User avatar
gdg9
Topic Author
Posts: 908
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:42 am

DFW Foreign Carrier Estimated May 2019 Loads

Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:17 pm

Here are the estimated load factors for the foreign carriers at DFW for May 2019. Everyone looks pretty solid across the board as we head into the summer season. Air France hits 80% in their second month after a 77% debut month in April. Qantas rebounds nicely after a rough April, while British, Japan, Korean, and Lufthansa all are in the 90% club. Avianca doing well with larger planes on DFW-SAL.

http://bit.ly/2YrwTsk

Enjoy!
@dfwtower
 
Ishrion
Posts: 879
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: DFW Foreign Carrier Estimated May 2019 Loads

Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:19 pm

Thanks a ton for these!

Just another month’s wait to see how AF is doing with its 5x weekly against AA’s 2x daily. :stirthepot:
 
Brandon757
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:16 pm

Re: DFW Foreign Carrier Estimated May 2019 Loads

Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:52 pm

If AF departing LF is correct they must be pretty happy with that.
 
FriscoHeavy
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 4:31 pm

Re: DFW Foreign Carrier Estimated May 2019 Loads

Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:58 pm

Brandon757 wrote:
If AF departing LF is correct they must be pretty happy with that.


Yes, it's correct. Why wouldn't it be?

The OP posts these wonderful stats on a monthly basis.
Whatever
 
Planes4you
Posts: 310
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:35 pm

Re: DFW Foreign Carrier Estimated May 2019 Loads

Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:02 pm

July 1st 2019 JAL still hasn’t sent the 777
 
Planes4you
Posts: 310
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:35 pm

Re: DFW Foreign Carrier Estimated May 2019 Loads

Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:06 pm

On a side note it’s great to see Air France and avianca doing well.I can’t wait to see how they do this month
 
Sooner787
Posts: 2494
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:44 am

Re: DFW Foreign Carrier Estimated May 2019 Loads

Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:26 pm

Planes4you wrote:
July 1st 2019 JAL still hasn’t sent the 777


Last time the JAL sales rep visited the " Very Large Travel Agency " I work at,
I was told the chiefs in Japan wanted to bring a 77W to the DFW market, but that
the local JAL rep and station mgr convinced them they weren't ready for
that large an upguage just yet, so the compromise was to upguage from
788's to 789's

Now granted this was 12-18 months ago, but they're still using 789's on the DFW route
 
Ishrion
Posts: 879
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: DFW Foreign Carrier Estimated May 2019 Loads

Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:21 pm

Sooner787 wrote:
Planes4you wrote:
July 1st 2019 JAL still hasn’t sent the 777


Last time the JAL sales rep visited the " Very Large Travel Agency " I work at,
I was told the chiefs in Japan wanted to bring a 77W to the DFW market, but that
the local JAL rep and station mgr convinced them they weren't ready for
that large an upguage just yet, so the compromise was to upguage from
788's to 789's

Now granted this was 12-18 months ago, but they're still using 789's on the DFW route


Like I've talked about before, I wouldn't be surprise if they're waiting on AA's decision with the HND slot approvals. If AA uses its awarded DFW-HND slot as a third daily AA DFW-TYO flight, JL probably will not upgauge.
 
Planes4you
Posts: 310
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:35 pm

Re: DFW Foreign Carrier Estimated May 2019 Loads

Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:27 pm

Ishrion wrote:
Sooner787 wrote:
Planes4you wrote:
July 1st 2019 JAL still hasn’t sent the 777


Last time the JAL sales rep visited the " Very Large Travel Agency " I work at,
I was told the chiefs in Japan wanted to bring a 77W to the DFW market, but that
the local JAL rep and station mgr convinced them they weren't ready for
that large an upguage just yet, so the compromise was to upguage from
788's to 789's

Now granted this was 12-18 months ago, but they're still using 789's on the DFW route


Like I've talked about before, I wouldn't be surprise if they're waiting on AA's decision with the HND slot approvals. If AA uses its awarded DFW-HND slot as a third daily AA DFW-TYO flight, JL probably will not upgauge.



Would it be possible for JAL to add a second flight on the 788 like they did with ORD if AA starts up DFW-HND?
 
YouGeeElWhy
Posts: 411
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:42 pm

Re: DFW Foreign Carrier Estimated May 2019 Loads

Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:59 pm

Planes4you wrote:
Would it be possible for JAL to add a second flight on the 788 like they did with ORD if AA starts up DFW-HND?
There is not going to be 4 flights between DFW and Tokyo. LAX only has 3. Best you can hope for is an upgadge to the 77W by JAL, but that seems unlikely too. I really doubt there is the demand for those 8 F seats the JAL 77W provides.

What will be interesting is how the timings of the two NRT flights will be worked out once HND comes online for AA.
 
Ishrion
Posts: 879
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: DFW Foreign Carrier Estimated May 2019 Loads

Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:16 am

YouGeeElWhy wrote:
Planes4you wrote:
Would it be possible for JAL to add a second flight on the 788 like they did with ORD if AA starts up DFW-HND?
There is not going to be 4 flights between DFW and Tokyo. LAX only has 3. Best you can hope for is an upgadge to the 77W by JAL, but that seems unlikely too. I really doubt there is the demand for those 8 F seats the JAL 77W provides.

What will be interesting is how the timings of the two NRT flights will be worked out once HND comes online for AA.


"LAX only has 3"

Do you mean 3 on AA/JL? Because there's 6 daily LAX-NRT and 3 daily LAX-HND flights.
 
Ishrion
Posts: 879
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: DFW Foreign Carrier Estimated May 2019 Loads

Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:17 am

Planes4you wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
Sooner787 wrote:

Last time the JAL sales rep visited the " Very Large Travel Agency " I work at,
I was told the chiefs in Japan wanted to bring a 77W to the DFW market, but that
the local JAL rep and station mgr convinced them they weren't ready for
that large an upguage just yet, so the compromise was to upguage from
788's to 789's

Now granted this was 12-18 months ago, but they're still using 789's on the DFW route


Like I've talked about before, I wouldn't be surprise if they're waiting on AA's decision with the HND slot approvals. If AA uses its awarded DFW-HND slot as a third daily AA DFW-TYO flight, JL probably will not upgauge.



Would it be possible for JAL to add a second flight on the 788 like they did with ORD if AA starts up DFW-HND?


Pretty sure that additional flight was because AA downgauged ORD-NRT from daily to 3x weekly.
 
YouGeeElWhy
Posts: 411
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:42 pm

Re: DFW Foreign Carrier Estimated May 2019 Loads

Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:27 am

Ishrion wrote:
YouGeeElWhy wrote:
There is not going to be 4 flights between DFW and Tokyo. LAX only has 3. Best you can hope for is an upgadge to the 77W by JAL, but that seems unlikely too. I really doubt there is the demand for those 8 F seats the JAL 77W provides.

What will be interesting is how the timings of the two NRT flights will be worked out once HND comes online for AA.


"LAX only has 3"

Do you mean 3 on AA/JL? Because there's 6 daily LAX-NRT and 3 daily LAX-HND flights.
Tis what I meant.
 
jfk777
Posts: 6973
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:23 am

Re: DFW Foreign Carrier Estimated May 2019 Loads

Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:17 am

Planes4you wrote:
July 1st 2019 JAL still hasn’t sent the 777


JAL only has 13 77W which fly their most premium routes, those that need First Class. They only seat 240 passengers so an increase wouldn't be that much more then a 195 seat 787-9. JAL's 77W fly to CDG & LHR Plus JFK twice daily, LAX, SFO and ORD. Doubtful a JAL 77W will ever takeover the DFW route because they don't need First Class into DFW.
 
westgate
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:17 pm

Re: DFW Foreign Carrier Estimated May 2019 Loads

Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:28 am

Quite amazed at how the QF flight has 129 seats less on the outbound than inbound, although it certainly doesn't appear to make a difference with load factors of around 75% on the inbound anyway. Also interesting to notice that they are only behind Air Canada as the international carrier with the most seats available and passengers carried in/out of DFW.
 
x1234
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:50 pm

Re: DFW Foreign Carrier Estimated May 2019 Loads

Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:30 am

AA got 1 slot pair for HND and JL currently flies from NRT, which is perfect because it contains more connecting traffic to places like Vietnam (HAN/SGN). The best solution for Japan from DFW is the following:
AA 1x daily DFW-HND 772
JL 1x daily DFW-NRT 789
AA 1x daily DFW-NRT 789

This way connecting traffic is preserved via NRT. JL has way more premium markets to send the 77W with F.
 
B752OS
Posts: 1156
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:05 am

Re: DFW Foreign Carrier Estimated May 2019 Loads

Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:44 am

How much connecting traffic do Qantas, British Airways and JAL carry through DFW?
 
B1168
Posts: 501
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:26 pm

Re: DFW Foreign Carrier Estimated May 2019 Loads

Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:55 pm

x1234 wrote:
AA got 1 slot pair for HND and JL currently flies from NRT, which is perfect because it contains more connecting traffic to places like Vietnam (HAN/SGN). The best solution for Japan from DFW is the following:
AA 1x daily DFW-HND 772
JL 1x daily DFW-NRT 789
AA 1x daily DFW-NRT 789

This way connecting traffic is preserved via NRT. JL has way more premium markets to send the 77W with F.


I am thinking: how about AA send in 77w for the HND flight?
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Posts: 8600
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: DFW Foreign Carrier Estimated May 2019 Loads

Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:02 pm

B752OS wrote:
How much connecting traffic do Qantas, British Airways and JAL carry through DFW?


The majority of QF passengers transfer onto AA flights at DFW, going to places such as MCO, JFK, LGA, DCA, CLT, MIA and even into the Caribbean and beyond. I knew of one family who lived here in Perth before moving to the US who were going to live in Denver, they said to me that they preferred to go through DFW rather than LAX.

I suspect that once BNE-ORD starts DFW numbers may go down a little, as ORD may be better for NE US connections
Forum Moderator
 
mfe777
Posts: 277
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:35 am

Re: DFW Foreign Carrier Estimated May 2019 Loads

Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:34 pm

x1234 wrote:
AA got 1 slot pair for HND and JL currently flies from NRT, which is perfect because it contains more connecting traffic to places like Vietnam (HAN/SGN). The best solution for Japan from DFW is the following:
AA 1x daily DFW-HND 772
JL 1x daily DFW-NRT 789
AA 1x daily DFW-NRT 789

This way connecting traffic is preserved via NRT. JL has way more premium markets to send the 77W with F.


This is a reduction even from current capacity.
 
Sooner787
Posts: 2494
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:44 am

Re: DFW Foreign Carrier Estimated May 2019 Loads

Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:45 pm

westgate wrote:
Quite amazed at how the QF flight has 129 seats less on the outbound than inbound, although it certainly doesn't appear to make a difference with load factors of around 75% on the inbound anyway. Also interesting to notice that they are only behind Air Canada as the international carrier with the most seats available and passengers carried in/out of DFW.


IIRC..... QF still blocks off 100 or so seats on the DFW- SYD flight ( QF8 ) since it needs all the fuel it can carry
to make the trip.
 
Ishrion
Posts: 879
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: DFW Foreign Carrier Estimated May 2019 Loads

Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:15 am

mfe777 wrote:
x1234 wrote:
AA got 1 slot pair for HND and JL currently flies from NRT, which is perfect because it contains more connecting traffic to places like Vietnam (HAN/SGN). The best solution for Japan from DFW is the following:
AA 1x daily DFW-HND 772
JL 1x daily DFW-NRT 789
AA 1x daily DFW-NRT 789

This way connecting traffic is preserved via NRT. JL has way more premium markets to send the 77W with F.


This is a reduction even from current capacity.


They downgauged one DFW-NRT flight last winter to a 789. Wouldn't be surprised if they would do something like that again.
 
Fargo
Posts: 810
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:00 am

Re: DFW Foreign Carrier Estimated May 2019 Loads

Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:00 am

Sooner787 wrote:
westgate wrote:
Quite amazed at how the QF flight has 129 seats less on the outbound than inbound, although it certainly doesn't appear to make a difference with load factors of around 75% on the inbound anyway. Also interesting to notice that they are only behind Air Canada as the international carrier with the most seats available and passengers carried in/out of DFW.


IIRC..... QF still blocks off 100 or so seats on the DFW- SYD flight ( QF8 ) since it needs all the fuel it can carry
to make the trip.


The A380 has weight restrictions on the outbound?
 
9w748capt
Posts: 1616
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:27 am

Re: DFW Foreign Carrier Estimated May 2019 Loads

Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:25 am

jfk777 wrote:
Planes4you wrote:
July 1st 2019 JAL still hasn’t sent the 777


JAL only has 13 77W which fly their most premium routes, those that need First Class. They only seat 240 passengers so an increase wouldn't be that much more then a 195 seat 787-9. JAL's 77W fly to CDG & LHR Plus JFK twice daily, LAX, SFO and ORD. Doubtful a JAL 77W will ever takeover the DFW route because they don't need First Class into DFW.


It's not like no one flies F to DFW. QF and BA fly F cabins to DFW too. Not to mention AA has numerous 77W flights from DFW with an F cabin. So to say that there's no F demand out of DFW doesn't make any sense. It's not at all unrealistic for JL to fly the 77W to DFW.
 
ZK-NBT
Posts: 6875
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2000 5:42 pm

Re: DFW Foreign Carrier Estimated May 2019 Loads

Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:26 am

Fargo wrote:
Sooner787 wrote:
westgate wrote:
Quite amazed at how the QF flight has 129 seats less on the outbound than inbound, although it certainly doesn't appear to make a difference with load factors of around 75% on the inbound anyway. Also interesting to notice that they are only behind Air Canada as the international carrier with the most seats available and passengers carried in/out of DFW.


IIRC..... QF still blocks off 100 or so seats on the DFW- SYD flight ( QF8 ) since it needs all the fuel it can carry
to make the trip.


The A380 has weight restrictions on the outbound?


Yes it’s said to block 130 seats.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos