qf789
Topic Author

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - August 2019

Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:07 am

Qantas has applies to the IASC for an extra 744 seats (4 weekly A320) into Indonesia from 14 December 19. Capacity can also be used by Qantas though this looks like its for JQ

Any idea what route may see this extra capacity

https://blueswandaily.com/qantas-applie ... -capacity/
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:09 am

moa999 wrote:
qf789 wrote:
I was Referring to virgin but yes they are having some retrofitted

Any idea on whether they're committed to a number, or if it's a trial.

From memory of the initial SSW threads it really only makes sense for longer routes.

Approximately 20-25% of the fleet will be retrofitted, mostly aircraft dedicated to short haul International
Forum Moderator

smi0006

Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:39 am

qf789 wrote:
moa999 wrote:
qf789 wrote:

From memory of the initial SSW threads it really only makes sense for longer routes.

Approximately 20-25% of the fleet will be retrofitted, mostly aircraft dedicated to short haul International

So sorry, I’m a bit unclear both VA and QF will retrofit their fleets? Whilst I think they are a bit ugly personally, will be nice to have some more visual variety in the AU skies!

qf789
Topic Author

Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:43 am

smi0006 wrote:
qf789 wrote:
moa999 wrote:

So sorry, I’m a bit unclear both VA and QF will retrofit their fleets? Whilst I think they are a bit ugly personally, will be nice to have some more visual variety in the AU skies!

No its just Virgin, I wouldn't have a clue if QF are retrofitting any
Forum Moderator

tullamarine

Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:04 am

qf789 wrote:
moa999 wrote:
qf789 wrote:

Does that mean it is principally the VH-YI* sub-fleet which as I understand it all have extra overwater equipment meaning they are optimised for regional international operations? I'm not too sure exactly what the differences are however.
717, 721/2, 732/3/4/5/7/8/9, 742/3/4, 752/3, 762/3, 772/E/W, 788/9, 300,310, 319,320/1, 332/3, 359, 388, DC9, DC10, F28, F100, 142,143, E75/90, CR2, D82/3/4, SF3, ATR

SCFlyer

Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:16 am

SCFlyer wrote:
qf789 wrote:
SCFlyer wrote:

Which is why VA will likely remain the status quo for the foreseeable future.

Folks have to stop relying on the "so-called" saviour SQ to rescue them when it's clear they've been hands-off and haven't exactly been glowing of their stake in VA in the past two years.

There are better chances of other parties (e.g NH, TK, DL, QW et al) getting a stake (or in QW's case a slow creep) than SQ taking a hands-on role, let alone acquire a larger stake.

DL is not the savior either. They have shown very little interest in this part of the world and with today's announcement of them pulling out of SIN confirms that IMO.

Hence why IMO VA will remain the status quo for the foreseeable future.
I can't see anything coming out of the TK negotiations either.

Per this post in the other thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1428291#p21552659

Seems TK has came out and said it was "false/fake news". Bloomberg may have jumped the gun here.
Looks like it's "business as usual" over at VA, and probably time to treat prospective new/existing shareholder rumours with a grain of salt until it actually happens, considering the ongoing sagas at most of VA's existing shareholders.

qf789
Topic Author

Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:19 am

tullamarine wrote:
qf789 wrote:
moa999 wrote:

Does that mean it is principally the VH-YI* sub-fleet which as I understand it all have extra overwater equipment meaning they are optimised for regional international operations? I'm not too sure exactly what the differences are however.

According to what I have seen yes its being retrofiited to YI registered aircraft for the time being. The first one appears to be YIV which is currently at CHC maintenance. Overall if they can reduce the fuel burnt on these longer sectors by a little the retrofits will be well worth the money spent in the long run
Forum Moderator

Qantas16

Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:38 am

qf789 wrote:
tullamarine wrote:
qf789 wrote:

According to what I have seen yes its being retrofiited to YI registered aircraft for the time being. The first one appears to be YIV which is currently at CHC maintenance. Overall if they can reduce the fuel burnt on these longer sectors by a little the retrofits will be well worth the money spent in the long run

Also help with taking full load, or closer to, on routes like BNE-DPS which can be weight restricted

budgetflyer

Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:52 am

qf789 wrote:
Qantas has applies to the IASC for an extra 744 seats (4 weekly A320) into Indonesia from 14 December 19. Capacity can also be used by Qantas though this looks like its for JQ

This would be for the extra MEL-DPS services that JQ announced last month - these services start on the 14th, and are operated with an A320 4 times per week.

tullamarine

Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:58 am

Qantas16 wrote:
qf789 wrote:
tullamarine wrote:

Also help with taking full load, or closer to, on routes like BNE-DPS which can be weight restricted

When AS bought their first scimitars for NGs 6 years ago, the list price was USD545K per set before fitting. They estimated it would save 58000 gallons of fuel per year per aircraft which, at current prices of around USD1.90/gallon equates to a saving of around USD110K per year. On those figures, assuming a fitting cost of around USD250K, you'd think the payback for a scimitar set is around 6 or 7 years which partially explains why VA are initially fitting them to one of its newer subfleets. Obviously this is all a bit of a guess given it is unlikely many airlines pay list price and the pricing may have changed a bit over the last 6 years.
717, 721/2, 732/3/4/5/7/8/9, 742/3/4, 752/3, 762/3, 772/E/W, 788/9, 300,310, 319,320/1, 332/3, 359, 388, DC9, DC10, F28, F100, 142,143, E75/90, CR2, D82/3/4, SF3, ATR

eta unknown

Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:23 am

Captdasbomb wrote:
eta unknown wrote:
a7ala wrote:
I wouldn't agree with that. That leg must be costing QR an absolute fortune and its hard to imagine they would be making that money back on SYD. I'm sure they would have gone into it assuming the CBR market would have brought more to the party.

Are there any other airports to serve other than CBR? Would a tag SYD-OOL work better given they can't get in to BNE?

The 777 fuel burn on takeoff alone would be costing a fortune, now multiply it by 2 (SYD-CBR, CBR-SYD) daily. But I agree I don't think QR would have imagined that the operational costs would have been so big since these aren't being offset with pax revenue.
OOL really wouldn't work- everyone from Ballina northwards drive to BNE and with so many BNE flights now the extra stop is a hard sell.

Pretty sure the bean counters at Qatar have done the maths. It won’t be as simple as an operational oversight or they would have canned the leg ages ago

I didn't say it was an operational oversight- I said QR probably expected more CBR pax to offset the huge tag costs. Big difference ;-)

qf789
Topic Author

Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:30 am

Qantas has been sued for $500,000 after a FIFO worker got injured at KTA back in 2012

https://www.watoday.com.au/national/wes ... 52d1s.html
Forum Moderator

zkncj

Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:21 am

tullamarine wrote:

Believe it’s additional life rafts, and additional navigational equipment as well like RNP for ZQN.

Does seem like an investment that will pay off that fast, maybe IFE and an decent J product on the VH-YI* feet might pay off better for them.

TasFlyer

Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:59 am

qf789 wrote:
TasFlyer wrote:
CraigAnderson wrote:

What's the change?

Speaking of changes at Virgin, is there any update on Scurrah's domestic capacity review? If a redistribution of the network were to be implemented for NW19-20 then it would need to be announced soon — timing co-incident with the Virgin group results on August 28 would leave only eight weeks until the start of NW19-20, which would be too short in my opinion.

Since Scurrah became CEO the first month he spent travelling around the various ports engaging with the workforce. After that he launched the review going through everything in the whole group. He has been open and up front and given regular updates though nothing has been finalised yet. I would suspect we would hear something at the group results, for now we know the 737MAX have been deferred a couple of years and there has been some adjustments made to the network so far. Personally I wouldn't expect too many changes to domestic, one thing that has been highlighted is that due to the MAX deferrals there probably wont be much growth, they were looking at a new domestic destination from both SYD and MEL though available aircraft is an issue. Obviously with the domestic market being a bit sluggish atm capacity will need to be managed accordingly,

The new destination under consideration is intriguing; could it be BQB, WTB, or something else?

And yes, there is a case for overall growth being flat, but some higher performing areas may grow at the expense of lower performing areas through a second round of re-distribution following completion of the more thorough network review.

Less than a month until we find out.

Qantas16

Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:38 pm

TasFlyer wrote:
qf789 wrote:
TasFlyer wrote:

Speaking of changes at Virgin, is there any update on Scurrah's domestic capacity review? If a redistribution of the network were to be implemented for NW19-20 then it would need to be announced soon — timing co-incident with the Virgin group results on August 28 would leave only eight weeks until the start of NW19-20, which would be too short in my opinion.

Since Scurrah became CEO the first month he spent travelling around the various ports engaging with the workforce. After that he launched the review going through everything in the whole group. He has been open and up front and given regular updates though nothing has been finalised yet. I would suspect we would hear something at the group results, for now we know the 737MAX have been deferred a couple of years and there has been some adjustments made to the network so far. Personally I wouldn't expect too many changes to domestic, one thing that has been highlighted is that due to the MAX deferrals there probably wont be much growth, they were looking at a new domestic destination from both SYD and MEL though available aircraft is an issue. Obviously with the domestic market being a bit sluggish atm capacity will need to be managed accordingly,

The new destination under consideration is intriguing; could it be BQB, WTB, or something else?

And yes, there is a case for overall growth being flat, but some higher performing areas may grow at the expense of lower performing areas through a second round of re-distribution following completion of the more thorough network review.

Would be great to see VA fly to WTB though I’m not sure they have the aircraft for it. The ATR fleet is pretty small and well utilised (I think?) and the 737 is probably too big, at least initially. Ideal for a F100 size aircraft that they don’t fly out of SYD. Would be great to see QF increase WTB to a 717, at least on some flights

NYKiwi

Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:51 pm

Have a interline question that someone maybe able to help. I am flying UA into SYD and need to transfer to a QF flight to AKL. I only have 2 hours, but given potential possibilities of delays etc does UA and QF interline, and would I be able to check my bag all the way through in the USA and just do a simple international to international transfer in SYD or will I have to clear customs and then go and recheck my bag. Just scared I may miss my connection if there are any delays, and know sometimes UA can be a pain to tag the bag all the way through if on a separate ticket.

Thanks.

a7ala

Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:26 pm

eta unknown wrote:
Captdasbomb wrote:
eta unknown wrote:

The 777 fuel burn on takeoff alone would be costing a fortune, now multiply it by 2 (SYD-CBR, CBR-SYD) daily. But I agree I don't think QR would have imagined that the operational costs would have been so big since these aren't being offset with pax revenue.
OOL really wouldn't work- everyone from Ballina northwards drive to BNE and with so many BNE flights now the extra stop is a hard sell.

Pretty sure the bean counters at Qatar have done the maths. It won’t be as simple as an operational oversight or they would have canned the leg ages ago

I didn't say it was an operational oversight- I said QR probably expected more CBR pax to offset the huge tag costs. Big difference ;-)

Does anyone know how they crew the SYD-CBR-SYD sectors? Do they have a crew that just does that or do the long haul crews have enough hours for a tag sector and they overnight in CBR? Thanks.

anstar

Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:30 pm

qf789 wrote:

Jetstar are increasing flights from MEL over the holidays to 3 daily some days.

Obzerva

Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:00 pm

Qantas16 wrote:
TasFlyer wrote:
qf789 wrote:

Would be great to see VA fly to WTB though I’m not sure they have the aircraft for it. The ATR fleet is pretty small and well utilised (I think?) and the 737 is probably too big, at least initially. Ideal for a F100 size aircraft that they don’t fly out of SYD. Would be great to see QF increase WTB to a 717, at least on some flights

If it’s WTB could be the remaining 737-700s, they do seem to spend a bit of time on the east coast.
Agree the Alliance aircraft would be a better fit though.

From memory ASP isn’t served from MEL or SYD currently by VA.

RyanairGuru

Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:40 pm

NYKiwi wrote:
Have a interline question that someone maybe able to help. I am flying UA into SYD and need to transfer to a QF flight to AKL. I only have 2 hours, but given potential possibilities of delays etc does UA and QF interline, and would I be able to check my bag all the way through in the USA and just do a simple international to international transfer in SYD or will I have to clear customs and then go and recheck my bag. Just scared I may miss my connection if there are any delays, and know sometimes UA can be a pain to tag the bag all the way through if on a separate ticket.

Thanks.

United and Qantas do interline.

Is it one ticket? If so then it should be checked straight through. If not then it comes down to how helpful the United check-in agent is feeling as they are not obligated to check it through. If not tagged to AKL you would need to clear customs and check-in again. As well as being tight for time don't forget that you would also need an Australian visa or ETA if you are to enter the country.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

TasFlyer

Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:38 am

Obzerva wrote:
Qantas16 wrote:
TasFlyer wrote:

If it’s WTB could be the remaining 737-700s, they do seem to spend a bit of time on the east coast.
Agree the Alliance aircraft would be a better fit though.

From memory ASP isn’t served from MEL or SYD currently by VA.

That's an interesting take on it: a destination already on the network but neither served from MEL nor SYD — I reckon you're on the money!

smi0006

Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:41 am

a7ala wrote:
eta unknown wrote:
Captdasbomb wrote:

Does anyone know how they crew the SYD-CBR-SYD sectors? Do they have a crew that just does that or do the long haul crews have enough hours for a tag sector and they overnight in CBR? Thanks.

New fresh crew do a day trip to CBR and back... so Expensive operation. I’d say part of the route is underwritten by CBR airport.

CraigAnderson

Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:41 am

SCFlyer wrote:
Seems TK has came out and said it was "false/fake news". Bloomberg may have jumped the gun here.
Looks like it's "business as usual" over at VA, and probably time to treat prospective new/existing shareholder rumours with a grain of salt until it actually happens, considering the ongoing sagas at most of VA's existing shareholders.

Bloomberg is usually very very good with its sources, I would say this is more the obligatory denial from TK because what else can they say? If TK says "Yes, we are looking into this" then it becomes a much bigger story and maybe TK talking with HNA is 'commercial in confidence' anyway. If TK says "No comment" then it pretty much would be read as saying "Yes, we are looking into this but we can't talk about it". All that TK can say is "This is fake news."

Don't forget how the media asked Qatar CEO about reports that QR was joining OneWorld, he outright denied, and then ONE DAY LATER it was announced that QR was joining OneWorld! So I would put my trust in a solid news organisation like Bloomberg or Reuters over an airline PR or even executive any day of the week.

CraigAnderson

Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:43 am

smi0006 wrote:
New fresh crew do a day trip to CBR and back... so Expensive operation. I’d say part of the route is underwritten by CBR airport.

This would definitely be the case, like many airports CBR has money to spend in encouraging airlines, QR was a big feather in its cap but there is no way the CBD-SYD-DOH loads make any sense for QR, so CBR would have to be bankrolling this leg.

SCFlyer

Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:06 am

CraigAnderson wrote:
SCFlyer wrote:

Bloomberg is usually very very good with its sources, I would say this is more the obligatory denial from TK because what else can they say? If TK says "Yes, we are looking into this" then it becomes a much bigger story and maybe TK talking with HNA is 'commercial in confidence' anyway. If TK says "No comment" then it pretty much would be read as saying "Yes, we are looking into this but we can't talk about it". All that TK can say is "This is fake news."

Don't forget how the media asked Qatar CEO about reports that QR was joining OneWorld, he outright denied, and then ONE DAY LATER it was announced that QR was joining OneWorld! So I would put my trust in a solid news organisation like Bloomberg or Reuters over an airline PR or even executive any day of the week.

Then again, the same news sources always trots out "Year after Year" about the "so-called saviour" SQ wanting buy a "extended stake", and they have all been fizzers/fake news every time.

Both this year and last year SQ have been blunt by directly blaming/mentioning VA as the cause for the "SQ group" profit downturn every financial reporting period after the obligatory "Will SQ buy xx stake into VA" story, contradicting claims of the SQ group wanting to buy an extended stake into VA.

There are most news stories from Bloomberg, Reuters, et al which is fairly reliable, but any rumours related to VA's shareholders, prospective shareholders and VA's related financial affairs should be taken with a grain of salt until it actually happens. Considering the ongoing will "will SQ buy into or will SQ sell out of VA" question in recent years.

a7ala

Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:51 am

CraigAnderson wrote:
smi0006 wrote:

This would definitely be the case, like many airports CBR has money to spend in encouraging airlines, QR was a big feather in its cap but there is no way the CBD-SYD-DOH loads make any sense for QR, so CBR would have to be bankrolling this leg.

Actually I dont think that would be the case. CBR has a reputation for being pretty hard to budge on the financials. You only need to look at the disputes they have had with QF over relatively small amounts of money. And remember the service is only there to give access to SYD second slot so I dont even think QR would have talked with CBR before they made the decision to fly there. So im guessing no support from CBR initially, but given performance I would say QR will soon be coming cap in hand to keep it there.

Qantas16

Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:19 am

a7ala wrote:
CraigAnderson wrote:
smi0006 wrote:

Actually I dont think that would be the case. CBR has a reputation for being pretty hard to budge on the financials. You only need to look at the disputes they have had with QF over relatively small amounts of money. And remember the service is only there to give access to SYD second slot so I dont even think QR would have talked with CBR before they made the decision to fly there. So im guessing no support from CBR initially, but given performance I would say QR will soon be coming cap in hand to keep it there.

What’s in it for CBR though? If they really are only getting 9% load factor that’s ~33 pax a flight... I doubt they’d be making any money on a service like that for all the services and facilities they have to provide in return. QR is trying to get around the bilaterals, and that’s fine, but they should have to pay all the costs associated with it. They’ll drop CBR as soon as they can anyway.

CraigAnderson

Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:44 am

What's in it for CBR is bragging rights, making CBR's international play look even more successful and adding another bullet point to the PPT deck when they try to convince other airlines to fly there.

qf789
Topic Author

Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:39 am

Early reports on PER-LOP are having a positive impact on local businesses with a total of 1478 Australian visitors travelling to LOP in June, linked article is in Indonesian

https://today.line.me/id/pc/article/BI+ ... pak-65Z1QN
Forum Moderator

SYDSpotter

Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:02 am

Qantas16 wrote:

What’s in it for CBR though? If they really are only getting 9% load factor that’s ~33 pax a flight... I doubt they’d be making any money on a service like that for all the services and facilities they have to provide in return. QR is trying to get around the bilaterals, and that’s fine, but they should have to pay all the costs associated with it. They’ll drop CBR as soon as they can anyway.

What is potentially killing QR is that both CBR legs are via SYD. With SQ's service, CBR-SIN is non-stop whilst coming back to CBR its via SYD. The SQ service is definitely better patronised but does that reflect the end destination (i.e. more Asia rather than Europe/Africa)?
319_320_321_332_333_388 / 734_737_738_743_744_762_763_772_773_77W_788_789

Obzerva

Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:25 am

SYDSpotter wrote:
Qantas16 wrote:

What is potentially killing QR is that both CBR legs are via SYD. With SQ's service, CBR-SIN is non-stop whilst coming back to CBR its via SYD. The SQ service is definitely better patronised but does that reflect the end destination (i.e. more Asia rather than Europe/Africa)?

I don't think SQ via CBR is to do with the fact it's Asia over middle east, there's several aspects that help SQ over QR.

One of the flights being direct out of CBR makes it feel like less of an afterthought.
For ex-SYD people with the SQ service is it's now made an overnight SYD-SIN somewhat appealing (yes, even with a stop in CBR!)
It means that as a SYD traveller they can leave SYD late and not arrive in to SIN with a hideously long connection which is what the SYD curfew otherwise causes, by adding a CBR stop it means that the SQ flight arrives at a "normal" time that allows a connection with a reasonable duration on the ground - and there's also the multiple flight options back, it's a better a schedule.

I would argue that SQ has better brand recognition as well.

HM7

Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:57 am

Anyone know why QF11 is 12 hours delayed out of Sydney?
CRJ200, Q400, E175, E195, MD88, MD90, A320, A332, A380, B717, B734, B738, B739, B752, B762, B763ER, B789, B744, B744ER

qf789
Topic Author

Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:03 am

HM7 wrote:

It looks like because QF2 didn't arrive into SYD until this afternoon. QF94 is also just off the coast of SYD atm which is resulting at a 10hour delay on QF35, tomorrow's QF93 MEL-LAX is cancelled
Forum Moderator

eamondzhang

Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:13 am

qf789 wrote:
HM7 wrote:

It looks like because QF2 didn't arrive into SYD until this afternoon. QF94 is also just off the coast of SYD atm which is resulting at a 10hour delay on QF35, tomorrow's QF93 MEL-LAX is cancelled

And QF2's delayed as a result of QF1 AOG'd in SIN on 1nd Aug, a chain effect you can argue...

Looks like VH-OQA also had a GTB when operating QF94 resulting in an overnight delay and a/c swap to VH-OQC

When you're stretching your A380 fleet thin this is what happens....

Michael

jupiter2

Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:12 pm

eamondzhang wrote:
qf789 wrote:
HM7 wrote:

And QF2's delayed as a result of QF1 AOG'd in SIN on 1nd Aug, a chain effect you can argue...

Looks like VH-OQA also had a GTB when operating QF94 resulting in an overnight delay and a/c swap to VH-OQC

When you're stretching your A380 fleet thin this is what happens....

Michael

Ummmmm, what's a GTB ?

rgrassick

Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:24 pm

qf789 wrote:
HM7 wrote:

My parents were on the Jetstar Mel-Sing flight that was cancelled yesterday, got put onto QF35 which had the delay (It left at 00:18 on 05/08)
Anyone know why the Jetstar flight was cancelled?

eamondzhang

Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:25 pm

jupiter2 wrote:
Ummmmm, what's a GTB ?

Ground Turn Back, literally an issue that might prevent the trip from going was discovered after they left the gate but before takeoff.

Cheers
Michael

eamondzhang

Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:28 pm

rgrassick wrote:
qf789 wrote:
HM7 wrote:

My parents were on the Jetstar Mel-Sing flight that was cancelled yesterday, got put onto QF35 which had the delay (It left at 00:18 on 05/08)
Anyone know why the Jetstar flight was cancelled?

Part of the issue might be JQ68/04AUG by VH-VKA was delayed by 17 hours and only arrived this morning (05 Aug).

Not sure what went wrong in CGO but I would assume it's a tech issue.

Michael

jupiter2

Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:45 am

eamondzhang wrote:
jupiter2 wrote:
Ummmmm, what's a GTB ?

Ground Turn Back, literally an issue that might prevent the trip from going was discovered after they left the gate but before takeoff.

Cheers
Michael

Ahhhh, so it returned to gate. Thanks.

qf789
Topic Author

Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:52 am

United is reducing frequency on MEL-LAX during NW19/20, it will still run daily Dec/Jan, but will decrease to 4-5 weekly the rest of the time

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... e-in-nw19/
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:59 am

Adelaide Airport has released their latest master plan

https://www.adelaideairport.com.au/corp ... ster-plan/

They are forecasting passenger numbers to increase to 19.8 million by 2039, which is over double what they are experiencing now

https://australianaviation.com.au/2019/ ... n-by-2039/
Forum Moderator

SCFlyer

Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:05 am

qf789 wrote:
United is reducing frequency on MEL-LAX during NW19/20, it will still run daily Dec/Jan, but will decrease to 4-5 weekly the rest of the time

I wonder if it's in response to the recent QF/AA JV approval in combination with the falling yields on the East Coast AU-LAX routes in general?
Either way, since UA blinked first and some customers will likely head QF/AA's way, it may also send a few travellers to VA/DL for those not willing to fly QF/AA and/or loyal to DL/VA.

Captdasbomb

Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:06 am

a7ala wrote:
eta unknown wrote:
Captdasbomb wrote:

According to a pilot collegue they have a 3 day rest in Sydney & on day 2 of rest they do the turnaround flight

Captdasbomb

Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:10 am

eta unknown wrote:
Captdasbomb wrote:
eta unknown wrote:

From my understanding majority of the CBR pax is premium cabin heavy with the diplomats & it’s cheaper to park in CBR for the day than in Sydney

qf789
Topic Author

Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:12 am

Virgin has welcomed ACCC probe into the Alliance stake owned by QF

https://www.afr.com/companies/transport ... 801-p52crw

Have heard the both BHP and Rio Tinto are to hand out new FIFO contracts soon, possibly in the value of $100 million so there is a lot at stake here
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:22 am

This is turning out to be a interesting read. Qantas has lost 10's of millions of dollars of revenue after a cargo deal signed in 2017 has since been revealed was linked to one of Macau's notorious triad gangs. Payments were made in advance so QF is not out of pocket as such but its an interesting read

https://www.michaelwest.com.au/revealed ... ff-runway/

https://www.michaelwest.com.au/qantas-a ... his-uncle/
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:28 am

On the subject of Qatar, planned A350-1000 for DOH-SYD-CBR has been delayed approximately 3 weeks, now due to start 16 Nov 19

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... -nov-2019/
Forum Moderator

jupiter2

Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:31 am

qf789 wrote:
This is turning out to be a interesting read. Qantas has lost 10's of millions of dollars of revenue after a cargo deal signed in 2017 has since been revealed was linked to one of Macau's notorious triad gangs. Payments were made in advance so QF is not out of pocket as such but its an interesting read

https://www.michaelwest.com.au/revealed ... ff-runway/

https://www.michaelwest.com.au/qantas-a ... his-uncle/

Your statement should be that Qantas lost 10's of millions of potential revenue. As you say, QF wasn't out of pocket at all on this failed venture, but it shines a light on how dodgy some of these people/companies, who are seen as potential clients really are. Cargo is a cut throat business, margins are normally very thin and even after doing due diligence checks and other research, sometimes these things just don't make sense in the end.

kriskim

Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:59 am

qf789 wrote:

Important to note that UA’s capacity to MEL will remain flat as MEL-SFO is introduced in October.
A world built upon connectivity.

qf789
Topic Author

Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:04 pm

qf789 wrote:
CityRail wrote:
May I ask which of the 6 VA A330 has WiFi now?

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 SM-A7050 發送

Currently there are 3 with WIFI being XFE, XFG and XFH

XFJ is currently having WIFI fitted in BNE, should be back in service in the next week
Forum Moderator

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos