User avatar
JerseyFlyer
Topic Author
Posts: 1369
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 7:24 pm

Two ejected for complaining about muslims on TCX flight

Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:56 am

It's great to see the complainant ejected in one of these altercations, it makes a welcome change!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 03636.html
 
ME720
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:40 pm

Re: Two ejected for complaining about muslims on TCX flight

Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:26 am

JerseyFlyer wrote:
It's great to see the complainant ejected in one of these altercations, it makes a welcome change!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 03636.html


Finally, reason prevails.
 
Motorhussy
Posts: 3586
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2000 7:49 am

Re: Two ejected for complaining about muslims on TCX flight

Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:29 am

I wish flight travel bans could be put on people like this.
come visit the south pacific
 
SCQ83
Posts: 5241
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Re: Two ejected for complaining about muslims on TCX flight

Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:47 am

So why do those women go on holiday to a Muslim country? It is not like there is a lack of flights from London to other beach resorts in Europe.
 
User avatar
PatrickZ80
Posts: 3837
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:33 am

Re: Two ejected for complaining about muslims on TCX flight

Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:12 pm

SCQ83 wrote:
So why do those women go on holiday to a Muslim country? It is not like there is a lack of flights from London to other beach resorts in Europe.


Not only that, you can't just accuse some random person of being a terrorist without any proof. However there are people who live in a dream world where they think all Muslims are terrorists. It seems like these women had such thoughts. Completely unjustified as I'm sure those people on board were just ordinary peaceful people, but what do you think those people that were falsely accused of being terrorists would feel like?

However good thing Thomas Cook acted like they did, showing that not all Westerners are like those two women. After all, hate creates hate. Being falsely accused of terrorism would make you hate the people who say that, and before you know it it leads to real terrorism. Which could easily have been prevented by not making that false accusation.
 
Nickd92
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:01 pm

Re: Two ejected for complaining about muslims on TCX flight

Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:15 pm

Good and so they should. Are they actually that ignorant to realise that they've all gone through the same security channels?

Seems to me they don't have any IQ; they holiday in a Muslim country and then have the cheek to accuse others of been terrorists. Quite the hypocrisy. Take their passports off them when they get back and deny them any future travel outside of the UK.
 
airway1
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:02 am

Re: Two ejected for complaining about muslims on TCX flight

Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:10 pm

Well this is really not a good example as it’s in a Muslim country asking the police to take them off because they look like terrorists.. would wonder what would happen if it was a Gatwick flight to Turkey
 
FlyHappy
Posts: 1036
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 1:06 pm

Re: Two ejected for complaining about muslims on TCX flight

Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:10 pm

PatrickZ80 wrote:
However good thing Thomas Cook acted like they did, showing that not all Westerners are like those two women. After all, hate creates hate. Being falsely accused of terrorism would make you hate the people who say that, and before you know it it leads to real terrorism. Which could easily have been prevented by not making that false accusation.


Don't get me wrong... TCX and the other pax on board "did the right thing", or maybe more clearly, were just plain normal, so that's to be noted.
But I gotta say, the aircraft was departing Turkey for London (yes, which does make the womens islamaphobia particularly bizarre), so ejecting these 2 women was the obvious path of least resistance. Sadly, "path of least resistance" is exactly the reason Muslims have previously been unfoundedly ejected when the target of other pax complaints; a London - Madrid flight, or what have you.

Glad to see nothing bad happen, but I'm not sure this event really speaks to any change with how airlines handle delicate issues onboard, or the mindset of many western caucasian pax....
 
Jetty
Posts: 932
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:27 pm

Re: Two ejected for complaining about muslims on TCX flight

Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:39 pm

SCQ83 wrote:
So why do those women go on holiday to a Muslim country? It is not like there is a lack of flights from London to other beach resorts in Europe.

I don’t defend their behavior at all but at the Turkish coast you have to look really hard to find anyone looking like a stereotypical extreme Muslim with unkempt beard and Muslim gown.

In a Non-Muslim country like Spain you might see even more people of this type at the touristic coast due to GCC tourism.
 
clipperlondon
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:43 pm

Re: Two ejected for complaining about muslims on TCX flight

Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:41 pm

FlyHappy wrote:
PatrickZ80 wrote:
However good thing Thomas Cook acted like they did, showing that not all Westerners are like those two women. After all, hate creates hate. Being falsely accused of terrorism would make you hate the people who say that, and before you know it it leads to real terrorism. Which could easily have been prevented by not making that false accusation.


Don't get me wrong... TCX and the other pax on board "did the right thing", or maybe more clearly, were just plain normal, so that's to be noted.
But I gotta say, the aircraft was departing Turkey for London (yes, which does make the womens islamaphobia particularly bizarre), so ejecting these 2 women was the obvious path of least resistance. Sadly, "path of least resistance" is exactly the reason Muslims have previously been unfoundedly ejected when the target of other pax complaints; a London - Madrid flight, or what have you.

Glad to see nothing bad happen, but I'm not sure this event really speaks to any change with how airlines handle delicate issues onboard, or the mindset of many western caucasian pax....


How did these women know what religion these guys are? Lotsof people dress in white robes.

And as for Turkey being a Muslim country, well the inhabitants might be majority Muslim, but Kemal Ataturk made the country secular in 1922 or thereabouts, and has remained so ever since. So it seems a couple of weeks in the country has taught these women nothing.
 
SCQ83
Posts: 5241
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Re: Two ejected for complaining about muslims on TCX flight

Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:03 pm

Jetty wrote:
In a Non-Muslim country like Spain you might see even more people of this type at the touristic coast due to GCC tourism.


You must be kidding. Never been to Spain, to Turkey or both. Tourists in 2018 in Turkey:

Algeria 288 207
Bahrain 77 075
Egypt 148 943
Iran 2 001 744
Iraq 1 172 896
Jordan 406 469
Kuwait 298 620
Lebanon 338 837
Libya 188 312
Oman 53 230
Saudi Arabia 747 233
Tunisia 142 372
United Arab Emirates 43 292


Spain (they only show data for "big countries")

Arabia Saudí 74.941
Emiratos Árabes Unidos 85.896


Turkey has x10 times the number of Saudi tourists than Spain. Turkey is cheaper, closer and Saudis do not need a visa to Turkey (they do not it for Schengen). Turkey it is much more appealing for the Saudi middle classes (which are likely more used to wear "traditional" attire). And obviously there is a kind of self-discrimination. If you are a "traditional" GCC, would you rather travel to a "secular" Muslim country (no matter how secular Turkey is, it is still a Muslim country) or to a country where you can find a gay couple literally anywhere holding hands or kissing, or a feminist demonstration (for some reason Spanish women love them)?
 
EvanWSFO
Posts: 1128
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:22 pm

Re: Two ejected for complaining about muslims on TCX flight

Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:07 pm

Nickd92 wrote:
Good and so they should. Are they actually that ignorant to realise that they've all gone through the same security channels?

Seems to me they don't have any IQ; they holiday in a Muslim country and then have the cheek to accuse others of been terrorists. Quite the hypocrisy. Take their passports off them when they get back and deny them any future travel outside of the UK.


I would not be surprised to learn they didn't know Turkey is an overwhelmingly Muslim nation. From what I could tell, they seemed rather white-trashy to me. They may have had no clue.
I have been on this site 15 years. A unrecoverable email account led me to starting over. Those of you who call me a rookie, you may stop ok?
 
FlyHappy
Posts: 1036
Joined: Sat May 13, 2017 1:06 pm

Re: Two ejected for complaining about muslims on TCX flight

Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:14 pm

clipperlondon wrote:
How did these women know what religion these guys are? Lotsof people dress in white robes.

And as for Turkey being a Muslim country, well the inhabitants might be majority Muslim, but Kemal Ataturk made the country secular in 1922 or thereabouts, and has remained so ever since. So it seems a couple of weeks in the country has taught these women nothing.


that's about the only thing these women have right.
Islamic prayer robes are pretty obvious, and not exactly a common fashion rage. Couple that with beards, skin tone and possible non-western speech, and there's little chance these men are anything other than muslim. That's what racism/xenophobia is - irrational fear & hatred of people different from yourself.

As for Turkeys secular status, its quite irrelevant. Islam is by nature, a fairly "old fashioned" religion, having changed the least of major religions. There's no mistaking where you are when in a majority muslim country, politically secular or not (sure, theres always resort "bubbles"). The faith has strong influence on all aspects of life.
 
CobaltScar
Posts: 435
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:30 pm

Re: Two ejected for complaining about muslims on TCX flight

Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:32 pm

clipperlondon wrote:

And as for Turkey being a Muslim country, well the inhabitants might be majority Muslim, but Kemal Ataturk made the country secular in 1922 or thereabouts, and has remained so ever since. So it seems a couple of weeks in the country has taught these women nothing.


Ironically he proclaimed the country "secular" at the same time he forcefully expelled every non-muslim from the country, millions of them. One of those quirks of history.
 
Jetty
Posts: 932
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:27 pm

Re: Two ejected for complaining about muslims on TCX flight

Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:32 pm

SCQ83 wrote:
Turkey has x10 times the number of Saudi tourists than Spain. Turkey is cheaper, closer and Saudis do not need a visa to Turkey (they do not it for Schengen). Turkey it is much more appealing for the Saudi middle classes (which are likely more used to wear "traditional" attire). And obviously there is a kind of self-discrimination. If you are a "traditional" GCC, would you rather travel to a "secular" Muslim country (no matter how secular Turkey is, it is still a Muslim country) or to a country where you can find a gay couple literally anywhere holding hands or kissing, or a feminist demonstration (for some reason Spanish women love them)?

All true, but yet DLM (which these ladies were flying from) has 0 flights to GCC countries while AGP has multiple daily. GCC tourists prefer Istanbul, nature and the Black-Sea coast when visiting Turkey (TZX i. e. has over a dozen daily flights to GCC countries while 0 to any European country outside Germany)

I should have been a bit more specific but these ladies were more likely to meet people looking like this in London than where they went in Turkey (speaking from experience as well). If they have a problem with these types I don’t find it very weird that they went to this place in Turkey at all (I’m not assuming that it was an educated decision though, probably just cheapest price).
 
raylee67
Posts: 678
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:06 pm

Re: Two ejected for complaining about muslims on TCX flight

Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:05 pm

They were flying from Turkey?? Do they know that they were in a Muslim country with a flag with a crescent and a star on it?
319/20/21 332/33 342/43/45 351 388 707 717 732/36/3G/38/39 74R/42/43/44/4E/48 757 762/63 772/7L/73/7W 788/89 D10 M80 135/40/45 175/90 DH1/4 CRJ/R7 L10
AY LH OU SR BA FI
AA DL UA NW AC CP WS FL NK PD
CI NH SQ KA CX JL BR OZ TG KE CA CZ NZ JQ RS
 
PSAatSAN4Ever
Posts: 772
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:38 pm

Re: Two ejected for complaining about muslims on TCX flight

Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:57 pm

And somewhere there are people in the U.S. hearing this story and saying, "hold my margarita while I go complain about all these here Mexicans on this flight from Cancun!"

The human gene pool needs some chlorine.

However, the REAL video I'd love to see is the police video, where these screeching hysterical snowflakes try and convince the most-probably Muslim police officers of how evil Islam is. If they were smart enough to put two and two together, they would have probably believed they had died and gone to Hades, and were reliving their worst nightmare.
Last edited by PSAatSAN4Ever on Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
rbavfan
Posts: 3150
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:53 am

Re: Two ejected for complaining about muslims on TCX flight

Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:59 pm

Jetty wrote:
SCQ83 wrote:
So why do those women go on holiday to a Muslim country? It is not like there is a lack of flights from London to other beach resorts in Europe.

I don’t defend their behavior at all but at the Turkish coast you have to look really hard to find anyone looking like a stereotypical extreme Muslim with unkempt beard and Muslim gown.

In a Non-Muslim country like Spain you might see even more people of this type at the touristic coast due to GCC tourism.


you relize not defending their behavior at all "but" means you are defending their behavior.
 
User avatar
Vasu
Posts: 3103
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:34 am

Re: Two ejected for complaining about muslims on TCX flight

Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:03 pm

raylee67 wrote:
They were flying from Turkey?? Do they know that they were in a Muslim country with a flag with a crescent and a star on it?


Probably not. Sadly we have quite a few people like this in the UK...
 
SCQ83
Posts: 5241
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Re: Two ejected for complaining about muslims on TCX flight

Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:12 pm

PSAatSAN4Ever wrote:
However, the REAL video I'd love to see is the police video, where these screeching hysterical snowflakes try and convince the most-probably Muslim police officers of how evil Islam is. If they were smart enough to put two and two together, they would have probably believed they had died and gone to Hades, and were reliving their worst nightmare.


Probably nothing happened to them. They are Western white tourists in a what seems the most competitive holiday season in the Mediterranean for years (more resort areas than ever competing for a shrinking market - read economic slowdown in Europe -). Turkey is pushing hard to get back those tourists that moved away when the terror attacks a few years ago.

The same way nothing would happen to a lousy US tourist with Mexican police in Cancun specially now that tourist numbers are down with the sargazo.

It is all about being born in the right side of the fence.
 
Jetty
Posts: 932
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:27 pm

Re: Two ejected for complaining about muslims on TCX flight

Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:13 pm

rbavfan wrote:
Jetty wrote:
SCQ83 wrote:
So why do those women go on holiday to a Muslim country? It is not like there is a lack of flights from London to other beach resorts in Europe.

I don’t defend their behavior at all but at the Turkish coast you have to look really hard to find anyone looking like a stereotypical extreme Muslim with unkempt beard and Muslim gown.

In a Non-Muslim country like Spain you might see even more people of this type at the touristic coast due to GCC tourism.


you relize not defending their behavior at all "but" means you are defending their behavior.

:roll: I merely pointed out that the simplistic idea relayed by many ITT that these woman should expect people looking like this in Dalaman because Turkey is a Muslim country is wrong and they were more likely to encounter them in London. That encountering these people was unlikely in no way justifies the assumption they were terrorists thus I am not defending them at all.
 
User avatar
OA940
Posts: 1851
Joined: Fri May 20, 2016 6:18 am

Re: Two ejected for complaining about muslims on TCX flight

Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:23 pm

Congrats to whoever decided they should be kicked out. These people are disgusting and they're the ones that should be marginalised by society. I hope the same will be done in other instances like this too.
A350/CSeries = bae
 
ltbewr
Posts: 14185
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Two ejected for complaining about muslims on TCX flight

Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:16 pm

I wonder how these women would act in many cities in the UK with significant numbers of Muslims ? Jerks of the first rank. Any idea how they got home ?
 
MoonC
Posts: 239
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:26 am

Re: Two ejected for complaining about muslims on TCX flight

Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:11 am

SCQ83 wrote:
Jetty wrote:
In a Non-Muslim country like Spain you might see even more people of this type at the touristic coast due to GCC tourism.


You must be kidding. Never been to Spain, to Turkey or both. Tourists in 2018 in Turkey:

Algeria 288 207
Bahrain 77 075
Egypt 148 943
Iran 2 001 744
Iraq 1 172 896
Jordan 406 469
Kuwait 298 620
Lebanon 338 837
Libya 188 312
Oman 53 230
Saudi Arabia 747 233
Tunisia 142 372
United Arab Emirates 43 292


Spain (they only show data for "big countries")

Arabia Saudí 74.941
Emiratos Árabes Unidos 85.896


Turkey has x10 times the number of Saudi tourists than Spain. Turkey is cheaper, closer and Saudis do not need a visa to Turkey (they do not it for Schengen). Turkey it is much more appealing for the Saudi middle classes (which are likely more used to wear "traditional" attire). And obviously there is a kind of self-discrimination. If you are a "traditional" GCC, would you rather travel to a "secular" Muslim country (no matter how secular Turkey is, it is still a Muslim country) or to a country where you can find a gay couple literally anywhere holding hands or kissing, or a feminist demonstration (for some reason Spanish women love them)?


The numbers you posted are correct for Istanbul and other regions of the north of the country but tourist spots on the south and south-west, where these people went, are still dominated by westerners. Antalya alone has countless more flights to and from Britain (and Israel (!)) than to the whole of the Arab world combined.
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 17280
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Two ejected for complaining about muslims on TCX flight

Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:02 am

Flight at 1am? I'm going to take a wild guess that plenty of pre-flight alcohol had been consumed.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
oldannyboy
Posts: 2316
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:28 am

Re: Two ejected for complaining about muslims on TCX flight

Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:51 am

White chavvy trash. Just listen to them, who is surprised. Those voices...arrrghh..gives me the creeps. That raspy, unpolished, gritty, well-acquainted-with-alcohol kind of tone. My god. Cesspits, not mouths.

A passport should be something people have to pass one or three really seriously difficult exams in order to even get near.
 
na
Posts: 9687
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 1999 3:52 am

Re: Two ejected for complaining about muslims on TCX flight

Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:53 am

They fly to a muslim country because holidays are cheap in Sultan Erdogans empire, and complain about muslims? White trash into the trash can, well deserved.
 
eagles94
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:51 pm

Re: Two ejected for complaining about muslims on TCX flight

Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:34 am

All you have to do is watch once of the many, many night Turkish flights board at any UK airport to realise this was inevitable, disruptive pax incidents occur a lot on these routes (Dalaman is particularly notorious). I feel for the cabin crew on these flights.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos