Deltabravo1123
Topic Author
Posts: 256
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:32 am

Embraer ERJ-145 family still in production?

Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:23 pm

I don't remember seeing anything posted about this recently... I was on Embraer's website and they still have the ERJ-135/140/145 all listed as currently produced aircraft. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the newest ERJ-145 was delivered only a few years back in 2016. Can we expect any more orders for this family of aircraft, or has its time in production come to an end? I know the topic often comes up about what will happen to the 50-seat market in the coming years, and the 145 seems to be the last aircraft for that market which still appears to be offered. Would any of the US3 place a top-off order to get some, perhaps at a good price this late in the game? Or has this jet become too un-economical to purchase new?

Thanks for any insight!
 
GSPSPOT
Posts: 2482
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2003 1:44 am

Re: Embraer ERJ-145 family still in production?

Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:55 pm

I don't know the answers to any of your questions, but I'm a big fan of the aircraft vs CR2s at least. They may be smaller (narrower), but they are more comfortable and the large windows are great IMO.
Great Lakes, great life.
 
DiamondFlyer
Posts: 3111
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: Embraer ERJ-145 family still in production?

Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:06 am

GSPSPOT wrote:
I don't know the answers to any of your questions, but I'm a big fan of the aircraft vs CR2s at least. They may be smaller (narrower), but they are more comfortable and the large windows are great IMO.


In no way is a 145 a more comfortable airplane. The overhead bins are even more worthless than those in the CR2, the ability to stand-up is more limited than the CRJ200. The only 145 you could make an argument is a better airplane than a CR2 is the 145XR, due to performance.
From my cold, dead hands
 
MIflyer12
Posts: 5581
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Embraer ERJ-145 family still in production?

Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:13 am

 
crjflyboy
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:54 pm

Re: Embraer ERJ-145 family still in production?

Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:24 am

Deltabravo1123 wrote:
I don't remember seeing anything posted about this recently... I was on Embraer's website and they still have the ERJ-135/140/145 all listed as currently produced aircraft. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the newest ERJ-145 was delivered only a few years back in 2016. Can we expect any more orders for this family of aircraft, or has its time in production come to an end? I know the topic often comes up about what will happen to the 50-seat market in the coming years, and the 145 seems to be the last aircraft for that market which still appears to be offered. Would any of the US3 place a top-off order to get some, perhaps at a good price this late in the game? Or has this jet become too un-economical to purchase new?

Thanks for any insight!


Yes they can still all be ordered … They will even build the EMB 120 Brasilia if anyone wants them.

The real question is can an airline turn a profit filling only 45 seats on a 76 seat airliner … a lot of markets will not be able to handle a 76 seat aircraft and if that is all that is on the table, they will likely lose service.
 
Deltabravo1123
Topic Author
Posts: 256
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:32 am

Re: Embraer ERJ-145 family still in production?

Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:35 am

crjflyboy wrote:
Deltabravo1123 wrote:
I don't remember seeing anything posted about this recently... I was on Embraer's website and they still have the ERJ-135/140/145 all listed as currently produced aircraft. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the newest ERJ-145 was delivered only a few years back in 2016. Can we expect any more orders for this family of aircraft, or has its time in production come to an end? I know the topic often comes up about what will happen to the 50-seat market in the coming years, and the 145 seems to be the last aircraft for that market which still appears to be offered. Would any of the US3 place a top-off order to get some, perhaps at a good price this late in the game? Or has this jet become too un-economical to purchase new?

Thanks for any insight!


Yes they can still all be ordered … They will even build the EMB 120 Brasilia if anyone wants them.

The real question is can an airline turn a profit filling only 45 seats on a 76 seat airliner … a lot of markets will not be able to handle a 76 seat aircraft and if that is all that is on the table, they will likely lose service.


I apologize, maybe I'm not reading your response correctly, but I'm talking about the ERJ-145 with 50 seats, not the E175 with 76 seats. To your point though, most markets won't do well with 45 out of 76 seats filled, but with 45 out of 50 seats filled that could be quite the successful route if the yields are high enough.
 
crjflyboy
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:54 pm

Re: Embraer ERJ-145 family still in production?

Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:43 am

Deltabravo1123 wrote:
crjflyboy wrote:
Deltabravo1123 wrote:
I don't remember seeing anything posted about this recently... I was on Embraer's website and they still have the ERJ-135/140/145 all listed as currently produced aircraft. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the newest ERJ-145 was delivered only a few years back in 2016. Can we expect any more orders for this family of aircraft, or has its time in production come to an end? I know the topic often comes up about what will happen to the 50-seat market in the coming years, and the 145 seems to be the last aircraft for that market which still appears to be offered. Would any of the US3 place a top-off order to get some, perhaps at a good price this late in the game? Or has this jet become too un-economical to purchase new?

Thanks for any insight!


Yes they can still all be ordered … They will even build the EMB 120 Brasilia if anyone wants them.

The real question is can an airline turn a profit filling only 45 seats on a 76 seat airliner … a lot of markets will not be able to handle a 76 seat aircraft and if that is all that is on the table, they will likely lose service.


I apologize, maybe I'm not reading your response correctly, but I'm talking about the ERJ-145 with 50 seats, not the E175 with 76 seats. To your point though, most markets won't do well with 45 out of 76 seats filled, but with 45 out of 50 seats filled that could be quite the successful route if the yields are high enough.


I was comparing the ERJ-145 vs the E175 ... at what point can an airline at least break even ...
 
KFTG
Posts: 140
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:08 am

Re: Embraer ERJ-145 family still in production?

Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:43 am

The deal w/ Boeing may change things but yes, I believe you can still order an E145 (or even an E120 for that matter) and they will build it.
Granted, you should be fired immediately after signing the deal...but yes, you can get it.
 
captaink
Posts: 4010
Joined: Wed May 23, 2001 10:43 am

Re: Embraer ERJ-145 family still in production?

Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:43 am

DiamondFlyer wrote:
GSPSPOT wrote:
I don't know the answers to any of your questions, but I'm a big fan of the aircraft vs CR2s at least. They may be smaller (narrower), but they are more comfortable and the large windows are great IMO.


In no way is a 145 a more comfortable airplane. The overhead bins are even more worthless than those in the CR2, the ability to stand-up is more limited than the CRJ200. The only 145 you could make an argument is a better airplane than a CR2 is the 145XR, due to performance.


Unless by comfort you mean the 2-1 seat configuration, win for the ERJ, cabin noise, win for the ERJ and leg room which I seem to prefer on the ERJ. I prefer they valet tag my carry on and I don’t stand for long in airplanes. :D All this subjective of course.
There is something special about planes....
 
Deltabravo1123
Topic Author
Posts: 256
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:32 am

Re: Embraer ERJ-145 family still in production?

Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:49 am

crjflyboy wrote:
Deltabravo1123 wrote:
crjflyboy wrote:

Yes they can still all be ordered … They will even build the EMB 120 Brasilia if anyone wants them.

The real question is can an airline turn a profit filling only 45 seats on a 76 seat airliner … a lot of markets will not be able to handle a 76 seat aircraft and if that is all that is on the table, they will likely lose service.


I apologize, maybe I'm not reading your response correctly, but I'm talking about the ERJ-145 with 50 seats, not the E175 with 76 seats. To your point though, most markets won't do well with 45 out of 76 seats filled, but with 45 out of 50 seats filled that could be quite the successful route if the yields are high enough.


I was comparing the ERJ-145 vs the E175 ... at what point can an airline at least break even ...


Oh okay, I see what you mean. I guess that seems to be the pressing issue... At what point is it more economical to keep or cut the 50 seats routes.
 
User avatar
Danielator36
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:12 am

Re: Embraer ERJ-145 family still in production?

Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:50 am

Deltabravo1123 wrote:
I apologize, maybe I'm not reading your response correctly, but I'm talking about the ERJ-145 with 50 seats, not the E175 with 76 seats. To your point though, most markets won't do well with 45 out of 76 seats filled, but with 45 out of 50 seats filled that could be quite the successful route if the yields are high enough.



Exactly what I was thinking- to a greater extreme, what about the 135? I'm sure there are cities that could fill 30-35 seats but aren't served right now.
 
Deltabravo1123
Topic Author
Posts: 256
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:32 am

Re: Embraer ERJ-145 family still in production?

Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:50 am

captaink wrote:
DiamondFlyer wrote:
GSPSPOT wrote:
I don't know the answers to any of your questions, but I'm a big fan of the aircraft vs CR2s at least. They may be smaller (narrower), but they are more comfortable and the large windows are great IMO.


In no way is a 145 a more comfortable airplane. The overhead bins are even more worthless than those in the CR2, the ability to stand-up is more limited than the CRJ200. The only 145 you could make an argument is a better airplane than a CR2 is the 145XR, due to performance.


Unless by comfort you mean the 2-1 seat configuration, win for the ERJ, cabin noise, win for the ERJ and leg room which I seem to prefer on the ERJ. I prefer they valet tag my carry on and I don’t stand for long in airplanes. :D All this subjective of course.


Agree 100%! The perfect plane for singles or couples. You can either choose to sit next to your travel companion or sit alone in peace.
 
Deltabravo1123
Topic Author
Posts: 256
Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:32 am

Re: Embraer ERJ-145 family still in production?

Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:56 am

Danielator36 wrote:
Deltabravo1123 wrote:
I apologize, maybe I'm not reading your response correctly, but I'm talking about the ERJ-145 with 50 seats, not the E175 with 76 seats. To your point though, most markets won't do well with 45 out of 76 seats filled, but with 45 out of 50 seats filled that could be quite the successful route if the yields are high enough.



Exactly what I was thinking- to a greater extreme, what about the 135? I'm sure there are cities that could fill 30-35 seats but aren't served right now.


I personally love the 135. Some people will think it's wayyy too small, but that just means quicker boarding/deboarding :D

And also, I have recently been remembering my flights on the 37 seat Dash 8-100 that Piedmont used to fly. Absolutely loved that plane. I'm sure it's just a dream, but I would love to see them fly the ERJ-135 which is obviously the same size. I wonder what exactly the break even point is to fly a plane like that, or what stage length/load factor is the deciding factor for the 135.
 
77H
Posts: 1457
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:27 pm

Re: Embraer ERJ-145 family still in production?

Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:23 am

DiamondFlyer wrote:
GSPSPOT wrote:
I don't know the answers to any of your questions, but I'm a big fan of the aircraft vs CR2s at least. They may be smaller (narrower), but they are more comfortable and the large windows are great IMO.


In no way is a 145 a more comfortable airplane. The overhead bins are even more worthless than those in the CR2, the ability to stand-up is more limited than the CRJ200. The only 145 you could make an argument is a better airplane than a CR2 is the 145XR, due to performance.


You must love cranking your neck and arching your back at near 45° angles to see out the window if you believe that.

77H
 
OneX123
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:08 am

Re: Embraer ERJ-145 family still in production?

Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:37 am

DiamondFlyer wrote:
GSPSPOT wrote:
I don't know the answers to any of your questions, but I'm a big fan of the aircraft vs CR2s at least. They may be smaller (narrower), but they are more comfortable and the large windows are great IMO.


In no way is a 145 a more comfortable airplane. The overhead bins are even more worthless than those in the CR2, the ability to stand-up is more limited than the CRJ200. The only 145 you could make an argument is a better airplane than a CR2 is the 145XR, due to performance.


I spend lots and lots of time on B737s and A320s and I was fortunate enough to spend a lot of time in E145s going from RAP to ORD and (unfortunately) lots of time on CRJ200s from RAP to DEN.

In my opinion, the exit row on the 1 side of the E145s is the most enjoyable flying experience for flights under 2.5hrs. Takes 10 mins to board fully, 5 mins to depart, great window views with aisle access, and the E145 is small enough where you can enjoy all the bumps and gusts of wind/movements of flying. Alternatively, I hated the CRJ200s. They always felt cramped in the 2v2 style and (probably biased) more outdated than the E145.

Unrelated to comfort but I find the E145 to be some of the better looking commercial aircraft out there. They sit high and are intimidating looking (for a small airplane)

Just my two cents!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos