spinotter

Re: TAP schedules first non stop A321LR service between Europa and South America

Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:53 pm

DoctorVenkman wrote:
spinotter wrote:
DarthLobster wrote:
A321LR has the range to reach Europa? Wonder if it can make Io or Ganymede...

A very narrow-minded and single language oriented comment, you realize? "In classical Greek mythology, Europa (Ancient Greek: Εὐρώπη, Eurṓpē) was a Phoenician princess. The word Europe is derived from her name. Most major world languages use words derived from Eurṓpē or Europa to refer to the continent."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe

A very dull and pedantic comment, you realize? He was making a joke. On an English language forum.

Joking is no excuse for such a ignorant comment. There is an airline called Air Europa, if that's what it takes to drive some sense into culturocentric aviation lovers.

airbazar

Re: TAP schedules first non stop A321LR service between Europa and South America

Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:31 pm

ojjunior wrote:
Duartelmatos wrote:
ojjunior wrote:
7+ hours in a single aisle with 3 bathrooms??
No thanks.
I'd rather make a connection somewhere.

Interesting. I bet if it were on a Delta/ United/ American B757 you would fly.

No I wouldn't.
Fortunately there's no such a monstruosity flying around me so I don't need to be worried about it anymore.
Even when it was around I've chosen other airlines/flights/routes just to fly widebodies and not to be cramped into these single aisle tuna cans for any of 3+ hours flights.
Oh yes, I choose my route base on aircraft type. Yes, all the time.

Yes but you're an exception. 90% of people chose based on fares. 9% chose based on schedule because someone else is paying for it. You're the 1% :)
The world is full of narrowbodies with only 3 lavs flying 7 hour routes. In the U.S., in Winter it happens every day by the dozens. In Asia, likewise. Pretty soon you will see even more of this practice as more and more MAX/NEO's make their way into airline fleets.
I've done it many times and even if I prefer a widebody, having "only 3 lavs" is the least of my problems because I don't suffer from bladder issues and like an adult I can wait until the line is a little shorter :)

HIA350

Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:06 pm

by738 wrote:
yikes mid atlantic turbulence on a small narrowbody with undersized wings... no thanks

i've been looking for drawings or paperwork that backup the small wings that airliners.net engineers have come up with
please share

zkojq

Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:22 am

Bricktop wrote:
Please stop pretending that ten abreast on the A350 is somehow more comfortable than on the wider 777 and even wider 777X.

Where did I say that?
First to fly the 787-9

airbazar

Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:56 am

Somewhat unrelated but hoping someone here knows the answer: Any idea where SATA intends to use their A321LR's?
They just received their first one. They currently operate the A321NEO on PDL-BOS, PDL-YYZ, and a few other shorter routes. I don't see where the extra range of the LR could be useful for them. YYZ in Winter maybe?

hohd

Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:54 pm

LXwing wrote:
Yes, definitely.
I've heard rumors that João Pessoa (JPA) and Maceió (MCZ) are in the pipeline.
And I would guess that São Luís (SLZ) would be likely too.

Sao Luis perhaps. Having visited Sao Luis for Lencois Maranhenses park, SLZ would be an ideal gateway for the park. There is some business too, most of the people staying in the hotel we were staying were there for business.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos