Password
Topic Author
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:47 pm

No service to F70?

Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:13 pm

Im sure theres a simple reason for it, but any reason why Temecula has no commercial service? Pechanga resort, and a good amount of San Diegos sports teams play at pechanga arena. Im honestly surprised Allegiant doesnt serve it.
 
drdisque
Posts: 1058
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:57 am

Re: No service to F70?

Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:38 pm

Runway is only 75 ft. wide
Airport has no terminal or ARFF
Runway has 30,000 lb single wheel weight limit (enough for an E-120 but not much bigger)
Runway lacks a precision approach or even precision runway markings

I agree, that if there was to be another commercial airport in Southern California marketed to a different region, F70 is in a good location. However, the field is not currently up to the task and frankly I doubt there's enough demand to justify it. It sucks that people there have to drive an hour or more to SAN, SNA, or ONT but lots of people are in the same situation.
 
ytib
Posts: 500
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:22 am

Re: No service to F70?

Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:37 pm

Password wrote:
Im sure theres a simple reason for it, but any reason why Temecula has no commercial service? Pechanga resort, and a good amount of San Diegos sports teams play at pechanga arena. Im honestly surprised Allegiant doesnt serve it.


Pechanga Arena is located right by SAN. This is just naming rights on the arena which is also known as the San Diego Sports Arena. The resort is in Temecula however which does have a concert venue but no sports teams which play there.

Pechanga Arena: https://pechangaarenasd.com/
Pechanga Resort: https://www.pechanga.com/entertain
Airbus:318,319,320,321,332,333,388
Boeing:707,717,732,733,734,73Q,735,73G,738,7M8,739,752,753,742,74L,744,762,763,772,77L,77W,789
Misc:142,CN1,CR2,CR7,DC8,DH2,DH8,D8Q,D10,D95,EM2,ER3,ER4,E70,100,J31,M11,M83,M88,M90,SF3

Where is Neil
 
WN732
Posts: 532
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:49 am

Re: No service to F70?

Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:13 am

drdisque wrote:
Runway is only 75 ft. wide
Airport has no terminal or ARFF
Runway has 30,000 lb single wheel weight limit (enough for an E-120 but not much bigger)
Runway lacks a precision approach or even precision runway markings

I agree, that if there was to be another commercial airport in Southern California marketed to a different region, F70 is in a good location. However, the field is not currently up to the task and frankly I doubt there's enough demand to justify it. It sucks that people there have to drive an hour or more to SAN, SNA, or ONT but lots of people are in the same situation.


Are you sure? The airport had an ARFF built about 10 years ago attempting to attract UAX back in the day.
 
SoCalPilot
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:37 am

Re: No service to F70?

Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:43 am

WN732 wrote:
drdisque wrote:
Runway is only 75 ft. wide
Airport has no terminal or ARFF
Runway has 30,000 lb single wheel weight limit (enough for an E-120 but not much bigger)
Runway lacks a precision approach or even precision runway markings

I agree, that if there was to be another commercial airport in Southern California marketed to a different region, F70 is in a good location. However, the field is not currently up to the task and frankly I doubt there's enough demand to justify it. It sucks that people there have to drive an hour or more to SAN, SNA, or ONT but lots of people are in the same situation.


Are you sure? The airport had an ARFF built about 10 years ago attempting to attract UAX back in the day.

There's no ARFF listed in the A/FD for it.
 
32andBelow
Posts: 3969
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:54 am

Re: No service to F70?

Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:55 am

Airports can use crash fire rescue provided by the city and be Part 139 certified. All commercial arrivals will need PPR so the truck shows up. That’s how CEC does it for example.
 
GalaxyFlyer
Posts: 3401
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:44 am

Re: No service to F70?

Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:30 pm

Oh the horror, an hour drive, the inhumanity of it.
 
Newark727
Posts: 1537
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: No service to F70?

Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:58 am

I saw an Ameriflight Beech 99 there once... don't think it was scheduled, though.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos