edealinfo

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - August 2019

Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:45 pm

unnayan wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
Indigo to open a new station (INDORE) in the upcoming winter schedule which is effective from October 27 to March 28, 2020. Vistara will fly on the New Delhi to Indore sector.

https://www.knocksense.com/indore-city/ ... ore-cities

A report earlier in the year indicated that they hoped to start two flights a day on the Indore to New Delhi sector:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cit ... 444770.cms

Indigo or Vistara?

Sorry for the confusion. Here is additional information on proposed flights to Indore in the winter schedule:

Vistara Airlines: Indore to New Delhi (possibly 2X a day)

Indigo Airlines: Indore to Shirdi and Indore to Jaipur

GoAir: Indore to Lucknow.

edealinfo

Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:49 pm

unrave wrote:
From IndiGo Annual Report for FY 2019:
- Addition of 11 new destinations in the next 12 months
- Focus on improving connectivity in North East with ATR aircraft
- Focus on starting services to countries with large outbound tourism like China, Russia and Israel

I am surprised that Egypt is not on this list. It has interesting sights and is relatively cheap. Turkey too is interesting but Indigo already has that locked up.

I didn't know Indians fancied travelling to Russia. But why??? Where? Other than St. Petersburg (and possibly Moscow), which other Russian city offers anything of interest in Indians. Likewise, to which city in China would Indians want to visit? I can see that some Chinese cities would appeal to Indian businesspersons, but tourism? Hindi Chini bai-bai?

unrave

Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:11 pm

edealinfo wrote:
unrave wrote:
- Focus on starting services to countries with large outbound tourism like China, Russia and Israel

I am surprised that Egypt is not on this list. It has interesting sights and is relatively cheap. Turkey too is interesting but Indigo already has that locked up.

I didn't know Indians fancied travelling to Russia. But why??? Where? Other than St. Petersburg (and possibly Moscow), which other Russian city offers anything of interest in Indians. Likewise, to which city in China would Indians want to visit? I can see that some Chinese cities would appeal to Indian businesspersons, but tourism? Hindi Chini bai-bai?

Outbound from the respective countries. From Russia/Israel/China to India
Denial of racism is as egregious as racism itself

edealinfo

Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:16 pm

1. How is Indigo doing on their India to Istanbul route? (They were supposed to operate 2 flights daily from Delhi but only 1 is operating.). Is the single flight going choc-o-block full?

2. Vistara's DEL to Bangkok flight, I would guess, would be announced in the next 2 to 3 weeks. Anyone has any new information?

3. I checked the Singapore Air's web site for flight bookings from SIN to either DEL or BOM and guess what, the search ONLY listed the Singapore Air metal flights and not the code share (?) Vistara flight. Why not?? What kind of partnership does Vistara and Singapore Airlines have?

edealinfo

Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:19 pm

Deadline for submitting bids on jet extended from Aug 3 to August 10

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/bus ... 511409.cms

unrave

Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:47 pm

edealinfo wrote:
1. How is Indigo doing on their India to Istanbul route? (They were supposed to operate 2 flights daily from Delhi but only 1 is operating.). Is the single flight going choc-o-block full?

Second daily is due to start next month

edealinfo

Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:27 pm

unrave wrote:
edealinfo wrote:

Second daily is due to start next month

Looking at their fares for Aug (one way DEL to IST), it looks like they are doing exceptionally well.

edealinfo

Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:32 pm

unrave wrote:
Outbound from the respective countries. From Russia/Israel/China to India

Thanks for clarifying. Now it makes sense.

Bhadra

Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:25 pm

unrave wrote:

I don't know if this has always been the case, but one of the things that I found in their annual report that requires celebration is the fact that IndiGo has highest proportion of women pilots IN THE WORLD (for any airline with over a hundred pilots).

Blerg

Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:34 pm

Bhadra wrote:
unrave wrote:

I don't know if this has always been the case, but one of the things that I found in their annual report that requires celebration is the fact that IndiGo has highest proportion of women pilots IN THE WORLD (for any airline with over a hundred pilots).

I think gender should not matter here, I hope they were hired because of their competence and not because of some quotas or social justice campaign.

edealinfo

Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:28 am

Lufthansa to start a new daily route - Munich to India. some speculate it will be BLR but I hope it will be Hyderabad. If it is BLR then BLR is shaping to be India’s new crown jewel.

x1234

Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:54 am

Both Israel, Russia & China have higher incomes & higher development than India as India in the region (especially Goa) is shaping up to be a cheap Thailand beach-style destination as Thailand/Vietnam & SE Asia get more expensive.

trinidadeG

Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:01 am

edealinfo wrote:
Looking at Vistara's latest August in-flight magazine it appears:

1) The count of aircraft in Aug is the same as in previous month including just six 737-800 NG -- wren't they supposed to receive 10 by now? What happened?

Vistara were forced to take up 9W slots/planes in a hurry, so they chose to operate the first few aircraft in 9W livery with Vistara titles. As they began inducting more 737s, they began re-painting the aircraft in rotation (starting with the HGW ones that they used for the SIN flights). I suppose they'll get all 10 repainted soon.

JOYA380B747

Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:50 am

I believe we might be looking at a re-closure of Pak airspace for flights to/from India in light of the recent surgical strike(s) and tensions in Kashmir. If that happens we all know what will happen, and none of it is nice for civil aviation.
India's biggest loss w.r.t global aviation (so far) - Being an Australasia-Europe stopover.

DobboDobbo

Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:59 am

edealinfo wrote:
binayak wrote:

Vistara shouldn't try one stop to US. They'll be at a competitive disadvantage then.
Well Vistara can try Manchester now that they codeshare with VS.

But isn't Manchester relatively low yield? Vistara may fill the back of the aircraft but it can't make a profit if the front is relatively empty.

I’d expect VS to open out Manchester to Mumbai and Delhi over the next 2/3 years. Feeds into their TATL programme, and clears transfer passengers from LHR for p2p.

edealinfo

Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:38 pm

trinidadeG wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
Looking at Vistara's latest August in-flight magazine it appears:

1) The count of aircraft in Aug is the same as in previous month including just six 737-800 NG -- wren't they supposed to receive 10 by now? What happened?

Vistara were forced to take up 9W slots/planes in a hurry, so they chose to operate the first few aircraft in 9W livery with Vistara titles. As they began inducting more 737s, they began re-painting the aircraft in rotation (starting with the HGW ones that they used for the SIN flights). I suppose they'll get all 10 repainted soon.

They only have 6 737 NG aircraft n possession; that's my point. It wasn't like they received all 10 and only 6 are in operation because the others were sent to the paint shop to be repainted after they were inducted.

edealinfo

Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:51 pm

JOYA380B747 wrote:
I believe we might be looking at a re-closure of Pak airspace for flights to/from India in light of the recent surgical strike(s) and tensions in Kashmir. If that happens we all know what will happen, and none of it is nice for civil aviation.

What surgical strikes? Another 19 pine trees? But, a marketing coup nonetheless because it has a "surgical strikes" buzzword.

It India truly struck, Pak would retaliate to save face, and things would spin out of control. Hence, the need for a symbolic strike (a.k.a. "surgical strike" which is a controlled form of tension. India's political marketing machine can then take over claiming hundreds of terrorists were killed without proof of even one, or for that matter without even naming one, and a pliant people will buy into the line. Pak on the other hand, knowing its just lost pine trees on their side, will not retaliate in force so as to trigger a harder response from India. Thus, everything is somewhat controlled and both sides will live with it. [The US, EU etc., will make their usual calls to ensure Pak and India keep the peace.] There will be a period of "controlled tension, and then it will pass.

I am not making a political case or taking sides; just stating the facts and pointing out that this playbook is not new.

edealinfo

Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:57 pm

DobboDobbo wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
binayak wrote:

Vistara shouldn't try one stop to US. They'll be at a competitive disadvantage then.
Well Vistara can try Manchester now that they codeshare with VS.

But isn't Manchester relatively low yield? Vistara may fill the back of the aircraft but it can't make a profit if the front is relatively empty.

I’d expect VS to open out Manchester to Mumbai and Delhi over the next 2/3 years. Feeds into their TATL programme, and clears transfer passengers from LHR for p2p.

While I wish this is the case, there was another highly knowledgeable person on VS operations that stated that VS usually starts a major international route on which British Airways already has multiple daily flights. This explains why VS has operations to Delhi and Bombay.

Nevertheless, I hope your prediction comes true.

edealinfo

Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:59 pm

Kolkata airport: Drop flyers and push off in 3 minutes, else ..

More interesting that the article is the picture which shows Fiat and Ambassador taxis at the airport. Those cars were built like tanks and were great for the pot-holed roads in the past. When did production of those cars stop? I would have thought that those cars have long moved off Indian roads so am surprised that they are used as Taxis in Kolkatta.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cit ... 516682.cms

edealinfo

Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:17 pm

edealinfo wrote:
Lufthansa to start a new daily route - Munich to India. some speculate it will be BLR but I hope it will be Hyderabad. If it is BLR then BLR is shaping to be India’s new crown jewel.

On another forum, it looks like the most likely bet is a Munich to Bangalore flight (to add to the existing FRA to BLR 747-800 flight). The aircraft on the MUC to BLR sector is unknown at this point though it could be a A359. Lufthansa could also introduce a Seattle (and DTW) to MUC flight which may allow for seamless connections from Seattle to BLR (An "Amazon Express" flight).

Where is the dtw2hyd dude? He seemed to have left this forum. His dream of the dtw2hyd flight came so close.

DobboDobbo

Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:25 pm

edealinfo wrote:
DobboDobbo wrote:
edealinfo wrote:

While I wish this is the case, there was another highly knowledgeable person on VS operations that stated that VS usually starts a major international route on which British Airways already has multiple daily flights. This explains why VS has operations to Delhi and Bombay.

Nevertheless, I hope your prediction comes true.

That might be true at LHR, but I’m the case of MAN BA has no long haul routes (whereas VS has an expanding long haul network) so the principle stated above cannot apply.

edealinfo

Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:32 pm

DobboDobbo wrote:

That might be true at LHR, but I’m the case of MAN BA has no long haul routes (whereas VS has an expanding long haul network) so the principle stated above cannot apply.

Fair enough and I agree.

edealinfo

Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:24 pm

edealinfo wrote:
On another forum, it looks like the most likely bet is a Munich to Bangalore flight (to add to the existing FRA to BLR 747-800 flight). The aircraft on the MUC to BLR sector is unknown at this point though it could be a A359. Lufthansa could also introduce a Seattle (and DTW) to MUC flight which may allow for seamless connections from Seattle to BLR (An "Amazon Express" flight).

I wonder if the Munich to Bangalore route is a strategy employed by Lufthansa to preempt potentially United Airlines starting a direct Newark to BLR flight.

edealinfo

Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:35 pm

Vistara to stretch wings in Thailand, Nepal

https://www.outlookindia.com/newsscroll ... al/1589582

edealinfo

Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:37 pm

https://www.cnbctv18.com/business/agra- ... 110361.htm

Airlines have plans to start flights connecting AGRA with Varanasi, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Mumbai, Lucknow, Delhi and Jaipur. FOUR (of the seven) proposed flight routes will begin in December.

edealinfo

Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:43 pm

As India aims for Moon, AAI targets pigeons with slingshots ..

This story gets 10/10 for the title
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cit ... 517785.cms

georgiabill

Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:49 pm

Any chance of AI ordering more 787'S or A350'S in the next year? I would like to see a mix of 789'S and 787-10"S ordered, but A359 and A35K would be an excellent addition to their fleet. Surprised AI hasn't taken 9W'S 77W fleet to expand international destinations

TEMPO

Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:19 pm

edealinfo wrote:

Regardless of this speculation, on a personal anecdotal basis, I already regard BLR as the crown jewel of international airports in India. For the past nine or ten trips to India, I have entered through BLR, and have been reliably through the airport and at my destination 40 km/25 miles away within 90 minutes of touchdown with my checked-in luggage in hand. In fact, often within 75 minutes of touchdown. That kind of throughput is not something I’ve experienced anywhere else in India or indeed the world Including Europe and Japan. Singapore, perhaps, but there are few places in the city that are 40 km from the airport. I won’t even touch on my experiences in the United States which are far from this BLR “norm”.

blrBird

Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:36 pm

edealinfo wrote:

When I read it on other thread 1st thing that came to mind was HYD....!

MUC-BLR came close to happening a while back and was off the list.... jury is still out let's see where it is lands :)
from star dust....

flyer1225

Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:15 pm

TEMPO wrote:
edealinfo wrote:

Regardless of this speculation, on a personal anecdotal basis, I already regard BLR as the crown jewel of international airports in India. For the past nine or ten trips to India, I have entered through BLR, and have been reliably through the airport and at my destination 40 km/25 miles away within 90 minutes of touchdown with my checked-in luggage in hand. In fact, often within 75 minutes of touchdown. That kind of throughput is not something I’ve experienced anywhere else in India or indeed the world Including Europe and Japan. Singapore, perhaps, but there are few places in the city that are 40 km from the airport. I won’t even touch on my experiences in the United States which are far from this BLR “norm”.

Try landing during rush hour. BLR is the crown jewel of airports that barely count as belonging to a particular city based on sheer proximity - competitors include Frankfurt Hahn and Paris Beauvais.
6E/9W/AA/AF/AI/AS/B6/BA/DJ/DL/EK/FL/HA/IC/IT/JQ/LH/LX/OS/QF/S2/SG/UA/US/VS/VX/WN

TEMPO

Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:24 pm

flyer1225 wrote:
TEMPO wrote:
edealinfo wrote:

Try landing during rush hour. BLR is the crown jewel of airports that barely count as belonging to a particular city based on sheer proximity - competitors include Frankfurt Hahn and Paris Beauvais.

Agreed, about rush hour, though all European flights and most Middle Eastern ones arrive in the overnight hours, so I don’t usually have to deal with traffic. But the fact that I’m driving away from the airport under 20 minutes after touchdown of an international flight, with my checked-in luggage, has never changed. As for proximity, it’s the time, not the distance. I live 5 miles/8 km from my place of work (not in India), and the transit time varies between 12 and 50 minutes depending on the time of day and the phase of the moon.

unrave

Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:51 pm

flyer1225 wrote:
TEMPO wrote:
edealinfo wrote:

It needs urgent metro connectivity

lightsaber

Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:24 pm

georgiabill wrote:
Any chance of AI ordering more 787'S or A350'S in the next year? I would like to see a mix of 789'S and 787-10"S ordered, but A359 and A35K would be an excellent addition to their fleet. Surprised AI hasn't taken 9W'S 77W fleet to expand international destinations

Errr... How about paying for enough spare parts to fly the entire current 788 fleet? That alone would be substantial growth.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

edealinfo

Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:34 am

It is at Etihad’s behest that the deadline for submitting an EOI for Jet was extended to Aug 10.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dnaind ... 778935/amp

unrave

Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:41 am

DEL to increase airside passenger handling capacity to 140m pa by 2021

FligtReporter

Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:47 am

Im back after a long travels and hectic schedule and guess what I flew UK this time after a long time and was surprisingly impressed at how much they have improved the instance I was blown away with was the announcement made by the crew with full details of the Vegetarian and Non Vegetarian option for the Economy pax as PE and B pax already have dedicated menus...remind you for a 2:30 hour flight even a 45 Min flight.

and if that was not enough I was flabbergasted being adressed by my name in ECO ..I know most of you might think Im exaggerating but its true and probably because the crew had a paper with the list of names who were flying on LITE fare but I paid the standard fare and because I was busy making my report and all of a sudden I hear my name like *Excuse me Mr.Flight reporter,what would you like to have mr.reporter* Im sure they must be Ex Kingfisher Crew.

Im done.Vistara is one of the Best airline in the world.

avier

Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:13 pm

Vistara increases frequency on :
BOM-BLR to 7x daily
BOM-MAA to 4x daily
from 8th August.
Also inducted 7th 737-800 from 9W.

*To note: BOM-BLR now has more flights than when 9W was around. Also fares on this route have been very low since a while. Meaning Jet slots are being used by other airlines more so for enhancing flights on metro sectors rather than filling the rest of void on many non-metro sectors from BOM left by 9W. Sectors like BOM-Rajkot/Bhuj/Aurangabad/Jodhpur/Mangalore are still suffering since 9W disappearance.

edealinfo

Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:18 pm

FligtReporter wrote:
Im back after a long travels and hectic schedule and guess what I flew UK this time after a long time and was surprisingly impressed at how much they have improved the instance I was blown away with was the announcement made by the crew with full details of the Vegetarian and Non Vegetarian option for the Economy pax as PE and B pax already have dedicated menus...remind you for a 2:30 hour flight even a 45 Min flight.

and if that was not enough I was flabbergasted being adressed by my name in ECO ..I know most of you might think Im exaggerating but its true and probably because the crew had a paper with the list of names who were flying on LITE fare but I paid the standard fare and because I was busy making my report and all of a sudden I hear my name like *Excuse me Mr.Flight reporter,what would you like to have mr.reporter* Im sure they must be Ex Kingfisher Crew.

Im done.Vistara is one of the Best airline in the world.

Welcome back and it is nice to hear that at least 1 Indian carrier is striving to stand out. It is experiences like the one you had that helps build a loyal base of customers.

edealinfo

Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:24 pm

unrave wrote:
DEL to increase airside passenger handling capacity to 140m pa by 2021

WOW, WOW, WOW! Wouldn’t this make DEL the largest airport in the world by airside capacity?( Or maybe , number 2 after Beijing’s New Daxing airport?)
This also means that by 2021, Vistara et al won’t have to worry about slots at DEL.

How is the progress on DEL’s 4th runway? When is that expected to be ready?

edealinfo

Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:29 pm

avier wrote:
BOM-BLR to 7x daily
BOM-MAA to 4x daily
from 8th August.

*To note: BOM-BLR now has more flights than when 9W was around. Also fares on this route have been very low since a while. Meaning Jet slots are being used by other airlines more so for enhancing flights on metro sectors rather than filling the rest of void on many non-metro sectors from BOM left by 9W. Sectors like BOM-Rajkot/Bhuj/Aurangabad/Jodhpur/Mangalore are still suffering since 9W disappearance.

How many routes has Mangalore lost, net net? Didn’t SpiceJet and Indigo replace some capacity. separately, note that SpiceJet has started DEL to Mangalore replacing the 1 daily flight operated by Jet

from Vistara’s perspective, I think they did the right thing by increasing frequency to BLR and MAA as they need the business passengers who likely prefer flight timings. I think Vistara should also focus on Pune before its slots are all gone.

CaliguyNYC

Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:39 pm

avier wrote:
BOM-BLR to 7x daily
BOM-MAA to 4x daily
from 8th August.

I think it is reality that people need to get used to. That said, it will get a bit better call it a year from now. Some airlines will win while others will lose and realize metro flying isn’t always a cash cow. Vistara is a business airline so it should prioritize metro and business routes from BOM.

CaliguyNYC

Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:42 pm

edealinfo wrote:
It is at Etihad’s behest that the deadline for submitting an EOI for Jet was extended to Aug 10.

I thought the newspapers were saying EY wouldn’t bid. This saga never ends and becomes a bigger joke with each passing day. I am still curious as to what the IBC is letting them bid on. With all the new routes by other airlines announced and flying (all be it on temporary slots), I think it would be too disruptive to give back slots to jet. The ship has sailed and they should just let it go. Sorry banks, you took too long on coming up with a plan.

avier

Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:20 pm

edealinfo wrote:
How many routes has Mangalore lost, net net? Didn’t SpiceJet and Indigo replace some capacity. separately, note that SpiceJet has started DEL to Mangalore replacing the 1 daily flight operated by Jet

9W had about 3-4 daily service on BOM-IXE. Has been made up for by just 1 evening flight by SG. Had also one flight each to DXB & AUH from 9W, which hasn't seen anyone fill up that capacity.
All those other cities I mentioned above are just left with about 1 daily from AI, who ruthlessly pulled out even some of those for using resources (aircraft/crew) for Hajj operations, leaving them with no connectivity.

TEMPO

Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:27 pm

KLM is upgauging its Bangalore flights next summer from 787-9 (~290 seats) to a 787-10 (~330 seats) going from about 900 seats a week in October to about 1000 seats a week at the end of March 2020. Compare that to about 2000 seats a week when Jet was flying to Amsterdam.

From 30th October 2019 to 28th March 2020
KL879 AMS1105 – 0050+1BLR 789 135
KL880 BLR0245 – 0825AMS 789 246

From 29th March 2020, the timing is almost exactly that of the Air France CDG flight.
KL879 AMS1025 – 2320BLR 781 146
KL880 BLR0120 – 0745AMS 781 257

VTCIE

Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:06 pm

About the J&K and Ladakh news. Today Ladakh has only one airport: Leh Kushok Bakula Airport (IXL). While it is well-connected to Delhi, J&K and Punjab, IndiGo does not fly to IXL. Hopefully Ladakh will get a second airport and 6E will start service to IXL.
In grieving remembrance of the thousands of people who lost their lives on ET-AVJ, PK-LQP, XA-UHZ, S2-AGU, CP-2933, SU-GCC, EI-ETJ, D-AIPX, PK-AXC, 9M-MRD, VT-AXV and above all 9M-MRO, besides many more. Your deaths are not in vain. Safety first, always.

CaliguyNYC

Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:38 pm

VTCIE wrote:
About the J&K and Ladakh news. Today Ladakh has only one airport: Leh Kushok Bakula Airport (IXL). While it is well-connected to Delhi, J&K and Punjab, IndiGo does not fly to IXL. Hopefully Ladakh will get a second airport and 6E will start service to IXL.

I would expect air connectivity to improve rapidly now. I feel Ike there will be a lot of investment in hotels and tourist facilities now that property can be owned by all Indians

edealinfo

Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:42 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
edealinfo wrote:

I thought the newspapers were saying EY wouldn’t bid. This saga never ends and becomes a bigger joke with each passing day. I am still curious as to what the IBC is letting them bid on. With all the new routes by other airlines announced and flying (all be it on temporary slots), I think it would be too disruptive to give back slots to jet. The ship has sailed and they should just let it go. Sorry banks, you took too long on coming up with a plan.

I think Etihad’s ONLY interest in Jet is to get its seat allotment from India to AUH especially when India is no longer going to increase bilateral rights like it did in the past. I mean just see what happened to Emirates. Its seat capacity to India has been frozen since 2016 with no end in sight.

edealinfo

Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:46 pm

CaliguyNYC wrote:
VTCIE wrote:

I would expect air connectivity to improve rapidly now. I feel Ike there will be a lot of investment in hotels and tourist facilities now that property can be owned by all Indians
but why would anyone travel to a region when one fears for their security? Heck, how many Indians or foreigners travel to J and K or Afghanistan for a holiday?

edealinfo

Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:05 pm

TEMPO wrote:
KLM is upgauging its Bangalore flights next summer from 787-9 (~290 seats) to a 787-10 (~330 seats) going from about 900 seats a week in October to about 1000 seats a week at the end of March 2020. Compare that to about 2000 seats a week when Jet was flying to Amsterdam.

From 30th October 2019 to 28th March 2020
KL879 AMS1105 – 0050+1BLR 789 135
KL880 BLR0245 – 0825AMS 789 246

From 29th March 2020, the timing is almost exactly that of the Air France CDG flight.
KL879 AMS1025 – 2320BLR 781 146
KL880 BLR0120 – 0745AMS 781 257

While this is great news, wouldn’t 4x weekly 787-900 have been a better choice than 3X weekly 787-1000?

CaliguyNYC

Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:20 am

edealinfo wrote:
CaliguyNYC wrote:
VTCIE wrote:

but why would anyone travel to a region when one fears for their security? Heck, how many Indians or foreigners travel to J and K or Afghanistan for a holiday?

I was focusing on Leh in Ladhak which is safe and I have several American, non Indian, friends who went there and loved it. There used to be limited flights to Leh because of the airport being mil;Italy run (I think). Also I know quite a few people who have gone from BOM to SIN for trips to see the snow. Sure when things flare up people might back off, but tourists have been back to J&K for quite some time and Leh I don’t think ever had problems. I would also expect more migrants morning into both J&K and Ladhak with the land ownership change.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos