AR return to MCO in December

Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:04 pm

From December AR starting flights 3 x a week to Orlando

News only in Spanish

https://www.clarin.com/viajes/aerolinea ... oc2Tu.html

Airside4

Re: AR return to MCO in December

Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:45 pm

This is good for MCO! Our 2nd largest destination no longer unserved.

Sascha81
Topic Author

Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:18 pm

BroadwayLimited

Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:20 pm

I assume Delta codeshare also.
Signed up for Delta and Eastern Frequent Flyer Programs August 30, 1981.

MalevTU134

Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:48 pm

So, are the Kirchner cronies back in the driver's seat at AR? I mean...who is going to take this flight outside of the December-January high season (school holidays in Argentina)? This must be a pure visit-the-Mouse-flight. No meaningful connections on the MCO-end on SkyTeam partners that are not already had at MIA.

musman9853

Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:57 pm

MalevTU134 wrote:
So, are the Kirchner cronies back in the driver's seat at AR? I mean...who is going to take this flight outside of the December-January high season (school holidays in Argentina)? This must be a pure visit-the-Mouse-flight. No meaningful connections on the MCO-end on SkyTeam partners that are not already had at MIA.

Orlando gets like 75million visitors a year. i'm sure AR can fill an a330 3x a week.
Welcome to the City Beautiful.

MAH4546

Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:01 pm

MalevTU134 wrote:

I mean the route is basically only operating between Christmas and Easter. Very, very short season. Not even traditional full seasonal window. Shouldn't be difficult to fill a flight, despite the small local market. Possible DL connection opportunities, too. I doubt this operates as a double redeye.
Last edited by MAH4546 on Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
a.

LAX772LR

Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:02 pm

MalevTU134 wrote:
No meaningful connections on the MCO-end on SkyTeam partners that are not already had at MIA.

Sure, though the other way of looking at that is:
push a larger portion of cnnx over MCO, open more terminating seats at MIA, a market that's far larger and likely more lucrative.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

MalevTU134

Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:35 pm

musman9853 wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:

Orlando gets like 75million visitors a year. i'm sure AR can fill an a330 3x a week.

1) 75 million is totally irrelevant to this discussion. At least 65 million of those must be US visitors.

2) Filling seats is not relevant to a discussion about profitability (to which I alluded when mentioning Kirchner's cronies). Sure you can fill seats at both ends if you give the tickets away for 100 USD round trip, all inclusive. But that would not make any sense. I insist there is no way to fill seats profitably outside of the December-January period.

marcoantona

Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:43 pm

AR schedule to Orlando:
AR1320 EZE 2330 MCO 0710+ 330 136
AR1321 MCO 1625 EZE 0400+ 330 247

Aircraft is being pulled from JFK flight.
Timings allow connections in EZE to ROS, COR, MDZ, BHI, MDQ, TUC, SLA, POA, GRU, SCL and ASU. The flight is certainly looking after southamericans going to visit Mickey on their summer holidays, rather than connections to mainland US.
Also southern summer is low season to JFK, hence why they pull the aircraft from that route.

MalevTU134

Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:51 pm

MAH4546 wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:

I mean the route is basically only operating between Christmas and Easter. Very, very short season. Not even traditional full seasonal window. Shouldn't be difficult to fill a flight, despite the small local market. Possible DL connection opportunities, too. I doubt this operates as a double redeye.

Yes, it is indeed a double redeye... :roll:

MalevTU134

Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:52 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:
No meaningful connections on the MCO-end on SkyTeam partners that are not already had at MIA.

Sure, though the other way of looking at that is:
push a larger portion of cnnx over MCO, open more terminating seats at MIA, a market that's far larger and likely more lucrative.

Absolutely, and also redirect Orlando terminating traffic to the nonstop, and thereby leave the MIA flight for passengers terminating there. That's all good and reasonable, but in a very short season. That is my point. Already in February this flight is going to hurt, and they have 2 months left to fly. But hey, this is by no means the weirdest thing that has happened to AR. This is nothing compared to expropiations, buying unsuitable planes to scratch Uncle Lula's back and all that...

chepos

Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:10 pm

Is JFK going to operate at 4X weekly? You would think NYC would generate more revenue than flying to Orlando.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly the Flag!!!!

MAH4546

Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:11 pm

MalevTU134 wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:

Surprising. Small market, junk yields. Best of luck to them. They need it. LATAM can't even make MCO-SCL work anymore.
a.

dcajet

Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:30 pm

MalevTU134 wrote:

But of course it is a Mouse flight! What else is there to do at MCO for middle class Argentinians other than the theme park circuit and outlet mall shopping? And for quinceañera celebrations (the Latin equivalent of a sweet sixteen).

Seriously now, the Orlando folks had been lobbying AR for years now. Glad AR is finally making it happen. The flight is seasonal Dec-Mar. Not sure I get the Kirchner joke..
Keep calm and wash your hands.

MalevTU134

Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:31 pm

MAH4546 wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:

Surprising. Small market, junk yields. Best of luck to them. They need it. LATAM can't even make MCO-SCL work anymore.

Exactly. Agree 100%. Only other explanation I can find is that JFK was even worse yields, in which case God help AR...

dcajet

Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:34 pm

Forgot to add the flight schedules:

AR1320 EZE 23:30 MCO 07:10 136 A332
AR1321 MCO16:25 EZE 04:00 247 A332

Effective Dec 9 - Mar 21 2019/2020

dcajet

Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:39 pm

MAH4546 wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:

US-Argentina is at least twice as big a US-Chile. Argentinians are only behind Canadians, Brits, Germans and Brazilians in terms of international visitors to Florida alone. Buenos Aires was the second largest unserved source market to Orlando.

chepos

Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:50 pm

I was always under the impression NYC was a popular destination for Argentinos. I am very surprised by this, Aerolineas I assumed was the preferred carrier for those traveling north as well as Argentinians in the tri sate heading home for summer holidays. Anywho, best of luck to AR.

Fly the Flag!!!!

MalevTU134

Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:55 pm

chepos wrote:
I was always under the impression NYC was a popular destination for Argentinos. I am very surprised by this, Aerolineas I assumed was the preferred carrier for those traveling north as well as Argentinians in the tri sate heading home for summer holidays. Anywho, best of luck to AR.

Due to decades of mistreatment (except for tbe last 3 and a half years) by consecutive governments and its unions, Aerolineas is the preferred carrier of very few...anywhere.

dcajet

Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:55 pm

chepos wrote:

And it is. But you have 3 red eye nonstops daily on AA, AR & UA on the EZE-NYC (JFK/EWR) route. No one flies non stop to MCO. I'd like to think AR has run the numbers and has come to the conclusion that it can make more money (or lose less) by splitting flights between JFK & MCO during the summer peak travel season.

AtomicGarden

Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:27 am

MalevTU134 wrote:
chepos wrote:

Due to decades of mistreatment (except for tbe last 3 and a half years) by consecutive governments and its unions, Aerolineas is the preferred carrier of very few...anywhere.

But mostly Argentinians, even if few. Who during summer holidays will more likely fly to Florida rather than NYC.

I don't see this flight being year round, even 3 times p/week, but during southern summer, it may work out aliright. Not too long ago DL discontinued MIA-MCO giving us a headache with relocating passengers.

I don't find your comments offensive, Malev, but I really hope you are wrong.
You killed a black astronaut, Cyril! That's like killing a unicorn!

Cointrin330

Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:38 am

chepos wrote:
Is JFK going to operate at 4X weekly? You would think NYC would generate more revenue than flying to Orlando.

There's competition on NYC-EZE with AA, UA, and AR all operating it. The DL code share through SkyTeam helps AR but I would suspect the largest POS for AR is on the Argentina side, not the US side.

MalevTU134

Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:44 am

AtomicGarden wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:
chepos wrote:

But mostly Argentinians, even if few. Who during summer holidays will more likely fly to Florida rather than NYC.

I don't see this flight being year round, even 3 times p/week, but during southern summer, it may work out aliright. Not too long ago DL discontinued MIA-MCO giving us a headache with relocating passengers.

I don't find your comments offensive, Malev, but I really hope you are wrong.

Oh, I myself hope I am dead wrong. I don't wish misfortune on anyone. But sometimes you can foresee it and therefore avoid it. Anyhow, let's say the last half of that period of flights will not be profitable....even so this wouldn't be the worst performer in the AR network, I suppose. My only point here is that these flights should be December and January only. That's all.

Airside4

Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:10 am

LHR & TYO are now our largest unserved markets. I suspect Delta or a friend will add LHR. I'd like to see us get TYO however, Incheon might be a more valuable add. Knocking on Skyteams door here!

chepos

Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:43 am

Airside4 wrote:
LHR & TYO are now our largest unserved markets. I suspect Delta or a friend will add LHR. I'd like to see us get TYO however, Incheon might be a more valuable add. Knocking on Skyteams door here!

LHR slots are valuable and expensive, if you notice there is a plethora of LGW flights which serve the same
market. If you really need to fly to LHR you can hop on a flight to ATL and connect to LHR. With the limited slots VS has at LHR I am sure MCO is not a top priority.

Fly the Flag!!!!

danimarroquin

Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:41 am

AV also responded to the demand to Orlando with a midnight flight to MCO starting this July .
DM

LatinAirliner

Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:31 am

danimarroquin wrote:
AV also responded to the demand to Orlando with a midnight flight to MCO starting this July .

But they cancelled their LIM-MCO flight, is more like a better distribution of their resources as they can get better connections in BOG than in LIM.
LatinAirliner - Nickpo

MalevTU134

Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:32 am

LatinAirliner wrote:
danimarroquin wrote:

But they cancelled their LIM-MCO flight, is more like a better distribution of their resources as they can get better connections in BOG than in LIM.

Also, AV has the added advantage that Colombia and the north of South America as well as Central America have their school holidays mainly in July-August, and they can also get traffic (not only Mouse traffic but also VFR traffic) to and from Orlando from the southern cone of the continent as well as from Brazil. Yields are still lousy, but still. This makes a year-round operation more viable for them than even a 4 month-a-year operation for AR, who would get (Mouse-only) transfer traffic worth mentioning only from Uruguay and possibly Paraguay...

upperdeckfan

Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:49 am

Airside4 wrote:

Fortunately dreaming is for free :lol:
764, 789, 732,733,735,737,738,739,
752, 722, 717,74M,DC10,DC9,M82,
M83, M87, M88,310,319,320,321,332,
333, 343, 346,359,388,L1011,CR2,
CR7, CR9,CRK, E175,E190,ATR42,
DSH8, CS1,CS3

smokeybandit

Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:24 am

MalevTU134 wrote:
musman9853 wrote:
MalevTU134 wrote:

1) 75 million is totally irrelevant to this discussion. At least 65 million of those must be US visitors.

6 million, but increasing

https://lodgingmagazine.com/orlando-bre ... tors-2017/

Sascha81
Topic Author

Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:31 am

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...from-dec-2019/

Aerolineas Argentinas from December 2019 plans to resume Buenos Aires Ezeiza – Orlando service, announced on Tuesday 25JUN19. The seasonal service will be served 3 times a week with Airbus A330-200 aircraft, from 09DEC19.

Planned schedule as follows.

AR1320 EZE2330 – 0710+1MCO 330 136
AR1321 MCO1625 – 0400+1EZE 330 247

The airline last served Orlando until May 2000.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...cy-variations/

Aerolineas Argentinas 2H19 New York frequency variations

Aerolineas Argentinas in the second-half of 2019 is adjusting operational frequencies for Buenos Aires Ezeiza – New York JFK route, which sees service reduction from 7 to 4-6 weekly. Airbus A330-200 aircraft operates this route.

09JUL19 – 14JUL19 Day x127
24JUL19 – 28JUL19 Day 456
08AUG19 – 12AUG19 Day x234
13AUG19 – 01NOV19 Day x2
02NOV19 – 07DEC19 Day x146

Following schedule effective 02NOV19 – 07DEC19.

AR1300 EZE2330 – 0835+1JFK 330 x146
AR1301 JFK2020 – 09015+1EZE 330 x257

Airside4

Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:10 pm

chepos wrote:
Airside4 wrote:

LHR slots are valuable and expensive, if you notice there is a plethora of LGW flights which serve the same
market. If you really need to fly to LHR you can hop on a flight to ATL and connect to LHR. With the limited slots VS has at LHR I am sure MCO is not a top priority.

I mean, if yields are high because people are willing to pay a pretty penny to use LHR, someone could do it. I dont see it in British Airways philosophy which leads me to think it would be good for Delta or Virgin.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos