aarbee

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:05 pm

JOYA380B747 wrote:
Clicked this today morning at DEL. Pretty neat paintjob I would say. The blue shade in the lower half of the fuselage remains.

ImageVistara 737 by Niladri Haldar, on Flickr

Nice. So this seems the JetKonnect aircraft - all economy (based om blue belly)
Love the AIXes

CaliguyNYC

Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:13 pm

aarbee wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
killswitch13 wrote:
^^^ sardar civil aviation minister fulfilling his fantasies with taxpayers money

Every politician tries to maximize service to his or her constituency.
And, rightly so....that’s why they get elected........” to bring home the bacon”.

There's a stark difference in Indian system. The executive has to be the part of the legislature.
"Every politician tries to maximize service to his or her constituency. " ---> True

And, rightly so....that’s why they get elected........” to bring home the bacon”.
Partly true. To bring home the bacon by convincing the appropriate ministry/bureaucrats that their constituency needs it.

The difference being no politician gets elected to be the minister of the Civil Aviation. The minister serves at the pleasure of Prime Minister/party/(legally) President and not being the minister of the constituency.

Having said that historically, what I described is an exception. E.g. the railway ministry has behaved more like Railway minister of Bihar, RM of Karnataka, RM of West Bengal, etc.

edealinfo wrote:
And, there is a market for the flight he introduced.

In this case, I think that's its a pure co-incidence that CA Minister seems to have an vested interest . Point in case CA minster Puri did not even win the Lok Sabha seat (He contested from Amritsar and was defeated).

The market can be further nurtured. It would have more popularity if it was DEL-ATQ-YYZ as well as understand the fact that this would be more VFR route and not have fancy dreams of running this flight on the backs of Business class revenue.

-R

On the question if the flight should be ATQ-DEL-YYZ or DEL-ATQ-YYZ, I think the flight should 100% be ATQ-DEL-YYZ. YYZ punjabis are not just going to ATQ nor is YYZ just punjabis (they aren't even the majority anymore in YYZ). AI's hub is DEL. Flying nonstop to DEL opens up all of India to connections. The ATQ-YYZ crowd has historically been some of the most price conscious and willing to fly some dodgy airlines. AI captures the premium ATQ market and the premium DEL plus India market with the DEL-YYZ routing. Remember ATQ pax will probably clear customs and immigration in ATQ and have one flight number. I hope the YYZ-DEL flight connects to MAA and CMB because of the large Sri Lankan Tamil pop there as well.

aarbee

Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:15 pm

FligtReporter wrote:
Though I agree with you but can you explain what do you mean by "IF THE GOV EVER STARTS AN AIRLINE AGAIN" AI is the first and oldest and even that was started by Late Mr.Tata So Gov just snatched it.

Well GOI did start Vayudoot and Alliance Air (now AIX).
:P

FligtReporter wrote:
I dont know much about Indian railways because the last time I travlled on an Indian train it was back in 2009 as a really small shool kid so I dont know what services they have however I have heard and seen many reports of Indian trains derailing,Bombed,Roach in food and sort of similar news..Oh wait I actually watched some videos of the new train the bharat express which looks really nice and clean..Id love to try that but it doesnt come to my city.

Vande Bharat Express. For you Kanpur is 2 hour ride away, if you are interested.

I was pressed for time, but I did seriously consider to fly to DEL to try Vande Bharat Express earlier this year.

-R
Love the AIXes

aarbee

Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:20 pm

FligtReporter wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
These planes were often described as the "flying coffins" [because of the relatively high accident rates]. RIP.

Yeah i did read that somewhere a few years ago..However I loved them.
There are few things I wish AI never changes
1 ) Maharaja
2 ) Palace Style Windows ( That makes the windoes look more bigger and elegant )
3 ) Red tail

IMO AI has the most beautiful Livery on the Planet and I hope the palace window and red combination never changes.

I agree. Though Scindia tried to do away with it decades ago.

-R
Love the AIXes

aarbee

Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:24 pm

Vimanav wrote:
edealinfo wrote:

These planes were often described as the "flying coffins" [because of the relatively high accident rates]. RIP.

And just how do you describe them as flying coffins?

Of the first 31 A320s Indian Airlines ordered (the 4 wheel bogey MLG aircraft) only one, Echo Papa November was lost on Valentine's day 1990. Otherwise there have been no fatalities involving Indian Airlines/Air India's A320 family aircraft (except for the engineer getting sucked into an A319) in a service spanning 31 years. That's an outstanding flying record... and without coffins.

brgds//Vimanav

Great clarification. For some reason I thought AMD crash was A320 too (It was B737).

Though IC had some rough times late eightes/early nineties :(

-R
Love the AIXes

airboss787

Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:25 pm

aarbee wrote:
JOYA380B747 wrote:
Clicked this today morning at DEL. Pretty neat paintjob I would say. The blue shade in the lower half of the fuselage remains.

ImageVistara 737 by Niladri Haldar, on Flickr

Nice. So this seems the JetKonnect aircraft - all economy (based om blue belly)

This is a regular mainline Jet Airways aircraft. I do not think Vistara has taken any JetKonnect aircraft. All Jet Airways aircraft have the blue tint near the belly. This will be a J12 Y156 configured aircraft.
Star Alliance Gold

sabby

Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:28 pm

devmapper wrote:
Well, 9W tried to be everything to everyone. They wanted to be a FSC for premium passengers, and a LCC for those who prefer to pay as little as possible for a 2-3 hour domestic flight. If UK can tune their product to appeal primarily at passengers looking for an upgrade to the 6E cattle class, with an amazing FFP that can be used for international travel and upgrades, they should be able to carve out a niche. Keep in mind India is a status conscious country, so a clever marketing campaign to sell UK's product as a "respite" from the hoi-polloi should appeal to the egos of a chunk of passengers with some pricing leeway. As far as I remember, IT was doing pretty well as an "aspirational" brand before they went crazy with their widebody orders and DN purchase. The balance they'd have to find is how to profitably offer frequency to J and Y+ passengers without flying with half-empty frames. Perhaps they'd want to drop their current J seat and look for ways to sell an upgraded Y+ product as a close approximation to increase density.

The A321XLR should also enable UK to open up point-to-point routes serving J class passengers that are underserved (BLR/MAA-ICN/TYO), as well as explore codeshares with smaller EU airlines (like OS or SN) to let their core constituency visit "aspirational" vacation destinations should be profitable. I am not sure 6E would have the medium-haul market out of India sewn up as many here think, because after the initial novelty wears off, people would be looking for more bang for buck and 6E's inboard product might not be satisfactory. UK should be able to provide an acceptable product.

I agree with you, there is a good market for a FSC - but they clearly need to distinguish themselves with their value proposition. I think it is a good sign that UK configured some of their latest A320neo as all Y. Apart from the trunk routes, there won't be much demand for a true business class product. A few rows of Y+ with 35" pitch and a meal service would be a good offer for premium passengers that are willing to pay for it. As for the rest of the Y, have free tea/coffee ala SAS and maybe add a cookie along with a better checked baggage allowance of 23 kg and better seats with couple of inches more legroom - that should be significantly better than the LCC offerings and I bet there are enough people who would pay for it. They do need to market it well though to advertise all the benefits and the costs needs to be within reasonable distance so that it looks attractive to people with more disposable income.

aarbee

Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:50 pm

FligtReporter wrote:
Vistara with its upcoming 6 78-9s dosnt seem to WIDELY Expand their network and Im sure it will hurt them internationally as well especially if they fly the sectors where AI flies given the MAJORITY Indians fly AI cuz it offers the cheapest prices..its like the 6E of long haul and I guess India could instead be a regional hub with IndiGo being the flag bearer and I think 6E could capitalize on their LCC model and huge fleet by operating flights to Egypt,Seychelles,Indonesia,Bhutan,Afghanistan,Iran,Gulf,Ethiopia,Mauritius (VIA Seychelles) theres a huge potential and i think even wih their 320s n 321 LRs they can make it happen.

when an Egypt air and Ethiopian 738 can make it frm AdAbb and Cairo to Vabb then Im sure a 321 can fly at least much longer than that.

I don't want to get into the AI/cheap fares debate (because of no experience), but If Vistara when it gets going is going to revolve around BOM/DEL/LON/NYC for long haul international, I do not see them being any different then the existing products.

-R
Love the AIXes

aarbee

Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:01 pm

FligtReporter wrote:

I can already see IndiGo converting their A321LR into these ones..waita minute..So isnt this cheating by airbus ?
Like if this is their ULTRA LONG RANGE then why make a lower long range and sell it..Its like Iphone they launch a 5 then 6 then 7 and all of them are the same crappy phones with just a lill bigger screen and size and thats it.

With these ones IndiGo can easily fly to Tokyo,London,oslo,Switzerland,Frankfurt etc but then they already got played for a fool by Airbus lolz

Its called research and development. Back in 2014 that's what Airbus had to offer based on the market needs and their then current technological awareness.

Do more research over the years and if their market research shows need for XLR they are comfortable in offering it in 2019.
Love the AIXes

aarbee

Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:40 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
aarbee wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:
But hey small town India gets a foreign flight and cheap fares. This has never been about cheap fares for NRIs - many of us are alliance captive and pay premiums to fly our alliance, be it coach or business class. But that story doesn't work for the remarks here.

Right here, for some NRI's non-stop flights into BOM with 9W makes them alliance captive and pay premium.

But for the NRI's outside of BOM, where the rest of India (which pretty much plays ping-pong), the "foreign flights" are all about cheap fares.

These are the same NRIs who ignored the premium of sub-600 dollars fare and bought cheap tickets for $1100 to avoid BOM. 8-)

-R

Aarbee I was being flippant. I don't think NRIs have been posting here based on their need for cheap flights or any personal gains/agenda. We all are simply posting our opinions based on our reasonable judgement and the info we have seen. We may be right or wrong (sadly someone can't be banned for being an idiot or gullible). Do I suspect the motivations of many on this forum, hell yeah.

My point was just want to dispell the myth and emphatically bring attention, that flights to smaller cities/towns are NOT cheap from gulf.

CaliguyNYC wrote:
But what is the point of accusing fellow posters? I wish it would all stop. Lightsaber has warned people not to target people on their origin but yet poster keep doing it. Why? Let's debate aviation and leave all these personal attacks aside. At least being pro or anti an airline has to do with aviation. Anti someone's background should be a NO GO for people. I hope you join me on this. And two wrongs don't make a right. If you feel someone has done something that violates the code of conduct here, then please let us know. But national origin and personal attacks should be stopped.

Absolutely. But differing viewpoints should not be construed as attacks. Also at the same time there has to be level of maturity in debate so as not keep on consistently portray the picture they view using their own shades.

I'm not sure which attack you are referring to based on the background. It could be that origin might be referred as a moniker manifesting out of the boorish, outrageous, downright partisan claims being made by certain posters. You also need to comment on posters accusing others of hate/hatred/hater just because they get called out.

-R
Love the AIXes

FligtReporter

Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:38 am

aarbee wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:
edealinfo wrote:

Yeah i did read that somewhere a few years ago..However I loved them.
There are few things I wish AI never changes
1 ) Maharaja
2 ) Palace Style Windows ( That makes the windoes look more bigger and elegant )
3 ) Red tail

IMO AI has the most beautiful Livery on the Planet and I hope the palace window and red combination never changes.

I agree. Though Scindia tried to do away with it decades ago.

-R

Oh dear Lord...That livery is the most disgusting lookin piece of crap I've ever seen on a plane...I hope these photos remain for a long time so Indian politicians never commit such a horrendous mistake EVER AGAIN. :mad:

My One Cousin is an avgeek too based out of ORD and we do fight about our fav airlines,liveries etc and honestly If that were the livery AI be wearing today..I would outright boycott AI and Reject to accept it as my Flag Carier.

But thankfully,AI has that Most beautiful livery especially those Iconic Palace windows..So I'd probably only see the above ugly livery on internet :lol:

FligtReporter

Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:42 am

aarbee wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:
Though I agree with you but can you explain what do you mean by "IF THE GOV EVER STARTS AN AIRLINE AGAIN" AI is the first and oldest and even that was started by Late Mr.Tata So Gov just snatched it.

Well GOI did start Vayudoot and Alliance Air (now AIX).
:P

FligtReporter wrote:
I dont know much about Indian railways because the last time I travlled on an Indian train it was back in 2009 as a really small shool kid so I dont know what services they have however I have heard and seen many reports of Indian trains derailing,Bombed,Roach in food and sort of similar news..Oh wait I actually watched some videos of the new train the bharat express which looks really nice and clean..Id love to try that but it doesnt come to my city.

Vande Bharat Express. For you Kanpur is 2 hour ride away, if you are interested.

I was pressed for time, but I did seriously consider to fly to DEL to try Vande Bharat Express earlier this year.

-R

Bro I think ALLIANCE AIR is still ALLIANCE AIR and i flew it recently frm LKO-JAI it was earlier Air India Regional and I wasnt even born when both of these airlines were operating in 80s and early 90s but I have seen few pics of Alliance air they had 732s and also had a crash in patna.But do correct me if Im wrong.

And Yes Im trying my best to try the vande bharat express and I kne KNP is close to LKO but Its just inconvinient for Id need to be driven there so the best route I've come up with is Flying VILK-VIDP taking VBX to VNS and then VNS-VIDP-VILK.

I will surely share my experience once I fulfill this plan
Last edited by FligtReporter on Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

FligtReporter

Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:44 am

unnayan wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:
trinidadeG wrote:
I had heard that AI had grounded a sizeable number of aircraft for want of spares. So perhaps all those planes seem to be getting airworthy slowly. Not in a hurry, I guess,. The new flights are only due a few months away in Sept/October. AI also plans to re-instate the 787 on its DEL-COK-DXB rotation that was down-gauged to a narrow-body (indirectly because of Pak border closure). Points to an availability of more frames, methinks.

So far, the announced routes only seem to use up one 777 (to Toronto), One 787 (to NBO) and one frame (possibly an A320NEO) to DPS. And there's still spare capacity on the NBO plane to fly to another destination from BOM. So I feel that there is room for a lot more new flights if they can get their entire fleet working.

Im loving this new expansion finally AI is truly acting like a FLAG CARIER Flying to 5 Continents now..I think it would be great if AI could extend the BOM-Nairobi to Sao Paulo or some South American city and In sure they will get good Traffic for there r many folks who would love to travel to India Direct without changing planes and currently no Connectivity between IND and South AM.

Sao Paolo :o

Why?? Isn't AI in huge loss already? What traffic will it cater?

Well I reckon being a flag carier of a really rich gov has its perks lolz

VTCIE

Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:23 am

avier wrote:
One of 6E's worst nightmare is here:

AirAsia group has about a 100 A330-900Neo on order. I'm sure they wouldn't be using up all the frames for Malaysia/Thai ops. They would definitely deploy some in one of the more larger and promising aviation market through their subsidiary AirAsia India. Hence 6E is desperate for A321Neo XLR's and such.

6E’s worst nightmare my foot! It is very well known that AK/D7 and FD/XJ take the lion’s share of the aircraft at the AirAsia group, leaving very little for the Ind(ones)ian, Filipino and Japanese operations. It’s KUL and Bangkok all the way.

Rest assured, no AirAsia widebody will ever bear a VT- registration.
In grieving remembrance of the thousands of people who lost their lives on ET-AVJ, PK-LQP, XA-UHZ, S2-AGU, CP-2933, SU-GCC, EI-ETJ, D-AIPX, PK-AXC, 9M-MRD, VT-AXV and above all 9M-MRO, besides many more. Your deaths are not in vain. Safety first, always.

FligtReporter

Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:00 am

Ok So What the Praful patel is goin on with Skytrax ?

I have sort of trusted them in the past but now I dont give a Flying Rahul Gandhi to what their so called ratings say...like its literally a joke.

So I watched one of my fav YT Reviewer and he did make some good valid points how Skytrax is a corrupt org..even my cousins told me once but now after hearing and seeing so many pals having similar views n I myself sort of experiencing the sheer bizzarness of their ratings putting UA in top 100 is outa my wits..So I ain believin bias skytrax ratings no more Na na not today not tomorrow Na neva...!!

Im sure probably...Aah..IM CERTAIN that VJ Mallya got his way to 5 star cuz o'money.

unrave

Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:15 am

The 0/20 rule effectively blocks Air Asia India from launching a long haul international carrier so IndiGo need not be too concerned about that threat
Denial of racism is as egregious as racism itself

VTCIE

Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:28 am

AI has retired its last double-bogeyed A320, VT-ESL. End of an era. The last flight was AI865 from BOM to DEL. The plane had suffered many problems in her last few months, as per the article. Rest in peace, old legend. https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/ ... 022580.ece

unrave wrote:
The 0/20 rule effectively blocks Air Asia India from launching a long haul international carrier so IndiGo need not be too concerned about that threat

This, and the fact that the head honcho in Kuala Lumpur, which used to keep most of the group aircraft with his country’s airlines, AK and D7, has warmed up to his Thai counterpart, and now FD and XJ are enjoying the spoils.

At the other end of the scale, only three of I5’s 20+ A320s are sharkletted, and none of these is a neo. Moreover, the Indonesian operation has never been too successful—seeing as GA and Lion Group have a duopoly there—and Indonesia AirAsia X is all but dead. It is clear that any non-Malaysian and non-Thai airlines at the AirAsia group are being heavily cold-shouldered.
Last edited by VTCIE on Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
In grieving remembrance of the thousands of people who lost their lives on ET-AVJ, PK-LQP, XA-UHZ, S2-AGU, CP-2933, SU-GCC, EI-ETJ, D-AIPX, PK-AXC, 9M-MRD, VT-AXV and above all 9M-MRO, besides many more. Your deaths are not in vain. Safety first, always.

unrave

Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:30 am

I5 in effect is a money laundering scheme designed to enrich the Malaysian parent at the expense of the local unit.

FligtReporter

Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:38 am

unrave wrote:
I5 in effect is a money laundering scheme designed to enrich the Malaysian parent at the expense of the local unit.

So Isnt Vistara sort of similar to SIA what I5 is to Air Asia Malaysia. ?

unrave

Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:42 am

FligtReporter wrote:
unrave wrote:

No, definitely not.

FligtReporter

Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:51 am

unrave wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:
unrave wrote:

No, definitely not.

But what will happen once TaTa head R.Tata is no more (God may give him long life though but death is inevitable) What happens to the TATA and SIA JV and if things go wrong with TATA side of the UK then SIA might pull away and TaTa may land in the same scene as 9W..dont u think ?

anshabhi

Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:17 am

FligtReporter wrote:

But what will happen once TaTa head R.Tata is no more (God may give him long life though but death is inevitable) What happens to the TATA and SIA JV and if things go wrong with TATA side of the UK then SIA might pull away and TaTa may land in the same scene as 9W..dont u think ?

Tata is barely dependent on Ratan Tata today. It has a board to run Tata Sons and all of it fledgling businesses.

FligtReporter

Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:59 am

anshabhi wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:

Tata is barely dependent on Ratan Tata today. It has a board to run Tata Sons and all of it fledgling businesses.

Hmm thats nice to know However given the demise of Private airlines in the recent times..I wont be laying my love on UK unless they survive for 30+ years( I hope they do though )

So I'll probably continue with my forever affair with AI :)

FligtReporter

Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:52 am

Can anyone tell me if the A321 XLR will have the AI's A320 Classic like "BOGEY LANDING GEARS" ? or common single gears as the present 321s ?

unrave

Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:27 am

FligtReporter wrote:
Can anyone tell me if the A321 XLR will have the AI's A320 Classic like "BOGEY LANDING GEARS" ? or common single gears as the present 321s ?

Bogey landing gears on A320 are a legacy of the late 80s. The differences from the existing A321 are: an integrated rear centre fuel tank plus the auxiliary centre tank system of the A321LR, upgraded landing gear, and new flaps (source: runwaygirlnetwork)

FligtReporter

Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:54 am

unrave wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:

Bogey landing gears on A320 are a legacy of the late 80s. The differences from the existing A321 are: an integrated rear centre fuel tank plus the auxiliary centre tank system of the A321LR, upgraded landing gear, and new flaps (source: runwaygirlnetwork)

Oh..Im proud to have flown the double bogey 320 !

unrave

Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:02 pm

After falling 4.5% in April domestic traffic growth has returned to positive territory in May with a growth of 2.96%.
Further number of departures in Mumbai has recovered to within 10% of its peak following the loss of up to one third of total departures with the shutdown of Jet.
https://www.cnbctv18.com/aviation/that- ... 726041.htm

Goes to show the efforts of GoI in quick redistribution of slots have borne fruit. Well done.

dtw2hyd

Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:11 pm

FligtReporter wrote:

Don't worry they are still in storage, ready to be reactivated, just is case CFM-NEOs get grounded. Design and build quality of current generation planes are poor.

If AI is not in such a financial pickle, it should be the launch customer for A321XLR. There is no other country in the world which can benefit from A321XLR like India.

unrave

Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:22 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
Design and build quality of current generation planes are poor.

This statement could easily be shown to be false by showing the relative occurrence of accidents per billion ASKM flown

hohd

Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:14 pm

unrave wrote:

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/in ... 448209.cms

They have around 20 aircraft now and they will launch international ops soon, likely to KUL.

FligtReporter

Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:23 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:

Don't worry they are still in storage, ready to be reactivated, just is case CFM-NEOs get grounded. Design and build quality of current generation planes are poor.

If AI is not in such a financial pickle, it should be the launch customer for A321XLR. There is no other country in the world which can benefit from A321XLR like India.

I dont think any financial Pickle could stop AI from buying planes if they need any.I mean if the ( GOI ) wants any then they will go ahead and buy it but I reckon the GOI just dont need them may be.

Financial troubles have been goin on for a last decade..The only financial pickle that would land AI in trouble would be If all indian people stop paying taxes or If Indian Economy crashes (Neither of these two seems possible) cuz thats what runs AI lol.

I guess I have accepted deep within somewhere that may be it will continue like this till the end of time and all I can do is hope that the gov improves AI or get some folks in the management who know how to strictly handle the AI staff..and those uncles and aunties who treat young gentlemen as their relatives' children and even dont hesitate to give a scold :mad: .Like honestly what the Wendy Williams is this attitude now ? its one of the aspects I hate of AI

But anyhow,Same Old AI..what do i do..I have to like it the way it is :lol:
Last edited by FligtReporter on Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CaliguyNYC

Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:26 pm

unrave wrote:

Unrave could you give more info here. Seems like a big accusation.

unrave

Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:56 pm

hohd wrote:
unrave wrote:

They have around 20 aircraft now and they will launch international ops soon, likely to KUL.

Yes but they cannot float a Air Asia India X unit for widebody ops like they have been doing elsewhere

sabby

Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:04 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
unrave wrote:

Yeah, this is the first I'm hearing that accusation too - would like to have some source. I always thought it was clear that they wanted to get some of the LCC pie of India because of the insane growth and later be a decent feeder for their other Air Asia X (Thai/Malay) operations. Also, this was before Vistara when Tata were looking to re-enter the aviation sector.

unrave

Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:18 pm

sabby wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:

Yeah, this is the first I'm hearing that accusation too - would like to have some source. I always thought it was clear that they wanted to get some of the LCC pie of India because of the insane growth and later be a decent feeder for their other Air Asia X (Thai/Malay) operations. Also, this was before Vistara when Tata were looking to re-enter the aviation sector.

That was hyberbole, but only by a bit. The Indian unit has to pay hefty royalties to the parent company just for using the brand name. It also has to pay a fee for common marketing services, such as the website. Even the planes are leased from the parent and the rates may not be what is prevalent in the market. No wonder that even when other Indian LCCs make money, Air Asia India continues to bleed.
Last edited by unrave on Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

binayak

Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:24 pm

Vistara and United Airlines will code share as per latest news.
Well Delta seriously lost the battle here. I think DL will try AI now
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today

unrave

Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:26 pm

binayak wrote:

Isn't UA a Star Alliance member? Strange that they would partner with UK and not AI

sabby

Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:29 pm

unrave wrote:
sabby wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:

That was hyberbole, but only by a bit. The Indian unit has to pay hefty royalties to the parent company just for using the brand name. It also has to pay a fee for common marketing services, such as the website. Even the planes are leased from the parent and the rats may not be what is prevalent in the market. No wonder that even when other Indian LCCs make money, Air Asia India continues to bleed.

From what I hear, they have the worst pitch among the LCCs on narrow bodies. I believe majority of their timings are also at very late night or other odd times, no wonder they don't make money - I wouldn't ever fly them or any of their sibling airlines (9 abreast Y in A330 !). There has also been some bad press about their flight ir-ops in the last few years I think. It is very clear that all the Air Asia operations through out the South and South-east Asian countries are setup to make money for the Malaysian units, but there' nothing illegal or unethical about it. Most businesses all over the world use loopholes to avoid tax and make more money.

FligtReporter

Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:06 pm

binayak wrote:

Well Even though I Like UK and everything but the recent faliures of WOW,JET and air berlin has now made me care less for private airlines(FSC) in India.I duno whether they will be able to fly as long as Jet did but time will tell and UA code sharing with UK is I not ironical cause they probably need a domestic partner in India due ti its huge size and I think they wont share pact with AI as AI gives them tough competition in their US sectors so may be thats why and its futile to have any pact as they both are SA members..probably thats why...I'd love to learn about various views and opinion in this issue though.

FligtReporter

Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:15 pm

unrave wrote:
binayak wrote:

Isn't UA a Star Alliance member? Strange that they would partner with UK and not AI

I dont think AI and UA need amy sort of Code share pact between them as AI already has pacts with Air Canada and EU airlines which do give AI pax a good connection to iner US cities via LHR or CDG etc..So their salty relationship is fine at least they r in the same alliance and one can use each others lounges and earn points on either of them which is pretty decent and fine lol.

lightsaber

Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:19 pm

binayak wrote:

I thought DL would lean towards SpiceJet or Indigo. What prevents them from partnering? With Vistara owner in *A, partnering with UA seems like the right thing to do.

Did I miss a UA flight to India?

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

anshabhi

Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:20 pm

unrave wrote:
hohd wrote:
unrave wrote:

Yes but they cannot float a Air Asia India X unit for widebody ops like they have been doing elsewhere

They don't have to float a new unit necessarily. It's more like a branding initiative.

They can operate widebodies out of India with their existing Air Operator Permit

JOYA380B747

Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:22 pm

FligtReporter wrote:
I have sort of trusted them in the past but now I dont give a Flying Rahul Gandhi to what their so called ratings say...like its literally a joke.

Skytrax is the largest corrupt company within the global aviation world. There is nothing within its rating system that takes place without money. The entire aviation industry knows its place and yet somehow it thrives.
India's biggest loss w.r.t global aviation (so far) - Being an Australasia-Europe stopover.

FligtReporter

Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:29 pm

JOYA380B747 wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:

Skytrax is the largest corrupt company within the global aviation world. There is nothing within its rating system that takes place without money. The entire aviation industry knows its place and yet somehow it thrives.

Yeah but as Im evolving and getting to learn the facts myself now I know why It was the biggest MISTAKE OF MY LIFE to consider this So called RATING agency as VALID...Na na No sir..Na t'day..Neva eva.

I will only believe in tripadvisor ratings than ever going to the skytrax website.

Thanks a lot for reaffirming my doubts..1 Can make it 2 can make it but now with hundreds of my avgeek friends and aviation industry folks tell me the same thing is now a Signal to wake up.

THANKS AGAIN MR.A380

FligtReporter

Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:46 pm

Skytrax Rated Vistara Cabin Crew as the best in south/Central asia..seems like daddy SIA is bribing SkyTr...na FAKEtrax to promote their baby ;)

Also its ironical how VISTARA was 89 or 88 last year and this time its 69..Like what the Usain bolt is that now :stirthepot: ? such a rapid jump...i knew somethin fishy must be goin on behind the scenes.

Also how on earth they dont have El Al and AI in their TOP 100 ? Two Airlines with some extra ordinary features..I remember a year ago it was prolly when I read a report on QUARTZ news which mentioned AI as the second best LEGROOM offering airline in the WORLD *After Turkish* :twisted:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/qz.com/929 ... money/amp/

And not only that Im pretty sure no other major airline would be offering 25 KG of FREE CHECK IN BAGGAGE allowance on domestic flights but Naa...FAKEtrax wont see it.

Yet this Money eating Leech FAKEtrax has its own INVISIBLE guidelines to RATE airlines.

BuByee...FakeTrax IM DONE WitChu..!! :biting:
Last edited by FligtReporter on Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dtw2hyd

Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:55 pm

binayak wrote:

SQ, JAL and now UA, seems like UK is the preferred partner for *A. Would UK being an FSC be able to match 9W Mumbai domestic network, time will tell.

DL appears to be looking for a partner which has a bigger network and less likely to disappear quickly like 9W. AI fits the bill. Modi may shut down AI anytime, so no guarantee there either.

CPS001

Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:01 pm

unrave wrote:
binayak wrote:

They already do, not sure if it's a codeshare or just an interline, but you can book single tickets and earn/redeem miles AFAIK. In fact a lot of airlines flying into BOM/DEL interline with both UK and AI so nothing unusual here.

FligtReporter

Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:04 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
binayak wrote:

SQ, JAL and now UA, seems like UK is the preferred partner for *A. Would UK being an FSC be able to match 9W Mumbai domestic network, time will tell.

DL appears to be looking for a partner which has a bigger network and less likely to disappear quickly like 9W. AI fits the bill. Modi may shut down AI anytime, so no guarantee there either.

I disagree with "MODI MAY SHUT DOWN AI ANYTIME"
No politician would wanna Nail their own coffin besides with Jet's demise people already BLAMING MODI do you think he would want 20+K employees on the roads burnin his Fgies ?

I highly doubt AI shutting down in the near eternity...I mean it might get partial privatised or somethin like that but AI shutting down would be a nightmare for millions of Indians who look upto AI as the only choice to stay connected with our family abroad and those who fly to paradisal locations like Khajuraho for get aways and yes also the common man.

Possibility of AI's shutting down will be equal to Taylor swift's single not trending No.1 on Youtube the day of its release..Thats jss no possible IMO.

One airline which I believe is likely to disappear in the next decade is UK...and the possibility of this is as much as Wendy Williams Hot Topics.

VTCIE

Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:30 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
binayak wrote:

lightsaber wrote:
binayak wrote:

I thought DL would lean towards SpiceJet or Indigo. What prevents them from partnering? With Vistara owner in *A, partnering with UA seems like the right thing to do.

Did I miss a UA flight to India?

Lightsaber

janders wrote:
Well that reduces chance Delta will be able to partner with Vistara for its upcoming India service.

Not that Delta wants an Indian partner anyway. Once bitten, twice shy. DL will have to go it alone in the country. It will simply make do without the local feed—OR it can enter into a partnership with GoAir, as that is all that is left. Gol in Brazil, Go in India!

dtw2hyd

Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:31 pm

FligtReporter wrote:
I disagree with...

You are entitled to your opinion.

The present tagline is most of the 9W 23000 found "jobs", good enough for the general public.

A concerned economist would quantify the loss to the economy in terms of fewer international ASKMs deployed, fewer departures, fewer goods, and services purchased. Vendors and government lost revenue.

But having a fierce defender of falsehood as finance minister, one can do anything. Even shutting down another in months.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos