Ishrion
Topic Author
Posts: 895
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

AA Upgauges DFW-Key West to A319

Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:36 pm

It looks like on December 18th, AA will upgrade its 1 daily DFW-EYW flight from an E-175 to an A319.

The route gains 56 economy seats and loses 4 first class seats.

It seems that it’ll revert back to the E-175 on April 2nd.

AA has been expanding nicely at EYW, with adding routes to DFW/ORD/LGA/PHL in the past year.

I believe this may be the largest commercial aircraft operating out of EYW now? Slightly bigger than DL’s 737-700 from ATL.
Last edited by Ishrion on Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
mikejepp
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:47 pm

Re: AA Upgrades DFW-Key West to A319

Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:46 pm

Interesting, now that AA mainline is flying there, could we see a similar upgauge from CLT?
 
boeingguy1
Posts: 414
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:31 am

Re: AA Upgrades DFW-Key West to A319

Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:48 pm

wow - blows my mind that there are 4 more FC seats on a regional jet compared to mainline AA's 319.
"...Gatwick South!? Id rather crash in Brighton!"
 
Longhornmaniac
Posts: 3099
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:33 pm

Re: AA Upgrades DFW-Key West to A319

Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:55 pm

boeingguy1 wrote:
wow - blows my mind that there are 4 more FC seats on a regional jet compared to mainline AA's 319.


Gotta love scope clauses.
Cheers,
Cameron
 
User avatar
mercure1
Posts: 4359
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:13 am

Re: AA Upgrades DFW-Key West to A319

Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:00 pm

"Upgauge" is the term to describe capacity increase.
mercure f-wtcc
 
UnitedTristar
Posts: 861
Joined: Fri May 21, 2004 6:45 am

Re: AA Upgauges DFW-Key West to A319

Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:28 pm

Ishrion wrote:
It looks like on December 18th, AA will upgrade its 1 daily DFW-EYW flight from an E-175 to an A319.

The route gains 56 economy seats and loses 4 first class seats.


Yea but how many will be weight seats, DL just barley makes the 737 work to ATL with any kind of weather requiring an alternate, I can’t imagine how much DFW will take with the longer stage length...
 
9w748capt
Posts: 1623
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:27 am

Re: AA Upgrades DFW-Key West to A319

Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:33 pm

boeingguy1 wrote:
wow - blows my mind that there are 4 more FC seats on a regional jet compared to mainline AA's 319.


As a frequent E75 passenger, I love it. Upgrades are frequent and plentiful (depending on your route, of course).
 
ilovelamp
Posts: 297
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:45 am

AA Upgauges DFW-Key West to A319

Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:37 pm

UnitedTristar wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
It looks like on December 18th, AA will upgrade its 1 daily DFW-EYW flight from an E-175 to an A319.

The route gains 56 economy seats and loses 4 first class seats.


Yea but how many will be weight seats, DL just barley makes the 737 work to ATL with any kind of weather requiring an alternate, I can’t imagine how much DFW will take with the longer stage length...


“Just barely?” That’s just wrong. Most of the operational issues are getting into EYW and its associated self-imposed, company restrictions especially when the runway is wet. In 4+ years of flying that jet into/out of EYW, I’ve never been weight restricted either way. In fact, yesterday I took off with an engine de-rate and assumed temp, alternate fuel to ATL, and climbed straight to FL400 all with just a handful of seats open.
 
ericm2031
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:46 am

Re: AA Upgrades DFW-Key West to A319

Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:55 pm

boeingguy1 wrote:
wow - blows my mind that there are 4 more FC seats on a regional jet compared to mainline AA's 319.


Which is why UA is moving their A319's to 12F and A320's to 16F. Provides little to no room for close-in bookings, paid/complimentary upgrades, IRROPs protection. This will match DL's configuration as well.
 
jfern022
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: AA Upgauges DFW-Key West to A319

Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:32 pm

SPREE34 wrote:
ilovelamp wrote:
UnitedTristar wrote:

“Just barely?” That’s just wrong. Most of the operational issues are getting into EYW and its associated self-imposed, company restrictions especially when the runway is wet. In 4+ years of flying that jet into/out of EYW, I’ve never been weight restricted either way. In fact, yesterday I took off with an engine de-rate and assumed temp, alternate fuel to ATL, and climbed straight to FL400 all with just a handful of seats open.


Excellent factual slap down.

I get that this is an enthusiasts site, but the BS and self anointed experts bloviating just gets too deep sometimes.


The only one of DL's flights that takes a hit is the CR7, especially if wx is present in ATL and requires alternates. Not sure if it was just EV's or if 9E faces the same fate. The 73W would be the plane when I worked in EYW, that we would pile the bags in that we left off the CR7, in order to accom all the CR7 pax. The 319 usually never took a hit, but did require a lot of ground handling. Needed to cool down brakes upon arrival with big fans, before departure.

Now one day a EV CR9 came in as a sub and had to leave 40 people behind the next day as it was against its RATOW.
 
FlyingElvii
Posts: 332
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:53 pm

Re: AA Upgauges DFW-Key West to A319

Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:27 am

UnitedTristar wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
It looks like on December 18th, AA will upgrade its 1 daily DFW-EYW flight from an E-175 to an A319.

The route gains 56 economy seats and loses 4 first class seats.


Yea but how many will be weight seats, DL just barley makes the 737 work to ATL with any kind of weather requiring an alternate, I can’t imagine how much DFW will take with the longer stage length...


Not to mention the diversions to Miami whenever the runway is wet.....
 
Gulfstream500
Posts: 296
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:30 am

Re: AA Upgauges DFW-Key West to A319

Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:29 am

I predicted this in the OAG thread two+ weeks ago! Although, I'm a bit surprised that AA did not upguage CLT instead.

So, when is UA doing mainline???
Can someone please start a wikipedia list of failed startup airlines? I am interested in seeing just how long it would be...
 
TTailedTiger
Posts: 1255
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:19 am

Re: AA Upgauges DFW-Key West to A319

Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:36 am

An upguage in seats but definitely a downgrade in terms of comfort. The E-170/15 is the best jet in the sky as far as comfort goes.
 
grbauc
Posts: 1364
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:05 pm

Re: AA Upgrades DFW-Key West to A319

Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:08 am

boeingguy1 wrote:
wow - blows my mind that there are 4 more FC seats on a regional jet compared to mainline AA's 319.


Agree AA A319 are a must avoid aircraft for me.
 
B1168
Posts: 507
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:26 pm

Re: AA Upgauges DFW-Key West to A319

Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:29 am

Well, if mainline can fly in, how about the West Coast?
 
DylanHarvey
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:45 pm

Re: AA Upgauges DFW-Key West to A319

Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:45 am

B1168 wrote:
Well, if mainline can fly in, how about the West Coast?

With no passengers? Yes it might work.
 
dbo861
Posts: 1013
Joined: Tue May 18, 2004 2:20 am

Re: AA Upgauges DFW-Key West to A319

Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:52 am

DylanHarvey wrote:
B1168 wrote:
Well, if mainline can fly in, how about the West Coast?

With no passengers? Yes it might work.


Even if runway length wasn't an issue, is there even a market for West Coast to EYW? I love Key West, and I'm actually flying there next week from Sacramento..connecting in DFW. But, that being said, there are plenty of convenient enough connections from the west. I don't see the need for a west coast flight.
 
DylanHarvey
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:45 pm

Re: AA Upgauges DFW-Key West to A319

Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:48 am

[photoid][/photoid]
dbo861 wrote:
DylanHarvey wrote:
B1168 wrote:
Well, if mainline can fly in, how about the West Coast?

With no passengers? Yes it might work.


Even if runway length wasn't an issue, is there even a market for West Coast to EYW? I love Key West, and I'm actually flying there next week from Sacramento..connecting in DFW. But, that being said, there are plenty of convenient enough connections from the west. I don't see the need for a west coast flight.

Pretty much spot on.
 
WN732
Posts: 528
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:49 am

Re: AA Upgauges DFW-Key West to A319

Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:08 pm

Which A319 is this? LAA or LUS? I would assume the LAA as they have Sharklets, but they have the CFM engine which as I understand it, performs slightly less than the IAE.
 
Ishrion
Topic Author
Posts: 895
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: AA Upgauges DFW-Key West to A319

Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:54 pm

WN732 wrote:
Which A319 is this? LAA or LUS? I would assume the LAA as they have Sharklets, but they have the CFM engine which as I understand it, performs slightly less than the IAE.


Is there a way to tell? On the bookings it shows WiFi and has power but I think all A319s in AA’s fleet have them now.
 
Zidane
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:44 am

Re: AA Upgauges DFW-Key West to A319

Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:14 pm

Should be LAA, these are the -115 models fitted with sharklets and the largest thrust producing CFM engines. They're also the only A319 fleet based in DFW.
 
n797mx
Posts: 417
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:40 pm

Re: AA Upgauges DFW-Key West to A319

Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:38 pm

I don't see how they are going to pull it off for the return flights. The -175 are weight restricted by 15 seats as it is. Even with CFM engines, sharklets, and ideal conditions, does the A319 have the performance?
Clear skies and strong tail winds.
 
trueblew
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:16 pm

Re: AA Upgauges DFW-Key West to A319

Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:05 pm

FlyingElvii wrote:
UnitedTristar wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
It looks like on December 18th, AA will upgrade its 1 daily DFW-EYW flight from an E-175 to an A319.

The route gains 56 economy seats and loses 4 first class seats.


Yea but how many will be weight seats, DL just barley makes the 737 work to ATL with any kind of weather requiring an alternate, I can’t imagine how much DFW will take with the longer stage length...


Not to mention the diversions to Miami whenever the runway is wet.....


How would the A220 would do into EYW from ATL or LGA?
 
Ishrion
Topic Author
Posts: 895
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: AA Upgauges DFW-Key West to A319

Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:39 am

n797mx wrote:
I don't see how they are going to pull it off for the return flights. The -175 are weight restricted by 15 seats as it is. Even with CFM engines, sharklets, and ideal conditions, does the A319 have the performance?


Doing a dummy booking for March, which I don't think anyone has bought tickets for that yet, the seat map looks like they're blocking the last row, a few aisle seats, and a couple of seats in the middle.

So... around 22 seats seem to be blocked.
 
evank516
Posts: 1944
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:15 am

Re: AA Upgauges DFW-Key West to A319

Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:32 am

Ishrion wrote:
n797mx wrote:
I don't see how they are going to pull it off for the return flights. The -175 are weight restricted by 15 seats as it is. Even with CFM engines, sharklets, and ideal conditions, does the A319 have the performance?


Doing a dummy booking for March, which I don't think anyone has bought tickets for that yet, the seat map looks like they're blocking the last row, a few aisle seats, and a couple of seats in the middle.

So... around 22 seats seem to be blocked.


Does that even make the upgauge worth it? I would have thought they'd do it from MIA first given the frequency of flights and maybe the lower cost of overnighting the plane in EYW if they did it for the RON.
 
alasizon
Posts: 1800
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:57 pm

Re: AA Upgauges DFW-Key West to A319

Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:50 am

Zidane wrote:
Should be LAA, these are the -115 models fitted with sharklets and the largest thrust producing CFM engines. They're also the only A319 fleet based in DFW.


Both LUS & LAA 319s rotate throughout the system. There is no LAA or LUS base any longer. There are actually more LUS 319 movements in DFW each day than there are LAA.

WN732 wrote:
Which A319 is this? LAA or LUS? I would assume the LAA as they have Sharklets, but they have the CFM engine which as I understand it, performs slightly less than the IAE.

Internal system shows it is currently planned as a LAA 319.

n797mx wrote:
I don't see how they are going to pull it off for the return flights. The -175 are weight restricted by 15 seats as it is. Even with CFM engines, sharklets, and ideal conditions, does the A319 have the performance?

There are reportedly some planned improvements at EYW that made this possible. What those improvements are; no idea.

evank516 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
n797mx wrote:
I don't see how they are going to pull it off for the return flights. The -175 are weight restricted by 15 seats as it is. Even with CFM engines, sharklets, and ideal conditions, does the A319 have the performance?


Doing a dummy booking for March, which I don't think anyone has bought tickets for that yet, the seat map looks like they're blocking the last row, a few aisle seats, and a couple of seats in the middle.

So... around 22 seats seem to be blocked.


Does that even make the upgauge worth it? I would have thought they'd do it from MIA first given the frequency of flights and maybe the lower cost of overnighting the plane in EYW if they did it for the RON.

Those are the same seats they block on every flight for family seating, handicapped seating and last minute premium flyers in-need of an aisle/window seat assignment. Everything shows 128 seats for sale.
Manager on Duty & Tower Planner
 
evank516
Posts: 1944
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:15 am

Re: AA Upgauges DFW-Key West to A319

Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:57 am

alasizon wrote:
Zidane wrote:
Should be LAA, these are the -115 models fitted with sharklets and the largest thrust producing CFM engines. They're also the only A319 fleet based in DFW.


Both LUS & LAA 319s rotate throughout the system. There is no LAA or LUS base any longer. There are actually more LUS 319 movements in DFW each day than there are LAA.

WN732 wrote:
Which A319 is this? LAA or LUS? I would assume the LAA as they have Sharklets, but they have the CFM engine which as I understand it, performs slightly less than the IAE.

Internal system shows it is currently planned as a LAA 319.

n797mx wrote:
I don't see how they are going to pull it off for the return flights. The -175 are weight restricted by 15 seats as it is. Even with CFM engines, sharklets, and ideal conditions, does the A319 have the performance?

There are reportedly some planned improvements at EYW that made this possible. What those improvements are; no idea.

evank516 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

Doing a dummy booking for March, which I don't think anyone has bought tickets for that yet, the seat map looks like they're blocking the last row, a few aisle seats, and a couple of seats in the middle.

So... around 22 seats seem to be blocked.


Does that even make the upgauge worth it? I would have thought they'd do it from MIA first given the frequency of flights and maybe the lower cost of overnighting the plane in EYW if they did it for the RON.

Those are the same seats they block on every flight for family seating, handicapped seating and last minute premium flyers in-need of an aisle/window seat assignment. Everything shows 128 seats for sale.



Gotcha.

For the record, EYW's runway is now 5,076 feet long by 100 feet wide. There was a small extension to the runway on one side and it is only available for take offs to the east. Source: https://www.airnav.com/airport/KEYW

trueblew wrote:
FlyingElvii wrote:
UnitedTristar wrote:

Yea but how many will be weight seats, DL just barley makes the 737 work to ATL with any kind of weather requiring an alternate, I can’t imagine how much DFW will take with the longer stage length...


Not to mention the diversions to Miami whenever the runway is wet.....


How would the A220 would do into EYW from ATL or LGA?


I would think the plane could do LGA-EYW without a problem.
 
DylanHarvey
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:45 pm

Re: AA Upgauges DFW-Key West to A319

Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:15 am

IIRC the LAA A319's have 27k CFM engines and obviously the sharklets which improve the field performance. AA also use these 319's to other airports needing the performance.
 
golfingboy
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:03 pm

Re: AA Upgauges DFW-Key West to A319

Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:31 am

Just a broad observation - I have watched planes at SNA in the past and noticed the A319s generally were able to get airborne much quicker than the other aircrafts. Also with their shorter airframe body with relatively tall gears the initial take off angle can be much more steep with ease compared to 737s and 320s.
 
ilovelamp
Posts: 297
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:45 am

AA Upgauges DFW-Key West to A319

Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:05 am

evank516 wrote:
alasizon wrote:
Zidane wrote:
Should be LAA, these are the -115 models fitted with sharklets and the largest thrust producing CFM engines. They're also the only A319 fleet based in DFW.


Both LUS & LAA 319s rotate throughout the system. There is no LAA or LUS base any longer. There are actually more LUS 319 movements in DFW each day than there are LAA.

WN732 wrote:
Which A319 is this? LAA or LUS? I would assume the LAA as they have Sharklets, but they have the CFM engine which as I understand it, performs slightly less than the IAE.

Internal system shows it is currently planned as a LAA 319.

n797mx wrote:
I don't see how they are going to pull it off for the return flights. The -175 are weight restricted by 15 seats as it is. Even with CFM engines, sharklets, and ideal conditions, does the A319 have the performance?

There are reportedly some planned improvements at EYW that made this possible. What those improvements are; no idea.

evank516 wrote:

Does that even make the upgauge worth it? I would have thought they'd do it from MIA first given the frequency of flights and maybe the lower cost of overnighting the plane in EYW if they did it for the RON.

Those are the same seats they block on every flight for family seating, handicapped seating and last minute premium flyers in-need of an aisle/window seat assignment. Everything shows 128 seats for sale.



Gotcha.

For the record, EYW's runway is now 5,076 feet long by 100 feet wide. There was a small extension to the runway on one side and it is only available for take offs to the east. Source: https://www.airnav.com/airport/KEYW

trueblew wrote:
FlyingElvii wrote:

Not to mention the diversions to Miami whenever the runway is wet.....


How would the A220 would do into EYW from ATL or LGA?


I would think the plane could do LGA-EYW without a problem.


Runway 9 has a displaced threshold which makes that extra 100’ unusable for takeoff or landing. I can’t remember off the top of my head if operators can use it for runway 27.

Edit: just looked, that extra 100’ isn’t available for takeoff and landing calculations for either runway.

ILL
Last edited by ilovelamp on Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
ilovelamp
Posts: 297
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:45 am

Re: AA Upgauges DFW-Key West to A319

Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:32 am

trueblew wrote:
FlyingElvii wrote:
UnitedTristar wrote:

Yea but how many will be weight seats, DL just barley makes the 737 work to ATL with any kind of weather requiring an alternate, I can’t imagine how much DFW will take with the longer stage length...


Not to mention the diversions to Miami whenever the runway is wet.....


How would the A220 would do into EYW from ATL or LGA?


Out of ATL I don’t see why it would be necessary since the 737-700 is currently doing so well. I think the A220 would thrive to NYC.


ILL
 
UnitedTristar
Posts: 861
Joined: Fri May 21, 2004 6:45 am

Re: AA Upgauges DFW-Key West to A319

Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:12 pm

ilovelamp wrote:

“Just barely?” That’s just wrong. Most of the operational issues are getting into EYW and its associated self-imposed, company restrictions especially when the runway is wet. In 4+ years of flying that jet into/out of EYW, I’ve never been weight restricted either way. In fact, yesterday I took off with an engine de-rate and assumed temp, alternate fuel to ATL, and climbed straight to FL400 all with just a handful of seats open.


Interesting, in my previous career while working in planning we couldn’t get mainline to work to DC/NYC with any weather at all either there or enroute even with short field performance package planes.

At the current company we make it work on the regional with occasional restrictions for weather.

I assumed ATL worked at the edge of the envelope with weather on either end (you did indeed confirm you have issues on landing with wet runways and full performance without a full plane)

I enjoy flying into EYW but 4,800 usable is a tight fit
 
evank516
Posts: 1944
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:15 am

Re: AA Upgauges DFW-Key West to A319

Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:25 pm

ilovelamp wrote:
evank516 wrote:
alasizon wrote:

Both LUS & LAA 319s rotate throughout the system. There is no LAA or LUS base any longer. There are actually more LUS 319 movements in DFW each day than there are LAA.


Internal system shows it is currently planned as a LAA 319.


There are reportedly some planned improvements at EYW that made this possible. What those improvements are; no idea.


Those are the same seats they block on every flight for family seating, handicapped seating and last minute premium flyers in-need of an aisle/window seat assignment. Everything shows 128 seats for sale.



Gotcha.

For the record, EYW's runway is now 5,076 feet long by 100 feet wide. There was a small extension to the runway on one side and it is only available for take offs to the east. Source: https://www.airnav.com/airport/KEYW

trueblew wrote:

How would the A220 would do into EYW from ATL or LGA?


I would think the plane could do LGA-EYW without a problem.


Runway 9 has a displaced threshold which makes that extra 100’ unusable for takeoff or landing. I can’t remember off the top of my head if operators can use it for runway 27.

Edit: just looked, that extra 100’ isn’t available for takeoff and landing calculations for either runway.

ILL


??? TORA, TODA, and ASDA for runway 9 is 5,076 feet. The displaced threshold is 275 feet long and IS available for take off on runway 9 ONLY. I don't know where you're getting this extra hundred feet thing from.

ilovelamp wrote:
trueblew wrote:
FlyingElvii wrote:

Not to mention the diversions to Miami whenever the runway is wet.....


How would the A220 would do into EYW from ATL or LGA?


Out of ATL I don’t see why it would be necessary since the 737-700 is currently doing so well. I think the A220 would thrive to NYC.


ILL


I'll back this statement about the 220. I think it is the perfect aircraft for this route.
 
ilovelamp
Posts: 297
Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:45 am

Re: AA Upgauges DFW-Key West to A319

Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:14 pm

evank516 wrote:


Runway 9 has a displaced threshold which makes that extra 100’ unusable for takeoff or landing. I can’t remember off the top of my head if operators can use it for runway 27.

Edit: just looked, that extra 100’ isn’t available for takeoff and landing calculations for either runway.

ILL[/quote]

??? TORA, TODA, and ASDA for runway 9 is 5,076 feet. The displaced threshold is 275 feet long and IS available for take off on runway 9 ONLY. I don't know where you're getting this extra hundred feet thing from.

ilovelamp wrote:


My mistake on the 100’ thing. I mistakenly used that number instead of the actual runway extension as you pointed out.

I also forgot to mention that Delta computes runway 9 takeoff data from taxiway Bravo which is the same place we’ve been using for years. That means we don’t taxi back and use the full length that is now available. Essentially, nothing has changed on runway 9 for takeoff.


ILL
 
Weatherwatcher1
Posts: 174
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:14 pm

Re: AA Upgauges DFW-Key West to A319

Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:16 pm

I’m impressed the A319 can fly 1000 miles from the runway at Key West. Very curious how many seats will be blocked and if AA will restrict baggage.

Replacing the Embraer 170s will help save some flight time since they have to fly up along the coast since they aren’t equipped with life rafts and life vests. The A319 should save about 150 miles.
 
Noise
Posts: 2445
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 1999 7:38 am

Re: AA Upgauges DFW-Key West to A319

Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:31 pm

EYW needs to extend that runway to accommodate flights to YYZ.
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 3367
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: AA Upgauges DFW-Key West to A319

Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:05 pm

Expand where?
 
Noise
Posts: 2445
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 1999 7:38 am

Re: AA Upgauges DFW-Key West to A319

Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:13 pm

To the east, expand over Roosevelt Blvd. To the west, expand towards the High School.
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 3367
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: AA Upgauges DFW-Key West to A319

Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:19 pm

Deleted
 
toltommy
Posts: 2707
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:04 am

Re: AA Upgauges DFW-Key West to A319

Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:24 pm

Noise wrote:
EYW needs to extend that runway to accommodate flights to YYZ.


Why? There's already service to EWR and ORD. I would think YYZ is possible using the existing runway. The locals won't support expansion of the runway.
A300/A310/A319/A320/A321/A332/A333/707/712/727/732/733/734/735/738/739/752/753/762/763/764/772/789/DC8/DC9-10/30/40/50/MD81/83/87/88/90/L1011-/250/500/CRJ200/440/700/900/EMB135/140/145/170/175/190/328Jet/F70/SF3/BE1/J31
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 3367
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: AA Upgauges DFW-Key West to A319

Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:28 pm

The displaced threshold on 09 indicates there is no room in that direction as the displacement means there’s obstacles already penetrating the 34:1 plane. You could extend the TORA on the west end, but not by much as the locals might not like jet blast at the HS. At the other end, the Best Western would have to go and there’s just not that much when include the RESA area. Also, where does Roosevelt (A1A) go—a tunnel?

Better answer would be to relocate to the NAS, I’m not sure why that hasn’t been converted to joint use long ago. It’s occasionally busy with deployments but that is a better answer. I’ve flown out of both many times.

I would think AC or DL A220-100s could easily make YYZ or YUL most days.
 
User avatar
usxguy
Posts: 1699
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:28 pm

Re: AA Upgauges DFW-Key West to A319

Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:07 pm

toltommy wrote:
Noise wrote:
EYW needs to extend that runway to accommodate flights to YYZ.


Why? There's already service to EWR and ORD. I would think YYZ is possible using the existing runway. The locals won't support expansion of the runway.


The locals b*tched to the heavens about "all that noise" when Delta brought in the ERJs & CRJs in the early 2000s. The airport had to essentially pay to refurbish 400 some homes/condos south of Flagler Ave for sound proofing. I think even the Doubletree & Sheraton got some money.

Then if course Wilma hit, err flooded.
xx
 
OB1504
Posts: 3640
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:10 am

Re: AA Upgauges DFW-Key West to A319

Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:56 pm

FlyingElvii wrote:
UnitedTristar wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
It looks like on December 18th, AA will upgrade its 1 daily DFW-EYW flight from an E-175 to an A319.

The route gains 56 economy seats and loses 4 first class seats.


Yea but how many will be weight seats, DL just barley makes the 737 work to ATL with any kind of weather requiring an alternate, I can’t imagine how much DFW will take with the longer stage length...


Not to mention the diversions to Miami whenever the runway is wet.....


I can’t remember the last time we had an EYW-bound DL flight divert to MIA.
 
evank516
Posts: 1944
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:15 am

Re: AA Upgauges DFW-Key West to A319

Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:43 pm

OB1504 wrote:
FlyingElvii wrote:
UnitedTristar wrote:

Yea but how many will be weight seats, DL just barley makes the 737 work to ATL with any kind of weather requiring an alternate, I can’t imagine how much DFW will take with the longer stage length...


Not to mention the diversions to Miami whenever the runway is wet.....


I can’t remember the last time we had an EYW-bound DL flight divert to MIA.


I've literally tracked a 73G inbound from ATL land in EYW in the middle of a thunderstorm via FlightAware. MIA diverts are very rare. How about we all accept that the 73G isn't as limited at EYW as everyone wants to think they are?
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 3367
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: AA Upgauges DFW-Key West to A319

Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:17 pm

I’m pretty certain it didn’t land in TRW, especially if you’re using Flight Aware as your weather source. It’s just not that accurate as the crews’ weather radar.

GF
 
Varsity1
Posts: 1907
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 4:55 am

Re: AA Upgauges DFW-Key West to A319

Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:48 pm

DylanHarvey wrote:
IIRC the LAA A319's have 27k CFM engines and obviously the sharklets which improve the field performance. AA also use these 319's to other airports needing the performance.


AA bought these for their performance to supplement the 757. They were purposely the highest performance narrow body airbus had available.
"PPRuNe will no longer allow discussions regarding Etihad Airlines, its employees, executives, agents, or other representatives. Such threads will be deleted." - ME3 thug airlines suing anyone who brings negative information public..

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos