SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 6357
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

French Bee has become an A350 only airline

Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:28 pm

With the transfer of their lone A333 to sister company Air Caraïbes, BF is now relying on their 3 A359s. https://www.planespotters.net/airline/French-bee

Here's the A333 in hybrid livery. Is it just a summer sub or a longer term thing, I don't know. However it seems TX has another A333 (F-GOTO) stored at BOD since April.

 
oldannyboy
Posts: 2316
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:28 am

Re: French Bee has become an A350 only airline

Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:20 pm

Wow, congrats to French Bee, the A350 is a truly majestic bird, and so comfortable to fly on!
 
rufusmi
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:15 pm

Re: French Bee has become an A350 only airline

Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:27 pm

oldannyboy wrote:
Wow, congrats to French Bee, the A350 is a truly majestic bird, and so comfortable to fly on!


It’s not comfy in their configuration!
 
User avatar
gatibosgru
Posts: 1518
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:48 pm

Re: French Bee has become an A350 only airline

Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:15 pm

rufusmi wrote:
oldannyboy wrote:
Wow, congrats to French Bee, the A350 is a truly majestic bird, and so comfortable to fly on!


It’s not comfy in their configuration!


Yeah those 3x4x3 A350s do not look appealing!
Image
@DadCelo
 
GalebG4
Posts: 190
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:49 pm

Re: French Bee has become an A350 only airline

Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:33 pm

gatibosgru wrote:
rufusmi wrote:
oldannyboy wrote:
Wow, congrats to French Bee, the A350 is a truly majestic bird, and so comfortable to fly on!


It’s not comfy in their configuration!


Yeah those 3x4x3 A350s do not look appealing!
Image

You choose what you are going to buy independently of the product available!
For people that don’t have problems with this product configuration, why would you complain if you are not going to use it.
 
User avatar
leleko747
Posts: 378
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:16 pm

Re: French Bee has become an A350 only airline

Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:38 pm

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
However it seems TX has another A333 (F-GOTO) stored at BOD since April.


According to Skyliner, this A333 will be picked up by Russian carrier I-Fly.
I wonder when people will understand:
Embraer 190 or simply E190, not ERJ-190. E-Jets are NOT ERJs!
Boeing 747-8, not Boeing 747-800. Same goes for 787.
Airbus A320, not Airbus 320.
Airbii does not exist.
 
User avatar
william
Posts: 3094
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 1999 1:31 pm

Re: French Bee has become an A350 only airline

Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:43 pm

Saw two A350s at Orly last week. I wander what airline it was.

You can pack 3x4x3 into an A350 ? Yep, a 777-200 replacement.
 
Thibault973
Posts: 204
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:11 am

Re: French Bee has become an A350 only airline

Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:54 pm

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
With the transfer of their lone A333 to sister company Air Caraïbes, BF is now relying on their 3 A359s. https://www.planespotters.net/airline/French-bee

Here's the A333 in hybrid livery. Is it just a summer sub or a longer term thing, I don't know. However it seems TX has another A333 (F-GOTO) stored at BOD since April.



I’ve read somewhere that F-GOTO is being put back in service for the peak summer season. Then one of their 333 will be leaving the fleet permanently when their first 350-1000 arrives in December.

I know that CAY is getting the 359 from August 1st.
 
User avatar
LAX772LR
Posts: 12322
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:06 pm

Re: French Bee has become an A350 only airline

Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:13 pm

rufusmi wrote:
oldannyboy wrote:
the A350 is a truly majestic bird, and so comfortable to fly on!

It’s not comfy in their configuration!

:checkmark:

Which speaks to the ridiculousness of referring to any given aircraft model as "comfortable"... yet for some reason, it continues.



william wrote:
You can pack 3x4x3 into an A350 ? Yep, a 777-200 replacement.

Indeed, a lot of people don't realize just how big of an aircraft the A350 is, in body or any other dimension.

Here's one of DL's A350s parked next to their retiring 747:
Image
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil
 
zkncj
Posts: 3198
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:57 pm

Re: French Bee has become an A350 only airline

Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:41 pm

william wrote:

You can pack 3x4x3 into an A350 ? Yep, a 777-200 replacement.


You can pack 3-3-3 into a 332/332 or 2-4-2 into a 763 so anything is possible these days.
 
User avatar
ATA L1011
Posts: 1311
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2001 6:47 am

Re: French Bee has become an A350 only airline

Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:44 pm

william wrote:
Saw two A350s at Orly last week. I wander what airline it was.

You can pack 3x4x3 into an A350 ? Yep, a 777-200 replacement.
Yuup and people complain about the 777 with 3-4-3 and it's 10 in wider internally 19ft 3 in versus 18ft 5 in for the A350 internally. It's not as wide as the L-1011 at 18ft 11 in, nor the MD-11/DC-10 at 18ft. 9 in, so are some calling it comfy because of the modern accommodations because it sure is not as wide as the 777,L-1011,DC-10/MD-11 internally and we know how people complain/complained about those at 3-4-3!
Treat others as you expect to be treated!
 
User avatar
zkojq
Posts: 3770
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:42 am

Re: French Bee has become an A350 only airline

Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:46 pm

zkncj wrote:
william wrote:

You can pack 3x4x3 into an A350 ? Yep, a 777-200 replacement.


You can pack 3-3-3 into a 332/332 or 2-4-2 into a 763 so anything is possible these days.


Yet thankfully none of those Configs is the norm for those aircraft types.
First to fly the 787-9
 
User avatar
zkojq
Posts: 3770
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:42 am

Re: French Bee has become an A350 only airline

Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:48 pm

ATA L1011 wrote:
william wrote:
Saw two A350s at Orly last week. I wander what airline it was.

You can pack 3x4x3 into an A350 ? Yep, a 777-200 replacement.
Yuup and people complain about the 777 with 3-4-3 and it's 10 in wider internally 19ft 3 in versus 18ft 5 in for the A350 internally. It's not as wide as the L-1011 at 18ft 11 in, nor the MD-11/DC-10 at 18ft. 9 in, so are some calling it comfy because of the modern accommodations because it sure is not as wide as the 777,L-1011,DC-10/MD-11 internally and we know how people complain/complained about those at 3-4-3!


The difference being that 3-4-3 is not the norm for A350s but it is the norm for 777s.
First to fly the 787-9
 
Planes4you
Posts: 311
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:35 pm

Re: French Bee has become an A350 only airline

Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:42 pm

leleko747 wrote:
SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
However it seems TX has another A333 (F-GOTO) stored at BOD since April.


According to Skyliner, this A333 will be picked up by Russian carrier I-Fly.



Don’t you mean our-fly?
 
duboka
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:07 pm

Re: French Bee has become an A350 only airline

Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:51 pm

gatibosgru wrote:
rufusmi wrote:
oldannyboy wrote:
Wow, congrats to French Bee, the A350 is a truly majestic bird, and so comfortable to fly on!


It’s not comfy in their configuration!


Yeah those 3x4x3 A350s do not look appealing!
Image


What's the seat width of their seats? I imagine that's narrower then the 787's seat with 3-3-3....
 
User avatar
drerx7
Posts: 4376
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2000 12:19 am

Re: French Bee has become an A350 only airline

Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:31 am

Just flew it PPT-SFO...it really wasn't that bad.
HOUSTON, TEXAS
 
oldannyboy
Posts: 2316
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:28 am

Re: French Bee has become an A350 only airline

Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:53 am

rufusmi wrote:
oldannyboy wrote:
Wow, congrats to French Bee, the A350 is a truly majestic bird, and so comfortable to fly on!


It’s not comfy in their configuration!


I just knew someone had to say that. It's so A.net. Wow oh wow folks.

And I am hoping that you at least are someone who is either familiar with flying the A350, or how flying with French Bee and Air Caraibes is. Because I am.
 
seb76
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 5:02 pm

Re: French Bee has become an A350 only airline

Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:53 am

LAX772LR wrote:
rufusmi wrote:
oldannyboy wrote:
the A350 is a truly majestic bird, and so comfortable to fly on!

It’s not comfy in their configuration!

:checkmark:

Which speaks to the ridiculousness of referring to any given aircraft model as "comfortable"... yet for some reason, it continues.


No, there is actually a real difference for those of us flying in business class. I'll choose an A350 or A380 over a 777 whenever possible as I can sleep better (ventilation noise, airframe noise, ...) but it's true that the airline matters too. For exemple, even in a comfy 787, I once couldn't sleep because ANA sets up the cabin temperature quite hot and I also remember a flight on a BA A380 with a snorkling neigbour ;-)

Indeed, when I travel for my leasure, it's always in Y. Most of the other annoyances like being packed like a sardine close to some screaming baby or in front if some kid or half drunk guy knocking my seat every 10 minutes make the airplane type become quite irrelevant.
 
User avatar
gatibosgru
Posts: 1518
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:48 pm

Re: French Bee has become an A350 only airline

Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:35 am

duboka wrote:
gatibosgru wrote:
rufusmi wrote:

It’s not comfy in their configuration!


Yeah those 3x4x3 A350s do not look appealing!
Image


What's the seat width of their seats? I imagine that's narrower then the 787's seat with 3-3-3....


16.something
@DadCelo
 
oldannyboy
Posts: 2316
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:28 am

Re: French Bee has become an A350 only airline

Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:46 am

seb76 wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:
rufusmi wrote:
It’s not comfy in their configuration!

:checkmark:

Which speaks to the ridiculousness of referring to any given aircraft model as "comfortable"... yet for some reason, it continues.


No, there is actually a real difference for those of us flying in business class. I'll choose an A350 or A380 over a 777 whenever possible as I can sleep better (ventilation noise, airframe noise, ...) but it's true that the airline matters too. For exemple, even in a comfy 787, I once couldn't sleep because ANA sets up the cabin temperature quite hot and I also remember a flight on a BA A380 with a snorkling neigbour ;-)

Indeed, when I travel for my leasure, it's always in Y. Most of the other annoyances like being packed like a sardine close to some screaming baby or in front if some kid or half drunk guy knocking my seat every 10 minutes make the airplane type become quite irrelevant.


I agree with you Seb - some things which cannot be controlled like screaming children or foul-smelling neighbors or a much too cold cabin will transform any flight into torture, but in all honesty some aircraft types are *generally more comfortable than others* , and the A350 is one such types... it's amazingly quiet, it offers a lovely airy, spacious cabin, huge bins, it's amazingly stable even in turbulent weather thanks to the great wing, it offers great air quality, huge windows... it really doesn't get any better than that with the exception of the 747-8 and the A380. The 787 is marginally inferior, and the 777 is severely inferior, in all above mentioned areas.
Having said that, would I prefer an 8-abreast 787 Y cabin over a 3-4-3 A350, yes, of course, I'm not stupid. But my point is -given similar seating configurations- the A350 is really up the very top of comfort charts.
 
kaloair
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:31 pm

Re: French Bee has become an A350 only airline

Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:11 am

Thibault973 wrote:
SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
With the transfer of their lone A333 to sister company Air Caraïbes, BF is now relying on their 3 A359s. https://www.planespotters.net/airline/French-bee

Here's the A333 in hybrid livery. Is it just a summer sub or a longer term thing, I don't know. However it seems TX has another A333 (F-GOTO) stored at BOD since April.



I’ve read somewhere that F-GOTO is being put back in service for the peak summer season. Then one of their 333 will be leaving the fleet permanently when their first 350-1000 arrives in December.

I know that CAY is getting the 359 from August 1st.


The F-HPUJ is definitly on Air Caraibes fleet.
F-GOTO never come back in Air Caraibes fleet.
F-OONE will leave Air Caraibes on 10 august. (359 F-HTRE is arrived on 25 July).
 
mig17
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:34 am

Re: French Bee has become an A350 only airline

Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:41 am

zkojq wrote:
ATA L1011 wrote:
william wrote:
Saw two A350s at Orly last week. I wander what airline it was.

You can pack 3x4x3 into an A350 ? Yep, a 777-200 replacement.
Yuup and people complain about the 777 with 3-4-3 and it's 10 in wider internally 19ft 3 in versus 18ft 5 in for the A350 internally. It's not as wide as the L-1011 at 18ft 11 in, nor the MD-11/DC-10 at 18ft. 9 in, so are some calling it comfy because of the modern accommodations because it sure is not as wide as the 777,L-1011,DC-10/MD-11 internally and we know how people complain/complained about those at 3-4-3!


The difference being that 3-4-3 is not the norm for A350s but it is the norm for 777s.

3-4-3 was not the 777 norm. It was 3-3-3. It is the norm now, because most 777 carrier needed to add seats to keep cost per seat under control.
The A350 is in the same configuration. Today, most airline will offer 3-3-3 because the A/C is one of the most efficient on the market today. But in 15 years, like the 777 it may have to compensate with one more row in y.
727 AT, 737 UX/SK/TO/SS, 747 UT/AF/SQ/BA/SS, 767 UA, 777 AF, A300 IW/TG, A310 EK, A318/19/20/21 AF/U2/VY, A332/3 EK/QR/TX, A343 AF, A388 AF, E145/170/190 A5/WF, Q400 WF, ATR 72 A5/TX, CRJ100/700/1000 A5, C-150/172, PC-6.
 
debonair
Posts: 3468
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: French Bee has become an A350 only airline

Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:48 am

zkncj wrote:
You can pack 3-3-3 into a 332/332 or 2-4-2 into a 763 so anything is possible these days.


Yeap, or like CEBU PACIFIC 460Y seats in an A330neo... :crowded:
 
SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 6357
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: French Bee has become an A350 only airline

Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:07 am

kaloair wrote:
The F-HPUJ is definitly on Air Caraibes fleet.
F-GOTO never come back in Air Caraibes fleet.
F-OONE will leave Air Caraibes on 10 august. (359 F-HTRE is arrived on 25 July).


Very well. F-GOTO has been indeed left the fleet and been ferried BOD-VKO in mid-June.
 
Thibault973
Posts: 204
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:11 am

Re: French Bee has become an A350 only airline

Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:36 am

I flew TX’s 359 in W yesterday and something I noticed and made me cringe is that they pretend in their onboard magazine to have both 330s and 359 “dans la configuration la plus spacieuse » which translates to “in the most spacious configuration”...when they are literally the only airline out there who flies the 359 in the 3-4-3 on Y and 3-3-3 in W config.
 
User avatar
zkojq
Posts: 3770
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:42 am

Re: French Bee has become an A350 only airline

Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:31 pm

mig17 wrote:
The difference being that 3-4-3 is not the norm for A350s but it is the norm for 777s.

3-4-3 was not the 777 norm. It was 3-3-3.[/quote]
Right yet plenty of carriers (EK, JL, NH, SV etc) had ten across on their 777s right from the get go. If you're trying to make the point about Airbus Widebodies being uncomfortable, then you're probably better arguing your point with the A330neo, given that a lot of its orders are from LCCs like Air Asia X, Cebu Pacific and Lion Air who will stuff them with 400+ pax in a 9 across economy configuration.

mig17 wrote:
It is the norm now, because most 777 carrier needed to add seats to keep cost per seat under control.
The A350 is in the same configuration. Today, most airline will offer 3-3-3 because the A/C is one of the most efficient on the market today. But in 15 years, like the 777 it may have to compensate with one more row in y.

Right but we certainly don't know that for sure. I'd me more convinced of this if the 777X had been a clean sheet design.
First to fly the 787-9
 
caljn
Posts: 240
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:37 pm

Re: French Bee has become an A350 only airline

Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:07 pm

oldannyboy wrote:
seb76 wrote:
LAX772LR wrote:
:checkmark:

Which speaks to the ridiculousness of referring to any given aircraft model as "comfortable"... yet for some reason, it continues.


No, there is actually a real difference for those of us flying in business class. I'll choose an A350 or A380 over a 777 whenever possible as I can sleep better (ventilation noise, airframe noise, ...) but it's true that the airline matters too. For exemple, even in a comfy 787, I once couldn't sleep because ANA sets up the cabin temperature quite hot and I also remember a flight on a BA A380 with a snorkling neigbour ;-)

Indeed, when I travel for my leasure, it's always in Y. Most of the other annoyances like being packed like a sardine close to some screaming baby or in front if some kid or half drunk guy knocking my seat every 10 minutes make the airplane type become quite irrelevant.


I agree with you Seb - some things which cannot be controlled like screaming children or foul-smelling neighbors or a much too cold cabin will transform any flight into torture, but in all honesty some aircraft types are *generally more comfortable than others* , and the A350 is one such types... it's amazingly quiet, it offers a lovely airy, spacious cabin, huge bins, it's amazingly stable even in turbulent weather thanks to the great wing, it offers great air quality, huge windows... it really doesn't get any better than that with the exception of the 747-8 and the A380. The 787 is marginally inferior, and the 777 is severely inferior, in all above mentioned areas.
Having said that, would I prefer an 8-abreast 787 Y cabin over a 3-4-3 A350, yes, of course, I'm not stupid. But my point is -given similar seating configurations- the A350 is really up the very top of comfort charts.




Well there you go! The 350 is superior due to this utterly subjective opinion!
Really, if you repeat something often enough people begin to believe it...like "tax cuts increase revenue". Business class on any frame is fine, having traveled ZRH to LAX on a Swiss 777...a perfectly fine experience and not "noisy" by any measure, though I do prefer the lower cabin pressure of the new models.
So please, give "the opinions as fact" a rest. The bird will enjoy improved sales eventually without your promotion and wishing it into reality.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos