qf789
Topic Author

Indian Aviation Thread - July 2019

Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:58 pm

Welcome to Indian Aviation Thread July 2019. Please continue to add your comments below.

Link to last thread

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1423773&p=21478317#p21478317
Forum Moderator

edealinfo

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - July 2019

Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:01 pm

Turkey has been pushing for an increase in civil aviation bilateral rights and managed to slip in the discussion when Moody met the Turkish President at the G20 summit.

https://www.financialexpress.com/defenc ... e/1622998/

However, given Turkish ideological closeness to Pak on Kash, there is zero chance that the Indian side would budge. complicating the issue is the Turkish demand sor numerous additional daily frequencies (in which world are they living??).

Given the geo-political issue, I think the only chance that Turkey has on increasing rights is to ask for just 1 additional daily flight and specifically to Amritsar. Why Amritsar? Because there are a gazillions of Punjabis/Siks in far corners of the world (and Turkish has a really large network across the world) looking for cheap flights to Amritsar. But more so because the Indian Civil Aviation Minister represents Amritsar and if he has to concede, he would do where it helps him politically. Of course, Turkish has to be creative and get the Amritsar trade association and the Golden Temp leaders to lean on the minister and build the pressure which will make it easier for him to support such a decision.

In allowing a new flight to Amritsar, India should also change the bilateral from the current 2X daily to one based on seat counts. This will make 6 Indigo flights (narrow bodied) equivalent to 3 Turkish flights (wide bodied). This way, the minister could also pitch the new arrangement as an "improvement" over the existing bilateral which favored Turkish in the sense that they flew in wide body aircraft and India only flies a narrow body which is disadvantageous when the bilateral is based on frequency not seat counts.

DO YOU AGREE WITH MY POSITION?

unrave

Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:24 pm

Last month's Indian aviation thread ran into a record 18 pages. Good job!
Denial of racism is as egregious as racism itself

anshabhi

Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:54 pm

COEWR787 wrote:

Any further news on the Pakistan airspace transit situation?

It's extended till mid July
http://caapakistan.com.pk/NOTAMS/NotamView.aspx

edealinfo

Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:56 pm

unrave wrote:

You mean I was 14 of the 18 pages, ha ha. This month FlightReporter will take that role, ha ha

lightsaber

Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:01 pm

edealinfo wrote:
Turkey has been pushing for an increase in civil aviation bilateral rights and managed to slip in the discussion when Moody met the Turkish President at the G20 summit.

https://www.financialexpress.com/defenc ... e/1622998/

However, given Turkish ideological closeness to Pak on Kash, there is zero chance that the Indian side would budge. complicating the issue is the Turkish demand sor numerous additional daily frequencies (in which world are they living??).

Given the geo-political issue, I think the only chance that Turkey has on increasing rights is to ask for just 1 additional daily flight and specifically to Amritsar. Why Amritsar? Because there are a gazillions of Punjabis/Siks in far corners of the world (and Turkish has a really large network across the world) looking for cheap flights to Amritsar. But more so because the Indian Civil Aviation Minister represents Amritsar and if he has to concede, he would do where it helps him politically. Of course, Turkish has to be creative and get the Amritsar trade association and the Golden Temp leaders to lean on the minister and build the pressure which will make it easier for him to support such a decision.

In allowing a new flight to Amritsar, India should also change the bilateral from the current 2X daily to one based on seat counts. This will make 6 Indigo flights (narrow bodied) equivalent to 3 Turkish flights (wide bodied). This way, the minister could also pitch the new arrangement as an "improvement" over the existing bilateral which favored Turkish in the sense that they flew in wide body aircraft and India only flies a narrow body which is disadvantageous when the bilateral is based on frequency not seat counts.

DO YOU AGREE WITH MY POSITION?

Actually, no, I do not agree. Bilaterals are far more than air service rights. Out if curiosity, what is India asking for? Why would Turkey give up anything else for such restrictive rights?

They will negotiate and come back with a middle ground. Or everything stays as is.

India needs help with Pakistan. Turkey could obviously influence them. So more opening of air service in the bilateral is required. This is give me something I want for something you want.

Or not.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

edealinfo

Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:17 pm

Turkey will not yield on Pak, period. How could they ever as they are vying for leadership in the Muslim world just as Saudi and Iran are --- the only difference is that they claim they are not hypocrites. They are for self-determination of the people of Kash which doesn't favor India, which ironically espouses democracy. Anyway, l don't want to get into political discussions ......I am just outlining the framework of why India cannot expect a change from Turkey on Kash, specifically.

A report I read several months ago indicated that Turkey wanted further access to 10 cities (or 6, I just can't remember). But that is like asking for the moon. India would never agree to it because they possibly view Turkish Airlines like the ME3. However, I wouldn't want India blocking all rights which means higher airfares for the Indian public. All I am saying is that it would be relatively harmless to allow an extra flight from Turkish but it is only realistically feasible for Amritsar. If Turkish asks for BLR, Indian carriers would object and create a stink in the media of the Turkey, Pak and Kash alliance. If it is Amritsar, they will keep their mouth shut since they wouldn't want to get in the bad books of the minister (in other words, they "will understand" of the minister's internal/domestic political need for it; after all he represents Amritsar and in the past, trade associations and the Golden Temp folk have written letters asking for it -- that was 2 years ago -- they need to write fresh letters).

So, in a nutshell, I think it all boils down to either Turkish getting an extra flight to Amritsar specifically or no additional flights at all. What would you pick?

lightsaber wrote:
Why would Turkey give up anything else for such restrictive rights? They will negotiate and come back with a middle ground. Or everything stays as is. Lightsaber

Well, Turkey would be getting 1 additional daily flight so it is an improvement over what they have currently. They aren't losing anything. India would gain in terms of the bilateral changing from frequency to a seat count that represents 3 wide body aircraft so Indigo cam make full use of 6 flights to its international code-share partner Turkish connecting India to the world, while other Indian carriers gradually work to build their international presence. India shouldn't wait for other Indian carriers to take their own sweet time. This is a fair stop-gap/ ad hoc arrangement

edealinfo

Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:42 pm

Found it:

As I said, asking for the moon, ruling things out completely

1. Turkish Airlines currently is flying 14 times a week and it wants to increase the frequency to 70 times a week.
2. Turkish Airlines plans to expand its operations in India with direct flights to Chennai, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Amritsar and Bengaluru. It also plans to double its operations in Mumbai and Delhi.

https://www.thehindubusinessline.com/ec ... 664558.ece

Blerg

Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:45 pm

edealinfo wrote:
Found it:

1. Turkish Airlines currently is flying 14 times a week and it wants to increase the frequency to 70 times a week.
2. Turkish Airlines plans to expand its operations in India with direct flights to Chennai, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Amritsar and Bengaluru. It also plans to double its operations in Mumbai and Delhi.

I wonder how many of those extra/new flights would be on A321neo and how many on widebodies.

edealinfo

Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:28 pm

Blerg wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
Found it:

I wonder how many of those extra/new flights would be on A321neo and how many on widebodies.

I think it is moot. India is NOT likely to extend bilateral rights for the reasons I outlined in this thread. In a best case case scenario, Turkey will get an additional 2X daily. More likely it will either be no increase at all......... BUT if the Golden T religious folk and business people of Amritsar apply enough and PERSISTENT pressure (to be sustained in the media) then possibly 1X extra. That's why I am rooting for it because the alternative is the status quo.

Note that Turkish tried several "tricks" to entice India to expand the bilateral including getting in bed with Air India. But Air India couldn't "perform" [for them in expanding the bilateral]. Indigo presumably has more clout but in my mind, the real clout is with the business and religious people of Amritsar, and their ability to convince the Civil Aviation Minister how good it will be for Amritsar and for the minister's political prospects. Will they rise to the occasion? This is the CRITICAL piece.

If Amritsar does come on board, it will likely be on the A321 as it is not as big of a market as DEL or BOM.

edealinfo

Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:01 am

This is an example of why politics plays a role in Indian aviation.

"Jagan Stops Naidu's Fancy Flight!"

the direct flight services between Vijayawada to Singapore will not be operating, as the YSR Congress government has not shown any interest in renewing the Viability Gap Funding (VGF) agreement with Indigo Airliines.

The agreement was signed by the previous Telugu Desam Party government headed by N Chandrababu Naidu, who had gone out of the way to appease the Singapore government which is playing a key role in the development of Amaravati.

https://www.greatandhra.com/politics/an ... ight-97885

edealinfo

Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:04 am

Air India Express plane stuck in Mangalore -- pictures and video

How long do you think it will take to get the aircraft back in operation?

https://www.daijiworld.com/news/newsDis ... sID=601297

edealinfo

Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:06 am

International flights from Pune drop by 50%

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cit ... 016060.cms

edealinfo

Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:21 am

UAE India flight costs increase by 50%

Interesting to read that Jet had 11 flights to Abu Dhabi and 4 flights to Dubai. [I thought they had more to DXB].

Anyway, 11 flights to AUH are a lot. Assuming the aircraft had on average 160 seats, 80% occupancy and 50% transfer traffic to Etihad, this would mean that Etihad lost 1,400 transfer passengers a day one way, 2,800 round trip; approx 10,000 a week or 20,000 round trip; and about 500,000 a year one way or about a million passengers (round trip) connecting transfers. How large of a loss of passengers is this to Etihad?

https://www.khaleejtimes.com/nation/dub ... dia-sector

edealinfo

Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:25 am

Prior to Jet's downfall, Mumbai operated 950 daily flights. Post Jet it dropped 650. Now it is back up to 850. Just 100 more to go -- I suspect most of these may be former Jet capacity that the government has not yet allotted to any other carrier.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/airlines ... Fv2wJ.html

edealinfo

Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:52 am

UPCOMING NEWS

In 24 hours, Vistara will release its July in flight magazine issue (link below). The route map will indicate whether it will add new routes or stations in July (they are getting at least five 737-800 NG in July alone so it will be interesting where they intend to use them.)

https://www.airvistara.com/trip/inflight-magazine

edealinfo

Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:01 am

https://www.cnbctv18.com/infrastructure ... 853341.htm

While the story indicates business interference the political angle is not lost:

"Social activist Sanjay Chaturvedi said that even as dozens of smaller centres were air connected, it was shocking that the Yogi Adityanath government in Uttar Pradesh failed to connect Agra -- the only city with three world heritage monuments -- with major Indian cities under the Udaan scheme despite a formal clearance and announcement."

edealinfo

Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:18 am

Air India has to repay 9,000 crores in principal-related loan payments this year. So, how does it repay the amount is it has made huge losses and has no money to repay the principal? Really simple answer. Borrow more money to repay the prior loan! [And, do this over and over again over the years and ensure the circle of life for the company and it employees].

By the way, isn't this technique called a Ponzi scheme?

"Air India to raise Rs 22,000 cr from bond market, restructure balance sheet"

https://www.business-standard.com/artic ... 664_1.html

unrave

Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:12 am

edealinfo wrote:
Air India has to repay 9,000 crores in principal-related loan payments this year. So, how does it repay the amount is it has made huge losses and has no money to repay the principal? Really simple answer. Borrow more money to repay the prior loan! [And, do this over and over again over the years and ensure the circle of life for the company and it employees].

By the way, isn't this technique called a Ponzi scheme?

"Air India to raise Rs 22,000 cr from bond market, restructure balance sheet"

https://www.business-standard.com/artic ... 664_1.html

No, this is called roll over of debt. Companies do this all the time.

mandargb

Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:10 am

There is a report Air India Express IX384, skidding off runway @Mangalore airport, during landing.
Plane involved is VT-AYA (737).
183 people SAFE.

killswitch13

Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:57 am

AI planning to start operations to Taiwan, Mauritius and Vietnam soon
Last edited by killswitch13 on Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

lightsaber

Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:07 am

edealinfo wrote:
Turkey will not yield on Pak, period. How could they ever as they are vying for leadership in the Muslim world just as Saudi and Iran are --- the only difference is that they claim they are not hypocrites. They are for self-determination of the people of Kash which doesn't favor India, which ironically espouses democracy. Anyway, l don't want to get into political discussions ......I am just outlining the framework of why India cannot expect a change from Turkey on Kash, specifically.

A report I read several months ago indicated that Turkey wanted further access to 10 cities (or 6, I just can't remember). But that is like asking for the moon. India would never agree to it because they possibly view Turkish Airlines like the ME3. However, I wouldn't want India blocking all rights which means higher airfares for the Indian public. All I am saying is that it would be relatively harmless to allow an extra flight from Turkish but it is only realistically feasible for Amritsar. If Turkish asks for BLR, Indian carriers would object and create a stink in the media of the Turkey, Pak and Kash alliance. If it is Amritsar, they will keep their mouth shut since they wouldn't want to get in the bad books of the minister (in other words, they "will understand" of the minister's internal/domestic political need for it; after all he represents Amritsar and in the past, trade associations and the Golden Temp folk have written letters asking for it -- that was 2 years ago -- they need to write fresh letters).

So, in a nutshell, I think it all boils down to either Turkish getting an extra flight to Amritsar specifically or no additional flights at all. What would you pick?

lightsaber wrote:
Why would Turkey give up anything else for such restrictive rights? They will negotiate and come back with a middle ground. Or everything stays as is. Lightsaber

Well, Turkey would be getting 1 additional daily flight so it is an improvement over what they have currently. They aren't losing anything. India would gain in terms of the bilateral changing from frequency to a seat count that represents 3 wide body aircraft so Indigo cam make full use of 6 flights to its international code-share partner Turkish connecting India to the world, while other Indian carriers gradually work to build their international presence. India shouldn't wait for other Indian carriers to take their own sweet time. This is a fair stop-gap/ ad hoc arrangement

As I stated before, I do not think Turkey will modify the non-aviation portion of the bilateral for so little. Better to be patient.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

CPS001

Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:11 am

killswitch13 wrote:
AI planning to start operations to Taiwan, Myanmar, Mauritius and Vietnam soon
AI already serves Myanmar (Yangon).

ameya

Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:53 am

Despite its international ambitions, IndiGo is still an Indian airline. Here’s why

IndiGo, India’s largest airline by fleet and domestic market share, has made no secret of its international ambitions. From expressing interest in the widebody operations of Air India to launching flights to Istanbul and code sharing with Turkish Airlines, the airline has been aggressively trying to fill in the space that existed even when Jet Airways was in operation. Ronojoy Dutta, the airline’s CEO, made some interesting comments about international operations during an interview with CNBC-TV18.

With Jet Airways as good as gone after the suspension of services on April 17, there is a void which needs to be filled. IndiGo seems to be willing to do it, albeit conditionally. The conditions are internal and driven by focus on profitability, going by the interview of the CEO, which bode well for the shareholders of the company.

At its peak, Jet Airways had more than 50 percent of its revenues generated by international operations. However, Jet operated wide-body aircraft which deploy far higher capacity in Available Seat Kilometers (ASKs) than the narrow-body aircraft that IndiGo uses to operate in shorter sectors.

edealinfo

Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:45 pm

FligtReporter wrote:
killswitch13 wrote:

Seems like before the final collapse or Divestment of AI the babus wanna make sure they and their families fly out to as many amazing destinations for free as possible like a MAHARAJAH on tax money.

AI already flies to Yangon from GAY and CCU and why on the planet they wanna start flying to Mauritius and taiwan when China airlines and Air Mauritius are flying to India already especially Mauritius cause AM connects Chennai,Banaglore,Delhi and Mumbai to Mauritius so God knows if we will ever see AI making profits or flying on its own wings or not.

Air India, 2 months ago, had about 23 grounded aircraft (for lack of spare parts, etc). Now that the plan was to bring those planes “online”, they need destinations to fly to. This is the reason so many new routes are being announced.

edealinfo

Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:05 pm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.economic ... 017183.cms

Tata seems to be taking a strong interest in pursuing Jet assets; says demand for capacity is unfulfilled.

Per the report, Jet supposedly has 14 aircraft in its fleet. This seems odd because just a few days ago they said they had only 5 aircraft in possession.

Government has extended the temporary allocation of Jet’s slots through December by which time NCLAT proceedings are expected to end.

Vistara is in such a rush to get new aircraft that it has asked suppliers to expedite delivery of aircraft

FligtReporter

Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:06 pm

edealinfo wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:
killswitch13 wrote:

Seems like before the final collapse or Divestment of AI the babus wanna make sure they and their families fly out to as many amazing destinations for free as possible like a MAHARAJAH on tax money.

AI already flies to Yangon from GAY and CCU and why on the planet they wanna start flying to Mauritius and taiwan when China airlines and Air Mauritius are flying to India already especially Mauritius cause AM connects Chennai,Banaglore,Delhi and Mumbai to Mauritius so God knows if we will ever see AI making profits or flying on its own wings or not.

Air India, 2 months ago, had about 23 grounded aircraft (for lack of spare parts, etc). Now that the plan was to bring those planes “online”, they need destinations to fly to. This is the reason so many new routes are being announced.

Yeps i totally understand that and thats why its more sad because AI's chances of being divested are as good as Canada's chances are of winning the cricket WC and that means the tax payers money will probably keep on going down the drain for another billion years probably :lol:

Cause they cant shut down the airline,They cant find the buyers cause no one wants it except the slots and the drama might continue till next General elections.

FligtReporter

Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:18 pm

edealinfo wrote:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.economictimes.com/industry/transportation/airlines-/-aviation/with-jet-in-nclt-hangar-assets-on-tata-radar/amp_articleshow/70017183.cms

Tata seems to be taking a strong interest in pursuing Jet assets; says demand for capacity is unfulfilled.

Per the report, Jet supposedly has 14 aircraft in its fleet. This seems odd because just a few days ago they said they had only 5 aircraft in possession.

Government has extended the temporary allocation of Jet’s slots through December by which time NCLAT proceedings are expected to end.

Vistara is in such a rush to get new aircraft that it has asked suppliers to expedite delivery of aircraft

I wonder if they are able to fill up their planes especially their 3 Class 320s.I hope they put these 3 Class configs on Mid haul intl sectors like SIN,DXB,KTM,CMB,BKK etc however if they are getting great returns in all three classes then fine.

hohd

Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:31 pm

Indigo is now operating DEL-IST, however this flight has a stop in both directions, how many would fly on this aircraft and then connect at IST to an European or US city when there are myriad 1 stop and many nonstop options (especially to Europe) from DEL. Also Turkey cannot expect anything from India except may be Amritsar service (perhaps 3 times weekly) and even for that India would expect something in return may be 5th freedom for Indian carriers beyond IST. I hope India does not give in to Turkey on any further increase except for may be limited service to Amritsar with strings attached.

Both India and Turkey count Iran as an ally so there could be something in common here perhaps for additional negotiations or Turkey could serve as an intermediary for opening up Pakistan air space. Right now there are no negotiations taking place and it is quite possible this restriction could go on for many months, even years, which would effectively kill United and Delta nonstops to India.

unrave

Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:22 pm

hohd wrote:
Right now there are no negotiations taking place

Nope, India continues to engage with Pakistan through diplomatic channels and I am fairly certain opening of the airspace is one of the issues being discussed.

binayak

Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:39 pm

FligtReporter wrote:

Yeps i totally understand that and thats why its more sad because AI's chances of being divested are as good as Canada's chances are of winning the cricket WC and that means the tax payers money will probably keep on going down the drain for another billion years probably :lol:

Kindly stop making such kind of analogies which point at a particular country . This isn't the first time you're doing this and you've done it earlier with Pakistan , now with Canada . This forum is visited by users worldwide so that might not be liked by all .
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today

YouGeeElWhy

Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:27 pm

unrave wrote:
hohd wrote:
Right now there are no negotiations taking place

Nope, India continues to engage with Pakistan through diplomatic channels and I am fairly certain opening of the airspace is one of the issues being discussed.
The main sticking point right is related to the Indian Government not agreeing that they would not carry out attacks that led to this current situation with the airspace closure and I also assume there is some kind of agreement that Pakistan would work harder to control the areas and the groups that the Indian Airforce attacked. Am I wrong here? If not then I am skeptical those issues will be solved in any way that would satisfy the GOI.

YouGeeElWhy

Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:35 pm

hohd wrote:
Indigo is now operating DEL-IST, however this flight has a stop in both directions, how many would fly on this aircraft and then connect at IST to an European or US city when there are myriad 1 stop and many nonstop options (especially to Europe) from DEL. Also Turkey cannot expect anything from India except may be Amritsar service (perhaps 3 times weekly) and even for that India would expect something in return may be 5th freedom for Indian carriers beyond IST. I hope India does not give in to Turkey on any further increase except for may be limited service to Amritsar with strings attached.
I know this is not popular, but I wish India would follow Brazil in the steps they have taken recently to open up air service. Getting more people at a cheaper price into India would serve the greater good than protecting AI. Brazil knows this and many other countries know this, but Brazil is the most applicable example when comparing India.

edealinfo

Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:50 pm

Spicejet to take on even more ex-Jet 737s as the 737 max won’t be operational until December

They won’t suffer as a result of MAX because they will get compensation from Boeing. A case of having one’s cake and eating it too?

They may also be going after more Jet planes to deny it to the competition— Vistara , and a possible revived Jet

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livemi ... 02592.html

edealinfo

Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:57 pm

Even though Air India was awarded Jet’s Pune Singapore slot, it will just sit on it and not operate it.
The Government shouldn’t allow slot sitting! After how many days of not operating a flight, as intended, does the slot go back to the Government to be reallocated? didn’t the Government recently say that if an airline doesn’t start operations within 30 of the specified intended date, the slot would be reallocated? Can someone confirm this as well as confirming whether this would apply to Air India or do they have special rights for slot-sitting

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.timesofi ... 031907.cms
Last edited by edealinfo on Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lightsaber

Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:59 pm

edealinfo wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:
killswitch13 wrote:

Keeping an aircraft certified isn't free. Lease payments are still paid. Every grounded widebody was throwing away a million USD per month. It is better to sell at a loss than hold on too long.

A grounded narrowbody is less. Perhaps $40,000 plus lease payments per month. There is a reason Airlines are benchmarked on utilization.

Lightsaber

edealinfo

Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:26 am

edealinfo wrote:
UPCOMING NEWS

In 24 hours, Vistara will release its July in flight magazine issue (link below). The route map will indicate whether it will add new routes or stations in July (they are getting at least five 737-800 NG in July alone so it will be interesting where they intend to use them.)

https://www.airvistara.com/trip/inflight-magazine

The latest issue is up. The number of flights (170) and destinations (24) for July 2019 are identical to what it was in June 2019 despite additional aircraft. I can understand that they may not want to increase the destinations but why are the # of flights the same despite more aircraft? Are some planes headed for maintenance checks and if so how long do they typically last?

edealinfo

Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:01 am

binayak wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:

Kindly stop making such kind of analogies which point at a particular country . This isn't the first time you're doing this and you've done it earlier with Pakistan , now with Canada . This forum is visited by users worldwide so that might not be liked by all .

RELAX! FlightReporter was just adding some about some humor on these forum. And, Canadians are highly unlikely to be offended about some silly cricket match. Do you even realize that 99.99% of Canadians don't even play cricket, and 99.98% don't even know what the game is?

FligtReporter

Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:08 am

edealinfo wrote:
binayak wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:

RELAX! FlightReporter was just adding some about some humor on these forum. And, Canadians are highly unlikely to be offended about some silly cricket match. Do you even realize that 99.99% of Canadians don't even play cricket, and 99.98% don't even know what the game is?

Yeps you got it right bruh..Except the desi population everybody loves Hockey or Basketball in Canada/US..they ain't got no time for that !!

But it seems like a crime here to even try to be a lill happy mode...some people need to take a chill pill

FligtReporter

Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:15 am

Spicejet plane overshoots the runway in Mumbai due to heavy rains today in the early hours I reckon...wasnt it just like a day ago or two when Spicejet aircraft overshot runway at Surat if I aint mistaken..?

https://wap.business-standard.com/artic ... 068_1.html

Ok Spice you gotta get rid of 'em bus drivers ASAP cause it ain doin no good for your already brandless reputation.

edealinfo

Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:03 am

FligtReporter wrote:
Spicejet plane overshoots the runway in Mumbai due to heavy rains today in the early hours I reckon...wasnt it just like a day ago or two when Spicejet aircraft overshot runway at Surat if I aint mistaken..?

Ok Spice you gotta get rid of 'em bus drivers ASAP cause it ain doin no good for your already brandless reputation.

Separately, I also read that a SpiceJet plane had a tailstrike yesterday.

I wonder is this is a result of inadequate training or experience or both.

YouGeeElWhy

Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:18 am

edealinfo wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:

737 and runway overrun is basically a meme on a.net

FligtReporter

Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:04 am

edealinfo wrote:
FligtReporter wrote:

I think both inad trainin and Lack of exp.

piedmontf284000

Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:00 am

AI will not be able to pay it's employees past October. The employees were paid 10 days late in May. They still haven't been paid for June. Morale has got to be in the toilet.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/in ... t=bigimage

FligtReporter

Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:04 am

piedmontf284000 wrote:
AI will not be able to pay it's employees past October. The employees were paid 10 days late in May. They still haven't been paid for June. Morale has got to be in the toilet.

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/in ... t=bigimage

Why dont the GOV just shuts it down for Nation's sake...but I guess thats a zillion dollar question no one has the answer to.

I wonder if the gov is ready to even fly AI at the cost of selling their own kidneys and hearts and eyes if it came down to keep it flying for that matter...Likes its insane how much AI has eaten the hard earned tax money of the people of India and I believe now its hard time gov should just shut it down with all the due payments of employees and Thats it.

spr773

Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:11 am

Does Indigo have plans to acquire wide-bodies ? I think they are flying their A321s to HK. If they do wish to go further will they go like Air Asia X which has widebodies but is still in LCC ?

unrave

Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:19 am

spr773 wrote:
Does Indigo have plans to acquire wide-bodies ? I think they are flying their A321s to HK. If they do wish to go further will they go like Air Asia X which has widebodies but is still in LCC ?

They have spoken about acquiring widebodies, but unlikely to happen anytime soon. I think there are ongoing discussions between IndiGo and Airbus/Boeing to strike a good deal.

VTCIE

Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:13 am

ET is in talks to start ADD–MAA this year. ET already serves MAA as a cargo destination.
https://twitter.com/UpdatesChennai/stat ... 72416?s=19
In grieving remembrance of the thousands of people who lost their lives on ET-AVJ, PK-LQP, XA-UHZ, S2-AGU, CP-2933, SU-GCC, EI-ETJ, D-AIPX, PK-AXC, 9M-MRD, VT-AXV and above all 9M-MRO, besides many more. Your deaths are not in vain. Safety first, always.

killswitch13

Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:16 am

edealinfo wrote:
Even though Air India was awarded Jet’s Pune Singapore slot, it will just sit on it and not operate it.
The Government shouldn’t allow slot sitting! After how many days of not operating a flight, as intended, does the slot go back to the Government to be reallocated? didn’t the Government recently say that if an airline doesn’t start operations within 30 of the specified intended date, the slot would be reallocated? Can someone confirm this as well as confirming whether this would apply to Air India or do they have special rights for slot-sitting

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.timesofi ... 031907.cms

When those fools fly with an A321(downgraded from a B788) from the financial capital, I don't expect them to start this flight anytime soon.

swapcv

Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:17 am

unrave wrote:
that's because our Aviation sector is set to become the second largest by the end of the next decade.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos