Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

FligtReporter

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:26 pm

hohd wrote:
UA is continuing its non-relationship with AI by getting Vistara for code shares. However it really does not matter as UA interlines with AI and many itineraries I have seen include AI and UA. AI has improved vastly and if the Pak airspace is not resolved soon, UA will lose even more, in fact even the proposed SFO-DEL and the existing but now suspended EWR-DEL flights may be in doubt. And I am saying as a UA premier gold member that UA is not that much better than AI.

I can say from my personal experience that UA is THE WORST Airline in the world..Its not THAT Much Better its actually way more worse than what ppl think of AI to be..Like For Real.

Honestly,all Indian airlines ( EXCEPT Spicejet ) are at least a Trillion times better than the AA,UA,AC not including Virgin america,Jetblue and delta cause I like their service and in terms of LCC the worst airline award goes to an airline called SPIRIT which,I wont be surprised if soon,Starts charging for even the usage of Lav. :lol:

FligtReporter

Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:32 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:
unrave wrote:
2. That means 5% of the shares of AI will be earmarked for employees, to be awarded when employee options are vested
3. About 50% of AI debt has been moved to an SPV, which will be repaid from the receipts of sale of AI subsidiaries

So it means GOI is like literally selling whole of AI :(
I just hope whoever buys it doesnt changes its name From AI to Air Hindustan Limited or Desi Airlines and also they dont change the livery to the horrendous Scindia livery.

If th above two things are changed..I would probably lay my love on UK My New favourite lolz

Thanks again bro !

Yes although it looks like their subs will be sold separately (I think they have an engineering sub and some others) as well as AI Express. I think you can relax. I don't think AI will be sold. There is just too much politics / baggage / unions etc etc. Plus a sale would mean the GOI forgives a ton of debt. So even though the GOI making a couple of billion is probably a good thing, some people will spin it as a give away to a political ally. As much as I wanted the sale to happen in the past and now, I just don't see it. If only everyone saw AI as a sunk cost that continues to bleed. Then it could maybe get sold.

Pheeww !! :smile: I hope your words come true..Though I have UK as a backup affair plan in just a case AI does get turned into Desi International Hawai Seva Or somethin :D

But I just hope UK flies to the States and gives cheap prices and thats all..And from that instant moment I will be a forever UK FAN then :lol:

CaliguyNYC

Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:55 pm

FligtReporter wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:

So it means GOI is like literally selling whole of AI :(
I just hope whoever buys it doesnt changes its name From AI to Air Hindustan Limited or Desi Airlines and also they dont change the livery to the horrendous Scindia livery.

If th above two things are changed..I would probably lay my love on UK My New favourite lolz

Thanks again bro !

Yes although it looks like their subs will be sold separately (I think they have an engineering sub and some others) as well as AI Express. I think you can relax. I don't think AI will be sold. There is just too much politics / baggage / unions etc etc. Plus a sale would mean the GOI forgives a ton of debt. So even though the GOI making a couple of billion is probably a good thing, some people will spin it as a give away to a political ally. As much as I wanted the sale to happen in the past and now, I just don't see it. If only everyone saw AI as a sunk cost that continues to bleed. Then it could maybe get sold.

Pheeww !! :smile: I hope your words come true..Though I have UK as a backup affair plan in just a case AI does get turned into Desi International Hawai Seva Or somethin :D

But I just hope UK flies to the States and gives cheap prices and thats all..And from that instant moment I will be a forever UK FAN then :lol:

Btw I noticed on AF's website that they sell tickets there that include AI flights (not a code share just interline but sold by AF none the less). The routing was BOM-DEL-CDG.

FligtReporter

Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:37 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:

Btw I noticed on AF's website that they sell tickets there that include AI flights (not a code share just interline but sold by AF none the less). The routing was BOM-DEL-CDG.

Intresting !

avier

Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:01 pm

RwandAir inaugurated their Mumbai – Guangzhou thrice weekly flight on 18JUN19, which is an extension of their existing Kigali – Mumbai sector and will be operated on Airbus A330-200.

FligtReporter

Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:04 pm

avier wrote:
RwandAir inaugurated their Mumbai – Guangzhou thrice weekly flight on 18JUN19, which is an extension of their existing Kigali – Mumbai sector and will be operated on Airbus A330-200.

Great News !!

lightsaber

Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:14 pm

AI being prepped for sale (again):
https://www.financialexpress.com/indust ... 2482/lite/

I wonder if investor concerns are addressed enough. Otherwise this will fail again. This is the best yield environment for AI. I see prior year accounting must be finalized by June 30th. Something is really wrong if it takes more than six weeks to finalize accounting.

This will be interesting. I doubt EY will bid, so I wonder why they are mentioned in the link.

Lightsaber

FligtReporter

Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:17 pm

lightsaber wrote:

I wonder if investor concerns are addressed enough. Otherwise this will fail again. This is the best yield environment for AI. I see prior year accounting must be finalized by June 30th. Something is really wrong if it takes more than six weeks to finalize accounting.

This will be interesting. I doubt EY will bid, so I wonder why they are mentioned in the link.

Lightsaber

I dunno why I have a bad feeling with all this..i mean even if it doesnt get sold..so do you think AI could literally fly for like a long time without making any profts ?

FligtReporter

Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:44 pm

My Cousins are indeed lucky to have their loved airlines as DL and Air Canada for they know their darlings aint run by corrupt gov and bcrats and is in professional hands and they ain gon go bankrupt.

but unlucky me...First 9W and now with AI already dead and this whole Messy Selling Not Selling situation..Im prolly gon be mocked at yet again I guess. :hissyfit:

Like What The,Pakistan at WC Scenario, is going on with GOI ? :bomb:

AI being not Privatised is equally propotional to Extra losses,Extra burden,Staff's constant perpetuation of vagrancy and probable Uncertainity of future...How long will I defend it :(

Im at the verge of breaking up with AI..so I guess its better to make a pre announcement here so that tomorrow I dont get mocked by the forum community for past posts on AI. :cry:

Ive already mentioned my reasons to love it..But This relationship is too much to handle and I reckon Im gon be single soon and My new affair is prolly gona start on 31st july when I fly UK after a gap of 2-3 years.

I formally announce Im no more an AI obsessed bloke :(
Peace World.

avier

Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:48 pm

lightsaber wrote:

Lightsaber

If you read clearly, the EY they mention is Ernst & Young, and not the "EY" airline obviously.

trinidadeG

Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:53 pm

lightsaber wrote:

Lightsaber

The EY mentioned in the article refers to Ernst & Young - The London based professional services firm.

VTORD

Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:08 pm

Here are the AF schedule changes from Airline Route:

Paris CDG – Bangalore 381-seater 777-300ER replaces 280-seater 777-200ER during following (CDG departure): 16DEC19 – 31DEC19, 06JAN20 – 09FEB20

Paris CDG – Delhi eff 09DEC19 381-seater 777-300ER replaces 312-seater 777-200ER (777-300ER in W18 operated from 28OCT18)

Paris CDG – Mumbai Boeing 777-200ER/-300ER (280 and 381-seater respectively) replaces A340-300
27OCT19 – 08DEC19 772 Daily
09DEC19 – 12FEB20 77W Day x4 772 Day 4
13FEB20 – 28MAR20 77W Daily

aarbee

Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:14 pm

FligtReporter wrote:
aarbee wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:

Yeah i did read that somewhere a few years ago..However I loved them.
There are few things I wish AI never changes
1 ) Maharaja
2 ) Palace Style Windows ( That makes the windoes look more bigger and elegant )
3 ) Red tail

IMO AI has the most beautiful Livery on the Planet and I hope the palace window and red combination never changes.

I agree. Though Scindia tried to do away with it decades ago.

-R

Oh dear Lord...That livery is the most disgusting lookin piece of crap I've ever seen on a plane...I hope these photos remain for a long time so Indian politicians never commit such a horrendous mistake EVER AGAIN. :mad:

My One Cousin is an avgeek too based out of ORD and we do fight about our fav airlines,liveries etc and honestly If that were the livery AI be wearing today..I would outright boycott AI and Reject to accept it as my Flag Carier.

But thankfully,AI has that Most beautiful livery especially those Iconic Palace windows..So I'd probably only see the above ugly livery on internet :lol:

So true, I'm kind neutral to Air India but absolutely love the livery with the palace windows. I read somewhere, it is the most difficult livery to paint.
-R

CollegeAviator

Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:16 pm

FligtReporter wrote:
So can anyone please explain it to me What The Bob Beamon is up with Vistara ?

Like I just looked up their Wiki page and it says them folks already got 6 of them X Jet birds and they'd prolly get 5 more.

I wouldn't use Wikipedia as a source. Given that it can be manipulated by pretty much anyone, it isn't the most 'official' so to speak. Plus, at the rate UK & SG are taking up planes both FlightRadar24 & Planespotters (again, manually uploaded data) are trying to keep up with changes. Give it a couple of weeks and it will stabilize.

FligtReporter wrote:
This long jump from BIZ, PE & E to now BIZ & E and the new twist in the movie is their single Config A320N ex WoW ..I mean UK to me seems like a confused airline..like I get it they r prolly testin the market with different strategies but...What the Dexter is going on with this deep experimentation of their wide variety of cabins ?

It's simple really - it's how a business runs. One competitor is out, changes are made to take advantage of it. Improvise, adapt, overcome, (i.e. get more planes, take those slots, use those slots, increase flights, etc). These planes happened to be the all economy CFM Leap A320neo, which is what Vistara have anyway. Why wait when there is an idle plane laying around, and the terms are acceptable. Furthermore, if an airline sees some routes aren't performing as well as they'd hope up in the Premium Cabins, those routes get the high density all Y planes to operate such routes and make money. Unfortunately they won't be helped by the government and money must be made.

And as several others have mentioned, these may very well be short term measures in light of 9W's demise. Give it some time, let it stabilize.

aarbee

Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:21 pm

FligtReporter wrote:

Bro I think ALLIANCE AIR is still ALLIANCE AIR and i flew it recently frm LKO-JAI it was earlier Air India Regional and I wasnt even born when both of these airlines were operating in 80s and early 90s but I have seen few pics of Alliance air they had 732s and also had a crash in patna.But do correct me if Im wrong.

Really is still flying? To the best of my knowledge AIX is the new beautifully wrapped version of Alliance air. Could be wrong though.

FligtReporter wrote:
And Yes Im trying my best to try the vande bharat express and I kne KNP is close to LKO but Its just inconvinient for Id need to be driven there so the best route I've come up with is Flying VILK-VIDP taking VBX to VNS and then VNS-VIDP-VILK.

I will surely share my experience once I fulfill this plan

I was just being facetious about trip to Kanpur and suggesting just as a fun activity and not part of important travel. :)

CaliguyNYC

Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:29 pm

VTORD wrote:

Paris CDG – Bangalore 381-seater 777-300ER replaces 280-seater 777-200ER during following (CDG departure): 16DEC19 – 31DEC19, 06JAN20 – 09FEB20

Paris CDG – Delhi eff 09DEC19 381-seater 777-300ER replaces 312-seater 777-200ER (777-300ER in W18 operated from 28OCT18)

Paris CDG – Mumbai Boeing 777-200ER/-300ER (280 and 381-seater respectively) replaces A340-300

Wow so the upped the seat counts even more with the 77W - it looks like the 77W being sent have the old angled flat J which is a bummer.

aarbee

Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:30 pm

anshabhi wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:

But what will happen once TaTa head R.Tata is no more (God may give him long life though but death is inevitable) What happens to the TATA and SIA JV and if things go wrong with TATA side of the UK then SIA might pull away and TaTa may land in the same scene as 9W..dont u think ?

Tata is barely dependent on Ratan Tata today. It has a board to run Tata Sons and all of it fledgling businesses.

True. Ratan Tata is more of a public face of the company. All the Tata companies majority holding is of Tata Sons, who have a major representatives on the boards.

FligtReporter

Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:33 pm

6E Expansion strikes again..they're launching new routes like Taylor's singles.

IndiGo will be flying to Hanoi from 3rd Oct n then to Ho chi Minh..I guess they might use their 321 LRs..though Im surprised why they didnt order 321XLRs.I read many airlines have ordered those XLR versions...i mean if not wide body I reckon these XLRs could prove to be beneficial to 6E's expansion even till tokyo ..what u guys think ?

https://wap.business-standard.com/artic ... 336_1.html

Good for you 6E

aarbee

Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:35 pm

FligtReporter wrote:
Can anyone tell me if the A321 XLR will have the AI's A320 Classic like "BOGEY LANDING GEARS" ? or common single gears as the present 321s ?

There were special requirements for double bogey, because the air infrastructure was under developed especially north east.

But the conditions have vastly improved since mid 80s.

-R

FligtReporter

Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:37 pm

aarbee wrote:
anshabhi wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:

But what will happen once TaTa head R.Tata is no more (God may give him long life though but death is inevitable) What happens to the TATA and SIA JV and if things go wrong with TATA side of the UK then SIA might pull away and TaTa may land in the same scene as 9W..dont u think ?

Tata is barely dependent on Ratan Tata today. It has a board to run Tata Sons and all of it fledgling businesses.

True. Ratan Tata is more of a public face of the company. All the Tata companies majority holding is of Tata Sons, who have a major representatives on the boards.

I feel more comfortable reading these lines..I wish and pray may UK stay afloat...our one and only FSC..Just dread to even think of the day if (GOD FORBID) we might not even have a single FSC :(

aarbee

Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:42 pm

lightsaber wrote:
binayak wrote:
Vistara and United Airlines will code share as per latest news.
Well Delta seriously lost the battle here. I think DL will try AI now

I thought DL would lean towards SpiceJet or Indigo. What prevents them from partnering?

Lightsaber

I think the major issue is the baggage limit. Vistara has different rules for baggage for international connections in some cases.

aarbee

Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:48 pm

FligtReporter wrote:
Yeah but as Im evolving and getting to learn the facts myself now I know why It was the biggest MISTAKE OF MY LIFE to consider this So called RATING agency as VALID...Na na No sir..Na t'day..Neva eva.

Just a friendly advice. Life has lot more complexities and I'm won't be surprised if you make big mistakes . Just accept it and learn from it.
Don't get disappointed and be bogged down by some airline ratings and stuff :)

-R

FligtReporter

Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:52 pm

aarbee wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:
Yeah but as Im evolving and getting to learn the facts myself now I know why It was the biggest MISTAKE OF MY LIFE to consider this So called RATING agency as VALID...Na na No sir..Na t'day..Neva eva.

Just a friendly advice. Life has lot more complexities and I'm won't be surprised if you make big mistakes . Just accept it and learn from it.
Don't get disappointed and be bogged down by some airline ratings and stuff :)

-R

Yeps true..Thanks brotha :)

CaliguyNYC

Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:54 pm

FligtReporter wrote:

IndiGo will be flying to Hanoi from 3rd Oct n then to Ho chi Minh..I guess they might use their 321 LRs..though Im surprised why they didnt order 321XLRs.I read many airlines have ordered those XLR versions...i mean if not wide body I reckon these XLRs could prove to be beneficial to 6E's expansion even till tokyo ..what u guys think ?

Good for you 6E

Wow CCU to Hanoi. I really wish them well. I hope 6E has one or two key connection points from CCU that has traffic demand to Hanoi. I fear there isn't

aarbee

Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:58 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:
I disagree with...

You are entitled to your opinion.

The present tagline is most of the 9W 23000 found "jobs", good enough for the general public.

It's a capitalistic economy. What did you expect?

dtw2hyd wrote:
A concerned economist would quantify the loss to the economy in terms of fewer international ASKMs deployed, fewer departures, fewer goods, and services purchased. Vendors and government lost revenue.

A concerned administrator needs to make sure that tax payers money is not wasted and focus on more important issues of population than, one failed private enterprise and few international flight seats available to London & NYC.

dtw2hyd wrote:
But having a fierce defender of falsehood as finance minister, one can do anything. Even shutting down another in months.

Ah this must be a new angle for the fierce propagators of conspiracy theories suiting their agenda for personal gratification. :roll:

FligtReporter

Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:00 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:

Good for you 6E

Wow CCU to Hanoi. I really wish them well. I hope 6E has one or two key connection points from CCU that has traffic demand to Hanoi. I fear there isn't

BRO...these 6E folks are genius..didnt you read the news I ppsted a few days ago where they announced their daily flights to "BUDDHIST Circuit" i.e CCU-GAYA-VARANASI ( Sarnath ) which is the Focal point of buddhist people and Vietjet flies to Gaya seasonally and till now AI was the only airline that had operated flights from Gaya and Thai,Druk,Bhutanair,vietjet,Golden myanmar operate seasonal flights but CCU has direct flights from yangon and lot of buddhist monks fly down there and from CCU they take flights or buses.

And with this VIETNAM-CCU-GAYA-VARANASI I can say RIP AI :fight: ..or the begining of another end sort of.

Just wait for a few weeks till 6E announces flights to Khajuraho,Agra,Bikaner,Bhuj,Kullu,Dharamsala,Leh etc..They r already sort of our Default National airline.
Last edited by FligtReporter on Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FligtReporter

Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:02 pm

aarbee wrote:
dtw2hyd wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:
I disagree with...

You are entitled to your opinion.

The present tagline is most of the 9W 23000 found "jobs", good enough for the general public.

It's a capitalistic economy. What did you expect?

dtw2hyd wrote:
A concerned economist would quantify the loss to the economy in terms of fewer international ASKMs deployed, fewer departures, fewer goods, and services purchased. Vendors and government lost revenue.

A concerned administrator needs to make sure that tax payers money is not wasted and focus on more important issues of population than, one failed private enterprise and few international flight seats available to London & NYC.

dtw2hyd wrote:
But having a fierce defender of falsehood as finance minister, one can do anything. Even shutting down another in months.

Ah this must be a new angle for the fierce propagators of conspiracy theories suiting their agenda for personal gratification. :roll:

Ooh..that shade though lolz
Im lovin it.

chinmay17shetye

Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:04 pm

FligtReporter wrote:
I guess they might use their 321 LRs.

Why? CCU-HAN is 972nm.

FligtReporter

Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:08 pm

chinmay17shetye wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:
I guess they might use their 321 LRs.

Why? CCU-HAN is 972nm.

Cause of buddhist religious tourism and I think they will get a good traffic so they might use 321s but they can do a 320 too i guess their booking traffic will let them know what AC type to use also they could possibily launch direct flights from GAYA to Vietnam,Thailand,Myanmar,Cambodia,Laos, etc...cause their intention seems to grab the whole buddhist routes.

aarbee

Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:08 pm

edealinfo wrote:
Airline share of Mumbai airport slots:

Indigo: 40% (they shouldn't be allowed more slots for heaven's sake!)

And pray why?

It should be allocated to any airline, which has means and infrastructure to provide the service. In your world, NO Indigo, NO Spice so who do you think should provide the capacity after the failure of beloved Jet Airways?

aarbee

Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:11 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
If Vistara is getting all the FSC intl carriers to code share with it, perhaps it should try launching 3am flights from BOM like Jet had - I think DEL, AMD, BLR, HYD, MAA and CCu had flights (but not sure list is right)

That would be recipe for disaster.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to have easy connections. Before Vistara to run 3 AM flights, it needs to establish better pan-India routes and be in contention to be a market leader.

-R

FligtReporter

Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:11 pm

aarbee wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
Airline share of Mumbai airport slots:

Indigo: 40% (they shouldn't be allowed more slots for heaven's sake!)

And pray why?

It should be allocated to any airline, which has means and infrastructure to provide the service. In your world, NO Indigo, NO Spice so who do you think should provide the capacity after the failure of beloved Jet Airways?

yeah I mean 6E is working really hard and they are where they are cause of their hard work and dedication and if they have the means to fulfill the need of the market they deserve the slots wherevee the need be..be it Bom,Del,Ccu,Gay etc

x1234

Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:13 pm

With the new launch of the A321XLR (8700km full payload range), which Indian airline is first to Europe with a narrow-body!? Didn't Indigo's ISL (Istanbul) launch fail because of range limitations due to the Pakistani airspace closure!? You can fly BOM-LHR with the A321XLR (and DEL too if Pakistani airspace is opened).

avier

Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:21 pm

Speaking of A321Neo's, Air Asia has just converted most of their outstanding A320Neo orders for the larger A321Neo variant. That's now 253 A321Neo on order for the group.

aarbee

Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:32 pm

avier wrote:

This is interesting 5th freedom operation. How long will be layover in BOM?

Is there a custom requirements to deboard in BOM in either direction?

aarbee

Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:35 pm

VTORD wrote:

How many seats in A343?

aarbee

Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:39 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
VTORD wrote:

Wow so the upped the seat counts even more with the 77W - it looks like the 77W being sent have the old angled flat J which is a bummer.

Aren't 777w and 777-300ER the same ?

CaliguyNYC

Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:02 pm

aarbee wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:
If Vistara is getting all the FSC intl carriers to code share with it, perhaps it should try launching 3am flights from BOM like Jet had - I think DEL, AMD, BLR, HYD, MAA and CCu had flights (but not sure list is right)

That would be recipe for disaster.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to have easy connections. Before Vistara to run 3 AM flights, it needs to establish better pan-India routes and be in contention to be a market leader.

-R

Why do you feel it is a recipe for a disaster? If there is a market for INTL to DOM connections, I actually think it is a no brainer for UK. That said, I have no idea how 9W did on their 3am block. In general overnight flights can be profitable if there is a market for it. Main reason is that planes usually sit idle over night (so lower opportunity cost) add to that BOM has slots at 3am. But again I have no idea how much airlines paid Jet/AI or Indigo for connections at DEL/BOM at 3am.

My AF comment on the 77W was vs the 772 that was scheduled before (and their Joon A340 before that) So 773 vs 772

yashk

Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:42 pm

AI is flying DEL-IAD non stop for the past 2 flights. Is there a reason why JFK doesnt go non stop since its a shorter route (maybe they need higher payload). Secondly if the IAD non stop is not getting enough loads by the virtue of which they can fly non stop, makes me think why continue with this sector?

sabby

Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:43 pm

x1234 wrote:
With the new launch of the A321XLR (8700km full payload range), which Indian airline is first to Europe with a narrow-body!? Didn't Indigo's ISL (Istanbul) launch fail because of range limitations due to the Pakistani airspace closure!? You can fly BOM-LHR with the A321XLR (and DEL too if Pakistani airspace is opened).

I doubt BOM-LGW is possible in the high density 6E cabin. Plus, there's no crew rest so flights over 10 hours may not be possible for LCCs.

However, what about interlining/code sharing with another LCC like WizzAir ? 6E can have daily A321 flights with 220 passengers to BUD/VIE/WAW and W6 can connect them to every where in Europe. They should be able to grossly under cut the current fares that way. They can still launch some point to point flights like BOM-FCO/GVA if there's enough demand.

Slash787

Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:47 pm

FligtReporter wrote:
Here we Go again...AI Pilot asks the Cabin Incharge to wash his tiffin box Like What The Bihar is going on with this situation ?? :twisted:

https://www.newsnation.in/india-news/ai ... 27890.html

"Speaking to the Times of India, a senior Air India cabin crew member stated that often pilots bring their lunch from home and ask crew members to heat, serve their meals and even make them do chores like asking them to roast almonds for them, chop onions and serving them ‘cheese toasts and fruit salads.’"

Chop Onions? are they Flight Attendants or Kaam Wali Bai? LOL

CaliguyNYC

Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:59 pm

Slash787 wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:
Here we Go again...AI Pilot asks the Cabin Incharge to wash his tiffin box Like What The Bihar is going on with this situation ?? :twisted:

"Speaking to the Times of India, a senior Air India cabin crew member stated that often pilots bring their lunch from home and ask crew members to heat, serve their meals and even make them do chores like asking them to roast almonds for them, chop onions and serving them ‘cheese toasts and fruit salads.’"

I know. The heat up the meal is fine. Everything else should be a no no. I get that Indians have many dietary needs but tiffins from home in the cockpit - who knew.

VTORD

Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:07 am

aarbee wrote:
How many seats in A343?

A343 30J21W224Y = 275
B772 40J24W216Y
B77W 42J24W315Y

MIAFLLPBIFlyer

Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:51 am

FligtReporter wrote:
hohd wrote:
UA is continuing its non-relationship with AI by getting Vistara for code shares. However it really does not matter as UA interlines with AI and many itineraries I have seen include AI and UA. AI has improved vastly and if the Pak airspace is not resolved soon, UA will lose even more, in fact even the proposed SFO-DEL and the existing but now suspended EWR-DEL flights may be in doubt. And I am saying as a UA premier gold member that UA is not that much better than AI.

I can say from my personal experience that UA is THE WORST Airline in the world..Its not THAT Much Better its actually way more worse than what ppl think of AI to be..Like For Real.

Honestly,all Indian airlines ( EXCEPT Spicejet ) are at least a Trillion times better than the AA,UA,AC not including Virgin america,Jetblue and delta cause I like their service and in terms of LCC the worst airline award goes to an airline called SPIRIT which,I wont be surprised if soon,Starts charging for even the usage of Lav. :lol:

Spirit is better than UA or AA IMO right now. AA is arguably the worst large airline in the developed world right now, but these things are cyclical so it might be UA again soon. JetBlue & Delta certainly the two best in the USA right now.

MIAFLLPBIFlyer

Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:56 am

CaliguyNYC wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:

Good for you 6E

This is an exciting add- hope it works. Need more India-Vietnam air ties.

FligtReporter

Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:34 am

Slash787 wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:

These AI pilots need to book a seperate seat for their Bais or wives and take them along with them on their flights.

I wont be surprised if tomorrow an AI pilot demands a massage on his head or legs :lol:

Just imagine if tomorrow on an AI flight the pilots come on cabin speaker and says "Kanta bai plane is on AP...My legs r killin me plz come in the cockpit and massage my head"

FligtReporter

Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:00 am

MIAFLLPBIFlyer wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:
hohd wrote:

Spirit is better than UA or AA IMO right now. AA is arguably the worst large airline in the developed world right now, but these things are cyclical so it might be UA again soon. JetBlue & Delta certainly the two best in the USA right now.

I envy Delta and Jetblue for they are worthy being envious of.

CollegeAviator

Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:17 am

Looks like Air India are starting non-stop flights from Kolkata to Dubai

AI917 CCU DXB 1450 1855 A20N Su/Tu/Th/Fr
AI918 DXB CCU 1855 0100+1 A20N Th/Sa
AI918 DXB CCU 2010 0215+1 A20N Mo/We

Might be wrong, I just looked it up on Google Flights for a week in August, so some changes are possible.

This rotation is aligned with the newly launched IDR-DXB-IDR flights.
AI918 starts on July 15
AI917 starts on July 16

Thanks to Abhijeeth for the tip!

FligtReporter

Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:18 am

What the Drama is going on with this situation now

So If TATA ain gon buy AI..I highly doubt anyone else will..So I guess AI's chances of being privatised are as good as Canada not recieving a snowfall.

So Now what the GOI is doing or has been doing for so long I duno..I mean were they even serious about Privatising AI...or did they just play with the emotions of ppl.

GOI you will never be forgiven..!! The moment UK starts long haul..I'll drop AI like Kesha from the charts...I HATE YOU GOI.

https://wap.business-standard.com/artic ... 060_1.html

FligtReporter

Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:29 am

CollegeAviator wrote:
Looks like Air India are starting non-stop flights from Kolkata to Dubai

AI917 CCU DXB 1450 1855 A20N Su/Tu/Th/Fr
AI918 DXB CCU 1855 0100+1 A20N Th/Sa
AI918 DXB CCU 2010 0215+1 A20N Mo/We

Might be wrong, I just looked it up on Google Flights for a week in August, so some changes are possible.

This rotation is aligned with the newly launched IDR-DXB-IDR flights.
AI918 starts on July 15
AI917 starts on July 16

Thanks to Abhijeeth for the tip!

Their Reach is the Primary reason I love them along with baggage and legroom..But dont you think its high time CCU is connected with LHR with a Non stop flight ?

I mean EK is already flying to DXB 777..If AI has to keep eating the tax money then shouldnt it be responsible to return the tax favour to the public in the face of CCU-LHR.

Like they already fly to LHR from BLR despite BLR having BA flights and I believe CCU needs the LHR connection more than BLR does..but then who would get it in the heads of the politicians who are at the top.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos