Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:20 am

FligtReporter wrote:
CollegeAviator wrote:
Looks like Air India are starting non-stop flights from Kolkata to Dubai

AI917 CCU DXB 1450 1855 A20N Su/Tu/Th/Fr
AI918 DXB CCU 1855 0100+1 A20N Th/Sa
AI918 DXB CCU 2010 0215+1 A20N Mo/We

Might be wrong, I just looked it up on Google Flights for a week in August, so some changes are possible.

This rotation is aligned with the newly launched IDR-DXB-IDR flights.
AI918 starts on July 15
AI917 starts on July 16

Thanks to Abhijeeth for the tip!

Their Reach is the Primary reason I love them along with baggage and legroom..But dont you think its high time CCU is connected with LHR with a Non stop flight ?

I mean EK is already flying to DXB 777..If AI has to keep eating the tax money then shouldnt it be responsible to return the tax favour to the public in the face of CCU-LHR.

Like they already fly to LHR from BLR despite BLR having BA flights and I believe CCU needs the LHR connection more than BLR does..but then who would get it in the heads of the politicians who are at the top.

CCU had LHR flights both on AI and BA..both cancelled due to lack of premium traffic.. LHR slots are precious

For once AI did the right decision..

FligtReporter

Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:08 am

unnayan wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:
CollegeAviator wrote:
Looks like Air India are starting non-stop flights from Kolkata to Dubai

AI917 CCU DXB 1450 1855 A20N Su/Tu/Th/Fr
AI918 DXB CCU 1855 0100+1 A20N Th/Sa
AI918 DXB CCU 2010 0215+1 A20N Mo/We

Might be wrong, I just looked it up on Google Flights for a week in August, so some changes are possible.

This rotation is aligned with the newly launched IDR-DXB-IDR flights.
AI918 starts on July 15
AI917 starts on July 16

Thanks to Abhijeeth for the tip!

Their Reach is the Primary reason I love them along with baggage and legroom..But dont you think its high time CCU is connected with LHR with a Non stop flight ?

I mean EK is already flying to DXB 777..If AI has to keep eating the tax money then shouldnt it be responsible to return the tax favour to the public in the face of CCU-LHR.

Like they already fly to LHR from BLR despite BLR having BA flights and I believe CCU needs the LHR connection more than BLR does..but then who would get it in the heads of the politicians who are at the top.

CCU had LHR flights both on AI and BA..both cancelled due to lack of premium traffic.. LHR slots are precious

For once AI did the right decision..

Fair enough !

FligtReporter

Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:45 am

Why all these latest news of same boring Divestment..Now Im no more believing these news Na na

https://m.economictimes.com/industry/tr ... 858930.cms

As much as I love AI and hate the lazy staff I guess I'll have to just bare it the way it is..All I can hope is that GOI will improve things which I know is futile...for the chances of GOI improving AI are as high as Pakistan winning the World Cup :lol:

unrave

Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:47 am

FligtReporter wrote:
Why all these latest news of same boring Divestment..Now Im no more believing these news Na na

As much as I love AI and hate the lazy staff I guess I'll have to just bare it the way it is..All I can hope is that GOI will improve things which I know is futile...for the chances of GOI improving AI are as high as Pakistan winning the World Cup :lol:

What is it that you don't believe? AI will definitely be put up for sale again.

FligtReporter

Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:01 am

unrave wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:

Well All Im tryna say is that why cant GOI just come up with some FIRM plan...cause now its like a norm of headlines "GOI planin to divest" and then "No body is intrested in the deal" then came "GOI can sell upto 100%" and then again "Tatas may not be intrested" and then again " AI might be more appealing than ever" then next day back to point 0 "Oh things dont look good"

Like what the Avengers is goin on !

trinidadeG

Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:37 am

aarbee wrote:
avier wrote:
RwandAir inaugurated their Mumbai – Guangzhou thrice weekly flight on 18JUN19, which is an extension of their existing Kigali – Mumbai sector and will be operated on Airbus A330-200.

This is interesting 5th freedom operation. How long will be layover in BOM?

WB 500 has a scheduled 70 minute stopover at BOM on KGL-BOM-CAN and a scheduled 95 min stopover in the opposite direction (WB 501).

CaliguyNYC

Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:50 pm

FligtReporter wrote:
unrave wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:

Well All Im tryna say is that why cant GOI just come up with some FIRM plan...cause now its like a norm of headlines "GOI planin to divest" and then "No body is intrested in the deal" then came "GOI can sell upto 100%" and then again "Tatas may not be intrested" and then again " AI might be more appealing than ever" then next day back to point 0 "Oh things dont look good"

Welcome to the world of Indian aviation. Super frustrating for many of us. The last time the GOI put AI up they even hired consultants first. So everyone assumed the GOI was fully aware that no one would buy AI with an unreasonable debt load (given it assets). Sure enough, the GOI, late in the process, dug in their heals and said that massive amounts of debt would be transferred. They also wanted a stake and perhaps a board seat (don't remember). Anyway - the deal went no where. What I realized during the process was how many people, even here on anet, felt that not giving debt to the buyer was some sort of hand out to a political favorite. It was so odd. But then again the GOI should start out saying, please submit your bids and assume RsX of debt against RsX of assets.

FligtReporter

Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:10 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:
unrave wrote:

Welcome to the world of Indian aviation. Super frustrating for many of us. The last time the GOI put AI up they even hired consultants first. So everyone assumed the GOI was fully aware that no one would buy AI with an unreasonable debt load (given it assets). Sure enough, the GOI, late in the process, dug in their heals and said that massive amounts of debt would be transferred. They also wanted a stake and perhaps a board seat (don't remember). Anyway - the deal went no where. What I realized during the process was how many people, even here on anet, felt that not giving debt to the buyer was some sort of hand out to a political favorite. It was so odd. But then again the GOI should start out saying, please submit your bids and assume RsX of debt against RsX of assets.

Well Big Brotha and all my brothas here...I Formally announce my BREAK UP with AI :white:
Tonight Im gettin over You AI..we werent lovers but certainly more than friends but we cant be nothing no more..BuBye :wave:

I Will Never Forgive GOI for playin me for a fool :cry:

Im going back to my love UK again..though after 9Ws demise I was too afraid to ever fall in love again but Id rather love an airline run by professionals and sincere folks than loving and defending an airline run by a bunch of hyporites. :bomb:

Im Coming to you UK..Im sorry I left you..But I was afraid fearing to lose you too..But I wont leave ya again :cry:

avier

Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:04 pm

FligtReporter wrote:
Well Big Brotha and all my brothas here...I Formally announce my BREAK UP with AI :white:
Tonight Im gettin over You AI..we werent lovers but certainly more than friends but we cant be nothing no more..BuBye :wave:

Please end your PDA here for airlines, especially AI. Discuss aviation, not your love for it, you being here is enough proof of it. So no need to dramatize it. Also, tidy up some of the grammar.

FligtReporter

Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:12 pm

avier wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:

Please end your PDA here for airlines, especially AI. Discuss aviation, not your love for it, you being here is enough proof of it. So no need to dramatize it. Also, tidy up some of the grammar.

wats grammar though ? Ive always struggled with english but then never learnt it,so dunno the proper usage,so do xsqueeze my errors..Sowwie !

chinmay17shetye

Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:47 pm

No offence but the AI debate is very repetitive - please create a new thread for further discussion.

FligtReporter

Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:05 pm

UK gets nod to fly to Singapore,Dubai and Bangkok..Seems they are likely to commence intl ops in between Sep to Oct.

https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/ec ... 088388.ece

chinmay17shetye

Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:21 pm

I hope there is an Indigo order/conversion for the XLR. The number of new routes the A321XLR can get you is just amazing.

A321XLR Range map from Indian airports considering a 4700nm range. (Wonder how much the actual range will be in a high density config)

http://www.gcmap.com/map?P=&R=c:red,4700nm%40DEL,%0d%0ac:blue,4700nm%40BLR,%0d%0ac:yellow,4700nm%40BOM&MS=bm&MR=1800&MX=720x360&PM=*

unrave

Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:25 pm

chinmay17shetye wrote:
I hope there is an Indigo order/conversion for the XLR. The number of new routes the A321XLR can get you is just amazing.

A321XLR Range map from Indian airports considering a 4700nm range. (Wonder how much the actual range will be in a high density config)

http://www.gcmap.com/map?P=&R=c:red,4700nm%40DEL,%0d%0ac:blue,4700nm%40BLR,%0d%0ac:yellow,4700nm%40BOM&MS=bm&MR=1800&MX=720x360&PM=*

I suspect it will be around 3800nm for a 222seat single class config. Perhaps Lightsaber might know batter.
Can you do the same chart with 3800nm?

chinmay17shetye

Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:40 pm

unrave wrote:
Can you do the same chart with 3800nm?

3800nm range chart:

http://www.gcmap.com/map?P=&R=c:red,3800nm%40DEL,%0d%0ac:blue,3800nm%40BLR,%0d%0ac:yellow,3800nm%40BOM&MS=bm&MR=1800&MX=720x360&PM=*

unrave wrote:
I suspect it will be around 3800nm for a 222seat single class config.

3800nm after subtracting alternate and reserve fuel?

unrave

Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:46 pm

chinmay17shetye wrote:

3800nm after subtracting alternate and reserve fuel?

No, the published range of 4700nm is for dual class (~180 seats). The range is bound to come down with increase in no of seats

CaliguyNYC

Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:13 pm

At 380nm BLR/BOM-London and BLR/BOM-JNB seem to be out. That would be a bummer (but I would imagine those cities would want two class config). I see Lon, JNB, PVG, Tokyo and Europe generally as the game changer areas for this plane wrt India. this plane must make the ME3 super nervous. Can you imagine if a few airports in India had reasonable connectivity to the west.

yashk

Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:51 pm

avier wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:

I couldn’t agree more, it’s really cringe worthy looking at whatever FligtReporter posts. I wonder how much time do you actually save by saying ‘d’ instead of ‘the’. Please see how others communicate on this forum and use that as an example.

edealinfo

Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:59 pm

United suspends flights to Bombay with immediate effect:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1425241

CaliguyNYC

Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:03 am

edealinfo wrote:
United suspends flights to Bombay with immediate effect:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1425241

I guess the Iran situation just took away the main detour from Pak airspace. Boy no UA and no 9W fares US-India are going to go through the roof. I hope the GOI has some plan. I guess it is too much to wish for that Iran and Modi could work out the stupid airspace closure. I am sure they won’t.

edealinfo

Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:07 am

The so-called "temporary" allocation of Jet's slots to other carriers will continue to October 2019. Why does everyone continue with the farce. We all know that temporary will be come permanent because if Jet "Hypothetically" revives and reclaims all its slots, those carriers that brought in new aircraft just to fill Jet's void (at the specific request of the Government) will have to suffer, which doesn't make an sense.

https://www.financialexpress.com/indust ... d/1614067/

CaliguyNYC

Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:17 am

edealinfo wrote:
The so-called "temporary" allocation of Jet's slots to other carriers will continue to October 2019. Why does everyone continue with the farce. We all know that temporary will be come permanent because if Jet "Hypothetically" revives and reclaims all its slots, those carriers that brought in new aircraft just to fill Jet's void (at the specific request of the Government) will have to suffer, which doesn't make an sense.

https://www.financialexpress.com/indust ... d/1614067/

I think they continue with he farce because they (the GOI) doesn’t know what they will do. I think they are fine with Jet closing but still want the option to change for what ever reason. Look at the IBC proceedings going on now. So confusing. As far as other airlines, I don’t think they will suffer if Jet comes back (very very low chance). They tended to do short term leases of Jet planes. The new planes coming in for say 6E were ordered long ago. For all we know one of the current airlines, like Vistara, will step up and buy big pieces of Jet (I mean that is what they said at the start of the process). But alas no one knows what will actually be sold under the IBC and if it will be debt free. Either way this all should end asap.

edealinfo

Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:32 am

Government allocates ALL Jet Airways foreign rights to other carriers

To recap what Jet previously had:

India-UAE: 13,006 seats per week
India-Qatar: 8,559 seats per week
India-Hong Kong: 14 frequencies per week.
India-Singapore: 12,076 seats per week
India - UK: 28 frequencies per week

https://www.cnbctv18.com/aviation/gover ... 750321.htm

edealinfo

Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:38 am

Alexa, how can I fly to New Delhi?

Amazon India starts selling airline tickets with discount to Prime members

WOW, Amazon introduces something new to India before introducing a similar service in the US

https://www.cnbctv18.com/aviation/alexa ... 757491.htm

CaliguyNYC

Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:16 am

edealinfo wrote:
Government allocates ALL Jet Airways foreign rights to other carriers

To recap what Jet previously had:

India-UAE: 13,006 seats per week
India-Qatar: 8,559 seats per week
India-Hong Kong: 14 frequencies per week.
India-Singapore: 12,076 seats per week
India - UK: 28 frequencies per week

https://www.cnbctv18.com/aviation/gover ... 750321.htm

Once again done on a temporary basis. What is the govt waiting for. They should just decide Jet’s fate. From the article:
“The allocation has been done for a temporary period of three months.”

edealinfo

Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:26 am

CaliguyNYC wrote:
Once again done on a temporary basis. What is the govt waiting for. They should just decide Jet’s fate. From the article:
“The allocation has been done for a temporary period of three months.”

I think it is a political dance that they have to go through. If they allocate rights permanently, then they will be accused on deliberately not giving a chance for Jet's revival and Jet employees may berate the Government in the media. So the Government continues with the charade. India will have to advance beyond these games to transition from a developing country to a developed country although there are many more steps it would need to take for that status.

anshabhi

Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:04 am

edealinfo wrote:
Alexa, how can I fly to New Delhi?

Amazon India starts selling airline tickets with discount to Prime members

WOW, Amazon introduces something new to India before introducing a similar service in the US

https://www.cnbctv18.com/aviation/alexa ... 757491.htm

It's really just a Collab with Cleartrip. Final ticket is issued by Cleartrip.
The convenience fee on Amazon Flight's is through to the roof though.
I booked 2 tickets with them only because of cashback that they are giving to prime members. Without that I have no intention of paying ₹380 as convenience fee for ₹3200 ticket

CollegeAviator

Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:54 am

The AI expansion continues..

From Airlineroute:

Air India expands Delhi – Colombo service from July 2019

Air India from July 2019 is expanding Delhi – Colombo flights, with the new 2nd daily service scheduled from 15JUL19. Operated by A320, the new flight will operate overnight hours. Reservation for AI283/284 service opened earlier this month.

AI281 DEL1230 – 1605CMB 321 x3
AI281 DEL1340 – 1720CMB 321 3
AI283 DEL2225 – 0200+1CMB 320 D

AI284 CMB0300 – 0610DEL 320 D
AI282 CMB0820 – 1150DEL 321 D

Sindhuputra

Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:23 am

CCU - Vietnam is fantastic move by indigo.

No single Indian airport has adequate traffic to Vietnam. Indigo is going to hub traffic down to Vietnam from Kolkata . Most traffic today goes via Singapore or Bangkok and (1) Long total flight time
(2) pricing on these sectors will make a lot of people move to indigo . Premium Business traffic can stay in with SQ and TG, but expect a lot of rest to move to 6E. Additionally, They may offer a different time of departure ex other cities to the current tg/sq linked schedule .

I would imagine flights to China coming from Kolkata as well

Sindhuputra

Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:23 am

Understand they are supposed to be p2p but the number of tickets they sell on a ‘via’ basis is staggering

FligtReporter

Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:01 pm

CollegeAviator wrote:
The AI expansion continues..

From Airlineroute:

Air India expands Delhi – Colombo service from July 2019

Air India from July 2019 is expanding Delhi – Colombo flights, with the new 2nd daily service scheduled from 15JUL19. Operated by A320, the new flight will operate overnight hours. Reservation for AI283/284 service opened earlier this month.

AI281 DEL1230 – 1605CMB 321 x3
AI281 DEL1340 – 1720CMB 321 3
AI283 DEL2225 – 0200+1CMB 320 D

AI284 CMB0300 – 0610DEL 320 D
AI282 CMB0820 – 1150DEL 321 D

Dunno if thats a wise decision given SriLankan already has like 2 daily flights or so already.I think Modi announced this second flight on his SL trip earlier this month.I dunno what happened to the AI VNS-CMB-VNS flight which Modi announced on his last SL trip.

FligtReporter

Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:05 pm

Sindhuputra wrote:

No single Indian airport has adequate traffic to Vietnam. Indigo is going to hub traffic down to Vietnam from Kolkata . Most traffic today goes via Singapore or Bangkok and (1) Long total flight time
(2) pricing on these sectors will make a lot of people move to indigo . Premium Business traffic can stay in with SQ and TG, but expect a lot of rest to move to 6E. Additionally, They may offer a different time of departure ex other cities to the current tg/sq linked schedule .

Vietnam Move is excellent given their flights from CCU - GAY - VNS - GAY - CCU it is a perfect Buddhist triangle and with GAY only connected to Vietnam and other Buddhist nations SEASONALLY this daily flight will give a huge boost to tourists,business and relioous travellers alike also to Indians who till now had to travel to vietnam via KUL,BKK,SIN etc.

A very decisive execution of their strategy.

FligtReporter

Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:22 pm

With UA cancelling its flights to BOM indefinitely,it'd be intrestin to see what route DL takes to BOM and wether they could keep with this tumultous airspace ban scenario goin on in our region.

As of today I see AI flights flying normally over Iranian Airspace Besides does anyone know if only US airlines have been affected or other airlines are also sort of avoiding the Iranian airspace or planing to do so ?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.timesofi ... 885086.cms

edealinfo

Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:27 pm

FligtReporter wrote:
With UA cancelling its flights to BOM indefinitely,it'd be intrestin to see what route DL takes to BOM and wether they could keep with this tumultous airspace ban scenario goin on in our region.

As of today I see AI flights flying normally over Iranian Airspace Besides does anyone know if only US airlines have been affected or other airlines are also sort of avoiding the Iranian airspace or planing to do so ?

It all depends on Grump’s mood of the day.

edealinfo

Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:28 pm

FligtReporter wrote:
Sindhuputra wrote:

Vietnam Move is excellent given their flights from CCU - GAY - VNS - GAY - CCU it is a perfect Buddhist triangle and with GAY only connected to Vietnam and other Buddhist nations SEASONALLY this daily flight will give a huge boost to tourists,business and relioous travellers alike also to Indians who till now had to travel to vietnam via KUL,BKK,SIN etc.

Why would Indian passengers at BLR, MAA, BOM, Pune etc take a flight to CCU to get to Vietnam?

CaliguyNYC

Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:31 pm

FligtReporter wrote:

The FAA issued a ban against US airlines flying over Iran. Hence the UA cancellation. UA will resume when one of two things happen (1) Pak opens its airspace or (2) The Us-Iran conflict simmers down and the FAA removes the ban. Indian and non-US carriers are not affected by the ban. Every since the MH shooting down, the US is very cautious overflying conflict zones (where US could be a target)

Perhaps Imran Khan will take the high road and remove the airspace closure. But I think his army wants to cause as much disruption and pain to India as possible (the cycle continues forever...)

CaliguyNYC

Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:34 pm

edealinfo wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:
Sindhuputra wrote:

Why would Indian passengers at BLR, MAA, BOM, Pune etc take a flight to CCU to get to Vietnam?

They might but I agree with you more. Most will just connect via SIN, KUL, BKK. No one has published India-Hanoi traffic numbers. I bet it is not that high. I would have always thought Buddhist tourism to India would also be high, but I have never seen proof of this. So I actually think CCU-Hanoi is iffy at best (but hey we don't know all the facts - let's see).

edealinfo

Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:35 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.economic ... 883433.cms

“Airline representatives were asked to pick a chit and were given preference, according to the number they got as well as their fleet induction plans, sources said. This took place last week and letters to airlines were issued earlier this week, they added.“

I think this was a fair auction.

Slot allocation based on domestic ASKMs would only allow a monopoly situation to percolate to the international sector.

It will be interesting to see who was awarded London rights.

FligtReporter

Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:13 pm

edealinfo wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:
Sindhuputra wrote:

Yeah thats true..Its probably best for North Indian stretch (DEL,LKO,VNS,JAI)

FligtReporter

Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:20 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:

The FAA issued a ban against US airlines flying over Iran. Hence the UA cancellation. UA will resume when one of two things happen (1) Pak opens its airspace or (2) The Us-Iran conflict simmers down and the FAA removes the ban. Indian and non-US carriers are not affected by the ban. Every since the MH shooting down, the US is very cautious overflying conflict zones (where US could be a target)

Perhaps Imran Khan will take the high road and remove the airspace closure. But I think his army wants to cause as much disruption and pain to India as possible (the cycle continues forever...)

Yeah true...its still not clear as to when the pak airspace ban would be removed as whenever they give a date to finally open it,they renew the extension further.

Besides the disruption and pain is caused to them itself with their own carier PIA is bearing the brunt of cancelling its flights to Bangkok and KUL which is causing THAI to benefit the most from this situation.

So for India on the other hand we still let thai and other airlines pass through our airspace if they are enroute Pak which is profit for us as the airlines do pay for the usage of our airspace..So I believe its more loss for Pakistan than it is for India..dont you think ?

FligtReporter

Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:31 pm

edealinfo wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:

It all depends on Grump’s mood of the day.

Thats true...Its Good days for AI now being the only Non Stop between IND-US...the longer the ban stays the more AI makes good out of it I guess.

anshabhi

Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:34 pm

anshabhi wrote:
SG's next intl destination is going to be Singapore

BREAKING:-
#SPICJET to begin Daily flights to #Singapore from #Delhi, #Mumbai & #Bangalore in the winter schedule 2019 says Debashis Saha, Associate VP Regulatory & Govt Affairs, Spicejet at the IATA Slot conference in Cape Town.

https://twitter.com/sandeeprrao1991/sta ... 1666699267

FligtReporter

Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:39 pm

anshabhi wrote:
anshabhi wrote:

#SPICJET to begin Daily flights to #Singapore from #Delhi, #Mumbai & #Bangalore in the winter schedule 2019 says Debashis Saha, Associate VP Regulatory & Govt Affairs, Spicejet at the IATA Slot conference in Cape Town.

Your always right :bigthumbsup:

unrave

Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:42 pm

Good going SpaceJet. They should also sign a codeshare with Qantas for onward connections

CaliguyNYC

Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:02 pm

FligtReporter wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:

Yeah true...its still not clear as to when the pak airspace ban would be removed as whenever they give a date to finally open it,they renew the extension further.

Besides the disruption and pain is caused to them itself with their own carier PIA is bearing the brunt of cancelling its flights to Bangkok and KUL which is causing THAI to benefit the most from this situation.

So for India on the other hand we still let thai and other airlines pass through our airspace if they are enroute Pak which is profit for us as the airlines do pay for the usage of our airspace..So I believe its more loss for Pakistan than it is for India..dont you think ?

Didn't India end the ban on aircraft overflying India to Pak. I thought they did. If they did, then Pak has no restrictions anymore wrt India. Please someone correct me if I am wrong. Also PIA is exempt from the air closure and Pak offered exemptions to key routes / allies - I think EK to China got that exemption. Again I am not totally sure.

CaliguyNYC

Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:08 pm

anshabhi wrote:
anshabhi wrote:

It looks like Spice is targeting the three main business markets. If that is their current strategy, I really do hope they rise to the occasion and become a true option for premium pax (having their version of a business class is a first step). So good for them. That said, I do not think Spice will become a FSC (and they should not become one). A hybrid model domestically seems to be the prudent path. I would like to see them interline with a slew of carriers (assuming they do not do that now), offer a lot connecting flights, offer clean reasonably new aircraft, and focus on a few key cities to develop solid connectivity. By all accounts it seems they are doing just that.

On another note - while I would have expected the rush to open BOM/DEL/BLR intl routes, I am surprised there hasn't been more announcements around Kerela to Gulf. Jet used to fly a ton of routes (and I know they cancelled those early on), but still surprising more capacity hasn't been thrown there. Perhaps it is not as profitable as the past? Again there could have been more announcements that I haven't seen, but I am pretty sure Kerela-Gulf has lost a good amount of capacity over the last year.

avier

Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:20 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
anshabhi wrote:
anshabhi wrote:

#SPICJET to begin Daily flights to #Singapore from #Delhi, #Mumbai & #Bangalore in the winter schedule 2019

It looks like Spice is targeting the three main business markets.

That's exactly what Jet did. So a no-brainer for SG if they want to tap into and fill up that vacuum.
Jet had extensive codeshares with QF for onward connections from SIN/BKK to Australia/New Zealand. I have taken a couple of flights to NZ on their itinerary combo, and were competitively priced always. I also used to receive 45kg baggage allowance on my one-way trips to NZ on certain bookings, which was awesome.
And then 9W's huge Gulf presence, EY partner for funneling pax everywhere, and DL/AF/KLM/VS for North America and Europe. SG just has to copy now.
Last edited by avier on Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CaliguyNYC

Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:21 pm

avier wrote:

I couldn't read the article - I love the title though - The Great Code Share wars, the fight for Jet's international partners. I think Jet and AI has shown code shares don't count for squat in today's aviation. Jet literally code shared with everyone. At one point all the US3 code shared with Jet and Jet flights showed up on their respective websites as part of longer trips. Got Jet very little. Jet saw meaningful change when they were a level 1 partner for Delta/AF/KL/VS. This is now the main goal. IF you are a key partner of one US3 and one major EU airline (AF.kL, BA, LH) you see meaningful premium traffic booking. They core FF avoids the airlines where you don't receive any real FF credit or privileges. I hope Spice and Indigo approach the world with this in mind. Spice should totally try to step into Jet's shoes with DL (even if they don't fly long haul for now).

Wrt to slots - if they really aren't temporary then why did the GOI present it that way. Maybe Vistara or other airlines would have made different decisions. But I can't read the article so can only use your line as a guide.

CaliguyNYC

Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:23 pm

avier wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:
#SPICJET to begin Daily flights to #Singapore from #Delhi, #Mumbai & #Bangalore in the winter schedule 2019

It looks like Spice is targeting the three main business markets.

This is quote by another poster "That's exactly what Jet did. So a no-brainer for SG if they want to tap into and fill up that vacuum.
Jet had extensive codeshares with QF for onward connections from SIN/BKK to Australia/New Zealand. I have taken a couple of flights to NZ on their itinerary combo, and were competitively priced always. I also used to receive 45kg baggage allowance on my one-way trips to NZ on certain bookings, which was awesome.
And then 9W's huge Gulf presence, EY partner for funneling pax everywhere, and DL/AF/KLM/VS for North America and Europe. SG just has to copy now.[/quote]

The start of my post - I 100% agree with you and think Spice is being very smart. First focus on the 3 major cities, consolidate and then go after Tier 2 & 3 (unless it is a very profitable P2P route). Many on anet will disagree and I respect their view. And yes go after DL.