I can justify something that each airlines does not deserve to be on the top list:
1. Qatar Airways (2) - 3-3-3 on 787
2. Singapore Airlines (1) - 3-3-3 on 787
3. ANA (3) - no meals on domestic flights
4. Cathay Pacific (6) - 3-4-3 on 777
5. Emirates (4) - 3-4-3 on 777
6. EVA (5) - 3-4-3 on 777
7. Hainan (8) - 3-3-3 on 787
8. Qantas (11) - 3-3-3 on 787
9. Lufthansa (7) - no lie-flat business class
10. Thai Airways (10) - no service to US
You cant really judge their worthiness based on the seating configuration or whether they serve the US or not. Whilst I agree that some of the airlines on the list deserves to be in the top 10, Skytrax' credibility had been in question for years.
1. Qatar - I would avoid their B788 at all cost. Most of my worst economy flights are with Qatar on their B788 but purely due to the fact that the seats are too hard and narrow. But the service I get on a 6hr flight from LHR-DOH is top notch.
2. Singapore - Their service in economy is very inconsistent. Some of their crew can be very snotty towards you. I avoid their oldest B777s. Food is nothing to write about but their customer service is top notch as well as their ground services.
3. ANA - Good business class product but I avoid their economy class at all cost. Crew are a hit and missm IFE is meg.
4. Cathay Pacific - Possibly one of the airlines that really stands out to me but I'm not saying they are perfect. Their crew can be a hit and miss but on the very rare occasion. Their IFE is top notch, food is slightly better than SQ. Economy class product and service is superb. Premium economy is where Cathay Pacific falls, you pay a premium for Y class catering. First and Business Class is very solid and consistent. Ground staff and handling is outstanding. Lounges are outstanding and possibly the best especially their HKG and LHR lounges.
5. Emirates - Tight seats, great IFE, awful ground and airport service and handling. Lounge is okay.
6. EVA Air - Hit and miss crew but product in business and economy are pretty solid. Great amenities even in economy. Food is good. I find their service to be better than Emirates and ANA but not as good as Qatar and Cathay Pacific.
7. Hainan - Not flown with them
8. Qantas - Crew are possibly one of the friendliest in the skies. Food is good, service is outstanding and consistent. IFE is great. I find their Premium Economy product to be one of the very best, a lot better than Cathay Pacific. Their economy class product is also good. Ground and airport staff service is outstanding. I really like their new business class.
9. Lufthansa - American Airlines has better TATL product. I find American Airlines to have a more superior economy premium economy and business class product. Lufthansa's service is good, their crew are a hit and miss. Their lounges are outstanding.
10. Thai - I've not flown with them.
Just my opinion.