N628AU

Re: AA lawsuit against TWU/IAM (redux)

Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:13 am

Boof02671 wrote:
NWAESC wrote:
The F/A campaign is DOA. Look for some movement as soon as the AFA is able to campaign in earnest.

And the AFA has failed three times. And there is even a Facebook group “No Way AFA”

Well if there is a Facebook group then it’s all over.

Boof02671

Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:27 am

N628AU wrote:
Boof02671 wrote:
NWAESC wrote:
The F/A campaign is DOA. Look for some movement as soon as the AFA is able to campaign in earnest.

And the AFA has failed three times. And there is even a Facebook group “No Way AFA”

Well the AFA failed at Delta, not, once, not twice, but three times. That says it all. Go look at the page.

That’s why the DL FAs approached the IAM and started a grassroots campaign.

When you were in Material Services weren’t you accredited into the IAM?

WayexTDI

Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:27 am

Boof02671 wrote:
NWAESC wrote:

Exactly. Which means the F/A campaign has no chance of succeeding.
You must have missed the sarcasm from NWAESC...

apodino
Topic Author

Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:22 am

So nothing new on the lawsuit today, but NBC News ran an interesting piece stating that the president criticized Parker over the stock price of AA during that Airline roundtable at the White House. Funny thing is the Unions and Trump can now agree on something.

NWAESC

Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:35 am

Boof02671 wrote:

And?

This might be the silliest counterpoint you've posted yet.

N628AU wrote:

Lol. Right?

Apodino wrote:
So nothing new on the lawsuit today, but NBC News ran an interesting piece stating that the president criticized Parker over the stock price of AA during that Airline roundtable at the White House. Funny thing is the Unions and Trump can now agree on something.

The enemy of my enemy and all that?

Interesting is an, um, "interesting" way to describe this meeting!

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-f ... tar-2019-7

"Trump "repeatedly harped" on Bastian's absence and criticized the airline for buying planes from the European planemaker Airbus rather than Boeing, an American firm, NBC said."

Guess he doesn't know that Airbus has a plant in...Alabama...

Back on topic: For those of you that actually work at AA, are the maintenance numbers trending the right way? Not asking for specifics that could get you in trouble, just a general idea of what's going on.
"Nothing ever happens here, " I said. "I just wait."

Boof02671

Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:00 am

NWAESC wrote:
Boof02671 wrote:

And?

N628AU wrote:

Lol. Right?

Apodino wrote:

"Trump "repeatedly harped" on Bastian's absence and criticized the airline for buying planes from the European planemaker Airbus rather than Boeing, an American firm, NBC said."

Back on topic: For those of you that actually work at AA, are the maintenance numbers trending the right way? Not asking for specifics that could get you in trouble, just a general idea of what's going on.

Means the AFA doesn’t have a prayer in Hell. And I know the FA who is the lead In-house campaign, she’s a friend of mine and cards are rolling in. It’s not an easy task.

NWAESC

Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:09 am

Stop with the misinformation. Cards for F/A's may be "rolling in," but not with enough volume to trigger a vote.

Anecdotally, I see far more AFA pins than anything else.

The "No way" page is anti any union- they just formed the page at merger time. There's also at least 2 pro-union pages that I know of- both of which have many more users than the anti one. Using your flawed logic, we should've already seen an election by now.

The only thing you got right is that it's not easy to organize.

Boof02671

Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:24 am

NWAESC wrote:
Stop with the misinformation. Cards for F/A's may be "rolling in," but not with enough volume to trigger a vote.

Anecdotally, I see far more AFA pins than anything else.

The "No way" page is anti any union- they just formed the page at merger time. There's also at least 2 pro-union pages that I know of- both of which have many more users than the anti one. Using your flawed logic, we should've already seen an election by now.

The only thing you got right is that it's not easy to organize.

The cards are coming in, no misinformation, it’s a difficult task as DL changed the advocacy policy and flight attendants live all over the country and the world.

NWAESC

Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:30 am

They changed the policy some time ago-and the IAM stood by when it happened. There are ways around it if people want it badly enough. Stop making excuses.

Boof02671

Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:48 am

NWAESC wrote:
They changed the policy some time ago-and the IAM stood by when it happened. There are ways around it if people want it badly enough. Stop making excuses.

Wrong again.

Delta has the right to set their advocacy policy, the IAM Legal Department did look into, there are precedent cases in this manner already.

Are you a FA?

Are you working the campaign?

Cause you act like you know more than Julianna who is in charge of the in-house campaign.

Take your own advice, and stop making excuses.

NWAESC

Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:52 am

Boof02671 wrote:
Delta has the right to set their advocacy policy...

They sure do. And F/A's have the right to work around/overcome it. All they have to do is want it badly enough. Stop portraying them as victims.

SteelChair

Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:01 pm

Since the last round of failed Flight Attendant elections at Delta, what has changed that would make a win for the union now?

NWAESC

Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:02 pm

SteelChair wrote:
Since the last round of failed Flight Attendant elections at Delta, what has changed that would make a win for the union now?

Voting in the IAM? Nada.

WayexTDI

Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:50 pm

Boof02671 wrote:
NWAESC wrote:
Boof02671 wrote:

And?

N628AU wrote:

Lol. Right?

Apodino wrote:

Means the AFA doesn’t have a prayer in Hell. And I know the FA who is the lead In-house campaign, she’s a friend of mine and cards are rolling in. It’s not an easy task.

Please help me understand.
If it's not an easy task to organize labor at DL, isn't it because DL employees are not interested in union representation? Doesn't that mean that they feel (rightly or wrongly, but it's their choice) that they are better off without union representation?

Boof02671

Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:55 pm

WayexTDI wrote:
Boof02671 wrote:
NWAESC wrote:

And?

Lol. Right?

If it's not an easy task to organize labor at DL, isn't it because DL employees are not interested in union representation? Doesn't that mean that they feel (rightly or wrongly, but it's their choice) that they are better off without union representation?

They are interested, they came to the IAM and many FAs are getting cards and promoting the IAM. I Posted a link about it the other day.

NWAESC

Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:07 pm

WayexTDI wrote:

It could be that the F/A's are simply not interested., or it could be that they're not interested in having the IAM represent them. Maybe a mix of both?

Either way, if the momentum was there, we'd be hearing a LOT more about it-both internally and externally.

WayexTDI

Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:09 pm

Boof02671 wrote:
WayexTDI wrote:
Boof02671 wrote:

They are interested, they came to the IAM and many FAs are getting cards and promoting the IAM. I Posted a link about it the other day.

But previous attempts by various unions failed, and miserably. It's not because some are interested, and that you know the FA leading the effort, that it will succeed.
History has proven that.

And I don't care about most of the links you post, they are nothing but biased union propaganda; you consider my links as irrelevant since they're coming from, according to you, biased anti-union propaganda, I do the same with yours.

WayexTDI

Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:10 pm

NWAESC wrote:
WayexTDI wrote:

It could be that the F/A's are simply not interested., or it could be that they're not interested in having the IAM represent them. Maybe a mix of both?

Either way, if the momentum was there, we'd be hearing a LOT more about it-both internally and externally.

But... But... But... According to our good friend, DL FA's will vote a union in, as it is a well-known fact that DL employees are the most miserable in the industry. /s

Boof02671

Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:15 pm

NWAESC wrote:
WayexTDI wrote:

Guess you forgot about the backlash delta faced about the video games.

Let’s see in every FA breakroom there are anti-union videos playing constantly, flyers posted all over and when the sign in for a trip they are bombarded with anti union rhetoric on the computer and mailings to their house.

www.bedeltabedifferant.com

https://www.google.com/search?q=lawmake ... deo%20game

See if you were an FA you would know DL has stepped up their anti campaign.

Don’t let the facts get in your way.

qf789

Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:25 pm

Due to the number of personal attacks and off topic comments thread is now locked
Forum Moderator

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos