acavpics
Topic Author

Pakistani airspace ever going to reopen?

Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:24 am

They seem to be consistently pushing back the date. I've heard mid May, May 31, June 15, now June 28. Airlines might as well accept that this is going to be the long term reality, and start marketing their flights accordingly.

Pellegrine

Re: Pakistani airspace ever going to reopen?

Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:38 am

Probably not until tensions calm down.
oh boy, here we go!!!

avier

Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:56 am

Pakistan is a very unstable country. They need to first solve their internal issues of harbouring Islamic terrorists, for them to reach any truce with their neighbours.
Till then, I expect their airspace closure to keep dragging on.

sibibom

Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:08 am

Don't countries get paid for the flights flying over them? Pakistan is in a financial crisis, any money would help....but oh well one has to be ready for an Indian attack which is never coming...

anshabhi

Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:58 am

sibibom wrote:
Don't countries get paid for the flights flying over them? Pakistan is in a financial crisis, any money would help....but oh well one has to be ready for an Indian attack which is never coming...

If I was in power, I would go with installing better radars which can differentiate a Su-30 and B787 with the money given by overflying a/c

VSMUT

Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:29 am

anshabhi wrote:
sibibom wrote:

If I was in power, I would go with installing better radars which can differentiate a Su-30 and B787 with the money given by overflying a/c

Overflight fees are tiny in the grand scheme. They don't even cover the cost of maintaining ATC services, navigation beacons and wages for all involved.

sibibom

Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:52 am

VSMUT wrote:
anshabhi wrote:
sibibom wrote:

Overflight fees are tiny in the grand scheme. They don't even cover the cost of maintaining ATC services, navigation beacons and wages for all involved.

Irrespective "cost of maintaining ATC services, navigation beacons and wages" are still happening. India has already allowed flights to Pakistan to fly over, what's the point of maintaining this ban?

VSMUT

Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:15 am

sibibom wrote:
VSMUT wrote:
anshabhi wrote:

Irrespective "cost of maintaining ATC services, navigation beacons and wages" are still happening. India has already allowed flights to Pakistan to fly over, what's the point of maintaining this ban?

The amount is tiny, barely even registers for that. Of all the reasons why they should reopen their airspace, this is among the last.

b747400erf

Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:31 am

It is open and flights are flying through it. Some airlines are choosing to avoid and some are not. Most of the flights flying through Pakistani airspace are flying just south of Karachi.

Aesma

Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:20 am

anshabhi wrote:
sibibom wrote:

Treating your airspace like your country is a battleground isn't going to incite overflights.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos