Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

AA623BDLSJU
Topic Author

Rumour: Is Hawaiian Airlines going to fly nonstop to Orlando?

Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:30 pm

I was surprised to see Hawaiian Airlines (HA) begin service to Orlando (MCO) starting on August 6, 2019.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_H ... stinations

Yes, I know Wikipedia is not the most reliable of sources.

I did my due diligence and searched through several sites and did not find any news. I even checked dates via a GDS.

Does anyone have any info?
Last edited by SQ22 on Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title updated
"Something special in the air."

LHUSA

Re: Is Hawaiian Airlines going to fly nonstop to Orlando?

Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:33 pm

Not a chance in h*ll, outside of one-off charter operations

Gulfstream500

Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:35 pm

AA623BDLSJU wrote:
I was surprised to see Hawaiian Airlines (HA) begin service to Orlando (MCO) starting on August 6, 2019.

I did my due diligence and searched through several sites and did not find any news. I even checked dates via a GDS.

Jetblue codeshare with a stop in JFK is what you’re seeing, I think.
Last edited by Gulfstream500 on Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So... when will the Northwest DC-9s be retired?

a318

Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:35 pm

I see Ontario, Oakland and Osaka. No Orlando.

AA623BDLSJU
Topic Author

Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:37 pm

Hah!

And as soon as I made the post, the entry in Wikipedia was removed.

Moderators...you are more than welcome to remove the post.

AA623BDLSJU
Topic Author

Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:39 pm

It's been removed from Wikipedia shortly after I made the post.

There goes my street cred. LOL

FX1816

Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:17 pm

a318 wrote:

Interesting that it has ONT in the list, HAL stopped serving ONT late 2004.

BoeingGuy

Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:25 pm

FX1816 wrote:
a318 wrote:

It’s clearly shown as a discontinued destination. Surprised it was that long ago though.

77H

Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:56 pm

BoeingGuy wrote:
FX1816 wrote:
a318 wrote:

It’s clearly shown as a discontinued destination. Surprised it was that long ago though.

Who knows, if the economy stays on the up and up maybe HA finds it worthwhile to deploy a 21N to serve the Inland Empire. Or perhaps WN once the Sad MAX debacle is sorted out.

77H

SonaSounds

Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:29 pm

MCO would be a long flight for HA. Not sure how much traffic there is between the two sun destinations though...

FX1816

Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:40 pm

BoeingGuy wrote:
FX1816 wrote:
a318 wrote:

You're right, the computer I was using at the time didn't have any of the markings showing active or discontinued.

airportugal310

Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:40 pm

MCO is a no-go on a regular basis for many (obvious?) reasons...but it's not like Pualani completely ignores the Sunshine State; she visits from time to time on sports charters, or for maintenance/livery painting in Jacksonville!
“They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.”

Boof02671

Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:05 am

AA623BDLSJU wrote:

You do realize Wiki is not a credible source.

Ishrion

Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:25 am

Boof02671 wrote:
AA623BDLSJU wrote:

Actually I find the Wiki to be pretty accurate about 95% of the time. Sure, there's random stuff in there from time to time (WN at DFW) but it's great for looking at routes and destinations.

I actually saw that AA would go mainline on DFW-Key West thanks to the Wiki. And sure enough, after checking aa.com, it was upgauged to an A319.

Yes, the Wiki is not a valid source, which is why it's best to recheck using official sites.

ScottB

Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:22 am

AA623BDLSJU wrote:
It's been removed from Wikipedia shortly after I made the post.

There goes my street cred. LOL

Your street cred was gone the instant you cited Wikipedia as a "source."

Ishrion wrote:
Actually I find the Wiki to be pretty accurate about 95% of the time. Sure, there's random stuff in there from time to time

But it's that 5% of random stuff that people pull out of their butts that makes Wikipedia a problematic source. It's fine if one understands that one needs to check the sources cited for verification, but most people don't get that.

Boof02671

Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:47 am

Ishrion wrote:
Boof02671 wrote:
AA623BDLSJU wrote:

Actually I find the Wiki to be pretty accurate about 95% of the time. Sure, there's random stuff in there from time to time (WN at DFW) but it's great for looking at routes and destinations.

I actually saw that AA would go mainline on DFW-Key West thanks to the Wiki. And sure enough, after checking aa.com, it was upgauged to an A319.

Yes, the Wiki is not a valid source, which is why it's best to recheck using official sites.

You cannot use Wiki as a source in papers for college.

From Wiki itself

“Wikipedia is not a reliable source. Wikipedia can be edited by anyone at any time. This means that any information it contains at any particular time could be vandalism, a work in progress, or just plain wrong. Biographies of living persons, subjects that happen to be in the news, and politically or culturally contentious topics are especially vulnerable to these issues. Edits on Wikipedia that are in error may eventually be fixed. However, because Wikipedia is a volunteer run project, it cannot monitor every contribution all of the time. There are many errors that remain unnoticed for days, weeks, months, or even years. Therefore, Wikipedia should not be considered a definitive source in and of itself.”

Ishrion

Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:01 am

Boof02671 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
Boof02671 wrote:

From Wiki itself

“Wikipedia is not a reliable source. Wikipedia can be edited by anyone at any time. This means that any information it contains at any particular time could be vandalism, a work in progress, or just plain wrong. Biographies of living persons, subjects that happen to be in the news, and politically or culturally contentious topics are especially vulnerable to these issues. Edits on Wikipedia that are in error may eventually be fixed. However, because Wikipedia is a volunteer run project, it cannot monitor every contribution all of the time. There are many errors that remain unnoticed for days, weeks, months, or even years. Therefore, Wikipedia should not be considered a definitive source in and of itself.”

But....

You CAN use the sources listed at the bottom of the page.

RWA380

Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:38 pm

Boof02671 wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
Boof02671 wrote:

From Wiki itself

Wiki is not reliable: Why you ask? Because there is one guy responsible for over 3 million entries on it, this man, who I believe he is trying to help in his heart - https://www.cbsnews.com/news/meet-the-m ... wikipedia/

I seriously want to ban the use of wikipedia to start threads on this site. This is not a reflection, in my mind on the user & more on the source. Quite frankly remember the before times (Pre-Wikipedia) & lots of what I have read there has busted me up, some has been spot on accurate, but the largest category is, "Oh man, that's sad what people are taking for truth".

We as a community need to tell the Mods how you feel about the Wikipedia subject, if you feel anything at all. I have considered asking how my peers here felt about Wikipedia, so it's out there now. I usually gloss over Wikipedia based articles, but after living & selling travel in Hawaii before, I love seeing how a thread like this goes. Unless a lot changed, most Hawaiians who love Disney, go to Ko'Olina & get Kama'aina rates or they stop in California for a few days, enroute to Vegas.
707 717 720 727-1/2 737-1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 747-1/2/3/4 757-2/3 767-2/3/4 777-2/3 DC8 DC9 MD80/2/7/8 D10-1/3/4 M11 L10-1/2/5 A300/310/320
AA AC AQ AS BA BD BN CO CS DL EA EZ HA HG HP KL KN MP MW NK NW OZ PA PS QX RC RH RW SA TG TW UA US VS WA WC WN WP YS 8M

MIflyer12

Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:05 pm

RWA380 wrote:
I seriously want to ban the use of wikipedia to start threads on this site. This is not a reflection, in my mind on the user & more on the source. Quite frankly remember the before times (Pre-Wikipedia) & lots of what I have read there has busted me up, some has been spot on accurate, but the largest category is, "Oh man, that's sad what people are taking for truth".

We as a community need to tell the Mods how you feel about the Wikipedia subject, if you feel anything at all. I have considered asking how my peers here felt about Wikipedia, so it's out there now.

Lots of what gets posted in this forum wouldn't pass muster in an 8th grade English class. It isn't - largely - a function of people who don't have English as a first language. It's poor understanding of proper research and formation of an argument.

I heard that... You heard that from whom? Why do you think that's an informed, credible source?

Rumours... 'Nuf said.

I read that... You read it where? Give a link and a specific citation.

Carrier XX is bigger... Bigger by what measure, flights, aircraft, seats, passengers, revenue, employee count, Revenue Passenger Miles...? Give a link to a source for any assertion that is not near-universally accepted by this audience. Neo has better fuel burn... Show the chart and list the parameters used to develop the chart comparison.

Successful theses - intellectually-founded arguments - rely on cited, reliable sources, a statement coherent with ALL known facts, and on reason. Too much here is like children arguing about what's the best color.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos