Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

mham001

Re: Passenger on AA from KIN-MIA asked to deboard to change from her romper outfit

Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:43 am

continental004 wrote:
First of all, there is nothing wrong with that lady’s outfit and anyone who thinks otherwise can go back to the 50s with their “standards of dress.”

Conversely, some could say they find it repulsive and say anyone who thinks otherwise can go live somewhere else...

See how that extreme absolutism works?

ubeema

Passenger on AA from KIN-MIA asked to deboard to change from her romper outfit

Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:55 am

WayexTDI wrote:
stl07 wrote:
WayexTDI wrote:
Every time you step into a private property; the owner or operator can kick you out if they feel your classiness (or lack thereof) is contrary to company values or rules.

This isn't a sit down restaurant

And? It's still a private property with set rules.
Why would it be different between an airplane and a restaurant?

From AA website:
Dress appropriately; bare feet or offensive clothing aren’t allowed.

WayexTDI I don’t think anyone disputes the rule exists. Based on the same rule above My parents would say it is inappropriate to go in public let alone air travel with sandals, yet how many times I have seen that. Vacation bound flights would be half empty if the same FA was in charge. I think the rule in AA case is so broad it is either not enforced or abused.

YellowJ

Re: Passenger on AA from KIN-MIA asked to deboard to change from her romper outfit

Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:04 am

smokeybandit wrote:
To be fair, was the presentation of the outfit like that when she was on the plane? Or was it a bit more sultry then?

It's a romper. Just how you see it in the pictures is how she would have appeared. You can't really sultry up a romper; either you have curves to fill it out or you don't. A lot of people who live in hot climates wear them in the summer as it's cool, as well as the tourists. Go to any airport in the Caribbean during summer and count the people wearing rompers coming off the planes.

Some flight attendant (not even the gate agent) went on a power trip over it and it shouldn't have happened. I've seen many people in rompers who look like iron boards, straight up and down because they have no curves to fill it out. No one would have blinked a eye in their case.

continental004

Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:14 am

WayexTDI wrote:
continental004 wrote:
First of all, there is nothing wrong with that lady’s outfit and anyone who thinks otherwise can go back to the 50s with their “standards of dress.”

So, "my way or the highway"? What are you doing on a discussion forum then?

Because I like planes and am interested in travel and the business of aviation?

DenverTed

Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:16 am

I'd say this case just goes to show if shoulder straps should be part of the dress code, or if bare skin backs should be allowed on airplane seats.

MaverickM11

Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:16 am

YellowJ wrote:
smokeybandit wrote:
To be fair, was the presentation of the outfit like that when she was on the plane? Or was it a bit more sultry then?

It's a romper. Just how you see it in the pictures is how she would have appeared. You can't really sultry up a romper; either you have curves to fill it out or you don't. A lot of people who live in hot climates wear them in the summer as it's cool, as well as the tourists. Go to any airport in the Caribbean during summer and count the people wearing rompers coming off the planes.

Some flight attendant (not even the gate agent) went on a power trip over it and it shouldn't have happened. I've seen many people in rompers who look like iron boards, straight up and down because they have no curves to fill it out. No one would have blinked a eye in their case.

:checkmark: AA FAs can barely get PDBs out consistently so let’s not saddle them with policing outfits.
I don't take responsibility at all

maverick4002

Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:17 am

aemoreira1981 wrote:
I can’t unsee the original post, but I’m going with American here. What happened to etiquette?

Etiquette? Please tell me what is wrong with her outfit? Yall are so full of shit eh

DenverTed

Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:17 am

Yes, the colors are much to festive and distracting.

BWA900

Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:24 am

WayexTDI wrote:
BWA900 wrote:
WHO ARE ANY OF YOU TO TELL A WOMAN HOW TO DRESS? Having lived in the Caribbean, women of such voluptuous beauty can be seen at every second of the day. If it is a case that she has been blessed with such a body and not you or whoever you may be associated with, who's fault is that? Most of these comments are extremely sad and repulsive. Moderators continue to turn a blind eye to such folly!

WHO ARE YOU TO TELL US WHAT TO THINK? Some of us have an opinion (that's contrary to your obviously) and are not forcing it down your throat as you're trying to.

Again, she stepped onto a private property; as such, she has to abide by the rules set by the property owner or operator.
WHO ARE YOU TO TELL AA WHAT THEY CAN AND CAN'T DO ON THEIR OWN METAL? See how one can use your own train of thoughts against you?

I have seen passengers of plywood figures (of the obvious demographic, all shade intended) wear the exact outfits on the very same airline and nothing had been said. This was clear discrimination.
You could have skipped this entire response. It proves the very undertones that lie in my original post. Have a blessed day.
Flown: A300 A319 A320 A321 A333 A343 A359 A388 AT72 AT76 B712 B735 B736 B737 B738 B739 B38M B744 B752 B753 B763 B772ER B772LR B77W B788 B789 CRJ2 CRJ7 CRJ9 DH8A DH8B DH8D E145 E170 E190

MaverickM11

Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:25 am

WayexTDI wrote:
Airlinerguy wrote:
When are we gonna stop telling women what's appropriate for them to wear.
This policing of women has got to stop.

Dress codes/policies apply to both men and women.

So, it's OK for you if a pax shows up dressed like that?

Or like that?

Who cares? I can’t fathom being triggered by what someone is wearing, other than swastikas or confederate flags etc. All of those people look light years better than the folks schlumping around in pajamas and carrying a pillow through the airport...but who the hell cares?
I don't take responsibility at all

Aesma

Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:32 am

If airlines want to enforce a dress code, then do so, but make it well known what that dress code actually is. I don't see anything wrong with her outfit.

EC135C wrote:
She has no class. Just an attention grabbing wannbe. Kick her off.

So only classy people can fly in your world ?
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

JAAlbert

Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:40 am

WayexTDI wrote:
Airlinerguy wrote:
When are we gonna stop telling women what's appropriate for them to wear.
This policing of women has got to stop.

Dress codes/policies apply to both men and women.

So, it's OK for you if a pax shows up dressed like that?

Or like that?

Okay by me, I mean really I don't get the offense. BTW, I kinda like the men's rompers. If I were 21yrs, with ripped muscles and not an ounce of body fat, I'd wear one of those ;) (duty to disclose -- Sadly, I have never had ripped muscles and a solid layer of protective fat hangs from my body).

jetmechanicdave
Head Support

Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:48 am

Let’s keep the racism out of the discussion.
Aircraft Mechanic and Airliners.net Forum Moderator

JAAlbert

Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:51 am

What about the guy who took off his pants (and socks) on that Air France flight awhile back? The flight attendants simply shrugged. The passenger next to him was a bit ruffled, but settled down and everyone managed to finish the flight without having multiple melt downs. Personally, the socks/no socks issue would be my concern give the odoriferous nature of some folks' feet.

Here's the link https://onemileatatime.com/man-takes-of ... ir-france/

DL747400

Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:57 am

usxguy wrote:
was she a non-rev?

Get out of my head !!!!! I was think the SAME THING. I'd bet she was a nonrev.
From First to Worst: The history of Airliners.net.

All posts reflect my opinions, not those of my employer or any other company.

ikramerica

Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:59 am

All people should be required to dress the same like in the future from the past. Or like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP7RkLDiQGk
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

JohnAudiR18

Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:04 am

Why can’t we go back to the day of wearing suits and ties/business attire for flights?

BAINY3

Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:04 am

I think the particular route should at least be somewhat relevant here. The outfit seems festive, tropical, Caribbean, and I don't see anything wrong with the cut and color of the outfit on a flight that takes place entirely in the Caribbean tropics. The one question I have is about the material. It was hard to tell from the photo but if it was of a thin/polyester/etc nature, it could be classified as a swimsuit and that would probably not work for a flight, but if it was something a bit sturdier like a cotton/denim/etc blend I think that would be fine. You see people wearing things like this on the street in that region all the time, and all the "offensive" regions seem to be covered.

Edit: Maybe not in first class, though... do we know what cabin she was in?

gatibosgru

Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:07 am

JohnAudiR18 wrote:
Why can’t we go back to the day of wearing suits and ties/business attire for flights?

Because some people value comfort over other people's opinions?
@DadCelo

strfyr51

Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:44 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tisha-rowe-black-woman-says-american-airlines-crew-made-her-cover-up-outfit-with-a-blanket-2019-07-11/

By my judgement, Dr. Rowe's romper outfit did need to be covered up. But since when was any airline's regulations standardized??

"Rowe told KHOU that she was traveling with her 8-year-old son on June 30 when she was asked to step off the plane. Once off, she was told to cover up or she wouldn't be allowed back on. After failing to change the crew's mind, she asked for a blanket, wrapped it around herself and then walked down the plane's aisle to her seat.t

American Airlines rules state only that passengers must "dress appropriately," and bare feet or offensive clothing aren't allowed. Rowe said the crew didn't single out anyone else, even a woman who wearing smaller shorts."

I've seen far worse outfits inbound from Hawaii, I used to Laugh when they got off the plane and They turned into one giant "Goose Pimple".! SFO is not the place to be walking around with your BUTT hanging out.

Super80Fan

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:15 am

DL747400 wrote:
usxguy wrote:
was she a non-rev?

Get out of my head !!!!! I was think the SAME THING. I'd bet she was a nonrev.

Wondering the same thing, and nobody has answered so far. I do not think she was a nonrev but it is entirely possible she was traveling with a buddy pass.
RIP McDonnell Douglas
RIP US Airways

Super80Fan

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:16 am

JohnAudiR18 wrote:

We can just as soon as the airlines go back to 34'' minimum pitch in Y, get rid of the fees, and bring back free hot meals in all classes to most flights and cold meals on all flights.
RIP McDonnell Douglas
RIP US Airways

db373

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:17 am

WayexTDI wrote:
Brickell305 wrote:
WayexTDI wrote:
We are in 2019, not 1959. Companies cannot side publicly with their employees, or they'll be flamed down by the social media "justice".
Unless the airline reprimanded the employee (even if just a discussion), then it's their way to save face towards the public.

It doesn’t matter their reason. The owner spoke and they sided with her.

Actually, the owner didn't speak, as American Airlines is a publicly traded company.

And the reason DOES matter: accept it or not, in this day and age, social media "justice" is extremely powerful, and a lot of time extremely damaging.
So, American did damage control which was to "sacrifice" their employee on public place. But I'd be extremely surprised if this employee faced actual consequences behind closed doors.

Wait....Didn't you JUST argue a few posts up that the owners spoke? Here is your exact quote unless you forgot "Remember: an airplane is still a private property, and the owner or operator can set their own rules."

So are you the only one allowed to determine when an owner speaks or doesn't? What am I missing.....?
Keep Delta My Delta

LaunchDetected

Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:21 am

I've seen far worse outfits, not classy, but then a lot of people would not be allowed to fly.

The plane was certainly overbooked and they needed a justification to disembark someone.
Caravelle lover

zeke

Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:35 am

sccutler wrote:
Not the level of clothing dignity I'd choose for myself or my family, but I am old-school.

Hardly appears obscene or offensive, and we've all seen worse.

I agree with your sentiments. I wouldn't own something that looked like that, but that if just my old school personal preference

For a location that on goes above 86 deg F all year round, this sort of attire would have to be expected as it is practical for the conditions.
Human rights lawyers are "ambulance chasers of the very worst kind.'" - Sky News

carlokiii

Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:09 am

I think the point that some is missing is the inconsistency with AA's regulation rather than determining what's appropriate to wear.

Because regardless if one thinks it's appropriate or not, this outfit is worn fairly frequently in a lot of locations, much more Jamaica and Miami. So to have one passenger singled out (for whatever reason the flight attendant thought of) is the issue, and AA ultimately agreed that the flight attendant was out of line.

Personally, I really don't think what one individual wears should be the business of another individual unless you are a regulator at a regulated place, i.e. laboratory, church, workplace, etc. Private concessionaires such as airlines may impose their own rules but must be enforced consistently else it would be discriminatory.

Just a point for thought... to have a forum of mostly men discussing what's appropriate for a woman to wear is not a good look.

T54A

Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:47 am

I, along with my conservative wife, are desperately trying to figure out what is offensive (other than the colour) about the outfit. POTUS paints himself orange, surely after than anything goes?
T6, Allouette 3, Oryx, King Air, B1900, B727, B744, A319, A342/3/6 A332/3 A359

TheFlyingDisk

Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:08 am

Honestly, do you really need to expose a lot of skin to face a hot clime?

I mean I live in a tropical country and I never found the need to wear short shorts or tank tops.
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO

Noshow

Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:14 am

I'm travelling a tad more formal myself but I cannot see any problem with a dress like that. An airplane seat is not a royal lodge or similar so airlines should respect the way their paying customers are dressed. I think it is more disturbing to see some people put their bare feet on the seats or even on the tables onboard and such.

keesje

Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:18 am

EC135C wrote:

:biggrin: :biggrin: throwing oil :talktothehand:

I always love when somebody is dragged of an aircraft for questionable reasons & then he / she is a docter with a lawyer. :stirthepot:
"Never mistake motion for action." Ernest Hemingway

oldannyboy

Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:23 am

T54A wrote:
I find the weird fear of the female form in the US rather odd.

Not to mention that of the man.

If you think that the US is prude with the female form, then the awkward embarrassment that surrounds the vision of the male penis is nothing short of mind-blowing.

I was once asked by a young man on a nudist beach if I could please put my swimming suit back on because my penis was found to be offensive by his wife. Offensive, yes. A term I would normally associate with a weapon, not with my willy.

T54A

Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:25 am

oldannyboy wrote:
T54A wrote:
I find the weird fear of the female form in the US rather odd.

Not to mention that of the man.

If you think that the US is prude with the female form, then the awkward embarrassment that surrounds the vision of the male penis is nothing short of mind-blowing.

I was once asked by a young man on a nudist beach if I could please put my swimming suit back on because my penis was found to be offensive by his wife. Offensive, yes. A term I would normally associate with a weapon, not with my willy.

I hope you took that as a compliment. I suspect his wife wasn’t offended at all.
T6, Allouette 3, Oryx, King Air, B1900, B727, B744, A319, A342/3/6 A332/3 A359

Revelation

Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:16 am

WayexTDI wrote:
stl07 wrote:
EC135C wrote:

Since when was classiness a requirement to fly?

Every time you step into a private property; the owner or operator can kick you out if they feel your classiness (or lack thereof) is contrary to company values or rules.

And when providing a public service laws about gender and racial bias still apply, and given that this woman was dressed appropriately for the conditions and makes the kind of money that provides access to a civil rights lawyer, AA was smart to tuck their tail between their legs and apologize before they got slapped with a law suit they knew they would lose.
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

Motorhussy

Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:32 am

WayexTDI wrote:
stl07 wrote:
WayexTDI wrote:

This isn't a sit down restaurant

And? It's still a private property with set rules.
Why would it be different between an airplane and a restaurant?

Dude (and I’m assuming here by my gender choice of you but hey) private property etc is not being debated here but the way the crew interpreted the rules regarding the conditions of carriage. They made a judgement call where they shouldn’t have, their employer agreed that this was the case. They’ve apologised to the nice lady.
come visit the south pacific

MIflyer12

Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:50 am

Revelation wrote:
WayexTDI wrote:
stl07 wrote:
Since when was classiness a requirement to fly?

And when providing a public service laws about gender and racial bias still apply, and given that this woman was dressed appropriately for the conditions and makes the kind of money that provides access to a civil rights lawyer, AA was smart to tuck their tail between their legs and apologize before they got slapped with a law suit they knew they would lose.

It's unfortunate that only the people with money and lawyers are reliably guaranteed their civil rights in the U.S., but here we are.

The simple remark by a FA, 'May I get you a blanket? You might find the plane chilly.' would have encouraged a cover-up without a confrontational demand.

Blimpie

Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:52 am

This entire thread painfully reminds me of John Updaike's A&P.

Personally, I hate the calls for million dollar lawsuits against AA. I've said this before, and I'll likely say this a hundred times over, people are people, and people will always do their own thing on or off their employer's time. In this case, the flight attendant made a judgement call, and whether or not one wishes to argue if it was the right one or not, human nature dictates people still make judgement calls. AA can go back in to their policies and clarify and add more detail, but at the end of the day, another FA down the road would still just as likely interpret the policy differently than the FA next to them, and we'd be having this same discussion again.

I know we can all sit here and lay claim, that if the flight attendant is a company employee, they represent the values and culture of the airline, and therefore it is ultimately the airliner's fault; however, the day flight attendants are replaced by robots, or are implanted with little tiny AI chips powered by airliner supercomputers to either control thought, or suppress anything outside of the airline's control, people will still use their own thought processes to carryout their tasks.

Shame that in this case, there was no Sammy to stand up for the pax.
Now get the hell off of my lawn your dang kids!

exFWAOONW

Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:57 am

LaunchDetected wrote:
I've seen far worse outfits, not classy, but then a lot of people would not be allowed to fly.

The plane was certainly overbooked and they needed a justification to disembark someone.

If so, why did they let her re-board (covered by a blanket)?

AA owes her more than an apology. Forcing her to take “a walk of shame” to re-join her child on the flight is a black eye for the entire company. It’s also great customer service.
Is just me, or is flying not as much fun anymore?

slvrblt

Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:18 pm

Hmph.

In the context of today's styles , I don't see anything wrong with this particular outfit. Plus, the woman handled herself really well, didn't launch into screams or curses, just kept it low key so the crew fashion police couldn't bounce her from the flight.

Really, I see far worse in the terminals everyday and no one says anything. My own opinion is I feel most people these days have no self-respect. They wear what they feel like and it doesn't matter if they're going on a flight or going to the gym.

You want to see some REALLY, uhm, interesting clothing, check out the flights to Cuba, particularly Havana. Quite entertaining. To say it's only curvaceous black women isn't true, although based on empirical observation, it IS mostly women. You rarely see guys wearing what could be termed 'racy' or eye-opening outfits, it's almost always the women.
..everything works out in the end.

Revelation

Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:28 pm

slvrblt wrote:
My own opinion is I feel most people these days have no self-respect. They wear what they feel like and it doesn't matter if they're going on a flight or going to the gym.

IMO there are cases where dress indicates low self respect, and other cases where dress indicates enough self respect to say I don't need to yield to other people's need to feel superior and exert peer pressure. With respect to the later, your "crew fashion police" statement was right on.
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

Brickell305

Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:29 pm

Blimpie wrote:

Personally, I hate the calls for million dollar lawsuits against AA. I've said this before, and I'll likely say this a hundred times over, people are people, and people will always do their own thing on or off their employer's time. In this case, the flight attendant made a judgement call, and whether or not one wishes to argue if it was the right one or not, human nature dictates people still make judgement calls. AA can go back in to their policies and clarify and add more detail, but at the end of the day, another FA down the road would still just as likely interpret the policy differently than the FA next to them, and we'd be having this same discussion again.

I know we can all sit here and lay claim, that if the flight attendant is a company employee, they represent the values and culture of the airline, and therefore it is ultimately the airliner's fault; however, the day flight attendants are replaced by robots, or are implanted with little tiny AI chips powered by airliner supercomputers to either control thought, or suppress anything outside of the airline's control, people will still use their own thought processes to carryout their tasks.

Who has called for a million dollar lawsuit against AA?

Thibault973

Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:33 pm

strfyr51 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tisha-rowe-black-woman-says-american-airlines-crew-made-her-cover-up-outfit-with-a-blanket-2019-07-11/

By my judgement, Dr. Rowe's romper outfit did need to be covered up. But since when was any airline's regulations standardized??

"Rowe told KHOU that she was traveling with her 8-year-old son on June 30 when she was asked to step off the plane. Once off, she was told to cover up or she wouldn't be allowed back on. After failing to change the crew's mind, she asked for a blanket, wrapped it around herself and then walked down the plane's aisle to her seat.t

American Airlines rules state only that passengers must "dress appropriately," and bare feet or offensive clothing aren't allowed. Rowe said the crew didn't single out anyone else, even a woman who wearing smaller shorts."

I've seen far worse outfits inbound from Hawaii, I used to Laugh when they got off the plane and They turned into one giant "Goose Pimple".! SFO is not the place to be walking around with your BUTT hanging out.

I've flown coming back from MAD just last week wearing wayyyyy less fabric (you couldn't even see my shorts under my shirt)...and I am a male. Nobody told me nothing and I was willing to fight if anybody dared to voice their unsollicited opinion.

AaronPGH

Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:35 pm

Thinly-veiled racism.

DL717

Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:35 pm

You gotta laugh though. Wasn’t American where the well dressed businessman took a dump in a first class service cart?
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?

CHRISBA35X

Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:52 pm

Deary me. So much for the land of the free and the home of the brave. America is going to hell in a handbasket. Absolutely ridiculous.

The FA who deboarded her needs to be fired in short order if there are no extenuating circumstances. In the US everyone should be free to be who they want to be, love who they want to love and dress how they want to dress. Anyone getting offended by her outfit (which is really nice btw) needs to get with the 21st century. AA are off my fly list now - ludicrous, discriminatory policy.

I bet if she was white and wore that outfit nobody would have batted an eyelid. In fact, if I as a white man turned up at the gate wearing that I bet nobody would say anything.

BWA900

Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:00 pm

After all is said and done, this woman stands proud in her beauty and glory whilst the Anet armchair warriors continue to fume over her figure. It is clear she celebrates her body and her braveness reflects the attitudes of the VERY pro-figure Caribbean region!

I cannot fathom being a racist person sitting behind a computer keyboard gawking over someone's clothing and body. If that is how low your decorum scrapes the floor, may you have some sort of revelation ASAP. Without doubt that crew member needs to be reprimanded if not sacked, as NO ONE should be forced to cover up their body at the mercy of an INSECURE F/A.
Flown: A300 A319 A320 A321 A333 A343 A359 A388 AT72 AT76 B712 B735 B736 B737 B738 B739 B38M B744 B752 B753 B763 B772ER B772LR B77W B788 B789 CRJ2 CRJ7 CRJ9 DH8A DH8B DH8D E145 E170 E190

drerx7

Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:02 pm

Me knowing the woman in question personally - notwithstanding...I have seen passengers wearing much much much less and much much more offensive attire. The fact that she is a medical doctor is just more fuel to a PR snafu. For those that want to say "being an MD doesn't make her more special". Of course it does not; but she is by far the most humble medical doctor that I have met personally - and being a dentist myself I have met a lot. I think she handled the situation with as much aplomb and class as anyone could.
HOUSTON, TEXAS

DenverTed

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:37 pm

Brickell305 wrote:
Blimpie wrote:

Who has called for a million dollar lawsuit against AA?

It was a negligent dress code policy for a billion dollar company in the customer service business. "Offensive" That is what it all revolved around and what this woman's dress was deemed by an employee. So yes, they invisible hand of the free market dictates that they must pay damages until they fix it. Most school district dress code policies are a few pages long. One would expect that there would be a model dress code that most airlines would be using by this point in time.

Kno

Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:01 pm

A couple things

- It's summer - on almost any flight you will see at least a couple of women wearing one of those

- Out of the rompers I've seen people wearing hers is actually far less revealing - the shorts go down further than many and hardly any cleavage is showing.

flyingclrs727

Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:08 pm

DenverTed wrote:
trex8 wrote:
Lots of people I've seen on hawaiian interisland planes need to be deboarded!!'

Who goes barefoot in an airplane lav? I'm not a clean freak, but that one caught my attention.

Especially for an MD. She ought to know how unhygenic it is.

DenverTed

Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:20 pm

Kno wrote:
A couple things

- It's summer - on almost any flight you will see at least a couple of women wearing one of those

- Out of the rompers I've seen people wearing hers is actually far less revealing - the shorts go down further than many and hardly any cleavage is showing.

Which goes to the question of how much leg needs to be covered and how much cleavage and how one would define that.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos