lalib
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:48 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:04 pm

Any of the liveries indicated on this page would look good on an SAS aircraft.

Scandinavian countries to me are trend setters.
 
jhz94
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:59 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:03 pm

william wrote:
scbriml wrote:
william wrote:
What new livery? The fuselage is already white.


If you think the fuselage of the current SAS scheme is white, you need to adjust your monitor's colours or get your eyes tested! :)


So what color is that officially? Has it always been beige like? Kind of smart, the plane will not look dirty, especially with all of the deicing in the Scandinavian area.


Here you have the current color-specifications, from an old brand manual.
Image
Did you know that you can run diesel cars on Jet A1?
 
User avatar
JetBuddy
Posts: 2247
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:04 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:44 pm

SAS uploaded another teaser on their Facebook pages. It shows a red square and the text "RED BAC".

This is the same red as on the engines in the current livery, and not the red from the flags.

Image

The text clearly states this red is being used in the new livery. But where? Under the belly?

And why "RED BAC" and not "RED BACK"?
 
Someone83
Posts: 4466
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:50 pm

Who knows, maybe it is like the «yellow» in Lufthansa’s new livery?
 
InThrustWeTrust
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:10 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:00 pm

Maybe the”Swoop” under the tail is red...
 
User avatar
NYPECO
Posts: 562
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:55 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:17 pm

So basically it's the same as every other european airline that comes out with new colors?
 
minilinde
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:16 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:46 am

Looks euro-white to me:

Image
Types flown: A318, A319, A320, A321, A32N, A333, A343, A380, AT42, AT72, B717, B733, B736, B737, B738, B739, B744, B748, B763, B772, B773, B788, B789, CRJ9, ERJ190, MD80, RJ100
 
User avatar
CarbonFibre
Posts: 593
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:02 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:49 am

minilinde wrote:
Looks euro-white to me:

Image


It's the undercoat.
 
Fliplot
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:23 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:51 am

Wht don't you let them finish painting the bloody thing and then we will all see what the finushed product looks like!!!!
 
User avatar
CarbonFibre
Posts: 593
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:02 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:53 am

Did anyone complain about this being "euro white"?

 
minilinde
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:16 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:54 am

CarbonFibre wrote:
Did anyone complain about this being "euro white"?



The original euro-white! Looks stunning!
Types flown: A318, A319, A320, A321, A32N, A333, A343, A380, AT42, AT72, B717, B733, B736, B737, B738, B739, B744, B748, B763, B772, B773, B788, B789, CRJ9, ERJ190, MD80, RJ100
 
User avatar
OA940
Posts: 1939
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 6:18 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:38 pm

minilinde wrote:
CarbonFibre wrote:
Did anyone complain about this being "euro white"?



The original euro-white! Looks stunning!


Isn't the original eurowhite AF?

Also people whine too much about new liveries because they're just pissed about the change even if it's a good livery, see ATN, AC etc. This thing hasn't even been released and people are judging it. Also eurowhite can be good, contrary to what people think. AF's livery does that very well. It's elegant and minimalistic. Suits the brand perfectly. There's a difference between eurowhite and boring. Learn to wait a bit people
A350/CSeries = bae
 
User avatar
ro1960
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:19 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:05 pm

OA940 wrote:

Isn't the original eurowhite AF?



UT preceded it in Europe. Apparently a US airline did that in the 70s before but I can’t remember which one.
You may like my airport photos:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/aeroports
 
User avatar
JetBuddy
Posts: 2247
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:04 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:14 pm

Fliplot wrote:
Wht don't you let them finish painting the bloody thing and then we will all see what the finushed product looks like!!!!


Yes, let's not speculate.

That will only remove 98% of all forum posts on this site.

Sounds fun.
 
User avatar
SASViking
Posts: 280
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:39 pm

The first A320Neo (SE-ROH) that will recieve the new livery has been rolled out in XFW.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/digro/48737518023/

There is some visible changes from the final A320Neo (SE-ROS) to be delivered in the soon-to-be old livery. There's no longer written "SAS" on the outside of the Sharklets and there's a a bit more white on the tail.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/digro/487 ... 3/sizes/o/
Types flown: A319, A320, A32N, A321, A332, A333, A343, AT43, AT75, AT76, B717, B732, B735, B736, B737, B738, B752, B753, CRJ9, DC10, DH4D, DHC3, E135, E145, E175, E190, E195, F100, MD11, MD81, MD82, MD87, RJ1H
 
User avatar
CarbonFibre
Posts: 593
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:02 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:43 pm

That extra bit of white at the front of the tail seems to confirm the blue is going to continue down a la Lufthansa.
 
BrianDromey
Posts: 2485
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:23 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:53 pm

SASViking wrote:
The first A320Neo (SE-ROH) that will recieve the new livery has been rolled out in XFW.


With the foil covering all of the engines it looks like there will be some changes there too.
 
DYSK
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 10:50 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:48 pm

Maybe the title of the thread should be changed? The new livery is scheduled to be revealed on Thursday. So it is confirmed that it's happening.
 
Someone83
Posts: 4466
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:55 pm

SASViking wrote:
The first A320Neo (SE-ROH) that will recieve the new livery has been rolled out in XFW.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/digro/48737518023/

There is some visible changes from the final A320Neo (SE-ROS) to be delivered in the soon-to-be old livery. There's no longer written "SAS" on the outside of the Sharklets and there's a a bit more white on the tail.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/digro/487 ... 3/sizes/o/


And it seems the font on «SAS» on the tail is slightly larger
 
CWL757
Topic Author
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:43 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:22 pm

DYSK wrote:
Maybe the title of the thread should be changed? The new livery is scheduled to be revealed on Thursday. So it is confirmed that it's happening.

I have tried. I believe a mod has to do it.
A319, A320, 738, 743, 744, 752, 772, 788, C150, E175, E190, F70, R22
 
workhorse
Posts: 655
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:35 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:02 pm

OA940 wrote:
This thing hasn't even been released and people are judging it.


Perhaps because we all know that it will be another beancounter-driven-two-colors-predominantly-white-quick-to-repaint-good-for-shareholders-value-streamlined-and-optimized crap? Because over the past years, we have been so used to be disappointed that we don't expect anything else?
 
OneX123
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:08 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:13 am

workhorse wrote:
OA940 wrote:
This thing hasn't even been released and people are judging it.


Perhaps because we all know that it will be another beancounter-driven-two-colors-predominantly-white-quick-to-repaint-good-for-shareholders-value-streamlined-and-optimized crap? Because over the past years, we have been so used to be disappointed that we don't expect anything else?


I don't mean to be rude but shouldn't a company prioritize things that are quick to refurbish and drive shareholder value? Just providing an alternative thought.

I do always find it funny how people complain about liveries that are 1. predominately white, 2. two colors, 3. quick to repaint. But then airlines like United and American come out with liveries that are numerous colors, little white, complex, and (i'm guessing) not the easiest to repaint and people still love Delta and hate on UA/AA...
 
workhorse
Posts: 655
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:35 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:56 am

OneX123 wrote:
I don't mean to be rude but shouldn't a company prioritize things that are quick to refurbish and drive shareholder value? Just providing an alternative thought.


Let me give you an example. You are inviting your colleagues for dinner. Maybe they wouldn't be your best friends if they weren't your colleagues, but it's important for your career to be friends with them. Then you say: "Okay, I need to turn this thing around the cheapest possible, I have other things to spend money on". And so you buy the cheapest food and serve it on plastic dishes with plastic forks and knives. What do you think your colleagues will think about you? Do you think it will really help your career?

Last time I went to Copenhagen I flew with SAS. Usually, within Europe, I fly Easyjet because they are reliable, well organized, fly everywhere and offer decent quality for decent price. But this time I chose SAS. They weren't particularly cheap, their schedule wasn't particularly good for me. So why I chose them? Brand. Of course, livery isn't the only part of it but it's an important part.

Flying SAS gives you a taste of Scandinavian classiness even before you land at your destination. It's subtle, it's very difficult to build and very easy to destroy. If I went to Germany, would I bother booking with Lufthansa? No. Because they are not more reliable, not cheaper and they have nothing that would distinguish them from competition. They are just another airline. When I look at a Lufthansa plane, I think "cost savings", I think "paint buckets inventory optimization" and then I think "airline who sues its own passengers because they didn't fly a leg they've booked" and then it's over.

SAS does have a brand (for now), they should be very careful with it.

OneX123 wrote:
I do always find it funny how people complain about liveries that are 1. predominately white, 2. two colors, 3. quick to repaint. But then airlines like United and American come out with liveries that are numerous colors, little white, complex, and (i'm guessing) not the easiest to repaint and people still love Delta and hate on UA/AA...


Can't talk for anyone, but I've never said a bad word about AA livery.

UA is basically a retrojet livery extended to the whole fleet.

Delta 1) is not two colors 2) the contrast between the dark blue, the red and the milky white works well (just like in current SAS livery that they should have never touched) 3) you can feel that it has been designed with brand image, not cost savings in mind.

But anyway, let's wait until Thursday. I am prepared to be disappointed.
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 9613
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:07 am

OneX123 wrote:
workhorse wrote:
OA940 wrote:
This thing hasn't even been released and people are judging it.


Perhaps because we all know that it will be another beancounter-driven-two-colors-predominantly-white-quick-to-repaint-good-for-shareholders-value-streamlined-and-optimized crap? Because over the past years, we have been so used to be disappointed that we don't expect anything else?


I don't mean to be rude but shouldn't a company prioritize things that are quick to refurbish and drive shareholder value? Just providing an alternative thought.

I do always find it funny how people complain about liveries that are 1. predominately white, 2. two colors, 3. quick to repaint. But then airlines like United and American come out with liveries that are numerous colors, little white, complex, and (i'm guessing) not the easiest to repaint and people still love Delta and hate on UA/AA...

It is especially hilarious because everyone always lauds and pines for the old SAS livery (with the strips) which was...predominately white as pointed out above.

The real reason is of course that most people here hate change. Everyone always complains about a new livery (including Delta’s, which had like 3 pages here worth of hate when it was leaked because omg the widget is red and at an angle in the tail, I use to have the link saved because it was hilarious going back and reading it versus how people view the livery now) then they get use to it and suddenly it’s a classic livery that should not be touched.
 
lazyme
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:57 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:15 am

Retro silver anyone ?

Image
 
User avatar
OA940
Posts: 1939
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 6:18 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:40 am

Polot wrote:
OneX123 wrote:
workhorse wrote:

Perhaps because we all know that it will be another beancounter-driven-two-colors-predominantly-white-quick-to-repaint-good-for-shareholders-value-streamlined-and-optimized crap? Because over the past years, we have been so used to be disappointed that we don't expect anything else?


I don't mean to be rude but shouldn't a company prioritize things that are quick to refurbish and drive shareholder value? Just providing an alternative thought.

I do always find it funny how people complain about liveries that are 1. predominately white, 2. two colors, 3. quick to repaint. But then airlines like United and American come out with liveries that are numerous colors, little white, complex, and (i'm guessing) not the easiest to repaint and people still love Delta and hate on UA/AA...

It is especially hilarious because everyone always lauds and pines for the old SAS livery (with the strips) which was...predominately white as pointed out above.

The real reason is of course that most people here hate change. Everyone always complains about a new livery (including Delta’s, which had like 3 pages here worth of hate when it was leaked because omg the widget is red and at an angle in the tail, I use to have the link saved because it was hilarious going back and reading it versus how people view the livery now) then they get use to it and suddenly it’s a classic livery that should not be touched.


Oh my god thank you. Someone finally said it. Same thing happened with the new AC livery that now almost everyone seems to love, and they almost ate QF alive for making some minor changes. People called the new ATN livery awful as well, which is a great joke to say. The SAS livery is already simplistic enough, and from the looks of it few things will change. So why everyone is so quick to hate is beyond me
A350/CSeries = bae
 
User avatar
Faro
Posts: 1944
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:08 am

Re: Updated: SAS to present new livery by September 19th, 2019

Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:53 am

It could be just a one-off...to mark the entry into service of the A350...

It would be a pity to change their livery now...one of the best out there today...


Faro
The chalice not my son
 
Someone83
Posts: 4466
Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Re: Updated: SAS to present new livery by September 19th, 2019

Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:01 pm

Faro wrote:
It could be just a one-off...to mark the entry into service of the A350...


No. There is also an A320neo in XFW which clearly has the new tail and will get the new colours. This is not a one-off
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 8856
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: Updated: SAS to present new livery by September 19th, 2019

Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:03 pm

A new livery that is not controversial, is not worth the effort.
 
BWA900
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 11:20 pm

Re: Updated: SAS to present new livery by September 19th, 2019

Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:09 pm

seahawk wrote:
A new livery that is not controversial, is not worth the effort.


It can be if the livery is not thought through well... We've all seen that happen before more times than not.
Flown: A300 A319 A320 A321 A333 A343 A359 A388 B712 B735 B737 B738 B739 B38M B744 B752 B753 B763 B772ER B772LR B77W B788 B789 CRJ2 CRJ7 CRJ9 DH8A DH8B DH8D E145 E170 E190
 
User avatar
OzarkD9S
Posts: 5413
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2001 2:31 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:09 pm

ro1960 wrote:

UT preceded it in Europe. Apparently a US airline did that in the 70s before but I can’t remember which one.


https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/ ... tion=click

Air West
"True, I talk of dreams,
Which are the children of an idle brain." -Mercutio
 
User avatar
CarbonFibre
Posts: 593
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:02 pm

Re: Updated: SAS to present new livery by September 19th, 2019

Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:35 pm

Faro wrote:
It could be just a one-off...to mark the entry into service of the A350...

It would be a pity to change their livery now...one of the best out there today...

Faro


See post #165....
 
User avatar
ro1960
Posts: 1165
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:19 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:03 pm

OzarkD9S wrote:
ro1960 wrote:

UT preceded it in Europe. Apparently a US airline did that in the 70s before but I can’t remember which one.


https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/ ... tion=click

Air West


Thanks for the memory refresh!
You may like my airport photos:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/aeroports
 
den777200
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:45 pm

Re: Updated: SAS to present new livery by September 19th, 2019

Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:10 pm

Scandinavian Airlines (SAS) are set to unveil their new livery on their first Airbus A350-900, which is currently in production.

On the 19th of September media and guests will attend a delivery ceremony in Copenhagen, where the airline will present their new livery as well as the accompanied themes across their brand.

So far only teasers have been released by the airline, including this Twitter video:


SAS - Scandinavian Airlines

@SAS
Coming Soon 19.09 #TravelersForTheFuture #flysas #aviation


116
8:37 AM - Sep 9, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
24 people are talking about this
It has been 21 years since Scandinavian Airlines changed their livery; to mark the significance of the 2019 update, the airline has chosen their two most efficient aircraft in their fleet to receive this privilege.

Set to roll out of the paint hangar, and stand on display to the world, are the Airbus A320neo and A350-900.

For plane spotters and other aviation enthusiasts wanting to capture the current livery, it is understood that SAS will not have their entire fleet painted until 2024.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 6460
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:15 pm

ro1960 wrote:
OA940 wrote:

Isn't the original eurowhite AF?



UT preceded it in Europe. Apparently a US airline did that in the 70s before but I can’t remember which one.


Yes and no. Yes in the sense of having a largely white painted aircraft but not completely white since in addition to the billboard titles, green doors and rather large French flag, on DC-8s & DC-10s the belly wasn't white then whereas AF had an overall white with just the tail and titles in colors. As for the US airline, you were perhaps thinking about Western Airlines livery that was largely eurowhite.

I'm really curious to see what new livery the Scandinavians have chosen 20+ years later.
 
tkoenig95
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:39 pm

Re: Updated: SAS to present new livery by September 19th, 2019

Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:24 pm

den777200 wrote:
Scandinavian Airlines (SAS) are set to unveil their new livery on their first Airbus A350-900, which is currently in production.

On the 19th of September media and guests will attend a delivery ceremony in Copenhagen, where the airline will present their new livery as well as the accompanied themes across their brand.

So far only teasers have been released by the airline, including this Twitter video:


SAS - Scandinavian Airlines

@SAS
Coming Soon 19.09 #TravelersForTheFuture #flysas #aviation


116
8:37 AM - Sep 9, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
24 people are talking about this
It has been 21 years since Scandinavian Airlines changed their livery; to mark the significance of the 2019 update, the airline has chosen their two most efficient aircraft in their fleet to receive this privilege.

Set to roll out of the paint hangar, and stand on display to the world, are the Airbus A320neo and A350-900.

For plane spotters and other aviation enthusiasts wanting to capture the current livery, it is understood that SAS will not have their entire fleet painted until 2024.

What time of day will the unveil be?
 
Beedo46
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:44 pm

Re: SAS new livery?

Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:37 pm

OzarkD9S wrote:
ro1960 wrote:

UT preceded it in Europe. Apparently a US airline did that in the 70s before but I can’t remember which one.


https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/ ... tion=click

Air West


They had Euroyellow!!
 
User avatar
OzarkD9S
Posts: 5413
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2001 2:31 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:47 am

Beedo46 wrote:
OzarkD9S wrote:
ro1960 wrote:

UT preceded it in Europe. Apparently a US airline did that in the 70s before but I can’t remember which one.


https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/ ... tion=click

Air West


They had Euroyellow!!


You're thinking of HUGHES Airwest, after Howard Hughes bought the airline. Before that when Pacific/West Coast and Bonanza merged to form Air West, the livery was the one in the link above.
"True, I talk of dreams,
Which are the children of an idle brain." -Mercutio
 
User avatar
millionsofmiles
Posts: 308
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:18 am

Re: Updated: SAS to present new livery by September 19th, 2019

Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:46 am

I am sure I am in the minority here but, to me, there is nothing more iconic than the 1983-1998 SAS Eurowhite livery with the multi-color belly stripes representing aspects of the Norwegian; Danish and Swedish flags, introduced in 1983 as part of a massive rebranding which included the introduction of the Calvin Klein uniform. I was living in London at the time and visited the SAS office where they provided lots of promotional materials about the rebranding, and it was indeed dramatic.
 
SDLSimme
Posts: 471
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:44 pm

Re: Updated: SAS to present new livery by September 19th, 2019

Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:58 am

I love that livery as well. Of course partly because of nostalgic reasons, it being the SAS livery I grew up with as a kid in Sweden, but also because I like how they managed to squeeze all the Scandinavian flag colors in there, and letting them occupy significant space on the fuselage, without it looking cluttered or like some kind of "circus plane". My only gripe with it is that the SAS logo on the tail looked a little bit out of place on the 767 for example. It looked more symmetrical on the DC-9, F28 etc.

millionsofmiles wrote:
I am sure I am in the minority here but, to me, there is nothing more iconic than the 1983-1998 SAS Eurowhite livery with the multi-color belly stripes representing aspects of the Norwegian; Danish and Swedish flags, introduced in 1983 as part of a massive rebranding which included the introduction of the Calvin Klein uniform. I was living in London at the time and visited the SAS office where they provided lots of promotional materials about the rebranding, and it was indeed dramatic.
A319-A321, A332-A333, RJ85, B733-B738, B743-B744, B752, B762-B764, B772-B773, CRJ200-CRJ700, Dash 8 Q300-Q400, ERJ 145,
 
User avatar
SASViking
Posts: 280
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:06 pm

Re: Updated: SAS to present new livery by September 19th, 2019

Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:25 pm

tkoenig95 wrote:
den777200 wrote:
Scandinavian Airlines (SAS) are set to unveil their new livery on their first Airbus A350-900, which is currently in production.

On the 19th of September media and guests will attend a delivery ceremony in Copenhagen, where the airline will present their new livery as well as the accompanied themes across their brand.

So far only teasers have been released by the airline, including this Twitter video:


SAS - Scandinavian Airlines

@SAS
Coming Soon 19.09 #TravelersForTheFuture #flysas #aviation


116
8:37 AM - Sep 9, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
24 people are talking about this
It has been 21 years since Scandinavian Airlines changed their livery; to mark the significance of the 2019 update, the airline has chosen their two most efficient aircraft in their fleet to receive this privilege.

Set to roll out of the paint hangar, and stand on display to the world, are the Airbus A320neo and A350-900.

For plane spotters and other aviation enthusiasts wanting to capture the current livery, it is understood that SAS will not have their entire fleet painted until 2024.

What time of day will the unveil be?

12-noon CET
Types flown: A319, A320, A32N, A321, A332, A333, A343, AT43, AT75, AT76, B717, B732, B735, B736, B737, B738, B752, B753, CRJ9, DC10, DH4D, DHC3, E135, E145, E175, E190, E195, F100, MD11, MD81, MD82, MD87, RJ1H
 
Oykie
Posts: 1884
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:21 am

Re: Updated: SAS to present new livery by September 19th, 2019

Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:18 pm

SDLSimme wrote:
I love that livery as well. Of course partly because of nostalgic reasons, it being the SAS livery I grew up with as a kid in Sweden, but also because I like how they managed to squeeze all the Scandinavian flag colors in there, and letting them occupy significant space on the fuselage, without it looking cluttered or like some kind of "circus plane". My only gripe with it is that the SAS logo on the tail looked a little bit out of place on the 767 for example. It looked more symmetrical on the DC-9, F28 etc.

millionsofmiles wrote:
I am sure I am in the minority here but, to me, there is nothing more iconic than the 1983-1998 SAS Eurowhite livery with the multi-color belly stripes representing aspects of the Norwegian; Danish and Swedish flags, introduced in 1983 as part of a massive rebranding which included the introduction of the Calvin Klein uniform. I was living in London at the time and visited the SAS office where they provided lots of promotional materials about the rebranding, and it was indeed dramatic.


We might all be in minority here, but I love that livery as well. It was instantly recognized and I liked the gold around the letters. The flags on the belly where nice :-)
Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large, then go make that dream real - Donald Douglas
 
User avatar
OA412
Moderator
Posts: 4684
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2000 6:22 am

Re: SAS new livery?

Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:51 pm

burnsie28 wrote:
To me the engine looks silly, looks almost like they had to get a replacement part from another carrier. Sad about the dropping of red/orange color.

Agreed. If the rendering is indeed what the new livery looks like (and from the video it does look like there's indeed a blue band around the engine), I have to say it looks sloppy in that it gives the impression they forgot to paint the rest of the engine. It's a shame because I otherwise really like the rendering and think it's a nice evolution sans the engine.
Oykie wrote:
SDLSimme wrote:
I love that livery as well. Of course partly because of nostalgic reasons, it being the SAS livery I grew up with as a kid in Sweden, but also because I like how they managed to squeeze all the Scandinavian flag colors in there, and letting them occupy significant space on the fuselage, without it looking cluttered or like some kind of "circus plane". My only gripe with it is that the SAS logo on the tail looked a little bit out of place on the 767 for example. It looked more symmetrical on the DC-9, F28 etc.

millionsofmiles wrote:
I am sure I am in the minority here but, to me, there is nothing more iconic than the 1983-1998 SAS Eurowhite livery with the multi-color belly stripes representing aspects of the Norwegian; Danish and Swedish flags, introduced in 1983 as part of a massive rebranding which included the introduction of the Calvin Klein uniform. I was living in London at the time and visited the SAS office where they provided lots of promotional materials about the rebranding, and it was indeed dramatic.


We might all be in minority here, but I love that livery as well. It was instantly recognized and I liked the gold around the letters. The flags on the belly where nice :-)

Count me in. That was always one of my very favorite eurowhite liveries.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West
 
User avatar
OzarkD9S
Posts: 5413
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2001 2:31 am

Re: Updated: SAS to present new livery by September 19th, 2019

Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:51 pm

millionsofmiles wrote:

I am sure I am in the minority here but, to me, there is nothing more iconic than the 1983-1998 SAS Eurowhite livery with the multi-color belly stripes representing aspects of the Norwegian; Danish and Swedish flags, introduced in 1983 as part of a massive rebranding which included the introduction of the Calvin Klein uniform. I was living in London at the time and visited the SAS office where they provided lots of promotional materials about the rebranding, and it was indeed dramatic.


No, that WAS a good one. As a nostalgia buff I would love to have SAS somehow revive the longboat, maybe not the entire cheatline but something coming up from in front of the wing. I just love how that looked on the 747.
"True, I talk of dreams,
Which are the children of an idle brain." -Mercutio
 
User avatar
Miami
Posts: 6057
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 pm

Re: Updated: SAS to present new livery by September 19th, 2019

Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:48 pm

Is it me or does the “leak” look like it has nothing to do with the teasers?
Aviation is proof that given, the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible. - Eddie Rickenbacker
 
juliuswong
Moderator
Posts: 1846
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: Updated: SAS to present new livery by September 19th, 2019

Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:09 am

[/size]
Someone83 wrote:
Faro wrote:
It could be just a one-off...to mark the entry into service of the A350...


No. There is also an A320neo in XFW which clearly has the new tail and will get the new colours. This is not a one-off

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2hnvKEhxZ4 ... oex8utsg0r

The photo mentioned by Someone83.
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
InThrustWeTrust
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:10 pm

Re: Updated: SAS to present new livery by September 19th, 2019

Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:07 am

Today at 12 CET We all go bananas. The most intressting part is where the red in bac(k) will be look like, then the belly, SAS or Scandinavian in grey?Engines? Blue ring but is there some text even there? It would be cool with the swoop under the tail will change from tails blue to swoop red! The SAS kampanj iabout this new livery and presentation of A350-900 has been elegant and cool..... 12CET boys and girls...BANG!!!!!
 
Oykie
Posts: 1884
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:21 am

Re: Updated: SAS to present new livery by September 19th, 2019

Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:57 am

I’m excited and looking forward to seeing it today :-)
Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large, then go make that dream real - Donald Douglas
 
User avatar
AirPacific747
Posts: 9661
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 9:52 am

Updated: SAS presenting new livery

Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:58 am

So it looks like the thin blue ring around the nacelles is confirmed based on SAS’ own teaser on Facebook.

https://check-in.dk/sas-praesenterer-ny ... aeste-uge/

Disappointed with this decision. Anyway I’m looking forward to seeing the entire livery
Last edited by SQ22 on Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title updated
 
MartijnNL
Posts: 777
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:44 am

Re: Updated: SAS to present new livery by September 19th, 2019

Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:31 am

millionsofmiles wrote:
I am sure I am in the minority here but, to me, there is nothing more iconic than the 1983-1998 SAS Eurowhite livery with the multi-color belly stripes representing aspects of the Norwegian; Danish and Swedish flags, introduced in 1983 as part of a massive rebranding which included the introduction of the Calvin Klein uniform. (...)

The current livery has been a worthy successor, if you ask me.

See reply 11 of this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=1420909

Off to work soon. Will be back tonight to discover the new livery and read the comments.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos