Avionik

Re: City of Denver threatens to pull Ferrovial-led contract to redevelop DEN terminal

Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:56 am

I love this picture: https://wp-cpr.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads ... 24x683.jpg

The contractors have a huge conference room with three rows of tables, but passengers are squished into a narrow corridor behind construction walls. This sums up every airport construction project.

airfrnt

Re: City of Denver threatens to pull Ferrovial-led contract to redevelop DEN terminal

Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:08 am

Avionik wrote:

The contractors have a huge conference room with three rows of tables, but passengers are squished into a narrow corridor behind construction walls. This sums up every airport construction project.

Yes, this was one of the cities complaints with the partners.

AAguy1992

Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:01 pm

The CEO of the DIA needs to take the fall, along with the mayor. Politics as usual in Denver, just the faces change.

77H

Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:14 am

globalflyer wrote:
Off topic, but we indeed have the worst roads I have ever driven on in Colorado. The tire companies are likely raking in millions. Pot hole capital! I have seen the artist renderings but I still cannot picture how the Great Hall will work and the new security?

I suppose that means you’ve never been to Honolulu... our potholes have potholes.

77H

slider

Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:40 pm

Avionik wrote:

I understand the optics of this picture, but hold the phone--do you know anything about construction?

How many subcontractors do they have there? How many laborers and tradesmen at any given time? This is their ONLY spot presumably and it has to serve as a meeting room, office, makeshift kitchen, break area, you name it.

Of all the things to bitch about, this is petty. Construction projects have needs.

intotheair
Topic Author

Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:27 pm

DIA has selected Jacobs Engineering to manage the project after Great Hall Partners leaves the site on November 12. You may remember the local engineering firm CH2MHill, which was acquired by Jacobsen nearly two years ago. Also, the contractor working on the TSA part of the project has been selected to continue. City Council needs to approve the new partners.

https://www.bizjournals.com/denver/news ... s_headline

I still think it was a strong move on DIA's part to terminate the initial contract once they realized they were going to only run into more problems with them down the line.
300 319 320 321 332 333 345 346 380 717 733 734 735 73G 738 739 744 752 753 762 763 772 77W 788 789 CR2 CR7 CR9 CRK Q400 E175 DC10 MD82 MD90
AA AF AS AY AZ B6 BA BR DL F9 FI GA HA KF LH MI QX SK SN SQ UA US VY WN

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos