Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
cpl22586
Topic Author
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:39 am

JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:24 pm

Flight 6994 N2002J JetBlue's first A321 NEO is on the way from Hamburg Germany left around 5am Eastern time and gets into New York around 2pm. It will then proceed to LCQ (Lake City) around 3pm to be outfitted with the inflight entertainment system. The customer acceptance flight occurred on nine 25th.


https://flightaware.com/live/flight/JBU6994
 
User avatar
Slash787
Posts: 951
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:37 pm

Re: JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:46 pm

Can you post some pictures
 
FlyingFan18
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:32 pm

Re: JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:43 pm

Does anyone know the layout of this aircraft? Considering it removed door 2 and added the overwing exits I assume it’s a different layout then the current B6 a321 layouts.
 
User avatar
aemoreira1981
Posts: 3569
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 am

Re: JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:00 pm

FlyingFan18 wrote:
Does anyone know the layout of this aircraft? Considering it removed door 2 and added the overwing exits I assume it’s a different layout then the current B6 a321 layouts.


L1, both overwing exits, L3, and L4 are all activated. But B6 only boards through L1 anyway.
 
User avatar
alancostello
Posts: 282
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:31 pm

Re: JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:34 pm

aemoreira1981 wrote:
FlyingFan18 wrote:
Does anyone know the layout of this aircraft? Considering it removed door 2 and added the overwing exits I assume it’s a different layout then the current B6 a321 layouts.


L1, both overwing exits, L3, and L4 are all activated. But B6 only boards through L1 anyway.

Essentially nobody boards through L2 on a A321 (bar LH occasionally), he was asking about the cabin layout.
 
tomcat
Posts: 568
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2000 4:14 am

Re: JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:53 pm

cpl22586 wrote:
Flight 6994 N2002J JetBlue's first A321 NEO is on the way from Hamburg Germany left around 5am Eastern time and gets into New York around 2pm. It will then proceed to LCQ (Lake City) around 3pm to be outfitted with the inflight entertainment system. The customer acceptance flight occurred on nine 25th.


https://flightaware.com/live/flight/JBU6994


It seems that it rather left around 6am Eastern time, 5:51am to be precise. ETA is 2:10pm at the moment (noon Eastern time).
 
CobaltScar
Posts: 723
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:30 pm

Re: JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:17 pm

Its a much better configuration for comfort than the current 321's. It will have a bathroom mid cabin and I think one of those mid cabin self serve drink/snack stations like the mint planes have. One less mid cabin awkward jumpseat too.

If only the whole fleet could be standardized though. Way too many configs and aircraft types now.
 
FARmd90
Posts: 365
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Re: JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:12 pm

FlyingFan18 wrote:
Does anyone know the layout of this aircraft? Considering it removed door 2 and added the overwing exits I assume it’s a different layout then the current B6 a321 layouts.


It will seat 200 in the all Core layout with the new AVANT IFE and extended WiFi. There’s a LAV by door 2 (the old door 3) as well as a inflight pantry (market place) the back is set up in the flex galley layout. 2 LAVs and two Galleys facing each other.
 
User avatar
FlightLevel360
Posts: 406
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:26 pm

Re: JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:49 pm

They have new registration format now? (4 numbers + J)
To me, it will always be:
- Bombardier CSeries
- Airbus A321neoLR and A321neoXLR
- EMBRACER ERJ-170, ERJ-175, ERJ-190, and ERJ-195
- MITSUBUSHI MRJ

Anti narrowbody-long range-twinjet gang. Long live the A380 and 747!
 
Bricktop
Posts: 1491
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:04 am

Re: JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:51 pm

Landing 22 so I won't see it today. :(
 
Vladex
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:44 pm

Re: JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:04 pm

Slash787 wrote:
Can you post some pictures


https://aibfamily.flights/A320/8823
 
User avatar
aemoreira1981
Posts: 3569
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 am

Re: JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:21 pm

I just left the TWA Hotel, where a number of local planespotters, including myself, were awaiting it at the rooftop pool and bar. I’m glad that JetBlue went for activating all exits. With the hotel, the airport has become very spotter friendly when looking out to 04/22.

This plane should be in the air now to LCQ. I do wonder if the LR frames will have R3/L3 deactivated.
 
SoCalFlyer
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:16 am

Re: JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:25 am

Wasn’t the removal of the 2L/R door to allow more seating and still keep legroom. I thought I recall reading that with those doors gone that space can provide extra rows. If so then isn’t that floor space being left behind? My only thinking is maybe they won’t add the extra rows is because they’d have to add another FlIght attendant.
 
User avatar
aemoreira1981
Posts: 3569
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 am

Re: JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:47 am

SoCalFlyer wrote:
Wasn’t the removal of the 2L/R door to allow more seating and still keep legroom. I thought I recall reading that with those doors gone that space can provide extra rows. If so then isn’t that floor space being left behind? My only thinking is maybe they won’t add the extra rows is because they’d have to add another FlIght attendant.


Precisely! B6 wants to keep the A21N at 4 flight attendants. However, it also eliminates an awkward jump seat.
 
catiii
Posts: 3578
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:18 am

Re: JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:13 am

CobaltScar wrote:
Its a much better configuration for comfort than the current 321's. It will have a bathroom mid cabin and I think one of those mid cabin self serve drink/snack stations like the mint planes have. One less mid cabin awkward jumpseat too.

If only the whole fleet could be standardized though. Way too many configs and aircraft types now.


A whole 7 configs and 4 aircraft types. Pretty minimal actually.
 
catiii
Posts: 3578
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:18 am

Re: JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:38 am

Slash787 wrote:
Can you post some pictures


Two good pics here:

https://twitter.com/shaquilleakhan/stat ... 57056?s=21

The name is painted on it yet.
 
airzona11
Posts: 1752
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:44 am

Re: JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:47 am

Are all the exits activated or just painted ? Does their seating arrangement require all the exits? Doesn’t seem that dense.
 
AA94
Posts: 752
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:37 am

Re: JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:18 am

FlightLevel360 wrote:
They have new registration format now? (4 numbers + J)


Indeed. All A2N1s will be in N2XXXJ format. Not sure about the A220 fleet just yet.
 
caleb1
Posts: 548
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:51 am

Re: JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:30 am

Is this aircraft capable of BUR or, if B6 flew there, SNA transcons fully loaded?
 
Bradin
Posts: 359
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:12 am

Re: JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:35 am

CobaltScar wrote:
Its a much better configuration for comfort than the current 321's. It will have a bathroom mid cabin and I think one of those mid cabin self serve drink/snack stations like the mint planes have. One less mid cabin awkward jumpseat too.

If only the whole fleet could be standardized though. Way too many configs and aircraft types now.


Was it my imagination that at one point there were bathrooms mid cabin on JetBlue's A321s?
 
B6JFKH81
Posts: 2169
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:35 am

Re: JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:43 am

Bradin wrote:
CobaltScar wrote:
Its a much better configuration for comfort than the current 321's. It will have a bathroom mid cabin and I think one of those mid cabin self serve drink/snack stations like the mint planes have. One less mid cabin awkward jumpseat too.

If only the whole fleet could be standardized though. Way too many configs and aircraft types now.


Was it my imagination that at one point there were bathrooms mid cabin on JetBlue's A321s?


On Mint A321s, yes. There is a lav and marketplace aft of the Mint Class area.

On all-core, no. 1 lav by L1, and 3 in the aft.
"If you do not learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it"
 
User avatar
aemoreira1981
Posts: 3569
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 am

Re: JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:21 am

airzona11 wrote:
Are all the exits activated or just painted ? Does their seating arrangement require all the exits? Doesn’t seem that dense.


More than 195 seats requires doors R3/L3 to be activated. While JetBlue plans to own its examples (barring a sale-leaseback), this could provide secondhand value down the line. More surprising is that British Airways has the maximum capacity with only one overwing exit active.

I do wonder if the LR frames will have doors R3/L3 plugged or active (having them active would provide fleet flexibility).

Today (June 29) was full of heat haze. Hopefully next time, I can get better shots without the haze.
 
crownvic
Posts: 2688
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:16 pm

Re: JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:10 am

Where does the individual "Blue" aircraft name under the cockpit get applied? Does anyone know it's name?
 
User avatar
FlightLevel360
Posts: 406
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:26 pm

Re: JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:50 pm

AA94 wrote:
FlightLevel360 wrote:
They have new registration format now? (4 numbers + J)


Indeed. All A2N1s will be in N2XXXJ format. Not sure about the A220 fleet just yet.


A jetBlue employee just told me that the CS300/100 (they might convert some orders to the smaller) will have the N1###J format.
To me, it will always be:
- Bombardier CSeries
- Airbus A321neoLR and A321neoXLR
- EMBRACER ERJ-170, ERJ-175, ERJ-190, and ERJ-195
- MITSUBUSHI MRJ

Anti narrowbody-long range-twinjet gang. Long live the A380 and 747!
 
FARmd90
Posts: 365
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Re: JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:39 pm

I have some photos of the interior. But I don’t know how to post pics from a mobile device
 
User avatar
itripreport
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:36 pm

Re: JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:16 pm

FARmd90 wrote:
I have some photos of the interior. But I don’t know how to post pics from a mobile device


Do you have Imgur? upload them through there, and paste the shareable forum link. Or post them on twitter?
 
FARmd90
Posts: 365
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Re: JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:48 pm

itripreport wrote:
FARmd90 wrote:
I have some photos of the interior. But I don’t know how to post pics from a mobile device


Do you have Imgur? upload them through there, and paste the shareable forum link. Or post them on twitter?


I can try the imgur route later when I have time.
 
by738
Posts: 3101
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2000 7:59 am

Re: JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:10 pm

aemoreira1981 wrote:
More surprising is that British Airways has the maximum capacity with only one overwing exit active


Maybe with their Club Europe Cabin and blocked middle seat its nowhere near maximum
 
Weatherwatcher1
Posts: 523
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:14 pm

Re: JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:50 am

Glad to see it finally deliver. Originally 9 A321neos were supposed to be delivered in 2018 but production delays got that pushed back. Airbus is committed to deliver at least 6 of the 13 scheduled for delivery this year.

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/artic ... el-455266/
 
User avatar
itripreport
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:36 pm

Re: JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:58 am

FARmd90 wrote:
itripreport wrote:
FARmd90 wrote:
I have some photos of the interior. But I don’t know how to post pics from a mobile device


Do you have Imgur? upload them through there, and paste the shareable forum link. Or post them on twitter?


I can try the imgur route later when I have time.


Hey man did you ever figure out how to upload the photo? Lol sorry, I'm just quite curious to see how the cabin looks like from the inside
 
TriniA340
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:12 am

Re: JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:40 am

Any idea when is service entry & what are the initial routes? (I know GYE for sure, but that starts in Dec). Or will these simply be integrated into the mint-less A321 network?
· longer · larger · farther · faster · higher · quieter · smoother ·
 
FARmd90
Posts: 365
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Re: JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:43 pm

itripreport wrote:
FARmd90 wrote:
itripreport wrote:

Do you have Imgur? upload them through there, and paste the shareable forum link. Or post them on twitter?


I can try the imgur route later when I have time.


Hey man did you ever figure out how to upload the photo? Lol sorry, I'm just quite curious to see how the cabin looks like from the inside


https://imgur.com/a/SCiSRiR
Hoping this works!!! Keep in mind this wasn’t a scheduled viewing as the plane had just landed from Germany on a quick stop in JFK before flying out to get fitted with the IFE and I just happened to be in the right place at the right time and was able to go down and take a quick look. So the photos were rushed a little.
 
User avatar
itripreport
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:36 pm

Re: JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:26 pm

Yeah its alright, thank you so much for taking the time to do this. I'm definitely in love with those wooden finishes JetBlue installed in the Pantry. Gives the cabin a more warmer feeling. Thanks again, can't wait to see this for myself some day
 
FARmd90
Posts: 365
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Re: JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:31 pm

itripreport wrote:
Yeah its alright, thank you so much for taking the time to do this. I'm definitely in love with those wooden finishes JetBlue installed in the Pantry. Gives the cabin a more warmer feeling. Thanks again, can't wait to see this for myself some day


Yeah I was very impressed with what jetblue did with the cabin and the small details. I’d be happy to do a 7hr flight in this plane. It already makes the current 321s feel old!!
Last edited by FARmd90 on Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
tphuang
Posts: 5173
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:37 pm

wow, these are definitely good shots. The interiors look very nice and modern.
 
jetbluefan1
Posts: 3309
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:39 am

Re: JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:24 pm

FARmd90 wrote:
itripreport wrote:
FARmd90 wrote:

I can try the imgur route later when I have time.


Hey man did you ever figure out how to upload the photo? Lol sorry, I'm just quite curious to see how the cabin looks like from the inside


https://imgur.com/a/SCiSRiR
Hoping this works!!! Keep in mind this wasn’t a scheduled viewing as the plane had just landed from Germany on a quick stop in JFK before flying out to get fitted with the IFE and I just happened to be in the right place at the right time and was able to go down and take a quick look. So the photos were rushed a little.


Thanks for posting! Love the wooden finishes and seeing the newest seating & IFE on the A321. Looks great!
 
catiii
Posts: 3578
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:18 am

Re: JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:26 pm

crownvic wrote:
Where does the individual "Blue" aircraft name under the cockpit get applied? Does anyone know it's name?


There’s a naming ceremony planned for August (ish).
 
User avatar
GE90man
Posts: 221
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:10 pm

Re: JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:42 pm

FARmd90 wrote:
itripreport wrote:
FARmd90 wrote:

I can try the imgur route later when I have time.


Hey man did you ever figure out how to upload the photo? Lol sorry, I'm just quite curious to see how the cabin looks like from the inside


https://imgur.com/a/SCiSRiR
Hoping this works!!! Keep in mind this wasn’t a scheduled viewing as the plane had just landed from Germany on a quick stop in JFK before flying out to get fitted with the IFE and I just happened to be in the right place at the right time and was able to go down and take a quick look. So the photos were rushed a little.


Looks awesome! How did you manage to get onboard? Do you work for jetBlue?
 
NASBWI
Posts: 981
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:12 am

Re: JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:51 pm

catiii wrote:
crownvic wrote:
Where does the individual "Blue" aircraft name under the cockpit get applied? Does anyone know it's name?


There’s a naming ceremony planned for August (ish).


There were rumors floating around that the first NEO would bear a non-blue-themed name: David Neeleman, keeping in line with the few other aircraft named after people that were instrumental in jetBlue's success (Luiz Kahl - E190, Usto Schulz - E190, Ann Rhoades - A321)

Luiz Kahl was the chairman of the Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority (and most likely helped with B6's launch to BUF back in 2000)
Usto Schulz is B6's former VP of safety
Ann Rhoades is a founding executive and former board member

As for where the names are placed: on the A320/321, you will find it underneath the rear flight deck windows, just below and in front of the L1/R1 floor line.
Fierce, Fabulous, and Flawless ;)
 
User avatar
WALmsp
Posts: 291
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:39 pm

Re: JetBlue Taking Delivery Of First A321NEO

Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:05 pm

Have they given a name to the tail design?
In memory of my Dad, Robert "Bob" Fenrich, WAL 1964-1979, MSP ONT LAX

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos