enilria
Topic Author

F9 Adds LAS-LAX/MIA/PDX/PHX/RNO/SEA/SNA;CLE-FLL/MIA

Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:07 am

Coming days after a big event by NK in LAS. CLE-FLL and MIA? A lot of short-haul which isn't that common with ULCCs. A lot of this is daily as well which is not common for F9. Aggressive move.

New Routes from McCarran International Airport (LAS):

TO/FROM

SERVICE START

SERVICE FREQUENCY

INTRO FARE

APPLICABLE DAYS FOR INTRO FARE:

Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)

Sept. 10, 2019

Daily

$29*

Tuesday and Wednesday

Miami International Airport (MIA)

Sept. 10, 2019

Daily

$79*

Tuesday and Wednesday

Portland International Airport (PDX)

Nov. 14, 2019

Monday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday

$39*

To Las Vegas Sunday and Monday

From Las Vegas Thursday and Friday

Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)

Sept. 6, 2019

Daily

$29*

Tuesday and Wednesday

Reno-Tahoe International Airport (RNO)

Nov. 14, 2019

$29*

Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)

Nov. 14, 2019

$44*

John Wayne Airport, Orange County (SNA)

Nov. 14, 2019

Daily

$29*

Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday

New Routes from Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE):

TO/FROM

SERVICE START

SERVICE FREQUENCY

INTRO FARE

APPLICABLE DAYS FOR INTRO FARE:

Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL)

Oct. 10, 2019

Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday

$49*

To Florida Sunday Through Wednesday

From Florida Tuesday through Friday

Miami International Airport (MIA)

Oct. 10, 2019

Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday

$49*

To Florida Sunday Through Wednesday

From Florida Tuesday through Friday

https://news.flyfrontier.com/frontier-a ... las-vegas/
Last edited by enilria on Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

MAH4546

Re: F9 Adds LAS-LAS/MIA/PDX/PHX/RNO/SEA/SNA;CLE-FLL/MIA

Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:12 am

Some of this isn't new flying. Third time announcing/starting MIA-LAS. Second time announcing MIA-CLE.
a.

enilria
Topic Author

Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:14 am

MAH4546 wrote:
Some of this isn't new flying. Third time announcing/starting MIA-LAS. Second time announcing MIA-CLE.

It's hard to find a route F9 hasn't tried, but there are some in there. LAS-LAX/SNA/RNO/PHX are def new.

wedgetail737

Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:17 am

From LAS to SEA on Thursday and Friday; SEA to LAS on Sunday and Monday...ok...seems a little backward. Wouldn't most people go to LAS on Thurs and Fri and then return Sun and Mon? Also...only 2X weekly? With NK, AS and DL having multiple dailies...not to mention AS out of PAE, I have my doubts for F9.

tphuang

Re: F9 Adds LAS-LAX/MIA/PDX/PHX/RNO/SEA/SNA;CLE-FLL/MIA

Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:20 am

That's a lot of expansion. This is why LAS is never going to work as a focus city for anyone other than WN and ULCCs.

flyoregon

Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:23 am

PDX-LAS is a stupid add with Alaska, Southwest, Sun Country, and Spirit already flying it.

peak86

Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:36 am

Now F9 fighting a 3 front fight with NK, SY, and WN... brilliant for making that puppy look profitable for the IPO!

I'm curious where they are getting the SNA slot from? Cutting something else?

ncflyer

Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:43 am

CLE FLL is also saturated. NK and B6 daily year round, UA daily in winter, WN Saturday only. Plus F9 serving MIA and PBI with A321s daily between the two cities, which surely hits FLL.

RWA380

Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:47 am

flyoregon wrote:
PDX-LAS is a stupid add with Alaska, Southwest, Sun Country, and Spirit already flying it.

It's the only city NK has been able to make work out of PDX, there is a lot of price sensitive travel to Vegas from PDX, it used to be more split with Reno, but Reno can't compete with the Glitz that is Vegas. Portlanders will travel the extra 30 minutes for the Vegas experience, especially when the air is so darn low. Just got quoted under $310 for 4 passengers r/t in early December on F9.
707, 717, 720, 727-1/2, 737-1/2/3/4/5/7/8/9, 747-1/2/3, 757, 767-2/3/4, 777-2/3, DC8, DC9, MD80/2/7/8, D10-1/3/4, M11, L10-2/5, A300/310/319/320
AA AC AQ BD BN CO CS DL EA EZ HA HG HP KL KN MP MW NK NW OZ PA PS QX RC RH RW SA TG TW UA US VS WA WN WP YS 8M

peak86

Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:10 am

Even crazier to me is LAX-LAS - approaching 35-40 daily flights (depending on day of week) between all carriers with F9 and SY entering. Sub $50 fares all around - and looks like most walkups in the $80 range, guess those would still make money if the planes managed to be full though!

sprxUSA

Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:33 am

wedgetail737 wrote:
From LAS to SEA on Thursday and Friday; SEA to LAS on Sunday and Monday...ok...seems a little backward. Wouldn't most people go to LAS on Thurs and Fri and then return Sun and Mon? Also...only 2X weekly? With NK, AS and DL having multiple dailies...not to mention AS out of PAE, I have my doubts for F9.

It is 4 flts/week and the days are shown for when the shown cheapest fares are available, as explained in OP original post.
Gem State Airlines..."we have a gem of an airline"

F9LASDEN

Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:35 am

wedgetail737 wrote:

The route is 4x weekly (M/Th/F/Su), but the quoted $44 intro fare is only valid out of LAS on Thurs and Fri, and into LAS on Sun and Mon, which makes sense given that as you point out, demand on SEA-LAS is likely higher on Thurs and Fri, and LAS-SEA is likely higher on Sun and Mon, so applying the cheap intro fare makes sense on the lower demand days in each direction.
Spirit of the West...A Whole Different Animal...Low Fares Done Right

MAH4546

Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:51 am

peak86 wrote:
Even crazier to me is LAX-LAS - approaching 35-40 daily flights (depending on day of week) between all carriers with F9 and SY entering. Sub $50 fares all around - and looks like most walkups in the $80 range, guess those would still make money if the planes managed to be full though!

$80 walk Ups? Where?

I routinely fly LAXLAS because the drive is a nightmare and anything under $200 is a total bargain. This is a high fare market. I usually end up spending $250.

Also I think this means every large domestic airlines flies LAXLAS except Hawaiian and JetBlue (although JetBlue flies LGB-LAS). The market has AA, UA, DL, WN, NK, AS, SY, G4 and now F9.
a.

flyboy7974

Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:31 am

Any flight times released with the announcement ?

joeblow10

Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:56 am

MAH4546 wrote:
peak86 wrote:

$80 walk Ups? Where?

I routinely fly LAXLAS because the drive is a nightmare and anything under $200 is a total bargain. This is a high fare market. I usually end up spending $250.

Also I think this means every large domestic airlines flies LAXLAS except Hawaiian and JetBlue (although JetBlue flies LGB-LAS). The market has AA, UA, DL, WN, NK, AS, SY, G4 and now F9.

I don’t know what carrier you’re flying - but a quick search of google flights today shows at least 15 flights available for $85 in both directions - NK is $46 from LAS back to LAX.

wedgetail737

Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:08 pm

F9LASDEN wrote:
wedgetail737 wrote:

The route is 4x weekly (M/Th/F/Su), but the quoted $44 intro fare is only valid out of LAS on Thurs and Fri, and into LAS on Sun and Mon, which makes sense given that as you point out, demand on SEA-LAS is likely higher on Thurs and Fri, and LAS-SEA is likely higher on Sun and Mon, so applying the cheap intro fare makes sense on the lower demand days in each direction.

Thanks for the clarification. I misunderstood the original context of the original post.

EvanWSFO

Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:26 pm

joeblow10 wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:
peak86 wrote:

$80 walk Ups? Where?

I don’t know what carrier you’re flying - but a quick search of google flights today shows at least 15 flights available for $85 in both directions - NK is $46 from LAS back to LAX.

I did the same thing. The lowest fares are G4, F9 and NK. No overhead bins, no checked baggage, no ancillary fees added yet. By the time you get to at least one bag, $250 RT is not that unusual.
I have been on this site 15 years. A unrecoverable email account led me to starting over. Those of you who call me a rookie, you may stop ok?

BN727227Ultra

Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:11 pm

tphuang wrote:
That's a lot of expansion. This is why LAS is never going to work as a focus city for anyone other than WN and ULCCs.

Is there any Part 121 carrier that *doesn't* fly LAS-LAX? :-)

MAH4546

Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:12 pm

joeblow10 wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:
peak86 wrote:

$80 walk Ups? Where?

I’m flying non-ULC airlines and I’m flying during peak times when people fly to Vegas, which isn’t Wednesday.
a.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos