seahawk wrote:Amiga500 wrote:seahawk wrote:When the FAA has given the green light there is no reason for others to ground the plane.The whole industry suffers if the leading authorities start second guessing each other. So unless the FAA has rejected reasonable concerns by EASA, the EASA should not delay.
Ahh, a change of bait.
Still, don't try too hard - otherwise the waters are muddied and you'll not catch much.
I think it is a serious concern. Nobody is helped by leading authorities mistrusting each other. If the FAA handles the EASA concerns in reasonable and professional matter, EASA should not delay their decision. Nobody should want to go back to the old days, where you had to put your plane through a full certification process with different authorities with changing requirements and vastly different processes.
I agree that the two main aviation authorities - FAA and EASA - should stand in unison when it comes to these things. But I think there was a break of trust between them after the 737 MAX saga. Which is understandable.
As someone who is sceptical towards the current "fix" from Boeing, it gives me faith that EASA has a longer and more complete list of requirements to return the aircraft into service. If Boeing meets all requirements, I will certainly fly the 737 MAX again.