LH658

Re: ANA reveals new 4 class cabin product

Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:44 am

Can business class pax talk to each other sitting on opposite seats like Q suites?

spacecadet

Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:51 am

afcjets wrote:
It appears the backwards facing seats in the center allow you to sit closer together, so it's a trade-off, and since only 25 percent of J seats are designed for couples, it's probably worth the trade-off.

As for single travellers, a backwards facing side window lone seat is probably more desirable than a forward facing aisle seat where you have a seat mate.

Well you didn't have a seat mate before; you just didn't have easy access to a window because the table was on that side. But that's one thing I guess I didn't consider, that the backward-facing window seats now do have full window access, so ANA seems to have decided that window+backwards will be more desirable than no window+forwards. And you're right that they probably thought that for the middle, making a design that couples or just those traveling together can use would be more desirable than having all forward facing seats. I just wonder if there wasn't some other choice; those can't be the only two choices. (Herringbone, I guess people just don't like at all.)

NZ321 wrote:
Having flown ANA in business class long haul numerous times in the past 3 years I can honestly say that the product is good but not amazing. The food looks good, but is not as consistent as I have experienced in the past. The crew service remains superb. But the hard product shows signs of age and on 3 flights in the past few months has not been reliable

Yeah, I basically agree, though I honestly really like the current layout and obviously I have some concerns with the new one. I really like the amount of space they give you in business (it's not more space than other airlines, but it *feels* like it is), and I like the privacy that you naturally have just by way of the design, without even having a door. You can't even see another passenger in the cabin unless you stand up. I just hope having someone's head right behind mine and sharing a wall with them that they're also leaning on isn't going to be a problem in the new design.

I did also think that in terms of look and feel, the current design was a little dated even when it was brand new. It's kind of cheap and plasticky and always was, and it hasn't worn or aged particularly well. But the *layout* I thought was cool, especially if you got an actual window seat (next to a window).

I've had the same experience with the food too. First time I flew in business with the then-new design, it was fantastic. Last time was just ok, and they had removed an entire course. (It was five full courses originally; last time it was four if you count the tiny appetizer and the cheese plate.)

blooc350 wrote:
However, it does look like there is a compromise with the "lounging" positions as there seems to be limited recline space. Its either sit upright or go straight into bed mode.....

I'm sure it's no different than the way the current seat works, which can be in any position between upright and full flat.
I'm tired of being a wanna-be league bowler. I wanna be a league bowler!

aemoreira1981

Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:28 am

ITSTours wrote:
At this point do they really need First class?

But anyway this is gorgeous!

This would likely be for JFK, FRA, and LHR, the premium routes in the system. Y probably remains 34"/17", which is what it is on the 3-4-2 layout - the current 3-4-3 is also 34"/17". The current 212-seat configuration, which is 3-4-2 in Y, currently flies HND to FRA, HKG, JFK, and LHR, and NRT to JFK...all financial centers of their respective continents.

I also see why NH didn't go for the B78X...it would have the range to reach JFK, but in an NH configuration, one would have less than 200 seats. It's amazing how any airline can operate such a premium-heavy configuration.

As for the current B77Ws, I could see some of them leaving the fleet or down-graded to domestic use---the oldest one is 15 years old, and these should be low-cycle planes. Then NH could standardize its B77Ws with either 212 or 264 seats (unless some go to a domestic 514-seat configuration to replace older B773As).

speedbird52

Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:50 am

That Business Class looks wonderful

zakuivcustom

Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:09 am

aemoreira1981 wrote:
I also see why NH didn't go for the B78X...it would have the range to reach JFK, but in an NH configuration, one would have less than 200 seats. It's amazing how any airline can operate such a premium-heavy configuration.

Except NH does have 78X. They put 294 seats (38J21W235Y) in those anyway, higher than their densest 77W. NH are only getting 3 78X’s, though, and is flying them exclusively to SE Asia (NRT-SIN/BKK for now, not sure where the 3rd one will go). Essentially NH is using their 78X similar to how SQ had been using them.

Tokyo777

Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:11 am

aemoreira1981 wrote:

Um, ANA currently has two 787-10s. JA900A and JA901A. They fly NRT-SIN and BKK.

Waterbomber2

Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:50 am

My 2 cents: the business class is visually impressive but not efficient. Each seat takes up a lot of space, so cost will be high and it will only be able to operate on ultra high yield routes.
So a lot of focus on the visual effect.
Besides, this is almost the same as SQ's former J class on the A380.

The economy class on the NH B787 is awful and now they have chosen slimseats for this reconfiguration. Who's going to pay more to fly this?

The W class looks good, with the footrest.

F is nothing special and barely better than J, perhaps the FA's will be cuter.

Overall not impressed.
JAL has an excellent J hard product offering the best compromise between space and cost and with the A350, they will pr

FromCDGtoSYD

Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:42 am

So they are increasing the number of premium heavy 77Ws... hopefully CDG will finally be blessed with them.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos