sonicruiser
Topic Author

British Airways touches down in Pakistan after 10 years

Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:56 pm

Never thought I'd see the light of day.

But BA has officially resumed Pakistan. The first flight commenced yesterday with a 787 touching down in Islamabad at 9:15AM. Great day for both British Airways and Pakistan.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1486284

PSAatSAN4Ever

Re: British Airways touches down in Pakistan after 10 years

Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:29 pm

Always awesome to see new routes established and/or resumed. Has anybody flown ISB-London in the meantime?

I can imagine that the gulf carriers being able to connect more than just one Pakistani airport to the rest of the world couldn't have helped with yields...

Congratulations to all parties involved!

kjeld0d

Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:37 pm

sonicruiser wrote:

This has to be the longest flight, no?

9w748capt

Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:58 pm

kjeld0d wrote:
sonicruiser wrote:

Wow that's brilliant. Thank you for the laugh!

PSAatSAN4Ever

Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:47 pm

kjeld0d wrote:
sonicruiser wrote:

A small sampling of destinations served non-stop from LHR that are more than 3283 nautical miles, the distance of LHR-ISB.

LH658

Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:53 pm

Amazing hope to see BA expand to more cities in PK, and up gauge in frequency, and aircraft. Only issue I can see is the 1 check in bag allowance in economy, wish it could be 2 bags.

MalevTU134

Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:57 pm

PSAatSAN4Ever wrote:
kjeld0d wrote:
sonicruiser wrote:

A small sampling of destinations served non-stop from LHR that are more than 3283 nautical miles, the distance of LHR-ISB.

You really are devoid of a sense of humour, aren't you?
(Don't even bother to edit your post with the destinations you had in mind.)

Galwayman

Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:13 pm

kjeld0d wrote:
sonicruiser wrote:

Haha hilarious,,,love it

One checked bag in economy = route won’t last long

LH658

Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:39 pm

Galwayman wrote:
kjeld0d wrote:
sonicruiser wrote:

Haha hilarious,,,love it

Just checked BA LHR - BOM route it also 1 bag as well at 23kg in economy, surprise how they manage as other Euro carriers allow 2 bags 23 kg each to India.

MalevTU134

Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:03 pm

LH658 wrote:
Galwayman wrote:
kjeld0d wrote:

Haha hilarious,,,love it

Just checked BA LHR - BOM route it also 1 bag as well at 23kg in economy, surprise how they manage as other Euro carriers allow 2 bags 23 kg each to India.

I doubt that BA is interested in carrying ethnic traffic on these routes, but rather aim for J class passengers, other business passengers (in economy), and cargo. These don't usually bring along the kitchen sink. BA is happy to leave that segment of the market to PK, AI, ME3 et al.

lutfi

Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:34 am

Galwayman wrote:
kjeld0d wrote:
sonicruiser wrote:

Haha hilarious,,,love it

deliberate segmentation of market? (i.e. not targeting VFR market)

PSAatSAN4Ever

Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:48 am

MalevTU134 wrote:
PSAatSAN4Ever wrote:
kjeld0d wrote:

I have a great sense of humor. What you are speaking of I have no idea.

The purpose of my picture was to point out that LHR-ISB is 3283 nautical miles, and that these are a sampling of locations British Airways has that are further. Nothing more than that.

As a geography teacher, I understand that not everyone has a working knowledge of distances and locations, so I attempted to follow, literally, to answer the question. If there was sarcasm in that question, I didn't catch it, and only responded to what was asked. Nothing else was intended

lightsaber

Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:05 am

lutfi wrote:
Galwayman wrote:
kjeld0d wrote:

Haha hilarious,,,love it

deliberate segmentation of market? (i.e. not targeting VFR market)

First ten years as longest flight is great a.net humor!

Some will be ok with one bag, many won't, but it will be a direct flight for some...

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

speedbird52

Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:28 am

MalevTU134 wrote:
LH658 wrote:
Galwayman wrote:

Haha hilarious,,,love it

I doubt that BA is interested in carrying ethnic traffic on these routes, but rather aim for J class passengers, other business passengers (in economy), and cargo. These don't usually bring along the kitchen sink. BA is happy to leave that segment of the market to PK, AI, ME3 et al.

This post tells me a lot about you. I find it interesting that you find it so difficult to fathom "ethnic" passengers sitting in Business. If you weren't so ignorant you would have known that the Pakistani and Indian upper/middle class put more emphasis on being in First or Business class than any other population I know. Toxic cultural mentality? Probably. But not as toxic as your idea that anyone in a Business cabin surely cannot be any race except a White man.

TWA902fly

Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:45 am

PSAatSAN4Ever wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:
PSAatSAN4Ever wrote:

The purpose of my picture was to point out that LHR-ISB is 3283 nautical miles, and that these are a sampling of locations British Airways has that are further. Nothing more than that.

As a geography teacher, I understand that not everyone has a working knowledge of distances and locations, so I attempted to follow, literally, to answer the question. If there was sarcasm in that question, I didn't catch it, and only responded to what was asked. Nothing else was intended

The sarcasm you missed is that 10 years is what makes it the longest flight - as in it took BA 10 years to fly from LHR to ISB.

'902
life wasn't worth the balance, or the crumpled paper it was written on

aryonoco

Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:59 am

PSAatSAN4Ever wrote:

You've just demonstrated to the contrary.

aryonoco

Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:02 am

MalevTU134 wrote:
I doubt that BA is interested in carrying ethnic traffic

Oh you don't think BA is interested in carrying ethnically Anglo-Saxon passengers? Personally I don't have any issues with them. We get quite a few of these ethnic tourists in Australia, and for the most part they're decent.

smflyer

Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:12 am

Theres J demand to Pakistan?

PSAatSAN4Ever

Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:04 am

TWA902fly wrote:
PSAatSAN4Ever wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:

The sarcasm you missed is that 10 years is what makes it the longest flight - as in it took BA 10 years to fly from LHR to ISB.

'902

Oh.

My.

Goodness...

I completely missed that. mea culpa. Holy guacamole.

Yep, totally missed that.

And as embarrassed as I am, I'm glad I provided what was a rational answer to what I thought was a legitimate question. But I will be beet red for a while for missing that...

LH658

Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:05 am

smflyer wrote:

Of course, there just about premium demand to every country, some more then others.

747megatop

Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:10 am

PSAatSAN4Ever wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:
PSAatSAN4Ever wrote:

And that's precisely what you didn't catch! The question asked was more of a humour than an actual question!!

Max Q

Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:24 am

Does this mean the airspace restrictions that have prevented UA
from operating to Delhi have been lifted ?
The best contribution to safety is a competent Pilot.

Guns and the love of them by a loud minority are a malignant and deadly cancer inflicted on American society

impilot

Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:30 am

speedbird52 wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:
LH658 wrote:

For the record: I am an, "ethnic passenger". Specifically Pakistani. Thanks to my hardworking "ethnic" Pakistani parents I have probably flown in Business and First Class more times than you will in your entire life.

“Do you know who my dad is? He is rich and we fly first class more than you.” A.net gold.

speedbird52

Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:46 am

impilot wrote:
speedbird52 wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:

For the record: I am an, "ethnic passenger". Specifically Pakistani. Thanks to my hardworking "ethnic" Pakistani parents I have probably flown in Business and First Class more times than you will in your entire life.

“Do you know who my dad is? He is rich and we fly first class more than you.” A.net gold.

The purpose of that statement wasn't to flaunt wealth but to spit in the face of someone who seems to think that not being White disqualifies you from being a Business Class passenger and thus makes you a "lower value customer". Looking back I agree that it wasn't the most tasteful statement, and that I really did not help my credibility with that post. That said, MalevTU134s statement came from prejudice and nothing else. Sit in the cabin of a flight going to an "ethnic" country and typically the majority of the passengers in J qualify as "ethnic".

Adipocere

Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:27 am

Fantastic news. I just wish BA (or AF or LH) takes a shot at secondary cities like UET or PEW in due course of time.

TWA902fly

Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:33 am

PSAatSAN4Ever wrote:
TWA902fly wrote:
PSAatSAN4Ever wrote:

'902

Oh.

My.

Goodness...

I completely missed that. mea culpa. Holy guacamole.

Yep, totally missed that.

And as embarrassed as I am, I'm glad I provided what was a rational answer to what I thought was a legitimate question. But I will be beet red for a while for missing that...

Haha it happens to all of us! And in reality - a lot of people could use a geography lesson. :D

It's all in good humor.

'902
life wasn't worth the balance, or the crumpled paper it was written on

Iluvtofly

Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:43 am

PSAatSAN4Ever wrote:
kjeld0d wrote:
sonicruiser wrote:

I guess you just didnt get the humour in his awesome post...... touches down after 10 years as in HaHa LOL ....
Flown - B707 727 737 747 757 767 777 787 A300 310 319 320 321 330 340 Concorde BAC111 TU154 VC10 F27 F28 F100 DC3 DC8 DC9 DC10 L1011 L188 DHC6 DHC7 DHC8 E135 E145 HS748 MD11 ST27 CV580 S340 ATR42 J31

MalevTU134

Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:32 am

speedbird52 wrote:
impilot wrote:
speedbird52 wrote:

The purpose of that statement wasn't to flaunt wealth but to spit in the face of someone who seems to think that not being White disqualifies you from being a Business Class passenger and thus makes you a "lower value customer". Looking back I agree that it wasn't the most tasteful statement, and that I really did not help my credibility with that post. That said, MalevTU134s statement came from prejudice and nothing else. Sit in the cabin of a flight going to an "ethnic" country and typically the majority of the passengers in J qualify as "ethnic".

Not only was it not tasteful, but neither was it very clever. You see, this industry has been working with ethnic fares for decades. Yes, they are called so, whether it be to your liking or not. Ethnic fares and ethnic traffic apply and refer to passengers originating from a certain country travelling to their home country. It is basically a subsegment of the VFR (Visit Friends & Relatives) segment of passengers that travel on a special fare that is only valid for them. Apart from being slightly cheaper, ethnic fares often include a higher baggage allowance, more generous rebooking conditions, et cetera. All in all, they are seat fillers for airlines, rather than high earners. Hence why I suspect that BA is not very keen on catering to or going after this segment of passengers by offering generous baggage allowances, for example.. It has absolutely nothing to do with the colour of their skin, as you suggest, I can assure you that. At one airline I worked at, we had ethnic fares from Europe to Chile, Peru, Ecuador and other countries. I can absolutely garantee you that we didn't care the slightest whether those passengers were white, black, indigenous, of Japanese descent (all of which are prevalent in Peru, for example), or any other colour (which is what seems to be your obsession), as long as they were or had been nationals of the country they were travelling to.

You are welcome to having been enlightened on the subject, and your apologies will be appreciated and accepted.

Also, may I suggest that your extremely hardworking parents spend some of the money they spend on your numerous first class tickets on educating you? Not necessarily to know about ethnic fares and ethnic passengers, but so you know to find out facts and understand concepts before lashing out at people due to your own prejudices and lack of knowledge.

As an irony, I am writing this on the train to Schiphol, from where I am flying to Frankfurt and on to Bogotá, in first class. Those will be around my 30th flights in business and first class this year. But then, you will have flown 100, so yours is bigger than mine...

Oh, and my parents aren't paying for my flights. I can make my own money, thank you very much.

speedbird52

Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:38 am

MalevTU134 wrote:
speedbird52 wrote:
impilot wrote:

Not only was it not tasteful, but neither was it very clever. You see, this industry has been working with ethnic fares for decades. Yes, they are called so, whether it be to your liking or not. Ethnic fares and ethnic traffic apply and refer to passengers originating from a certain country travelling to their home country. It is basically a subsegment of the VFR (Visit Friends & Relatives) segment of passengers that travel on a special fare that is only valid for them. Apart from being slightly cheaper, ethnic fares often include a higher baggage allowance, more generous rebooking conditions, et cetera. All in all, they are seat fillers for airlines, rather than high earners. Hence why I suspect that BA is not very keen on catering to or going after this segment of passengers by offering generous baggage allowances, for example.. It has absolutely nothing to do with the colour of their skin, as you suggest, I can assure you that. At one airline I worked at, we had ethnic fares from Europe to Chile, Peru, Ecuador and other countries. I can absolutely garantee you that we didn't care the slightest whether those passengers were white, black, indigenous, of Japanese descent (all of which are prevalent in Peru, for example), or any other colour (which is what seems to be your obsession), as long as they were or had been nationals of the country they were travelling to.

You are welcome to having been enlightened on the subject, and your apologies will be appreciated and accepted.

Also, may I suggest that your extremely hardworking parents spend some of the money they spend on your numerous first class tickets on educating you? Not necessarily to know about ethnic fares and ethnic passengers, but so you know to find out facts and understand concepts before lashing out at people due to your own prejudices and lack of knowledge.

As an irony, I am writing this on the train to Schiphol, from where I am flying to Frankfurt and on to Bogotá, in first class. Those will be around my 30th flights in business and first class this year. But then, you will have flown 100, so yours is bigger than mine...

Oh, and my parents aren't paying for my flights. I can make my own money, thank you very much.

Google tells you that ethnic traffic refers to travelers of a particular racial origin. Implying whether you intended it or not that you think "ethnic" passengers are not likely to fly in J due to a perceived lack of social class. Not everyone here worked in the travel business. Perhaps don't use vague easily misconstrued terms next time. Most people will associate the word "ethnic" to refer to a racial or national group. How hard would it have been to say VFR traffic?

MalevTU134

Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:45 am

speedbird52 wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:
speedbird52 wrote:

Google tells you that ethnic traffic refers to travelers of a particular racial origin. Implying whether you intended it or not that you think "ethnic" passengers are not likely to fly in J due to a perceived lack of social class. Not everyone here worked in the travel business. Perhaps don't use vague easily misconstrued terms next time. Most people will associate the word "ethnic" to refer to a racial or national group. How hard would it have been to say VFR traffic?

Geez... Because it isn't VFR traffic. I just explained the difference.

upperdeckfan

Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:32 am

smflyer wrote:

From major global business centers like London there is J demand to almost everywhere, some places more than others.

Pakistan is a commonwealth member and Islamabad is the capital, expect goverment related traffic as well from both sides.
764, 789, 732,733,735,737,738,739,
752, 722, 717,74M,DC10,DC9,M82,
M83, M87, M88,310,319,320,321,332,
333, 343, 346,359,388,L1011,CR2,
CR7, CR9,CRK, E175,E190,ATR42,
DSH8, CS1,CS3

hohd

Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:22 pm

Pak government travel on J class will generally be on Pakistan airlines flying to UK, so that leaves some corporates, other governments and UN bodies. And some of that would still go through ME airlines. BA will be counting on US connections to cities not served by ME3 in addition to the O & D traffic.

ist2014

Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:25 pm

How is TK doing in PK. They have daily 330 flights to 3 major cities, how are loads, any idea?

sabby

Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:20 pm

LH658 wrote:
Galwayman wrote:
kjeld0d wrote:

Haha hilarious,,,love it

As far as I remember, AF/LH/KL all allow only 1 checked-in baggage of 23kg to/from India. Even ME carriers allow 30kg checked in baggage in Y.

spinotter

Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:54 pm

Adipocere wrote:
Fantastic news. I just wish BA (or AF or LH) takes a shot at secondary cities like UET or PEW in due course of time.

Seems highly unlikely to me. LHE maybe, KHI probably not because of security concerns, but what kind of traffic do UET or PEW have?

aarbee

Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:12 pm

sabby wrote:
LH658 wrote:
Galwayman wrote:

Haha hilarious,,,love it

As far as I remember, AF/LH/KL all allow only 1 checked-in baggage of 23kg to/from India. Even ME carriers allow 30kg checked in baggage in Y.

LH allows 2 x 23kg to India. EK recently started 1 bag on they lowest fare.

-R
Love the AIXes

SEU

Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:17 pm

PSAatSAN4Ever wrote:
kjeld0d wrote:
sonicruiser wrote:

Oh my lol

PSAatSAN4Ever

Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:48 pm

SEU wrote:
PSAatSAN4Ever wrote:
kjeld0d wrote:

Oh my lol

And you saw my mea culpa, admitting that I completely missed the joke, admitted I was embarrassed, and admitted that it was merely a response to what I thought was an uninformed but legitimate question, right?

Because some have only read my mistake and jumped on the bandwagon. Thank you for reading ALL of the posts.

LH658

Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:16 pm

Islamabad is the capital city, much more of a premium place in Pakistan compared to other cities, also way organized and peaceful. Has lot of offices for international companies doing business in Pakistan, traffic to Islamabad is also lot of diplomats from different countries, NGO, military travel, UN, and companies like Weatherford, FMC, ENI, Standard Charter Bank, Halliburton, and etc operate in Pakistan. Lot of connections between UK and Pakistan, plentiful of Pakistani now have gained wealth in the UK, and can afford to travel in F and J class.

Since Pakistan is member of the commonwealth, a lot of businesses in the UK, do businesses with Pakistani companies, and vice versa. Pakistan has huge population, and majority of it is young, lot of potential in the future especially in the new government.

Industries in the Punjab region are agriculture, medical equipment, sporting goods, and textiles. So hopefully good cargo opportunities.

If PIA flights are full to the UK, well then BA can certainly benefit from the same traffic whether it VFR or business travel. Also many Pakistani students study in UK, this isn't just flight targeting UK traffic, but also rest of Europe, and North America. Though the outbound flight back to LHR is horrible for North America connection, as it arrives in the evening. Maybe flight times will adjust as the years move on.

I am sure BA will do good, they use to send a 747 to ISB 10 years ago, they still compete with EK 12 daily and EY 4 daily flights to the UAE, while BA sends 4 daily flights 3 DXB, 1 AUH. I am sure the Pakistani will enjoy a reliable airline, a nice 787, and direct non stop flight. Though I am hoping to see LH make a return as well.

Reported today in Pakistani new that British officials were reviewing security at KHI and LHE airport.

Does anyone have the flight load for the inaugural flight?

LH658

Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:19 pm

Seem like the first BA crew arrived on June 3rd, and got to spend 2 days in ISB. Then that crew will fly back on June 6th BA260. Very nice BA crew gets to spend about 2 days in Islamabad.

Raptormodeller

Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:23 pm

Gotta keep the links with the colonies strong...
A380 A330 A318 A319 A320 A321 B737 B757 B767 B747 MD80 E185 E195
AF BA QF SQ HOP LT AA

KingB123

Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:01 pm

BA definitely need to venture into LHE next, its such a premium market of pakistan!
King B

sonicruiser
Topic Author

Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:27 pm

LH658 wrote:
Islamabad is the capital city, much more of a premium place in Pakistan compared to other cities, also way organized and peaceful. Has lot of offices for international companies doing business in Pakistan, traffic to Islamabad is also lot of diplomats from different countries, NGO, military travel, UN, and companies like Weatherford, FMC, ENI, Standard Charter Bank, Halliburton, and etc operate in Pakistan. Lot of connections between UK and Pakistan, plentiful of Pakistani now have gained wealth in the UK, and can afford to travel in F and J class.

Since Pakistan is member of the commonwealth, a lot of businesses in the UK, do businesses with Pakistani companies, and vice versa. Pakistan has huge population, and majority of it is young, lot of potential in the future especially in the new government.

Industries in the Punjab region are agriculture, medical equipment, sporting goods, and textiles. So hopefully good cargo opportunities.

If PIA flights are full to the UK, well then BA can certainly benefit from the same traffic whether it VFR or business travel. Also many Pakistani students study in UK, this isn't just flight targeting UK traffic, but also rest of Europe, and North America. Though the outbound flight back to LHR is horrible for North America connection, as it arrives in the evening. Maybe flight times will adjust as the years move on.

I am sure BA will do good, they use to send a 747 to ISB 10 years ago, they still compete with EK 12 daily and EY 4 daily flights to the UAE, while BA sends 4 daily flights 3 DXB, 1 AUH. I am sure the Pakistani will enjoy a reliable airline, a nice 787, and direct non stop flight. Though I am hoping to see LH make a return as well.

Reported today in Pakistani new that British officials were reviewing security at KHI and LHE airport.

Does anyone have the flight load for the inaugural flight?

Very well said. :checkmark: :checkmark: :checkmark:

I believe the load was around 90%. The inaugural was also timed perfectly to coincide with the peak Eid travel rush and BA must've been aware of that as they handed out celebratory snacks and mentioned Eid in the inaugural festivities.

The second flight is currently underway, excited to see this become a regular flight!

OMAAbound

Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:42 am

A friend of mine was Cabin Crew on the return sector from ISB, said loads were about 50/60% in each cabin, many of the PAX which he spoke to didn’t even realise that BA had resumed flights back to Pakistan.

OMAA
Right hand seat of a 787. Also can be found eating sandwiches, drinking coffee and attempting to understand Chinese ATC!

MalevTU134

Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:00 am

OMAAbound wrote:
A friend of mine was Cabin Crew on the return sector from ISB, said loads were about 50/60% in each cabin, many of the PAX which he spoke to didn’t even realise that BA had resumed flights back to Pakistan.

OMAA

I am somewhat bewildered by the second part of your statement. Didn't they realise that they were on BA, or that they were flying from Pakistan?

Piedmont767LGW

Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:47 am

MalevTU134 wrote:
OMAAbound wrote:

OMAA

I am somewhat bewildered by the second part of your statement. Didn't they realise that they were on BA, or that they were flying from Pakistan?

I believe OMA was relaying that the PAX his friend spoke to were not aware that BA had EVER STOPPED FLYING THE ROUTE, thus they would not have realized that BA had RESUMED the ISB flight. OMA plz correct me if I misinterpreted your comment.

PI

LH658

Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:19 am

OMAAbound wrote:

OMAA

Lol I can see that. Family of mine aren't into aviation much just few cousins of mine, they will make wild assumptions like EK operates KHI to LHE Lol.. So I can see such comments coming from them especially the aunties " age of 30 plus."

speedbird52

Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:31 am

LH658 wrote:
OMAAbound wrote:

OMAA

Lol I can see that. Family of mine aren't into aviation much just few cousins of mine, they will make wild assumptions like EK operates KHI to LHE Lol.. So I can see such comments coming from them especially the aunties " age of 30 plus."

My Tai got mad at my Tai a jan because he couldn't get her a direct flight from Pakistan to Seattle...

OMAAbound

Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:26 am

Piedmont767LGW wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:
OMAAbound wrote:

OMAA

I believe OMA was relaying that the PAX his friend spoke to were not aware that BA had EVER STOPPED FLYING THE ROUTE, thus they would not have realized that BA had RESUMED the ISB flight. OMA plz correct me if I misinterpreted your comment.

PI

Wether it was a case of they didn’t realise they’d stopped flying to ISB or resumed it I’m unsure of, I’ll ask.

But the advertising in ISB for the flight has been pretty poor!

OMAA
Right hand seat of a 787. Also can be found eating sandwiches, drinking coffee and attempting to understand Chinese ATC!

ELBOB

Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:50 am

If customers had any principles they'd ignore BA on this route. Given that BA ignored them for 10 years.

Sadly, they'll book whomever is cheaper at the moment. Which just means airlines will continue to treat customers and routes like disposable items. Why would any airline show any loyalty to a route when it could just suspend it and resume a decade later with no consequences?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos