Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

klm617

Re: Delta A220 route additions

Fri May 31, 2019 1:45 am

flyfresno wrote:
BrodieBruce wrote:
klm617 wrote:

Why not FAT-DTW.

If you think FAT-DTW is coming, you probably also believe in the Easter Bunny.

DTW should, obviously, have service to every single commercial airport on the planet!

If FAT-MSP and FAT-ATL can be brought up why not FAT-DTW Why should it be omitted as a suggestion ?
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

Skywatcher

Fri May 31, 2019 2:48 am

I recently flew YUL-FAT and had to backtrack from SFO on my second stop. There are not a lot of options from the northeast to FAT at all.

evank516

Fri May 31, 2019 3:23 am

klm617 wrote:
flyfresno wrote:
BrodieBruce wrote:
If you think FAT-DTW is coming, you probably also believe in the Easter Bunny.

DTW should, obviously, have service to every single commercial airport on the planet!

If FAT-MSP and FAT-ATL can be brought up why not FAT-DTW Why should it be omitted as a suggestion ?

Because FAT-DTW is not a logical add. If DL was going to add ANY new route out of FAT east of the Rockies, it would be MSP or ATL, and my bet is on MSP, but I doubt that would even happen. Argue with me if you want, but I've backed you up when you made sense in the past.

compensateme

Fri May 31, 2019 4:15 am

I could see daily ATL-BFL service. Morning departure from ATL, late morning/early afternoon return from BFL.
We don’t care what your next flight is.

MastaHanky

Fri May 31, 2019 4:46 am

compensateme wrote:
I could see daily ATL-BFL service. Morning departure from ATL, late morning/early afternoon return from BFL.

They don’t even serve SLC from BFL any more.

sketch

Fri May 31, 2019 8:51 pm

evank516 wrote:
I'm more surprised that the A220 hasn't been deployed on more routes out of LGA/JFK that has an extensive portfolio of long, thin large RJ routes like LGA-STL/OMA/MCI. I thought they planned to use cities like those to route aircraft between east and west coast hubs? Even with 11 aircraft they haven't focused as heavily on NYC as I thought they were going to.

Their initial strategy pretty clearly seems to be hub-trolling their other airlines. Attempting to entice folks who might have otherwise flown AA DFW-DTW, UA IAH-DTW, WN SJC-SLC, etc., to try the CSeries instead, perhaps. More or less every route that isn't the LGA-BOS shuttle is to some other airline's hub (except SJC, but that's a strong WN focus city).

klm617

Fri May 31, 2019 9:01 pm

I could see the doing CLD-ATL with this aircraft wealthy are good premium traffic.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

BlatantEcho

Fri May 31, 2019 10:11 pm

Just landed at SLC and have seen three A220s just while taxing in to our gate.

Good looking bird. Would love to see them in Portland someday.

sea1510

Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:24 am

I work at MKE for Delta and a few months ago we got 220 parking marking painted at the delta gates so maybe a MKE 220 route is possible in the future.

evank516

Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:18 am

sketch wrote:
evank516 wrote:
I'm more surprised that the A220 hasn't been deployed on more routes out of LGA/JFK that has an extensive portfolio of long, thin large RJ routes like LGA-STL/OMA/MCI. I thought they planned to use cities like those to route aircraft between east and west coast hubs? Even with 11 aircraft they haven't focused as heavily on NYC as I thought they were going to.

Their initial strategy pretty clearly seems to be hub-trolling their other airlines. Attempting to entice folks who might have otherwise flown AA DFW-DTW, UA IAH-DTW, WN SJC-SLC, etc., to try the CSeries instead, perhaps. More or less every route that isn't the LGA-BOS shuttle is to some other airline's hub (except SJC, but that's a strong WN focus city).

It certainly seems that way. However I expected to see more routes out of LGA or JFK at the start.

gsg013 wrote:
DiamondFlyer wrote:
MavyWavyATR wrote:
Honestly surprised that DL hasn't deployed them to EYW yet. Could it make the return trip to ATL with a full load compared to the weight restricted 73G's?

Unlikely to happen, as ATL is likely to be one of the last hubs to see the A220. I'd expect ATL-EYW to end up on a 175 sooner or later, rather than a CR7.

I think the best shot for A220 into EYW will be from LGA.

I am happy to see MSP-EWR going A220 the CR-9 on a trip over 1000 miles gets boring very fast. (Huge upgrade for pax on this route)...

Don't think it will happen right away but I believe BNA-LGA will go mainline with the buildout of a focus city in Nashville comes around. Not sure if it will be A220 (I can only hope) on the route but mainline is coming soon.

I agree with seeing the A220 on LGA-EYW. EYW is a premium market and the A220 allegedly has the performance for the short runway.

As for BNA-LGA, I would expect to see it on that route at some point. I'd expect it on similar routes like LGA-RDU/MKE/MCI/STL as well.

EMB170

Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:18 am

sea1510 wrote:
I work at MKE for Delta and a few months ago we got 220 parking marking painted at the delta gates so maybe a MKE 220 route is possible in the future.

Perhaps you'll see MKE-LGA/JFK? Or MKE-SEA...
IND ORD ATL MCO PIT EWR BUF CVG DEN RNO JFK DTW BOS BDL BWI IAD RDU CLT MYR CHS TPA CID MSP STL MSY DFW IAH AUS SLC LAS

compensateme

Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:29 am

EMB170 wrote:
sea1510 wrote:

What about MCO? I bet MKE-MCO could go daily if operated by the 220. Or maybe bring back MEM or CVG.

ericm2031

Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:59 am

klm617 wrote:
I could see the doing CLD-ATL with this aircraft wealthy are good premium traffic.

I hope you're being sarcastic.

compensateme

Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:10 am

ericm2031 wrote:
klm617 wrote:

With lots of wealth, robust growth in Northern San Diego County, increasingly heavy traffic on the 5, and discriminatory market that would prefer the 2x3 cabin seating, the A220 would be perfect. I could see DL operating 2x daily to ATL, and 6x weekly to JFK.

compensateme

Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:13 am

Any chance DL will add additional A220 routes from DFW? I could see SFO, DEN, MCO and FLL working out well.

Dalmd88

Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:05 pm

sea1510 wrote:

I wouldn't read too much into the parking markings. I think they are adding them to every station that could possibly see a A220, even as a diversion. I seem to recall the BOS widebody gates had 777 markings with no 777ops in sight.

freakyrat

Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:46 pm

Dalmd88 wrote:
sea1510 wrote:

I wouldn't read too much into the parking markings. I think they are adding them to every station that could possibly see a A220, even as a diversion. I seem to recall the BOS widebody gates had 777 markings with no 777ops in sight.

Could possibly see these aircraft on SBN-DTW and SBN-LGA on Notre Dame Football weekends this fall.

HVNandrew

Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:48 pm

compensateme wrote:
ericm2031 wrote:
klm617 wrote:

With lots of wealth, robust growth in Northern San Diego County, increasingly heavy traffic on the 5, and discriminatory market that would prefer the 2x3 cabin seating, the A220 would be perfect. I could see DL operating 2x daily to ATL, and 6x weekly to JFK.

There is absolutely no chance. CLD can't even make regional service to PHX and LAS work, never mind domestic transcons (I'm not even sure the runway could even handle a fully loaded A220).

DiamondFlyer

Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:52 pm

Dalmd88 wrote:
sea1510 wrote:

For sure, TYS (Knoxville) has markings for 777 and 747 at the Delta gates.
From my cold, dead hands

compensateme

Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:05 pm

HVNandrew wrote:
compensateme wrote:
ericm2031 wrote:

There is absolutely no chance. CLD can't even make regional service to PHX and LAS work, never mind domestic transcons (I'm not even sure the runway could even handle a fully loaded A220).

Comparing PHX and LAS to ATL is like comparing 1990s Jennifer Lopez to Rebel Wilson. ATL Has. thriving film industry that could reach Hollywood elites that live in South Orange/Northern San Diego Counties.

swacle

Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:07 pm

sea1510 wrote:

CLE has them too, but also has 767, 777, A330, and (still) 747 and DC-9 markings. None of those are coming to CLE any time soon so I think it's just for consistency among stations.
Aircraft Flown: SF3 DH8 DH4 328 ERJ CRJ CR7 CR9 E70 E75 D9S M80 712 72S 732 733 734 735 73G 738 739 739ER 752 318 319 32

fokkerf28

Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:42 pm

Would love to see the A220 in PHX.

TW870

Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:15 pm

[url][/url]
evank516 wrote:

I think you will see additional NYC service eventually. Right now, LGA-IAH/DFW eats up a lot of block time on the 12 airplanes that are flying. Other than that, the next operational goal is to replace 717 flying out west to get those aircraft back to MSP/DTW/ATL/NYC. SLC-SJC just started, for example. Once they get that flying replaced, I think you will see more growth out of LGA and JFK on the very type of markets you name. NYC and SLC are the two A220 pilot bases for now, and so I think that upgauging large RJs out of New York will be front and center next year, which will be crewed by the NYC base. And I fully agree with the posters who have said that long thin ATL routes are not the purpose of this aircraft at DL.

evank516

Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:42 pm

EMB170 wrote:
sea1510 wrote:

LGA-MKE seems realistic to me.

TW870 wrote:
[url][/url]
evank516 wrote:

I think you will see additional NYC service eventually. Right now, LGA-IAH/DFW eats up a lot of block time on the 12 airplanes that are flying. Other than that, the next operational goal is to replace 717 flying out west to get those aircraft back to MSP/DTW/ATL/NYC. SLC-SJC just started, for example. Once they get that flying replaced, I think you will see more growth out of LGA and JFK on the very type of markets you name. NYC and SLC are the two A220 pilot bases for now, and so I think that upgauging large RJs out of New York will be front and center next year, which will be crewed by the NYC base. And I fully agree with the posters who have said that long thin ATL routes are not the purpose of this aircraft at DL.

I certainly hope so. There are tons of large RJ routes that can use upgauges that I've already mentioned.

compensateme wrote:
ericm2031 wrote:
klm617 wrote:

I would shoot for CLD-SLC before we go that big. The airport could handle an A220 or E170 on that route.

klm617

Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:29 pm

compensateme wrote:
HVNandrew wrote:
compensateme wrote:

Comparing PHX and LAS to ATL is like comparing 1990s Jennifer Lopez to Rebel Wilson. ATL Has. thriving film industry that could reach Hollywood elites that live in South Orange/Northern San Diego Counties.

That's going to be changing soon as the film industry has threatened to pull out of Georgia due to the current political stance it is taking.

compensateme

Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:41 pm

klm617 wrote:
compensateme wrote:
HVNandrew wrote:

That's going to be changing soon as the film industry has threatened to pull out of Georgia due to the current political stance it is taking.

We’re talking about South Orange/Northern San Diego Hollywood elites. They are conservative and share the same political views as GA.

LAXBUR

Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:16 pm

compensateme wrote:
klm617 wrote:
compensateme wrote:

We’re talking about South Orange/Northern San Diego Hollywood elites. They are conservative and share the same political views as GA.

Please stop debating about something you obviously don’t understand. This argument is absolutely laughable and illogical.

compensateme

Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:23 pm

LAXBUR wrote:
compensateme wrote:
klm617 wrote:

Please stop debating about something you obviously don’t understand. This argument is absolutely laughable and illogical.

Is there something you want to share?

LAXBUR

Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:28 pm

compensateme wrote:
LAXBUR wrote:
compensateme wrote:

Is there something you want to share?

A) There aren’t that many “Hollywood Elites” in South OC/North SD.
B) Even if there were it still wouldn’t be enough.
C) This isn’t Iran and Venezuela. People won’t fly to Georgia because of political beliefs.
D) The production companies are mostly ran by people that are Liberal or are pressured from a mostly Liberal Hollywood. Whatever group you’re talking about is incredibly small and not influential.

highflier92660

Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:34 pm

Vectoring back on-topic, does anyone here at Delta know what equipment will eventually replace all those MD-88s and 90s on the ATL-CLE route? With all the LCCs at CLE it's not a premium-heavy destination but the A220 would be equipment with the right capacity. It's almost eerie to fly to ATL aboard an A321 and connect to an aircraft with as much cabin noise as an open cockpit Stearman-- and no AVOD.

compensateme

Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:38 pm

LAXBUR wrote:
C) This isn’t Iran and Venezuela. People won’t fly to Georgia because of political beliefs.
D) The production companies are mostly ran by people that are Liberal or are pressured from a mostly Liberal Hollywood. Whatever group you’re talking about is incredibly small and not influential.

A and B) OC occupational reports show persons living here affiliated with the entertainment industry is well above the national average so I disagree. There’s no formal breakout, so please feel free to share any contrasting information if you have it.

C and D) What are you talking about? Who made those assertions?

compensateme

Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:40 pm

highflier92660 wrote:
Vectoring back on-topic, does anyone here at Delta know what equipment will eventually replace all those MD-88s and 90s on the ATL-CLE route? With all the LCCs at CLE it's not a premium-heavy destination but the A220 would be equipment with the right capacity. It's almost eerie to fly to ATL aboard an A321 and connect to an aircraft with as much cabin noise as an open cockpit Stearman-- and no AVOD.

Why would the 220, with much less capacity, be a better fit than the 320 and 738, which offer similar capacity, given loads to ATL are 90%+ in the past year? Or is it wishful thinking?

evank516

Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:40 pm

highflier92660 wrote:

If I had to guess I would say a mix of 738s and A319s.

LAXBUR

Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:50 pm

compensateme wrote:
LAXBUR wrote:

A and B) OC occupational reports show persons living here affiliated with the entertainment industry is well above the national average so I disagree. There’s no formal breakout, so please feel free to share any contrasting information if you have it.

C and D) What are you talking about? Who made those assertions?

You can disagree all you want. No one is surprised that OC has more entertainment people than the national average. Duh. It is next to LA. That doesn’t mean the actual number of employed is high enough to split traffic between multiple airports to the East Coast. Keep in mind that John Wayne only has service to Newark on United. Delta has started and ended JFK service at least twice.

danman132x

Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:57 pm

Hoping we get one VPS-ATL eventually!

compensateme

Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:03 am

danman132x wrote:
Hoping we get one VPS-ATL eventually!

VPS, MLB, DAB, PIE, PGD and ECB would make perfect A220 routes!

Babyshark

Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:15 am

Imho i think it's easy to figure out where it's going by concentrating on the NYC, slc, sea routes that have jumbo RJs on them. Look at west coast routes with 717s. Start and stay there. Out of Atlanta we need upgauging not down. Dtw and msp will get the displaced 717 flying.

klm617

Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:47 am

I think the A220 would be the perfect plane to take over all the RJ flying in ATL and then move the rest of the RJ flying up north

compensateme

Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:50 am

Babyshark wrote:
Imho i think it's easy to figure out where it's going by concentrating on the NYC, slc, sea routes that have jumbo RJs on them. Look at west coast routes with 717s. Start and stay there. Out of Atlanta we need upgauging not down. Dtw and msp will get the displaced 717 flying.

But I don’t get why DL’s using 220 to upgague elsewhere when they could be using them to open up new routes to ATL.

BFI, IFP, BOI, IDA, GEG, BFL, etc. to ATL would print money!!

klm617

Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:50 am

Babyshark wrote:

Exactly the A220 could pick up the rest of the RJ flying out of ATL and then Delta could consoladate all the regional flying in Detroit and Minneapolis.

Gulfstream500

Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:56 am

klm617 wrote:
Babyshark wrote:

Exactly the A220 could pick up the rest of the RJ flying out of ATL and then Delta could consoladate all the regional flying in Detroit and Minneapolis.

Don’t they still fly EAS out of ATL???
So... when will the Northwest DC-9s be retired?

MDSkyguy

Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:58 am

evank516 wrote:
klm617 wrote:
flyfresno wrote:

Because FAT-DTW is not a logical add. If DL was going to add ANY new route out of FAT east of the Rockies, it would be MSP or ATL, and my bet is on MSP, but I doubt that would even happen. Argue with me if you want, but I've backed you up when you made sense in the past.

I hope they start it just to prove you wrong!

evank516

Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:06 am

Babyshark wrote:

LGA-MCI, MKE, STL, BNA, IND, RDU are probably next in line. Secondary might be LGA-MSN, OMA, RSW, JAX, EYW, and MAYBE DSM?

From SLC I can see the 220 going on SLC-BUR and LGB.

Babyshark

Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:35 am

compensateme wrote:
Babyshark wrote:

But I don’t get why DL’s using 220 to upgague elsewhere when they could be using them to open up new routes to ATL.

It's still hub and spoke. And I don't know what those cities have going to slc but what if direct atl hurt direct slc? What if less options allows for premium pricing and more margin then running a atl route out of that city?

What if premium passengers have their needs met via slc? Also some of those routes could be done on an ejet, but haven't been. Probably for a reason.

klm617

Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:41 am

compensateme wrote:
Babyshark wrote:

I agree 100% there is so much untapped potential out of Atlanta that is being over looked and the A220 is the perfect plane to fill that gap. I would like to add PSC and LMT to that list.

atimp

Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:45 am

My brother was in Belgrade, MT today, where the Bozeman/Yellowstone airport is, and said there were Delta A-220's there.

LAXBUR

Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:53 am

klm617 wrote:
compensateme wrote:
Babyshark wrote:

I agree 100% there is so much untapped potential out of Atlanta that is being over looked and the A220 is the perfect plane to fill that gap. I would like to add PSC and LMT to that list.

This keeps getting better. Are any of you familiar with these airports? BFI, IFP, and LMT have NO service from any airline. BFI will get JetSuite X. There’s 20,000 people in LMT. I mean REALLY!?!? IDA doesn’t even have service to SEA on any airline. Yet you want Delta to fly to ATL? Maybe they should build international terminals too and Qantas can fly to those cities! It would be nice if real talk was enforced on this page. Aren’t there other places to go to set up fantasy airlines?

compensateme

Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:58 am

LAXBUR wrote:
klm617 wrote:
compensateme wrote:

This keeps getting better. Are any of you familiar with these airports? BFI, IFP, and LMT have NO service from any airline. BFI will get JetSuite X. There’s 20,000 people in LMT. I mean REALLY!?!? IDA doesn’t even have service to SEA on any airline. Yet you want Delta to fly to ATL? Maybe they should build international terminals too and Qantas can fly to those cities! It would be nice if real talk was enforced on this page. Aren’t there other places to go to set up fantasy airlines?

You do realize ATL prints money for DL, and the reason many of these cities lack service is that until now, there wasn’t an aircraft that could economically connect them to ATL? The 220 is a game changer.

Deltran757

Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:17 am

compensateme wrote:
LAXBUR wrote:
klm617 wrote:

You do realize ATL prints money for DL, and the reason many of these cities lack service is that until now, there wasn’t an aircraft that could economically connect them to ATL? The 220 is a game changer.

We’ll wait and see if the A220 is a game changer or not. What I’m seeing is Delta putting this aircraft in other airlines hubs or high premium routes where they fly regional aircraft. Remember they only have 12 A220s at the moment. I’ll wait until 2020 to see if they step outside the box and try left field thinking when more aircraft comes into the system.
To see the world... One plane at a time

LAXBUR

Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:23 am

compensateme wrote:
LAXBUR wrote:
klm617 wrote:

If you think a low income city of 20,000 in Western Oregon will get service to Atlanta then I’m unsure of your understanding of basic economics much less the airline industry. Utterly ridiculous.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos