• 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 11
 
seansasLCY
Posts: 983
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:25 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:58 pm

@bjornpilot posted a picture on instagram and I asked if there was any truth to the new livery rumours and he replied with yes. So guess there is some change on the way. The tail remains the same though.
 
SXDFC
Posts: 1965
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:07 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:03 pm

When is their A350 supposed to go in for paint?
 
Antarius
Posts: 1700
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:27 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:06 pm

Salina Chan wrote:


It hasnt been painted yet.
2019: SIN HKG NRT DFW IAH HOU CLT LGA JFK SFO SJC EWR SNA EYW MIA BOG LAX ORD DTW OAK PVG BOS DCA IAD ATL LAS BIS CUN PHX OAK SYD CVG PHL MAD ORY CDG SLC SJU BQN MHT YYZ STS BIS DOH BLR KTM MFM MEX MSY BWI DEN
 
User avatar
SASViking
Posts: 245
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:37 pm

Luftymatt wrote:
SASViking wrote:
Luftymatt wrote:
Yes I understand that, however my point was that there's no way of knowing if SAS has changed their livery by this photograph.

Yes there is. The engines are blue and the design of the three Scandinavian flags on the nose is different. The Chief Operating Officer & Deputy Chief Executive Office of SAS, Lars Sandahl Sørensen, have also teased about a new livery being announced when the first A350 arrives


The whole photograph looks blue! It's the light.

Christ.... :roll: A light blue background light on a picture will never ever make red engines look completely blue. It's also the exact same blue colour that SAS use in their relatively newly refreshed branding. That can't be a coincidence
Types flown: A319, A320, A32N, A321, A332, A333, A343, AT43, AT75, AT76, B717, B732, B735, B736, B737, B738, B752, B753, CRJ9, DC10, DH4D, DHC3, E135, E145, E175, E190, E195, F100, MD11, MD81, MD82, MD87, RJ1H
 
Asiaflyer
Posts: 861
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 11:50 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:55 pm

Salina Chan wrote:

How can you really tell when it’s just partially painted? :)
SQ,MI,MH,CX,KA,CA,CZ,MU,KE,OZ,QF,NZ,FD,JQ,3K,5J,IT,AI,IC,QR,SK,LF,KL,AF,LH,LX,OS,SR,BA,SN,FR,WF,1I,5T,VZ,VX,AC,NW,UA,US,
 
seansasLCY
Posts: 983
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:25 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:19 am

@Bjornpilot posted again on Instagram. This time a picture of him at SAS Head Office in Stockholm with a model of the A350 in the current colours and he wrote that he'll show more of the plane later. Could the announcement be today?
 
User avatar
zkojq
Posts: 3879
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:42 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:22 am

I hope they're not making the fuselage eurowhite. I really like their silvery cream colour.
First to fly the 787-9
 
na
Posts: 9698
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 1999 3:52 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:14 pm

seansasLCY wrote:
@Bjornpilot posted again on Instagram. This time a picture of him at SAS Head Office in Stockholm with a model of the A350 in the current colours and he wrote that he'll show more of the plane later. Could the announcement be today?


I doubt so. My last information source said "later this year".
 
M564038
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:16 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:15 pm

He is probably just there for type training, and that is probably a model from when the order was made.
He is looking forward to show more of the aircraft to his followers when he starts flying it.
I would not put anything in to it regarding any kind of livery unveil. Scandinavian airline companies doesn’t usually do a lot of hoooray around minor stuff like a livery change anyway. And certainly not a livery adjustment.

seansasLCY wrote:
@Bjornpilot posted again on Instagram. This time a picture of him at SAS Head Office in Stockholm with a model of the A350 in the current colours and he wrote that he'll show more of the plane later. Could the announcement be today?
 
User avatar
Lingon
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:18 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:55 pm

I bet that bluish PR picture is not the SAS machine at all. Flags and Star Alliance logos photoshopped in, even the airplane as a whole could have been photoshopped in.
Salina Chan published a picture up thread where there were no engines, but you could see a painted pylon - and it was white and red ... and that was a photo of the actual airplane.
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 9472
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:09 pm

Lingon wrote:
I bet that bluish PR picture is not the SAS machine at all. Flags and Star Alliance logos photoshopped in, even the airplane as a whole could have been photoshopped in.
Salina Chan published a picture up thread where there were no engines, but you could see a painted pylon - and it was white and red ... and that was a photo of the actual airplane.

I don’t believe that is red paint, rather a protective cover on the front of the pylon. In SAS’s current livery the pylons are not painted, but I’m not sure of the pylon material on the A350.
 
seansasLCY
Posts: 983
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:25 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:22 pm

M564038 wrote:
He is probably just there for type training, and that is probably a model from when the order was made.
He is looking forward to show more of the aircraft to his followers when he starts flying it.
I would not put anything in to it regarding any kind of livery unveil. Scandinavian airline companies doesn’t usually do a lot of hoooray around minor stuff like a livery change anyway. And certainly not a livery adjustment.

seansasLCY wrote:
@Bjornpilot posted again on Instagram. This time a picture of him at SAS Head Office in Stockholm with a model of the A350 in the current colours and he wrote that he'll show more of the plane later. Could the announcement be today?


I doubt he is there for training. SAS HO is in Solna in a shared office building. I'm aware the model is from when the plane was ordered but Bjorn confirmed there will be a new livery and he followed his message with a wink emoji so obviously something going on. Bjorn is a great ambassador for SAS and often posts news when it happens as well as developments at SAS.
 
User avatar
Lingon
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:18 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:02 pm

Polot wrote:
Lingon wrote:
I bet that bluish PR picture is not the SAS machine at all. Flags and Star Alliance logos photoshopped in, even the airplane as a whole could have been photoshopped in.
Salina Chan published a picture up thread where there were no engines, but you could see a painted pylon - and it was white and red ... and that was a photo of the actual airplane.

I don’t believe that is red paint, rather a protective cover on the front of the pylon. In SAS’s current livery the pylons are not painted, but I’m not sure of the pylon material on the A350.


Dang, you're right. Deceptive to use the same colour.. But I still keep my bet that the stylish A350 pic isn't the actual SAS machine.
 
Someone83
Posts: 4382
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:09 pm

Lingon wrote:
But I still keep my bet that the stylish A350 pic isn't the actual SAS machine.


Correct. That is a computer animated plane ;)
 
User avatar
flightfox
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:03 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:13 pm

SAS today presented a new Executive management, however the news on the livery is kept secret, while the Instagram profile @bjornpilot released this.

https://frequentflyer.no/2019/08/27/sas ... rnledelse/
 
Philgot
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:32 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:58 pm

Take a look on the FWD part of the fin... it's not painted like the other modells in SAS fleet. And the "winglets" don't have SAS on the outside just the inside. Something is def going on.
 
User avatar
intotheair
Posts: 1745
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:49 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:09 pm

I think it's been pretty obvious since they unveiled their new identity that a livery wasn't too far behind. Can't wait to see what they come up with.

https://www.underconsideration.com/bran ... y_bold.php
300 319 320 321 332 333 345 346 380 717 733 734 735 73G 738 739 744 752 753 762 763 772 77W 788 789 CR2 CR7 CR9 CRK Q400 E175 DC10 MD82 MD90
AA AF AS AY AZ B6 BA BR DL F9 FI GA HA KF LH MI QX SK SN SQ UA US VY WN
 
eamondzhang
Posts: 1335
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:23 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:09 pm

BWIAirport wrote:
dcaviation wrote:
The current SAS livery is probably the most boring one out there.

China Eastern would like a word with you

Or try Japan Airlines :duck:

Michael
 
User avatar
fraspotter
Posts: 2234
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 8:12 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:31 pm

I would welcome a new SAS livery (if it were done well). Their current livery of silver titles on a white back ground is yawn worthy. Also it's pretty hard to see them if the lighting isn't just right. Their livery from the 80s/90s with the flags of the 3 Scandinavian countries incorporated in it was my favorite.
Last edited by fraspotter on Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of your coffee."

— Gunter's Second Law of Air Travel
 
User avatar
fraspotter
Posts: 2234
Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 8:12 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:33 pm

eamondzhang wrote:
BWIAirport wrote:
dcaviation wrote:
The current SAS livery is probably the most boring one out there.

China Eastern would like a word with you

Or try Japan Airlines :duck:

Michael


Why not all 3? They're all pretty bad. You could also throw in the new LH livery as well. Sad how they butchered such a timeless look by getting rid of the yellow on the tail.
"The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of your coffee."

— Gunter's Second Law of Air Travel
 
eamondzhang
Posts: 1335
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:23 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:56 pm

fraspotter wrote:
eamondzhang wrote:
BWIAirport wrote:
China Eastern would like a word with you

Or try Japan Airlines :duck:

Michael


Why not all 3? They're all pretty bad. You could also throw in the new LH livery as well. Sad how they butchered such a timeless look by getting rid of the yellow on the tail.

'Cause I personally think SAS's one is quite good actually.

Michael
 
AC77X
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:12 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:58 am

eamondzhang wrote:
fraspotter wrote:
eamondzhang wrote:
Or try Japan Airlines :duck:

Michael


Why not all 3? They're all pretty bad. You could also throw in the new LH livery as well. Sad how they butchered such a timeless look by getting rid of the yellow on the tail.

'Cause I personally think SAS's one is quite good actually.

Michael

Agreed, SAS's livery looks quite professional imo. Now China Eastern... I don't know what tragically went wrong for that livery to be the one...
 
SXDFC
Posts: 1965
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:07 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 02, 2019 2:21 am

Any further updates? Is their A350 in the paint shop yet?

IMHO a modern tweak of their 80s livery would be kinda cool to see.. However judging by the winglets and tail (unless they strip the paint on it when it goes into the paint bay) it looks like it will be a refresh of their current livery.
 
Krisflyer85
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:30 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:08 pm

My bet is that it will be a very blue livery, either completely blue or with a gradient, similar to the anniversary livery. With its rebranding, SAS has gone all-in on blue colours and nuances, and on social media they have used the slogan « The future is blue » a few times lately, if I recall correctly.
 
okobjorn
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:57 pm

New livery to be presented on 19 September. More here (in Danish): https://check-in.dk/sas-praesenterer-ny ... ogMPVAVyOE
 
User avatar
SASViking
Posts: 245
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:35 pm

okobjorn wrote:
New livery to be presented on 19 September. More here (in Danish): https://check-in.dk/sas-praesenterer-ny ... ogMPVAVyOE

There's also a teaser from SAS:
https://www.facebook.com/140344030787/p ... 072855788/
Types flown: A319, A320, A32N, A321, A332, A333, A343, AT43, AT75, AT76, B717, B732, B735, B736, B737, B738, B752, B753, CRJ9, DC10, DH4D, DHC3, E135, E145, E175, E190, E195, F100, MD11, MD81, MD82, MD87, RJ1H
 
minilinde
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:16 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:41 pm

SAS has a internal "yammer" (like internal twitter), where they link this very thread.

New livery design coming-up
For the first time in 21 years we are updating the visual identity of our aircraft.
After revealing some pics of our new Airbus A350 rumor quickly had it that we would be releasing a new livery.
We are now happy to confirm that we, alongside an extensive fleet renewal, will launch a new visual identity and a new, modern design of our aircraft.
This is a historical moment. Our livery has only been changed a few times (four times to be exact) during our 73 years, and not since 1998, making it 21 years since last time.

Essential transformation: New livery, new SAS
During the last decades, Scandinavia and the world has changed, and so has SAS. In this spirit we will not just renew our fleet but also update our visual identity.

The new livery is in other words a visual proof of a new era; an era where we are speeding up our journey towards an even more sustainable and competitive future for SAS. The new livery also fulfills an ambition to align the exterior and interior of SAS, building on the SAS cabin design and onboard concept introduced in 2015.

The A320neo and A350, the market's most modern and fuel-efficient aircraft, will be the first to feature the new livery, reminding travelers that SAS will ensure that also future generations can experience the important value of travel by taking serious and responsible steps to reduce the climate impact of aviation.
The repaint of our existing aircraft will follow the normal maintenance program of the aircraft, meaning the existing fleet will be updated with the new livery in accordance to an already scheduled repaint process each 5-6 years as normal. All SAS aircraft will feature the new livery by 2024.

Stay tuned
The new livery design will be revealed the 19th of September. To embrace our heritage, just as the new livery does, the celebration and reveal will take place at the world's first design hotel in Copenhagen, SAS Royal Hotel, a special building created exclusively for SAS and dedicated to the jet age.

New extensive fleet
In total, as a part the modernization of the short and long-haul fleet, SAS will take delivery of 80 new Airbus A320neo, 5 new Airbus A330 Enhanced, 8 new Airbus A350, and 3 new Airbus A321LR aircraft before the end of 2023.

More links to articles with speculations about the new livery:

Check-In.dk

Airlines.net

Check-In.dk

Flysmart24.no

Forum/flyprat.no
 
User avatar
NearMiss
Posts: 176
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 5:10 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:45 pm

Looks like they won't be keeping the red engines :cry2:
"There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
 
A388
Posts: 7888
Joined: Mon May 21, 2001 3:48 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:50 pm

Looking at the bottom left photo and center left photo on that teaser, there should be a bigger title in silver lettering (as in billboard size) and on another photo the engines are partially blue and grey(?). It doesn't look like an extreme make-over but rather simple small changes like KL did. Am I seeing this correctly?

A388
Last edited by A388 on Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
minilinde
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:16 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:52 pm

Screenshots from the teaser.

Mostly eurowhite body, and engines, with a dark blue ring at the front of the engines:
Image

Very large white SAS logo on the forward fuselage:
Image

What looks to be the bottom part of the logo on the fuselage, which are light blue?
Image
 
A388
Posts: 7888
Joined: Mon May 21, 2001 3:48 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:57 pm

Many people I know don't like the SK livery. I can see the part where people think their livery is too simple with minimal creativity but it is precisely that, which I like about their livery. I took this photo at LHR in July this year (SK A20N) and it looks nice:




Cheers,

A388
 
User avatar
JetBuddy
Posts: 2220
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:04 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:06 pm

SASViking wrote:
okobjorn wrote:
New livery to be presented on 19 September. More here (in Danish): https://check-in.dk/sas-praesenterer-ny ... ogMPVAVyOE

There's also a teaser from SAS:
https://www.facebook.com/140344030787/p ... 072855788/


I tried to clean up that teaser video and rearrange the tiles to make sense.

Clearly it's an A350. And with a big SAS logo on the forward fuselage. There are "flags" on the back of the fuselage. The tail is blue with presumably a white SAS logo. The engines look white, but with blue details.

The lower tile is a bit difficult to place, so might be off somewhat.

Image
Last edited by JetBuddy on Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
minilinde
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:16 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:08 pm

JetBuddy wrote:
I tried to clean up that teaser video and rearrange the tiles to make sense.

Clearly it's an A350. And with a big SAS logo on the forward fuselage. There are "flags" on the back of the fuselage. The tail is blue with presumably a white SAS logo. The engines look white, but with blue details.

Image


Great clean up! Looks to be almost all eurowhite, with a very large "SAS" logo on the forward part of the fuselage.
 
User avatar
JetBuddy
Posts: 2220
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:04 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:12 pm

minilinde wrote:
Great clean up! Looks to be almost all eurowhite, with a very large "SAS" logo on the forward part of the fuselage.


Thank you! I had to rearrange the lower tile and updated the link to the image again. It's a bit difficult to place the lower tile correctly, but I think we're close.

So far I like what I'm seeing :)
 
User avatar
tommyarias
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:49 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:28 pm

Seems to be same grey they currently use, with a billboard SAS logo in silver?
"Insert Generic Signature or Quote" - Generic Name
 
Oykie
Posts: 1860
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:21 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:35 pm

JetBuddy wrote:
minilinde wrote:
Great clean up! Looks to be almost all eurowhite, with a very large "SAS" logo on the forward part of the fuselage.


Thank you! I had to rearrange the lower tile and updated the link to the image again. It's a bit difficult to place the lower tile correctly, but I think we're close.

So far I like what I'm seeing :)



Thank you for cleaning up the teaser. I also like what I see so far. I like the current livery, I loved the former Janne Carlson livery, and n update now is timely. SAS current livery have worked well in a digital world with a square logo and easy font to render.
Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large, then go make that dream real - Donald Douglas
 
MoonC
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:26 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:38 pm

tommyarias wrote:
Seems to be same grey they currently use, with a billboard SAS logo in silver?


Yep. The white from Norway's flag at the back does not match the immediate area of the fuselage where it's placed. Same or very close colour on the fuselage as it is now, and bilboard title in silver as you say.
 
A388
Posts: 7888
Joined: Mon May 21, 2001 3:48 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:59 pm

Yes, I was also thinking the same: the same grey fuselage with large SAS titles in silver and with the same blue tail. I think the tail will be practically unchanged, maybe with just a larger SAS logo. It looks like the orange color is gone, that would have been great. Hopefully I'm wrong on this.

A388
 
MoonC
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:26 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:02 pm

A388 wrote:
Yes, I was also thinking the same: the same grey fuselage with large SAS titles in silver and with the same blue tail. I think the tail will be practically unchanged, maybe with just a larger SAS logo. It looks like the orange color is gone, that would have been great. Hopefully I'm wrong on this.

A388


I mean...an image of the tail have been online for a while now. Unless they went back into the paintshop.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz2RG-CIfK0/

And the orange from the nacelle seems to be indeed gone. Only a blue band on the preview image. And it would make little sense to place an orange band at the back of the nacelle.
Last edited by MoonC on Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
Antarius
Posts: 1700
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:27 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:03 pm

A388 wrote:
Many people I know don't like the SK livery. I can see the part where people think their livery is too simple with minimal creativity but it is precisely that, which I like about their livery. I took this photo at LHR in July this year (SK A20N) and it looks nice:




Cheers,

A388


I've always had issue with the engines because they look like a last minute MX swap put incorrect cowls on. I like the color contrast, just wish they either were thinner stripes or entirely orange.

Otherwise, it is a very subtle, but elegant livery.
2019: SIN HKG NRT DFW IAH HOU CLT LGA JFK SFO SJC EWR SNA EYW MIA BOG LAX ORD DTW OAK PVG BOS DCA IAD ATL LAS BIS CUN PHX OAK SYD CVG PHL MAD ORY CDG SLC SJU BQN MHT YYZ STS BIS DOH BLR KTM MFM MEX MSY BWI DEN
 
User avatar
SASViking
Posts: 245
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:13 pm

Antarius wrote:
A388 wrote:
Many people I know don't like the SK livery. I can see the part where people think their livery is too simple with minimal creativity but it is precisely that, which I like about their livery. I took this photo at LHR in July this year (SK A20N) and it looks nice:




Cheers,

A388


I've always had issue with the engines because they look like a last minute MX swap put incorrect cowls on. I like the color contrast, just wish they either were thinner stripes or entirely orange.

Otherwise, it is a very subtle, but elegant livery.

LN-RKG had completely red engines for quite a few years as a trial as seen on this picture
https://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo ... -a340-300/
Types flown: A319, A320, A32N, A321, A332, A333, A343, AT43, AT75, AT76, B717, B732, B735, B736, B737, B738, B752, B753, CRJ9, DC10, DH4D, DHC3, E135, E145, E175, E190, E195, F100, MD11, MD81, MD82, MD87, RJ1H
 
User avatar
gatibosgru
Posts: 1569
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:48 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:14 pm

Would hope not to see the red go, but from the little we can see it does look pretty sleek
@DadCelo
 
trent768
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:32 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:18 pm

Antarius wrote:
A388 wrote:
Many people I know don't like the SK livery. I can see the part where people think their livery is too simple with minimal creativity but it is precisely that, which I like about their livery. I took this photo at LHR in July this year (SK A20N) and it looks nice:




Cheers,

A388


I've always had issue with the engines because they look like a last minute MX swap put incorrect cowls on. I like the color contrast, just wish they either were thinner stripes or entirely orange.

Otherwise, it is a very subtle, but elegant livery.

I'm on board with the half colored engine, it looks like they're taking ex EazyJet plane but rushed them into service, hence they only managed to paint half of the engine. I actually expect some grey element on the livery when they mentioned something about their cabin. Will be quite funny though, because blue and gray kind of represents the contrast between Scandinavian summer and autumn sky!
 
NickWebb
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:10 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:21 pm

Almost certainly larger Billboard titles (probably in silver or white but don't bet on any gradients like the 70th scheme. Also Blue engines!
[photoid][/photoid]/Users/nickwebb/Desktop/FullSizeRender.jpg
 
Antarius
Posts: 1700
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:27 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:30 pm

SASViking wrote:
Antarius wrote:
A388 wrote:
Many people I know don't like the SK livery. I can see the part where people think their livery is too simple with minimal creativity but it is precisely that, which I like about their livery. I took this photo at LHR in July this year (SK A20N) and it looks nice:




Cheers,

A388


I've always had issue with the engines because they look like a last minute MX swap put incorrect cowls on. I like the color contrast, just wish they either were thinner stripes or entirely orange.

Otherwise, it is a very subtle, but elegant livery.

LN-RKG had completely red engines for quite a few years as a trial as seen on this picture
https://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo ... -a340-300/


Ah yes - i remember seeing this bird taxi by a while ago.

Definitely looks a lot better, IMO.
2019: SIN HKG NRT DFW IAH HOU CLT LGA JFK SFO SJC EWR SNA EYW MIA BOG LAX ORD DTW OAK PVG BOS DCA IAD ATL LAS BIS CUN PHX OAK SYD CVG PHL MAD ORY CDG SLC SJU BQN MHT YYZ STS BIS DOH BLR KTM MFM MEX MSY BWI DEN
 
unitedewr737
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:58 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:48 pm

MoonC wrote:
A388 wrote:
Yes, I was also thinking the same: the same grey fuselage with large SAS titles in silver and with the same blue tail. I think the tail will be practically unchanged, maybe with just a larger SAS logo. It looks like the orange color is gone, that would have been great. Hopefully I'm wrong on this.

A388


I mean...an image of the tail have been online for a while now. Unless they went back into the paintshop.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz2RG-CIfK0/

And the orange from the nacelle seems to be indeed gone. Only a blue band on the preview image. And it would make little sense to place an orange band at the back of the nacelle.


It’s possible a gradient will be applied similar to the one on United’s new livery. If SAS wanted to keep it a surprise, which we now know is true, that’s would make sense. It did not look like the final coat of gloss was put on the tail yet as well. Who knows but I think a blue tail with SAS and a gradient, along with the bigger titles could look really cool. Would be a very Scandinavian design.
 
CBBW
Posts: 103
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:29 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:56 pm

I hope the don’t mess it up. I personally love the current livery and am especially fond of the silver and white titles against the creamy grey fuselage. I think it’s subtle and unique.
 
okobjorn
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:59 pm

Please bring the viking dragon livery back like we have on OY-KBO: https://www.airliners.net/photo/Scandin ... Ot6xdYUS7s
Don't go completely eurowhite on the fuselage - at least keep some contrast like the red nacelles
Please!!!
 
User avatar
william
Posts: 3151
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 1999 1:31 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:17 pm

What new livery? The fuselage is already white.
 
MoonC
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:26 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:22 pm

william wrote:
What new livery? The fuselage is already white.


No it isn't.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 11

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos