For EI specifically the likes of AUS and HOU might be attractive, although AA might be less keen. This article suggests the likes of Columbus, [Ohio]; Jacksonville, [Fla.], Milwaukee, Memphis, San Antonio and Sacramento could be viable too, Sacramento is probably pushing the XLR too far, even from Dublin.
https://www.travelweekly.com/Travel-New ... -US-cities

OA260

Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:40 am

Belfast City Airport emergency response as Flybe flight takes off and returns

Emergency services were called shortly before 8am on Thursday morning

Emergency services were called to Belfast City Airport this morning after a Flybe flight took off and was forced to return to the airport.

The fire service, police and Bangor Coastguard Rescue Team were joined by Bangor, Donaghadee and Larne RNLI at the scene.

It is understood the issues involves a Flybe flight which was leaving Belfast for Edinburgh on Thursday morning, June 20, and there are around 80 people on board.

www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news ... e-16456841

eicvd

Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:28 am

Two small observations from the last few days in DUB. On Monday afternoon there must have been some problem at the Terminal 1 departure gates, queue snaked half way back down the terminal towards the FR check in area. For the time of day to have that many going through security there has to be a problem. Leaving last night at 10, there was a TOM flight checking in, passengers didn’t seem to happy, understandable since they should have departed 6 hours earlier. Sunwing being unreliable again.
COYBIB

ClassicLover

Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:32 pm

ckpaeg wrote:
You are out of your mind if you think you know better than the FAA and all the other aviation bodies who have yet to declare the MAX airworthy. Arrogant much?

There was and is a problem with this aircraft. Nobody other than you seems to think it’s resolved.

You might want to keep up with current events. As I said, the problem has been identified and a fix developed which is being tested and is undergoing certification.

I never said knew better than the FAA and other aviation bodies, that's all you.

ckpaeg

Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:27 pm

ClassicLover - Wrong. You said “There -was- a problem with the MAX”.

Patently incorrect. There is a problem. Nobody has said it is in the past, apart from yourself. Your trivialisation of the issue and it’s remediation is quite astounding.

As for keeping up with current events, perhaps you’d like to tell us that the newest issue to be made public (the ability of pilots to manually move the wheel in the cockpit that shifts control surfaces) has also been resolved?

ckpaeg

Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:31 pm

eirflot wrote:
Excuse me Ckpaeg - Boeing DID sell an aircraft that was faulty and they did sell it knowing that a problem existed! So your point is?

I am sure the airlines that have MAX8's wilk wait until they themselves are satisfied to its safety.

The FAA comes out of this incident smelling like manure and fairly smelly too! The level of self certification by Boeing is unusual! I think commercial interests were favoured 8over safety!

Eirflor, completely agree with you. The quotation function wasn’t working for me. My comments were towards the bottom of the post. The defence of Boeing, etc., was not mine.

ClassicLover

Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:45 pm

ckpaeg wrote:

Patently incorrect. There is a problem. Nobody has said it is in the past, apart from yourself. Your trivialisation of the issue and it’s remediation is quite astounding.

As for keeping up with current events, perhaps you’d like to tell us that the newest issue to be made public (the ability of pilots to manually move the wheel in the cockpit that shifts control surfaces) has also been resolved?

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/paris-boeing-sticks-to-737-max-safety-message-as-sh-458947/

"Boeing is now waiting for the Federal Aviation Administration and other countries' regulators to certify its update to the 737 Max's manoeuvring characteristics augmentation system (MCAS)."

There is also some more in the article as well. The take-away here is that Boeing has completed their changes, believe they address the problem, and are waiting for them to be certified.

Eirules

Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:52 pm

ClassicLover wrote:
ckpaeg wrote:

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/paris-boeing-sticks-to-737-max-safety-message-as-sh-458947/

"Boeing is now waiting for the Federal Aviation Administration and other countries' regulators to certify its update to the 737 Max's manoeuvring characteristics augmentation system (MCAS)."

There is also some more in the article as well. The take-away here is that Boeing has completed their changes, believe they address the problem, and are waiting for them to be certified.

ClassicLover, I usually like and agree with your comments but on this I’m a million miles away. Boeing built a plane based on a 50 year old frame and put it into service knowing it had handling issues. They failed to tell the airlines this and instead relied on a software system to correct the problem. A single sensor with no redundancy gave this software its data. The FAA, perhaps due to complacency or a nod & wink attitude or a belief that “oh no way Boeing would deliver unsafe planes to the airlines”, allowed them to self certify the NAX. Other regulators around the world naively followed suit. Over 300 people are now dead.

Perhaps Boeing have sorted the issue of MCAS & pilots are now going to be far more aware. But it doesn’t change the aerodynamic problems of the plane and the necessity for software to correct it. And as it stands, still grounded, still not cleared by the FAA or anyone else, it’s still an unsafe place
The way you cut your meat reflects the way you live....

ClassicLover

Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:27 pm

Eirules wrote:
ClassicLover, I usually like and agree with your comments but on this I’m a million miles away. Boeing built a plane based on a 50 year old frame and put it into service knowing it had handling issues. They failed to tell the airlines this and instead relied on a software system to correct the problem. A single sensor with no redundancy gave this software its data. The FAA, perhaps due to complacency or a nod & wink attitude or a belief that “oh no way Boeing would deliver unsafe planes to the airlines”, allowed them to self certify the NAX. Other regulators around the world naively followed suit. Over 300 people are now dead.

Perhaps Boeing have sorted the issue of MCAS & pilots are now going to be far more aware. But it doesn’t change the aerodynamic problems of the plane and the necessity for software to correct it. And as it stands, still grounded, still not cleared by the FAA or anyone else, it’s still an unsafe place

At no time was I meaning to infer that Boeing and the regulators did a great job. In fact, quite the opposite when it comes to the MCAS and not including it in training initially. None of this should ever have happened in the first place, and it's going to have far reaching ramifications for the industry.

All I was pointing out was that the problem, according to Boeing, has been addressed and now they are moving on to getting regulatory approval for the changes. Once that approval is gained, the aircraft is considered to be airwothy and safe to fly on. That's all I was pointing out when I said the aircraft has no problem, as I was taking the information that it had been addressed as being the latest information. I certainly am not someone sitting back thinking "great job, Boeing, FAA, etc etc" so I do agree with you.

PlaneMad134

Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:30 pm

Hainan have had their licence take away for the Beijing to Dublin/Edinburgh and Shenzhen to Dublin will go to 1x weekly according to the CAAC.

embraer420

Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:35 pm

PlaneMad134 wrote:
Hainan have had their licence take away for the Beijing to Dublin/Edinburgh and Shenzhen to Dublin will go to 1x weekly according to the CAAC.

Sad news for Dublin Airport. The Shenzhen flight won't last, I heard it was performing badly anyway but once a week isn't competitive with connecting flights. (Speaking of which how is DUB-DME doing?)
Hopefully this isn't the end of the DUB-PEK route, I actually would rather CA or even EI (God forbid they would fly a long haul route to a major global city outside North America, they'd probably rather fly to bloody Denver or Vancouver or something instead) operated the route.

I still don't understand how Shenzhen got a flight before Shanghai or Guangzhou.

BrianDromey

Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:51 pm

Eirules wrote:

I agree the development and certification of the MAX asks a lot of difficult questions for the FAA and other regulators. But self-certification isn’t exclusive to this aircraft, Boeing or the FAA. There is just no way that the FAA can realistically go through each line of code on the aircraft HOWEVER that a system architecture that takes information from just a single sensor got through the certification process is worrying. I’m not worried about MCAS, I’m confident that will have been fixed and pressure tested, what other rush-jobs and bodges are hanging in the background, if I were the FAA I’d be looking into each and every system that was modified in any way to resemble NG/classic/Jurassic characteristics. The airlines demanded minimal or no differences in training, Boeing delivered what the airlines said they wanted. No one imagined that the compromises would lead to an uncontrollable aircraft at low altitude.

Eirules - I subtly disagree with you on the MAX’s “aerodynamic problems” - I don’t think anyone has said or implied that the aircraft is unstable or dangerous in itself, rather the CoG has moved forwards and altered the characteristics of the MAX 8/9 to the point where they could not be certified as NG variants, MCAS solved that problem. Systems of this effect are in all the Airbus aircraft, how else can an A318 fly the same as the A321 and similar to the A380? Granted they have been designed this way, rather than retrofitted, which is probably all the difference.

EI121

Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:19 pm

PlaneMad134 wrote:

Do you have a source? I was due to fly this route in August...

OA260

Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:51 am

Dublin Airport agrees €350m loan with EIB

The European Investment Bank has agreed a €350m loan to the DAA to help fund upgrades at Dublin Airport.

The 20-year loan will go towards the authority's current investment programme, which aims to improve operations at the airport during peak times.

The programme includes upgrades to its baggage screening systems and self-service check-in facilities, as well as improvements to its existing runways.

www.rte.ie/news/business/2019/0620/1056 ... rport-eib/

Uncertainty over £45m CoDA value

The Local Government Auditor Pamela McCreedy feared uncertainity over the Derry to London Public Service Obligation route could affect the value of airport assets, estimated at £45m last year.

In her Audit Report 2019, she wrote: “The key concern is the uncertainty in respect of sufficient funding for the London airport route. Should these going concern issues crystallise, then there may be a significant impairment on the carrying value of airport assets (£45 million as at 31 March 2018).”

The issue was resolved for the short term when in February British Transport Secretary, Chris Grayling, renewed the PSO for a further 2 years, until May 1, 2021.

www.derryjournal.com/news/uncertainty-o ... -1-8965117

—-

‘Mid West needs to stand up for Shannon or there will be no Airport’

Independent councillor PJ Ryan prompted the discussion, signalling his disapproval with the current situation at Shannon Airport. “We need to show leadership and have an input with the Airport. Sometimes it is extremely quiet, I’d be saying to Cathal in his role and I know well he will do his best, Gerry as Chair of the Shannon District and the Director need to up the ante to get Shannon performing 100%, it is definitely not performing 100% at the minute”.

“There are problems with marketing and we’re blaming Dublin, one of the major problems is the amount of people being taken out of the area on buses, it is a crazy situation”.

www.clareecho.ie/mid-west-needs-to-stan ... o-airport/

VFRonTop

Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:14 am

BrianDromey wrote:
...I’m confident that will have been fixed and pressure tested, what other rush-jobs and bodges are hanging in the background, if I were the FAA I’d be looking into each and every system that was modified in any way to resemble NG/classic/Jurassic characteristics. The airlines demanded minimal or no differences in training, Boeing delivered what the airlines said they wanted. No one imagined that the compromises would lead to an uncontrollable aircraft at low altitude....

Absolutely agree, this is the key point. Self-certification is a trust based system and whether knowingly or unknowingly Boeing has broken that trust with the MCAS flaw and resulting tragedies. The FAA, EASA and other national regulators have a statutory responsibility to fully re-certify the MAX before its deemed airworthy.

I also hope this is a trigger for all OEMs and regulators to review and reassess their approach to certification for iterative updates to existing designs.

planemanofnz

Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:45 am

With HU gone from BJS - DUB, one alternative option could be CZ launching BJS - DUB, not out of PEK, but from the new Daxing Airport?

Cheers,

C.

EI321

Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:25 am

If Dublin looses Hainan, wouldn't another airline have to apply for a licence to operate from China? I can't see anyone else giving it a go, if the loads are as bad as reported.

al2637

Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:15 am

I wonder why they "lost the licence"? Usually happens when CA want to operate a route.

alancostello

Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:15 pm

EI321 wrote:
If Dublin looses Hainan, wouldn't another airline have to apply for a licence to operate from China? I can't see anyone else giving it a go, if the loads are as bad as reported.

Someone might be more willing to give it a go with a direct routing or to a more desirable city, maybe even just seasonally.

EI121

Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:23 am

From another Irish forum....

Aer Lingus considering A330neos....

https://twitter.com/FullBatteryStu/status/1141251294302298112

planemanofnz

Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:29 am

alancostello wrote:
EI321 wrote:

Someone might be more willing to give it a go with a direct routing or to a more desirable city, maybe even just seasonally.

Also, CA and CZ might have better feed in BJS to make any BJS - DUB flight work, relative to HU. It's not all about BJS - DUB O&D.

Cheers,

C.

BrianDromey

Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:13 am

EI121 wrote:

It's been rumoured before, I think someone posted that the two A330s arriving next year are thought to be -900s? If EI wants to expand with factory fresh frames or to replace the A332s they will have to go with 339s. EI don't seem to have any concrete plans to head east from Dublin, so the A359 doesn't seem justified. I wonder if the 330NEO announcement might be part of a larger IAG order for LEVEL? That might explain why it wasn't announced at PAS?

embraer420

Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:20 pm

BrianDromey wrote:
EI121 wrote:

It's been rumoured before, I think someone posted that the two A330s arriving next year are thought to be -900s? If EI wants to expand with factory fresh frames or to replace the A332s they will have to go with 339s. EI don't seem to have any concrete plans to head east from Dublin, so the A359 doesn't seem justified. I wonder if the 330NEO announcement might be part of a larger IAG order for LEVEL? That might explain why it wasn't announced at PAS?

Why would they order two -300s brand new from the factory if they knew they were going to get A330neos?

eidvm

Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:37 pm

embraer420 wrote:
BrianDromey wrote:
EI121 wrote:

Why would they order two -300s brand new from the factory if they knew they were going to get A330neos?

Probably a deal they couldn’t refuse on some of the last A330CEOs coming off the line and possibly as part of a compensation deal for the delays to the A321LR deliveries.

OA260

Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:31 am

Ryanair Belfast passengers left stranded at Spanish airport

"We watched the plane we were supposed to be on, taxi to the runway and take off."

Passengers due to fly from Spain to Belfast were left stranded in Alicante as they watched their plane take off without them.

19 Ryanair customers stood at their gate in shock after being told they would not be making the journey to Belfast International Airport on Wednesday night.

The scheduled flight at 9:10pm flew off on time, with 19 empty seats on board, due to unknown circumstances.

www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news ... d-16470254

---

Female pilots told to choose between abortion and losing out on work, says union chief

Female pilots employed by Irish-registered airlines are being told to choose between having an abortion or losing work if they become pregnant, the Irish Air Line Pilots' Association (IALPA) has claimed.

IALPA president Captain Evan Cullen told an Oireachtas committee that it was "a matter of fact" that female pilots working as self-employed contractors with airlines registered in Ireland have had abortions to avoid losing out on future work.

"That is an absolute. They have a choice, you either terminate your employment under this type of employment or you terminate your pregnancy.

"You can't have both. So that is absolutely what goes on," Capt Cullen told the Oireachtas Employment Affairs committee.

www.independent.ie/irish-news/female-pi ... 39798.html

Eagleboy

Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:19 pm

EI121 wrote:

eidvm wrote:
embraer420 wrote:
Probably a deal they couldn’t refuse on some of the last A330CEOs coming off the line and possibly as part of a compensation deal for the delays to the A321LR deliveries.

Makes a lot of sense. EI have already stated that they are getting 2 new A333s before March next year. Theses will be among the last handful of ceo's delivered (military variants of the -200 excluded) While they may be operationally focused on the upcoming delivery of A321LRs over the next 12-18 months. Looking beyond that (as airlines must do) they will require replacement of their older A330s.
Thus the A330-800 would be the obvious direct replacement of the five -200s.
If they go the obvious route, then by 2024 EI could have a range of options for their TA routes;
184 seater A321LR/XLR, (14) ~270 seater A330-800neo, (5?) ~315 seater HGW A333 (15?)

JAmie2k9

Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:17 pm

Eagleboy wrote:
EI121 wrote:

eidvm wrote:
embraer420 wrote:

Makes a lot of sense. EI have already stated that they are getting 2 new A333s before March next year. Theses will be among the last handful of ceo's delivered (military variants of the -200 excluded) While they may be operationally focused on the upcoming delivery of A321LRs over the next 12-18 months. Looking beyond that (as airlines must do) they will require replacement of their older A330s.
Thus the A330-800 would be the obvious direct replacement of the five -200s.
If they go the obvious route, then by 2024 EI could have a range of options for their TA routes;
184 seater A321LR/XLR, (14) ~270 seater A330-800neo, (5?) ~315 seater HGW A333 (15?)

They will phase out 200s all together. Cost difference between 200/300 and NEO equivalent wont justify two types. 200s were really only useful until 300s could go west coast out of DUB (last 4 deliveries however two with crew rest only used)

shamrock350

Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:31 pm

The A338 would be a match in terms of capacity if you were looking for a like for like replacement but as JAmie2k9 says, the cost advantage is minimal and on a per seat basis the A339 is actually cheaper. The main selling point of the A338 is its extended range, something Aer Lingus doesn't require.

The A338 orders say a lot, just 10 on the books compared to 240 for the A339.

Either way, Aer Lingus is still evaluating second hand frames as early replacements for some of the older aircraft. This may kick the A330neo down the road a bit longer.

BrianDromey

Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:13 pm

My understanding was that the -200s would be slowly phased out in favour of -300/900s, but good GE powered -300s might be hard to find. A lot of the lightly used A330s would have RR engines, which might not be that attractive to EI with their GE powered versions, Qatar would be one of the few sources.

shamrock350

Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:42 pm

Aer Lingus will operate the A321LR on SNN-JFK from 12 March 2020.

Looks like all but possibly one 757 will be gone by the start of next summer.

tonystan

Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:08 pm

Well be seeing the 330Neo a lot sooner than some seem to speculate in my opinion!
My views are my own and do not reflect any other person or organisation.

EI321

Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:47 am

Are Lingus stated on Instagram recently that all aircraft including the 757s will be getting the new livery, I assume this was an error.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx1gvBNDSwe ... nnj2tqbb4k

shamrock350

Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:13 am

EI321 wrote:
Are Lingus stated on Instagram recently that all aircraft including the 757s will be getting the new livery, I assume this was an error.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx1gvBNDSwe ... nnj2tqbb4k

Looks like a copy and paste reply. I'm pretty sure all the 757s will be gone by this time next year.

tonystan wrote:
Well be seeing the 330Neo a lot sooner than some seem to speculate in my opinion!

Interesting... :listen:

shamrock604

Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:57 am

tonystan wrote:

If they’re confirming on social media that we will hear soon, I’d be pretty certain an order is imminent. EI generally careful re their language when it comes to new planes and routes, sticking to the script!

eirflot

Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:02 am

I think Evan Cullen likes the sound of his own voice. By now the Dail committees should be insisting on actual documented information or evidence on outlandish claims made! IALPA is such a champion for female rights!!!!

kaitak
Topic Author

Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:05 am

If EI gets the A33Neo, don't expect to see the A338 figure in its plans; the A321(X)LRs knock the A330-200 out of the water, so expect any future fleet plan to include just the A330-300/A330-900Neo and A321LR/XLR.

OA260

Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:26 am

Celebrating 15 years of flying from Belfast International

After flying millions of happy customers on holiday from Northern Ireland, this week we celebrated 15 years of Jet2.com flights from Belfast International Airport.

To mark the occasion, customers flying to the sunshine with us from Belfast International were given a special celebration of traditional Fifteens (a traditional tray bake from Northern Ireland), cake, refreshments, and two lucky customers even won a pair of return Jet2.com flights.

Colleagues from our award-winning team at Belfast International Airport also joined the celebrations.

Back in 2004, the first Jet2.com flight took off from Belfast International to Prague, with two destinations on sale at the time of launch. Today we operate to 30 destinations from Belfast International, with 450,000 seats on sale this summer alone and four based aircraft supporting this huge operation.

www.jet2.com/News/Celebrating_15_years_ ... rnational/

Congrats to Jet2 a great airline to fly with.

AmricanShamrok

Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:54 pm

Will the A321LRs be Wi-Fi equipped does anyone know?

EI321

Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:10 pm

AmricanShamrok wrote:
Will the A321LRs be Wi-Fi equipped does anyone know?

Yes. The satellite wifi antenna blister can be seen on the top of the aircraft in photos.

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9326980

JAmie2k9

Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:06 pm

JAmie2k9 wrote:
klm617 wrote:
Eagleboy wrote:
Airliner routes on twitter confirmed this will happen from 2nd Aug.
Not sure where the A321LR will be deployed in July.

(MSNs for 1st 3three aircraft are 8887, 8909, 8965)

https://twitter.com/Airlineroute?ref_sr ... r%5Eauthor
From Dublin, AerLingus A321neo LR to serve Hartford from 02AUG19 (moved back from 15AUG19), Newark from 13FEB20, Washington Dulles from 29OCT19, Philadelphia from 01NOV19

Well with all the A321LR frames spoken for in 2020 doesn't look like we can expect any new A321 routes next summer

Only 4 allocated in summer 2020 currently and 4 more due in 2020.

April 2020 (current schedules):
DUB-IAD (A332)
DUB-PHl (B752)
DUB-BDL (B752)
SNN-BOS (B752)

Not Confirmed:
SNN-JFK (B752)
DUB-YUL - if resumes as planned
DUB-MSP (B752) - might be A332 contender or split between both.
DUB-New Route

So they have an A330 (possibly two) and two A321 to schedule. Then again Airbus production line might have other plans!

Update from mid May 2020:
A321LR:
DUB-PHl (B752)
DUB-BDL (B752)
SNN-BOS (B752)
SNN-JFK (B752)
*4 more due in 2020 unallocated.

DUB-MSP going daily A330-200 (B752)
SEA daily A330-200 (x5)
LAX daily A330-300 (-200)
IAD daily A330-300 (-200, prev showing A321)

Plenty more changes expected.

Eagleboy

Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:52 pm

BrianDromey wrote:
EI121 wrote:

It's been rumoured before, I think someone posted that the two A330s arriving next year are thought to be -900s? I.......

Nope. The 2 A333s that EI are getting delivered will be A330-300s and among the last handful of 'ceo's on the line.
Was mentioned by the CEO earlier this year at the new livery unveil.
kaitak wrote:
..........Aer Lingus will take two of the last A330 Ceos, both -302s, in November this year and March of next year, MSNs 1950 and 1951. (I think MSN 1951 will be "parked" through the winter, so that legal delivery can take place in time for the summer season).
These will replace two A330-200s.

Personally I would disagree that the A321LR/XLR fleet negates the need for the sub-280 capacity of the -200 series. EI might be happy with the 184/265/315 capacity options. But if the cost between an -800 and a -900 is marginal the smart money would have to be on an mix of A321LR/A339 (over time obviously!)
But Im am pretty sure we will know soon enough.

I predict an A330neo in the EI fleet before Summer 2023...........

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos