qf789
Topic Author

Australian Aviation Thread - August 2019

Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:21 pm

Welcome to Australian Aviation Thread August 2019. Please continue to add your comments below

Link to last thread

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1426003

Qantas Fleet Thread

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1411865

This month will see financial results handed down for both VA and QF

Virgin Group results - 28 August

Qantas Group results - 22 August
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - August 2019

Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:31 pm

CityRail wrote:
May I ask which of the 6 VA A330 has WiFi now?

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 SM-A7050 發送

Currently there are 3 with WIFI being XFE, XFG and XFH
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:41 pm

Last week Perth Airport released its Preliminary Draft Master plan 2020, refer to the following for more information

https://www.perthairport.com.au/Home/co ... -downloads

It is now open for public comments which will close on the 18th of October

Perth Airport has also said they are currently working with Qantas on their requirements for the new terminal which includes design and planning of the new terminal

https://blueswandaily.com/perth-airport ... struction/
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:24 pm

Singapore Airlines has seen group net profit fall partly due to higher than estimated losses at Virgin

https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/pdf/ ... fy1920.pdf

On a separate note, there has a been a change made to 737 Business class this week, at the moment it is only on selected flights but the change will be made permanent by the end of next month.
Forum Moderator

SCFlyer

Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:06 am

In relation to SQ mentioning VA's poor financial performance for a profit downturn at the SQ group, TK (Turkish Airlines) have recently being mentioned among the interested parties for HNA's stake in VA.

TK now joins other previously mentioned parties in the past few years such as NH and DL for the EY and/or SQ stakes in VA.

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/turki ... 00937.html

xiaotung

Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:25 am

SCFlyer wrote:
In relation to SQ mentioning VA's poor financial performance for a profit downturn at the SQ group, TK (Turkish Airlines) have recently being mentioned among the interested parties for HNA's stake in VA.

TK now joins other previously mentioned parties in the past few years such as NH and DL for the EY and/or SQ stakes in VA.

I hope this happens sooner rather than later. The current arrangement with HNA is a joke. NHA Group of airlines bring very little benefits to Velocity members. Having TK would be a huge win for Velocity, assuming TK's own flights down under are imminent. The only problem would be competing with EY and SQ for the same European traffic. The new VA CEO can look back at the company's history and hopefully he can do a much better job than his predecessor in terms of boardroom conflicts. Perhaps he can also patch things up when the new NZ CEO comes in.

waoz1

Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:45 am

qf789 wrote:
Last week Perth Airport released its Preliminary Draft Master plan 2020, refer to the following for more information

Perth Airport has also said they are currently working with Qantas on their requirements for the new terminal which includes design and planning of the new terminal

Dreaded stairs are going!

"Perth Airport is planning to replace three of the existing
aerobridges, with the first replacement expected in 2020.
The new aerobridges will greatly improve passenger
experience through the provision of dual headed bridges
with ramps and lifts for passenger boarding, removing the
need to use existing stairs."

CraigAnderson

Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:58 am

Now this would be a very interesting partnership, if TK takes a stake in VA

https://www.executivetraveller.com/turk ... -australia

getluv

Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:29 am

It would be a surprising partnership but it would not solve the dilemma VA finds itself in, i.e. too many interested parties. Despite being in the same alliance, I don't think TK has a very friendly relationship with SQ and other SA members outside codesharing arrangements.
I'm that bad type.

aerohottie

Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:43 am

getluv wrote:
It would be a surprising partnership but it would not solve the dilemma VA finds itself in, i.e. too many interested parties. Despite being in the same alliance, I don't think TK has a very friendly relationship with SQ and other SA members outside codesharing arrangements.

Agree... VA would be better off with stronger holdings from SQ, and a rekindling of the relationship with NZ. Nanshan and HNA add no real benefit to VA or it's velocity members.
I also think VA would do well to get closer to Star Alliance airlines. It would make sense for UA, NH and NZ to buy Nanshan, HNA and Etihads holdings.

UA could pull VA away from DL, and enter an antitrust arrangement with NZ and AC much like QF and AA.
NH would provide a strong partner in North Asia
NZ bolsters the network across the tasman and provides feed.

Just my 2 cents
What?

SCFlyer

Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:05 am

aerohottie wrote:
getluv wrote:

Agree... VA would be better off with stronger holdings from SQ, and a rekindling of the relationship with NZ. Nanshan and HNA add no real benefit to VA or it's velocity members.
I also think VA would do well to get closer to Star Alliance airlines. It would make sense for UA, NH and NZ to buy Nanshan, HNA and Etihads holdings.

UA could pull VA away from DL, and enter an antitrust arrangement with NZ and AC much like QF and AA.
NH would provide a strong partner in North Asia
NZ bolsters the network across the tasman and provides feed.

Just my 2 cents

SQ can't be treated as a serious buyer those days considering the contradicting statements from them. Every year "SQ" claims to want a "bigger" stake, they have all turned out to be "fizzers".
In addition, SQ have directly blamed VA for a profit downturn in the most recent financials, and it's not the first time SQ have blamed VA for profit downturn. I would not be surprised if SQ actually wants out of VA.

VA and UA are 'enemies' and don't currently have an interline agreement. UA is alleged to have agreed with NZ's outgoing CEO that VA "should only be a domestic airline feeder" for NZ and the Star Alliance, which was soundly rejected in the VA boardroom during the heated clash between JB and CL. Luxon should've just stuck to VA's financials in his case to oust JB instead of letting egos clash with the other ego.

Luxon had also recently integrated FF agreements with QF, and the codeshare agreement with QF is likely to run for 5 years, so any VA/NZ tie-ups will have to happen at Q4 2023 at the earliest. The most VA/NZ can do is to strengthen their (lack) of interline agreement once the new NZ CEO steps in.

Considering VA and VS has recently got a JV approved with VS's owners DL watching on (and SQ and EY being hands-off VA), this drags VA slightly more away from the Star Alliance. If anything, the closest VA is going to get to be "purely" domestic is likely to be under DL ownership, with their only int'l being NZ and LAX.

xiaotung

Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:18 am

SCFlyer wrote:

SQ can't be treated as serious buyers those days considering the contradicting statements from them. Every year "SQ" claims to want a "bigger" stake, they have all turned out to be "fizzers".
In addition, SQ have directly blamed VA for a profit downturn in the most recent financials, and it's not the first time SQ have blamed VA for profit downturn. I would not be surprised if SQ actually wants out of VA.

It's been established that SQ can't buy anymore of VA without triggering a full takeover bid. Given VA's current financial state, a takeover seems unlikely but they would also not likely to exit given Australia and Velocity's strategic importance. It would probably just be status quo for SQ.

SCFlyer wrote:
Luxon had also recently integrated FF agreements with QF, and the codeshare agreement with QF is likely to run for 5 years, so any VA/NZ tie-ups will have to happen at Q4 2023 at the earliest. The most VA/NZ can do is to strengthen their (lack) of interline agreement once the new NZ CEO steps in.

Considering VA and VS has recently got a JV approved with VS's owners DL watching on (and SQ and EY being hands-off VA), this drags VA further away from the Star Alliance. If anything, the closest VA is going to get to be "purely" domestic is likely to be under DL ownership, with their only int'l being NZ and LAX.

What QF and NZ have is a codeshare agreement which does not require government approval so the 5 year assumption is wrong. Airlines start and end codeshare agreement all the time. QF/NZ partnership makes no sense and only benefits a very small group of people who travel to regional destinations.

As for the alleged DL ownership, I have never read anywhere that DL is interested other than here on A.net. Buying into a money losing airline with very little strategic importance doesn't seem like anything DL would want to do.

SCFlyer

Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:25 am

xiaotung wrote:
SCFlyer wrote:

SQ can't be treated as serious buyers those days considering the contradicting statements from them. Every year "SQ" claims to want a "bigger" stake, they have all turned out to be "fizzers".

It's been established that SQ can't buy anymore of VA without triggering a full takeover bid. Given VA's current financial state, a takeover seems unlikely but they would also not likely to exit given Australia and Velocity's strategic importance. It would probably just be status quo for SQ.

The other alternative for SQ group without putting themselves at financial risk is buying into Affinity's stake in Velocity, whilst at the same time selling off their VA stake to other parties. Thus reducing the financial risk for SQ whilst maintaining a presence in the Australian market.

All of the SQ group (including their stake in Vistara) bar their 20% stake in VA is starting to make money

This scenario ensures the agreement between VA and SQ continues beyond Q3 2021.

SCFlyer

Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:30 am

xiaotung wrote:

As for the alleged DL ownership, I have never read anywhere that DL is interested other than here on A.net. Buying into a money losing airline with very little strategic importance doesn't seem like anything DL would want to do.

DL hasn't ruled anything out regarding VA back in 2016. This was established during the end of the NZ/VA bustup when NZ put their VA stake up for sale.

DL has since remained coy (e.g have not ruled out buying a stake nor have confirmed buying a VA stake).

Source: https://www.smh.com.au/business/compani ... o3zq0.html

DanielK

Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:47 am

qf789 wrote:

The new "Master Plan" appears to show a decrease in the "so-called" international terminal expansion. I wonder why it keeps getting smaller each time, is it to do with no airlines interested or just insufficient money to afford it all. Obviously in an ideal world, I'd hope that they'd carried out the original plan because it was future-proof and with it being lodged in the center of the consolidated sight, may struggle to increase the terminal once everything else is complete.

xiaotung

Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:10 am

SCFlyer wrote:
xiaotung wrote:

DL hasn't ruled anything out regarding VA back in 2016. This was established during the end of the NZ/VA bustup when NZ put their VA stake up for sale.

DL has since remained coy (e.g have not ruled out buying a stake nor have confirmed buying a VA stake).

I think you would agree that not ruling anything out is far from becoming a potential investor. If would be stupid for any business to rule things out. I don't see any rational business would invest in the current VA which has yet to present any plan that could change its fortune.

mh124

Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:53 am

The new "Master Plan" appears to show a decrease in the "so-called" international terminal expansion. I wonder why it keeps getting smaller each time, is it to do with no airlines interested or just insufficient money to afford it all. Obviously in an ideal world, I'd hope that they'd carried out the original plan because it was future-proof and with it being lodged in the center of the consolidated sight, may struggle to increase the terminal once everything else is complete.[/quote]

Yeap true.
Its probably lack of demand. The very real international growth spurt occurred mainly due to SE asian LCCs, the WA economy triggering flights to bali and latent untapped demand from Malaysians and Singaporeans long living in Perth who couldn't go back more frequently due to the previous expense. Now that the markets saturated, its hard to see where the next real wave of growth will come from. An extra flight here or there won't make much difference in the scheme of things. The international passenger numbers are overall pretty stagnant. Also, as more of the carriers using the airport are LCCs (and as the travelling public becomes more cost conscious generally) the costs that have to be handed to consumers becomes a bigger factor, preventing anything too great from happening.

EuroKick

Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:56 am

qf789 wrote:

On a separate note, there has a been a change made to 737 Business class this week, at the moment it is only on selected flights but the change will be made permanent by the end of next month.

Care to elaborate?

SCFlyer

Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:06 am

xiaotung wrote:
SCFlyer wrote:
xiaotung wrote:

I think you would agree that not ruling anything out is far from becoming a potential investor. If would be stupid for any business to rule things out. I don't see any rational business would invest in the current VA which has yet to present any plan that could change its fortune.

Which is why VA will likely remain the status quo for the foreseeable future.

Folks have to stop relying on the "so-called" saviour SQ to rescue them when it's clear they've been hands-off and haven't exactly been glowing of their stake in VA in the past two years.

There are better chances of other parties (e.g NH, TK, DL, QW et al) getting a stake (or in QW's case a slow creep) than SQ taking a hands-on role, let alone acquire a larger stake.

qf789
Topic Author

Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:42 am

waoz1 wrote:
qf789 wrote:

Dreaded stairs are going!

"Perth Airport is planning to replace three of the existing
aerobridges, with the first replacement expected in 2020.
The new aerobridges will greatly improve passenger
experience through the provision of dual headed bridges
with ramps and lifts for passenger boarding, removing the
need to use existing stairs."

Yes and those airside steps accessing bays 52-55 can go as well, in their current form they are an accident waiting to happen
Forum Moderator

tullamarine

Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:57 am

The ACCC has advised that they are concerned about Qantas' shareholding in Alliance and would be unlikely to support any increase in the holding towards a controlling investment. As it currently stands QAN has only acquired 20% of Alliance and has not sought board representation so it is not restrained by the competition watchdog. The ACCC would become involved however if Qantas attempted to increase its holding above the 20% limit through either the creep provisions or a formal takeover.

It is unlikely that any takeover would be approved on competition grounds as a merged entity would control 90% of the Qld FIFO market and over 60% of the WA FIFO Market.
717, 721/2, 732/3/4/5/7/8/9, 742/3/4, 752/3, 762/3, 772/E/W, 788/9, 300,310, 319,320/1, 332/3, 359, 388, DC9, DC10, F28, F100, 142,143, E75/90, CR2, D82/3/4, SF3, ATR

qf789
Topic Author

Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:07 am

BITRE for May available

For those interested since it was discussed last month

https://www.bitre.gov.au/publications/o ... y_1905.pdf

AC loads on MEL-YVR inbound 62% outbound 81%
QF MEL-SFO loads for May 88% inbound and 90% outbound, maybe an increase in frequency could be on the cards later down the track
Batik Indonesia, loads have improved from the 30's to about 50%
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:09 am

tullamarine wrote:
The ACCC has advised that they are concerned about Qantas' shareholding in Alliance and would be unlikely to support any increase in the holding towards a controlling investment. As it currently stands QAN has only acquired 20% of Alliance and has not sought board representation so it is not restrained by the competition watchdog. The ACCC would become involved however if Qantas attempted to increase its holding above the 20% limit through either the creep provisions or a formal takeover.

It is unlikely that any takeover would be approved on competition grounds as a merged entity would control 90% of the Qld FIFO market and over 60% of the WA FIFO Market.

Here is a couple of sources related to the topic

https://www.airlineratings.com/news/qan ... -concerns/

https://australianaviation.com.au/2019/ ... nvestment/
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:16 am

SCFlyer wrote:
xiaotung wrote:
SCFlyer wrote:

Folks have to stop relying on the "so-called" saviour SQ to rescue them when it's clear they've been hands-off and haven't exactly been glowing of their stake in VA in the past two years.

There are better chances of other parties (e.g NH, TK, DL, QW et al) getting a stake (or in QW's case a slow creep) than SQ taking a hands-on role, let alone acquire a larger stake.

DL is not the savior either. They have shown very little interest in this part of the world and with today's announcement of them pulling out of SIN confirms that IMO.
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:21 am

SCFlyer wrote:

Except both articles say TK are eyeing HNA's 20% stake and in all likelihood they are the most vulnerable at the moment
Forum Moderator

SCFlyer

Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:22 am

qf789 wrote:
SCFlyer wrote:
xiaotung wrote:

DL is not the savior either. They have shown very little interest in this part of the world and with today's announcement of them pulling out of SIN confirms that IMO.

Hence why IMO VA will remain the status quo for the foreseeable future.
I can't see anything coming out of the TK negotiations either.

qf789
Topic Author

Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:31 am

JQ420 SYD-OOL has retuned to SYD with a landing gear issue

https://7news.com.au/travel/air-aviatio ... r-c-377625
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:35 am

A Virgin engineer has been seriously injured when 2 buggies crashed at BNE airport

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nation ... 52ctr.html
Forum Moderator

getluv

Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:58 am

qf789 wrote:
BITRE for May available

QF MEL-SFO loads for May 88% inbound and 90% outbound, maybe an increase in frequency could be on the cards later down the track

QR's loads out of CBR continue to decline from their already low base. Inbound LF is now less than 10%.
I'm that bad type.

qf789
Topic Author

Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:04 am

For anyone interested there is a dedicated thread on TK's interest in HNA's 20% in VA

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1428291
Forum Moderator

kriskim

Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:06 am

qf789 wrote:

Probably why UA is keen to jump on the route before QF is able to increase the service. Although at only x3 weekly, hopefully it becomes a daily service soon.
A world built upon connectivity.

eamondzhang

Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:10 am

Today's QF768 had flaps issue when approaching Melbourne and held for about 30 minutes to burn fuel.

Landed on 16 and apparently used the full length of the runway.

Michaele

qf789
Topic Author

Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:24 am

EuroKick wrote:
qf789 wrote:

Care to elaborate?

If you are currently on a flight under 3 hours you will notice the difference

Also the first 737 with SSW will enter service next week
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:34 am

Direct Melbourne to Kununurra flights have gone on sale today

https://www.watoday.com.au/national/wes ... 52cxi.html
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:39 am

ATSB has launched an investigation into Cobham's incident on Tuesday

https://www.atsb.gov.au/publications/in ... -2019-038/
Forum Moderator

TasFlyer

Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:43 am

qf789 wrote:

Can the F70 make this without payload restrictions?

qf789
Topic Author

Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:52 am

TasFlyer wrote:
qf789 wrote:

Going off Alliance's website it has a range of 1700nm vs the F100 which is 1500nm. MEL-KNX is 1565nm so I would think it would not be able to do it without payload restrictions
Forum Moderator

moa999

Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:22 am

qf789 wrote:
If you are currently on a flight under 3 hours you will notice the difference

Also the first 737 with SSW will enter service next week

Catering change?

Qantas with split scimitar? Where are the alterations taking place.

Obzerva

Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:01 am

getluv wrote:
qf789 wrote:
BITRE for May available

QR's loads out of CBR continue to decline from their already low base. Inbound LF is now less than 10%.

I think the entire world seems to know that the service isn't about CBR, it's about QR securing a second SYD flight, and they'll take the hit with the CBR leg added on as long as they can keep a double daily in to SYD - for all QR care the SYD-CBR leg can fly empty.

qf789
Topic Author

Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:17 am

moa999 wrote:

Qantas with split scimitar? Where are the alterations taking place.

I was Referring to virgin but yes they are having some retrofitted
Forum Moderator

a7ala

Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:22 am

Obzerva wrote:
getluv wrote:
qf789 wrote:
BITRE for May available

I think the entire world seems to know that the service isn't about CBR, it's about QR securing a second SYD flight, and they'll take the hit with the CBR leg added on as long as they can keep a double daily in to SYD - for all QR care the SYD-CBR leg can fly empty.

I wouldn't agree with that. That leg must be costing QR an absolute fortune and its hard to imagine they would be making that money back on SYD. I'm sure they would have gone into it assuming the CBR market would have brought more to the party.

Are there any other airports to serve other than CBR? Would a tag SYD-OOL work better given they can't get in to BNE?

CraigAnderson

Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:25 am

qf789 wrote:

What's the change?

RyanairGuru

Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:35 am

qf789 wrote:
TasFlyer wrote:
qf789 wrote:

Going off Alliance's website it has a range of 1700nm vs the F100 which is 1500nm. MEL-KNX is 1565nm so I would think it would not be able to do it without payload restrictions

I wouldn't be so sure. 140nm doesn't leave much wiggle room. Westbound against the winds it would almost certainly be taking some form of payload hit, and even eastbound I wouldn't be shocked if it struggled with a full payload on a 40 degree day.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

TasFlyer

Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:48 pm

CraigAnderson wrote:
qf789 wrote:

What's the change?

Speaking of changes at Virgin, is there any update on Scurrah's domestic capacity review? If a redistribution of the network were to be implemented for NW19-20 then it would need to be announced soon — timing co-incident with the Virgin group results on August 28 would leave only eight weeks until the start of NW19-20, which would be too short in my opinion.

TasFlyer

Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:50 pm

RyanairGuru wrote:
qf789 wrote:
TasFlyer wrote:

I wouldn't be so sure. 140nm doesn't leave much wiggle room. Westbound against the winds it would almost certainly be taking some form of payload hit, and even eastbound I wouldn't be shocked if it struggled with a full payload on a 40 degree day.

You may have misread qf789's reply; with three votes counted the current score is 3-0 to the payload restrictions.

eta unknown

Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:59 pm

a7ala wrote:
I wouldn't agree with that. That leg must be costing QR an absolute fortune and its hard to imagine they would be making that money back on SYD. I'm sure they would have gone into it assuming the CBR market would have brought more to the party.

Are there any other airports to serve other than CBR? Would a tag SYD-OOL work better given they can't get in to BNE?

The 777 fuel burn on takeoff alone would be costing a fortune, now multiply it by 2 (SYD-CBR, CBR-SYD) daily. But I agree I don't think QR would have imagined that the operational costs would have been so big since these aren't being offset with pax revenue.
OOL really wouldn't work- everyone from Ballina northwards drive to BNE and with so many BNE flights now the extra stop is a hard sell.

qf789
Topic Author

Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:34 pm

TasFlyer wrote:
CraigAnderson wrote:
qf789 wrote:

What's the change?

Speaking of changes at Virgin, is there any update on Scurrah's domestic capacity review? If a redistribution of the network were to be implemented for NW19-20 then it would need to be announced soon — timing co-incident with the Virgin group results on August 28 would leave only eight weeks until the start of NW19-20, which would be too short in my opinion.

Since Scurrah became CEO the first month he spent travelling around the various ports engaging with the workforce. After that he launched the review going through everything in the whole group. He has been open and up front and given regular updates though nothing has been finalised yet. I would suspect we would hear something at the group results, for now we know the 737MAX have been deferred a couple of years and there has been some adjustments made to the network so far. Personally I wouldn't expect too many changes to domestic, one thing that has been highlighted is that due to the MAX deferrals there probably wont be much growth, they were looking at a new domestic destination from both SYD and MEL though available aircraft is an issue. Obviously with the domestic market being a bit sluggish atm capacity will need to be managed accordingly,
Forum Moderator

moa999

Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:16 pm

qf789 wrote:
I was Referring to virgin but yes they are having some retrofitted

Any idea on whether they're committed to a number, or if it's a trial.

From memory of the initial SSW threads it really only makes sense for longer routes.

Captdasbomb

Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:35 am

RyanairGuru wrote:
qf789 wrote:
TasFlyer wrote:

They probably could do a fuel stop in Alice Springs if required like the old Perth to Cairns via Alice

Captdasbomb

Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:50 am

eta unknown wrote:
a7ala wrote:

The 777 fuel burn on takeoff alone would be costing a fortune, now multiply it by 2 (SYD-CBR, CBR-SYD) daily. But I agree I don't think QR would have imagined that the operational costs would have been so big since these aren't being offset with pax revenue.
OOL really wouldn't work- everyone from Ballina northwards drive to BNE and with so many BNE flights now the extra stop is a hard sell.

Pretty sure the bean counters at Qatar have done the maths. It won’t be as simple as an operational oversight or they would have canned the leg ages ago

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos