edealinfo
Posts: 1489
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:00 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:

Perfect timing...

Perfect timing for what? Do you support the bilateral rights being increased? Why?


No I don’t support it but I didn’t want to get into that same argument again. So I focused on timing. WRT timing, even if you support the seat increase, I cannot believe this comes up right now when every Indian airline is scrambling to fill in the gaps of Jet. I want Spice, Indigo, Vistara etc to all succeed. So let’s give them time to bring in capacity and expand. The last thing they need is EK adding a ton of seats and a fare war starting. I appreciate the original poster pointing out the article was from DXB’s POV. I love that they said the capacity crunch to try and force the GOI’s hand. While I still want Indian airlines to start long haul, I am glad BA, KL, DL, VS all stepped in to fill in some of Jet’s gap (keeps a diversity of airlines and cities and frequencies). Also Indian airlines will fill in all the 737/320 INTL flights very soon.

I still don’t follow why you said it is perfect timing.... what is perfectly timed for what?
 
edealinfo
Posts: 1489
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:05 pm

delete
Last edited by edealinfo on Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2578
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:06 pm

This seems to be a persistent issue with SpiceJet on certain specific rotations.
Denial of racism is as egregious as racism itself
 
edealinfo
Posts: 1489
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:11 pm

Previously, all Indian airlines stood united in blocking any more bilateral seats to Dubai. However, now that Spicejet is aligned with Emirates, the previous joint citadel will crumble. Only time will tell.

I think Emirates was smart with its SpiceJet play. It usually pays off to be aligned with the winners of Jet’s spoils. In fact, I would guess that of all Jet’s slots alloyed to other Indian carriers, SpiceJet would get the cream of that crop.

I expect the Government to “give in”. At the very least, it should insist that the new rights should be given only to Tier 2 and 3 cities, and that too for a single daily flight of no more than 200 seats. This would favor flydubai rather than Emirates[/quote]
 
CaliguyNYC
Posts: 1070
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:27 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:31 pm

edealinfo wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
Perfect timing for what? Do you support the bilateral rights being increased? Why?


No I don’t support it but I didn’t want to get into that same argument again. So I focused on timing. WRT timing, even if you support the seat increase, I cannot believe this comes up right now when every Indian airline is scrambling to fill in the gaps of Jet. I want Spice, Indigo, Vistara etc to all succeed. So let’s give them time to bring in capacity and expand. The last thing they need is EK adding a ton of seats and a fare war starting. I appreciate the original poster pointing out the article was from DXB’s POV. I love that they said the capacity crunch to try and force the GOI’s hand. While I still want Indian airlines to start long haul, I am glad BA, KL, DL, VS all stepped in to fill in some of Jet’s gap (keeps a diversity of airlines and cities and frequencies). Also Indian airlines will fill in all the 737/320 INTL flights very soon.

I still don’t follow why you said it is perfect timing.... what is perfectly timed for what?


It was sarcasm to mean - so not perfect timing.
 
CaliguyNYC
Posts: 1070
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:27 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:38 pm

edealinfo wrote:
Previously, all Indian airlines stood united in blocking any more bilateral seats to Dubai. However, now that Spicejet is aligned with Emirates, the previous joint citadel will crumble. Only time will tell.

I think Emirates was smart with its SpiceJet play. It usually pays off to be aligned with the winners of Jet’s spoils. In fact, I would guess that of all Jet’s slots alloyed to other Indian carriers, SpiceJet would get the cream of that crop.

I expect the Government to “give in”. At the very least, it should insist that the new rights should be given only to Tier 2 and 3 cities, and that too for a single daily flight of no more than 200 seats. This would favor flydubai rather than Emirates
[/quote]

I don’t know what will happen - it is a coin toss. The BJP has resisted increasing seats to the ME3 for some time now. The BJP needs to deliver jobs. Aviation can add jobs to urban Indians who are core to BJP’s support. To be honest I don’t know how SpiceJet is helped by more seats to DXB. They will get a good chunk of Jet’s ME routes / seats (to DXB and other markets). I feel like Spice is helped by higher fares more than being EK’s lackey on just sending people to DXB for $800 fares to the US. Spice can just look at how Jet’s pushing people through AUH worked for them. I mean look at all the seats and cities they could fly to AUH. And it failed. If I was the GOI I would continue with the proposal of converting unused AUH, SHJ seats to DXB seats. That is the fair thing to do and a win win for both. Remember both sides have unused seats and the UAE benefits by more indian tourists to DXB.
 
VTORD
Posts: 520
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:45 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:22 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:

To be honest I don’t know how SpiceJet is helped by more seats to DXB. They will get a good chunk of Jet’s ME routes / seats (to DXB and other markets). I feel like Spice is helped by higher fares more than being EK’s lackey on just sending people to DXB for $800 fares to the US.

That will come down to what SG decides to do with the codeshare. The reason EK is successful in addition to the ad nauseam discussion on Tier 1 v Tier 2/3 is that there is a healthy O&D between DXB and India. There are in excess of a million expats working and living in UAE in addition to the Dubai Shopping festival crowd. Flights from the US only feed 1 EK bank at DXB ( 2 if Tier 1) But most EK stations see multiple dailies.

Let's take an example of a market like Indore which is not served by EK. So today you have to travel IDR-BOM/DEL-DXB vice versa (I did not bother to check if Air Arabia or FlyDubai serve IDR). Can SG fill that connection gap at BOM so that the worker from Indore can connect on to SG from EK500/EK502?
Or does SG open a port of call in India using the (subject to availability) bilateral to fly DXB - IDR? Combine IDR-DXB O&D with market for IDR-DXB-XXX, if seamless travel is made possible on EK, you just eliminated one stop. EK and SG don't have to open the same port of call.

Not everything is centered on pushing on traffic to the US.

CaliguyNYC wrote:
Spice can just look at how Jet’s pushing people through AUH worked for them. I mean look at all the seats and cities they could fly to AUH. And it failed.

Key phrase: "could". That is as much on EY as it is on 9W. EY re-timed half of their US/NA bank flights which messed with onward connections to/from non-BOM/DEL/BLR stations. Poor execution of strategy is not the fault of the strategy itself. Note: of the remaining EY stations in the US, ORD has been reverted back to the evening departure from the US side.

CaliguyNYC wrote:
If I was the GOI I would continue with the proposal of converting unused AUH, SHJ seats to DXB seats. That is the fair thing to do and a win win for both. Remember both sides have unused seats and the UAE benefits by more indian tourists to DXB.

I very much doubt Abu Dhabi or Sharjah will agree to that. What they should do is keep the current seats and then move the BASA to 1 for the UAE v separate for each Emirate.
 
CaliguyNYC
Posts: 1070
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:27 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:54 pm

VTORD wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:

To be honest I don’t know how SpiceJet is helped by more seats to DXB. They will get a good chunk of Jet’s ME routes / seats (to DXB and other markets). I feel like Spice is helped by higher fares more than being EK’s lackey on just sending people to DXB for $800 fares to the US.

That will come down to what SG decides to do with the codeshare. The reason EK is successful in addition to the ad nauseam discussion on Tier 1 v Tier 2/3 is that there is a healthy O&D between DXB and India. There are in excess of a million expats working and living in UAE in addition to the Dubai Shopping festival crowd. Flights from the US only feed 1 EK bank at DXB ( 2 if Tier 1) But most EK stations see multiple dailies.

Let's take an example of a market like Indore which is not served by EK. So today you have to travel IDR-BOM/DEL-DXB vice versa (I did not bother to check if Air Arabia or FlyDubai serve IDR). Can SG fill that connection gap at BOM so that the worker from Indore can connect on to SG from EK500/EK502?
Or does SG open a port of call in India using the (subject to availability) bilateral to fly DXB - IDR? Combine IDR-DXB O&D with market for IDR-DXB-XXX, if seamless travel is made possible on EK, you just eliminated one stop. EK and SG don't have to open the same port of call.

Not everything is centered on pushing on traffic to the US.

CaliguyNYC wrote:
Spice can just look at how Jet’s pushing people through AUH worked for them. I mean look at all the seats and cities they could fly to AUH. And it failed.

Key phrase: "could". That is as much on EY as it is on 9W. EY re-timed half of their US/NA bank flights which messed with onward connections to/from non-BOM/DEL/BLR stations. Poor execution of strategy is not the fault of the strategy itself. Note: of the remaining EY stations in the US, ORD has been reverted back to the evening departure from the US side.

CaliguyNYC wrote:
If I was the GOI I would continue with the proposal of converting unused AUH, SHJ seats to DXB seats. That is the fair thing to do and a win win for both. Remember both sides have unused seats and the UAE benefits by more indian tourists to DXB.

I very much doubt Abu Dhabi or Sharjah will agree to that. What they should do is keep the current seats and then move the BASA to 1 for the UAE v separate for each Emirate.


I hope SG and other airlines open new routes. I am skeptical on how many new cities will actually be opened. AIX has tried cities like Lucknow, Jaipur, etc, But perhaps the EK code share will help. In the end all airlines will have seats to allocate where they want. I don’t think seats to Dubai are at a shortage or an issue. With Jet gone, it is one less airline that needs to replicate routes.

As far as the UAE govt, you are right they are resisting it But so what, that is the negotiation. India has the power here not the UAE. Why should India care the UAE emirates can’t work together. If the UAE would allow one seat count for UAE, EK would have started more flights as would India. Which again probably helps the UAE more (more tourists and more connecting pax to help build their airlines). Also let’s not forget the other big sticking point - slots at DXB. What is the point of granting new seats where EK has good slots but Indian carriers don’t get anything they feel is useable.
 
edealinfo
Posts: 1489
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:16 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:

It was sarcasm to mean - so not perfect timing.

Gotcha and now that I get it; pretty perfect situation for sarcasm

Also separately agree that Indian carriers in the recent past have complained that there aren’t “commercially viable” slots for them at DXB.

Also agree with another poster who said that India should insist on a single bilateral with UAE going forward with seats to be used against any approved station. On the other hand India’s Government wouldn’t want that because there is an ongoing court case on the large increase in AUH rights and if it is determined by the court to be a scam, it would highly embarrass and hit the opposition party. Why would bee jay pea want to waive that opportunity to embarrass the other party if the court can offer it to them on a platter. Therefore, I think only DXB rights would be increased, if at all.

I have also read online that it was India that preferred separate bilaterals with the Emirates so as to use a divide and conquer strategy. Those Emirates that play ball would get better seat allocations.
 
edealinfo
Posts: 1489
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:48 pm

Also agree with another poster who said that India should insist on a single bilateral with UAE going forward with seats to be used against any approved station. On the other hand India’s Government wouldn’t want that because there is an ongoing court case on the large increase in AUH rights and if it is determined by the court to be a scam, it would highly embarrass and hit the opposition party. Why would bee jay pea want to waive that opportunity to embarrass the other party if the court can offer it to them on a platter. Therefore, I think only DXB rights would be increased, if at all ( which still keeps alive the AUH court case; a new UAE as a whole bilateral with a revised seat count, would essentially kill the court case as it would make it obsolete)
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:56 am

Im glad EK doesnt fly to my VILK..though we have AIX and flydubai (738s) to DXB and Saudia to RUH and JED (A333) and IndiGo to Sharjah (320) may be EK is earning through FlyDubai.There was a Jet flight from VILK to AUH so Probably IndiGo or AI can start a flight to AUH if they see potential.

EK seems to be like EY however at least EK isnt cursed like EY for EY any airline it touches went bankrupt some bright examples are Air Berlin,Alitalia,Jet Airways etc Alitalia is flying ofcorse cause like AI its Italian gov's darling but we all know its not in a good condition.

I hope the joker airlines of India (Spicejet) remains cautious of EK or they might get devoured by them lol
 
anshabhi
Posts: 2100
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:42 am

I would honestly not be surprised if SG remains in codeshare with EK while simultaneously opposing greater bilateral rights to them
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:51 am

Does anyone else think that AI is making a huge mistake by Flying to Nairobo and Bali,which could have been profitible had they chosen to fly to Johannesburg and Auckland Instead ?
 
airboss787
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:05 am

FligtReporter wrote:
Does anyone else think that AI is making a huge mistake by Flying to Nairobo and Bali,which could have been profitible had they chosen to fly to Johannesburg and Auckland Instead ?


Auckland should definitely not be happening. Too long and low yield. Unless its a tag on from SYD or MEL, I hope they don't launch AKL. It would be like throwing money down the drain, literally. Bali is close enough to probably be in the A320neo range and Nairobi could be from BOM and if so, again, could be A320 range. I see them as pretty decent destinations. JNB could happen but the fact that it doesn't exist and nobody seems interested probably means its not a great idea.
Star Alliance Gold
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2578
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:40 am

FligtReporter wrote:
Does anyone else think that AI is making a huge mistake by Flying to Nairobo and Bali,which could have been profitible had they chosen to fly to Johannesburg and Auckland Instead ?

Any route that AI flies is a mistake. When any AI pilot starts the engines of an AI plane anywhere in the world he/she burns taxpayer money along with jet fuel.
Denial of racism is as egregious as racism itself
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:57 am

unrave wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:
Does anyone else think that AI is making a huge mistake by Flying to Nairobo and Bali,which could have been profitible had they chosen to fly to Johannesburg and Auckland Instead ?

Any route that AI flies is a mistake. When any AI pilot starts the engines of an AI plane anywhere in the world he/she burns taxpayer money along with jet fuel.


I know your probably as frustrated with the AI situation as I am..But for me I have reasons to love AI and have mentioned them in my earlier posts..So I hate to admit but its like AI's existence is national importance UNLESS ofcorse Gov forces Vistara or other airlines to fly to Intl cities at cheaper rates which I feel would never happen.
 
User avatar
ronitkadam777
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:27 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:01 am

Any clue if AI is still interested in 5 of 9W's 77Ws?
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:12 am

ronitkadam777 wrote:
Any clue if AI is still interested in 5 of 9W's 77Ws?

I dont think they are intrested in them...But Im curious too..lets see if anyone else has any answers to this question.
 
JOYA380B747
Posts: 773
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:31 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:36 am

Clicked this today morning at DEL. Pretty neat paintjob I would say. The blue shade in the lower half of the fuselage remains.

ImageVistara 737 by Niladri Haldar, on Flickr
India's biggest loss w.r.t global aviation (so far) - Being an Australasia-Europe stopover.
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:38 am

JOYA380B747 wrote:
Clicked this today morning at DEL. Pretty neat paintjob I would say. The blue shade in the lower half of the fuselage remains.

ImageVistara 737 by Niladri Haldar, on Flickr


Its VT-TGC or TGF ? I saw their poat on twitter where they said they will get all their 738s painted in full Vistara livery ( including Belly)
 
JOYA380B747
Posts: 773
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:31 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:44 am

FligtReporter wrote:
Its VT-TGC or TGF ? I saw their poat on twitter where they said they will get all their 738s painted in full Vistara livery ( including Belly)


VT-TGC

Check the regd no written next to the front gear
India's biggest loss w.r.t global aviation (so far) - Being an Australasia-Europe stopover.
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:54 am

JOYA380B747 wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:
Its VT-TGC or TGF ? I saw their poat on twitter where they said they will get all their 738s painted in full Vistara livery ( including Belly)


VT-TGC

Check the regd no written next to the front gear


Thanks for the clarity
 
VTORD
Posts: 520
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:45 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:02 am

FligtReporter wrote:
EY any airline it touches went bankrupt some bright examples are Air Berlin,Alitalia,Jet Airways etc Alitalia is flying ofcorse cause like AI its Italian gov's darling but we all know its not in a good condition.

Actually EY touched only bankrupt (or at the very least financially troubled) airlines. Not the other way around.

FligtReporter wrote:
I hope the joker airlines of India (Spicejet) remains cautious of EK or they might get devoured by them lol

Not sure what you mean by "joker airline" but EY-9W isn't the same as EK-SG. EK is not angling for a stake in SG. It's a code share.

ronitkadam777 wrote:
Any clue if AI is still interested in 5 of 9W's 77Ws?

They are not. That's a good thing.

airboss787 wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:
Does anyone else think that AI is making a huge mistake by Flying to Nairobo and Bali,which could have been profitible had they chosen to fly to Johannesburg and Auckland Instead ?


Auckland should definitely not be happening. Too long and low yield. Unless its a tag on from SYD or MEL, I hope they don't launch AKL.

They already have a DEL-SYD-MEL. So 1 option is make that DEL-SYD and something like DEL-MEL-AKL or keep the flight and DEL-BNE-AKL along the lines of QF's SYD-LAX-JFK.

Previously both 9W and SA have tried BOM-JNB but without success. NBO? No clue if ET doesn't already handle a lot of that traffic.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2578
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:05 am

VTORD wrote:
They already have a DEL-SYD-MEL. So 1 option is make that DEL-SYD and something like DEL-MEL-AKL or keep the flight and DEL-BNE-AKL along the lines of QF's SYD-LAX-JFK.


AI no longer flies SYD-MEL
I think it is DEL-SYD on 4 days and DEL-MEL on 3 days now
Denial of racism is as egregious as racism itself
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:19 am

VTORD wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:
EY any airline it touches went bankrupt some bright examples are Air Berlin,Alitalia,Jet Airways etc Alitalia is flying ofcorse cause like AI its Italian gov's darling but we all know its not in a good condition.

Actually EY touched only bankrupt (or at the very least financially troubled) airlines. Not the other way around.

FligtReporter wrote:
I hope the joker airlines of India (Spicejet) remains cautious of EK or they might get devoured by them lol

Not sure what you mean by "joker airline" but EY-9W isn't the same as EK-SG. EK is not angling for a stake in SG. It's a code share.

ronitkadam777 wrote:
Any clue if AI is still interested in 5 of 9W's 77Ws?

They are not. That's a good thing.

airboss787 wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:
Does anyone else think that AI is making a huge mistake by Flying to Nairobo and Bali,which could have been profitible had they chosen to fly to Johannesburg and Auckland Instead ?


Auckland should definitely not be happening. Too long and low yield. Unless its a tag on from SYD or MEL, I hope they don't launch AKL.

They already have a DEL-SYD-MEL. So 1 option is make that DEL-SYD and something like DEL-MEL-AKL or keep the flight and DEL-BNE-AKL along the lines of QF's SYD-LAX-JFK.

Previously both 9W and SA have tried BOM-JNB but without success. NBO? No clue if ET doesn't already handle a lot of that traffic.


By Joker airline I meant that Spicejet is the only indian airline whose planes are literal Clowns.I believe they have no brand for i have been seeing their 737s ans Q400s in full white and some with advertisement or some half red and half white and some with red belly and white head and some the other way round.

I dont even know what their logo is..I guess that yellow spots in red probably bt Im not sure if that really is the logo.
 
avier
Posts: 867
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:47 am

edealinfo wrote:
I hope the Government now would have the kuhanas to:
1. Get rid of the 0/20 rule that stymies competition on the international routes
2. Allow Air Asia India to fly internationally

^From Jet Shutdown thread:

One of 6E's worst nightmare is here:
Image

AirAsia group has about a 100 A330-900Neo on order. I'm sure they wouldn't be using up all the frames for Malaysia/Thai ops. They would definitely deploy some in one of the more larger and promising aviation market through their subsidiary AirAsia India. Hence 6E is desperate for A321Neo XLR's and such.
 
unnayan
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:57 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:58 am

JOYA380B747 wrote:
Clicked this today morning at DEL. Pretty neat paintjob I would say. The blue shade in the lower half of the fuselage remains.

ImageVistara 737 by Niladri Haldar, on Flickr


Why did they leave the blue under belly?
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:58 am

avier wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
I hope the Government now would have the kuhanas to:
1. Get rid of the 0/20 rule that stymies competition on the international routes
2. Allow Air Asia India to fly internationally

^From Jet Shutdown thread:

One of 6E's worst nightmare is here:
Image

AirAsia group has about a 100 A330-900Neo on order. I'm sure they wouldn't be using up all the frames for Malaysia/Thai ops. They would definitely deploy some in one of the more larger and promising aviation market through their subsidiary AirAsia India. Hence 6E is desperate for A321Neo XLR's and such.


IndiGo will always be a regional BEST LCC unless it gets a few of these 339 for it seems to be the best option...I guess they dont plan to operate to UK etc on 330 rather would go with their 321 LR..dunno how passengers would feel on suh narrow planes of that long flight
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:37 am

I have been seeing AI operating A320Neos from Mumbai-Riyadh,Delhi-Riyadh for sometime now also many Gulf routes from goa,Hyderabad,Bangalore,Chenai to Riyadh,Dubai,Abu Dhabi,Kuwait etc.

I believe its a Nice they r using These fuel efficent narrow bodies..Also they are gonna get more of their grounded planes soon so we may expect more of the regional routes by october.
 
anshabhi
Posts: 2100
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:10 am

Did you guys know Indian railways is profitable despite paying for all of its subsidies and debts!!? Without taking any bailouts from the government!! Despite having all the so called political interference!!

It's truly shameful to see the rot that lies inside AI. A socially motivated organization is doing such a good job and AI only keeps crying out for bailouts

I think the reason why AI failed is a really step motherly treatment from government. AI employees are not given any specific training for aviation - on the other hand we have IRTS (Indian Railways Transport Services), IREES (Electrical Engineering), IRME(Mechanical Engineering) etc, all of which pick up people through the famed UPSC exam, give them thorough training spreading over several months and then assign them management positions in Railways. The result is Railways board is made up of people who have years of experience working in Railways and are well aware with every nook and corner of it's massive network.

AI board is composed of typical IAS officers with no domain knowledge at all

Govt has no such system in place for AI at all. Govt does have similar system in place for ATCs though. If govt ever starts an airline again - this is where they should start. Recruiting and properly training the people in power.
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:29 am

anshabhi wrote:
Did you guys know Indian railways is profitable despite paying for all of its subsidies and debts!!? Without taking any bailouts from the government!! Despite having all the so called political interference!!

It's truly shameful to see the rot that lies inside AI. A socially motivated organization is doing such a good job and AI only keeps crying out for bailouts

I think the reason why AI failed is a really step motherly treatment from government. AI employees are not given any specific training for aviation - on the other hand we have IRTS (Indian Railways Transport Services), IREES (Electrical Engineering), IRME(Mechanical Engineering) etc, all of which pick up people through the famed UPSC exam, give them thorough training spreading over several months and then assign them management positions in Railways. The result is Railways board is made up of people who have years of experience working in Railways and are well aware with every nook and corner of it's massive network.

AI board is composed of typical IAS officers with no domain knowledge at all

Govt has no such system in place for AI at all. Govt does have similar system in place for ATCs though. If govt ever starts an airline again - this is where they should start. Recruiting and properly training the people in power.


Though I agree with you but can you explain what do you mean by "IF THE GOV EVER STARTS AN AIRLINE AGAIN" AI is the first and oldest and even that was started by Late Mr.Tata So Gov just snatched it.

I dont think with the kind of debt they have with AI they would even think for at least 100 years of starting another airline and usually all countries have single national airlines..it wont make sense to have another.

I dont know much about Indian railways because the last time I travlled on an Indian train it was back in 2009 as a really small shool kid so I dont know what services they have however I have heard and seen many reports of Indian trains derailing,Bombed,Roach in food and sort of similar news..Oh wait I actually watched some videos of the new train the bharat express which looks really nice and clean..Id love to try that but it doesnt come to my city.
 
edealinfo
Posts: 1489
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:30 am

Indigo to commence New Vizag-Chennai daily flight from July 1. This would be Indigo's 3rd frequency on a route that is experiencing 90% load factor.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cit ... 806485.cms
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:38 pm

edealinfo wrote:
Indigo to commence New Vizag-Chennai daily flight from July 1. This would be Indigo's 3rd frequency on a route that is experiencing 90% load factor.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cit ... 806485.cms


I Like IndiGo..Even though Im an AI lover but IndiGo is my fav LCC and its nice to see theur 4 planes parked at my base over night.
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2578
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:44 pm

FligtReporter wrote:

I Like IndiGo..Even though Im an AI lover but IndiGo is my fav LCC and its nice to see theur 4 planes parked at my base over night.

What is your base?
Denial of racism is as egregious as racism itself
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:16 pm

unrave wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:

I Like IndiGo..Even though Im an AI lover but IndiGo is my fav LCC and its nice to see theur 4 planes parked at my base over night.

What is your base?


VILK
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:32 pm

A very sad news coming in from my favourite AI.Today it was the last flight of The CLASSIC A320 Reg VT-ESL from DEL-BOM after 30 Years of Service the Bird is finally off the indian skies...Im in tears.

I flew that aircraft as a baby when it was in Indian airlines livery.

The most beautiful aspect of these classics were those uniquely amazing (Double Bogey Landing gears) that made it look much more bigger than a normal A320.

AN END OF AN ERA :(
 
User avatar
unrave
Posts: 2578
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:37 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:05 pm

End of an era indeed. Unfortunately I never flew on one of these.
Denial of racism is as egregious as racism itself
 
VTORD
Posts: 520
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:45 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:47 pm

unrave wrote:
AI no longer flies SYD-MEL
I think it is DEL-SYD on 4 days and DEL-MEL on 3 days now

Thanks for the clarification. Wasn't aware of that!
 
edealinfo
Posts: 1489
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:51 pm

FligtReporter wrote:
A very sad news coming in from my favourite AI.Today it was the last flight of The CLASSIC A320 Reg VT-ESL from DEL-BOM after 30 Years of Service the Bird is finally off the indian skies...Im in tears.

I flew that aircraft as a baby when it was in Indian airlines livery.

The most beautiful aspect of these classics were those uniquely amazing (Double Bogey Landing gears) that made it look much more bigger than a normal A320.

AN END OF AN ERA :(


These planes were often described as the "flying coffins" [because of the relatively high accident rates]. RIP.
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:05 pm

edealinfo wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:
A very sad news coming in from my favourite AI.Today it was the last flight of The CLASSIC A320 Reg VT-ESL from DEL-BOM after 30 Years of Service the Bird is finally off the indian skies...Im in tears.

I flew that aircraft as a baby when it was in Indian airlines livery.

The most beautiful aspect of these classics were those uniquely amazing (Double Bogey Landing gears) that made it look much more bigger than a normal A320.

AN END OF AN ERA :(


These planes were often described as the "flying coffins" [because of the relatively high accident rates]. RIP.


Yeah i did read that somewhere a few years ago..However I loved them.
There are few things I wish AI never changes
1 ) Maharaja
2 ) Palace Style Windows ( That makes the windoes look more bigger and elegant )
3 ) Red tail

IMO AI has the most beautiful Livery on the Planet and I hope the palace window and red combination never changes.
 
unnayan
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:57 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:47 pm

edealinfo wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:
A very sad news coming in from my favourite AI.Today it was the last flight of The CLASSIC A320 Reg VT-ESL from DEL-BOM after 30 Years of Service the Bird is finally off the indian skies...Im in tears.

I flew that aircraft as a baby when it was in Indian airlines livery.

The most beautiful aspect of these classics were those uniquely amazing (Double Bogey Landing gears) that made it look much more bigger than a normal A320.

AN END OF AN ERA :(


These planes were often described as the "flying coffins" [because of the relatively high accident rates]. RIP.


Can you please point towards the flying coffin reference?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor ... s_in_India
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:49 pm

YaaY we won todays match WC2019 !
 
binayak
Posts: 959
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:00 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:57 pm

FligtReporter wrote:
YaaY we won todays match WC2019 !


We're close to winning but these kinds of comments aren't entertained on this site . Please be careful.
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today
 
JOYA380B747
Posts: 773
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:31 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:58 pm

unnayan wrote:
Why did they leave the blue under belly?


All 737s will get the full white belly eventually, as indicated in today's tweet.

https://twitter.com/airvistara/status/1 ... 4899410945
India's biggest loss w.r.t global aviation (so far) - Being an Australasia-Europe stopover.
 
FligtReporter
Posts: 186
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:05 pm

binayak wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:
YaaY we won todays match WC2019 !


We're close to winning but these kinds of comments aren't entertained on this site . Please be careful.


Oh ok..Im sorry all my brothers and sisters..I didnt know the regulation..Im sorry.
 
Vimanav
Posts: 1459
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:33 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:11 pm

edealinfo wrote:

These planes were often described as the "flying coffins" [because of the relatively high accident rates]. RIP.


And just how do you describe them as flying coffins?

Of the first 31 A320s Indian Airlines ordered (the 4 wheel bogey MLG aircraft) only one, Echo Papa November was lost on Valentine's day 1990. Otherwise there have been no fatalities involving Indian Airlines/Air India's A320 family aircraft (except for the engineer getting sucked into an A319) in a service spanning 31 years. That's an outstanding flying record... and without coffins.

brgds//Vimanav
Sarfaroshi kii tamannaa ab hamaare dil mein hai, Dekhnaa hai zor kitnaa baazu-e-qaatil mein hai
 
airboss787
Posts: 59
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:35 pm

unrave wrote:
VTORD wrote:
They already have a DEL-SYD-MEL. So 1 option is make that DEL-SYD and something like DEL-MEL-AKL or keep the flight and DEL-BNE-AKL along the lines of QF's SYD-LAX-JFK.


AI no longer flies SYD-MEL
I think it is DEL-SYD on 4 days and DEL-MEL on 3 days now


DEL-SYD is 5x weekly and DEL-MEL is 3x weekly. Air India has mentioned previously that they would like to make both of those daily flights. No idea when that will happen, maybe once they have their grounded aircraft back.
Star Alliance Gold
 
edealinfo
Posts: 1489
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:39 pm

Aviation pacts hurt national carriers: ED

With such kinds of reports in the media, I wonder how India will proceed on additional bilateral flying rights to Dubai.

Couldn't a new rule that denies 6th freedom rights on all the new capacity, under a new bilateral, fix the core issue?

https://www.thehindu.com/news/national/ ... epage=true
 
edealinfo
Posts: 1489
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:46 pm

Vimanav wrote:
edealinfo wrote:

These planes were often described as the "flying coffins" [because of the relatively high accident rates]. RIP.


And just how do you describe them as flying coffins?

Of the first 31 A320s Indian Airlines ordered (the 4 wheel bogey MLG aircraft) only one, Echo Papa November was lost on Valentine's day 1990. Otherwise there have been no fatalities involving Indian Airlines/Air India's A320 family aircraft (except for the engineer getting sucked into an A319) in a service spanning 31 years. That's an outstanding flying record... and without coffins.

brgds//Vimanav


My apologies. The flying coffins is more often referenced with India's MIG-21
 
edealinfo
Posts: 1489
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - June 2019

Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:19 pm

The Government is to make Kargil a full fledged airport for civil aviation.

Is this a joke?????? Or does the Government actually think there is tourism or other civil potential?

https://www.greaterkashmir.com/news/bus ... in-kargil/

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos