User avatar
CarbonFibre
Topic Author
Posts: 593
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:02 pm

Brussels Airlines simpified livery ?

Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:47 pm

One of the former SQ A330s destined for SN has been spotted wearing a simplified livery. Is this going to be adopted fleet-wide give they are no longer merging with EW?

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/a-ne ... -airlines/
 
RainerBoeing777
Posts: 433
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:43 pm

Re: Brussels Airlines simpified livery ?

Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:32 pm

A few weeks ago Lufthansa Group made several restructurings, Eurowings leaves the long haul market and will be dedicated to short flights with a fleet only of Airbus A320. Brussels will maintain its own brand
CX - JL - LH - KE - KL - SQ - QR - QF - TG
 
KLDC10
Posts: 1409
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: Brussels Airlines simpified livery ?

Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:38 pm

Looks awful. Not because it is Eurowhite, but because it is so obviously the old design with bits missing. If it is the new standard, they should really have redesigned it completely so that it didn't look so cheap and slapdash. Eurowhite done well can be very classy. This isn't.
Last edited by KLDC10 on Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DC9/MD90/MD11/F70/BAE146
737/738/739/744/748/752/763/772/789
A319/A320/A321/A332/A333/A346/A359
Q400/E170/E175/E190/CS300
 
AZa346
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:58 pm

Re: Brussels Airlines simpified livery ?

Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:39 pm

That is one boring looking plane
 
CWL757
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:43 pm

Re: Brussels Airlines simpified livery ?

Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:39 pm

It looks to me like they’ve just done it like that due to needing the aircraft ASAP. I wouldn’t be surprised if it gets the full Livery at some point. Saying that, I do see SN getting a simplified Livery. Maybe billboard titles and have the blue extending from the tail onto the fuselage.
A319, A320, 738, 743, 744, 752, 772, 788, C150, E175, E190, F70, R22
 
VSMUT
Posts: 3164
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:40 am

Re: Brussels Airlines simpified livery ?

Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:09 pm

CWL757 wrote:
It looks to me like they’ve just done it like that due to needing the aircraft ASAP. I wouldn’t be surprised if it gets the full Livery at some point. Saying that, I do see SN getting a simplified Livery. Maybe billboard titles and have the blue extending from the tail onto the fuselage.


I'm thinking the same. The decision to keep Brussels Airlines is very recent. A rebranding plan is likely already being drawn up. The plane already had a slot at the painter, and needed to be put into service. It was likely planned to put it in Eurowings markings too.

I'm thinking this is just a quick slap and dash livery. Maybe even just stickers. In any case, applying a new Lufthansa/Austrian/Eurowings style paintjob over that will be easy. Note how they didn't cover up anything that any other Lufthansa group paintjob wouldn't cover over.
 
User avatar
leleko747
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:16 pm

Re: Brussels Airlines simpified livery ?

Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:03 pm

KLDC10 wrote:
Looks awful. Not because it is Eurowhite, but because it is so obviously the old design with bits missing. If it is the new standard, they should really have redesigned it completely so that it didn't look so cheap and slapdash. Eurowhite done well can be very classy. This isn't.


Truly agreed. Actually, this minimalistic thing is ruining almost all the liveries of Lufthansa Group.
Austrian livery was beautiful when they had the blue belly and engines. Now it looks too simple.
Lufthansa had their classy scheme with the yellow crane, and now... shake my head.
Swiss wasn't really great but, when they changed to billboard titles, the livery became even more simple.
It seems Brussels is going the same way. I hope to be wrong.

Edelweiss, at least, still look fantastic and striking. I also like the Eurowings purple and blue.

CWL757 wrote:
It looks to me like they’ve just done it like that due to needing the aircraft ASAP. I wouldn’t be surprised if it gets the full Livery at some point.


Really hope so. Brussels Airlines have a quite nice livery.
I wonder when people will understand:
Embraer 190 or simply E190, not ERJ-190. E-Jets are NOT ERJs!
Boeing 747-8, not Boeing 747-800. Same goes for 787.
Airbus A320, not Airbus 320.
Airbii does not exist.
 
MartijnNL
Posts: 777
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:44 am

Re: Brussels Airlines simpified livery ?

Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:29 pm

leleko747 wrote:
Lufthansa had their classy scheme with the yellow crane, and now... shake my head.

Last week I saw two Lufthansa aircraft parked close to each other at the B-pier of Schiphol. One had the old livery, the other the new colours. I must say the former colours don't look that classy compared to the latter. Lufthansa's old livery looks rather cheap and the new one quite modern. At least in my opinion.
 
GoldenArrow
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:38 pm

Re: Brussels Airlines simpified livery ?

Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:01 pm

RainerBoeing777 wrote:
A few weeks ago Lufthansa Group made several restructurings, Eurowings leaves the long haul market and will be dedicated to short flights with a fleet only of Airbus A320. Brussels will maintain its own brand


This ist not correct. Eurowings will not leave the long-haul market. Only the commercial responsibility for the long-haul business will be taken over by Lufthansa. Eurowings itself will still fly long-haul. The reason for this confusion was an unclear wording in the capital markets day presentation of Lufthansa.
 
jetjunkieslive
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:28 pm

Re: Brussels Airlines simpified livery ?

Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:06 pm

Looks fresh, I like it, the current off white livery always looked 'dirty' to me, maybe if they went with larger titles it would look pretty smart
Jet Junkies Live - The Home Of Live Aviation
 
RvA
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:37 pm

Re: Brussels Airlines simpified livery ?

Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:11 pm

GoldenArrow wrote:
RainerBoeing777 wrote:
A few weeks ago Lufthansa Group made several restructurings, Eurowings leaves the long haul market and will be dedicated to short flights with a fleet only of Airbus A320. Brussels will maintain its own brand


This ist not correct. Eurowings will not leave the long-haul market. Only the commercial responsibility for the long-haul business will be taken over by Lufthansa. Eurowings itself will still fly long-haul. The reason for this confusion was an unclear wording in the capital markets day presentation of Lufthansa.


This unfortunately isn’t correct either. Eurowings will not be flying long haul for much longer. It is not just commercial responsibility they will in the not so distant future hand the long haul off.
 
User avatar
nordikcam
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:44 pm

Re: Brussels Airlines simpified livery ?

Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:27 pm

RvA wrote:
GoldenArrow wrote:
RainerBoeing777 wrote:
A few weeks ago Lufthansa Group made several restructurings, Eurowings leaves the long haul market and will be dedicated to short flights with a fleet only of Airbus A320. Brussels will maintain its own brand


This ist not correct. Eurowings will not leave the long-haul market. Only the commercial responsibility for the long-haul business will be taken over by Lufthansa. Eurowings itself will still fly long-haul. The reason for this confusion was an unclear wording in the capital markets day presentation of Lufthansa.


This unfortunately isn’t correct either. Eurowings will not be flying long haul for much longer. It is not just commercial responsibility they will in the not so distant future hand the long haul off.


True. Impossible to fly long-haul with only Airbus A320 !
 
GoldenArrow
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:38 pm

Re: Brussels Airlines simpified livery ?

Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:38 pm

RvA wrote:
GoldenArrow wrote:
RainerBoeing777 wrote:
A few weeks ago Lufthansa Group made several restructurings, Eurowings leaves the long haul market and will be dedicated to short flights with a fleet only of Airbus A320. Brussels will maintain its own brand


This ist not correct. Eurowings will not leave the long-haul market. Only the commercial responsibility for the long-haul business will be taken over by Lufthansa. Eurowings itself will still fly long-haul. The reason for this confusion was an unclear wording in the capital markets day presentation of Lufthansa.


This unfortunately isn’t correct either. Eurowings will not be flying long haul for much longer. It is not just commercial responsibility they will in the not so distant future hand the long haul off.


Sorry, but you are wrong. As a brand, eurowings will be kept on the long-haul market:

https://www.airliners.de/eurowings-mark ... ecke/50714

Unfortunately only in german.
 
berari
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:47 pm

Re: Brussels Airlines simpified livery ?

Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:49 pm

Brussels livery was always boring. Even more so now.
 
User avatar
kjeld0d
Posts: 461
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:21 pm

Re: Brussels Airlines simpified livery ?

Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:56 pm

Not unlike a new employee at a restaurant... company doesn't want spring for an engraved name tag. Instead get a stick-on label that can be peeled off easily if they quit.
 
KLDC10
Posts: 1409
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: Brussels Airlines simpified livery ?

Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:11 pm

GoldenArrow wrote:
RvA wrote:
GoldenArrow wrote:

This ist not correct. Eurowings will not leave the long-haul market. Only the commercial responsibility for the long-haul business will be taken over by Lufthansa. Eurowings itself will still fly long-haul. The reason for this confusion was an unclear wording in the capital markets day presentation of Lufthansa.


This unfortunately isn’t correct either. Eurowings will not be flying long haul for much longer. It is not just commercial responsibility they will in the not so distant future hand the long haul off.


Sorry, but you are wrong. As a brand, eurowings will be kept on the long-haul market:

https://www.airliners.de/eurowings-mark ... ecke/50714

Unfortunately only in german.


A translation, apologies if I have made any errors:

"Eurowings will also continue to fly longhaul in the future, however only as a brand. Lufthansa will have commercial control in future. Flights will continue to be operated by Brussels Airlines and Sun Express.

The Lufthansa low-cost airline will, contrary to media reports, not retreat from the long haul market. The changes only concern a change in commercial control and therefore "not a dismantling of the long haul network", a Eurowings spokeswoman confirmed after a question from airliners.de. As a "brand", Eurowings will continue to offer intercontinental connections.

The commercial responsibility for long haul will in future lie with parent company Lufthansa. Therefore the Kranich will control the commercial orientation and will also be in charge of the network management of its subsidiary. Operationally, as is the case now, Eurowings flights will be operated by Sun Express and Brussels Airlines. Therefore the low-cost carrier can concentrate on its "bread and butter business"; short and medium haul.

Lufthansa will assume responsibility for Eurowings longhaul in Frankfurt and Munich in time for the Winter 2019/2020 timetable, the spokeswoman further explained. Moreover, she confirmed that Düsseldorf will remain as a long haul base in future. The schedule for Düsseldorf will be developed in the coming weeks and months. Thus, the changes will occur "behind the scenes" and will not be visible to the customer.

At the least, longhaul flights from Düsseldorf will continue to be operated with Eurowings flight numbers. From Frankfurt and Munich, connections will have a Eurowings flight number with Lufthansa codeshare. Charter flights will only operate with Lufthansa flight numbers, according to Eurowings.

Admittedly, the announcement is not entirely new. As early as the beginning of March, Lufthansa sales-chief Heike Birlenbach said in a discussion with airliners.de that revenue management for Eurowings long haul at the hub airports of Frankfurt and Munich would shift completely to Lufthansa.

According to Birlenbach, the expansion of Eurowings long haul in Frankfurt and Munich will represent a completely new offer. "Overall, we see the need for a complete second product offering in the segment of tourist longhaul." Lufthansa sees great growth potential in the tourist longhaul segment."

Again, done in a hurry, so apologies for errors, but this article does pretty much seem to confirm that Eurowings will continue to exist as a longhaul brand.
DC9/MD90/MD11/F70/BAE146
737/738/739/744/748/752/763/772/789
A319/A320/A321/A332/A333/A346/A359
Q400/E170/E175/E190/CS300
 
mwhcvt
Posts: 990
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:01 pm

Re: Brussels Airlines simpified livery ?

Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:42 pm

As some others have said it feels more an interim livery, to get the aircraft into service earlier, OS and LH don’t just have the tail painted it flows down only the fuselage so it’s not like SN could not continue with this, same with the winglets seem more about a fast paint job only applying the logo not the base colour probably saved a day or so of waiting on paint curing just for the same for the main body using just one tone and not a full tail likely saved several days
Must think up a new one soon, slow moving brain trying to get into gear ;)
 
RvA
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:37 pm

Re: Brussels Airlines simpified livery ?

Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:21 am

GoldenArrow wrote:
RvA wrote:
GoldenArrow wrote:

This ist not correct. Eurowings will not leave the long-haul market. Only the commercial responsibility for the long-haul business will be taken over by Lufthansa. Eurowings itself will still fly long-haul. The reason for this confusion was an unclear wording in the capital markets day presentation of Lufthansa.


This unfortunately isn’t correct either. Eurowings will not be flying long haul for much longer. It is not just commercial responsibility they will in the not so distant future hand the long haul off.


Sorry, but you are wrong. As a brand, eurowings will be kept on the long-haul market:

https://www.airliners.de/eurowings-mark ... ecke/50714

Unfortunately only in german.


Let’s see what ends up being true. We will know soon.
 
User avatar
itripreport
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:36 pm

Re: Brussels Airlines simpified livery ?

Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:10 am

Also do keep in mind that the LH group is requiring that all of their airlines now have white engines to simplify substitutions and help out during maintenance issues. That way one spare fits all (aircraft/engine-wise). So as sad as I am to say this, I'm afraid this might be (or might be close) the the full new livery.
 
SKAirbus
Posts: 1538
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:18 pm

Re: Brussels Airlines simpified livery ?

Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:15 am

Brussels Airlines (in my opinion) needs a new brand - firstly that awful dotted "b" looks like it was designed by a child and secondly the brand just doesn't fit into the Lufthansa Group image at all. Something along the lines of Austrian would be great - maybe bringing in some Belgian colours. This restructuring could be the chance to refresh the brand and start a new.

Maybe even a name change but with the brand so strong in Africa, I guess that won't happen. For many Belgians Brussels Airlines doesn't feel like a national brand - just a local brand from Brussels.
Base: BRU
 
Boavida
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:54 pm

Re: Brussels Airlines simpified livery ?

Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:09 pm

For my very first post on A.net :) I 'photoshopped' this updated livery for SN. These are the changes I would like to see (or think that will happen):

- bigger titles
- no b-logo on the fuselage
- all white fuselage (LH Group standard)
- smaller b-logo on the tail (much more classy than the big, bulky one we have today)
- no gradient colors on the b-logo dots, but full red (flat design)
- extended blue tail on the fuselage (a must)

Image

Couldn't resist making this 787 :)

Image
 
moa999
Posts: 614
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:37 am

Re: Brussels Airlines simpified livery ?

Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:24 pm

Brussels could easily be an identical scheme to LH, just with the different tail logo
 
KLDC10
Posts: 1409
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: Brussels Airlines simpified livery ?

Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:07 pm

Boavida wrote:
For my very first post on A.net :) I 'photoshopped' this updated livery for SN. These are the changes I would like to see (or think that will happen):

- bigger titles
- no b-logo on the fuselage
- all white fuselage (LH Group standard)
- smaller b-logo on the tail (much more classy than the big, bulky one we have today)
- no gradient colors on the b-logo dots, but full red (flat design)
- extended blue tail on the fuselage (a must)

Image

Couldn't resist making this 787 :)

Image


Nice work, I imagine that this will be quite close to what we will see, assuming that the photo in the OP is, in fact, only an interim measure. It's a shame about the logo though; it really is bad and ought be replaced.
DC9/MD90/MD11/F70/BAE146
737/738/739/744/748/752/763/772/789
A319/A320/A321/A332/A333/A346/A359
Q400/E170/E175/E190/CS300
 
User avatar
CarbonFibre
Topic Author
Posts: 593
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:02 pm

Re: Brussels Airlines simpified livery ?

Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:17 pm

Image
 
Boavida
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:54 pm

Re: Brussels Airlines simpified livery ?

Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:31 pm

I don't think there is anything wrong with the logo.

About the name: I also think it wasn't the ideal name (Belgian Airlines would have made more sense), but now I feel people have embraced the brand. Personally I would love to see the Sabena brand return but I'm afraid this isn't a realistic possibility.
 
jhz94
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:59 am

Re: Brussels Airlines simpified livery ?

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:50 pm

Is the last image of OO-SNM a real one? If so, I can live with that one.
Did you know that you can run diesel cars on Jet A1?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos